2021 Position outlook – RB

If our WR corps is a little on the high side salary cap wise at the moment, especially considering who’s on our roster, our RB room is on the cheap. At the moment, no Dolphins RB is at a $1M salary or higher. Myles Gaskin, Patrick Laird and Salvon Ahmed are the only RB’s under contract now and add up to a stingy $2.5M. I expect that to change when the draft rolls around. I think after watching all of our backs it’s easy to realize that really none of them are a true bellcow RB or what could be considered a #1. I liked what I saw out of Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed, they both showed the ability to run the ball and catch the ball and do good things catching the ball out of the backfield (Myles Gaskin moreso than Ahmed) but neither guy proved capable of pushing the pile or creating after contact yards. I saw way too many times first contact and down. We need a RB that’s both more elusive and also more powerful that can break that first tackle which many times leads to big gains.

A RB that can catch the ball and then make things happen after the catch can be a QB’s best friend. I think Najee Harris fits that role best as he is probably the best receiving RB, and he has the size (6’2 230) to and skills to be an every down back. Travis Etienne is a very good RB, maybe the highest ranked pure running back. He broke more tackles than any other back in college and has a lot of long runs to his credit. Etienne is more of a traditional sized RB (5’10 205). Etienne had 43 runs of 20 yards or more, that’s the kind of explosiveness the Dolphins backfield could use. There are plenty of RB’s who would improve the quality of our backfield, but I think it’s time we really invested in getting a premier talent. Running backs have been devalued to a point in the NFL where they are rarely early to mid 1st RD picks, but I think there’s a good chance we could lose Najee Harris if we don’t take him at #18. Of course we could trade back either from #3 or from #18 and have a shot at him but I don’t think it’s likely he makes it to #36. The Chiefs took the first RB off the board last year at #32 (Clyde Edwards Helaire), and the guy I thought we would be the first back taken, D’Andre Swift was taken at #35. Another good choice for us would be Javonte Williams from NC. He’s a physical downhill runner with good size and speed 5’10 220.

Here’s what our RB’s did in 2020

Myles Gaskin – 142 carries – 584 yards – 3 TD’s / 41 receptions – 388 yards – 2 TD’s

Salvon Ahmed – 75 carries – 319 yards – 3 TD’s / 11 receptions – 61 yards – 0 TD’s

Patrick Laird – 13 carries – 72 yards – 0 TD’s / 10 receptions – 68 yards – 0 TD’s

We also had Matt Breida last season who gave us minimal production, despite most of us expecting him to be the change of pace and 3rd down back. We also got a little production from DeAndre Washington who is also not under contract in 2021. It’s clear we need to upgrade the talent in our backfield, so will 2021 be the year we go RB early? It’s difficult to say. I wouldn’t be surprised if they look for to upgrade the trenches in some fashion, either an OL, DL or even a playmaking LB or a CB. I’m going to hate to see Patrick Surtain II in another NFL uniform, but after drafting Noah Igbinoghene at #30 last year, I can’t imagine we would spend another first RD pick on a CB.

I don’t think there was DC that played our team that was overly concerned about our rushing attack. Nothing helps a QB more than a reliable, effective rushing attack. Proof of this is available from our own 2016 season with Ryan Tannehill and then any season while playing for the Tennessee Titans. Tannehill went from a run of the mill QB to a top 10 QB. I think we should do everything we can to help Tua become a better QB, so draft the best WR and RB in this draft and that’s a good start to getting him in that direction.

GO DOLPHINS 2021!!!

1,255 Responses to 2021 Position outlook – RB

Terrible trade for us!
    doesn’t leave either team wanting #3!

And Lions likely go WR at 7, so if we don’t take one at 3…but it does mean the cheats and Colts aren’t highly improved.

What an absolutely atrocious trade for the rams

Who – I disagree. I think that Detroit will use Goff as a bridge QB.I believe it is very possible they will want to trade up to pick a QB this year. Even though future picks are not worth as much as this year’s, the cost for Watson just skyrocketed.

• pheloniusphish says:

Wyo not Who. Although The Who might agree with you. But not Dr. who…he would definitely be on my side. Not sure about the citizens of Whoville though they’re pretty quiet about their opinions.

REALLY!?!?!?!?!? Two years of Stafford’s contract are worth a first round QB, two first round picks and a third? Noooooooo in no universe fucking ever!

While I still think it’s a terrible trade, I had some Rams friends show he the benefits. Stafford is a really good QB when healthy and he’s still fairly young. He carried a terrible franchise to the playoffs three times so I see the allure. Here are his passing numbers in comparison to others.

#3 in 2011, #2 in 2012, #3 in 2013, #9 in 2014, #8 in 2015, #9 in 2016, #3 in 2017, #16 in 2018, injured in 2019, #12 in 2020

I still think it’s a terrible trade but McVay is desperate to get a ring no matter how bad he destroys the franchise when he’s done there.

We will have to wait in the WHO to get back from Wuhan. 😉

28. Miami Dolphins

Why they’re ranked here: Miami’s rookies played more snaps this past season than any other rookie class, yet there was very little positive play to speak of among the group. Their first-round picks — quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (No. 5 overall), tackle Austin Jackson (No. 18 overall) and cornerback Noah Igbinoghene (No. 30 overall) — all ranked in the bottom six at their respective position in PFF grade this season.

How their top pick fared: It’s way too early to dismiss the possibility of Tagovailoa being a franchise quarterback, but it’s still far from a guarantee considering his lowly Year 1. Tagovailoa finished the year with a 63.9 passing grade, well below the marks of fellow first-round quarterbacks Joe Burrow (74.3) and Justin Herbert (78.6). He struggled to get anything cooking downfield with the fourth-lowest accurate pass rate on throws of 10-plus yards and a league-low big-time throw rate of 2.1%.

Anyone still want Watson?

Stafford is a very good QB. It just seems like an awful lot of compensation to get him. I don’t consider the Goff portion of the trade anything more than a salary dump for the Rams.

