The Bye Week Bi Babe

Among so much losing, folks we have a Winner!

The winner of this years prestigious honor of being the FMU’s Bye Week Bi-Babe is the beautiful Kristen Stewart.

celebrity-trends-2012-12-kristen-stewart-hair-texture

“I have fully been told, ‘If you just like do yourself a favour, and don’t go out holding your girlfriend’s hand in public, you might get a Marvel movie. I don’t want to work with people like that.” –

Kristen Stewart – https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/kristen-stewart-bisexual-lgbt-marvel-mcu-harpers-bazaar-interview-sexuality-a9089461.html

ad_172428678

Clearly Robert Pattinson turned her to girls.

Bye week. Bye players, bye wins, bye respectability, bye competitiveness. here we sit with four games played and the Dolphins are the joke of the league. Scoring a measly 26 points while giving up an astonishing 163 points in the four games. To put that in perspective the next closest team to the Dolphins is the Redskins at 118 points, wow.

So we have draft picks, cap space and hope and that’s about it.  Well we have Xavien Howard too, but who else is honestly safe going forward. Who do we have to build on? The O-line is once again a MASH unit although Michael Dietermaxresdefault appears to be a piece to build on. Son is intrigued by Evan Boehm. Good luck naming another absolute building block for the offense. Who else on the Defense then? Wilkins of course along with Baker and McMillan. Five building blocks for the future with two of them being rookies. We have plenty of guys who show potential but so far that’s all it is. So with 12 games left in a season that’s been pushed aside already, which guys are in for the long haul? Which guys can become building blocks going forward, face it there will be upwards of 35 jobs up for grabs next off season. We have tons of cap space and tons of draft picks.

Hope. Y’all are lifers just like me. As fans all we can do and have is hope, Hope Rosen works out. Hope trading Tunsil doesn’t bite our ass. Hope setting up an environment where a Minkah Fitzpatrick demands a trade is ok. 61xxnc6hhnl._sx425_Hope letting so many vets walk instead of building on them is alright. Hope Grier and his staff can put together an amazing draft. Hope Coach Flores and his staff can walk the walk and deliver on a system that works, that players buy into and take responsibility for. Hope we see some playoff games as we continue to age. Hope a once proud franchise can get back to being respected and feared.  Hope the next 12 games offer some glimmer of light and expectation. Hope Mostly that Grier doesn’t fuck this up as bad as Ireland did.

“You’re not confused if you’re bisexual. It’s not confusing at all. For me, it’s quite the opposite.” _Kristen Stewart

I’ve yet to have a game broadcast local so I’ve been to the bars to watch the games. Its tough to really focus and the looks I get would ordinarily piss me off but there’s nothing I can say or do when we’re down by 20 or more and it’s ugly. Dolphin gear on that I can’t get home fast enough to tear off.  I’m doing my part in an ugly situation, I’m being a loyal fan, I pretend to smile when I say “but wait til next year”, yada yada bullshit. Where’s the girl?

092a33140dbab65e079141967d63a14d

Ahhh!

Hope Y’all, hope

Attempts to contact Ms, Stewart have not been answered (imagine that) but our sincere gratitude and congratulations go out to this years winner.

bgus-1697017-036a-1567002504

Go Dolphins, see you at the Fest

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

1,131 Responses to The Bye Week Bi Babe

LOL @ Omar

Go check his twitter stuff. He’s such an amateur. LOL

Somebody mentioned on Twitter that Omar made this claim today (paraphrasing): ‘Every time I mention a FA player, that player ends up making mega $$$$$$$$$$’.

Don’t know if Omar said that on the radio or as a reply to somebody on Twitter, but WTF??? His ego truly knows no bounds.

CavalierKong says:
    October 8, 2019 at 9:11 pm
    COPY AND PASTE

THE TANK BOWL
    WASHINGTON AT MIAMI

Rob 14-7 MIA
    Toba 24-10 Mia
    OD 20-13 Mia
    Rockphin 13-10 Wash
    David 28-17 Mia
    Naples 16 – 9 Mia
    Ken 23-20 Miami
    🐷 3-2 Miami
    🦍 6-4 Miami

Gotta use emojis when it’s fest time so

COPY AND PASTE

THE TANK BOWL
    WASHINGTON AT MIAMI

Rob 14-7 MIA 🚘
    Toba 24-10 Mia 🇨🇦
    OD 20-13 Mia 🗿
    Rockphin 13-10 Was🧗‍♀️
    David 28-17 Mia🤪
    Naples 16 – 9 Mia 🏝
    Ken 23-20 Miami 🤢
    🐷 3-2 Miami
    🦍 6-4 Miami

Mike E got yer message from previous page. Possibly see ya tomorrow…

5. Phindog says:

Blah.. Blah .. Blah.. I’m still flying across the US to support my favorite team and hang out with great friends. Ross is not the issue. Blow it up means what ?

6. naplesfan2010 says:

Stanger
    We’ll be staying at the Intercontinental in Doral.
    I like to do different stuff constantly, as I’m intellectually ADD.

Besides, there’s a couple Vettes down in the city that I’m looking at to buy.
    So Saturday afternoon, I’ll be haggling over getting the red calipers thrown in for free.

Sorry will miss tunes with the dog, but looking forward to seeing you at Dave & Busters in Hollywood. Runs 6-10. Have same place reserved.

THE TANK BOWL
    WASHINGTON AT MIAMI

Rob 14-7 MIA 🚘
    Toba 24-10 Mia 🇨🇦
    OD 20-13 Mia 🗿
    Rockphin 13-10 Was🧗‍♀️
    David 28-17 Mia🤪
    Naples 16 – 9 Mia 🏝
    Ken 23-20 Miami 🤢
    🐷 3-2 Miami
    🦍 6-4 Miami

Is this mass hysteria? Group homerism? Or do you guys actually believe that Miami will win? Is it because the Redskins suck and you think they suck more than Mia?

Great game last night, can’t wait for game 5…

GO RAYS!

Kong, it seems Piggy is betting that Rosen gives up a safety in his score prediction, are you saying he will give up two safeties? How does a team score 4 points in a football game?

haven’t figured out yet if the coaching staff is on board with tanking but it sure looks like it.

the williams td pass should have been challenged because by rule it certainly was a touchdown yet Flores ignored it.

some of the defensive schemes seem to be head scratching. and why do we have a competitive game until the 3rd qtr?

i know the front office is on board with losing every game and from the looks of things so is the coaching staff.

i’m sure the players are trying to win

One long job interview!
    The story of the 2019 Miami Dolphins!

Were you expecting a football version of Major League? No chance of that…..Charlie Sheen is back playing in the California Penal League.

He should and even if should have from the start…. least he is honest about it.

Does this change your guys predictions? –

Washington has a new starting quarterback, same as the old starting quarterback.

