Miami Dolphins and the offseason QB puzzle

One piece of the puzzle was filled yesterday with the Denver Broncos trading for Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco. The Ravens will receive a 2019 4th RD pick from the Broncos in exchange for Joe Flacco. If the Dolphins truly do intend to move on from QB Ryan Tannehill, they will first look to trade him, and now with Flacco traded for a 4th RD pick, the market has been set. The Dolphins probably wouldn’t get a 4th RD pick for the oft injured QB, but a 5th isn’t out of the question.

The bigger question is, what are the Dolphins intentions going into free agency, and then the draft? There are quite a few QB’s available that are average or below average, but there’s only one out there that that’s young-ish, that has potential to be more than average, and that’s 27YO Teddy Bridgewater. Nick Foles is not a FA, and the Eagles still have potential to franchise tag Foles, in order to be able to trade him. There is some controversy regarding that, and it’s understandable. Foles had a buyout clause in his contract, which was a hefty $20 contract, the buyout being Foles would have to pay the Eagles $2M to become a free agent. Considering the fact that the $2M should buy his fredom, it doesn’t seem fair that the Eagles should then be able to restrict his freedom by tagging him. We’ll see how this plays out.

Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum and Josh McCown are all QB’s I’d say for all intents and purposes are about equal to Ryan Tannehill. In my mind, it would make no sense to pay Tannehill $13.24M, and then turn around and give another $8-10M to one of the aforementioned QB’s. The only QB that could make sense is Bridgewater, if the organization felt like they make Bridgewater into a playoff caliber QB, and Bridgewater can make us a playoff caliber team. I don’t think he can, and I wouldn’t go that direction. I don’t think we need a bridge QB, we have 2 young QB’s on the roster, and I hope to have a 3rd after the draft.

Luke Falk, Jake Rudock, and whichever QB we snare in the draft. Let’s face it, we need a great QB here if we want to elevate this team. None of the guys in the previous paragraph are taking us there. Don’t waste time and money, draft the right QB, and run with him! Start the process now! We can draft another QB in 2020 if this QB looks like a dog, but hopefully that’s not the case. How many young QB’s do we see play every season? At least 4 or 5. Let’s be one of those teams. Just because Tannehill didn’t pan out, that’s not a reason to avoid drafting a QB, it’s the biggest reaso to go ahead and do it!

1,689 Responses to Miami Dolphins and the offseason QB puzzle

1. If Top Secret comes back I will ignore him. Because I don’t wish to stress an ill guy out, hope he gets better And takes care of his health.

• He needs to chill and smoke some northern lights 😎

That shit made me feel like I was dying one night. Smoked it back in the early 00’s in NYC on a rooftop before going to the village. I had to hand my beer to my friend and go outside from the bar for fresh air where I felt like I was leaving my body for 5-10 minutes. Strangest thing I ever experienced. Not sure what triggered that.

Weed is very bad for you, I quit smoking it, it is loaded with carcinogenics, cloggs your lungs.
    it’s a bad habit and anyone who smokes it daily is addicted to it.

no thanks

• To each his own, my nephew had terminal brain cancer, same illness that killed his mother.
      He told the doctors no chemo, just smoked cbd and marijuana.
      His brain tumor went away, cbd has cancer fighting properties, and he has been fine for 5 years since, knock on wood.

My sister, God rest her soul, never smoked MJ,
      But instead took chemo and other pharma drugs. Big pharma doesn’t have all the answers, she left 3 children without a mother

Once marijuana is finally legalized for recreational use, you’ll see the government stepping in to claim the profits. Let’s see… a pack of cigarettes costs approximately $7.50 (contingent upon where one lives). I’d say that a pack of marijuana cigarettes will cost a LOT more per pack.

Yeah… go get it legalized so that one must pay through the nose in taxes to Uncle Sam.

If one feels SO VERY adamant about getting marijuana legalized, I’d say one has an addiction problem. I mean, who in their right mind wants to pay $x+ for a dime-sack? And yes, drug crime will ensue as a result as it pertains to cost vs demand (simple logic).

I think Phelon mapped it out rather well in one of his posts earlier today.

M – Where and when did you speak to Top Secret? If you speak to him, please send my regards and best wishes for a strong recovery

Brother, I’ve NOT spoken or communicated with Top Secret. I was asking if anyone else has, since his stroke.

Your sentiments are mine as well… so if anyone here has communication with Top Secret, tell him that Mike E and I are thinking about him!

5. My niece has a Med degree and is a Marijuana Doctor in Pensacola. She is healing patients with CBD and marijuana.
    She was sold when MJ reclaimed her brothers life from terminal cancer, with no chemo or other pharma drugs at all!
    Marijuana Is great for people with chronic pain, epilepsy, appetite problems, cancer, and many other illnesses.

6. 13kvFINS says:

Mike E, Thanks for the 8:27 & 47 am input 😃

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    February 23, 2019 at 5:05 pm
    His own links contradicted his false post that Marijuana makes people violent.

, go back and see
    ————-
    I don’t think you understood what Phelon was talking about… nor did Pig last night with what I was talking about.

• I understand what he is saying, he looks at crime stats, and applies what he wants to them.

But he said marijuana makes people violent, and his links do not show that falsehood.
      Where is his proof showing marijuana makes people violent? He never produced it.

Weed chills You out brah, relaxing.

8. MF, have You ever watched someone die a slow painful death from chemotherapy? It’s horrible, hair falls out, organs fail, inflammation, fever, vomiting, I could go on.

I held my sisters hand through it to no avail, worst time of our lives, now her daughter has the education , motivation, and the answer, that saved her brothers life from terminal brain tumor, he didn’t even miss work! No chemo or pharma drugs, period.

David — did watch what happened when Dad decided not to do do chemo with Mom. Wasn’t real fun to watch.

• I’m sorry to hear that, but My sister always complained the chemo was worse than the brain tumor. It destroyed her health quicker than the cancer did.

I personally would never do chemo, just give me what my nephew had, smoke some good Bob Marley or BC bud

Dad did chemo and worked, even yeah was a tough ride. Gave him another 10 years after was over at least. He chose not to do with Mom cause was like a 99% chance fatal even if did do it. But what do I know? Can only guarantee that watching your Mom slowly die of cancer not a great option either.

———–
    Not sure what the problem with that would be M13. Anyone who smokes the equivalent of a pack of cigs in pot won’t be able to figure out whether they are at home or went down the rabbit hole. They say stronger now, but even leaving that aside…. let the free market go to work. Even if a fan of sin taxes as well…. even if bad ones for me.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    February 23, 2019 at 5:06 pm
    No, she has a medical degree and is saving lives.

Williams was a football player
    —————–
    Ricky, too, has a medical degree and is saving lives. Difference? Ricky is saving lives with preemptive, NON-‘getting high’ marijuana solutions: MEDICAL.

Your niece, I presume, is more about sedating the terminally ill… providing them with a way to tolerate the pain.

If I’m wrong about as much, I DO apologize to you, David. I just don’t like people who don’t understand marijuana throwing my man Ricky under the bus.

• I remember Williams as a football player not too long ago.
        Honestly I don’t mean to toss shade at Ricky even though he shit on the Phins, I didn’t know he had a degree, or is helping people, that is good for Him, I hope he does very well!

• No, she saves terminal cases, saves lives. Other doctors give up, she takes over.
      I gave her brother as an example, but he isn’t the only one.
      Of course She also helps the terminally ill pain, but her emphasis is to get better completely with safer alternatives than chemo and big expensive pharma

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    February 23, 2019 at 5:12 pm
    MF, have You ever watched someone die a slow painful death from chemotherapy? It’s horrible, hair falls out, organs fail, inflammation, fever, vomiting, I could go on…
    —————
    You know I have, my friend. My very best friend Jimmy died in ’15 from cancer. It was the most agonizing time in my entire life, Brah. 😢

I’m not buying violence is due to weed as in behavior from smoking it. Those who are violent are likely violent people that just happen to smoke weed. I’ve never been around violence with people smoking weed. Alcohol yes.