Jared Goff is about to go the way Ryan Fitzpatrick or a modern day Steve Deberg. He will be a place holder QB career backup for multiple teams I predict

11. rams are tards, stafford is an old man

12. Ryan Fitzpatrick will be a FA< i would have taken Fitz as a FA ,

instead of trading away too much draft capital for an old QB

13. in the december 26 game against the bucs, stafford had 17 yards of passing, lol and smh

even the rookie TUa never had a 17 yard game before, i dont know what the rams see in him.

not sure how thats worth a bunch of top draft picks,,,,,, Staffords best days are behind him IMO

14. if the Fins decide they want a QB, Trey Lance is the guy, and he will be available for the number 3 pick

Lance only requires ONE pick, and has his entire career ahead of him

i dont think the fins will go that way, but somebody will want Lance with the number 3 pick, the value to the Fins would be to trade it down

Stafford is 33, and has an arm like a rocket. He’s a gamer too. In no way, shape or form is he an old man.

• thats old compared to Lance, who is only 20 years old

i just think the rams are tards for giving up SO much for stafford, but we will see if it works out or not,

maybe Stafford has another dozen seasons left in him, but i wouldnt give away draft capitol to find out

Stafford is a good QB but through out his career he has been plagued by the ugly looking interception

17. Mike, if Tua had a 17 yard passing game like Stafford did,

I could only imagine how bad the noise would be to get rid of him asap

i think YOU could get at least 20 yards, lol

Detroit never had a team built for the playoffs with Stafford there. He threw over 700 freaking passes one season, that’s insane. No balance. I think you will be surprised how much better the Rams will be with Stafford.

• so you are fine with his 17 yards against the bucs game? i guess the rams were, SMH

fair enough, we WILL see how well this works out for the rams

but be honest, what would u say if Tua only got 17 yards passing in a game, good Job?

i think Stafford is soggy toast, this will haunt the rams for a decade IMO

19. the BEST news of the trade,

is it was NOT the Dolphins that sacrificed their draft picks for the old man, it was the dumb ass rams
    if the fins had made this trade, i would be furious

Does Joe Burrow suck? Young and injury prone? Tua suck? Young and injury prone? Mahomes missed 2 games last year and 1 game this year, does he suck and is he injury prone?

21. and for the record, i WOULD trade for Mahomes, lol who wouldnt ?

Lots of reasons not to want to go to a team, but whatever they were for Stafford in general would go for a bunch of other teams as well. Dude just hates the Pats, or at least some people on it.

Ha! Love to hear that, even though there are certainly more reasons other than the fact that the Patriots just aren’t as good as the Rams. I’d probably agree he’s had enough of Matt Patricia.

Yep! When was the last time we read about a player having the Pets as the only place he wouldn’t go? lol

It’s likely because of Patricia…whatever the reason I loved reading that

23. bailbondmike says:

I talked about Ehlinger a bit last year and some early on this college season. Flores had some good things to say about him. He is currently projected around a 6th pick. If still there, I might would pull the trigger and develop him behind Tua as the backup. His only knock is a little off with accuracy at times. When he’s been on, he’s on.

I like him. Dude is tough as nails. Can take a hit and punch you back in the mouth on the next play. Kind of reminds me of Taysom Hill with his hard nosed running style.

I think Stafford makes the Rams much better. Goff is middle of the road and trending the wrong way. The Rams want to win now and the Lions are rebuilding. Goff with be a transition QB unless he picks up his game.

LMAO Bookman – GM’s everywhere are scouring his records all the way back to Pop Warner

Tim – Stafford is a real competitor too. I think the Rams need that at the helm of that offense.

For those of us in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, you ready for the big snow?

Sugarloaf – Green-Eyed Lady (Original Song HQ) 1970

I dig this!

Great song!

As I continue to dive into music history, I’m finding so many incredible songs, man.

IMO, music all but died come the turn of the millenium. There are very few songs that I can truly get into post-2000.

Stafford is a damn good QB. I’ve watched him play many times over the years because we get NFC North games here constantly. If he can stay healthy and play within himself, the Rams just got a lot better. Is 33 even old for a QB these days? Lol

100% agreed, Randy. While I think the trade compensation for Stafford was a bit steep, he is a damn good QB. I’ve always felt sorry for him, as he’s put up great stats on a super-pooper of a team.

He’s going to make the Rams better and vice-versa.

I’m expecting a heavy day of shoveling tomorrow. Should be close to a foot of snow by the time it stops Tuesday morning

MF13,
    I think the McVay will be good for Stafford. The compensation is crazy but that’s just the way it is these days. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Me too. I think the McVay will bring out the very best in Stafford, to the tune of something we haven’t seen out of Stafford before. It’s possible that Stafford could be a contender for MVP in ’21, but I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself.

The McVay + Stafford could seriously be a dangerous combo… we’ll see.

I think teams are starting to realize that talent is better than hopeful draft picks.

Exactly. The Draft is a crapshoot of sorts, so it would make sense to invest in a PROVEN commodity.

But the other side of the coin? Ya hope that your scouting department and GM knows what they’re doing, and can properly evaluate future talent. That equals cheap (but great) labor in the short-term, without bloating your salary cap… like we did a few years ago by signing two players to BIG QB $$$ (Tannehill & Suh): neither were the answer for us.

Sometimes ya just have to get lucky.

It’s nice to have a boatload of draft picks. A great example of why that’s not the key is the Jaguars a few years ago. We all thought they would be a top team for years and now what. They’re already rebuilding.

I think I’m going to weed-eat tomorrow!
    The weeds are getting pretty high around the house. 🙂

The Rams have a top defense, a very good oline, and excellent playmakers on offense. Getting Stafford should put them on the short list of SB contenders for at least a couple of years.

Allow me to ask you, CavKong (there is no right or wrong answer, by the way)…

Would YOU trade for Deshaun Watson, or would YOU keep our draft picks and roll with Tua?

I ask you the same question, Tim. Again, no right or wrong answer (in the here and now).

I’m asking you both because I honestly am not sure what I would do. I do NOT envy this decision to be made.

It would depend on what the Texans wanted. I’m on record saying I would make that trade if we could do it for this year’s 1sts and 2nds along with Tua. It wouldn’t strap our future, and we get a proven top QB in his mid 20’s.

