2021 Position outlook – WR

Since the Miami Dolphins own the #3 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, a lot of speculation has the Dolphins selecting Alabama WR Devonta Smith to add an important offensive weapon to help speed up the success of QB Tua Tagovailoa. While this is certainly possible, let’s take a look at who’s actually on the roster at this time and under contract in 2021.

DeVante Parker, Jakeem Grant, Preston Williams, Lynn Bowden and Malcolm Perry will all be returning players from this year’s roster. Two players who opted out due to COVID-19 are set to return, Albert Wilson and Allen Hurns. We sure could have used these guys this season. I’d be willing to bet that if we had Albert Wilson, the Lynn Bowden trade never happens. In any case, it’s good to have a young player like Bowden and I think he showed us some potential as well as some limitations. Allen Hurns is a solid possession type receiver who benefited greatly when paired with superstar WR Allen Robinson in JAX. Neither Wilson or Hurns are guaranteed a spot on this time, especially with the current youth movement, and although like I said, if Wilson was here, Bowden probably wouldn’t be here, he is, and now he threatens the possibility of Wilson coming back.

Let’s look at what our WR’s did this season statistically . . .

DeVante Parker – 63 / 793 4 TD’s 12.3 YPR

Jakeem Grant – 36 / 373 1 TD 10.4 YPR

Lynn Bowden Jr. – 28 / 211 0 TD 7.5 YPR

Preston Williams – 18 / 288 4 TD’s 16.0 YPR

Malcolm Perry – 9 / 92 1 TD 10.2 YPR

Isaiah Ford before and after he was a Patriot totaled 28 receptions for 276 yards and Mack Hollins had 16 catches for 176 yards, none bigger than the 41 yard completion from a twisting Ryan Fitzpatrick. As per the norm over DeVante Parker’s career as a Miami Dolphins, nagging injuries hampered him most of the season and as per usual, when healthy, he showed us just how good and dominant he can be. Just look at the numbers there and tell me we don’t need to make a serious investment at the WR position. Once again, we do have Wilson and Hurns potentially coming back next season but both are stopgap guys, and are not here for the long term. There’s not one player on this team at the moment that can be counted on for significant production. That’s a problem.

Devonta Smith, Ja’Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Rashod Bateman, Kadarius Toney and some other WR’s, we will be selecting at least one or maybe 2 in this draft. We also may look to FA which would then almost guarantee that at least one of the 2 returning WR’s from the COVID opt out won’t be back. We need playmakers, and my guess is we will be seeking a RB who can do that as well, but right now we’re discussing WR’s.

In the 2021 Free Agency class, the list is headed by guys we won’t be looking at. A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, T.Y. Hilton etc. We’re not going to pay that kind of money but a guy like WR Marvin Jones who played for the Lions and is 31 and should come in under $10M might be a target. He’s been good for 60-70 receptions and in the neighborhood of 700-1000 yards a season and close to 10 TD’s. I think we need consistency and Marvin Jones is that guy. There are a lot of other talented and younger WR’s available, like JuJu Smith Schuster but the cost will prohibit us from looking at them. A lot of who we look at will depend upon who is hired to be our new OC in 2021 as former OC Chan Gailey decided he’s had enough.

I’ll be looking at different segments of our roster each week, I just felt that Wide Receiver was so hot right now I may as well run with that. I suppose fro some of you readers I should be looking at QB’s next but sorry, not going there! I’ll probably look at RB’s next. After all, this is about getting Tua weapons to succeed, so the team succeeds, right?

GO DOLPHINS 2021!!!

1,054 Responses to 2021 Position outlook – WR

Good write — and WR was the exact right place to start. I think what we miss at times is that both Parker and Williams are real good receivers, with DeVante a legit #1. Problem is both are fragile. So when I look at the roster count them together as one wideout…. that both have the same build makes it easier.

But that means heck yeah we need another boundary guy. Would have for us to take two though. Get a 2nd WR should be a slot guy. And those come lower.

^ “Would haTe for us to take two”

The problem is Parker and Williams are too similar, they’re Fitz receivers and not Tua WRs. We need a WR that can actually get open. Smith is that guy.

When Tua had both he was good, but struggled with only 1 or none.

By the time Williams was gone and he just had Parker, Parker was already hurting with that hamstring so he was probably about 50% the rest of the season.

Randy says:
      January 14, 2021 at 1:13 pm

I’m beginning to look fondly on the days when the most controversial debate we had around here was whether or not Tanny sucked.

bookman11 says:
      January 14, 2021 at 3:06 pm

LOL!
      CavalierKong says:
      January 14, 2021 at 3:59 pm

LOL
      ————————————————————————————
      Uglier things got said in those debates.

We could run the old blog for politics and this one for football?

3. bailbondmike says:

I was talking about the Americans that signed affidavits to voter fraud.
    ————————————–
    Wyoming, there are those on the left and some on the right even who don’t want it looked into. If you think the riot on the capital was bad, just think if they looked into all these. Don’t know how many there are now but just a week after the election there were over 500 sworn affidavits alleging 11,000 incidents of various types of voter fraud. To include:
    – 60% of a batch of voter ballots had the same signature on them
    – 35 ballots counted despite not being cast by registered voters
    – 50 ballots were counted multiple times in a tabulation machine
    – one woman’s dead son somehow voted
    – Democrats handed out documents on how to distract Republican vote challengers

This is a huge one (On Jan, 7):

“It has now been confirmed that a signed, sworn affidavit was delivered to the U.S. Congress yesterday by individuals acting with an Italian defense company employee in which the employee confesses to manipulating votes in the U.S. election on Nov. 3.

The revelation was made by Maria Zack, Chairwoman of NationsInAction.org, a government accountability advocacy group in an interview with Debbie Georgatos from AmericaCanWeTalk.com posted yesterday.

“D’Elia has been deposed by the presiding judge in Naples and in sworn testimony states on 4 November 2020, under instruction and direction of US persons working from the US Embassy in Rome, undertook the operation to switch data from the US election of 3 November 2020 from significant margin of victory for Donald Trump to Joe Biden in a number of states where Joe Biden was losing the vote totals,” the affidavit signed by employee Arturo D’elio reads.

“Defendant stated he was working in the Pescara facility of Leonardo SpA and utilized military grade cyber warfare encryption capabilities to transmit switched votes via military satellite of Fucino Tower to Frankfurt Germany,” it continues.

“The defendant swears that the data in some cases may have been switched to represent more than total voters registered. The defendant has stated he is willing to testify to all individuals and entities involved in the switching of votes from Donald Trump to Joe Biden when he shall be in total protection for himself and his family. Defendant states he has secured in an undisclosed location the backup of the original data and data switched upon instruction to provide evidence at court in this matter.”

The fact that the affidavit was delivered yesterday afternoon before Congress voted on accepting Electoral College votes for an election accused of being fraudulent makes yesterday’s votes by members of Congress all the more remarkable.”

There was a video on Youtube but they removed it, of course.