There’s a reason when someone was all riled up and aggressive we’d say “yo, chill man, take a few hits of a joint and calm down.” It works.

• Yes, true, it’s alcohol that sets people off much more than Marijuana,
      Drinks beating their spouse, bar fights, etc
      and legalizing MJ gives alcoholics a safer, less violent and no hangover alternative
      if they want it

13. Excuse me. I’m looking for Finsmob Unleashed?

Topics come and go, and right now the football stuff is slow, just a whole lotta speculation going on. I don’t mind the off topics at all. It will eventually turn back to football

15. It’s FinsLeaf Unharvested, lol. Jk

16. I’m actually hoping Murray comes here at 13. I know some will wash wahh, but what if the Fins come off looking like Geniuses? We all know he can ball like no other, we just don’t know how well he can transition up to the NFL level.

But only one way to find out, pick and sign the man, and get him a Miami Uni and Helmet.
    He might surprise a lot of people, and destroy NFL defenses.

It’s very difficult, but not as difficult as it once was, rule changes make passing easier than ever before.

Remember when some coaches sat their new guys on the bench for a year or two first, like Rodgers and Brady? Even Marino didn’t start until several games had elapsed with horrible veteran QBing.

Now, many rookie QB,s start game one

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    February 23, 2019 at 5:14 pm
    …Weed chills You out brah, relaxing.
    —————
    My Brah, it’s contingent upon the INDIVIDUAL! C’mon now, surely you understand, right? I mean, weed made me very paranoid every single time I smoked it in my college days: horrible experiences with me and weed. Weed and I do NOT get along, whatsoever.

Ya can’t ‘broad-brush’ weed to the positive, nor shall I to the negative, either.

And AGAIN for the record: I haven’t a problem with weed-smokers… so long as they can keep it under control and don’t graduate to something more powerful.

HOWEVER… what Phelon speaks upon IS THE TRUTH. You might not like the truth as an advocate of recreational marijuana, but the truth must be considered when making state and/or federal laws.

TRUTH: I’ve gotten into fights with marijuana smokers and alcoholics in real life… my (now former) MCs. It’s the alcoholics (sad, but true) who have stayed out of prison. All of the MJ smokers went on to something harder, such as heroin, in one case.

Look… ALL substances are potential gateway drugs. I just wish I had the knowledge that I possess today, in order to help many a former MC of mine. *sigh*

We live, and we learn.

Yes it does make some people paranoid and that’s why they usually don’t smoke it. Not everything is for everyone. I don’t drink much hard alcohol or wine. Choice!

• I shocked You defend his shit incomplete research, shocked.

Did You see in his research where marijuana makes You violent? Show Me, or please stop defending falsehoods.

If a man doesn’t smoke, and can’t research, he isn’t the best source, it’s not possible.

When Marijuana is legal, there isn’t any reason to be afraid of imminent bust, I don’t have any paranoia, nor know anyone that does.
      Also paranoia isn’t violence

Phel falsely claimed weed makes you violent, and didn’t show any proof, just showed crime stats with no reason listed for any changes of crimes.

Nothing showing weed makes You violent, so of course if You can prove he showed MJ makes one violent, go have fun, lol

I’m done wasting my time on his falsehood, I’m smoking it and not violent, so he’s wrong as usual

I have a friend that has stage 4 lung cancer and has been diagnosed with it since 2012, at the time life expectancy was very low after 5 years with stage4, he did chemo and radiation, it has been 7 years he gets a pet scan every 6 months and the tumor hasn’t grown at all.
    thanks to this new immune therapy.

there is a very little spider that infects MJ crops, they are called Spider-mites, you can only see them with a magnifying glass, what do you think growers spray on the weed to kill these dudes?
    rest assured whatever poison they are using you are smoking.

20. BailBondMike says:

David, what is the name of your niece’s clinic? We have several here. I would like to get my wife an Rx for her birthday, LOL.

21. BailBondMike says:

M13, Didn’t want to downplay anyone’s concern for Top Secret by joking around (though I think Top would have laughed at it). I miss him here for other reasons and concerned as well. He’s a good man and sure kept it real. Hope to hear some good news from someone if not from him.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    February 23, 2019 at 5:49 pm
    …Paranoia is from tHe weed, or is it from the illegality of it, looking over Your shoulder for cops?
    Also paranoia isn’t violence…
    —————-
    Nah, man… I was always in a controlled environment when having smoked weed. $#!t, back in those days, I wasn’t paranoid over ANYTHING… BELIEVE ME!

I’m SAYIN’… not every BODY gets the same effect from the same THING.

As such, some get violent, some get mellow, some get hyped, some want to fuck the ugliest woman in the room, some want to eat an entire Taco Bell, some get jealous, some feel shame, some don’t mind getting naked in front of their friends, some say shit they wouldn’t say otherwise (WOW!), some want to put on a show, some want to just chill in the corner of a room, some feel judged, some feel un-judged and don’t care, and some do things they end up deeply regretting.

My camera has been rolling since ’97… and I KNOW what I’m talking about!

Here’s a BIG BOY question: have you ever said something that you’ve regretted, being under the influence of either drugs/alcohol?

• What to do with Wake, hmmm

I love the guy, and he can play another year or two imo

But is he part of a rebuild? And who says a rebuild can’t have some veterans anyway?
      Valid Arguments could be made either way imo.

But of course in the end, it’s up to what Flores wants to do

My feeling is we can’t address ALL of our needs in the draft, but hopefully some, and We will need some guys already here until We can draft again next year.

I don’t think it’s realistic to rebuild in one season, I’m thinking we need 2-3 good drafts to get Flores kind of guys in here, but it Will be interesting to see how it all plays out

I’d like to see him go to a contender and give them a pass rusher they need. He’s not going to win anything in Miami for probably 2 years.

Hope Top is OK, but seems a bunch of folks know about what happened but haven’t talked to him for a good bit. And not like he was much on this board. When’s the last time anyone herd, talked, texted or e-mailed with him? Have a feeling down the road such stuff might come when folks don’t have contacts to check out on. Like if my wife was gone (or for smart reasons left me) and was just me.

I know a number of people that won’t smoke weed because it makes them paranoid, and it has nothing to do with looking over their shoulder or the legality. It’s because they are introducing new chemicals into a machine that is driven by chemicals and chemical reactions. Basic common sense here. We’re all a big bag of meat and chemicals, and we all have different chemical make-ups; ergo, new chemicals affect different people differently.

I myself have been a smoker on and off since I was a teen and as was referenced earlier, the increased strength of the product is crazy. I won’t take edibles as I’ve had serious panic attacks a couple of times on edibles, and I rarely smoke sativas because they are so racey they often give me anxiety. Indicas are much friendlier to me.

Point being, M13, you are completely right when you say it’s all about the individual, and you can’t paint with broad strokes. I knew an individual whose chemical make-up produced reverse effects. When he did coke or meth he calmed, and pot made him tweaked out. Some of the people I referenced above that got paranoid on pot also got violent. I will say, from my experience there is far less aggressive behavior from pot smokers than any other drug I can think of.

I’ve been saying everyone is different since this topic started. LOL

Saying weed causes violent behavior while ignoring the many and I’d bet a majority who don’t get violent, is putting them in the same category as “violent” people who smoke and that isn’t fair. I don’t know anybody who smokes and gets violent from it. Not one person. And I probably know a few hundred people who smoke.

Sorry for not mentioning you, Tim. I know you’ve also been saying that it affects people differently since yesterday. I directed my post to M13 as that was the most recent conversation.

• Agreed, I don’t know of any smokers that are violent either.
        If they were violent, I wouldn’t hang around them, lol

I’ve never seen pot produce a naturally aggressive behavior like say, alcohol produces. I have seen the fear pot paranoia can produce combined with environment and circumstance lead to violent behavior.

Cav — absolutely everyone is different. Have no idea if current science, but read stories on how people get addicted to coke cause adds in a dopamine thing that most have and they don’t. For me tried a couple times and said “why would anyone do that given the cost?” But then met others who got hooked bad.