I don’t care about his salary, because you will always end up paying a top end salary for a top 5 QB. Teams make it work when they have elite QBs, the end.

We already have a very good foundation on defense, and we could still add a couple of playmakers on offense and to the defense in the draft even without our 1st and 2nd rd picks, because whether you trade for Watson or not, you still have to draft well, lol.

Kelce was a 3rd rd pick. Hill was a 5th rd pick. Adams was a 2nd rd pick, Kupp was a 3rd rd pick, Kittle was a 5th rd pick. The list goes on and on.

Tua may still end up great, but Watson is a sure thing, so I make that move at that cost. If they want five 1st round picks, or anything that starts taking away from future drafts or weakens the current team (i.e if they wanted, say, Tua and Howard), I roll with Tua and our extra picks instead.

If we don’t make that trade we are still in a great position to succeed. We have more picks to fill out the team and give Tua every chance to succeed. Not to mention the possiblity of trading down, and rolling extra picks for another year. Even if Tua doesn’t improve, in a year or two we move on from him, and draft another QB with a team that should be very strong even if the QB position isn’t. (Again, assuming we draft well).

That is just me. I’ve said again, and again, I think we are in a win, win situation. It will still all hinge on our ability to get the right guys in the draft, no matter the round they are picked.

I also very much believe we have no interest in trading for Watson. Our recent coaching hires and the statements from the team convince me we’re perfectly happy rolling with Tua and our picks. And I’m all on board with this regime. I think they know what they are doing.

M13, Deshaun Watson is a proven QB in all phases. I don’t blame him for wanting out of Houston. They’re a lost franchise right now. Maybe DeAndre Hopkins saw it happening and said if you don’t pay me get me out! He looks right now. Watson and Watt have been pretty vocal about that.

As far as Tua, if you believe in him enough off his injury in college to take him at #5 last year and then move on the next year when the team went 10-6 with him starting a bunch of games and playing solid, then you have no vision or patience.

I think Tua is going to prove detractors wrong like Drew Brees and Russell Wilson. Can we give the guy more than a few minutes? LOL

I think Kong’s last paragraph sums it up. I think this regime has a building plan and they’re sticking to it. They’re not swayed by the noise the media makes. Only one team is going to get Watson and they’re going to pay dearly to get him. I think our guys feel we have our QB and are going to improve the team around him.

37. ElephantRider says:

Dont you guys own snow blowers? You get snow every year don’t you? Lol

38. bailbondmike says:

I never minded shoveling snow when I lived in northern Indiana. Most of the time it wasn’t the wet heavy snow so it didn’t wear me out. Plus, we lived out in the country 5 miles from the nearest town so it gave me something to do in the winter besides trap fur and hunting.

We got rid of our snow shovels, when we moved here. Last week it snowed about 6″, had to use a broom and hard rake. It was all for naught though, because it was all melted by noon all over the neighborhood.

40. i dont feel the fins get value from trades or FA, like they can in the draft

i think giving up multiple picks for Stafford and Watson are for some other team, Fins have a good plan and need to stick to it
    there are no guarantees that Stafford or Watson would even improve the Dolphins

nothing is guaranteed in the draft either, but its SO much cheaper to draft than to take on high priced veterans

and yea, i think Stafford sucks, there will be MORE 17 yard games in his future, lol

Tua exceeded that with his first two passes in the NFL

41. Orob was pissed when Tua had over 300 yards passing in a game

i doubt if Orob would be happy if Tua got 17, lol

42. im happy to report that i have never shoveled snow, lol

that shit looks messed up,,,,,

43. Stafford has never led the Lions to a division title in a decade. they WERE patient with him, He just never delivered

Stafford has only gone to 3 playoff games in his career, losing all 3, while turning the ball over in those games

if a veteran qb cant win divisions, cant win playoff games, and cant keep the ball secure, not sure why the 17 yards really even factors in, except to illustrate his best days are behind him

• bailbondmike says:

Yep, if a QB can’t throw 50 yards down field then beat press double coverage to catch his own pass then break 3 tackles and run it in for the TD, he is garbage. We all know QB’s are a 1 man team and carry the team to the SB. It’s not a team sport.

Let’s try to name one skill player for the Lions who was in the top 10 at their position since Megatron retired. Hmmmmm… we might have to go to top 20 to find one but not worth the time.

44. some analysts are saying the Watson price has gone way up, since the rams overpaid for Stafford

45. how hard is it to win a title in the weak NFC north? lol pathetic

George Carlin had a piece on more than happy, it should be looked up.

The Lions had to eat a huge contract with Goff, it took the Rams out of cap hell, The Rams have been a regular in the playoffs so i would expect those 1st rnd picks to be in the 20s, since they are future picks at present there value is diminished.
    still i’d rather be on the Lions side of that deal.

The Rams took a huge deadcap on Goff, I believe 22M, but yeah size of the contract is part of the exchange, but only if they actually keep Goff.

I think they may try to trade Goff too.

David – This 17 yard thing you’re stuck on – Unstick yourself. WTF is wrong with you? You deride Stafford, he’s a tough motherfucker who tried to play with a back injury for a 5-10 team that sucked ass, despite his good season. He got hit, hurt and had to leave the game and STILL came back the next fucking week and played again, despite being hurt. Can you try to focus on something matters other than the 17 yards and understand and comprehend the situation he was in? Just try. I’ll send you color pictures as an aid if necessary. lol

I wouldn’t mind Goff if the price was right, he’d be a major upgrade over our current situation.

50. Orob, after another year of Tua, You will likely change your opinion of him, cant expect a rookie coming off a major injury to win more than 10 games IMO

he has alot of upside that hasnt been realized YET

51. bailbondmike says:

but Stafford had 12 seasons to win a title, or a playoff game, and never did it ONE TIME
    —————————————————–
    This pains me to write, but I can think of another QB who we all know very well who played 17 seasons and never won a title who had 32 TD’s and 24 INT’s in his playoff career. However, I would take him back 12 seasons into his career in a heartbeat. Stafford never had a Duper and Clayton at the same time either.

whatever happens with Tua, there’s no doubt we will need a back up vet at the very least, judging on how Tua played this year you would be crazy not to have a suitable Vet on the roster.
    If i were Fitz i doubt i would resign, i think Gailey left because he was hamstringed by the HC to not play the best player for the job.
    it would be great to get Fitz back but if we don’t we better get a Vet. you can’t rely on Tua.