I think it is just pathetic, just because your guy won, that you don’t think that each and every one of these affidavits should not be thoroughly looked into. I you don’t then you don’t care about this country or it’s future.

Stanger, when you say hate to take two do you mean draft 2 WR’s? We’re not going to spend two high picks on receivers but we could spend one high pick and a mid to late RD pick on another. We also need a RB.

Meant two boundaries. Got two of those already. Sign me up for a wideout and a slot though. Even if seems we got a bunch of slot types too…. so don’t see that as a need except for talent.

5. bailbondmike says:

Ooops, didn’t read you above before reposting this, but, oh well, fuck it. lol

Mike

I do think we will give a serious look at one of those WRs above. Imo the one worth looking at is Robinson . Not sure the rest are worth the price tag at this stage of their careers

I would prefer to use the draft – but I think our WR is so depleted, they may add a free agent

Robinson is going to get about$20M per. I don’t think we’re about that. A solid guy like Marvin Jones Jr. would be half that. Not saying it has to be Jones but the price for JuJu or Robinson is outrageous

My ideal scenario would be to trade down to maybe 8ish, getting a 2022 1st amongst other picks, then still getting Davonta Smith.

Taking him at 3 would work for 2021, but isn’t playing the draft game well.

I love all the media talk about our FO not being sold on Tua. They’ve started the game already making other teams think we want a QB. Only Lawrence would make them think about not going with Tua. Playing reverse psychology with these idiots is fun to watch.

I think it was a mistake to play Parker so much last season. He was obviously not 100% healthy. I know he felt he had something to prove, but it is just not a good idea to play on a bad hammy. It obviously affected his play, and it appears to just get worse as the year went on. He should’ve been sat down. I wonder, with time off to heal, if he can come back and perform at a higher level. I give him big props for playing hurt, but I’m not sure it was very smart.

I would love to add a veteran via free agency, but we could definitely trade a pick or two for a veteran. Surrounding Tua with rookies isn’t going to instantly raise his game. We need someone to move his development along, not learn with him.

11. Capt. Stubbs says:

A little late.
    However happy new year ALL!!!
    On the list above, I’m hoping Parker focuses a little more on stretching that hammy lol sorry pig! Then Burns and Wilson come back, with a possibility of a Devonta pick up with trade back in the draft not at 3

12. bailbondmike says:

Steve, I think trading down to 8 (Carolina, I think) would be a possibility. Especially depending on what the Jets do. However, moving down to #8 might cause us to miss out on Smith.

I would feel more comfortable moving to #5 with Bengals. They would want either Sewell or Jamar Chase. IMO

Again, things seem to really hinge on what the Jets do. Do they draft a QB or stay with Darnold? If they stay with Darnold, do they draft another OT in Sewell after drafting Becton last year? The Jets also need a WR but will probably take one with their second 1st. They could also trade down if they decide to keep Darnold.

Mike, good write. I also think Marvin Jones could be a target as a FA vet WR. It’s funny you mentioned him as I was just looking at FA WRs and he’s the one I thought made the most sense.

STUBBBBYYYYY !!! — Haven’t seen you since the first MobFest!!!
    DON’T be a stranger around here, please!
    ———————
    I AGREE with those saying a move down to 8 will cost us Devonta Smith.
    If we stay at 3, we’ll almost certainly get him. And I agree with Mike E. that drafting more weapons for Tua should be our #1 priority. IF either Parker or Williams come back healthy and ready to go, that will be a bonus.

Parker and Williams will come back healthy, the issue is will they stay healthy. We all know Parker has durability issues but Williams has had back to back season ending injuries to start his career.

15. bailbondmike says:

he’s the one I thought made the most sense
    ——————————————-
    As far as FA’s go, you guys are right. Good size and about same speed as a healthy Parker (lol). Not a burner but probably a better route runner than Parker. He would be an upgrade over Hurns but not sure about Parker and Williams. He has been consistent with his production not counting injury years. He’s 31yo so he may be looking for a good 2-3 year payday that might be to much for us. I wouldn’t pay more than 6 mil per year which is a little less than what Parker is going to get over the next 3 years.

D says:
    January 14, 2021 at 4:52 pm

Randy says:
    January 14, 2021 at 1:13 pm

bookman11 says:
    January 14, 2021 at 3:06 pm

LOL!
    CavalierKong says:
    January 14, 2021 at 3:59 pm

LOL
    ————————————————————————————
    Uglier things got said in those debates.

I was thinking about going after Smith-Schuster or Agholor in FA, still young, lots of potential, need a little bit a chance to do a short contract and re-up in FA, we could get them on a short contract, pay them decent but not special and see how things go.

What makes you think they’ll sign on the cheap short-term?

• ElephantRider says:

No to both for me. Smith Schuster is selfish, wont fit around here. Agholor, well there are already WRs here with no hands!
        Lol

ER, not a big fan of either of them either. Smith-Schuster and Agholor can both make big plays but they also disappear for stretches in games and from game to game. We need a Mr. Reliable like a Cole Beasley – get open, make the catch and get the 1st down. Tua needs some more guys like that. Look at what Diggs and Beasley have done for Josh Allen.

I would never want Smith-Schuster on my team. That dancing on the logo thing was about as dumb as a player can be without being criminal.

Captain!!! Wow, good to see ya man! Happy and healthy New Year to you sir! We’re definitely still crazy here, that’s for sure!

19. bailbondmike says:

TBH, only way I would sign a vet WR really is if it will be someone that would be an immediate upgrade over Parker like Smith-Schuster. With that said, if I signed one of them, I am trading Parker (and Grant) for a pick or player.

Then, I would draft Devonta Smith at #3.

Agholor would not be an upgrade. He was not that productive outside of the game against us. He had 4 receptions out of 11 targets for 38 yards vs the Jets. No thank you.

Kong, yeah Smith-Schuster’s nonsense doesn’t fit what we do here. What makes a guy decide that’s a good idea? SMH

Nice to see you Captain!

List of Dolphins OC interview candidates, per source

Dolphins RB coach Eric Studesville
    Dolphins QB coach George Godsey
    Clemson OC Tony Elliott
    Chargers QB coach Pep Hamilton
    49ers run game coordinator Mike McDaniel
    Steelers QB coach Matt Canada

— Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) January 14, 2021

• bailbondmike says:

I’m told the #Dolphins have reached out to Clemson OC Tony Elliott, as did the #Titans–just to gauge his interest–with current OC Arthur Smith interviewing for current HC vacancies. However, Elliott informed both teams he wants to stay at Clemson for the time being, per source.

It does say at the end, “for the time being”. Seahawks are also interested in him.

Parker – very good but durability issues hold him back.
    Williams – very good but can’t make it through a season in his young 2 year career.
    Grant – more of a specialty speed player but not a reliable WR.
    Bowden – the jury is still out.
    Perry – see Bowden.
    Hollins – very good STs player and a big and fast depth WR.
    Ford – an okay depth guy but replaceable.