Addiction is a bizarre condition. I’ve never been chemically addicted, but have watched my wife on her journey to quit smoking for years, and have seen the very real physical reactions she goes through.

Years ago, I had a friend who was pregnant, and the doctor literally told her it may be better for her to have the occasional smoke because trying to quit while pregnant was pushing her blood pressure into such dangerous levels he was concerned about her survival. That is some crazy shit right there.

smoking addiction do know about….. wish I didn’t.

“If they were violent, I wouldn’t hang around them, lol”

David, exactly right. Sure there are times you say “oh look that asshole is here”, whether at a bar or party or whatever. Yeah he smokes weed, but he’s an asshole when he’s straight, when he’s high and especially when he’s drunk. LOL

No worries, Kong.

We all know people that when they drink they completely change and get ornery. I have a few friends that when they smoke weed, they just zone out. But they like to get that way to escape hectic weeks and life. It allows them to forget it for awhile. Weed wears off it’s not like alcohol where you have to sleep it off. Back when we were teens and did acid or mesc we knew we were all in for 6-8 hours minimum. LOL

my friend drinks beer every night, starts about 11pm as he’s a pro musician and stays up most of the night, when he smokes he doubles down on the drinking.
    it’s almost like he’s trying to kill the weed high with a drunk high.
    very strange

A very good friend of mine stop smoking for about a decade because it made him paranoid. He took it back up within the last decade and it relaxes him now. He’s in film, producer, director and editor. Weed takes the edge off during his frustrations with production issues.

At the end of the day it’s about you and what you do.

most heavy weed smokers don’t drink. and most heavy drinkers dont smoke

Fucked up like a run over barn rat!

CavKong,

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

YOU understand!

Tim Knight, posting this again for you. I don’t think anyone is saying that weed makes everyone violent. But by the same token, it can’t be said that weed makes no one violent. This link is to an article on the research done and it’s conclusions. Actual research, not “you have to be a toker to know.”

I’ll just roll with what I know. I haven’t witnessed it so I’m bias. We’re talking almost 40 years experience here. Studies are often bias and countered. Even ones that are true. LOL

February 23, 2019 at 7:16 pm
    smoking addiction do know about….. wish I didn’t.
    —————-

I feel for ya, Stang. I’ve seen the struggle.

enuff of you derelicts. I’m out for the night. Later.

I’m burnt out on the weed discussion and all the rest of the Kraft inspired discussions. LOL

How about some football topics specifically Dolphins?

One of the reporters mentioned something like, do you re-sign Ja’Wuan James for possibly a $50M contract or let him walk and potentially receive a 2020 3rd rd pick? This comes in the wake of compensatory picks being awarded. We got none and the Pats and Rams got two 3rd rd picks each.

During a rebuild, put on your GM cap and what would you do?

For the Metsies!

You know that Pat Benetar song “We belong”? I always substitute – we do bongs – in place of we belong.
    We do bongs
    We do bongs, we do bongs together
    We do bongs every night

Thought this ties in to the latest discussion

Phish

That’s really not a persuasive study
    below is the quote of the findings

“Hers’s what they found: Most of the participants never used cannabis and they were never reported to have violent behavior. 38% of the participants did try cannabis at least once in their life. Most of them experimented with cannabis in their teens, but then stopped using it. However, 20% of the boys who started using pot by age 18 continued to use it through middle age (32-48 years). One fifth of those who were pot smokers (22%) reported violent behavior that began after beginning to use cannabis, whereas only 0.3% reported violence before using weed. Continued use of cannabis over the life-time of the study was the strongest predictor of violent convictions, even when the other factors that contribute to violent behavior were considered in the statistical analysis.”

I have quite a few problems with this study

First, they aren’t comparing this group with non marijuana smokers
    How can you conclude something makes some one more likely to do something, when you don’t study or report anyone else

Second, they are asking people to report their own behavior – not observing anyone. That’s not objective, the findings are a result of each individuals Interpreation of their own behavior which is kind of a ludicrous way to evaluate behavior – by asking people to report their own interpretation of whether they were violent? Maybe pot smokers are more self reflective…lol

Finally, and I had to read this 6 times to make sense of this
    They followed the same group of smokers who continued smoking in to their 40s
    And then a small portion of them reported being violent into their 40s
    I feel like you could have had the same result if you followed people thank drank orange juice Intp their 40s
    I mean the more you parse a group down, the higher % of them will perform a particular behavior
    Bc there is less of them – the % increases
    The actual number is minuscule
    They studied 411 (para before the quote) men
    Then willed it down to 38% (who tried marijuana) – that’s 156 guys
    Then wicked that down to 20% of them – that’s about 32 guys
    And 22% of those guys reported being violent – that’s 7 guys

Does that sound concrete to you
    7 guys?
    I know 7 marijuana smokers in their 40s that aren’t violent

In this case they parsed down a few men who smoked marijuana into their 40s
    And no one else
    Took them on their own word observing themselves

Maybe I’m reading this report wrong or missing something – but I see a lot of flaws

Piggy,
    Yep, I had the same thoughts and more about that study. Very questionable.
    ***
    Besides, the horse is outta the barn on marijuana. Now that the government is finally realizing they can make millions from it, its only a matter of time before the greedy bastards allow big pharm to control it.

yeah – it’s not going to be smooth sailing

But I do think the govt wants the tax revenue
      So maybe they make room for smaller dispensaries

Robert Kraft – 6 super bowl rings – one prostitution ring

Lol @ Piggy and Randy. That is not an atypical psychology study and certainly not a definitive answer to the question. Almost never is one in psychology, which is about one step above sociology on the voodoo science scale. But it is part of a growing number of studies that indicate that smoking weed is neither harmless nor non-violent.

I don’t know, I think they usually compare a group to another base group and the psychologists do the observations themselves

There are good studies on weed being as harmful as tobacco
      So it’s not a black and white answer

But overall,the dangers of marijuana have been greatly exaggerated in my opinion

If something is a gateway to anything it’s when people scream the sky is falling and the skies never does

I read that 7000 per day try marijuana
      If they do that without consequence after being told it will ruin their lives
      How do they take warnings about things that are really harmful serious

The stigma with marijuana has never matched the threat it poses

would Dallas guard FA Cameron Fleming be a god fit in Miami? he has history with O’Shay and he comes on the cheap side.

Tim – I want Alonso to be a difference maker for us this year. Love to see him 30-40 HR’s and be that run producer in the cleanup spot. That would completely change the complexion of this team. If that happens, whenever IF ever Cespedes returns, he’d just be gravy on the meat loaf.

Phish,
    I have a degree in psychology, so we’ll have to disagree on its voodoo nature. I can’t really speak to this longitudinal study because I haven’t read the actual study. I was just commenting on the story about it. It raised questions for me. I have no problem believing marijuana may increase the propensity for violence in some subjects. So can sugar and caffeine and divorce and about a million other factors….including being a sports fanatic. Lol
    ***
    I would be interested in the brain studies and how long term marijuana use affects our brain function. But, ultimately, I am skeptical of studies like this that suggest causality….and prevalence would be important. Does this occur in 2% of the population….or 20%, for instance? One would be significant….the other…not so much. Piggy’s assertion of the need for a control group is also important. The problem is that longitudinal studies like this one are very difficult to control for with any sort of accuracy….too many confounding and conflicting variables.
    ***
    Anecdotal evidence….while not necessarily clinical…can be very valuable. We have decades of it with marijuana use. Very little of it suggests marijuana use increases the propensity towards violence. In fact, most of it points to just the opposite. Scientific? No. But, valuable nonetheless.

46. BailBondMike says:

I dated a girl in Charleston in the mid 80’s who looked just like Pat Benatar, I mean identical. Met her on the beach when I was lifeguarding on the IOP. Her and her friends loved their cocaine back then. Didn’t date her long cause of that since I was on my 1st enlistment in the Navy. Hey Naples, you know her? Name was Tarin Brewer. LOL

47. naplesfan2010 says:

wow Wyo
    How in the world can that girl from Maxim above not be your type?
    That is exactly my type.

