Dolphins Win!! Defeat Jets 26-18 and are no longer at the bottom of the “tank”

Preston Williams did this twice yesterday, catching 2 TD passes from QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. The Dolphins finally put together a complete game as they held on at home to earn their first victory of the season. I’m sure Brian Flores enjoyed every second of it. The run game never got on track but that didn’t stop Fitzpatrick from using many different receivers to move the ball. It seems almost routine now that Fitzpatrick spreads the ball around and he hit 9 different Dolphins this past Sunday against the Jets. This was easily Fitzpatrick’s best effort as Dolphins QB. He finished the game completing 24 of 36 attempts for 288 yards and 3 TD’s and no interceptions. Pretty impressive, especially considering how woeful our run game was, 24 carries for 50 yards, so it was on Fitzpatrick to make things happen.

I know you all remember the scene last season where Adam Gase was sitting on the bench during a blowout loss all by his lonesome writing up plays on a clipboard or whiteboard. That same scene played itself out again on Sunday, except this time Gase was on the visiting sideline. Strange that it could occur so similarly twice. Gase has totally fallen out of favor (understandably) with Jets fans who are now calling for him to be fired. Not likely to happen as GM Joe Douglas was hand picked by none other than Gase himself, plus he has a 4 year contract the Jets would have to eat as well. He will most likely get another year with a draft that both he and Douglas engineer and then be judged by those results.

Mike Gesicki is improving and he had a big day against the AFC East rivals. Gesicki caught 6 passes for 95 yards and now has a respectable 21 receptions for 248 yards. One huge disappointment however is the fact that he still has no TD receptions. 6’5 250 and a huge wingspan and catch radius plus a 40″ vertical should have lead to at least a few TD’s, right?

The Dolphins defense had 3 sacks and also an INT for DB Jomal Wiltz. No, Charles Harris didn’t get one, it was rookie 1st RD pick Christian Wilkins notching his first sack. Nik Needham throttled Darnold on a delayed blitz where Darnold never saw Needham coming. Davon Godchaux also got his first sack of the season. The run defense was stout enough to contain Bell and Powell and keep that duo under 100 yards for a total of 81 yards.

It was great day in all, any time you beat the Jets, especially a Jets team with Adam Gase at the helm. Keep in mind Gase defeated the Jets twice last year as Dolphins HC but now lost to his former (depleted) squad. That’s gotta hurt! The Dolphins are now one of 3 teams that are 1-7, while the Redskins are 1-8 and the team that is at the bottom of the barrel but the top of the tank is now the Cincinnati Bengals who are 0-8. Odds are we won’t be the first pick, and you know what, that’s just fine with me!

GO DOLPHINS!!

#staythecourse

1,003 Responses to Dolphins Win!! Defeat Jets 26-18 and are no longer at the bottom of the “tank”

My .02. I think there is a lot to like about Tua. His injury issues do worry me some, especially if you plan to do a ton of RPO with him. Do you risk further injury or missed time by asking him to run a lot? Is that part of his game nullified in the pros due to injury concerns or issues? Joint injuries don’t get better over time….they almost always get worse.
    ***
    The one thing I wish we’d been able to evaluate more is his ability to make tight window throws. I didn’t see that a lot in his college film. A lot of his big, successful throws are ones he just puts out there and his very talented receivers go get them. That’s all great and certainly not a knock on Tua, but in the NFL you need to be able to complete passes in smaller and quicker closing windows. You just don’t see Tua do a lot of that. It doesn’t mean he can’t though. I know he’s thought of as an accurate passer, but I didn’t see that sort of accuracy from him. Maybe others have. Otherwise, his intangibles, pocket management, football IQ and leadership qualities seem to be great.

I don’t think he’ll be a RPO type QB, that’s not really a part of his game in college either. He has mobility to escape pressure and he can run, but he’s more of a pocket passer.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB throw a more accurate slant pass than Tua. He very efficient and accurate between 5-15 yards. He’s got outstanding talented athletic receivers so Alabama’s offense emphasizes getting the ball to them quickly and letting them do the work after the catch. If anything I think his downfield accuracy might be untested.

Just my .02

I also don’t think where ever he goes, the RPO will be a huge part of the offense. He’s a pocket passer. He can move but it’s not really a huge part of his game.

Randy, I feel the same about Tua. I hear a lot of people talking about how accurate he is, but I don’t see it in the film. I see him checking it out there in his very good receivers making circus catches

i think the QB position is way overrated, you should be able to find a decent one later on, the DE from Ohio State would be my preference early. I highly doubt Tua is the best player in this draft.
    get pass rushers, OL and a RB, have a great defense and running game, that’s what builds champions.

RIP Charles Levin…. no one ever did a bris better than you.