New interim head coach Bill Callahan is planning to go back to Case Keeum, as long as Keenum is able to play on his injured foot, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Keenum opened the season as the starter but was out with his foot injury last week. Colt McCoy started in his place, and head coach Jay Gruden was fired after another ugly loss. Some thought the departure of Gruden would pave the way for first-round rookie Dwayne Haskins, but Callahan made clear at his introductory press conference that he doesn’t think Haskins is ready to start.

So Keenum will lead the way against the Dolphins, in a game that will make the loser the favorite to earn the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft.

We are ROCKeting up the power rankings!! At least until we lose again this weekend.

naplesfan2010 says:
    October 9, 2019 at 10:41 am
    We’re at home, and you saw how that narrowed the gap in the first 3 home games.

Oh yes, we narrowed the gap from 49 point deficit to 43 point deficit to 20 point deficit. They are on FIRE! LOL

2019 passer ratings to date

Case Keenum: 93.8
    Colt McCoy: 60.6
    Dwayne Haskins: 32.8

Josh Rosen: 57.7

LOL!! I Knew we would be hearing from MF13ss on Case Keenum!

Josh Rosen: 57.7

But, but, but there were drops, he is almost still a rookie, I ran out of gas, I had a flat tire, I didn’t have enough money for cab fare, my tux didn’t come back from the cleaners, and old friend came in from out of town, somebody stole my car, there was an earthquake, a terrible flood, LOCUSTS!! IT WASN’T HIS FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!

His big hits against him on comp percentage were the two gam he was thrown in at the end and took it on the chin, since then he has improved each game and his two whole games were 61.9 rating and a 88.9 rating.

LOCUSTS!!!

Not an excuse but certainly a suggest to view things objectively.

His first two partial games are NOT pulling down his rating that much. The NFL doesn’t take the rating for each game and then divide it by the amount of games to come up with the aggregate number. It doesn’t work that way. if they did his total rating would be 46.85

(2.8 G1, 33.8 G2, 61.9 G3, 88.9 G4 = 187.4 div by 4 = 46.85) the aggregate is all the passes totaled as if they were in one game.

😀 😉

Rockphin says:
    October 9, 2019 at 10:20 am
    ——————–

Rock,
    The Skins will score a FG and a 1 pt safety.

And that 1 pt safety tells you where our points come from.

LOL a 1 point safety? How do the give you half the points for a safety? Is he half in the endzone? LOL If he is half in that is all in and it is 2 points. The only way in football you score 1 point is if you just scored 6. there is no other way you big ape.

25. ElephantRider says:

I dont care what Rosen’s rating is. He’s the best QB on the roster.

But then other stuff comes into play…. like do we take a QB up top next draft. Don’t see a single person saying start Fitz Magic.

That is like saying she is the prettiest girl on this blog page. It’s not saying much

Rock, i will just leave it at his last two games have been decent, and there have been improvements i dont know where he will be at the end of the season, but he is trending in the right direction.

OK good enough. I am a member of the RDS so I am going to be negative.

I was a founding member of the Patience Brigade when the HDS was in full force. Now I have switched sides. No more koolaide no more benefit of the doubt! LOL

28. ElephantRider says:

LOL Rock

I get it.
    Let’s debate if hes better than any QB on last year’s roster…..

ER,

I picked my lil’ nephew off the bus earlier, and he has us practicing dance moves like Kid N’ Play! LOL! I love that lil’ funker! 😀

It’s too small of a sample size to look at QB ratings. Rosen has started 2 games and played some in the other games. We’re also going through multiple OL lineups and the WRs have been banged up. The entire team is trying to find their way and we all know that.

Rooting against Rosen means rooting for Tua or whoever in the next draft. And sorta get why some would feel that way, says a guy who kept saying “give Tanny a chance.”

I do feel that its always better to hope for what you have to pan out, but you just have to be able to know when the time it is to move on. I think the really big deal with Tanny is we held out too long. I do get it though, and i do think in Rosen’s case its way to early to give up.

Rockphin says:
    October 9, 2019 at 3:56 pm
    ——————————–

LOL @ Rock. Ignorance in action is glorious to behold. 😉

Google 1 pt safety you cotton-headed ninny muggins. It’s a real thing.

I gave you a hint with this line “And that 1 pt safety tells you where our points come from.”

Its basically a cock up of record setting proportions since this is an event that has never happened in the NFL. Safety on the extra point.

I think there is another 1 point possibility, i think you can also kick and extra point and if blocked and recovered behind the line, the defense can run it back for 1pt sine they were not going for two. It use to be this way a while back but maybe that one no longer exists.

LOL, yep. Major mess up to get a 1 pt safety. I think the only way you could ever see that is if an offensive player got turned around and ran the wrong way on a blocked kick.

And you’re right about the 1 point return of an extra point attempt. That rule got changed a few years ago. It used to be a deadball, but now it’s a live ball and a return gets you 1 pt.

Yeah Rosen in his first season with us after 4 games vs. 7 seasons with Tannehill is quite different.

Kristen Stewart just looks sickly to me, i dont find her attractive at all. This girl on the other hand….

I love her eyes, she is in a Amazon Prime series called Carnival Row that i really liked and she is very beautiful in it. I dont know why she likes blonde so much, with her eyes red is definately her best color, as it was in the show.

WOOHOO!! Cards!!!

10 run first inning!!!

11-0 in the bottom of the 2nd. Crazy!!!

You know it will be the Cards v the Stros at the end. Least I am rooting for you and wyoming to go at it.

I’d say we have a decent chance to get to the Series, especially if the Nats can knock out the Dodgers. We stomped the Nats in the season series.

I have a hard time seeing us beat the Stros in a 7 game series if we both get there though, but it’s baseball, so you never know. The Cards did get two WS wins against Verlander when he was with the Tigers, so….

I’m just hoping this game against the Braves doesn’t turn ugly and someone get hurt or suspended. We’ve already added another run to go up 12-0, and have the bases loaded in the 3rd…

NFL upholds the season long suspension on Burfict. 👍

Pig 3-2 Miami
      CavKong 6-4 Miami
      Phelon 63-3 Miami
      M13 27-17 Washington
      Tim 31-17 Miami

There you go!

Not that I have any love for the Braves and their fans as a Mets fan, but I do feel their pain in an elimination game when it’s over so early. You get all pumped up for an exciting and dramatic game and before you even get settled into the game it’s over. Been there done that and it sucks!!!

I’m surprised it took him this long, anyway Mr Can’t Please, feel free to nominate next time. The Bye Week Bi Babe Foundation would appreciate your support.