48. naplesfan2010 says:

My votes on all of the above, not that anyone cares, of course:
    I love Pat Benatar (looks and music), I think simple prostitution (not trafficking) and simple possession of marijuana (not smuggling) should be completely legal, and I’d pass on drafting Kyler Murray.

I think all pimps should be shot.
    and
    I agree with Steppenwolf in that song “God Damn the pusher”
    that hard drugs are the problem, not weed.

49. naplesfan2010 says:

“The Pusher”

You know I’ve smoked a lot of grass
    O’ Lord, I’ve popped a lot of pills
    But I never touched nothin’
    That my spirit it could kill
    You know, I’ve seen a lot of people walkin’ ’round
    With tombstones in their eyes
    But the pusher don’t care
    Ah, if you live or if you die

God damn, The Pusher
    God damn, I say The Pusher
    I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
    With a lot of grass in his hand
    Oh but the pusher is a monster
    Good God, he’s not a natural man
    The dealer for a nickel
    Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
    Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
    Lord, he’ll leave your mind to scream

God damn, The Pusher
    God damn, God damn the Pusher
    I said God damn, God, God damn The Pusher man

Well, now if I were the president of this land
    You know, I’d declare total war on The Pusher man
    I’d cut him if he stands, and I’d shoot him if he’d run
    Yes I’d kill him with my Bible …
    I’d raise the rent! God Damn!

God damn The Pusher
    Gad damn The Pusher
    I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

Naples – What about possession of a prostitute? Legal or illegal?

Naples – Also completely agree on Lilly, former Dolphins cheerleader. How on earth can that NOT be your type???

I’d be all

LOL — I though any Dolphins Cheerleader would do for Wyoming to sooth the savage beast, but apparently more to it than that. 🙂

Lilly

Back to football

Mike, that HR Alonso hit shows he’s a natural power guy. Not many guys hit that ball out like that. It wasn’t a perfect HR pitch. Impressive. I heard he has some glove issues so he’s got some work to do in that area.

He just stroked a double a few minutes ago on a low and outside pitch, hit it to right center with authority. Dom Smith is gonna have his hands full keeping Alonso from making the team. I want that boy in the lineup! Tebow hit a gapper with Alonso on 2nd and Ramos on 3rd, but the Astros outfielder Myles Straw made a spectacular diving catch. That was just a beauty of a catch. I stood up and applauded. You know what, I freaking love baseball.

M – For you!

Randy – I knew you had a psych degree. That’s one reason that I called it voodoo. I also have a psych degree. That’s the other reason.

I once read that there is a port that goes from one portion of your brain to another portion, on one end of that port is where you access short term memory, the other end is where you store short term memory, MJ reduces the size of the link between these ports thus affects your short term memory.

• naplesfan2010 says:

ROTFLMFAO
      Now that’s voodoo anatomy.

See all you gotta do is drink Bourbon with the dope,
      It is a known fact that bourbon locks the doors to all ports in the human mind.
      Thereby human trafficking can flourish freely in your mind.

Rob “cheater daddy” Kraft is living proof of this phenomenon.

what did i do with my keys dammit!

59. BailBondMike says:

Naples, Windjammer was my hangout the whole time I was there in the early 80’s.

Mike E,

NICE! Lightsaber fighting! I would love to try my hand at that. My nephew and I often spar in the backyard for fun in the summertime. When I was a padawan (LOL), my brother and I used to spar with wiffle bats as lightsabers to the point the bats broke… it very often got brutal and led to fisticuffs. Ah… THOSE were the days! 😀

Man, I wanted to be Luke Skywalker SOOO bad as a kid! I could actually do a 1-armed handstand like he did in “The Empire Strikes Back” while training with Yoda, albeit I couldn’t hold it for more than like 5 seconds. I could do a walking handstand for a good amount of time.

These kids today (as the videos you posted above stated) are so stuck on video games and the like. I’m going to make sure my nephew grows up with physical activity being a big part of his life. And in doing so, perhaps this 40-year old can get back into better physical shape myself… maybe to the tune of even getting into this new and professional lightsaber fighting.

Thanks, Brother Mike E, for sharing! I appreciate it!

This is so yesterday. LOL

Yes, I know! Don’t recall it being posted here (might be wrong), but it definitely caught my eye. If it WAS posted here, it was lost on me with all the weed talk. LOL

I’m just BB/JK. I posted some stuff with him a week or so ago. Not sure if it was this one but I watched this one also. The new mantra for acquiring players from this new coaching staff is team first, smart, tough and multiple. They have to be able to adjust in the game and week to week based on opponent. I’m looking forward to seeing how they go about putting it all together.

Would be cool to build a defense of smart versatile players

Mike E,

Did ya know that Sir Christopher Lee (RIP) was filmed in more sword fights than anyone else in movie history? Just found that out… and it’s now no wonder why George Lucas selected him to be Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus. He was a bloody natural and practiced swordsman.

Lawrence Taylor a Football Life is on now NFLN

He’s still the best defensive player I have ever seen. This video is awesome and it’s linked to Ted Nugent’s rocking Stranglehold.

LT, Reggie White and a Ronnie Lott

That was the trifecta

Yeah that’s three of them for me. I’d also put Rod Woodson in there. Some guys just showed up in a big way every week. Deion Sanders was also a superior impact player at CB even if he shied away from some tackles. He also played WR, ran end arounds and had PRs for TDs.

I didn’t realize the Oscars were on

Yeah we should have a pool on how many poiltical comments are made all one-sided. 😉

I mean you know what the Oscars are

Couple of years ago they actually kept away from politics
        But I don’t blame them for speaking up
        I would if I was them
        I’m just not pretty enough to be them…lol

The Oscars actually sucks now irrespective of politics
        Just not very good movies for starters

They actually cut out the portion of the show where they award cinematography and editing

And those two things are foundational principles to what film is
        It really just shows a lack of respect to the craft

I don’t know if I told you guys I went to film school before law school
        But I did – and I just don’t like the Oscars or really any awards shows

65. naplesfan2010 says:

February 24, 2019 at 1:37 pm
    “He just stroked a double”

I once stroked a double, and I think they BOTH lived on Isle of Palms.
    IOP girls put out like there’s never gonna be another oyster roast.

66. naplesfan2010 says:

BBM
    Windjammer in the early 80s was my neighborhood bar.
    I lived on 22nd a couple blocks from the ocean.
    That’s like the first residential street after Palms Blvd makes that big loop.

We used to play coed beach volleyball beside the jammer.
    Bikini heaven.

We used to surf the break at 5th. It was usually hot glass, as long as you didn’t ride too far South and get swept into the undertow of Breach Inlet and drown in the maelstrom there.

67. naplesfan2010 says:

Here’s another inspirational video for MF13 and all of us oldsters on here wanting to get back into shape to do our handstands again and walk on our hands like this like we used to.

68. naplesfan2010 says:

Hey Piggy, you and I have lots in common.
    I too went to school in film-making (at U of South Carolina).
    Unlike you, however, I did not change to steady work.

Phelon,

Sir, I never realized that TRIPOLI was actually once considered a nation… and of the Ottoman Empire, no doubt. I’d always thought that the Marine Corps’ “from the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli” was strictly about the port city of Tripoli, now capital of modern day Libya.

I know, this comes out of right field, right? LOL. I’m watching a history of slavery, and there IS, in fact, a secret of white slavery… perpetrated by the Barbary Pirates in the late 1700s. I also didn’t realize the Barbary Pirates were involved in such slavery, but I DID already know that the Marines became known as “Leathernecks” back in those days. Why? The Barbary Pirates (being Muslim) would decapitate their enemies.

By outfitting and surrounding their necks with leather, our brave young men weren’t nearly as susceptible to decapitation in those days… hence “Leathernecks”.

Just wanted to let ya know that I’m always diggin’ history, I come from a military fam, I’m a HUGE supporter of our armed forces, and maybe (though I doubt it!) I found something ya didn’t already know.

#Respect, Phelon!

