Ravens thrash Dolphins for most lopsided regular season loss in team history

The score tells the story, the stats tell the story, but eyeballing that garbage really told the story. There was hardly anything to hang your hat on from Sunday’s game. The Ravens played another game of “Who’s Your Daddy” and just knocked our dicks in the dirt for 60 minutes. TE Mark Andrews was targeted 8 times, how many catches do you think he had? Yup, 8. So much for our LB’s and safeties being better in coverage. I said Eric Rowe was going to have a tough time being targeted often and oh bot did that rear its ugly head. WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown torched us for 4 catches for 147 yards and 2 TD’s. Rowe looked woefully inadequate and the scary part is we probably don’t have anyone on the roster better.

OK, let me get this out of the way immediately. This is NOT tanking. Yes, we have set ourselves up for success for next season and beyond by acquiring a substantial amount of draft capital, but the plan is not to lose as many games as possible. The truth is, we’re just not good, especially against a well coached Ravens team. Harbaugh always has his team prepared, and the gap between Harbaugh and Flores at this juncture is significant. John Harbaugh is in his 12th year as Ravens coach, their system is in and has been in for a long time. Sure, they evolve with the different players, especially QB Lamar Jackson, but they have a way of doing things that has been done now for over 11 years. That makes a difference.

The game started with RB Mark Ingram ripping off a 49 yard run in where he was chased down by Xavien Howard from behind, and untouched until Howard finally caught him. Those of us that thought the run defense would be better were rudely shown otherwise. The Ravens went 89 yards in 4:26 and made it look exceedingly easy doing so. That surely set the tone for what was to come. Dominance in every facet of the game over our unprepared Dolphins. At this stage of my life, for my sanity and other health concerns, I have to turn the game off and look for other things that don’t raise my blood pressure 50 points and don’t have me feeling like I want to kick my neighbors dog. I don’t remember exactly what point of the game I turned it off, but I turned it back on and saw Josh Rosen in at QB. Fitzgerald wasn’t hurt, so why put Rosen in this shitstorm? Poor decision by the rookie HC. Not a good situation to get any kind of fair evaluation there so why bother?

I’m not hating on Coach Flo, this was his first game against a better team and much more established Head Coach in his 12th year with the same team. It showed every bit of that disparity. So what happens from here? We face the New England Patriots next week in Foxborough. The Patriots beat a much better team than us handily, crushing the Pittsburgh Steelers 33-3. Now every week is different, we’ve that time and time again, so anything can happen. I would assume our players have pride so after a beating like yesterday, they will want to come out and play much better football, and it’s going to take that and more to beat the Patriots in New England, where they rarely lose. To expect the Dolphins to upset the Patriots would take a Miami Miracle. Can that happen two years in a row?

GO DOLPHINS!!

#staythecourse

1,557 Responses to Ravens thrash Dolphins for most lopsided regular season loss in team history

At this point I’m kind of with Mike about Fitzpatrick. He has his moments, but his heart doesn’t seem to be in it. And his tackling sucks. No second year player who has not lit up up the league should be asking for a trade regardless of how bad the team they are on is. But he is a young guy who should be coachable.

2. dloxahatchee says:

Speaking of going to the movies

Rob Zombies three from hell
    Will be in theaters for three days
    Next Monday Tuesday Wednesday

3. dloxahatchee says:

If Minkah wants out, see ya
    Need guys who are going to buy in, if the kid is showing this in year two it kinda tells you what he’s all about

4. dloxahatchee says:

I’d be lying if I said this whole thing doesn’t have me a bit nervous, blow it up has a lot of potential to go sideways and really set you back
    That said I’ve had enough 8/8
    This team needed a reset, to many hands in the pot over the last few years
    Win now can also go sideways and really set you back

Have to let this process play out the next couple of seasons and fill a roster of guys that want to be here, team first

Go Phins

As mediocre (bad) as this team has been for the last almost 20 years, I don’t see how anything they do could get more sideways than it has been. And I agree, if Minkah wants out because they are losing, let him out. As long as they get at least a first in trade.

Knowing Ross’s past, he might trade Minkah for a 4th round pick (see Ajayi). Of course the Dolphins could have done the right thing by building up from an 8-8 record to contender status via good trades and an increased number of good draft selections. Some teams who almost always pick later in the draft (Patriots) have a knack for doing this. But not Ross’s boys.

• ocalarob says:

i disagree, the pats always have great draft position, they are always acquiring extra early picks, just last year they had 5 picks in the top 100.
        i think Miami is now doing the same, trading back for future consideration.

• ocalarob says:

i think Minkah wants out due to his position not because they lost one game. it was mentioned in pre season, remember Minkahs mom got into it with Omar.

wow Miami + 18.5 pts, my wallet says i’d have to take fins and the points!

You better have a long talk with your wallet

• ocalarob says:

well my heart would take miami straight up,. . my wallet is more conservative.

a divisional game which are always tough, miami just got beat down, coaches and players are pissed, a lot of adjusting this week after watching the ravens tape, not to mention flores knows the pats, i think it will be closer than expected and miami will cover that huge spread.

Weather might be a big issue in the Pats @ Fins game. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have to change the kickoff time. Keep your eyes on “Humberto.”

WTF happened with Minkah? As most of you know, I have never been a huge fan of his. From everything I’ve seen of him here, he’s waaaay overrated, especially by the likes of you people here. lol

This is extremely disappointing

Rob – I also like Wilson and Grant, but I hated that fair catch muff. That’s inexcusable

I’m on the overrating band for Minkah. He’s very talented and has done a pretty good job or playing Swiss Army knife as a very young player. He did a great job last year. It would be sad to lose another building block but being unable or unwilling to do what’s needed is unacceptable. You can’t have it in your locker room.