53. if Tua never wins a title or a playoff game in 12 years, we can always trade him away for a couple first round picks when hes an old man like Stafford

cant lose, lol

• bailbondmike says:

Again, this pains me to write, but I can think of another QB who we all know very well who played 17 seasons and never won a title who had 32 TD’s and 24 INT’s in his playoff career. However, I would take him back 12 seasons into his career in a heartbeat. Stafford never had a Duper and Clayton at the same time either.

I expect Goff to get a look in Detroit, then once they realize he’s closer now to the QB he was in his rookie season, they’ll be wishing they hadn’t traded for him.

If they were smart, they’d draft a QB this year in the 1st, after trading with us, but this is the Lions we’re talking about, so…Or they’d trade him before the draft.

I doubt the Jets go QB at #2, they either go WR or Tackle, in that scenario that would be great for Miami, there are QB hungry teams out there and would probably give up a lot to draft the 2nd best QB in this draft.

57. bailbondmike says:

Anyway, this blog was about RB’s and not a QB who does not even play for us so….

Our coaches and staff got very up close and personal time with UNC’s RB Michael Carter during the Senior Bowl and came away impressed. He had 8 carries for 60 yards and a TD sharing carries. Don’t be surprised if he is our RB selected in the second round of the draft.

I wanted that versatile bruiser in Najee Harris or Carter’s UNC counterpart in Javonte Williams.

IMO Michael Carter is this years Clyde Edwards-Helaire. I actually value him more than Etienne. Carter is fast but maybe just a tad less than Etienne. Carter possesses what makes Edwards-Helaire so good and that is ABT (my new acronym for “Ankle Breaking Technology”, lol). Etienne does not have that. Watch his tape and you won’t see much of it. When it comes to Edwards-Helaire and Carter, he is not on the same planet. What Carter has over Edwards-Hellaire is speed.

Carter had back to back 1000 yard seasons splitting half the carries with Williams both seasons and had over 20 rec per season the last 3 years. He is smallish at 5’8 200 but built real stocky.

He made #10 ranked UM look silly this past season on 24 carries for 308 yards and 2 TD’s. The highlights for that game are at the 7 min mark.

Video posted for Rhino analysis (Since you are an Etienne fan):

BBM – Marino is actually not a bad comparison. I think Fouts is better though. In any case, It’s not Stafford’s fault the Lions haven’t won a championship. It’s no more his fault that the Lions record is 0-3 in playoff games than it is that Watson is 1-2. Teams win championships.

ORob — best for us is that the Jets do take a QB at #2. There are 3 top ones and then a big drop off. Jets don’t take a QB and then teams that want one can wait. Plus if they take a QB we have the best non-QB in the draft if the trade down isn’t there.

60. bailbondmike says:

very poor comparison
    ——————————–
    Let’s see. Marino with his good OL and overall better TEAM first 12 years:
    Marino
    107 wins, 336 total TD’s, 185 INT’s, comp % below 60%, 45,173 yards
    Stafford
    74 wins, 296 total TD’s, 144 INT’s, comp % 62.6, 45,109 yards

WON many playoff games, many division titles
    —————————————–
    Marino was 6-6 in playoffs his first 12 seasons with 1 AFC Championship in 2nd season and did not win another for the rest of his career.
    Stafford lost to defending SB Champs Saints in his 1st playoff game passing for 380 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT. Made playoffs that year despite being in same division as GB who won SB that year. Second playoff lost 24-20 to Cowboys passing for 323, 1 TD, 1 INT. Last playoff lost to Seahawks.

Career playoff passer rating:
    Marino 77.1
    Stafford 87.8

They compare very well considering the caliber weapons Marino had his first 12 years vs what Stafford had.

Hard to compare stats in different era’s, but its a great comparison.

The counter argument is Stafford didn’t elevate his team, which I disagree with, but every time we played him I felt he had IT.

61. bailbondmike says:

Stanger, I also want that bruiser in Harris or Williams. They are my first 2 choices for RB then Carter and Etienne. We do have the later in Gaskins (Carter is better ankle breaker, though) but Ahmed is not really an ankle breaker.

IMO, Carter would be like getting a faster Gaskins and Etienne would be like getting another Ahmed. I know some are going to tell me that Etienne is MUCH faster than Ahmed but don’t let that fool you. I don’t know what happened to him at the combine but Ahmed is much faster than the time he posted there. So is Gaskins.

Re: Salvon Ahmed – “Expected by some to be in the competition for fastest RB, he only managed a 4.62 40-Yard Dash. This was quite surprising considering he ran an electronically timed 4.32 when coming out of high school.” That is faster than Etienne. Etienne’s fastest time (I believe) was 4.38 prior to coming to Clemson.

• bailbondmike says:

I am sure Etienne is training his ass off for his pro day to post a good 40 time. He is in a stiff friendly competition with his former teammate Isaiah Simmons who ran a ridiculous 4.39 who was drafted last year. I believe was 2nd best time ever for a LB.

“First things first: When you see the ‘Patriot Way’ in the dictionary, it’s gonna have Tom Brady’s name next to it. None of those coaches threw any passes. None of those coaches caught any passes. None of those coaches made any tackles. They got guys in the right position because they watched a lot of film and they spent all their time at the facility.

But Tom Brady is the ‘Patriot Way,’ and that’s the reason why Tom Brady’s in the Super Bowl right now and the Patriots aren’t.”

—Danny Amendola’s take on Bill Belichick

This board screws me up at times….. was meant for the end. But does sound like Harris or Williams is what I’m looking for.

62. bailbondmike says:

Hey noreasternors, what’s the snow count now?

63. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, wasn’t being sarcastic. I was really wondering. Hell, it’s 46 degrees and overcast with 19 mph winds. Wind chill about 39. If it is going to be this cold on the FL panhandle I would rather it be colder and snowing.