*We’ll see what the status of Hurns and Wilson are in 2021.

Tua could use some stability and reliable moving forward. I like where we are at TE. I thought the entire group played well this year.

• ElephantRider says:

And 3 of those have no hands

Highly doubt Ford or Hollins will be on the roster come opening day.

I think most of them are pretty much depth guys. Parker was a pleasant surprise last season. But we really need a makeover at the position. A little more top notch talent at the position might make the rest of them better

Some won’t be on the roster next year but we need an upgrade badly at the position

I hope we can bring in 3 this offseason that push everyone down on that depth chart

I am looking forward to seeing who Flores picks as OC. I was not a fan of him picking Josh Boyer last season (who? I thought) shows how little I know. I hope the next OC brings the kind of energy and TEACHING that Boyer has.

Gailey was brought in because he’s an excellent teacher. Look at how many young players and rookies played on offense and did a solid job. We’re not there yet. Question his play-calling all you want but he’s a good coach specifically with young players. That’s why Flores talked him out of retirement, because he knew we’d be really young on offense and he wanted an experienced teacher. Look at how productive our TEs were with an OC that doesn’t utilize TEs. LOL

When we were all wondering who pur next HC would be after Gase, Flores was last on everyone’s list. Shows how much we know about asst. coaches. Let the pros make those choices. I remember people grilling the choice of Brian Daboll as OC back in the day and now he’s a hot candidate for a HC gig. We fans just look at stats when looking at coaches. There is much more to it than that.

Does he play WR? 😉

Neither Ford or Hollins are under contract for next season. I won’t be surprised if it stays that way.

BBM – Why does the guy have to be better than Parker if we bring in a vet WR? A guy like Marvin Jones Jr. who plays 16 games a season and does it well is good enough for me. I don’t know if I would say he’s better than Parker, but he did have at least 9 TD’s in half of the 8 seasons he played in. He only eclipsed 1000 yards once but he’s not the main guy. He was the #2 when Anquan Boldin was in DET and then again when Kenny Golladay came in. I think he’d be a help to our offense. The interesting thing will be whether either of Wilson or Hurns makes the roster.

29. bailbondmike says:

We can double down on WR but I am with those who would prefer Smith at #3 and another in 6th. There are a few I like in the 6th.
    Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa

Marquez Stevenson, Houston

Tamorrian Terry, FSU

Shi Smith, South Carolina

Wyo – An Antifa guy posing as a Trump protestor? No way! Can’t be!

31. ElephantRider says:

I purposely left it so everyone could talk among themselves about which 3. Lol

Tim – That’s funny that you thought of Marvin Jones Jr. I watched a lot of the Lions play because I had Stafford and Swift and I like the way he plays. He just quietly goes out and performs well, no muss no fuss. No fanfare from him, no diva.

You upgrade and/or replace Parker in the draft, not in FA.

There will still be good WR at #18 if they want to go that way
    Rashod Bateman Minnesota WR
    Rondale Moore Purdue WR
    Terrace Marshall LSU WR

Cav I hated to post that.
    But this morning it was a conspiracy for thinking that!

Congratulations on moving the needle from 100% trump supporters invading the capitol to 99.9%.

Maybe the authorities uncovered the magic flute he had to lead all the Trump supporters there too

It’s still a conspiracy
      And still absurd

I never said it wasn’t Trump supporters the breached the capitol.

But you said that it wasn’t BLM / Antifa.

It wasn’t BLM or antifa

It was mostly Trump supporters

Arresting one guy that wasn’t doesn’t change that

Because CNN says so doesn’t make it a conspiracy. 5 bus loads of Antifa showed up, they called them the special forces.

LOL, I get it. It would be naive to think there weren’t people from both sides in DC that day. It’s also naive to think anyone ‘made’ or ‘tricked’ Trump supporters into storming the castle.

The whole story shows the guy was telling people and reporters he was there and covering it like he has many protests. All he did was hurt his cause by being there, because all it takes is a seed of truth (he was there) to manipulate it into ANTIFA started the riot.

logic and reality!?!? LALALALALALALALALALAL CAN’T HEAR YOU! LALALALALALALAL

I don’t think it would take much to find a far right group that would hunt Pelosi!

But I digress.

Could you tell Piggy that I really don’t like being stuck in a bucket!

You weren’t stuck in a bucket WY

Stop being so defensive

The people there were obviously mostly Trump supporters
        It doesn’t follow that most Trump supporters invaded the capitol

Those are two much different things

An incitement of riot (or in this case insurrection) charge doesn’t require every person that agrees with the person charged to be driven to the riot. It just requires a group of people to act. It can be a small % . It’s not about trump supporters. It’s about the individuals who raided the capitol and whether or not Trump did enough to incite their acts (which I don’t want to argue with the blog)

I realize that some people think it’s condescending to think they can be influenced just bx they agree with somenone – but you are reading it wrong. It’s really not about you or people that share political ideology.

We would not have incitement charges In this country on any subject if it was necessary for every person to be subject to the influence juat bc they agreed with a person.

I’m not throwing you in a bucket. I’m not an idiot. I do not accept that all Trump supporters think exactly alike or are under some kind of spell

But I do not accept the idea that capitol invasion last week was not mostly Trump supporters

It’s not a reflection on Trump supporters. It’s a reflection of those that entered the building.

So it went from .01% Antifa to mostly Trump supporters. Its not who was there, if both groups were, its what they did. Surely you saw the video of Antifa breaking the windows and Trump supporters calling them out and stopped them.

Woohoo hockey is back !!!

Hope that works was a very interesting article , mirroring a lot of thoughts here .. written prior to Gailey leaving and the Watson dynamic added in ..

Nice article Mike E

The problem is every protest that became violent has accused the other side of having agitators involved to ruin their message. That’s what is friggin happening. The radicals are controlling the narrative and people who are trying to be moderate get caught in the crossfire.

MANITOBA: I WATCHED a lot of the Jets first period match against the Calgary Flames. It was nice to see Patrik Laine score a goal. But I was surprised that Conor Hellebuyck gave up 3 goals in one period to those Cowboys from Alberta. Oh, well, it’s STILL very early in the season. But the shortened season (56 games vs. 82) places a bigger emphasis on a fast start.
    ——————-
    Mrs. OD and I survived another day “In the Bunker” with the Covid virus. She seems a bit more fatigued than I am. But tomorrow is another day. A workout on her knee exercises is on the docket. She probably WON’T be in the best of humor when the exercises are over. But she also knows those exercises are the key to her getting her life back.
    ——————
    Tomorrow is a special day in my life. I’ll tell you more tomorrow.

• manitobafinfan says:

You guys stay safe … Hellebuyck looked uncomfortable, especially going side to side a couple times.. on the Tkchuck goal he had no chance .. as I type Tied at 3 .. woot woot

• manitobafinfan says:

I was expecting today to be a special day in yer memory banks, but I am sure it is related so I will defer…

January 14, 2021 at 9:13 pm
    You weren’t stuck in a bucket WY

———————————————————————
    If you would have said this this morning, you would have saved me from writers cramp! 😉

Spot on, Tim.