Piggy,
    I’ll take your word for it. I just really didn’t see him throwing a lot of darts. He gets it in the catch radius, but he doesn’t stick it on somebody too often. He gets completions but will they be completions in the NFL? I didn’t see a lot of really strong accuracy in his downfield throws either. He throws it up, and his guys go and get it. He didn’t look like he was dropping throws in the basket a ton. Splitting hairs, maybe.
    ****
    I mentioned the RPO stuff more just because that seems to be the trend in the NFL nowadays with guys who are mobile. He seems to be a cerebral kid, so he could probably be coached to fit into any system. I don’t really think of RPO as a system. To me, it’s more of an additional tool you can use with the right QBs.

Some teams run more RPO than others depending on the QB. We did it quite a bit with Tannehill because he’s a good runner and then there are guys like Lamar Jackson who is an absolute weapon on the run. I think Tua can do it but I don’t think it would be a staple with him. I’m not sure our coaches are looking for that either.

I agree with you that you do not see big time throws from Tua but you do see consistency, productivity and very few mistakes. So maybe in the right situation he could be a very good pro.

Well don’t take my word for it

I wanted to draft Brady Quinn, Lache Seastrunk and Scooby Wright

I’m just saying, when I watched Tua, I wanted to believe it was all hype, but it doesn’t look like hype to me. He makes it look easy. It’s something else to watch.

6. bailbondmike says:

Haven’t seen Ken on here today so I will make a reply for him:

“No to Burrow”

LOL 😉

I thought he was traded to the Browns?

No. I don’t why the situation hasn’t received more attention

The Redskins doctors misdiagnosed (or every purposely didn’t tell him) about a cancerous tumor in his skull. The repeatedly told him it was nothing to worry about. He ended up having surgery to remove it around the pro ole last year

And he’s furious at the redskins – so he never reported to them

And he wasn’t traded before the deadline

He’s under contract for 2020
        This isn’t over. They might trade this offseason

Crazy situation.

Rock/Piggy/Tim,
    I’d seen Alabama/Tua games at least a half dozen times b/c they’re always on TV. but I usually don’t focus on the QB. I really didn’t have any feel for his talent other than feeling like he didn’t really stand out, to me.
    ***
    So, I started watching film of his games with a fairly clean slate. I actually ended up liking his skills more than I had from just watching games. I don’t think he’s a “gotta have” sorta guy, but he definitely warrants consideration at the top end of the draft. I still agree with Rock though in that I didn’t see him zipping it into tight windows repeatedly…but again…maybe he can do it, or has.
    ***
    It’s part of projecting QBs, as Tim suggested, to the NFL and something I always look for. They have to make tougher passes quicker. Shorter QBs tend to throw over defenders more often too. I don’t think that one thing would dissuade me from taking a long hard look at him though. He’s shown pretty much everything else. He’s a really good college player…but I’m not convinced he’s gonna be a great NFL player, yet.
    ***
    To me, he’s one more good player to either pick or use as bait if possible or to improve our draft pick situation, so it’s all good.

Best QB prospect since Luck imo

But Luck was 6-4 230 – accurate, smart and tough. Tua is 6-1 215 and has shown durability issues in college on one of the best teams. Stanford wasn’t the best team but Luck was a real deal QB. That said, the physical abuse made him decide to call it quits. It’s a new era. Who the fuck knows? LOL

At the time Stanford was one of the best teams. About the only difference is that Luck was a little taller but similar build in terms of height to weight ratio. I also would hardly call Tua’s missing 2 games as a durability issue

I tried a new brewery tonight. Hemp infused ale. Now Hulk really feel no pain

Didn’t Tua miss time in previous seasons? His team also got demolished in the title game last year.

No he didn’t miss time last year except for the 2nd half of the SEC conference game that was it. His team got demolished last year in the Championship but that was more on the D . The year before he single handedly won the national championship

Maybe… just maybe… we’re positioning ourselves for Trevor Lawrence in 2021? He can run too. Big QB, he’s 6-6 220+.

Lawrence is a great prospect but trying to position yourself for a top drat pick 2 years down the road is impossible and if that’s the FO’s plan they are dumber than I thought

Rosen is almost guaranteed to be here next season. We won’t get anything in a trade for him and if our plan was to play him in 2 games and then let him go, well that would be beyond stupid. At worst he’s a developmental project and at best he’s in competition for the starting job.