You don’t build in the draft by getting rid of your young 1st rounders though. If your young players aren’t learning, then maybe you suck at teaching. If you aren’t using your best players in the best situations, then you aren’t going to win. This is a talent based league. The Pats are loaded with talent, especially at coach. It’s early but Flores is right. He didn’t get his team ready to play Game 1.

What I don’t really understand is why a player who made his hay by being a versatile player who played multiple positions for Saban at Alabama would scoff at being asked to do the same in the NFL. I’m not sure what it is that he really wants. It doesn’t seem like he’s an elite player at any one position he played, he was good at best last year, not great.

• New Age says:

He’s said multiple times since he arrived that he wanted to focus on one position. To be the best he can at one position and many players not only want that but succeed at it. Maybe he’s not elite because he’s had to play so many different positions? Maybe he just isn’t good enough to do that but then that makes Grier look like a terrible drafter. I’m not sure either way but he feels like another Jason Allen at this point, which ended up being a wasted 1st.

It’s so early in the process that it’s hard to see specific problems in the forest of bad. As Tim always say, this year is a wash so hard to know. Minkah will have to deal with his quitter mentality no matter where he goes though. Nothing in this situation is a positive for both sides.

New Age – I just bristle when a young player who hasn’t done jack shit makes demands. You think Don Shula would allow that?

• New Age says:

Nope. He’d be gone and that’s the best thing in this situation. It just feels like a horrible waste.

No question. It’s a killer! I wanted Tremaine Edmunds so bad, imagine if we had him instead of Minkah?

• New Age says:

I try not to think about it…./cry

Mike, Minkah was a great pick. Shit hasn’t turned out right, and this scheme change is something that has made him rethink his place there. I don’t like him not giving it a chance and bailing out but this is his career. I mean ya gotta understand it yourself looking to change jobs because you are unsatisfied with the current one.

Well we got our answer I guess

D – You can’t compare our careers to theirs. They know when they get drafted they can go to any team, winner or loser. Usually if you’re a top talent more than likely you’re going to a team that failed the season before. He needs to adjust and make himself the best player he can be wherever they put him. If his attitude goes above the team, that’s on him, and he’s wrong. Unless you think Flores has no idea what he’s doing and is an ass, I don’t see Minkah’s side of this at all. Should Gesicki say “stop asking me to block, I’m a receiver”? Where does it end? Sounds like you want the NBA for the NFL

• New Age says:

In many ways, i think Minkah is right though. How many players have to learn 6 positions? It has to be confusing and wouldn’t that slow down your reflexes? I just can’t see how Bobby McCain is the best safety on our team. Especially after we got blasted in the passing game. By playing time, he’s the best safety on our team.

Our most experienced unit is the defense. They also looked horrendous. Is Matt Burke hiding in the background with another name for defensive incompetence? Multiple Front is the name here! Sounds good, plays bad.

Jake Scott stood up to Shula and all the veterans. He didnt take snot from anyone.

Minkah isn’t the player the current and past coaches thought he was, because he hasn’t been able to come in and play at a pro bowl level at FS, NCB, and CB. With that said we should re-evaluate him and stick him at FS and see what happens.

The Fins want a 1st for him, but rumor has it that no one will pay that, so I don’t expect he’ll be traded.

We can say we should’ve drafted this guy or that guy, but our coaches would’ve put him at a position that wasn’t right and we’d be saying the same thing about him. Not sure what the problem is in Miami that we can seem to do anything right. Must be in the water.😉

• New Age says:

Steve, by playing time, Bobby McCain is our best safety. Does that sound right to you? I still can’t believe we put a terrible LT at RT, put our offseason RT at LT, and used a newly picked up guy as our RG for game 1. Let’s play musical chairs on the OL on gameday and make sure that we put in the young QB to get destroyed while we are at it.

I don’t have a problem with the OL moves, they’ve got to try something.

The only real problem I see is mutiny, if the coaches can get the players to but into what they’re trying to do, then we’re fine, if not it could get real ugly.

I’m talking about the big picture, not the shit play that’s happening on the field.

to minkahs defense he’s 205lbs and has been asked to play lber. he’s not heavy enough to play that position

New Age – 6 positions? He played outside at corner (below average), he played slot corner and was very good. He played free safety and strong safety. How do you get 6? Also, many corners understand they may have to move inside or out, so it’s really one position. You can almost say the same for safety, because some teams just play 2 safeties with no strong or free designation

One more thing, we’ve played one game. ONE!!! Maybe he could be a little more patient and see how things shake out? They’re trying to determine where everyone fits best, so you start bitching after game 1? That’s bullshit

minkahs could hurt us in other ways as well. if this team truly has tanking for Tua on their radar minkahs has ties to Alabama and Tua could possibly pull an elway or manning move and block us devaluing the

I think Minkah’s problem isn’t where he’s playing, but how many snaps he’s playing.

#1pick

Minkah is worth at least that. Maybe two of them…… and if not two then some serious other change as well.

• ocalarob says:

minkah played well last year. however there were a couple of dba who out played him taken later in the draft.
        I would think miami may consider parting ways with nothing less than a 2nd rnder. no way he fetches two #1s

Might depend on the team. If a real good one not so much difference btwn their first and say a Cardinals 2nd. He was drafted #11 and he played quite well.

That’s the thing. There is no reason to trade a first rounder you just took a year ago for anything less than what you paid. If you trade Minkah for a first – it should be top 10

If it’s not it should be a first and a second first

We don’t have reason to trade him for less than we paid. He’s lived up to his draft position.

No team is going to give up a top 10 pick in 2020 for him
        No team is going to give up 2 firsts rounders

I kind of think we are stuck with him and I’m happy about that

A round top 10 pick is pretty unreadable unless they are a bust or you find yourself in the situation AZ was in with Rosen last year

Minkah’s been a Dolphin for 17 games…… he’s played S, boundary CB and now slot CB. And in this new D who knows what anyone back there does except for the FS (not saying that bad, but might not be what he wants).