Queen minus Feddie Mercury is performing at the Oscars right now
    The guy that have signing is a douche
    But the rest of the band is there

71. naplesfan2010 says:

My apologies everyone for the hand stand video.
    i did nto mean to offend anyone.
    i have never heard of that person in the video and did not realize that she had fame in other areas of hte internet.
    I just thought to be joking with MF13 and grabbed the first youtube video I came upon that had someone doing an outrageously excellent hand stand including walking for a while, since MF13 mentioned he could do that.

Please accept my apologies MF13. I did nto mean to link you to her in any way other than being very athletic.

And i am quite certain that you could do a way better handstand than i ever could.

Naples,

Sir! You have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for, man!!! I found the video to be absolutely delightful!!! 😀

HELL YEAH!!!

LT, porn stars and light sabers????

Don’t get me wrong, the eye candy is great! But most of the Maxim girls would bore me to death!

I’m a meat and potatoes guy! Parsley is to be thrown on the floor!

• naplesfan2010 says:

very interesting metaphors
      I am unable to parse out the exact looks of a girl a meat and potatoes guy would like,
      but I am sure they are also gorgeous in their own way. Sturdy and earthy and full of laughter and capable of making a man happy at a deep, elemental level.

Maxim girls to me are the epitome of fine, exquisite women,
      but i certaily understad that there might be guys who have other
      ummm shall we say taste in women,
      as long as you are using food analogies.

I love parsley, too. It’s so crisp and refreshing, like a blonde woman on a balcony early on a Sunday morning in lacy underwear sipping black coffee and watering the philodendrons in the dappled sunbeams of dawn.

74. naplesfan2010 says:

signing off for the night before I do anything else dumb

Have a great week everyone and Go Dolphins.
    Let the new Era begin.

You didn’t do anything “dumb”, Brother! But if you are signing off for the night, have a great week, my friend!

YES… let the new era begin!!!
      GO PHINS!!!

75. naplesfan2010 says:

I don’t eat pigs.

Naples you’re awesome man

77. naplesfan2010 says:

PS One of my few regrets in life is never having seen Queen live.

Naples, Mike E, et al…

When “Episode I” came out in 1999 (Star Wars, of course), I was near completion of another album. I very much wanted to incorporate lightsaber fights for our shows, being the album was quite the exploration into ‘good vs evil’ on many a song.

While that never came to fruition (the lightsaber battles onstage), I’ve always been enamored and intrigued by Ray Park (Darth Maul) since “Episode I”. THAT cat is superior when it comes to weapon-wielding martial arts. In case ya didn’t already know, he played Toad in “X-Men” and Snake-Eyes in the recent “G.I. Joe” movies.

Yes… I always wanted to be Luke Skywalker… but after “Episode I”, I wanted to be Ray Park (Darth Maul).

son of a son of a shula says:
    February 24, 2019 at 8:25 pm (Edit)
    Dirty Pig

***

I saw the video and was like “hey, I know that ass”

To be clear, I am NOT watching the Oscars. I’ll be damned if I give these ********* any kind of attention, whatsoever. But I WILL post their “ooops!” moments here.

Al-qahirah. Horakhti. Hor Dshr. Nr-Simha. #cydonia

M – During the time of the Barbary pirates, North Africa was mostly city states rather than countries. Tripoli was one of them. The movie “The Wind and the Lion” (Sean Connery and Candice Bergman) was set during that time.

MR> SPIKES: Since you are not watching the Academy Awards, I’ll tell you that GREEN BOOK won the Oscar for best picture of the year! And it was the BEST PICTURE Mrs. OD and I saw in at least the last several years. BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY also was an awesome movie. In most years, it would have been selected as the best picture.

RIGEL my man, go see BOTH of these movies!

I just wanna say, there is no such thing as weed being leaglized at a state or national level. If you work for a private business and they determine they wish to stick to no drugs as part of their workplaces rules, if you test positive on one of their piss tests it isnt going to matter what the laws of the state are. Ultimately people are more controlled by workplace rules than they are state or national laws. People have rarely been deterred by the state laws against drugs, but when they know that they have an entity thats governs their income that will test, that dissuades them more than anything else. Ive smoked it, i currently dont smoke it, but i do know that legalizing it in the state i live isn’t going to make any difference in my decision to smoke it again.

He was also Baraka in the Mortal Kombat movie M13.

“Ideally, I’d like him to play all downs and be effective at everything you do.” That’s new TE coach George Godsey on what he likes to the PBP. Almost makes you think he wouldn’t have gone for the two TEs we took in the last draft.

well, at least not one of them anyway…..

You need more than one. Sometimes they may want to go big with 2-3 TEs.

yeah, but one of them can block AND catch the other is a giant pussy who should not have been picked instead of Goedert

No doubt about that…. but he was talking about that all-around who is in every play even if others come on. Maybe that is like finding the Gronkicorn. Doesn’t stop a TE coach from wanting it though.

Last one was to TIm. And Rock — you really think that about Gesicki or just trying to get on MIke E’s nerves? No doubt where the explosive talent is, even if still untapped.

February 25, 2019 at 2:26 pm
    is that star wars?

Yeah, strange Japanese artwork. I definitely looks like Han, Leah and Luke to me!

I ran across it this morning and thought of the light saber / star wars convo last night.

anyone ever hear of MCT oil???

I’d rather have the Clemson DT

I have no idea which prospects are going where just yet. Just posting some info. I come across. There will be plenty of options at #13 if we stay put.

ocalarob says:
    February 25, 2019 at 3:07 pm

anyone ever hear of MCT oil???
    ——————————————
    Thats supposedly weed without the THC. Supposed to give you some of the relaxation feelings, not the stoned feeling and undetectable to standard drug tests, though there are other tests that still catch it.

MCT oils is what the people who are doing the Keto diets use to help kick start that diet or help get them back into it if they have strayed a little.

Stanger, I’m only half joking.

I saw it when he was coming out and commented on it. (Gesicki’s unwillingness / inability to block) I thought it would be an issue.

The other half is just to bust Mike E the superfan’s balls. (I don’t care if he is from Jersey, Snookie is from Jersey too and can probably block better)

The combine starts tomorrow doesn’t it?

ocalarob says:
    February 25, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Lawrence
    ————————————
    Word on him is he is an off-field problem and has a horrible work ethich and low motor, he was compared to how Phillips was coming out of college. Tons of ability, really poor attitude.

He doesn’t sound like a player this new regime would target.

Tried to find the article, and thre are a bunch of articles saying something different so it may not be true about Lawrence, but just that one persons opinion. Ill just trust them to do their research on him and select him if they feel he is their type of guy. I did see several articles where they said he is a true NT and does not rush the pass very well, but is elite at eating space and helping shut down the run. Most places still have Wilkins rated higher.

Some more early buzz about this prospect and the Dolphins.

• ocalarob says:

let’s see we have Branch…Quinn…Wake….charles harris…hayes…woodard…Tank…
      I realize that some may not be returning it still does not look like a position of need.

Well you just answered your own question. Don’t expect a few of them back. Hayes is also a UFA, he’ll be 34 years old in May and he’s coming off a season ending ACL injury. Woodard and Tank are no guarantee to make the team.

It really dpends heavily on who or how many dont return. Its a possibility they cut Branch and Quinn loose, and let Hayes and Wake walk in FA. If so they leaves us Tank and Harris, and i dont know you could count on Tank since he spent a good part of his career not starting. I think we have others like Malveaux who are going to fix this floating scheme pretty well, but they also arent very proven commodities either.

Malveaux got poached off our PS by ARZ last year.

Seems like i remember that, but last year was so disappointing i probably blocked most all dolphins related shit out lol.

D says:
    February 25, 2019 at 4:01 pm
    Most people get it from Heavy Whipping cream in the coffee, makes the coffee really rich and gives ya the MCT’s as well.
    ___________________________________
    That may have 10% MCTs, MCT oil is 100%

Man this Kyler Murray shit is really ramping up. Some fo the reporters are now calling hm the best QB in the class in front of Haskins now.

I don’t think we’re taking him if Grier is making the pick. Do you?