Well my flight is delayed

I have to find another runway long enough to get a good running start
    I’ve gained a few pounds, so I need a little more runway

This idea that it’s Tua or fail is ridiculous. The Miami reporters are so juvenile. He may be great, okay so be it. But if it doesn’t fall that way it doesn’t mean you can’t become a really good team and a championship contender.

I think the key to being a good team starts with a good defense and a running game. If you have a competent QB you can win that way. If you have an elite QB you can overcome some other deficiencies sometimes, see Patrick Mahomes. He’s as good as it gets but KC isn’t a very good defensive team.

Good game 5 in LA. Extra innings

Holy crap, The Nats just hit a grand slam in the 10th.

Cards and Nats in the NLCS. How many people had that marked down when these playoffs started?

I agree with D that Cara Delevingne is hot. Although I felt dirty appreciating her beauty in the movie Valerian and the city of a thousand planets. She seemed so young that it made me feel creepy. LOL

LOL @ Rock. Ignorance in action is glorious to behold. 😉

Google 1 pt safety you cotton-headed ninny muggins. It’s a real thing.

Ahhhhh, I see you are right. I also see that it has never happened in the history of the NFL and would be nearly impossible because no one would ever wind up in their own endzone on a EP attempt. (their own team mates would freaking tacklet them first! LOL) it’s a 85 yards behind you.

But I stand by my statement. How do you get a safety on an extra point when you haven’t scored a TD?????? who is ignorant now? HA!

You’re killing me, bro, lol
        How many points did I say we would score? 6
        How many points do you get for a TD? 6

“And that 1 pt safety tells you where our points come from.”

TIM: 6 times I’ve heard Ross say that the head football coach he has either extended or hired would , in so many words “turn this franchise around and make it a winner.” ROSS WAS WRONG all 6 times. However, to be fair, one coach, Todd Bowles, DID have a winning record in Miami (2 wins, 1 loss as interim head coach). However, at the end of that season, Ross told Bowles he would NOT be the next head coach of the Dolphins. Like all Ross appointees, Bowles went on to have a losing overall head coaching record in the NFL.

Ross’s propensity to hire coaches with NO PRIOR HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE is, I believe, a factor in his futile attempts to pick a winner. It will be noted that the last 3 head coaches of the Dolphins who had winning records (Shula, Jimmy Johnson, and Wannstedt) all had previous NFL head coaching experience. I’m NOT SAYING Ross should ONLY have considered candidates with prior HC experience. What I AM SAYING is that Ross should have given more consideration to those who were proven winners at this level. But, instead, he’s picked one loser after another for both HC and GM positions.

ROSS IS MIAMI’s primary deterrent to building a winning football franchise.

CavalierKong says:
    October 10, 2019 at 9:24 am
    You’re killing me, bro, lol
    How many points did I say we would score? 6
    How many points do you get for a TD? 6

“And that 1 pt safety tells you where our points come from.”

Nevermind, you got me. I was conflating your post with Son’s reply saying

“We’ll have not one but two holding penalties in the end zone and our accurate, strong legged kicker will make 2 out 4 FG’s and we win.”

So in my head we had not scored a TD. My bad. I was wrong, carry on.

Miami Herald Sports

@HeraldSports
    Dave Barry chimes in on @MiamiDolphins’ “epic” season: How have the Dolphins managed to lose all their games this season? Step One: Acquire a substantial number of high-quality, even Pro-Bowl-caliber players.

Step Two: Trade these players to other teams.

Dave Barry is usually humorous. This is just stupid.

What “Substantial number” is he talking about? I guess 2 could be a substantial number as it is more than zero which is the only number without substance…..

Mike E back to pass,…… Piggy is trotting deep!….. MF-13 has the Pig blanketed. David comes from the edge and flattens Mike E!

MIKE E’S LOOKING OUT HIS EAR HOLE!

OH WHAT A HIT!

Ken 23-20 Miami
    Pig 3-2 Miami
    CavKong 6-4 Miami
    Phelon 63-3 Miami
    M13 27-17 Washington
    Tim 31-17 Miami

as for the draft, Tua sure looks good if we are in a position to take him, some say he’s the next Steve Young, let him sit behind Rosen for a year.

however if we are in a position to take Tua …..I myself think i would have to evaluate what other teams would offer to move to that position.

3 future 1st rnders would do it for me, i think with the right people around Rosen he’s very serviceable.

spreading out these 1st rnders in future years and keep spreading along the way.

my priority would be #1 DEFENSE! build a solid D because that’s what wins championships, #2 build an OL and a stout running game.

the rest will take care of itself.

some are saying Tua will pull an Elway or Manning if miami tries to draft him.

I read yesterday that Tua would be excited to come to Miami, he’s from Hawaii and loves the beach, i also read he’s a very high character guy.

ROB: I THINK Tua would be a great fit in Miami IF we have the right head coach AND the right QB coach to “”coach ’em up!!” Conversely, if we have the WRONG COACHING STAFF, Tua will struggle more in Miami than he would with most other franchises. Some time ago, another member of this board (Herd?) said something to the effect that Miami seems incapable of improving or “coaching up” the players we’ve drafted over the last several years. For the most part, I believe that criticism is fair and justified. For example, look at the development of Patrick Mahomes during his short NFL career. He’s already reached levels that few before him could match. And some (MUCH?) of his improvement from his days in Texas Tech is due to the efforts of Andy Reid and his staff. Is Flores the next great QB guru? I truly hope so. If we see dramatic improvement in Rosen by the end of this season, that will be a VERY positive sign for Miami’s QB position, whether it’s eventually manned by ROSEN, TUA, or some other quarterback we hyave yet to draft.

—————–
      Finally, both Jalen Hurts and Sam Ehlinger will be on full display Saturday at NOON as Oklahoma and Texas tangle in the Red River Showdown in Dallas at the historic Cotton Bowl. NO ONE ON THIS BOARD whose comments I’ve read has even mentioned Ehlinger as a serious candidate to be picked by Miami in April’s draft. I LIKE THIS KID a lot!! He’s smart, elusive, and has a pretty quick release (a NECESSITY when you’re playing behind one of the NFL’s worst O-Lines). HURTS is no slouch, either. And I think he should be in everyone’s top 5 options to be Miami’s next starting QB. I’ll be VERY INTERESTEDto hear what all you “experts” at the Fest have to say about these two QB’s.
      —————-
      OUT for now. GOT the day off to take MRS. OD in for another MRI plus another meeting with her doctor. It’s gonna be a tough day. But, tonight, the Rays play at Houston to see if they can add to the long list of victims of “THE SPORTS ILLUSTRATED COVER JINX which currently has Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole on the cover.

of course Gehsucki has heard it. Goedert is simply the better player. Some of us could see that from the get go. Others were blinded by Joisy love.