I’m expecting a huge upset on Sunday. after all Brady is 7-10 against at miami.
    the football gods are on our side

25. twicethethe says:

For whatever its worth, Antonio Brown cleared for game Sunday (was not put on the NFL exempt list).

Minkah’s mouth devalues the pick we get back. He should just zip it and play better than anyone else on this defense, WHEREVER they ask him to play and then things will take care of themselves.

But he really doesn’t Mike

It just makes teams think they can get him for less

But for our FO, they shouldn’t bite
      Even if he doesn’t do what the coaches ask, they shouldn’t take less for him.

If some one wants Minkah now. They better be willing to pay a big 💰. Bc some one will want him in April too and the value will go up at the draft

If we find ourselves in a public spat with him – so be it. Let’s not give him away bc we don’t want to deal with that. Draft picks and valuable players are more valuable than PR or annoying press

The team just has to tune out the naysayers and do what’s right for the future

I hope they bury this fire and Minkah is a part of sour future – plenty of good teams have overcome lockerroom near mutinies without a mutiny

Remember how close the Giants were to firing coughlin before they won that super bowl.

Tension happens between professionals. This may be nothing. Let’s not throw our high picks away.

Piggy – I agree 100%. We don’t take any less than what we gave up to get him. Gotta tell ya, I fucking hate him now. This pisses me off.

See my reply above

I agree with you that he should pipe down

But we’ve seen tension in the nfl before – this night blow over

I told ya we shoulda drafted Derwin James, dammit! Current injury situation aside, that kid is a baller.

I seriously doubt anybody is giving us a 1st rounder for Minkah. That would shock me.

I have never liked Alabama DBs…

I don’t think Minkah is as good as some here do, but I do think he is a good….or will be….a good player. I don’t trade him unless I have to for good value. But, I would be curious to know just why he wants out. If it is simply because he thinks the team sucks and doesn’t want to be a part of that, then get rid of him. That kind of attitude is infectious and toxic. No matter how good the player is, that sorta shit can bring down the whole team if allowed to fester.

MikeE,
    Hey, these millennials think they are entitled to get whatever they want because they are all special. Nothing they do surprises me.

Am I the only one thinking that the NFL is going the way of the NBA? Minkah learned from Bell and Brown. And yeah guess if you become enough of a problem you will get traded… no matter how long your contract is.

RIP Eddie Money

RIP Eddie – Hope you have at least one ticket to paradise

————-
    Has to be Reshad.

We certainly have this feel in 2019…

I have to say, the Fest game is still 4 weeks away, but man, I’m feeling the game will be the least important part of the experience at this point and that’s a shame.

Stanger,

Here’s another classic line from “Major League”. And I MUST say, Rene Russo looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

So it’s true that Minkah has requested a trade. That’s a shame, I still think he has a high upside.

As a player, NO doubt! However, if he’s going to gripe and complain like this — in only his second year — perhaps it’s time to jettison him. It’s just a shame to me, Tim.

As I said months ago, this multiple game plan is gonna take a lot of time for players to learn and then get comfortable playing. It will be a frustrating process because it’s gonna be ugly before it gets pretty. Some players can handle looking like crap during the learning process. Some will just get frustrated and give up or whine about it. A team player fights through it and works to get better. A selfish, me-first player whines about it and wants out.

I’ve been preparing for 0-16 to 2-14, truly. However, it absolutely KILLS me to see an outflux of our young talent. Seems Minkah may be next.

I can’t imagine we’re going to get what we need in a trade, especially at this point. He’s going to have to cope with this, and try to be a great player. Grier shouldn’t accept anything less than an early 1st RD pick, and at this point of the season, how do you know that’s what you’re getting?

We have him this year, and up to three more years on a rookie contract, then if we want, up to two years of franchise tags. I’d tell him, go ahead and seek a trade, but we’re not accepting less than a 1st and a 2nd, which nobody will do. So you’re here for at least the next 3+ years which is when you’re going to shape your NFL career. Suck it up buttercup!

D&B’s set for night before the Fest. Same place, same time (6-10) and same food. Ground Hog’s Day is pretty cool.

“According to Fowler, representatives for Taylor and Brown were in discussions for months and agreed to keep their communication confidential until Taylor’s civil sexual assault lawsuit was filed. Sources told Fowler that the Patriots and Raiders, who released Brown last week, would not have known about it unless someone breached their decision to remain quiet.”

Piggy,

Why would lawyers representing the accuser agree to keep it quiet “until Taylor’s civil sexual lawsuit was filed”?

Is that statement just written poorly, and both sides were potentially working on a deal so a lawsuit wasn’t filed at all?

That’s strange… for I’ve heard reports that the Patsies* HAVE KNOWN about this for some time. I’ll try to find a link or two to confirm as much.

Everything I’ve read says they didn’t know, but I don’t really care, and I don’t think it would have changed their signing of him. They have little risk in this other than their reputation which is already pure garbage unless you’re a Pets fan anyway, lol.

Not the Pig — but a possible is to keep the money flowing until Brown landed where he wanted to be. The plaintiff’s money comes from his contract.

He’s got money even without the Pets contract (and it says they were working on it for months, so he had the Raiders contract t the time). IDK, it just seems weird unless it was to work on a deal to stop the suite.

I cannot find a link… at least I’m honest. I may have heard speculation that the Patsies* HAD to have known, prior to signing AB. This is VERY un-Belicheat* to NOT have known.

Well if it was being negotiated between the two parties’ lawyers, and nothing had been filed, it makes sense no one knew. I just don’t get what the accuser has to gain by keeping it clandestine unless there was a potential deal.

Not that anyone really cares, but I feel like sharing. That 2nd job interview I went on a week or so ago turned out to be a good one. I was offered the job 2 nights ago, I told the gentleman who interviewed me that I would like to meet the Doctor who is head of the entire practice before I make up my mind, but it’s likely a go. I’m meeting with him Monday evening. Seems like a really good fit. I’m excited and really nervous too, especially being in my current job for the last 17+ years.