I think it depends on if the coaches believe in Murray and everyone is on board. If that’s not the type of QB they’re looking for we won’t pick him and we might not even have the chance.

Ill be honest Mikey, i dont know anymore. I wouldn’t have expected the buzz around him to have been so big right now anyways. Im still leaning towards no, too risky for us, but im not 100% sure what these guys are looking for that are leading our team. He might be exactly what they want.

D, I’ve so moved on from last year. LOL

“but im not 100% sure what these guys are looking for that are leading our team. He might be exactly what they want.”

That’s what I’m wondering. If you’re starting fresh this would be the time to start with something different if you think a guy like Murray could be a successful. If they think he can succeed and be dynamic go for it. Then look for a backup QBs who can also run that offense. They’ll likely not be on the same talent level athletically or as fast as Murray, but a similar skill set to run the same stuff.

MF-13: MESSAGE FOR YOU up the page at 7:36 AM. ENJOY!
    ——————————–
    IT’s LIGHTNING HOCKEY TIME! They drop the puck in just a few minutes. GO BOLTS!!

D – I don’t get caught up in pre draft buzz – There’s so much speculation, but I do admit sometimes when there’s just an overwhelming amount of reports that match up about a team wanting a player, it might just mean something. Not that it’s ideal, but I think the only way we would even consider taking Murray is if he fell to #13, and that might not happen anyway

That’s why this offseason will be interesting because we know going in that we’re not going to acquire players because we have some holes we need to fill so we can go all out and try to make the playoffs. That’s not the agenda. It should be fun in a year we know winning is not the priority. For all the couch GMs, team builders and draftniks this is your time. LOL

Any of you guys/gals here interested in going to a Cigar Fest in Pennsy, May 4th?

• naplesfan2010 says:

Aren’t cigars made of a cancer causing plant that also stinks when burned?
      I try to be as cool as you guys, but I just don’t get the cigar thing.

I’d love to, but cigars really aren’t my thing. Like Naples above, I don’t get it either.

I went thought that phase with a bunch of friends in the late 90’s along with golf. Got tired of it and I’m not a big fan of the smell but can tolerate it.

Old Dolfan,

YES… I read that “Green Book” won big last night: I’m definitely going to see that one. I don’t know about “Bohemian Rhapsody”… I don’t think that’s a movie I’d enjoy, but that’s just me. Thanks again for the heads up!

I would think you’d want to see a movie about an iconic band like Queen. Their music is played at every sporting event in the world. We will rock you, we are the champions. Why not watch it and then decide? I have not see it yet either but I will.

I could never get into Queen, man. I dig “We Will Rock You”, but aside from that one song, I really don’t like their music. I respect the musical contributions of Freddie Mercury, but I just don’t dig them.

Gotcha! Even though Bohemian Rhapsody has become like Stairway to Heaven, you have the respect the musical elements and performance of that tune. It’s got everything.

Indeed! Freddie/Queen have my respect, they just aren’t my cup o’ tea.

D says:
    February 25, 2019 at 5:15 pm
    Does it taste bad straight up like that?

___________________________________

No Taste No smell, but you can feel the slime in the coffee

108. naplesfan2010 says:

I also am not putting any effort at all in draft and FA choices this year.
    It would just be guesswork or my personal preferences, unrelated to what the FO/HC wants to build here.
    I try to put the clues together.
    Let’s see … we want Brady 2.0 (the new Millennial Brady)
    who can run a disguised dink and dunk. Etc. Etc.

And we want a no name defense that confuses offenses with multiple sets.

M13, I hear ya. My last post was more about how many people view Bohemian Rhapsody as just an amazing song even if Queen isn’t their cup of tea. Sometimes a tune is just so good no matter what your musical taste it crosses all boundaries.

To me, the song “Bohemian Rhapsody” is so well done that it gets stuck in my head. And unfortunately for me, I can’t stand that song! LOL

I know we all have experienced the same, where a song we really don’t like gets absolutely stuck in our heads. Now THAT is the sign of a very good song! 🙂

110. naplesfan2010 says:

Until they commit to something, make one tell move, cut somebody, sign somebody, trade somebody, just any clue, then I and the rest of the NFL are ignorant.

Which is the way they want it, and I can’t fault them for playing it close to the vest.

What I hope is that they are having 24/7 meetings which are for the purpose of getting all these various coaches and advisors and scouts on the same page.

I hope Flores is picking Caldwell’s brain, and Grier is getting mentored by Reggie.

I hope that ex-KC scout is combing the draft board for the type guy who can mesh with whatever dark-web bellichek scheme they will implement.

I think it’ll have certain facets, but again, I’m just guessing.

This is a good post (along with your 8:53 PM post), and it’s pretty much how I feel as well. This is the first time in forever I have absolutely zero idea of what may unfold, who to scout, FA preferences/fits, and just being absolutely out of touch with our Phins.

And I kind of like it, being we’re absolutely unpredictable this year. Could be a very good thing! 🙂

• naplesfan2010 says:

yes that is a very smart addition to my post. Since everybody knows the patriots, they will think they can predict what we’ll do.

The joke’s on them though, as they can’t even figure out what the patriots will do, even after they’ve won 33 Super Bowls or whatever it is now.

That’s the whole point, the secret weapon of the patriot way. There is no way.
        There is only “Do your job.”

Each week they decide what will work best against that particular opponent, and then they just go out and do that. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty damn close.

And that is what we are already doing, just one month in.
        … and I like it.

Thinking the same thing but I don’t feel like Grier and Flores need mentoring from McKenzie and Caldwell. They are the leaders. Qualified veteran voices of wisdom is more of what this is. Grier and McKenzie started their personnel paths the same year in 94.

111. naplesfan2010 says:

MF13
    LOL
    I got “We are Family” stuck in my head after watching “The Bird Cage.”
    Funny movie, great song, but “not my cup o’ tea.”
    Had to crank “Free Bird” up to 10 in my car to cleanse my ear canals.

112. naplesfan2010 says:

Flores said this, not Gase:
    “It’s constant communication,” Flores said. “Chris Grier and I, we’ve talked about that and we’re kind of aligned in that way. We basically talk four, five times a day just about all the things we’ve talked about — combine, free agency to draft. There’s a lot going on right now. But communication is the big key and I talked about that with the staff as well. Any issues that arise, if we don’t head them off — and they will arise, whether it’s disagreement about a player, really any issue — we have to be able to talk about them and really talk through so we make the correct decision and do what’s best for the Miami Dolphins. So communication is the big thing for us, at least in my opinion.”

113. naplesfan2010 says:

Well Tim, Flores hired Caldwell for some reason and Grier hired Reggie for some reason.
    If it’s not to benefit from their vast experience, then why did they hire them?
    Flores has never been a HC, Caldwell has, so he can advise Fores on all that business crap.
    Grier has never been THE GM, but Reggie has, and his team went 12-4.
    and then flamed out when an ego maniac came on board.

I like 12-4.

I said not to mentor. Usually a mentor is someone ahead of someone. Grier and Flores are the top two dogs of the Miami Dolphins football team. As I said McKenzie and Caldwell are here because they are good at what they do and bring wisdom. Marvin Allen is now the top dog of college scouting and asst. GM. But only when Grier/Flores are aligned will the decision be made. Between the two you get the personnel side of it and the coaching staff perspective. Grier and Flores have to mesh that.

There is no doubt that this team has quality and experienced people in charge. The rebuild and being a contender in 2021 will decide how good they really are. If you’re not good in three years after 3 FA and drafts, what’s going on? Not saying winning the Super Bowl, but get into the playoffs and have a shot.

MF-13: Twice I’ve tried to write about my experiences with these two movies, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY and THE GREEN BOOK, but both were removed before I could finish. So here’s the very shortened version: YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF to see BOTH of these movies. I was an ultimate QUEEN skeptic BEFORE I SAW RHAPSODY. But the beautiful Mrs. OD knows me better, and INSISTED I SEE IT WITH HER! Boy was her judgment spot on!
    ————-
    THE GREEN BOOK WAS MY ERA–the 1960’s. “What was it REALLY LIKE to live in the ’60’s?? This movie will give you a part of the answer. And what an important part it is!–
    OUT for tonight!