I didn’t really care for either of them. I wanted a guy who was primarily a receiver and secondarily a blocker, but i didnt want someone with obvious flaws as a blocker. Gesicki wasnt a strong enough blocker, and Goedert was not as much of a threat as a receiver. So i really didnt think either were ideal. I was leaning towards Andrews an Hurst, but Hurst was my number 1.

THIS is rather cool, sad, spooky, interesting, and wow… all at the same time. When ya finally see the head of the shark revealed, well… I almost $#!t myself. SCARY!

Hey, ORob… I’m going to once again PASS on going to Seal Island this year, my man!

MF-13: I’d be VERY interested in your response to my 11:49 post. THANK YOU!!

First, best wishes for you and Mrs. OD! I hope all goes well with the MRI and follow-ups.

YES, we’d better be sure we have the right coaches in place before we go into the 2020 Draft. For me, it’s too early to tell if we do what with our overall lack of talent at the moment. We’ll be looking for progress throughout the season as a result.

Yes, everybody should be scouting Jalen Hurts. I’ve liked the little I’ve seen of him, but I want to see him against better competition. Sam Ehlinger is someone I’ve yet to dig into, but I most assuredly WILL in the near future.

Thanks, Mr. Campbell… and stay healthy, you and the Mrs.!!!

I don’t think the current coaching staff is going anywhere. The approach the team is taking is all about the long term plan. The coaches won’t start being scrutinized until the 2020 season after we add more premium talent. That’s when you have to start winning some games and looking like a team on the rise.

So after watching that Great White Shark video I posted above a few more times, I think I have the answer. It was either…

A) It was trying to beach itself to die
    We don’t know what ever became of the shark after 2 days, so perhaps it did die shortly thereafter.

B) It came into shallow waters to protect itself from other predators
    Being it was bleeding, it would have attracted many predators in the open sea. Perhaps it healed enough to stop the bleeding, enabling it to return to the open sea without advertising itself as a bloody casualty. I hadn’t heard of any follow-up story that concluded the shark had washed up ashore.

I’ll go with “B”, knowing that ‘animal instinct’ (that includes fish) is a pretty powerful thing. We could learn a LOT from other lifeforms.

Tim, what did YOU think of the video I posted above?!! That was rather interesting!

ocalarob says:
    October 10, 2019 at 11:48 am
    Don’t worry, i have shark repellent sun screen…. (Mullet flavor).

you’ll have a great time skiing!

LOL!!! That’s funny.

I keep trying to get Piggy to wear THIS sunscreen at the Fest but for some reason he refuses.

Gase finally starting to take some of the blame:

“It’s all of us,” Gase said. “I’m telling you. There’s two plays where I didn’t put us in a good spot.”

LMAO!

Two bad plays = 0-4. Got it!!! LOL

LOL
        To be fair, I don’t know the context of the quote. He might have been talking about just the Philly game, but still, it’s such an obvious “the players are screwing everything up” statement, lol.

I think Gase should send Jay Ajayi a ginormous fruit basket. The only positive thing Gase has EVER done as a HC is when Ajayi kicked butt for a year (and it could be argued that happened in spite of Gase). Without that season Gase may have been gone a year earlier with us, and maybe doesn’t get another shot at a HC spot.

Hmm, considering how he’s jacking up the Jest, maybe WE should send Ajayi a ginormous fruit basket as well…lol

son of a son of a shula says:
    October 10, 2019 at 10:27 am
    Oh now she’s hot but when she was the Bye Week Bi Babe last year she was a boy with caterpillar eyebrows.

I’m not sure who said that, but it wasn’t me. She is pretty hot, even though she looks like she snorted too much meth sometimes.

So my girlfriend dressed up like a cop of Halloween and told me i was under arrest for being too good in bed

MF-13 what kind of internet speed do i need to stream?

This is what I said about last year’s Bye week Bi babe

Rockphin says:
    November 14, 2018 at 4:23 pm
    Son, I didn’t comment on the Babe because, although she is 26 she looks 12 and it makes me feel creepy being attracted to her. (I AM attracted to her, it just makes me feel creepy, LOL)

I kept getting mad at my self while watching Valerian because of it.

Rockphin says:
    November 14, 2018 at 4:24 pm
    Plus you had to post a pic of her with a big herpes blister on her lip?

Randy says:
    November 14, 2018 at 4:40 pm
    Yeah, I’d need to bag and tag her because those eyebrows are just too damn freaky. Buy a pair of tweezers….or a weed whacker!

November 14, 2018 at 4:53 pm
    LMAO @ all the bi-bye week girl comments!

She’s got perty eyes hooded by a couple of caterpillars

Mike E was the Caterpillar culprit!

Game 5 Rays @ Astros, Glasnow vs Cole.

Cole has been considered the best pitcher over the last couple of months.

The Rays are no slouch either they did win 96 games.

should be interesting

GO RAYS!

75. Krishna says:

Ehlinger is another Westlake HS product ala zDrew Brees and Nick Foles. He started as a freshman and has gotten better every year.

Not sold on him yet and think he needs to play college ball his senior year.

I think Hurts is ready for the pros.

Tua, to me, has disaster, ala Pat White, written all over him.

I’m not sure if Tua is the real deal but his game is nothing like Pat White. Tua is considered one of the most accurate college QBs some people have ever seen. White was a running QB who could throw at the college level. Tua is more of a pocket passer. I don’t think he has disaster written all over him, but he may not be elite at the NFL level as a lot of people think he will be.

• Krishna says:

I didn’t say he was a similar QB. I compared his potential success to that of Pat White. Tua was bailed out in the Georgia game and Clemson made him look Pat Whitish….a loser. All I’m saying.

• Krishna says:

Actually I did not compare the QBs skill sets at all.

If comparing, I think Sam is more like Tebow, but more accurate. He will knock a DB or LB off his heals.

Hurts has more bust potential that Tua. Hurts could be Lamar Jackson or he could be RG3. If we were to go with Rosen and i dont think he is a system fit.

Was going to say if we were going with Rosen, i would still not consider him for backup, he just doesnt fit our system.

• Krishna says:

Maybe so, but he’s lighting it like the previous 2 QBs out of OK. They must be doing something right there.

Krishna, I just thought Pat White was a bad comparison. That’s why I said they’re not the same type of player because that’s the guy you compared him to. That’s all I was going by.

• Krishna says:

Fair enough.

• Krishna says:

But comparing potential success and failure is a different topic. Thus, comparing Sam to similar HS backgrounds/roots isn’t comparing skill sets either.

All three are different QBs and two of those three have SB rings and went to the same HS.

D, I think this coaching staff wants more of a passer than a guy who runs around a lot. Rosen fits what they’re looking for so we’ll see if he progresses. That would be the best case scenario for us that he is the guy and he’s already here.

Mayfield is a perfect example of buying in to the hype too soon. Last year he was the next prototype QB. This year, not so much.