That is exactly it, the radicals have had the microphone for years now. Both sides have radical elements. IMO, the moderate supporters of both sides need to clearly align themselves separately from the radicals. Don’t make excuses for them and don’t let them define your camp. Define the lines separating the ideological beliefs, and the way you pursue that belief, clearly and distinctly.

I’ve said before, most of my family support Trump. They aren’t insurrectionists or violent people, lol. It’s hilarious to even make that comparison in my mind.

My best friends are liberals, they don’t riot, steal, and burn down buildings, LOL, that is even funnier.

It’s frustrating that every event that happens gets boiled down in this manner. The argument loses its coherency and meaning before anything can be truly discussed. It just turns into finger pointing and accusations that should really be directed against these radical elements

Our leaders don’t help. A large portion of them incite. I think the question of Trump inciting is a very legitimate one. Anyone who saw that speech and the resulting action can reasonably have that takeaway.

And I think conservatives or Trump supporters are correct in pointing out hypocrisy when showing the liberal leaders who came out in ‘support’ of rioting during the summer. It’s the same effing thing. As much as I personally hate Trump, I haven’t heard a good argument that differentiates what he did vs what those democrats did. I think those leaders during the summer were wrong, and I think Trump was wrong.

If that was an insurrection, it was the lamest insurrection in the history of insurrections. Who ever heard of insurrectionists calmly leaving when politely asked? No weapons, just a bunch of morons suffering from mob-induced hysteria.

For those who hold that it was different than other recent riots because it was the Capital, I wonder if the people whose businesses were looted and burned see the difference. I’ll bet the Capital has insurance tho, so it’s all good.

All of it is absurd. What are we living in caves? We allow radicals to control the conversation. This is going on two decades now. Since 9/11 a lot of rebel voices got loud.

• pheloniusphish says:

And it’s not over. It is going to get worse.

I find it sad. With all the amazing things that happen in this world on a violent planet with the blessing of existence as humans, something we humans can’t control, we choose to bicker about such petty things in the world’s most diverse and free land.

I think the human condition is a hope for utopia. It will never happen. Make the best of it. The clock is ticking.

I think ‘mob induced hysteria’ is a good way to describe it. And the rioters are being charged appropriately. Nobody is being charged with treason or insurrection, lol.

People take pics of themselves in congressional halls. Look at me, I’m the definition of idiot. WTF is going on?!!!!

My wife and I watched pretty much all day, from Trump’s speech, to when the crowd moved up the steps and into the building, through the next few hours.

We were actually half laughing in disbelief at how surreal it was. When people were going through the antechamber to get into the cloak room, they were strolling along taking pictures like they were on a field trip, lol. If I didn’t know better, I’d think some of them thought they were invited. It was weird.

Whatever name you want to call it, tribal or cult etc., that’s what we’re dealing with today. Moderates feel like they’re targets. One way or the other, man, or ma’am. We must remain politically correct or nobody could possibly get what you’re saying. But I get that too. Let’s become more balanced. Just tired of people telling me/us what that is. We as a people always work it out.

Laine with the OT winner woot woot

I’m curious to see how my Blues look this year. I think our window is closed. I’m not complaining though.

• manitobafinfan says:

Well ya got a cup out of it anyway..
        I haven’t looked at the entire league set up this year .. I heard the “Canadian division” supposedly puts the winner into the finals ?? If that’s the case doesn’t seem fair although it favours my team.. the other 25 teams only put one in ?? I’m assuming I should look a bit more into it …

VERY IMPRESSIVE come-from-behind victory for your Jets, ‘Toba!! My #1 star goes to Hellebucyk, who shut out, or should I say “Shut-OOOT,” the Flames over the last two periods plus the overtime! Overall, a gutsy win for Winnepeg!
      OOOT for tonight!

• manitobafinfan says:

Thanks OD, he settles down. I let after a shaky looking start , and Laine was lights out , hope this ends the trade talks

Toba,

I assume the season will be shortened since it’s starting so late, but I haven’t seen or read anything about this year’s set up either. I didn’t even know the season had started, lol, so I appreciate you mentioning it. The Blues are 1-0, lol.

• manitobafinfan says:

Well there ya go 😊… I think it’s about a 56 game season as opposed to usual 82 … I will find .. hold please

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the regular season has been reduced to 56 games and began on January 13, 2021. Due to COVID-19 cross-border travel restrictions imposed by the Canadian government, the league temporarily realigned for this season, putting all seven Canadian teams into one division. The playoffs are then tentatively scheduled to run from May until July under a 16-team format with the top four teams from each division.

Cheers, Toba.

So does that mean teams won’t be crossing the border?

I was just reading our first game against the Avalanche, we had a player who couldn’t play because of VISA issues.

• manitobafinfan says:

Canadian teams will not be playing games vs US teams correct .. your player with the Visa issue is weird , unless he is a non American maybe ??

Ahh, I see now what you mean about having a better chance to get to the Finals. With a 7 team ‘division’ that provides one finalist, it shortens the odds.

• manitobafinfan says:

I misunderstood, I thought 1 of our 7 was into finals, and one of 24 US made it , but no ..so we have a SLIGHT advantage as we are only division NOT with 8 teams

Gotcha

3 Columbus Blue Jackets 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    4 Dallas Stars 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    5 Detroit Red Wings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    6 Florida Panthers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    7 Nashville Predators 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    8 Chicago Blackhawks

The top four teams in each division will qualify for 2021 playoffs under this season’s temporary realignment. The first two rounds of the playoffs will be played under a pure divisional format, with the first-place team in each division playing the fourth-place team, and the second-place team playing the third-place team. The winners of those series will then play each other in the second round. The four teams that then advance to the third round, dubbed the Stanley Cup Semifinals, will be re-seeded based on regular season points. All rounds will be best-of-7.[66]

East and west look Really tough … central looks like a cakewalk for Tampa

53. ElephantRider says:

If they want this vaccine rolled out quickly and efficiently…..put the person in charge at chick-fil-a to do it. We’d all have them in a month.

Copied from last blog. Just so you know how I think and my policies will be when I run.

ER 2028

I don’t understand the Chick Fil A rollout ? 🙁

“A lot of attention gets paid to Tua, but I thought he made a lot of improvement over the course of the season. I’m excited about the future with him,” Flores told ESPN. “He’s a young player, talented player, bounced back from the hip. I think this is a big offseason for him. That Year 1 to Year 2 jump will be important, like it is for all rookies.”

“Criticism comes with the territory in the NFL across the board. Our team did a good job ignoring that stuff. Anyone who saw the Dolphins this year saw we were a tight-knit group and I think that’s still the case,” Flores said. “The idea that there is any kind of fracture is overblown. I thought there was a lot of support throughout the locker room.