PS: My prior comments weren’t censored as far as I know. I think something computer-wise was the root of the problem.

Or, has an agent of ROBERT KRAPP seized control of my computer??–JK.

Mike Francesa loved the movie and has said exactly everything you said here.

I think the new coaching staff will use Charles Harris as a multiple. Edge both 2 and 3 pt. stance, and as a stunt LB similar to Hightower. More attacking than coverage.

In 2 weeks the new league year starts, March 13 at 4 pm

in my estimation there will be only a few likely suspects to pick from, I think Murray and Haskins will be gone at 13. So as for QBs either Lock or Jones, could also be Oliver, Sweat or the Alabama tackle Williams or Jawan taylor.

one of these 5 guys should be a dolphin barring a trade up or back

• ocalarob says:

6 guys

I could live with any of those selections. I think thats the big thing to take into consideration here is that no matter who we select, QB or otherwise we should be getting a player that can really help our team and just not sweat what position or who it is. Im leaning toward a QB, but im not going to be upset if its not one.

I prefer Jones to Lock. But what do I know.

Lemme rephrase, i prefer Jones to Lock for a stable transition and a quick start to our new regime, i prefer Lock to Jones as far as truly elite potential. What i really meant to say is i prefer Lock and Jones to the other QB’s and not so much as a comparison to one another. Id be really happy with either of them just with different short term and long term expectations.

Naples – Everything moderation my friend. I didn’t get the cigar thing either at first, but it’s a pleasant experience. I didn’t get the bourbon thing either for that matter, but now I enjoy both cigars and bourbon, especially together. I don’t smoke a cigar a day, I smoke one maybe every couple of weeks, and sometimes even less frequently. I never smoke indoors, so I’m not stinking up the house or exposing anyone to large amounts of second hand smoke.

• ocalarob says:

I’m not sure i get the Cigar thing? what possible enjoyment could come from that?

It’s a nice flavor that comes from the tobacco, and the aroma can be pleasant if you like that sort of thing. The pairing of either bourbon or scotch or even some beers or coffee also pair well with a cigar. I guess you’d have to try it, and probably more than once to appreciate it, if you have the desire. There must be something to it, people have been smoking cigars for a long , long time.

Its kinda a relaxng hobby, and the flavor and smells improve with your knowledge about the cigars. Cheap ones stink, but the better made ones have a really pleasant smell imo. Like Mikey is saying its kinda a chill out slow the world down, stop and enjoy something that hits all the senses at the same time kind of experience. Pair it with a burbon and you can mix in another similar hobby type thing that also hits all those markers.

I may have 2-3 a week recently, but mostly its more like one a week. I smoke outside on my deck and most of the time i have a beer or a whiskey (scotch or bourbon) with it and i just sit out there and absorb the breeze and decompress.

I think its probably just a high priced vet, who is coming off injury, i think they will look to get cheaper and younger at the position. I think Sitton has gas left in the tank, but he isnt the right fit for the new staff.

February 25, 2019 at 7:48 pm

—————————————-
    Id really like to i have been to a few events and you can get some really great deals at them sometimes but that ones a little far away for me to be able to go to. Maybe i can get some of the shit i have going on around here wrapped up and find myself in a better position to take a trip in a year or two, just doesnt look good for me right now.

Yeah, it would be a hike for you. I’m going with a couple of cool people I don’t get to see often. One friend lives on my block, but he works 3 jobs and hardly ever is around, and the other one is wife’s cousin, who goes away with our group in the summer. Very nice, down to earth people.

D – I probably smoke a cigar no more frequently than once every couple of weeks or even longer in between. I really shouldn’t smoke them often, it’s bad for my blood pressure.

Like i said, its more of a hobby than anything so you enjoy it in the manner thats enjoyable to you. I dont think i could afford to smoke more often than i do right now lol, especially considering i like quality cigars.

Also im a research junkie and when it comes to the cancer caused by cigars, its a very low chance, almost negligible. Like anything it increases the risk because you are bringing a carcinogen in contact with your body, but even sunlight qualifies in that manner. Ultimately no studies have found that a 1-2 cigar a day smoker has any significant elevation risk and anything below that is almost nil. I dont inhale cigar smoke, i dont think i could if i wanted to, its a heavy smoke and its not filtered, but people who smoke anything, weed included are at risk and the risk is increased by how often its done and how much tissue the carcinogens come in contact with (ie is it inhaled or just kept in the mouth).

123. BailBondMike says:

I hear Bill Clinton is introducing a new flavored cigar and will be at the fest signing autographs.

LMAO @ D

Coming to your phone in 2019, two new emoji’s that the world has been dying for….. Teenis emoji, aka tiny penis emoji which is a thumb and index finger held about an inch apart, and “Period” emoji, wich is a droplet of menstrual blood. Yay millennial culture lol.

ocalarob says:
    In 2 weeks the new league year starts, March 13 at 4 pm
    ———————–
    I know a lot of you guys will be zeroed in on the combine, but that is what am waiting for as far as the team. Want to see who we keep and who we don’t and who we bring in. Not only are we in to the Flores era as to scheme and such, but also a key Q is exactly how much are we rebuilding.

The cuts and possible trades will be the first part of those answers.

The house cleaning will answer quite a bit. I believe it’s coming and only the young will survive.

Yeah Tim — I think we could be going total rebuild, which is sorta weird cause think we have a solid base for the team….. but maybe not good enough of a one to be a true competitor.

February 26, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Is there going to be a penis tuck emoji, for those who still want to keep it, but aren’t sure what they want to be yet?
    —————————————–
    We have a guy at work that qualifies. He is married (to a woman), considers himself hetero but is doing the hormone transition, talks with a feminine voice and only responds if you used female identifiers. Has really long hair and moobs (probably from the hormones), and now only wears female jeans and shirts. He is operating inside the workplace handbook’s guidelines and not pushing the line too hard though. I should ask him what emoji he feels he best identifies with lol.

LMAO – Yeah ask him/her/they/he/she and let me know

Apparently Transgender’s use the lobster emoji. I looked it up and apparently it was chosen for two reasons. First, was the fact that Unicode who released the emoji’s went with Lobster which was considered by a bunch of people to be a pointless addition, over a transgender flag emoji, which they had been petitioned to create. 2) Lobsters have can actually be gynandromorphic which means they can have both sexes represented in the same body divided on the axial into one side that is female and one thats male. Incidentally the coolest part of this search that turned up waas what gynandromorphic was and seeing it represented in animals. I had no idea this was a thing until now.

Mike, Todd Frazier and Jed Lowrie already battling injuries. SMH

I don’t care about Todd Frazier, but it’s disappointing that Lowrie is hurt. We have so much infield depth though, that no one injury should make a difference. This is what happens when you sign a bunch of old players

It seems like we have 10 different guys for the infield

1B – Smith, Alonso, Frazier, J.d. Davis
        2B – Cano, Lowrie, McNeil, T.J. Rivera, Guillorme
        SS – Rosario, Lowrie, Guillorme
        3B – Frazier, Lowrie, J.D. Davis

Plus they have Adeiny Hechavarria on a minor league deal

True but it’s unreal how no matter who we bring in they get hurt. It’s friggin baseball. The issue I have it’s still February and the injuries are already starting.

Stanger, we have some good young talent that will be part of the rebuild. But I think anyone on high contracts not part of the plan moving forward will be moved.

As said before, Reshad is the one am watching. If he goes, people will not be happy with the wins and losses next year no matter how much they embrace the rebuild concept now.

Jones is a tough trade with his contract. It would have to be a team that feels he would help put their defense over the top as they make a run. An outright cut would be $23+M in dead cap. That’s a lot of cash to eat for someone no longer on the team.

Yeah, like the Rams. Put Reshad back there in that secondary, and they’re much better. Give us a 3rd, and you can have Quinn back too. lol

Maybe the Chiefs.