I had questions about him during all the draft hype. He struggles with pressure and doesn’t protect the ball. He also throws a lot of undesirable passes when he gets moved off his spot. I don’t expect most young QBs to be great right away, but I still don’t see special with him. We’ll see.

• Krishna says:

Mayfield was another central Texas Lake Travis HS (arch rival to Westlake) and Ehlinger.

TX loves them QBs.

The new narrative if the Dolphins start winning some games is going to be they’re setting themselves back a decade if they don’t lose enough to get that one player. Anyone else find that irritating?

• Krishna says:

I would say stupid. I just laugh and thank god they’re not running the Dolphins org.

• Krishna says:

Also, if they start winning it seems to me the coaches should get credit for coaching up a team devoid of talent. Think what they will do with top end talent. Finding that talent will be on Grier though.

It’s a lose, lose situation. The malcontents will be unhappy whether we win or lose, so meh.

We’re going to find out just how hard we suck this Sunday. If we get blown out by Washington, as bad as they are and after a bye week, then you can write us in ink for the #1 spot, lol.

It was a Festivus miracle Was getting ready to go to DMV today to renew my license and hit the internet to learn what docs had to bring. Turned out can get it done on line.

Never heard of that before, but in FL you renew every 8 years but let you do online once before having to come in for a new pic, eye test, etc. That’s 16 years without having to take a number at DMV for that.

Don’t even ask you to do the feat of strength. Btw — where’s Bookman been? 🙂

Just say to Hurtz

That’s a good start!

ocalarob says:
    October 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm
    MF-13 what kind of internet speed do i need to stream?
    ————
    Whatever you have today, it should be good to stream. I can’t think of anything provided today that wouldn’t allow you to stream, bud.

86. Krishna says:

We need two of those.

I have Century link 15 MPS and it was slow, kept on pausing??? called them to upgrade and they said they couldn’t

88. Krishna says:

Sorry, I don’t buy in to any strategy here other than giving and training the players to maximize their potential so you can win the football field, every game.

Then, at the end of the season see where you’re at and go shopping to build a solid team from the foundation up given your position.

That’s the only strategy I see.

• Krishna says:

I guess that came out a bit slurred….sorry

Yep! The tank narrative is amateur hour. To think that coaches and 53 players who are highly competitive people will go out and not try to compete and win, is the definition of absurdity. The rebuild and the roster purging to start over is the only “tank” that exists and all that means is that the franchise decided to do this and contending for the ultimate goal is not the main goal this season nor should it be because it’s not realistic. It doesn’t mean try to lose when playing the game. That’s just fucking stupid!

89. Krishna says:

Grier has a strategy in this “tanking” and he thinks he can do better. I hope so.

He said when he was hired that he feels he has a good idea on how to build a team the right way. I think people in the building have been aware of that for years but he played a role in personnel regardless of title and was not truly on board with how things have been done here. He has said in the past that we need more talent across the board without calling people out. He just gutted the roster in his first year as top dog. He acquired lots of premium draft capital and made the moves with the cap that allows him to sign anyone he wants on 2020.

I’d say so far so good and it appears he didn’t like the team we had. The old guard is gone.

• Krishna says:

Yep…we shall see. It’s his team now, with his coach, and all the tools to build a football team. Don’t fuck it up….lol

90. Krishna says:

Friday tunes? Or too small a group?

91. Krishna says:

Oh my god…that proves I’ve been in a daze….thinking about Mrs. K. Sorry.

Feelin’ the Irish

ORob – 15 Mbs is not going to give you a satisfying streaming experience. The pauses you are experiencing are the downloads buffering. Probably need at least 50. Depends on how many devices you are running.

96. Krishna says:

It will be interesting to see how the team comes out of the bye week.

They need to SHOW ME. Throw me a bone at least.

🙂

MLB got the AL series they wanted. I think they wanted Dodgers in the NL but STL and WAS earned it. I’ll be rooting for the Astros and Cardinals.

99. bailbondmike says:

Travel safe Festers!!!!!!!!

100. TryPod says:

Might be couple of people here interested:

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 3: Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 25: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 3: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 28: Calvin Throckmorton, OT, Oregon (A)
    Round 3 Pick 3: Richard LeCounte, FS/SS, Georgia (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 13: Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 5: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 3: Sean Pollard, OG, Clemson (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 16: Erroll Thompson, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 29: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)

You time is coming humans

Krishna says:
    October 10, 2019 at 8:11 pm

That’s the only strategy I see.
    ————
    Absolutely agreed, Krishna! Good post!

There’s only one little thing that NEEDS to be addressed on this board: we aren’t built to win this year, which is why we jettisoned all of our stars and youthful future stars, save a few who couldn’t yet fetch a high draft pick in return.

How can I say this the right way… I know! There are ZERO players on this team who are trying to tank, as that would be foolish to their careers. There are ZERO coaches on this team who are trying to tank, as that would be foolish to their careers.

However, we were put in a position to LOSE by our FO, in order to get the best draft picks possible. THAT’S how one rebuilds. We’re NOT trying to get R1P30, R1P31, and R1P32 in 2020 (no, we have absolutely no control over what the Stealers* and Texans do). But what we DO have control over is our own destiny.

And what has been our past? Perennial mid-round picks for earning 7-9 and 8-8 finishes over the last decade. BLOW IT UP is MORE than just trying to exchange mid-round picks for mid-round picks. For instance, I hope we didn’t trade Tunsil just to get another player of equal or lesser value after all. Or, I hope we didn’t trade Minkah just to get another player of equal or lesser value after all.

It will all come down to Chris Grier, who has been with us since 2007… and he traded two of his best acquisitions as GM.

To come out ‘equal’ would be GRAND in the case of Tunsil and Fitzgerald… but we need SO much more to become competitive again. Thus, I’m rooting for our FUTURE!

I’m willing to chew the aspirin THIS year, in order to become GRAND perennial contenders once again in the near future. As always, JMO.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, more than one way to shoot a gat… and more than one way to be a fan of our great franchise, to be sure!

So… NO! Our roster and coaches are NOT trying to tank! Rather, our team is in full rebuild/reset/”blow it up” mode… and the earlier the picks in the 2020 Draft, the better!

THIS is what a full-blown rebuild/reset looks like. We’ve got ‘JV’ players going against chiseled vets every game we play this year. If we win… GREAT! If we lose… GREAT! Just don’t lose focus on the fact: the earlier we draft, the better. THAT is what will get us out of our 7-9, 8-8 funk in the long-term. Otherwise, why would we be doing what we’re doing? THINK about that!