Kong – Maybe they were working on a payoff with an NDA, but she decided she wanted people to know what he did.

That’s probably it. I think I’m just over-focusing on the semantics of the statement. The way it was written makes it seem like the suit was getting filed regardless.

Mike E,

There’s NOTHING to be nervous about! Congrats and kudos on your new job!

The only thing you’re nervous about is the unknown… yet, you qualified! I’d be willing to bet you’ll fit right on in, in a matter of DAYS, not weeks. Plus, you’re a very personable cat, cat! You’ll be fine.

Again, CONGRATS!

Doc: “Love the rattle, nice touch. So should i call you Mike or Minkah?”

September 13, 2019 at 4:05 pm
    Thanks Kong! I’m really hoping it’s what I want, I won’t know until I dive into it.
    _________________________________________

Whatever you do don’t meet him in a pool hall!

I am still stuck on the whole civil lawsuit. Why not criminal? Why would she not press charges with the police? Why, after being “raped” by him once would she continue to work closely with him for months and put herself in a position to be raped not once again but twice again? It just doesn’t make any kind of sense.

normal people would not keep working closely on a personal level (as a personal trainer?) after they had been raped.

Congrats Mike E: when ya meet the Doctor , hopefully he doesn’t ask ya to Cough..

Way to go Mike E. And excuse me for not knowing, but is this the same place where you were over dressed?

No, they were tenacious trying to hire me. It was Warby Parker. They fought until the end. I just can’t work on Sundays, but they were willing to give me just one Sunday a month. For me, 1 Sunday a month is 1 Sunday too many!

Sounds like you are a top FA. And I get the schedule. Best thing ever happened in my young life was moving from a place where you had to work 4 lunches a day to one where only one was required. Same money too.

• manitobafinfan says:

were the four lunches a day at least 4 martini lunches a day ??

LOL — my bad. A week. And wish they were drinking lunches….. but that’s the problem. Entrees are half price and no one drinks (so checks are shiot). Plus 20-year-old me liked to close out bars and not have to be into work at 10 AM the next day. 🙂

Stanger Thanks again for the D&B Experience this year.. 1 month to Fest Game day..

My pleasure — and with that my Fest planning is done.

Toba bus, Tunes with the Dog, Son bringing the guitar and tent for the tailgate not my department.

• manitobafinfan says:

May try a different Bus company and see about delaying our departure so we don’t seem to be as rushed out if everyone is in agreement..

Guess you’ve never seen what happens after you leave. Wait a while. Not just cause the company is good, but just for the traffic to die out. It’s a wait an hour and then the ride is 30 or 40 minutes less than if you’d left then situation. Same time for folks like Son or Naples getting on the road soon as possible would be more important.

• manitobafinfan says:

yeah i’ll check with all a bit closer and see what the general consensus is..

Congrat’s mike E
    Give-em hell!
    Or new glasses? 😉

Congrats on the possible new job Mike

Thanks SB – Unless he’s a psycho, I’m pretty sure I’m taking the job. I won’t be dealing with the doc much at all, but he does own the practice, so I thought it would be good that I met him before I take it.

I’ll have the guitar and the tent
    And we’ll be on the Toba bus too

Congrats Mike

Do they make you wear pants?

I have a Casio electric keyboard if anyone can play I’ll bring it

Where are you guys staying this year?

Way to go Mikey👏!

Congratulations Mike

They’re lucky to have you

Good news for Mike, bittersweet news for me. We were awarded a new contract in Montana so I will not be at the tryst this year. Leaving for MT next Friday for six weeks, home for a couple, then back out for another 6 weeks.

Maybe Jesse Davis can corner Minkah in the locker room and explain what he said to Joe Schad to him

Congrats MikeE, if you take the job. Make sure you shake the doc’s correct hand. Lol

Davis’ comments seem to, at least, confirm that there is bitching going on. Good comments.

Congrats Mikah!

Not sure why it is, but at least over the last decade and a half, the Cowboys are one of our best trade partners. Them, along with the Eagles.

77. ElephantRider says:

Congrats Mike E!

This new job better not interfere with your articles!

Dear Eddie Money, don’t be shakin’ for God comes to take you home tonight. He cashes in one of the two tickets to paradise, and will walk on water with you there.

Congrats Mike!

It’s Friday isn’t it??????

Way to go Phelon, congratulations
    Too bad it wasn’t Lake Mary though

Wyoming,
    I had the Paradise Theater etched album back in the early 80s. I was about 15, probably. I owned very few albums of my own. I can remember pulling that thing out of the sleeve and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. Lol

Oh did someone say it’s Friday?

Uh oh Steve is gonna be upset 🤡.

Just BB steve

Pretty sure I have about 15 Styx albums downstairs.. I have acquired a couple of people’s collections so I tend to end up with dupli and triplicate copies of some

Crystal Ball probably my fave , which I believe has Suite madam Blue on it .. great song

Worth it just for the MTV factor before there was MTV

Nice tribute to Eddie, ORob. So sad, RIP Eddie.

RIP Eddie Money

• TryPod says:

I just discovered that song in the last year- it is by far my favorite Gabriel song.. and that includes his Genesis songs.

I really enjoy a lot of his early solo stuff.

Hard to rival early Genesis. So much great stuff. If you haven’t, check out their live album Seconds Out which has some Gabriel and Collins doing the vocals. That’s classic Genesis. I learned how to become a better musician and guitarist playing along and doing my own improv over this album. I burned it out. LOL

• TryPod says:

I hear you Tim, and you and I have talked over the course of the years about different prog groups, so I am a fan of early Genesis.. but that Gabriel song is awesome and actually talks about his desicion to leave Genesis. I also like King Crimson…

So if we trade Minkah and that bums me the fuck out, how does the secondary play out?