“My message to the team has been to ignore the noise and the people inside the building are going to tell the truth to you. Without all the information, how do you make any determination about what’s going on?”

“We learned that he’s healthy. He still has a lot of his mobility. He’s accurate. In the Arizona game, he brings us back in the fourth quarter. He brought us back in the Kansas City game. He also didn’t play as well in other games. He had some bright spots and not-so-bright spots. That’s the life of a rookie,” Flores said. “If he continues to learn, study, stay healthy, get stronger, work on his footwork and his eye progression and pick up where he left off, then I think we’re going to be happy with his improvement.”

• ElephantRider says:

This going to be his audition next year. He’ll have the entire offseason now, unlike last year. He’s a hard worker and grinder, so I’m pretty confident he’s going to get better.
        I’m guessing Grier will have a plan to be loaded up for a move in the next next draft if needing QB tho.

This is an interesting article from the standpoint of how we are viewed in other team circles. This is a Steelers-centric website that is putting forth their current QB coach might be more interested in being our OC than the Steelers OC. It’s nice to see things like this even though it is nothing more than speculation.

I wasn’t aware of Smith-Schuster’s shit, id probably agree not to look at him know that now, but because of his down year, i think he would come on the cheap since he really didn’t justify a big contract, and a lot of guys are option for 1-2 year prove it deals that will allow them to bounce back, get their numbers up and hit FA the next year to get a bigger payday. I think Agholor is in the same boat, he still hasn’t a year that will vault him into a top pay day, so give him something moderate in length and money, incentivize it, but also leave it kinda short for his benefit and ours.

I hope Tua gets me to like him! Work hard kid.

Screw Pete! Come to Miami!

work with Russell Wilson or Tua? I know who I’d pick.

Your nose? 😉

The better QB by FAR, cannot be argued without looking like a retard homer

It’s less risky to work with the established QB

But some coaches actually enjoy working with a raw product

I think for an HC, it’s nice to have a pro bowl QB ready when you get there, but for an OC, you do get to install your offense instead of working your offense around the player.

Things like chemistry with the HC and how much freedoms they give you are probably really important too

In Lynn’s case, he went to LA with Philip Rivers in place so he’s worked with vets before and it didn’t work out for him

Sorta nice to have our cap money going to players who are actually on the roster.

2019 dead cap: $66.9M
    2020 dead cap: $37.2M
    2021 scheduled dead cap: $490,085

Chiefs signed Antonio Callaway to a reserve-futures deal.

Doesn’t shit that’s been said around here a ton just always sound so much better and logical when Flores says it? Lol

Today is my birthday! And, next Monday, is “Citizenship Day” for your’s truly. It’s the 60th anniversary of becoming a citizen of the United States!! As luck would have it, I was sworn in as a citizen at almost exactly the same time President Kennedy was sworn into office.
    ——————
    Today’s itinerary includes phone calls from my family, a steak dinner, and a Lightning hockey game!!
    Lucky me!!

Happy B-Day OD!

OD

I haven’t mentioned it yet, but I hope you and Mrs.OD feeling better and navigating this covid bs as best you can. Looking forward to watching a Dolphin Super Bowl with you guys in the next couple of seasons. Oinks to you both.

Happy Birthday OD!!! Enjoy the steak and hockey game tonight!

Rock – I just started book 2 of the Firemane saga (Feist)

how is it so far? I haven’t picked up he Firemane Saga yet. I went back and started reading the WOT (Jordan) in October and I am slogging through those 14 books now, I love Jordan but, similar to my opinion of Tolkien he drags on sometimes. I could Edit the WOT series down to 8 books without missing a beat LOL

Firemane is set in a completely new universe isn’t it?

it is quite a slog, literally 2 feet thick

LOL, you could basically drop Winter’s Heart and Knife of Dreams from the series almost entirely and not miss much.

I am stuck in crossroads of twilight. At the end of Winter’s Heart Rand cleanses the source in a “cliff hanger” where in one chapter tons of important characters show up and battle / die in rapid succession and then he didn’t circle back to it in Crossroads for 2/3’s the book.
        I really can’t bring myself to give a shit about a black ajah’s problems.

There are whole story lines that could be dropped from the series and it would actually improve the story. Spending chapters following random Seanchan blows too.

Stanger,
    Our record was definitely better than the team we had. We are still building this thing.

I don’t agree with that. We were competitive in every game but the first and the last. We wiped the floor with the bad ones and we wiped the floor with a couple of good ones. The only game we really got exposed in was game 16

Good season either way. And more troops are coming. Plus all those young guys will naturally be getting better.

71. Rhino says:

manitobafinfan says:
    January 14, 2021 at 11:32 pm
    I don’t understand the Chick Fil A rollout ? 🙁
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

That’s because y’all call it “Chick-fil-EHHH”

I don’t expect our schedule next year to be so brutal

We have a quite a few warm weather games
    And games within the state (Tampa and Jax as well as our home games)

When we ply in Buffalo it should be early in the year with the later game being in Miami (we flip from last year)

So while I agree we overachieved this year and our record is probably better than our roster – we have a schedule that might continue that trend

Maybe next year we can take it to 12 or 13 wins
    (Piggy licks his chops)
    Maybe even 14 or more

Happy Birthday, OD!

Happy BD OD. Hoping the best for you and the missus.

Olddolphan gets older, happy Birthday pal.
    Kick the covids ass
    Two days ago was 47 years to the day of the ‘73 SB win
    Yesterday was 48 years to the day of ‘72 undefeated win
    Today is 75 years to the day for you lol
    Happy Birthday 🎂 🐬🍺💥

HAPPY B-DAY, MR. CAMPBELL!!!
    May you and the Mrs. feel better soon!!!

Piggy I plan to go to all 3 Florida stadiums I just hope the Tampa game isn’t a prime time game. Jax blows so I’m fairly certain that will be a Sunday game. Jax is an easy drive for me.
    Then the Fest game of course I’m looking forward to that sucks we had to miss a year.

The quinella though would be also going to freakin New Orleans as well, you should flap your little piggy wings and meet me there 😉

Stanger in Tampa next season?
    BbM in Jax?
    Stubbs returns to the Fest?
    All you Texas and Panhandle area guys NO? Jax? Fest?

I could probably do a NO trip.

It’s about 4 hours.

Piggy, HTF are you able to like your own back? WOW yoga must be paying off for you.

Piggy licking his own chops

Gordon is approaching Cecil Collins territory.

“Last month, Seahawks wide receiver Josh Gordon was conditionally reinstated…..Gordon’s conditional reinstatement has been rescinded and he is now suspended indefinitely again”

Well Cecil Collins was doing weird things like breaking into women’s apartments while they were sleeping, he had mental issues. Gordon just continues to prove he’s not willing to grow up and be a pro. How many chances has this guy gotten?