Are we trying to replace Tannehill with Tannehill? Are we trying to replace Suh with Suh? Are we trying to replace Tunsil with Tunsil? Are we trying to replace Minkah with Minkah?

bailbondmike says:
    October 11, 2019 at 10:26 am
    Travel safe Festers!!!!!!!!
    —————-
    Concurred!!!

M13, Minkah was traded because he wanted out. Flores, Grier and even Ross tried to talk him into being a part of the team. Part of your comments are not accurate because we’re still looking for good young players to rebuild with. We targeted Trey Flowers in FA and tried to trade for Clowney. Even signing former 1st rd picks in Nkemdiche and Charlton when they became available shows that. The plan was to move on from the old guard and rebuild a new identity, not stay status quo. The rebuild approach is already in full swing. We’ll add other young players with upside this year if they become available. It really isn’t about losing to get higher picks, that’s a byproduct of the rebuild. Know what I mean?

Yes, I DO know what ya mean, my man!

It’s also resulted in a 0-4 record to date.

I just want to get back to relevance… even if it means one BAD losing season here.

Yes I’m aware we’re 0-4. LOL

That’s the byproduct I mentioned. We’re already trying to get better but there are limited options at this time to upgrade the roster. But like I said, if a player we like became available this season for whatever reason, we would be interested if the price is right. If we wanted to totally cash it in, we wouldn’t have traded for Rosen or signed Fitz. We could have just gone with Rudock or some other 3rd tier QB.

It’s not easy to dismantle a team and upgrade it all in one season.

In 2 years when we may be ready to compete, would you rather have Tunsil at $15M per year or 3 1st and 2nd round picks? I mean you could surely still get a Tunsil clone in FA that costs only his salary, say the $15M, and still have the 3 early round picks, so why not make that trade?

It was too good of an offer and jettisoning Stills in that deal made it even sweeter because he burned some bridges here. I don’t think we were convinced that Tunsil was worth a big investment. Like you said, we could target a LT in FA or draft one. It’s not like Tunsil is Anthony Muñoz. LOL

I liked Tunsil but we might actually be able to upgrade and get some other e a little stronger in the run game

October 11, 2019 at 3:33 pm
    Yes I’m aware we’re 0-4. LOL

——————-
    Then take the medicine today and live to become a FRANCHISE tomorrow!!! 😀

I’ve been on board since this began. It’s not easy but I think we’re all tired of the false hope the old guard gave us. They were just good enough to make us believe a little bit and then they’d fade on us year after year. We all want a new team with promise. That’s all we have as sports fans.

110. bailbondmike says:

October 11, 2019 at 1:41 pm
    It would be nice to get the 3 best players in the draft, but I find it hard to believe Tua will fall to 5
    ——————————————————————-
    I Don’t know piggy. Of the winless teams right now, only Bengals and us may be QB shopping next Draft. Jets and Redskins drafted theirs. Of course someone could try to trade up in front of us.

I’m not convinced that we ever seriously went after Clowney?

We know Houston wanted Tunsil Bad, and was trying to shop Clowney?

Not that I wouldn’t have minded him in a Fins uni!

We did meet with him but he didn’t want to be part of a rebuild. He turned us down.

I know they talked! But It didn’t seem to be an all out blitz for him?

For us to trade for him he needed to agree on a long term deal or what would be the point having him just for this year? He said he wouldn’t. So there was no all out blitz to be done.

Tim, who was the fullback that came to Miami several years ago from Green Bay that was notorious for for breaking his face mask? I don’t think he lasted more than a season with us.

October 11, 2019 at 6:13 pm
    ———————
    It didn’t have anything to do with a long term deal. He said he wouldn’t sign his franchise tender if traded to the Dolphins. If we traded for him it was only guaranteed to be a one yr deal. A long term deal couldn’t be signed at that time as the window had passed.

Yes I remember that but don’t you think he had to be interested long term with us or what would be the point in trading for him for one year?

This was actually the main point that was argued over and over on this board. Whether trading for him was worth it as a possible one year ‘rental’. The Dolphins appeared to be fine trading for him with that possibly happening. I was on board with that possibility (although to be honest, I don’t remember the finer points of my reasoning now)

Either way, we tried to get him.

Yeah I can’t really figure out what our approach was nor do I want to try because it’s over. LOL

LOL, ahh come on, let’s rehash old shit. Why don’t we argue about some of the things our coaching staff did wrong in the 2007 season? I still think Cam Cameron let the team get away from him in the 2nd practice in August right before the…….

• pheloniusphish says:

Lousaka polite?

LOL @ Kong!

The man Dbolt asks me to wish ALL of you well! He’s a very good dude, and I think we all respect him.

117. Krishna says:

How about Friday night tunes mf13ss?

At least I think it’s Friday. You start.

This here is classic where I come from…

Krishna, here’s a better song, putting ya in the mood that WE CARE ABOUT YOU, Brother!

Here’s one from the earlier 70’s that resonates with what’s going on today.

Krishna, this one always helped me through some of my toughest times. I pray it resonates with you to the POSITIVE, my friend…

122. Krishna says:

Thank you mf13ss! And to the rest…trying to catch up again.

Even though you and I might differ on a political level, that does NOT make us enemies, my friend. But I think you’ve already figured as much out, because we are REAL!

I’ve got ya, Krishna! I respect ya, my Brother!

People who become enemies over politics need to reevaluate themselves. It means you can’t accept another point of view even if you don’t agree. Not all conservatives are wealthy, greedy Nazi’s and not all liberals are socialists, anti-Americans Nazi’s. It’s healthy to listen to people and why they feel the way they do and why they support one side or the other. It’s usually quite enlightening and informative if you can have a civilized convo.

It’s the radicals on both sides that divide people. I’m conservative on some issues and liberal on others. I don’t like being labeled. My opinions are based on life experiences and information which is what crafts my principles.

Was watching Bohemien rhapsody tonight

October 11, 2019 at 8:46 pm
    Agreed! I grew up listening to all these tunes. I’m amazed they really don’t make music like this anymore. At least I’m not hearing it.
    ————
    You’re not hearing it today for a reason, BROTHER. We’re still making this style of music, albeit modern… but you’re not hearing it in the mainstream for a REASON, BROTHER! Can ya feel me? 😉

Not exactly feeling ya? What I’m talking about is more music being made like this with musicians playing their instruments and great vocalists without vocoders/autotune. This sound was super mainstream back in the 60’s and 70’s and even the 80’s. What happened?

Karen had one of the most beautiful voices I’ve ever heard.
    Wyo, recording live the way it was meant to be. Of course there was some overdubbing and mixing etc.

Mom’s music growing up!

Yep and her sister my aunt. The Carpenters kind of get a bad rep as elevator music or whatever, but if you really listen to their arrangements and harmonies, they’re stellar. A few friends of mine not too long ago who all dig metal, hard rock, progressive, fusion etc.. we all agreed they were amazing.