Ken, I agree it would be foolish for a team to try and target only one player, especially in the case of Lawrence who may stay another year. I’m just teasing with the Tuahomer thing

It’s also why I have hated the Tank for Tua narrative

I don’t think we are purposely tanking for Tua. We are just not that good. We went into blow up mode and this is the result for this year. I expect next year we should be better which is one reason I want us to get the best QB available this year

Seen Flying over the Hudson River yesterday 🙂

15. bailbondmike says:

Round 1 Pick 4: Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 17: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (B+)
    Round 1 Pick 25: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 4: Alex Leatherwood, OG/OT, Alabama (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 30: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Xavier McKinney, SS/FS, Alabama (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 16: Tavien Feaster, RB, Clemson (C+)
    Round 6 Pick 4: Jonathan Garvin, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 21: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 24: AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

16. bailbondmike says:

Looks like Penn State/Minn is going to be a good game.

17. bailbondmike says:

Tyler Johnson with the one-handed TD grab for Minn. Minn looks for real.

18. bailbondmike says:

Minn has 2 nice big receivers in Bateman and Johnson. Both at 6’2″ about 210.

I had thought about the possibility of targeting Lawrence in a couple years, but I just think it’s a difficult plan. You will, more than likely, have to have the #1 pick that year. If you don’t, I really can’t see any team passing on him if he develops as most think he will. So, you either end up with #1 or give up serious draft capital to get him….you could be talking a couple 1s and a couple 2s if he develops. I’m not sure I’d wanna do that.
    ***
    I’m looking forward to watching Burrow today against a Saban defense.

BBM,
    My favorite player for MN is Antoine Winfield Jr. He’s looked really good early in his college career, and he kinda looks like he might be a playmaker too.

21. bailbondmike says:

Here is another BIG RB to keep an eye on. He is a redshirt sophomore so he might return for 1 more year at IU. Stevie Scott III, 6’2″ 231 lbs.

My comment on positioning ourselves for Lawrence was kind of tongue and cheek but I didn’t really make that clear. I have no idea what the standings will be at the end of this year nor do I know who we’ll sign in FA and draft in 2020. We’ll see what this team looks like next year and go from there.

23. bailbondmike says:

Randy, yeah Winfield is having a breakout year!

Is Tua playing today? Should be a fun game and two top QBs going at it if he plays.

25. bailbondmike says:

Minn was impressive in their win.

26. bailbondmike says:

Can’t believe BC gave the ball to AJ Dillon 40 times in the loss to FSU.

Did Tua just drop 10 spots…lol

Nice touch passes by Burrow

Burrow 1 Tua -1

30. Krishna says:

Beautiful throw, actually all of them!

• manitobafinfan says:

Td I give to WR, previous two were all throw

• Krishna says:

Maybe, or smart enough to know the match up and jump ball is best throw.

• manitobafinfan says:

I’m just trying to be objective, and not a Burrow homer.. I really like what I’ve seen from him … more so than Tua … A lot of what I’ve seen Tua do this year is hitting wide open guys .. Burrow seems to make some very pinpoint passes , thus why I gave the TD to we 🤔

Alabama digging themselves into an early hole.

Good job Piggy 👍👍

Burrow isn’t disappointing.

35. Krishna says:

Fair enough manitobafinfan. I’m trying to be objective, too. But, the first series is my example of what I think I’ve seen from the two, imo.

Afernee Jennings is something else

Wow!!!

I was typing looked up and saw Alabama heading for the TD.. thought was a Burrow pick

Burrow 9 for 9. Bama may be messing up but he’s been exceptional so far.

That was a very nice pass by Tua

It’s a game.

That was a heck of a blown coverage

43. Krishna says:

Nice…no pressure, no coverage….it looked like practice.

Tag , you’re it !!!

Incomplete ?! K we don’t want him anymore

Needs to throw those away

I like Burrow a lot

48. Krishna says:

That was a perfect throw and perfect catch…..oh my.

Now it’s becoming a blowout!

Ok, this is the chance for Tua to show why he’s the best QB in this class. I havent seen it since he was exposed last year.

Game over.

18/20 252 12.6 3TD. Burrow is annihilating one of the best rated defenses in college ball.

53. Krishna says:

Did you see that window? Beautiful

It’s. I d to see Tua with a shot for a comeback
    Burrow has been fantastic

Ken – I don’t know why you don’t like Burrow, but he is the best QB prospect in college.

I d be happy to see him in a Fins jersey next year

57. rich0322 says:

Not too bad of a half for Burrow.😉

This is exactly what caught my eye when I first mentioned him here back in September. Way before he was showing up in the 1st round mocks.

58. Phindog says:

I get a kick out of watching Nick Satan pouting on the sideline 😁Burrow looks great !!!!

59. bailbondmike says:

Burrow is also leading LSU in rushing.

60. bailbondmike says:

What sucks now is that Burrow may end up being in a Bengal uniform. Ugh, I almost ralphed.