Tim — most of Jones cut money is cause of guaranteed money. Never said he would get cut and if traded the cap hit is not all that bad if the next team pays on his contract.

Tim – It’s that “win now” mentality, bringing in older players. I wanted the Mets to do what it looks the Dolphins are doing. Trade deGrom, Syndergaard and build a dynasty. Don’t be shocked if we don’t sign either of those to long term contracts.

Also, I’d rather these guys get their injuries now than later, but we both know it will be all season long, one then another.

They’ll probably collide with each other horsing around at practice and both end up needing season ending surgery anyway. LOL

Tim – Yeah, the Chiefs make sense too. They desperately need defensive talent in that secondary, especially a physical playmaker like Reshad

Stanger, I was just saying Jones is not an easy trade or release. Not that you said it.

They for sure won’t cut him at least. Question on the trade would be if willing to take on his salary. If they do, which would be part of the trade, then not much of a cap hit. Whether another team wants him at $13 mil…..that a different topic, which might make him hard to trade for sure. Just turned in that direction cause you went cut and dead cap hit.

Colts and Browns might be in play for Jones, id include the Jets as well, but they have two young safeties and id hope to hell we wouldn’t be dumb enough to trade to an AFC East team.

We take a huge hit though with a Jones trade, i dont expect it to happen.

Next year may be a different story though.

We have a bigger cap hit trading him. NM i was looking at dead cap for a cut, we save 5mil trading him, but problem will be finding the team to do the trade. The ones i listed above, have the cap space for it.

I don’t see the Jets because like you said with their young safeties. How is it a bigger cap hit trading him? What are the differences between trading or releasing him?

For those that love Reshad and hate when I say trade him, if we’re going to be 4-12 with him, I’d be happier if we were 4-12 w/o him and had a 3rd RD pick to fill a void with, maybe an OG, or maybe even a QB

As for Cigars my old neighbor who passed a long time ago use to have a saying for people who smoked cigars, he told them;
    if they could do a hand stand it would look like they were taking a shit!

I never smoke fat cigars so I don’t fit that picture

The Double Toro’s are HUGE, Ive smoked a few but the bigger cigar i like the most is a kuba kuba, its 54 ring, so its pretty big. The Churchills just are so friggin long its ridiculous. They are usually 7X50ish. The Kuba Kuba’s are like 5X54, fatter but more manageable. Still i may smoke one of those every 6 months. Im usually smoking the Blondies which are 4X38

Anyone know the difference in cap hit/dead cap trading Jones vs. releasing him?

I don’t think the cap will be a big issue this year, next year we are scheduled to have 90+ mil in cap space and 2 drafts going into 2020 season

Pigs – Besides Danny Shelton, who NE traded for, none of their DL were 1st RD picks

They generally select OL and Dl in the first rounds though, when they have one an dont trade out.

2018 Isaiah Wynn OT
      2017 No first
      2016 No first
      2015 Malcom Brown DT (which i do think he is still on their team)
      2014 Dominque Easly DT
      2013 No first
      2012 Chandler Jones DE
      2011 Nate Solder OT

Looks like if ya go much deeper you find a patter of a few years where DB’s were their top selection and they select DB’s high in most drafts, like day 1 or 2 picks.

Malcom Brown was a 1st.

Malcom Brown #32. LOL

OK, didn’t realize Malcolm Brown was a 1st RD pick

This year’s draft is loaded with Edge and DT so it’s very possible we go that way because rebuilding the lines is going to be a priority. I’d say only QB or maybe OL would be the other positions.

I would not be disappointed if they didn’t take a QB this year.

I would. Even if we draft a QB in RD 1 next year, we still need young talent at the position.

I think they will but it may not be early. Maybe they target a guy who has the prototype size and skill as well as leadership qualities but needs to polish up his game. A developmental guy without a lot of physical limitations.

I would not be surprised if we roll with Rudock, Falk, a mid-tier FA and a mid rd rookie. See if there is anything there and keep looking.

Tim – Who’s available like that?

No idea but Grier, Allen and McKenzie all know of QBs “like that” that they liked in recent drafts. Bring in another one.

There is some stuff out there of Caldwell talking highly about Rudock. He might get a real shot during this rebuild if we don’t go QB early in the draft. Rudock is considerd smart and he’s got some mobility. He might be a good under the radar type QB to get the offense going in this first season and then see what he is and isn’t. This is his 4th season so he’ll be more experienced than Falk or a rookie.

I’m not trying to prop him up like he’ll be something special or anything. I have no idea, maybe he doesn’t even make the team. But he might be more than we think within the situation we’re in during a rebuild. We don’t expect to win much so having a guy who is at least smart and can run the offense in a serviceable way is valuable too.

This is the kind of misinformation. Grier has only held a powerful position for 3 years. In that time we drafted two OL, Tunsil and Asiata. You can’t criticize him for being part of the scouting dept. in prior years for the bad OL picks. What we skip everyone at the top and go straight to him now? Kind of like giving Jeff Ireland all the credit for the Saints drafts and not the actual GM. LOL

Nearly a year ago to the day, Saquon Barkley had his Combine weigh-in. When he weighed-in at 233, Omar decided to publicly call Saquon out, saying that the weight he had put on was all “water weight”.

Saquon then publicly called Omar out, after hearing the obnoxious claim. Saquon then went on to win the NFL Rookie of the Year award.

Omar is a public embarrassment anymore, and ya can’t tell him $#!t about anything: he already knows it all. SMH

Lord knows I don’t outright despise Omar, being he’s the one who brought us all together on the Sun-Sentinel. In fact, I’ve very fond memories of those days, with Omar being our ‘Mob Boss’. I’d even buy him the first few rounds of beer if we were to meet up. I actually miss the old Omar.

But truth be told, I feel he’s become unhinged. Twitter was the first stage, his very close friendship with Miko Grimes was the second stage, and then Peter King gave him props for his story on Brandon Marshall. He’s only gone downhill since then, IMO.

Half of his opinions are racially based, the other half is just outright foolishness. I think he’s lost without ‘The Mob’, but he’s outgrown us, I suppose. SMH

————–
    Our guy, ER!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

• ElephantRider says:

Hope he stays healthy and gets a shot to get back in the league.

Thanks for sharing M. I might try and watch some of his games.

Tim, Naples, all…

Here’s a song I heard today that is very good, yet I cannot stand (nor the video!). Yet, it ALWAYS gets stuck in my head! LOL

Was never a big fan of Prince. LOL

I respect who he was and how he touched millions. His music specifically this song is very tinny. He’s a very good guitarist, but this entire tune was done through the board and not with amps and ambience, I don’t even hear a bass. Not a fan.

Prince is very much a 50-50 hit to me. I think some of his songs are very good, the others, not so much. This one gets on my nerves, as catchy as it is! LOL

152. naplesfan2010 says:

Trypod et al.

I am NOT a fan of Free Bird or much of anything that group did.
    I was just using that song as an example of how drastic I must go to get any other song out of my head.

Like I don’t drink peroxide, but it does kill germs.

153. bailbondmike says:

Was very busy and didn’t get to post about cigars. I don’t smoke them but for a brief 6 months in my life. I went on a UNITAS deployment with 1ST Battalion, 6TH Marines. It was a training cruise around South America. Our first stop was Columbia. I bought 3 boxes of Cuban cigars to bring back to my friends. I had a big lock box to keep my narcotics in that customs was not allowed to open so was going to smuggle them back that way. Well, once we transiting the Panama Canal I noticed everyone going to the smoke deck after evening chow to smoke a cigars and watch the sun set. I decided to join in and found it so relaxing. Anyway, I ended up with only 2 cigars left by end of the deployment. Lol I don’t think I have smoked one since (2001). Don’t know why cause it was relaxing and enjoyable. Maybe I will have one at my very 1st fest if/when I ever make it to one.

NEW BLOG UP!!

155. Atemplin21 says:

It will be interesting to see if Fitzpatrick or Rosen gets the start. Hopefully Rosen can turn heads and become our franchise guy. Nice post, I would appreciate if you can follow and check my content to. Thanks!