How about Fitzpatrick to the Cowboys for a 2nd rnd pick and Taco Charlton?

Try, good stuff! I have friends who are huge Crimson fans. I dig them too, but they’re mega type fans. I’m a huge Bill Bruford fan so I always find out what he’s doing. He retired from music and is looking to teach or something. Did I ever ask you to check out Bruford’s solo album ‘One of a Kind’?

If not… do it, it’s one of my “lost on an island” prospects. LOL

Get a taste.

Try,

My wife has had Fear Inoculum on a loop pretty much non-stop since 08/30. 13 years is a long time, lol.

there’s a lot of interest in minkah, will he fetch a first rnder?

I think they can get a 1st. But KC or Dallas would be a very late 1st. In which case they should ask for more.

Why would we take a late 1st RD pick for Minkah? Make it 2 late 1st RD picks and maybe we have a deal

• ocalarob says:

because we don’t want a player who doesn’t want to be here,

That’s no reason to hurt ourselves own team

I do t want a gm that downgrades picks – if you can’t get what you gave up for a 2nd year player, you are lowering the value of the assets this team gave you to work with and shouldn’t be the gm

Tank for Tua?

I read the article, no to Taco and a 2nd from Dallas for Minkah. Taco is a bust.

By the time Minkah is given away, besides Wilkins, our only first round selection still on the team will be get this:
    Devante Parker

We stock the league with talent it’s a shame we’re the NFL version of a farm team

I keep Minkah here until he learns to be a man, and not a whiny little shit. NFL prison baby!

pheloniusphish says:
    September 14, 2019 at 8:32 am
    That’s not even coherent..
    ————
    LOL, I have to wonder if the person who added the lyrics did it as a joke because they couldn’t understand it. Of course the song and lyrics themselves are ethereal and meant to be abstract and interpretive, It’s definitely not about bathubs and broken arms, lmao.

It’s actually an amazing piece of music. She uses over 250 tracks of strings (cello and violin) layered over one another in the song, and the ‘male’ chorus is her own voice pitched down and layered as well. Definitely not for everybody, but I think it’s amazing.

There are some funny ones out there for yellow ledbetter

LMFAO!! It’s a small world, bro. My daughter and I were talking about that exact song 2 days ago and she sent me this video.

To make it even better the first comment under the video is brilliant: “It doesn’t get Eddie Vedder than this. ”

The two teams needing safety right now is TB and Oakland. I think LAC might be interested in him too since weddle is out and is getting to that stage in his career where you want someone young to replace him with.

TB keeps him in State (family) and out of the division. They have some young guys we could look to trade including the guy who is injured. I liked him in the draft. Justin Evans. So maybe a pick and him, or a first.

D — the way I see it at this point any team that would be interested in Minkah knows they can put in a play for him. Odd thing about him versus say Jones is that he can be a key building block for the future. So getting him is not a short-term push over the top thing. So not just the contenders who could be interested.

Stang, I need the Pirates to do me a solid, and beat up on the Cubs today.

LOL — Bucs playing the Cubs and the new look Phins playing the Pats. It’s a great stretch in stang fandom world. We’ll try our best for you.

105. Capt. Stubbs says:

Congrats Mike!!
    I’ve looked all over for Miami’s outcome on last night’s game. After watching last Sundays’ game, they don’t deserve to play Saturday or Sunday, so i figured they would of moved them to “Friday Night Lights” to hopefully get 3 wins this season
    ugh that was a hard watch!
    Bye Minkah…….very disappointing!

Kornhieser on PTI is saying the league should step in and take miami’s 1st rnd draft picks because it seems they are purposely trying to lose.

Go Knights

7-0 UCF first qtr
    Swan from Stanford ejected for targeting

Make that 13-0 pending the extra point on the pick six

No he stepped out
    Ball on 3

Now it’s 14-0

UCF is the real deal folks

112. naplesfan2010 says:

UCF 38-17 in the 4th

113. naplesfan2010 says:

Dolphins sign Bryan Witzman.
    G/T 6’7 320
    UDFA
    Thank God.

We only have 2 OL left from last year – Davis and Kilgore.

I’m watching Oklahoma @ UCLA… I want to see Jalen Hurts for the first time this year.

Note: I used to LOVE watching UCLA when Mora Jr was the HC. It’s just not the same with Chip Kelly.

I heard Gary Danielson on the radio with Mike Francesa on Friday and he said the team/personnel Mora left Kelly doesn’t fit what Kelly does. They have more TE/H-backs and not the speed he covets. He has to turn the personnel over.

That makes sense. I hope UCLA can come back as a perennial powerhouse. I’m not a big fan of Chip Kelly, but we all know what he’s been able to accomplish at the NCAA level.

Coming into this evening’s game Jalen Hurts had 41 passing attempts vs 24 rushing attempts: 14.4 YPP (Yards Per Pass) and 9.3 YPR (Yards Per Rush).

I want to see him throw more, instead of just taking off running.

117. There is only one university worth watching imo, GO KNIGHTS! Son is right, this team should go undefeated

What a day, Knights Win, and I got some super results coming in from My new marketing program.
    Phones are lighting up and everyone is excited again. Which is good, that means I’ll still have a job next week, lol
    my partner bitched at Me about trivial marketing details, and I had to ask him for some trust and patience to see the results, marketing isn’t 5 minutes.
    I won’t have to ask that again, big pressure off of Me now.

It’s so tough to work for others, it’s been 16 years since I wasn’t the boss. But he should be backing off My ass next week , because I’m closing some self generated leads this weekend outside of the marketing program. They all add up 😎

In case anyone is wondering what I’m selling, nothing,
    I just let them buy, many thousands want to buy solar power and take their power bill to zero

I got to see a little bit of Tua Tagovailoa before he was relieved midway through the 4th quarter. Man… I’m NOT GOOD at evaluating southpaws.