BBM – Just shoveled out my driveway, just about 10″ and still coming down. I would guess that by tomorrow morning there may be another 4-6″ to shovel.

BBMike,

I’ve had just over a foot in my neck of the woods, and the snow is supposed to keep on coming down until midday tomorrow. Looks like we’re going to get close to the 18″ predicted.

M – Looks like Mark Walton is trying to top Cecil Collins as most fucked up former Dolphins RB

68. bailbondmike says:

M13, I miss the big snow storms like that. I remember my first winter after we moved from Charleston, SC to northern Indiana when we had the blizzard of 1978. Got 31 inches in 24 hours with 30-40 mph wind gusts. Snowed in for 8 days. I was like, WTF!! Then it moved over y’all and did the same. Took my brother and I 3 days to shovel out the drive way and our walk ways. We lived out in the country 5 miles from town. They finally made it past our house after 8 days cause they had to use front end loaders the whole way to move the snow. Once school reopened, many of the back country roads were reduced to 1 lane. I remember a couple spots where the snow drifts were higher than the top of our school bus. That was some crazy shit there.

I miss big storms like that when I was kid, but no longer as an adult! LOL
      Yeah, that’s some crazy shit, to be sure!

Back in ’93 we got a HUGE storm, I was in high school. It was the same day ‘NBA Jam’ came out for Nintendo. We got dismissed early, and I immediately drove to the mall to get NBA Jam. Ended up being snowed in for a week, but dammit, I had NBA Jam to play with my brother for that week! We got something close to 3 feet of snow over that week. I miss those days.

—Danny Amendola’s take on Bill Belichick

We are getting slammed with this storm. It’s still going and we’re getting close to 2 feet.

(Piggy breaks out of Mikes freezer and throws a snowball at Tim)

#RIP Screech

Mike E : general rule of thumb here is wait until it stops , then ya only have shovel/snow blow once..

Felipe Frank’s is another potential late rounder QB weight wanna grab. He can be erratic short throw wise, seems to over throw the short pass but he has a cannon and a beautiful deep pass. Wouldn’t be a bad guy to bring in with a late pick and develop.

Fwiw, I was big on elhinger last year as well. I like his game, and it’s probably something we could use him in other ways other than just as a backup. He dies have a little Hill in him.

All this talk of slamming the great white north after a big dump is starting to take this convo in a bad direction

• manitobafinfan says:

I admit as soon as I read “ Nope, had one large dump a month ago , rest has just been little bits and driving wind ” I was expecting a Pig Fart comment

Toba – I’m shoveling, no snowblower. If I have to get into work tomorrow I won’t have time to shovel out 18-24″ of snow in the morning

Damn I thought you were joking about Dustin Diamond, but I guess ya weren’t. He and I are about the same age. Scarry.

If they can have heating elements on football fields to keep the lines visible why can’t y’all get heating elements for your driveways……

I only actually got a snow LT for the first time 5 years ago…prior to that shoveling driveway was a two or 3 shift job

I agree with those who believe Stafford will make Rams a better team in the short term…
    Haven’t seen anything from Goff to get excited about

Toba, he’s terrible!

February 1, 2021 at 12:23 pm
    BBM – Marino is actually not a bad comparison

its a piss poor comparison, MY point was Stafford has NEVER won a division title, NFC North, and Stafford has only been to 3 playoff games, lost all 3, and turned the ball over

U must have forgotten Dans hall of fame career, the Dolphins won many division titles, AFC east titles, and won a afc championship game, and won many playoff games

comparing a HOF QB, maybe the best ever, to Stafford, a guy that NEVER won anything ,and turned the ball over when he had a chance, its a bad compare

but while u guys were making bad compares, i made great calls today, and i killed it in the market , lol i take this as a good luck omen

• manitobafinfan says:

Stafford has spent his career trying to beat either Favre or Rodgers, with little to no help, like Marino having to deal with Jim Kelly , and great defence most of his … so there are similarities, and Stafford is no slouch, Rams fans will be happy

83. but thanks for inspiring Me today, lol i had all top performers today, Marino stocks ! the Stafford stocks got shorted hard today, lol JK

84. Mike, You love questioning My judgement, lol and its all good

but if i could send a screen shot of My portfolio, thats a resume of sorts, I make GREAT calls and judgement in the market, im up 817 percent in the last 3 months

maybe im not as good at football, lol but Marino was the best QB i have ever seen, and if he was a stock as a rookie, i would have gone all in!

And to be Clear , I still Feel Marino was the best passer of all time … he, like Stafford never had enough help and a formidable foe in the division

February 1, 2021 at 8:56 pm
    And FWIW Tua only threw for 9 yds vs Jets 🤷‍♂️

lol IF Tua can keep doing that for 12 years we can trade him to the rams for a couple of first rounders

Toba

Tua’s 9 yards against urge jests was on 2 plays at the very end of the game. That was the first game he played in when we were up 24-0

Toba, I agree we need to upgrade the offense but I think we have enough draft capital and cap to upgrade both sides of the ball even if offense is a bit more.

• manitobafinfan says:

Agreed, we still need some more pressure into Josh’s face .. he can get jittery if pressure comes

Yeah that’s why I have been talking about more closing speed on the front 7. We had our moments with pressure and sacks, but too many times we couldn’t get off blocks and QBs either had too much time or lanes to run and pick up 1st downs. I’d like to see us eliminate more of those opportunities.

Tweaks on Def , Rebuild on Off..

I’m not sure about a rebuild on offense because that has already started on the OL, QB and even RB. We’ve got some players to work with, but an upgrade at RB and a couple of WRs could really change things. I like our TE situation.

Wouldn’t stop me from selecting Pitts if we had the opportunity at the right selection.

I absolutely love our TE situation, Tim.

M13, yeah the TE group was very productive. Gesicki has arrived as a playmaker and improved his blocking. Smythe had a nice season after being a potential bubble player. Shaheen was a nice addition. They’re all young with good physical tools.

David,

I’m trying to save your azz, here. Matt Stafford threw for 17 yards before getting injured, missing the rest of game. It’s happened so many times in NFL history, that a QB had to come out early after getting injured. Not sure why you’re going after Stafford, and not the myriad of QBs who had to leave the game early after injury.