61. bailbondmike says:

New Age, Burrow said in an interview their offense last year was “outdated” (what ever that means) and weren’t difficult for teams to game plan against. Their second year OC changed their whole offensive playbook and implemented the New Orleans (Sean Payton) system. The entire offense and Burrow have done a 180.

• New Age says:

Yeah, young QBs really need good coaching even in college. Burrow has tons pof talent but he just needs the right coaching. Same for Goff, Mayfield, etc. If you don;t set them up for success, then why even waste the pick?

Having said that, I’m not sure who our OC prefers but I hope we do better with them than Rosen.

62. bailbondmike says:

I like that RB for LSU also.

63. rich0322 says:

That wasn’t on the QB.

Bama’s defense is completely overrated. Auburn had far better tackling.

65. bailbondmike says:

Didn’t see hands to the face there.

Alex Leatherwood is average size for SEC LT
    But he looks huge doesn’t he?

You aren’t fooling anyone by grabbing your hamstring Jeudy

68. bailbondmike says:

David’s “Best WR in college football” with the drop on a perfect long ball.

Tua has seen a lot of drops today. That was a perfect pass.

70. bailbondmike says:

Tua can sling that long ball.

I will say this about Tua, he is playing on a banged up ankle and he didn’t have much regular practice the last two weeks and he’s playing like that. The timing of their passing game is off.

RARRRARR

Feed me DL!

What a throw

74. bailbondmike says:

Harris is a really good back but will go to high for where I would want to take one.

Yeah Tim – good observation
    Maybe it’s his arms

That Najee Harris looks like a solid pick for someone.

Every year Alabama puts RBs in the nfl

There’s a lot of guys on both teams who will be in the NFL.

79. bailbondmike says:

Tua redeeming himself. Making some nice throws.

81. bailbondmike says:

LSU falling asleep at the wheel……

What I’ve seen from Burrow is he makes a lot of different throws. He doesn’t live on only a couple. He looks like an NFL QB.

I’ve barely noticed Delpit in this game

Patrick Surtain 2 isn’t eligible to come out in 2020
    But I’ve barely noticed him either and he’s pretty damn good

Smith is their 3rd best WR
    😳

Najee Harris has a weird upright running style but it works for him and he’s physical.

I don’t normally drool over OL play
    But the Rancor who calls himself Alex Leatherwood has caught my eye

Here we go it’s a game again!

I like that little back #22 for LSU – Edwards something. LOL

Man that #22 is a good runner……

Watching this game and realizing the Dolphins have the #3 pick

92. bailbondmike says:

That was a Barry Sanders move there!

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is also a cool name.

Harris’ running style reminds me of Ajayi. Kind of wild but with purpose.

What a dumb call Nick Saban

Tua has shown a lot of moxie in this game. I give him credit for this performance. He was banged up, rusty and now he’s competing. This is a fun game with lots of ebbs and flows.

A slant…big surprise

There was a big opening in the middle of the field for Tua to run but because of the ankle I think he decided against it. They scored anyway so… what a game!

Throwing across his body like that for a TD was pretty impressive

100. Krishna says:

LSU won. Joe Burrow won. Just my opinion.

I like both Burrow and Edwards-Helaire a lot. Burrow had a big game but Edwards-Helaire is the reason they won. Not official yet but ya know. 😉

Holy fuck!!!! LOL

Wow just wow

LOL!

105. bailbondmike says:

WTF! This is where you want to play prevent.

106. Krishna says:

Ha! Maybe, LSU doesn’t.

Now that RB really is the MVP

Notice the cameras keep showing hot looking girls? LOL

There it is, LSU wins! What a game!

He’s a 3rd rounder to me and you’d be happy to get him there. He’s a gamer who does everything well for a small back. He’s probably a 10-12 rush/5-7 catch back every week that helps you win games.

110. rich0322 says:

Fun game overall. You know my thoughts already, but I’m glad there will be a couple QB at the top of the draft. Not just one.

November 9, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Notice the cameras keep showing hot looking girls? LOL

There it is, LSU wins! What a game!

YES, like big groups of them.

I was wondering to myself if this was some kind of genius marketing for the colleges, giving large blocks of tickets to sororities?

112. bailbondmike says:

I remember David talking about how Jeudy was the best WR in college football. I told him that he was not even the best WR on his team. I said the best WR on Alabama was Devonta Smith who just happened to have 7 rec for 213 yards, 30.4 avg and 2 TD’s. Of course, Jeudy would of had more but he dropped a perfectly thrown bomb.