I mean, he looks so good doing what he does, but every single throw (throwing motion) meddles with my mind. It just looks so strange to me… and I felt the same way about Michael Vick.

I’m going to have to find a way to reverse the screen to make him look like a right-handed passer.

What concerns me is he always has some of the best talent in the country around him. Can he lift a team because of his eliteness or is he just very good with top talent around him?

One thing about lefty QBs is you don’t have to invest in a top LT. Oh no I just let the tanking clue out of the bag. LOL

Put a mirror in front of the tv and then sit facing the mirror. All the plays will run the opposite way but it should work.

The freshman QB for UCF, Dillon Gabriel from Hawaii, is leftie and was throwing dimes all day today. He broke Tua and McKenzies high school records.

LOL at the mirror idea. I should be able to perform a reverse-neg with the computer when watching his gametape, though… just don’t know how to do it yet.

• Tua is different than what,we are used to seeing. he trips me out a little too
      Different does not mean failure or he isn’t as good

It’s all about performance, if the man performs, who care how he does it if it’s legit
      not everyone needs to be right handed to be successful, Steve Young never let it slow him down

Oh, I totally agree, David. I’m just sayin’ that it’s difficult for me to evaluate throwing-motions from a southpaw. It just looks crazy to me, who’s spent way too much time evaluating right-handers.

It should be easy (I think?), but not for me.

September 14, 2019 at 8:41 pm
    Maybe game situations?
    —————-
    Perhaps. I don’t know… that’s why I’m watching Hurts this evening, bud!

You should tune on in with me: the game’s on Fox. I’d like your input as we watch the same game. Where’s RGS? He and I used to constantly watch West Coast games on a Saturday night.

121. Btw, that half helmet image of Fitzpatrick is whack

I dont think I have ever seen such a bizarre looking image of a QB , other than the Sanchez butt fumble, lol

What is Fitz doing in that whack image?

Good poise in the pocket by Hurts, despite the holding call.

Without question, Hurts can run. But I want to evaluate him as a passer!

Nice pass over the middle to the TE by Hurts.

Hurts is certainly dynamic!

I have nothing against left-handed QBs. It’s about the prospect and is Tua so good because he’s always on the top 1 or 2 team in the country? He didn’t bring Alabama back against Clemson last year in the championship game, they got destroyed and did nothing in the 2nd half.

I, too, have NOTHING against left-handed QBs. I’m with ya, Tim.

What we’re looking for is tangible GROWTH out of Tua this year, after he failed to bring Alabama back in the championship game last year against Clemson.

I don’t care about a pretty stat line out of Tua (though it helps)… I want to see TANGIBLE growth.

I think we’re on the same page, man.

September 14, 2019 at 8:45 pm
    —————
    I hear this, and I understand what you’re sayin’. That’s why one can’t “box scout”. Gotta watch these players play (either live or game tape), and watch their fundamentals. And as you very well know, stats mean NOTHING in NCAA football.

Hurts definitely has poise in the pocket, but it’s difficult to ascertain how much awareness he has when UCLA’s pass-rush is WEAK. I mean, he doesn’t seem scared, and it’s no wonder why.

Great throw for the TD pass just a minute ago.

Put Hurts behind OUR O-Line, and I’ve no idea how he’d react. Good thing we’re just getting started in talent eval… it’s only the 3rd game for OU… I need to see how Hurts reacts under pressure.

M13, I’m not anti-Tua, I’m simply stating the kind of thing I’ve seen before about top “college” QB prospects. I’m not sold on any of them from 2018. Yes you have to give them time, but I don’t see elite in any of them yet. They all have some nice skills. But becoming an elite franchise QB is so much more than brilliant flashes and stats. Consistency in pressure games and big spots is what separates elite from okay.

^

I couldn’t agree more, my friend. That’s why I want to see how Hurts reacts under pressure, for one. There’s a LOT that goes into it all. 🙂

• I see some confusion on Minkah, stuff like, he doesn’t want to be here, etc

His problem isn’t that he doesn’t want to be here, he wants to play cornerback, not 4 positions

He weighs 205 pounds, that’s not big enough for strong safety or lb, and he’s frustrated that he got humiliated on TV playing at 4 different positions

Strangely enough no one asks Howard to play multiple positions including lb, both are cornerbacks and should play there

If Miami won’t allow Minkah to play cornerback, he should go to a team that doesn’t ask him to do anything but cornerback

Flores was hands down the worst coach in the NFL for game one, so bad that some players are noticing the lack of commitment from Flores , and Ross, and don’t like it

M13, I’m somewhat ambidextrous meaning I can do certain things equally well left/right but I’m right dominant – probably 70/30. I understand the left-handed awkwardness look you’re talking about. I experience it when batting or throwing lefty. It’s weird, as a righty batter I have more power and lefty I can spray the ball around better but still launch one once in awhile. Not that I’m doing this currently, talking about when I played. LOL

I’m pretty much the exact same as you (70-30) when it comes to being ambidextrous… most of us musicians have it to a varying/greater degree.

I’m just saying… when it comes to evaluating southpaw QBs, I’m not used to seeing the ball come out from from that side. Imagine seeing right-handed QBs x 1T times… it’s just a visual thing for me when it comes to evaluating a southpaw QB. It’s strictly a visual distraction for ME: it’s MY short-coming.

I’ll get it figured out, one way, one how!

131. Unless You can jerk off left handed, You are 100 percent right handed, lol

I read that on a hustler gum wrapper I think

David, a lot of what you said about Minkah is true. The way we’re using him is the same way the Pats used Patrick Chung. This philosophy and direction is still very new in Miami. It’s okay if Minkah isn’t into it and Flores sees things differently. It’s not right and wrong, it’s just different. T.J. McDonald is still a FA. Maybe our coaches do see something.