I remember one game where Dan Marino didn’t even start due to injury. He threw for 0 yards that day, ya know. That a lot worse than Stafford’s 17 yard game.

C’mon, man!

He was being extremely silly. Stafford has made a ton of big throws in the NFL. The Rams are a more dangerous now.

^
        And I’m not trying to disrespect my guy David, BUT C’MON, BRAH! Stafford is easily a top-10 QB in this league, and that’s having played for a team with zero help over his tenure as a Detroit Lion.

The Detroit Lions have been an absolute DISASTER for many, many years. There’s never been a wall of an O-Line to protect Matthew Stafford, his weapons have been defunded and depleted over the years, they suck at a ground attack since the (Reggie) Bush years, and they continue to overspend… EVERY YEAR.

Think of it… Detroit used to be a great place! But over the years, it’s become abysmal and dysfunctional.

Hopefully, Dan Campbell can lead the manufacturing effort to bring Detroit back to the forefront of excellence, as it once had been, many years ago.

manitobafinfan says:
    February 1, 2021 at 10:18 pm
    —————
    Seconded. What’s more, INTERIOR PRESSURE is what rattles a QB more than anything. When that happens, they don’t know whether to roll left or right: they just may run right into the outside pressure.

This is partially why the Aaron Donald’s and Ndamukong Suh’s have been paid king’s ransoms over the years.

I like Alim McNeill, DI, NC State. He reminds me of a young Dontari Poe, who can absolutely disrupt the QB with his interior pass-rushing prowess.

My hope is Wilkins and Davis continue to improve but adding another good interior DL would be good too. I also like Seiler. Aaron Donald is from another planet though. LOL

Tim / yes I agree the OL, TE and hopefully QB don’t require major overhaul.. but yes we need more dynamic playmakers… aim for the moon with WR and RB , draft as if we don’t have Williams and Parker, cause for 16 games we usually play without at least one of them ,, if they can last a full season after we draft playmakers , FANTASTIC , if not we are Gonna be okay.. RB ? Gaskin and Ahmed looked good , but I want great .. and let’s keep addressing the IL every year , doesn’t need to be rd 1-2 but keep sticking the shelves.

M13 , that is Brady’s Achilles heel , other than the year where it really was his Achilles Heel , pressure in his face rattles the shit out of him

94. MF, some QB, just cant step it up in the big games, they turn the ball over. Stafford has NEVER won a division or a playoff game in 12 years, it is what it is.
    its true the Lions arent the greatest team, no question about it, but that is no excuse for Stafford to toss interceptions when they got a wild card, and lose playoff games.

but im happy the fins didnt waste two first round picks on Stafford, and looking forward to a very good season for Miami next year, a playoff berth

The best pass rush teams make QBs have to get rid of the ball before they want to. That’s the goal on defense. We have enough coverage.

For me, the name Dan Campbell will forever invoke the image of him riding in on a shark and us winning his first two games in dominating fashion.

I’ve never cared one way or the other about the Lions, but I’ll be pulling for them while Campbell is the HC, lol.

• agreed, i Liked Campbell too, he brought a super physical approach

• ElephantRider says:

I liked him too, but good luck…. his old school mentality isnt going to fly nowadays. Jared Goff ain’t biting knee caps….
        After this last season of no camps, preseason, etc… players aren’t going to take kindly to his Oklahoma drills. I think practice and other things are going to continue to get cut and more limitations.

97. bailbondmike says:

David, just busting balls here, but you remind me of that 8 yo kid who’s dad is 5’6 and tells another 8 yo kid who’s dad is 6’0 that “My Dad is bigger than your Dad”. Then will stick by that for the rest of his life. So much so that he’s willing to get into a little slap ass fight over it.

David – I’m not questioning your judgement, I’m downright saying it makes no sense. If your financial portfolio is doing well God bless you because it’s certainly not due to the logic you use here. How you can bring up a game where a player leaves due to an injury and repeatedly refer to that game as a shitty game due to low stat total shows no ability to comprehend basic concepts. Sorry man, just calling it like I see it.

Campbell is the tough kinda no nonsense kinda coach, former player that still remembers being a player. That said, unless his football acumen has developed, I still think he doesn’t have what it takes to be a HC. We will see but the guy I like, despite how good he is as a coach

100. bailbondmike says:

Toba, you aren’t making spam calls this morning, are you? My wife just got one from Brandon, Manitoba. lol

Poor David I mean ya kinda bring it on yourself a lot but at least you can take the whooping

Fucking hard as fuck to smoke a cigar when you fingers are numb from the cold.

I see it’s one of M’s favorite gals birthday today. M – you might want to wish Shakira a Happy Birthday!

RIP Hal Holbrook

Man looks in the abyss, there’s nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.

The only paced I’ve lived in the east is Miami, so no shoveling, but in NV I’ve done it plenty. If you didn’t shovel it right away it was a bitch to remove, because it would melt some and get heavy or freeze to the concrete. Forget about trying to shovel it after you drive on it.

Can you really shovel the snow there after driving on it or wait and shovel a day later?

I didn’t even know it snowed in Nevada

(Piggy throws a snowball at Steve)

Piggy the world traveler.

Snow here only about once every couple of years 3k feet and above, the strip about once every 7-10 years, but Northern NV where there’s great skiing…

In the past week our offices up north had delayed starts 3 times due to snow.

• bailbondmike says:

BBMM takes out blender, fills with ice, blends the shit out of it, makes a snowball and nails Piggy in the ass with it!

Steve – Definitely best to remove the snow before driving on it. Unless it melts, it’s a bitch to get that packed down off the driveway. Unfortunately, I have to go in to work for 3PM and I’m going to clear the bottom of the driveway where the plows just piled up a good foot of now, but I’m not shoveling the whole driveway again, too much work

I’ll never shovel again here, because it will melt a couple of hours after the snow stops.

Long as you know won’t re-freeze the way to go. In Virginia we had all these dance above and below freezing storms. Your worst nightmare was all that snow half melting and getting a half inch of ice on top. We had ice storms too. Everyone kept bags of salt.