113. Phindog says:

Great game. Both QB’s played great. Yes on the LSU RB. The LB for Bama McKnight or McKinley is a stud as well. Fun game to watch and yes I mentioned to my wife in the 2nd qtr that the cameraman was perving on the hot chicks 👍

WHAT A GREAT, GREAT, COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME!!! Lotsa potential 1st and 2nd round draft picks running on Denny-Bryant stadium grass tonight. Hope we get our share in the upcoming draft.
    ————
    As for the TUA-BURROW debate, I’ve concluded BOTH of them will be successful in the NFL IF they don’t get killed by playing for teams with horrid Offensive Lines!!! I know I’ll be pumped up if either Tua or Burrow is our #1 pick. But I’ll be even MORE PUMPED-UP if our 2nd pick is the best O-Lineman in the draft.
    ————
    Year-in and year-out, the SEC is consudered the best football conference in college football in America. Yes, I know the SEC has its weak sisters. But what conference doesn’t? Most years, I’d take the SEC’s top 4 or 5 teams against the top 4-5 of ANY other conference. Apparently, the NFL scouts agree because the SEC usually tops all other conferences in terms of the number of players drafted in the NFL draft. And this year is no exception.
    ————-
    YOUNG KYLE TRASK of the Gators looked good again, today. A few weeks ago, he couldn’t ecven get into the games as Florida chose to start Felipe Franks over the more talented Trask. In the last 3-4 games, Trask has gone from free agent to, perhaps a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft. If he’s still their in round 4, some team is going to get a bargain.
    ————
    FAU was leading FIU in the 16th installment of the Shula Bowl tonight at Howard Schnelleberger Field in Boca Raton. An Owls win would be their 11th in this 16 game series. GO OWLS!! Hope the Don, himself, is there to present the trophy!!
    ————
    Finally, Jacoby Brissett won’t be starting tomorrow for the Colts. In my view, this gives Miami A CHANCE to win this game. But I’ll predict a Colts win 27-13.
    Y’all have a great evening!

Tua, Burrow or Herbert that’s some pretty good choices

116. bailbondmike says:

OD, Devonta Smith is a junior so yes he is eligible for the draft next year. This was not even his biggest yardage game this year. He had 11 rec for 274 yards and 5 TD’s against Ole Miss earlier this year. IMO, he is better than Jeudy because he is the better route runner.

117. Phindog says:

Clemson and that chick playing QB looks unstoppable 😆🐕🥃🥃🥃

Not sure what to think of Hurts. He has been a winner, but does he have “it”?

Don’t like Hurts. He is doing well in OK’s system but I don’t think he is a particularly accurate passer. There is a reason why Alabama switched to Tua

Kind of reminds me of Cam……. I hate Cam

120. Krishna says:

I thought it was night and day….Tua is so limited. Burrow smart, steady, tough, skilled.

121. Krishna says:

Two losses in top ten today. Excellent.

Burrow came up big today as opposed to the last big (can’t remember who it was against) where he looked okay but I thought very tentative. That was not the case today

123. Krishna says:

He wasn’t tentative against Florida…another good defense he beat handidly.

Don’t know any good defense Tua has beat, seriously.

He was very tentative and I came underwhelmed by him. He had the deer in headlights look and Tua has beat some really good defenses.

This year Tua has had an easy schedule
    Last year he beat LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Oklahoma, Mississippi State and Texas A&M, He also beat Georgia in 2017

SEC QBs are tested more than any other QBs in college football

I don’t buy Tua folds against tough competition
    In 3 years, he’s lost 2 games against the toughest competition in the country
    He’s thrown 7 interceptions in 31 games in his career

Let’s not get carried away with 1 loss to a very good LSU team

Burrow had 3 TDS and almost 300 yards against Florida
    Also he had a great game against Texas, Auburn and now Alabama

He’s got an impressive resume

It wasn’t Florida. It may have been Georgia. It wasn’t a game LSU won handily. I think the final score was 16-10. This was like 3 weeks ago

Guys
    You don’t have to pick 1 to covet and 1 to bash
    They might actually both be good QBs

It’s a very good QB class this year

I’m actually hoping Love and Eason stay in school to spread the wealth and improve their skill set

Just remember the draft order is not based on head to head, it’s strength of schedule. Not saying that helps the Dolphins, just saying. 🙂

• rich0322 says:

Right now it helps as long as we aren’t going up against the Jest, that is a toss up right now on sos.

We will probably win head to head versus Atlanta, Washington, and Cincinnati. With the season already more than half over, making up on the sos from behind is harder than you think. It takes a lot to move up and down in a couple percentage points.

We just saw the best two QBs of this draft. I hope we get one of them.

Dolphins/Colts on TV in the Northeast at 4:05 PM on CBS. 🙂

Weeeeeeeeeee

Ken, I thought you were no on Herbert

I still think Fitzpatrick was wrong. As a young NFL player, you play where your coaches tell you to play. It totally fell in line with what he was asked to do at the college level so nothing new. It’s a privilege to play in the NFL. He’s lucky the Dolphins accommodated him and traded him. That was a very strange situation to say the least.