• Maybe the coaches saw the scoreboard?

I dont know what they see in Minkah at lb or SS
      that’s just stupid to put him there when he excels at cb , and sucks at those positions

If we did that to Howard, he would want out too

Howard has always been a corner and Minkah made his reputation at Alabama being versatile. Minkah was considered a top 10 maybe 5 prospect who fell to us at #11 because he could play every secondary position. That’s what he was known for. What has changed? Is the NFL competition too much for him?

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    September 14, 2019 at 9:30 pm
    I see some confusion on Minkah, stuff like, he doesn’t want to be here, etc

If Minkah has to play multiple positions and can’t, but excels at one, his career is being wasted in Miami and he should leave asap…
    ——————
    Know what Nick Saban and Bill Belicheat* have in common? Positional versatility.

Who was the Nick Saban drafted 1st round DB? JASON ALLEN. Hence, I call it, “Jason Allen Syndrome”: S-CB-S-CB-S-CB-S-CB-S ???

Welcome to Miami, Minkah Fitzpatrick… and his mother.

• Versatility is fine, if the player can handle it, Minkah cannot

this isnt the NCAA anymore, and he’s not on a great team like he once was

If Minkah can’t handle it [seems to me Jason Allen could (he NEVER griped about it), but couldn’t catch on], I think Minkah needs to either close his mouth or be traded.

I do NOT condone Minkah’s actions, bud.

The thing Minkah doesn’t like is playing in the box at LBer, he said he’s 205lbs, not heavy enough to play there.
    Flores is using him at times in a defensive set as the “money player” a term out of NE’s playbook, they used patrick chung the same way.

135. We can continue playing Minkah all over the place, but we already have proof he isn’t ready for that, and now his morale is shot .
    Also, Maybe he could play multiple positions under a real coach, Flores is horrible

None of us know what it’s like to get burnt one on one for a long TD in front of millions of people. But I’m guessing it seriously sucks shit, I know I would ask to play corner if I were him.

Minkah is doing the right thing IMO, go somewhere we’re he can excel at CB, fuck linebacker

It was but ONE GAME, man.

• The worst home loss in our history, yea. Just one game, the most horrible home game in over a half century

It only counts one loss, but the fact we can’t even compete doesn’t bode well for the patriots game or any game for that matter

There isn’t any reason Miami can’t field a competitive team, unless it’s just not that important or part of some tank agenda

Maybe we haven’t had versatile enough DB’s and LB’s for a long time?

Maybe some day Flores would like to cover a TE??????

It would be really be nice to cover one again!

• This ant the time to experiment with whacked out shit, maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick can cover TE, let’s try that?

Flores report card is the scores and the wins and losses
      He is so far in over his head he might not ever dig out.

He wasn’t even close to putting players in the right positions, making adjustments to get coverage or a pass rush, didn’t even play our starters enough, among numerous other mistakes that I’m too tired to dig up.

He coached a preseason game for game one, that should be a fireable offense IMO
      I know he gets a free pass of sorts at first, but he doesn’t deserve it, he sucks and isn’t committed to win, the players know it, and will want out

Why should a player waste their career? They should try to be their best, teams don’t have the right to play guys out of position and waste their career

Players should Never be expected to keep quiet when they are getting dry fucked
      They are just as much human as the coach and have every right to speak up

Imagine if Your boss asked You to work in several different positions, would we keep quiet if we felt we were being humiliated and misused? I Doubt it

David, after we beat the Pats 5-3 tomorrow we will all be rejoicing! 🙂

• Lmao is it April 1 again already?

Patriots are committed to win, They have great coaching and they don’t try to fill the roster with cheap Nobodies
      They have an expensive payroll

Dolphins are not committed to win, have a crap excuse for a coach and a roster largely bereft of talent, with some of the talent unhappy and wanting out
      The Dolphins have become the Orlando magic, lol congrats!

I HONESTLY can’t get a good/clean read of Jalen Hurts tonight. He’s CLEARLY(!) good, but I need to see much more in order to assess him… and it’s very early in the college football season.

what’s screwed up is at the start of the third qtr no one was in the stands, everyone had left the stadium. very unfair to the fans who paid to see a product.

I think the front office is tanking but i don’t think the players or coaches are.

The NFL is always trying to protect the shield, it wouldn’t surprise me if Ross got a call from Goodell.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    September 14, 2019 at 10:07 pm
    The worst home loss in our history, yea. Just one game, the most horrible home game in over a half century…
    ————-
    I understand ya, man, but let it be known… this team is young and hasn’t yet had the ability to gel. MANY of us wanted to see a true BLOWUP… we finally did it. Instead of constantly going 7-9 or 8-8 year in and year out (over the last 2 decades) via “retooling” and employing over-priced FAs, we’re FINALLY doing it the RIGHT WAY.

Hang in there, bud… we’re going to come out of this on the other side, better than ever!

GREAT arm on that throw by Jalen Hurts! Problem? He had ALL DAY to throw. I want to see what he can do under PRESSURE!!!

I’m audi for the night. Peace to ALL!
    GO PHINS!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

After one game? LOL

Honestly a lot of DBs would love to be able to be used like Minkah is being used
    I am surprised he isn’t excited about it

Let’s go Jaguars!

Piggy, I saw what you said earlier about compensation for Minkah in a trade. I think a 1st rd pick gets it done. It doesn’t have to be close to #11. The entire team is turning over. Three 1st rd and two 2nd rd picks should change the dynamic for the team in a positive way.

I don’t like the idea of taking less than we invested a year later

Honestly the team and Minkah should work it out

I wish they would too, but if it’s not going to happen you get a 1st and move on. PIT has been rumored to be very interested.

Here’s what Miami is looking at in 2019.
    1. So bad we get the #1 pick
    2. Not that bad and we’re top 5.
    3. Have the chips to trade up.
    4. Better than people thought but we still have the chips.
    5. ?