Mando is right to point out who Grier has drafted in the link Phish put out. Makes it real world in terms of those firsts we’d give up for Watson. Even going with the best it makes the choice Watson or Tua, Tunsil and Minkah. If another first then add in Wilkins. Or maybe we are talking the next Charles Harris in there.
    ——————————–
    He’s drafted seven players in the first round. They are Laremy Tunsil, Charles Harris, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Christian Wilkins, Tagovailoa, Austin Jackson and Noah Igbinoghene.

Stanger – I get what Mando is doing in that article but it’s not only about what he’s done in the past it’s what he can do this season. He might nail these picks and take 2 future HOFers. There’s always that possibility. Like BBM said, Harris was the only loser of the bunch, the other picks were good picks.

Just thought it interesting to put names we all know on it. And will admit Watson intrigues me. Not just he is good but cause he is 25. Trade for him and we could be getting a decade of franchise QB play.

Yes, but there’s always a difference between grooming your own draft pick into a franchise QB and trading for one. No matter how you slice it, the trade sets you back in every other area, cap wise, and the ability to build around that QB you just traded for. We might have that franchise QB in house already, and we have so much ammunition to build around him. It’s not just the QB, it’s what you have to give up to get that QB

Completely agree…. that would be the price of it. Been waiting for that QB for a long, long time though. Man what a swing and a miss on Brees.

We have snow pretty much year-round…about an hour away whenever we want to go play in it.

It did snow here once in the 80’s I remember we got like an inch, or maybe it was half an inch. I was in 3rd grade, so I don’t really remember…

It’s crazy that you can be in sunny Cali 1 minute then an hour later in the snow.

It’s the only good thing about where I live. We are an hour away from anything you want, a nice beach, the snow, forests, bay area, etc.

Le’Veon Bell almost came to the Phins. But seems he wanted a winning team and one where he wouldn’t be a work horse back.
    Some quotes from Beasley.
    —————————————-
    “That night was kind of little hectic,” Bell said. “The Dolphins were definitely in the mix, I was so torn between how much of a workload did I actually want vs. winning? After my time with the Jets, I was so focused on winning, I didn’t really care about how my production would look. It got so frustrating losing.

I wanted to go somewhere where I can still have my body and still help the team win. That’s what separated the Dolphins and the Chiefs. I felt like if I went to the Dolphins, I would have done a little more. It’s hard even trying to explain it. But it was real close between the Dolphins, Bills and Chiefs.”….

Bell, asked his thoughts about the Dolphins organization, said this:

“I think they’ve got some good young players, a great head coach. … Great defense. We played them and their defense is really solid. They’re building some good things over there. We’ll see what happens.”

To me, you would think an athlete would want to be the centerpiece of the reason why a team won a championship. I mean he’ll get the ring either way, but I would want to be a major contributor rather than a bit player.

“DAVIE, Fla. — The Miami Dolphins are promoting Eric Studesville and George Godsey to co-offensive coordinators, a source told ESPN.

It isn’t set yet who will call plays, but it will be a collaboration between the two assistants to run the Dolphins’ offense. Together, they will replace Chan Gailey, who resigned as offensive coordinator last month.”

Could Godsey focus on the pass game, while Studesville focuses on the run?

SbNation

I guess this could work, but who decides when to call a pass or a run? Give Tua Tua plays 1 run and 1 pass and let him decide, if he wants to run or pass.

Has this ever been done before, 2 OC’s? It might work, 2 heads better than one?

So far I’ve been placed in a freezer, met with the wrath of a snowblower and hit with a blender manufactured snowball by this blog

I have concluded that this blog sucks at snowball fights

I guess since neither is an external hire, they already have a strong working relationship. It looks like they gave it a test run in the Senior bowl and liked the results enough to give it a go. It’s weird, but that doesn’t mean it can’t work.

It’ll be interesting to get more information on the dynamics of a co-coordinator setup.

It will definitely be different, although like you mentioned, not too unlike the HC that runs the offense but doesn’t call the plays.

It all depends on Tua, if he becomes the QB he was at Alabama the move will look genius, if not…

Tua was at that QB camp after HS, with Charlie Frye, he entered back of the pack, but after Dilfer ripped him a new one he went to the top.

Was it Dilfer’s speech or something Frye did? Or was it Tua’s lights coming on.

I guess we’ll have to wait until after Tua gets 6 rings, and they part ways🙄

When your snowballs cannot compete

80 beers minus your age plus forty will give you the year you were born

February 2, 2021 at 10:14 am
    ————–
    Didn’t realize this! Happy B-Day, Shakira!

LOL – What do you have all your favorite hotties all lined up in a queue?

BBM a funny you ask about Spam call from Brandon… I did accidentally pocket dial Miami today , then 3 hours later spent 2 hours trying to reach ANYONE at a Medley warehouse… likely on phone regarding that 1/2 the night tonight as well

Lol, Toba. Do you always have to go out to a parking lot for that special ‘me’ time?

55 could be worse than Paulina. But then she was the hottest thing on the planet for many years.

Is it weird that first and foremost this photo makes me jealous of her house

Those doors that lead to the balcony are really beautiful

I think Paulina looks great

WOW, they can smoke my cigar anytime… gonna be tough steering on the way home 🤡

unevolved

I am having that engraved on my tombstone

Paulina is the hottest woman in the entirety of my experience. Bar none IMO. She always has been. I fell in love with her at 13 YO and nothing has changed. LOL

Where did you see her when you were 13?

every magazine on the rack. She was on the cover of SI swimsuit issue in 84. She was on the pages in-between before that.
        I never actually met her if that’s what you are asking. She’s 4 years older than me and she has been around since her teens as a model and I first started noticing girls that summer and crushed hard.

Yeah I remember her posters in stores that sold posters

Do you remember those poster displays from the 80s
        Where you swung through each one so everyone in the store could see you were obsessing over the models

These poster displays

Remember how awkward puberty was when everyone in the mall could see you obsessing over the women in the posters to the loud swinging of the display

These kids today don’t know how lucky they are to have the internet at home

I must say Paulina is the most secure in her insecurity….