Son/Tim – Cory Schlesinger

Here you go Krishna

Special for Krishna

Into big music tonight

Different version for Mike E

LOL @ Phish!!!

Some real music. None of that hip hop shit

Welcome aboard Tim. Thought I was playing this game alone.

Music from my youth

• im not into hip hop either, but country is the absolute worst music genre IMO
      there is no emotion, spice , feelings, pulse, or soul to it,
      its just bland as hell, and the overuse of twangy off key notes. screams out deliverance

You want double-neck guitar? This is the Mecca. 🙂

143. what happens when You put the best of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Bad Company together?
    this happens

If you didn’t like Seven Spanish Angels (Country Song) there’s no hope for your soul!

Blake and I got a message for you!

Nuthin’ wrong with a little country.

Phish are you ass deep in snow yet? 😉

I prefer older country. Not all of it but my mom, aunt and uncles listened to it when I was growing up and some of it was really good.

149. i went from country to country/rock groups like lynrd skynrd, blackfoot, charlie daniels band, and molly hatchett

i went to high school with Danny Joe Brown of Molly Hatchett, jamming with his band before they had much money was killer, but once they went on their flirting with disaster tour, they never came back to the neighborhood again

Neither Fromm nor Hurts impressed me today.

151. Danny was very poor, he lived in his parents mobile home on a dirt road in Orlando in the late 70;s, called Reddit Road by Hoffner Ave.

in one year , he went from his parents modest mobile home , to multi miliionaire

152. i guess most of the room is on the way to Dade County for the fest, You guys have a great time down there!
    I predict Miami will get their first win of the year

153. bailbondmike says:

Fromm with the worst game of his career so far. Props to the Gamecocks!

Headed to D&B now

Just draft Wisconsin Olinemen and Jonathon Taylor

Taylor’s production has been insane. He’s got that prototype size too at 5-11 215.

As for Wisconsin OL we started that this year with Deiter and so far so good.

By the way Son, the fullback you were talking about was Cory Schlesinger who played for the Lions not the Packers. He was known for breaking face masks. He was on our team in 2007 and lost the job to rookie Reagan Maui’a in camp. So the face mask breaker and the guy who runs through walls competed. LOL

Go Gators!

Having a great time with the crew at D&B this group is awesome

You all need to make it at least once.

Burrow looks good.

I watched Alabama/Texas A&M today and though Tua is good, I didn’t see special. He also looks smallish at the next level at 6-1 215. I didn’t see oh yeah he’s the #1 pick no doubt. Remember it’s about NFL upside, not being good on a college team that is top 2 every year.

Play the season and try to win and see where you end up. We have three 1’s and two 2’s. Stop with the panic for Tua. Draft the BPA with all 5 picks. That’s how you become good and deep. You don’t force a pick. I also hope Rosen plays well enough to make us think QB is not priority #1.

I agree, Tim. Didn’t see anything special. This FLA/LSU game is awesome.

I wonder if we see Laird, Gaskin or Walton as the #2 back with Ballage possibly out?

It’s still far too early (it’s only the second week of October!) to anoint any QB (or any other positional player) as the best in the nation. There’s still bigger competition ahead for most teams, there’s still conference championships, there’s still Bowl games and FBS playoffs, there’s still Senior Bowl week, and there’s still the Combine. Then, there is studying the game tape.

Not to mention, there’s so many games left to play that nobody knows who might yet get seriously injured… and there’s 6 million ways for an NFL prospect to destroy their career dreams (drugs, alcohol, domestic violence, gun charges, bad interviews, etc, etc): choose one.

One game at a time, and trust the process. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Lots of options to choose from… let’s not start singling them out so early! 🙂

It’s not about this season to me for Tua. His numbers are awesome. Tebow was amazing on the college level. All I’m saying is I’m not buying the hype.

Yeah, I’m the very last guy to buy the hype, seriously. All I’m saying is we shall see. Lots of football to be played yet.

#WeARE!!! #PennSTATE!!!

I’m still being patient with Gesicki due to this team being so turned over. But I’d like to see him start showing he makes us better.

Yeah, man… gotta be patient with the young talent we still have in lieu of our current circumstances. We’ve all seen what Gesicki can do… he’s just rarely targeted. And when he has been targeted, it’s usually short of the 1st down (SMH).

Fun fact: Gesicki didn’t drop a single ball thrown to him all of last year.

M13, Gesicki has had a few moments this year. The OL is still being figured out at least for this year. The WRs are banged up. The TE position is young with O’Leary being the 5 year vet. RB is also inconsistent and young. Then now it’s Rosen trying to find his way with all of that.

Time for young players to show they’re keepers though.

167. rich0322 says:

I said it before he started showing up on mock drafts in the 1st round and I’ll say it again, Joe Burrow is the guy I want. …so many similarities to a young Tom Brady.

Joining a football pool next week, i thought i would do a test run this week. my theory is to look at most recent head to head match ups, see who’s playing great or bad consider home field and make my picks, here’s my results this week.

______________________________________________
    panthers vs bucs …..Bucs, …..the bucs already beat car this year at car, bucs won the last 2.
    saints at jags ….saints …..won the last 3 meetings
    Cincy at Balt Balt, ………is 8-3 against ciny over last 11
    Seahawks at browns ….seahawks, ….won the last meeting in 2015, hawks are too good
    eagles at vikings …vikings,….. beat philly at philly last year
    texans at chiefs…kc, ……beat texans 2 years ago, at chiefs too much for texans
    falcons at cardinals….Atl….has handled ari over the past years killed them last year
    49ers at rams….rams…. tough match up, 9ers are playing great, go with the home team
    titans at broncos …titans… ..titan won 2 of last 3 tough pic, go with the better team.
    cowboys at jets..cowboys…dallas lost the last 2 against the jets 4 and 8 years ago ny is not that good though
    steelers at chargers…….chargers, pitt lost last year to chargers and they’re down a qb

169. game day, why are we still jerking off to bi babe?
    o yea, its fest weekend, if You guy see Ross , let him know i think he is cheap, lol

170. You guys have fun down there, the game might not be all that, try one of the nudie bars on military trail, lol they have good food and naked women

Tim:
    Tua is about 6’4” and 230 he is not small

172. i predicted this last week, this is what Miami needs, Tua and Juedy

Tua Tagovailoa is going to be the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft barring quite unforeseen circumstances. No matter who ends up with the first pick, they will either take the Alabama quarterback or get a king’s ransom from a team looking to trade up and grab him. What has been called into question more lately is if it will actually be the Miami Dolphins with the top selection. They have challengers nowadays.