I like Tua – but he’s not the only QB

Didn’t Minkah bill himself as a DB that could play anywhere prior to the draft? So why is he complaining about being asked to do just that now?

Honestly I think if we keep Minkah, X, Wilkins, Baker and add some pass rushers we can have a good defense for a decade

September 14, 2019 at 11:05 am

damn, Mike
    thats horribly racist, and if You said it to him in person? , he would prove You very very wrong.

hes ten times the man and athlete You are IMO, and makes more than ten times as much money too

• pheloniusphish says:

I think Mike was saying making him stay would be putting him in NFL prison with Baby as an exclamatory. Not that Minkah is an NFL prison baby. Nothing racist in his post, Daffydil.

You did it again!

• ocalarob says:

you can’t resist! LOL

• he also questioned his manhood and called him a whiny little bitch. statements that make others second class , fits for 400 years Black people have heard they need to keep quiet. stay in their place, they arent intelligent, and all are future criminals, etc

the people making racist statements ,or putting them in a second class pigeonhole. are the poorest judge of what racism is, or it wouldnt have lasted 400 years

Have we won 5-3 yet?

Racist Mikey at it again. No wonder you voted for Trump!

• i never said Mike was racist, i said he made a racist statement.

Minkah isnt here, he is the only one that knows if it is or not , we only know these generalizing statements have been used for centuries to try to hold people back

let’s go fins! brady is 7-10 here i hope we can make it 7-11

156. naplesfan2010 says:

Starting Richmond Webb’s cousin is somehow posiive karma, or at least I hope so, so i am picking us to continue our domination of Tom Brady, 24-21.

Ocala howie, are you there?

are you ready for some footbawllll!

i hope we are more competitive today.

any time a team is coming off a loss they usually bounce back the next week, a lot of gamblers take that into consideration. we got embarrassed last week so i hope they corrected the stupid mistakes.

one was mccains play at FS, either get him on the right page or get him outta there. we can’t let these ratriot wrs get behind the D

David – I would say the very same thing if Minkah was white. I don’t care what color he is. He’s privileged to be allowed to play in the NFL, he’s whining after one rookie season and one game in with his new coach that he wants out. That’s extremely selfish. If I take his black/hispanic Coach’s side on this, how does that make it a racist statement. He’s undermining his HC, and showing no regard for any of his teammates either. If he was white you probably wouldn’t have said a word. BTW – If you’re saying what I said was racist, that implies that I’m racist as well. Think!

• Mike, i do not think You are racist, i just though that because you were pissed off at him, it went too far, and it could be taken that way, especially to someone that has heard it before against them.

i dont disrespect You for it, everyone makes statements out of anger or whatever, including myself.

but look at my avatar, lol Minkah is my favorite Dolphin player, i would defend him even if he was polka dotted, i just love the guy and wish we would play him at CB

It didn’t go too far at all. If me saying he has to stay on the team until his contract expires and called it “NFL prison” upsets you, maybe you’re the one that needs to reevaluate. I’m fine with what I said.

• We can agree to disagree, Minkah is the only one that would really know if it is or not,

And he isn’t here

ORob — I say take the points as well. If for no other reason that the evil genius likes to sit on leads. He gets ahead by say 9 or 10 and goes into lock down mode.

162. i coach one of the Magics subcontractors Youth teams, its not a big deal, its just something to have fun. i dont even get paid, i just get discounts on stuff.
    its not with the magic, its a third party with the magic.
    magic are cheap and subcontract out their youth programs, SMH

there are 8 players on my team, 14-17 years old, representing several races

parents watch everything i do, and comment about it later, imagine what the parents would say if i always told the black players to sit down and be quiet,they arent very intelligent , whiny little bitches, they will be in prison soon, they should know their place, etc

i would get fired immediately, and the parents of the child i insulted , would rip me a new asshole.

In Disney World they have a ride called the Carousel of Progress. Sometimes when I’m on this blog I feel like I’m on the whatever the opposite of what that ride would be.

Minkah is the only one that would really know if it is or not,

I don’t write stuff on here for his consumption. You think he cares what I write? Do you think I care what he thinks? I write this for us to discuss. Listen, anyone could judge anything as they please, I know for a fact that it wasn’t meant as racist, and that’s all that counts. End of story!

165. enjoy the game guys, hopefully Miami wins! my boys are undefeated, 0-0, lol first game is at 12;30
    ill watch the dolphins game later, we need a win today

Know you guys hate La Canfora, but least this is his take on it.

“According to league sources, roughly 20 teams have reached out to Segal and/or the Dolphins about Fitzpatrick, with the team seeking a future first-round pick for him at this point. “

September 15, 2019 at 10:59 am
    __________________
    that’s not what they did against the stealers

going to the winghouse to watch the game, great place to watch it, a dolphins bar, they have every game on but they always have the volume up on the miami game, and it’s on the big screen.

naked wings with a side of sour cream and an unsweet iced tea thank you.

Well by osmosis we sure are getting a lot of media attention today .. we have made them take notice..🤡 even if it took AB being a dickhead, and a Raven shit kick to get us there

173. dloxahatchee says:

On the coach flo show he says they have a lot of things corrected
    Hope we show something today
    Go Phins

174. dloxahatchee says:

If 20 teams are asking about Fitzpatric that sounds like a late 1 and a third ?

with all these teams lined up it would seem one team will come with an offer that we cant turn down.
    that said
    if we are getting ready to trade fitzpatrick i would not play him today, he could possibly get hurt or have a bad game that would affect his value.

The niners i heard whom don’t have a 2nd rnd pick wanted to swap their 1st for one of our 2nds and fitzpatrick.
    their 1st rnd pick could be top 10.

Could we trade the other Fitzpatrick and keep Minkah?

I can’t believe we’re already down by two TDs when kickoff is still 36 minutes away…