I figured he would be happy to be used multiple ways

But I also never understood why he wasn’t playing safety

I THINK Flores fucked-up big time on this one!!! History will prove Minkah was right and Flores was dead-wrong in forcing him to play a position he was not qualified to play.

FAU’s 37-7 pounding of FIU in Shula Bowl XVI was a most satisfying way to end a terrific day of college football. OWLS are now 7-3 and are assured of a bid to somebody’s bowl game. NOT sure of this but my old memory says FAU’s 45-21 loss to Ohio State is the Buckeye’s CLOSEST GAME THIS SEASON.
    ——————–
    SPEAKING OF FAU, the greatest FAU football player of all time, Devin Singletary, (he of the 66 career touchdowns in 3 seasons at FAU) should have a FIELD DAY IN CLEVELAND against the Browns’ terrible run defense. Singletary, who has been fighting a hamstring issue, is said to be near 100% in this game against the BROWNIES. AMAZINGLY, CLEVELAND (with just 2 wins this season) is a 2 and 1/2 point favorite in this game against the playoff-bound 6-2 Bills. ALL those liquored-up drunks in the DAWG POUND won’t be able to stop Buffalo’s multi-faceted offense. I look for the BILLS to pull the upset today 24-17.
    ——————–
    ANOTHER GAME where the spread makes NO SENSE AT ALL takes place in the other end of Ohio where the Baltimore Ravens (who recently bitch-slapped Tom Boy and his Patriots) come marching in to Paul Brown Stadium to play the hapless 0-8 BUNGLES!! The Ravens are ONLY FAVORED BY ABOUT 10 POINTS IN THIS hopelessly lopsided affair!! I smell a repeat of Baltimore’s opening day 59-10 slaughter of the Dolphins in Miami!!! OK, so the Bengals AREN’T as bad as the Dolphins.
    OR, are they???
    Make it Baltimore 41-7 as the Bengals take another step toward the 1st overall pick in 2020.

133. bailbondmike says:

I think Tua is a talented QB. He showed me a lot in the throws he made. The thing for me is he seems to look for the wide open guy unless it is a back shoulder or a deep 50/50 ball. In the first half, he really struggled as LSU was stunting and blitzing him and he didn’t have that time to find the wide open guy. Second half, LSU was not getting to him and he seemed to have 3-5 seconds most of the time to find the wide open guy and the come back was on. Many of those second half completions the WR had 4-5 yard separation (those passes were on the money though). I really didn’t see him make any tight widow throws again. Throws he will have to make in the NFL. Dude can sling that long ball with accuracy though.

For him, I hope he did not come back to soon. He was really limping after the game.

134. bailbondmike says:

QB Tua
    * RB Najee Harris
    * WR Devonta Smith
    * SS Xavier McKinney
    OLB/DE Anfernee Jennings
    * OT(LT) Alex Leatherwood

I was watching at work so I was not so much aware of how well the CB’s were doing.

ITS GAME DAY BITCHES!!
    GO Dolphins!

OD – He played that position in college at Bama. It’s one of the main reasons he was drafted by the Dolphins in the first place, it was his versatility. The day players start dictating where they play and why is the day the NFL dies man. I honestly don’t get how you don’t see that. He basically quit non his team, decided if he couldn’t play where he wanted to he didn’t want to be there. How can you defend that? What if you hired a person because of his knowledge of ancient Chinese coins and he told you after a year he want to only do American coins now and you didn’t have a need for that, what would you do? Would it be your fault for hiring him or his fault because he wanted to go to somewhere else?

Was playing like shit for us early this season too

But I do think they’re is room to argue that the coaches didn’t use him right. But even if that’s true. He had an opportunity to be used all over the place – I really thought that was a dream for a defensive player. Hearing him gripe about it surprised me. It wasn’t like they didn’t have him on the field.

• Phindog says:

We got a 1st for him so I’m cool with that. He missed a lot of tackles and got burned on routs playing for us. I’m glad he’s doing good in shitsburg. We will upgrade our roster .

Also keep in mind, 2 of his 4 INT’s were easy ones against us. The first one was a true gift, O-Leary practically bounced into his hands, the next one was a prayer thrown into double coverage and overthrown where he was. Sorry, I hope he has a shitty career, I really do. Fucking quitter!

137. Krishna says:

Piggy’s right….we can base our entire draft off that game or from those two teams. NFL caliber players.