Rock – It’s hard to get back into. I feel like all his series are interspersed in my head, I’m trying to figure out which characters are who and where they’re from. It’s been a while since the first book so I’m only a few pages in and it’s difficult to discern if I should know the character they’re going into depth with or not. I liked the first book, I’m sure this one will be good as well. There’s always a smith, a king and then everyone else. lol

I HIT 100 degrees on the thermometer today for the first time. Now I’m down to 99.7 and it’s been almost a week since I had my first symptoms. I’m telling you those thermometer tests you take at conventions and meetings WILL NOT screen out a lot of those who are Corona positive!!
    ——————–
    Lightning and Black Hawks face-off in about 15 minutes. It’s been a nice, if somewhat checkered, birthday.
    ——————–
    MRS OD and I want to thank each and every one of you for your best wishes!! It really means a lot, especially if you’re fighting the Covid!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

• ElephantRider says:

Agreed. They are better off with a smell test too. Not everyone loses smell or catches fever, but….

Hope you start feeling better OD. Don’t forget to eat! Keep your strength up.

Some Friday Night Jazz Fusion. RIP Allan Holdsworth. One of the best guitarists to ever walk the planet. Not sure he was even from this planet.

If there are fans at games, I will consider any of the ones have mentioned. Didn’t get to vacation much in 2020 and carried over an extra week this year. Never been to Jax or NO. Tampa would be a no brained for me.

(Note to self- create playlist of Grease soundtrack for when Bookman rides with me)

My prediction is the Tampa, NO, or Jax game will be Thursday night game, primarily for 2 reasons: short travel on a short week, and we always seem to play on the road on Thursdays.

I have always had a special place in my heart for Olivia Newton John

LOL @ Bookman

I’m here to chew bubblegum and talk football… and right now, I’m all out of bubblegum.

LOL, one of my favorite movie lines ever. (RIP Rowdy Roddy) Underrated movie. One of the all time fun fight scenes between Roddy and Keith David.

Kong, those of us born in the 60’s and dig music, it was so expansive. I’m not sure how to explain it.

The Tampa Bay Lightning close out the two game series against the Black Hawks with a convincing 5-2 victory. Two nights ago, the Bolts bombed the Hawks 5-1. IF you allow a team with the Beast defense man on the planet (Victor Hedman) and the best goalie on the planet (Vasilevskiy) to average 5 goals a game, you will be in REAL TROUBLE!! (“Beast” defense man is not a misprint).

Don’t get me wrong. This team can still be derailed by injuries, poor play or questionable coaching. But, right now, I believe the Lightning are the team to beat in the National Hockey League. When Nikita Kucherov returns from hip surgery for the playoffs, the Lightning will already be truly focussed on another Stanley Cup Championship.
    —————————-
    PRETTY NICE DAY for Great Grandpa today. Even the Corona virus couldn’t spoil the day!!
    THANK YOU ONE and all for your kind words of encouragement!!

That’s cool. I thought he kind of fell off because he didn’t get many sacks the last 6 games or so. Unless he did all that damage before.

96. twicethethe says:

Thanks for the Allan Holdsworth post Tim – some seriously complex runs he’s doing there…and I can definitely hear some of the influence he had on Joe Satriani on Satriani’s stuff.

Allan had his own way of looking at chord voicings so when he did solos you see and hear that. He was also influenced by the great jazz sax players which you can also hear.

Late Happy Birthday OD!! Hope you’re through the worst of the Covid stuff now.

On to football, I wouldn’t touch Watson with a 100 yard pole now. To think, as a player, that you get to decide who gets hired, fired, interviewed, paid, etc is the epitome of selfish and entitled. I don’t care about talent. Belichick won with less and I’d do anything to keep that kind of cancer out of my locker. Keep that turd in Houston! Give me Tua any day and all day.

I’m not going to defend Watson on this but I think it’s possible that ownership promised him he would have an input and then didn’t make that happen. I don’t know if he even asked for it.

Think it the NBAing of the NFL to a certain extent , but it is not unprecedented either. Belick and Brady reportedly had meetings with Kraft where they stated their case on this or that and the owner decided. One was about Garoppolo. Evil G wanted to keep him and Tommy B did not. We know who one on that one.

• New Age says:

Brady was asked for input on another QB. Watson wants to decide GM, HC, WR, RB, etc, etc. That’s clown shoes. He’s not qualified for one thing. He’s on a TEAM for the other. Selfish and entitled young man.

“The black leather jacket and skin-tight pants worn by singer and actress Olivia Newton-John in the movie “Grease” sold for $405,700 at a 2019 auction,” what was in the pants not included.

Stanger – If the NFL becomes too much like the NBA I may just stop with football altogether. I don’t think it will because teams are much bigger in the NFL so even a few superstars don’t guarantee anything like they do in the NBA.

Could not agree more — too many guys on the field to go complete NBA. LeBron or MJ in their primes have twice as much impact on a given game than whoever you think the best NFL player ever. Why I said to a “to a certain extent.”

Bookman turned this blog into a Grease fan sight!

Frrigg’n $240 mil. Hope David keeps backup records on his passwords.
    ———————————-
    We’ve all been there – brain fog makes us forget our password and after eight frantic attempts, we have just two left. That’s the situation for programmer Stefan Thomas but the stakes are higher than most – the forgotten password will let him unlock a hard drive containing $240m worth of Bitcoin.

Mr Thomas, who lives in San Francisco, was given 7,002 bitcoins as payment for making a video explaining how cryptocurrency works more than a decade ago. At the time, they were worth a few dollars each.

He stored them in an IronKey digital wallet on a hard drive. And he wrote the password on a piece of paper he has lost. After 10 failed attempts, the password will encrypt itself, making the wallet impossible to access.

I really enjoyed watching this team develop last year. It wasn’t complete, but it was darn close. If we can see some improvement from Tua and the offense overall…and the defense takes another step forward in some areas, I think it will be a successful year.
    ***
    I always want to win the division first before I start talking about the playoffs…but with the Bills it may be tough to win the division. Either way, I focus on winning my division. If you end up with a WC spot, then great. If we can compete with the Bills, we should be able to compete with most teams. If we can’t, then we’re probably just not good enough yet anyway. The Bills are good, but they are beatable, for sure.

New Age,

Normally I’d agree with what you are saying in the Watson situation, but I just feel this is a bit different (just my take, doesn’t mean I’m right). That team has been a big top of circus moves, and it’s my understanding Watson only started making these demands after O’Brien traded away everything and basically ruined that team. I think he doesn’t want to watch his whole career go down the drain stuck on a team doing stupid stuff.

If a trade were a reality, it’s easy enough to have that conversation before trading for him. “You understand you aren’t going to have any say in personnel decisions, right?” If he isn’t fully on board with that, then it’s a no deal.

Lol Pig, sorry, resume normal programming, although I will say, for me Olivia Newton John/Grease is much better non football conversation than politics

I hate the Packers, but nice to see and be able to hear the fans

Dolphins had the same amount at HardRock. But was clear to me they still piped in the fan noise per NFL rules. Guessing that was louder.