For now, however, it’s hard to see any team being worse than the Dolphins. And though they have Josh Rosen in house following a 2019 draft day trade, they need to get their absolute guy and build the now down-to-the-studs roster around him. Tagovailoa can be that guy with unbelievable accuracy, polished decision-making and checking every box that you want from a potential franchise quarterback.
    ===========================================================
    2Pick via Steelers Jerry Juedy WR Alabama

One of the biggest criticisms seen around the 2020 NFL Draft and Tua Tagovailoa specifically has been regarding the quarterback potentially being a product of the elite wide receiver corps that surrounds him in Tuscaloosa. Critics with this line of thinking ask what he’s going to do with a team like the Dolphins if he doesn’t have elite pass-catchers to make his life easy for him. While I’m not among those who think like this, I’ll answer the question for them in this mock draft anyway.

With the pick owed to them by the Steelers, the Dolphins take Tagovailoa’s best target at Alabama, wide receiver Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy is everything you want from a game-changing wide receiver, checking physical boxes across the board while also being as technically refined of a college receiving prospect as you’re going to ever see. He’s the real deal and Tua doesn’t have to worry about playing with those weapons in the NFL.

173. rich0322 says:

Have fun at the game today everyone.

Go Phins!!!

174. bailbondmike says:

David, Jeudy is a little hyped. He is not a good route runner. He relies on his elite speed to get open. He got pulled for a series and chewed out yesterday for running the wrong route. The best WR on Alabama goes by the name of DeVonta Smith (IMO). He has 4 less receptions than Jeudy but has 100 more yards receiving and 9 TD’s vs Jeudy’s 6 TD’s. Why? He is a much better route runner and has fantastic hands.

175. bailbondmike says:

Tim, what you said about Tua is 100% how I feel.

• Tua will be the top pick in the draft IMO,

Tua is the best player in the nation, there isnt any hype to buy, just film and stats to review, and a combine in the next spring..

if a fan here or there thinks 27 TDs and 1 INT is proof he isnt playing well, im not thinking NFL GM,s will take much stock in a fan opinion like that

TUA is the BPA of the draft,

• TryPod says:

None of the things you state, however, are proof that an NFL gm thinks the same way about those stats; stats in college, where your team is odds on favorite to win each of their games, do not guarantee translation into NFL success. (Probably just spun my wheels, but..🤷🏻‍♂️)

176. bailbondmike says:

Rich0322, I am right there with you on Joe Burrow. I am off the Fromm train. His lack of arm strength is starting to show up. Joe Burrow is flourishing in this system the LSU OC is running which I heard was similar to what the New Orleans Saints run. My only concern is he was not as good last year running a system mostly under center. I think he gets a much better read on the defense in this new system and his accuracy is off the charts.

WYOMING, did Burrow change your mind any yesterday? Florida has one of the best secondary’s in college football.

• pheloniusphish says:

That was a great game. Burrows was very impressive and 25 TD to 1 INT ain’t shabby. Nor is 78%+ accuracy. Not knocking Tua, he has great stats, but he looked no better than he should against an overmatched opponent. The ALA-LSU game is going to say a lot about both QB.

177. bailbondmike says:

David, you are right. The first #’s I posted were correct. My bust. You watch the tape not highlights and you will see Smith is a much better route runner. Jeudy is a Ginn 2.0 who relies on elite speed and I don’t want another one of those. Ginn was one of the top rated WR coming out like Jeudy so I don’t take much stock in that.

ABOUT 24 HOURS AGO I had my bag packed, my parking pass in the glove compartment, and my gas tank filled. In less than an hour I’d be on my way to Dave & Buster’s in Hollywood. Then my wife received an unexpected message from her surgeon’s office (which is normally CLOSED on weekends). She was told the results of her latest MRI showed TWO NEW FRACTURES in her lower lumbar spine, BOTH of which would require surgery. I expect her surgeon will schedule her for yet another surgery on her back (her 5th) some time very soon. It seems as though just getting up out of bed MAY have been a cause of the recent fractures. We’re not really sure. However, her osteoporosity certainly played a role.

We both agreed that leaving her alone for the weekend WOULD NOT be the thing to do. So, most reluctantly, I called my sister and Brother-In-Law in Pompano Beach and then called Young Stanger and informed all of them I would not be able to make it this weekend. This will be the first FEST I’ve ever missed!! And it doesn’t feel good at all.

I HOPE all you “Festers” have a terrific time. And I hope (and believe) your combined powers will bring victory today to the underdog Dolphins!!
    —————————-
    I, too, was amazed at what I saw yesterday in the major televised college games. I believe Tua, Hurts, or Burrow are well qualified to upgrade Miami’s quarterback situation. If all 3 of them continue on their present pace, I believe we will get one of them in the upcoming April NFL Draft. YES, as MF-13 said, there’s still a lot of water to go under the bridge during the next 6 months. But I do believe that significant help is on the way.

GOO-O-O-O FINS!!

179. bailbondmike says:

Actually, in watching Burrow, the WR who has caught my eye is Justin Jefferson of LSU. Dude is a good route runner, knows how to get open against zone or man, not afraid to go over the middle and has great hands. 40 rec for 670 and 8 TD’s. He had 10 rec for 123 and a TD against one of the best secondary’s in college last night. Oh, and he is 6’3″ 192. His tape against Texas shows a little of everything I mentioned above.

180. bailbondmike says:

2021 draft, would anyone be interested in using one of our #1’s on Alabama CB Patrick Surtain II? Seems to be developing very well. Through 1.5 seasons (freshman and half sophomore) he has 45 solo tackles w/14 asst tackles, 2 FF, 2 INT and 12 PD’s. OH, and he is 6’2″ 203!!

OD
    Very sorry to hear that news my friend!
    Maybe they can get ti right with this surgery!

Best wishes sent to MRs OD!!

THANK YOU, WYOMING. There’s no cure for brittle bones, but she’s already taking calcium and vitamin D supplements which, over time, should improve her situation. Having a competent surgeon who knows what to do is a huge factor, as well.–MY BIGGEST HOPE is that, this time next year, Mrs. OD will be by my side at the 2020 Fest.
      ——————-
      EXTRA HUGE KUDOS to Young Stanger as well. Those of you who have never attended a Fest would be STUNNED at all the work and preparation Jon and his favorite chef go through just to make this happen. They do AN AMAZING JOB!!!! –I think as many of you as possible need to experience the “FEST EXPERIENCE” at least once in your life. –Put in on your “Bucket List” if you have one. And remember, we won’t be here forever!

IS GASKIN approaching “wasted selection” status, yet??
      And WHY AREN’T WE giving Cox a shot on those 3rd and short situations??

183. bailbondmike says:

If anyone wants to play 50/50 for the dolphins game today (all ready at $28,000), you can go to this link:

It will go up really fast.

184. bailbondmike says:

GO Chief’s and Chargers!!!

Ok, and Bungals, Jests and Broncos also!