Also, not nitpicking (maybe I am), Tua did not beat Georgia in the last SEC championship game, Hurts did. Tua actually got hurt (a recurring theme, it seems imo) and Hurts brought them back. And to be clearer, I don’t think I’ve bashed Tua, at all. I think I’m trying to see the “translatable/projects to the NFL” aspect of picking the next QB.

Also, Tua and Alabama emerged together. Meaning his first year taking over for Hurts, he opened up the passing game by throwing downfield and anticipating his WRs. Alabama all of a sudden became a passing team and no one was ready for that. Who knew? National championship year.

Last year, Tua’s biggest games were Georgia and Clemson. He was losing to Georgia when he got hurt. Hurts saved the SEC championship. Clemson won easily in the next game. No O from Alabama.

I was hoping Tua would emerge as a better QB, after 3 years. He did a little, but as I mentioned he seems limited to throwing 1-15 yard screens and slants and long balls to wide open NFL-type receivers covered by DBs who will never play in the NFL. That’s his game and he’s excellent at it.

Like Tua, Burrows has turned LSU into an offense to be reckoned with via the PASS over the last two years. However, Burrows, to me, seems like the better prospect to do well/translate/project to the NFL. I think he is tough, if not tougher/more durable than Tua and has a greater range of skills.

Neither will do well with our OL. Burrows handled Alabama’s pass rush better than Tua handled LSUs, imo, too.

Finally, not basing opinion on one game or stats. Just going on what my eyes see.

• Krishna says:

What was that movie with Clint Eastwood as a baseball scout? He wanted to see/scout with his eyes, not stats. Perhaps, I’m blind, too.

• Krishna says:

I would also like to see more of Herbert. I keep hearing about him in Oregon (?).

He’s worth checking out
        Right now I see 3 potential franchise QBs (Tua, Burrows and Herbert)
        A pretty “safe pick” in Fromme
        A guy I can really figure out but I’m skeptical about in Hurts
        And 2 guys that need a bit more work but have high ceilings in Love and Eason

Next year Sam Ehlinger and Lawrence joins the mix

• Krishna says:

I think your judging Hurts as a sophomore QB. He’s excelling at OU.

Man, the worst part of Getty my old, I mean after your body falling apart, Is no one understanding you’re popular references anymore. What’s Hogan’s Heros? SMH

MIKE E: YOU and I will just have to agree to disagree on Minkah. I completely stand by my previous assertion that Flores totally fucked up on this one. History will show that Minkah had a much more successful career in Pittsburgh than he did in Miami. And that will be mostly because the Steelers made better use of his special skills..

PS: VERY HAPPY FOR YOU, Mike, now that it’s obvious your switch to a different company was a great move for you. I know the feeling. I gave up a job as a CT Scan technologist to enter another profession I had a stronger passion for. It’s been the second smartest decision of my life.

My best decision was marrying Mrs. OD!!
      —————————-
      Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day. I have an 8:30 appointment with the surgeon who removed the large melanoma from my scapula. I have so many things to be thankful for! But I’ll take a few private minutes to remember my Army comrades who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

• Phindog says:

The kid no longer wanted to play for Miami. Asked to be traded and we got a 1st. Fuck him and the millennial hose he rode in on.

Goddamnit stop correcting my shit to be wrong!!!

Getting old

141. bailbondmike says:

Need Rams to show up against the Steelers. Skins got a bye week. Guess it is hopeless to think Bengals have a chance at home against the Ravens. Same with Falcons at Saints. Will pull for Bucs over Cards and Browns over Bills. Giants vs Jets – flip a coin.

November 10, 2019 at 12:47 pm (Edit)
    He’s worth checking out
    Right now I see 3 potential franchise QBs (Tua, Burrows and Herbert)
    A pretty “safe pick” in Fromme
    A guy I can really figure out but I’m skeptical about in Hurts
    And 2 guys that need a bit more work but have high ceilings in Love and Eason

Next year Sam Ehlinger and Lawrence joins the mix
    ——————-
    Exactly how I see it with actually Lawrence being the best prospect of all them in terms of pro potential

Tannehill sack fumble .. Whaaat ?!

Another thing I noticed in the LSU/ALA game yesterday was there weren’t many penalties.

Interesting fact about Lawrence
    As a freshman in high school he unseated the senior QB for the starting job
    Oof – that must have stung the senior

Speaking of Trevor Lawrence
    Did you see this of this girl imitating him…lol

Hmmm….what to do until 4pm

Watch the jests game to laugh at them or
    Play the new call of duty

CAll of duty it is

Q for your guys. One of my wife’s good friend’s Dad died yesterday. If you are her do you get on a plane for the funeral? My suggestion was do a long weekend with her like a month after.

149. Krishna says:

It depends on the friendship. A lifetime grew up friendship, I would get on a plane.