• bookman11 says:

Lambeau is louder than Hard Rock, and IMO so are the fans. Packer fans are rabid, because it is all they have Lol.

Never been to a Packers game, but would be stupid of me to argue that one. Normal Dolphins game 1/4 to 1/3rd of the people in the stands are wearing the other team’s jersey. Help’s the local economy though.

• bookman11 says:

The atmosphere is really hard to explain. You have to experience it.

Billy Turner starting for the Packers at LT

Bookman, I’m a big fan of Grease too. My middle daughter exists because her mother and I had a shared ‘Grease’ thing, lol. I don’t subscribe to that theory, but it’s a fun one to dive into if your a fan of Grease.

Boookman — wasn’t Packers but remember one game against the Bears. OD’s section gets a lot of visiting fans cause it is stubhub prime. The frick’n Bears fans stood the whole time. We kept yelling “sit the F down” but eventually gave up. Afterwards figured out they do that cause what they are used too. How you stay warm for a home game in Chicago.

I’ve always wondered about the etiquette in those situations. I’ve only been to one game at Candlestick and it wasn’t an issue. It sounds like it may vary depending on the stadium you’re in.

Can least tell you how works at Hard Rock. You stand on big plays and key situations. Otherwise…. the seat is there for a reason. But then Dolphins fans are known for being laid back.

• bookman11 says:

Could have been what they are used to.

Rodgers is so good. This game is flying by.

This game is over

Been to Lambeau ( thank you Bookman), Minnesota, Candlestick, Hard Rock once or twice 😉, and Foxborough.. got yelled at a bit at Candlestick to sit down and shut up , Pats fans were pelting me with shelled peanuts to the point one of their fans beside me piped up and told them to knock it off as we were losing, I was mind you wearing my Foam deflated football hat the year after deflate gate.. so I kinda asked for it , but it also gave a lot of protection from peanuts as well .. Vikings fans and Packers were fun to razz with , was always in good fun …

• bookman11 says:

I kind of feel bad we had such good seats at the Packer game. I hope you didn’t feel cheated from the full experience

Kong

I heard that fan theory before about Sandy’s death before. The idea is that she drowns when they first meet and ten whole movies is what she experiences before her death

The lyrics for summer nights mentions that they meet at the beach and she nearly drowned

And then the movie ending is super ridiculous with the car flying into the clouds

It’s not a crazy theory if you ask me, but I love crazy interpolations of movies.

You can’t tell me a car flying into the sky makes any sense though

Another good fan theory is about Donnie in the Big Lebowski being a figment of Walter’s imagination (a flashback from Vietnam)

Which is why he always yells “shut the fuck up Donnie” when every Donnie begins to speak – bc it’s like he is trying to silence the voices in his head so he doesn’t go crazy

I love the crazy fan theories

Good game.

Rams took a page from the Fins playbook on that 2 pt conversion.

I feel like a big play from Davante Adams is coming.

Those are pretty cool fan theories and I had no clue it was even a thing.

I want to build the suspense a little before I mention the home alone fan theory….home alone actually has many fan theories that are pretty funny

But my favorite revolves around home alone being the prequel to another series of films….

If you know the answer, don’t day it.

But I would love to hear some guesses

I was kinda meh about Home Alone and never watched the sequels, so I have no clue.

I looked it up, but won’t give it away. All I can say is that is awesome, LOL.

I’m impressed with the Rams resilience. I’ve thought this game was over 2 or 3 times.

Piggy, have you read the theory that Jar Jar Binks was actually an evil villainous mastermind? Weak theory or not, I love that idea, because that character suuucked, lol.

Game over

Okay

I will say the Home Alone fan theory….

The theory is that Kevin in the Home Alone movies grows up to be….

….

Jigsaw from the Saw movies

LMAO

The traps he sets in the Home Alone movie are actually very lethal and would kill many people

And so his experience in torturing the “wet bandits” gives him a taste for sadistic murder with traps And he grows up to be a psychopath

Bookman : no did not feel cheated at all , not sure if the wife could have handled “ the Lambeau Experience “ would have been nice if could have sat together with ER and his family as well, but fully enjoyed the experience, and rubbing our seats in the face of a good friend here who is a huge Packers Fan .. he was extremely jealous of the seats …

Piggy,

Jar Jar was the secret weapon of the Emperor or perhaps even controlled him as the senior member. He was the one who initiated the no confidence vote and used mind manipulation to great effect. He was a secret force user who used a ‘drunken monkey’ type combat to look like he was lucky in battle, but it was actually very calculated. There’s more, but I can’t remember it all. lol

Rock, completely agree. Just a horrendous character.

Part of the theory was that Lucas said the prequels would mirror the original series and Binks was originally gong to secretly be that character. There are certain hand gestures and feats of agility Binks enacts that lend a bit of credence to it.

Supposedly, the fan reaction was so bad after the first movie, that he decided to just make him as stupid as he appears and fans then turned it to the theory of evil Binks

I left a bit out of one sentence. The mirror thing was there would be a a yoda like master and Jar Jar was going to be that character.

I have to say that I do find it funny that so many of you are into science-fiction and fantasy, when the real world is exactly that. LOL

My Please God Make it Not Happen Super Bowl would be Bills vs Brady …

Based on who is left , I’d be happy with a chiefs/Saints or Chiefs/ Packers game

I’d like to see the Packers win a good game against the Chiefs.

I really don’t like any of the NFC teams bc it’s just a lot of QBs who should retire

I was listening to sport talk radio and they were saying how exciting it would be to see Brady v Rogers and how good it is for the game and I was like

🤮🤮🤮

I’m sorry but I think Brady back in the football is next level boring

Rodgers should retire? I think he’s the best QB on the planet. Brady and Brees are still savvy vets. Mahomes and Allen are the next wave.

I’m at my breaking point as Dolphin fan.

I hate any QB that has had success over the last couple of decades….lol

I just don’t want him having the 1st home team Super Bowl QB label , nevermind have him actually win it … if he were not on the team I would be all over TB winning

Which team do I hate more tonight?

I would rather Brady plays at home in the Super Bowl than the Packers getting there.

I hate to say it but of the two, I’d rather see Bills win. I hate the Ravens. I like Josh Allen. 😍

I hate the Bills more… daughter’s stoner BF is a Bills fan , and I still hate the memory of Jim Kelly’s Bills costing us Marino’s best years

My feeling is still sore from the butt-kicking we suffered to end the season. I have to root for the Ravens in this game.

Normally once teams I like are eliminated I cheer for teams that haven’t won before.. this year those choices are down to Bills and Browns , and really can’t cheer for Buffalo , Cleveland just annoys me .. I do like Andy Reid and Mahomes , and I also like Brees

I think I’m going with the Browns for now. Not saying that’s how I think it will play out. but who Id rather see win.

The Allen flop lol

The Progessive becoming your parents commercials are hilarious……and true, at least for me, I can relate

Bills a team of destiny this year

Holy hell tucker !! Got money on the Bills ??