• Krishna says:

And she would probably know the dad if that were the case. Otherwise, if she never met the deceased, then, it comes back to the friendship.

They met in college and that was part of my point, about the Dad at least. Just think that long weekend would be better than being part of a service with the whole family together.

• Krishna says:

Then, she should feel comfortable asking her friend what she would want. I would be ok with that and might be grateful, too.

Thanks Krishna — ultimately up to her. And knowing her she will do both . Was just seeing the difference btwn being the one of many versus the one.

When my Mom died my best friend drove up from DC just for the funeral. I truly appreciated him doing that even though I didn’t get to spend that much time with him

151. TryPod says:

Stanger,
    FWIW, I think her friend would appreciate either/both gestures- even if they didn’t get to spend much time together during the mourning period, with all the planning and arranging.. but that’s just my opinion.

Thanks Try — maybe I’m a cold hearted bastard , but just don’t see the practical advantage of one more face at a big event. When I was getting divorced my phone blew up with people wanting to know the latest news. The friends I appreciate the most are the ones who called three months later to see how I was doing.

BBM : Falcons are taking it to Saints 20-9.. playing great D

Mahomes with a sick jump pass for a touchdown

Wow – the bengals are getting crushed by the ravens

Falcons beating the Saints.
    Jets up on the Giants (who only got 2 wins)
    And Phins could win today.
    Seems the draft order up top can’t be locked down as of yet.

Go Phins!!!!

Protect the ball gesicki

The receiver never has possession
    That’s an int

Also
    Who is Steven Parker?

What a pick!

A Patrick Laird sighting.

Holy shit a Laird catch !!

Some good endings to the early games

“I still think it was a touchdown”

SHUT UP FUCK WAD!

Announce the game. Keep your homerism to yourself.

Did Tannehill beat Mahomes? 😉

166. bailbondmike says:

Damn, we got the Packers game here. OH well

Jets beat the Giants? LOL

168. bailbondmike says:

Rams are up on Steelers!

it’s wrong of me, but I like seeing our guys hurt their guys when they try to tackle our guys. LOL

Ahhh, Tim, I bit on the QB winning thing…LOL

Laird !!

Toba, no it was a trade, so not comp ocks

Laird packs a punch in his running. He did that in the PS too.

A fullback I love it

That was a horrible throw

Going for it on 4th….. reminds me of going for 2 against the Skins.

• bookman11 says:

How so?

They want to play for sure, but maybe not so much worried about winning. Not exactly tank, but you get the idea.

obvious tanking…..

Nah! We’re 1-7. We went for it on 4th earlier on the drive so why not there? A FG there is no big deal at 6-0.

Well I at least disagreed with both calls. The go for it on 4th before put down to the field goal was too long.

• bookman11 says:

Stanger, I guess I don’t get the idea. Trying to score points when you can, D has been playing good, I like the call regardless of the state of the team. Plus, trying to instill confidence.

Up by 3 end of 1st Q…. take the other 3 from the 4. On the go for 2 at the Skins game had no doubt about. Was running to be fist in the bathroom before Pig said “they might go for 2.”

Confidence is exactly what we were doing. The play call was spot on but the pass got tipped and slowed the whole thing down or it was an easy TD.

This team is lacking talent overall but they look prepared.

I do remember some on here banging the table for Nelson

Wow – Jerome Baker

Baker is really fast for a LB.

Nice Blitz Baker!

NeedHAM!

Boom!

If we give up a safety here I may finally get my 3-2 score

Tannehill has won 3 of 4 starts for the Titans

Wow that was a good punt. you don’t see cover guys setting up and catching the punt like the intended returner much

That bust Wilkins didn’t help on the Baker blitz

Stanger, I guess I just see if differently than you, which is fine. I think Flores is trying to instill confidence and trust in these guys, while also trying to win the game. I like it.

Bust Wilkins with another stuff up the middle

November 10, 2019 at 4:57 pm

It was a joke. Try to keep up! LOL

I was talking about earlier today at the bar, the guy I’ve known for a while trying to rib me because he knows I was a Tannedefender. Wasn’t really commenting directly to anyone on here.

It’s fun to watch all the different blitzes this team throws at people

#47 is getting to the QB. No matter where he is! LOL

Lol @ that run by Hoyer
    Not even close

Biegel!!!!

We found ourselves one of those Pats type OLBs in Vince Biegel. This dude has game in the right role. He’s brings energy to the defense. He’s the one who was responsible for the last two stops.

Wait until he teams with VanGinkle!!! On Wisconsin!! But I am not partial at all…lol

Wow first penalty of the day. DISCIPLINE

So much easier to watch these games than when Gase coached this team
    The penalties under Gase were the worst