This game is boring as shit right now

Jackson really is crap if you limit his running game.

Ravens totally imploding lol

I can’t stand Collingsworth

Big redzone possession for the Ravens right here .

I’d say that is the game. No way the Ravens can score 2+ tds

Wow implosion indeed .. WTF happened to Jackson at the end ?

Well, I wanted the Bills to lose, but I must say I am enjoying watching the Ravens fall apart.

Uh oh Bills in trouble now , we saw this before

Fuck the Ravens. Only team I hate more than the Ravens is the Patriots, and their suckitude has lessened that some

We’re witnessing the rise of a new dynasty in the AFC East.

For those rooting for injuries Jackson is done

M – They’re the top dog in the AFC East but dynasty is a little much considering this is their first division title a d honestly nothing about this team makes me think they can’t be knocked off next season

You either outscore them or add closing speed defenders, maybe a mixture of both. 🙂

We know we have to make it difficult for Josh Allen. Keep that in mind when slobbering all over WRs in the draft. LOL

153. bailbondmike says:

Mixed emotions here. Loved seeing a Ravens beat down but now hate to see the Bills win.

Woohoo my Nightmare SB matchup is still alive 🤬

Piggy,

Really cool fan theory!

Mike E,

Thanks for all the articles every week. I agree that we need some playmakers.

Good article about how terrible our WR group was. Guys who didn’t want to play or were injured. Same old story so time to get some of them the pink slip.

Time for some new troops for sure. Whether we keep a lot of the guys like Wilson and Hurns might depend on the cap hit though.

BTW — Kyle Crabbs has become my favorite guy who writes on the Phins. Lots of good analysis and stats . Steal from him and put out on the board all the time.

• New Age says:

Yeah, I think he’s become my favorite as well. Like you said, lots of stats and analysis with none of the extra stuff.

WENT TO SLEEP last night at halftime with the score 3-3.
    MY dislike of both franchises, mixed with the totally
    unacceptable playing conditions, made me lose interest.
    This game SHOULD have been rescheduled for either a day earlier
    or a day later when 40-50 MPH gusts were not in evidence.
    Oh, well, what do you expect from Buffalo in mid-January?
    ONLY the North and South Poles are less hospitable IMHO.
    —————————-
    I STILL favor going all BAMA in round one.
    SMITH with #3 and Harris or BARMORE at #18.
    —————————
    MRS OD and I are still struggling with this damned COVID.
    Pasco County (population over 600,000) just innoculated
    it’s FIRST 500 seniors in the eastern 2/3 of the county. 2nd shots
    ARE NEEDED but UNAVAILABLE. And all of the websites are
    still CRASHED with no date known when they’ll be back online!
    FUCK THE WEBSITES!! Lets open up all the big stadiums and
    staff them with militray and civilian personnel and put the needles
    into the arms as soon as the doses arrive!!

New Age – My pleasure my man! Thanks for coming here

YOUNG STANGER: Mrs. OD feels worse than she did 2 days ago. Guess I feel a tad worse b/c I’m coughing more. CAN”T IMAGINE how much worse this would be if I was a smoker!!

As my Mom used to say “sending you white light.” And we’ll see what happens to a smoker if I ever get it. 🙂

I’m so against bringing Deshaun Watson here. I hope it doesn’t happen. While I know at the moment he’s a better QB than most QB’s in the NFL, including our own Tua Tagovailoa, there’s something to be said for drafting and developing your own QB, besides for the fact that while you do that, you can actually build a team around your drafted QB. Not quite as easy to do that when your payroll soars over the cap and then not only you might not be able to re-sign all the young players you drafted and developed the last couple of seasons when their contract comes up but you don’t have a lot of draft stock to finish the build. I think the most sustainable path to winning perennially is to keep Tua, develop him, and give him weapons on both offense and defense that make this team more of a winner.

3 starters out?

Honestly I would be surprised if iWatson is available, that Patriots don’t make a real push for him

That makes more sense than anything

Bill Belichick has never historically been attacked to first rounders. He used to trade bak non the 2nd all the time and pick up depth that way

The only reason we are somehow seen as favorites is bx we have the ammunition to overwhelm. But we don’t have anywhere near the need the Patriots do

I don’t think belicheat wants to do a long rebuilding process

I think the Patriots are even less likely to go that way. Belichick can make things work with average or a little better than average talent at QB, but he needs to build back his team. I don’t see them killing their cap and giving up all that draft capital to bring in Watson.

The cap is a major factor.

The said, I think the patriots are a lot more likely than we are

I just don’t think the Dolphins feel like drafting Tua was a mistake
        and I don’t think they want to be the kind of team that gives up on a draft pick after one season

It just sounds a little crazy to be that kind of team

Not that this has anything to do with the conversation but the Patriots were hit vary hard with the opt outs this past season, and likely get those players back. I am not sure they are actually as bereft of talent as it might seem

I can’t watch the game. CBS is a blank screen for me. Is it the apocalypse?

Key thing on Watson is that he has that no-trade clause. How much about this is he wants to go to a good team? If that the key seems teams like the Phins, Pats, Colts and 49ers are on the list. If he want the Jets might as well stay in Houston.

It’s hilarious that the jets are the best sample of a team that he reasonably would not want to go to

😂😂😂

I don’t think Miami pursues Watson unless the Texans make an offer they can’t refuse. And Bill O’Brian is gone.

Mostly depends on how much Watson wants out. But if he insists he’ll be up for bid amongst the teams he is willing to go to.

Did KC miss the extra point on a score or have they had 2 Fgs

Kelce just leaped about 15 feet forward

Guess you can call that censorship….. but I prefer too lazy to just write your own posts. All the info was already out there.
    ————————-
    “Online misinformation about the presidential election plunged an astonishing 73% after Twitter and other social media networks either banned or suspended Donald Trump and key supporters.

Baseless claims of election fraud dropped from 2.5 million mentions to 688,000 mentions across several social media sites in the week after Trump was banned by Twitter.”

I was about to post that I think all you guys are eating the cheese. But the rumors are ramping up with the rumors are now saying the Texans think he’s done there. Maybe I’ve been wrong, and they really will move Watson.

I know not everyone is a big fan but Baker Mayfield had a pretty good season this year

26 TDs and 8 interceptions
    Last year he threw 21 interceptions
    So that’s a huge improvement

I think he may have crossed

No way you can win when shit like that happens

Pig,I agree on Mayfield, he has surprised me

Browns trying to score a TD

177. thanks for the heads up stanger, i read about the millionaires that lost their pass codes and keys to their BTC. i figure thats part of the permanent support line, lol

BTC is like anything else of value, You have to keep it secure, but dont lock yourself out

Henne to the rescue!!!!!!

That was a heck of a tackle

Can you tell the regular stoned look from the concussed stoned look???

There’s the Chad we know!

Bills are a team of destiny

Watch the Browns fumble