It always makes me think of Rome, the way the sun hits the buildings in the afternoon.
    Well, what should we drink to?
    I like to say a prayer and drink to world peace.
    To world peace.

The look on the old bar tender’s face always makes me laugh

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    February 1, 2021 at 11:47 pm
    obviously the rams think the old man is worth 2 draft picks, i think they are on cocaine, lol…
    ————-
    Stafford is going to be 33 years old in 5 days. Would you like to see how many QBs had CAREER YEARS post-35 years old? Dude, Tom Lady* is in the Super Bowl next week, and he’s 43 years old.

The GAME has CHANGED, due to Roger Goodell and the rules committee. It’s akin to Major League Baseball changing the height of the pitchers’ mound.

QBs now have the opportunity to have a career that reaches well into their 40s. As such, Stafford is still a relatively young man at 33 years old. What’s more, he’s been a STUD QB on a team with zero weapons. I don’t care that Stafford hasn’t won a playoff game in 12 years, HE was never the problem in Detroit. Zero defense, zero playmakers, zero coaching, zero vision, zero running game, zero heroes.

Where you and I agree? We certainly are building for our future, and didn’t need to make the move to trade for Stafford… that’s it. We weren’t even thinking about trading for Stafford… doesn’t mean he isn’t a very good QB, though.

Rock – I had actually never heard of her until she was with Ric Ocasek and was in one of The Cars videos.

Yes back in the day Farrahs Nipple was damn near porn …

So wait, if I think she’s smoking hot, and I want her to keep those clothes off -even at 55-, am I evolved, unevolved, devolved, or not volved.

I guess I’m just confused, lol.

I just remembered that Rick Ocasik died in 2019

And Paulina and Ocasik divorced in 2018
    And actually took her out of her will right before he died

Jimmy Connors wife Patti McGuire, playmate of the year… Jaclyn Smith , Charlie’s Angel , Olivia Newton John and Lady Diana Spencer

80’s Crush! First you look at the poster of the hot girl, then you make sure nobody is home, then you look at the poster of the hot girl again. After a few minutes you put this on.

140. MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – Officers arrested Mark Walton, a former Miami Dolphins player, on Sunday after a fit of rage over the service at a Pizza Hut in Miami-Dade County’s Allapattah neighborhood.

Walton, 23, said he felt disrespected by a Pizza Hut employee at 2101 NW 17th Ave., police said. He is accused of trying to break the fast-food restaurant’s window.

Craig Thomas, Walton’s cousin, tried to get Walton off the property, but he refused and punched him, according to the arrest report. Thomas did not want his cousin to be arrested, so Walton is facing charges of trespassing and disorderly conduct.
    ——————————————————–
    lol serves him right , who eats pizza in a damn hut anyway

141. Stafford quote from last season ,,,
    “And as far as the turnovers go, there’s no excuse for those. Just can’t have them. I think four in the last two weeks is too many and I’m going to do everything I can to try to make sure that doesn’t happen again.”

correct Mr Stafford, there are NO excuses for YOUR turnovers

its hard to avoid multiple turnovers when putting up huge numbers like 17 yards passing,,,,lol

142. i feel its vital for team success, to have a QB that doesnt give the ball away like haloween candy.
    Stafford has never looked the same after breaking his back twice.

QB,s never blame their teammates for ints and fumbles, thats on them

maybe Stafford will learn that over his next 12 seasons, maybe he wont, SMH

143. MF, i dont agree that QB can play well into their 40.s/ maybe one or two, but thats it

did u see Big ben last year? how many seasons do u feel he has left ?

i cant see him taking another snap, hi constant stream of turnovers was the reason the 11 win undefeated steelers collapsed, and couldnt finish the season respectfully.’
    losing to the mistake by the lake on heinz field sums it up

he turned the ball over constantly, even Dan Marinos last game was loaded with turnovers

both Rothlisberger and Marino have won alot of playoff games, but once their careers were done, thats it

thats when u know a veteran QB is DONE, if Stafford couldnt win a playoff game when he was young and healthy, he will need a HUGE dose of divine luck to win one now, IMO

but agreed, the Fins did well to stay away from Staff, and the Watson price shot up, so they should avoid him also IMO
    some analysts are saying if Staff was worth 2 number one picks, Watson should be worth 4 first rounders

i dont see ANY QB i would like to have for 4 first rounders, thats expensive

Rock – My uncle ruined all that for me. When I was 13, he got me a subscription to Playboy for my Bar Mitzvah. Never needed to get any of those SI issues or anything else for that matter.

145. Jameis Winston is available, he is similar to Stafford at never winning a playoff game, except Winston only got 5 years before being ran off, versus 12 years for Stafford

this is what a black QB faces, less than half the patience a white qb gets
    if he cant lead the team to greatness, he does NOT get 12 years.

how good was Winston,,,,, was he in the same class as Farve, Rothlisberger, Cutler , and Stafford?

yea, the head of that class,,,,,

Winston has serious arm talent, but his turnovers are what will keep him from being looked at as a top tier starter. 30 INT’s and 12 fumbles = 42 turnovers in a season. I know he threw 33 TD’s but factor in the 42 turnovers and you’re not going to garner serious interest. I don’t think it has anything to do with black and white.

• check out the stats i provided , it shows that Winston as much better than Stafford

also we dont NEED any stats to know that Detroit went with the turnover prone Stafford for 12 years,
      and TB only gave the turnover prone WInston 5

Winston was the better QB, and his team had less than half the patience, its obvious that NO black QB ever had had 12 years to lead a team if he cant get the job done, there is NO black privelege for Winston

Mike E.

• pheloniusphish says:

Lol…I tend to agree. I don’t wear things that declare my intentions. Too many years working intel. Unless I am looking to elicit a certain reaction. Then I might say or do anything.

I keep reading all this crap about how QBs fail their teams, the QB is only one player of 22 starters plus OC & DC & their philosophies, Yes the QB has a greater influence on winning and losing over all positions but that is still minute in the grand scheme of things.

It’s a team effort that goes from the owner down to the towel boy, they are all spokes on a wheel.

I think some of the perennial losing teams such as Detroit, The owner is more interested in the bottomline vs winning, in fact making more $ is winning.

so to point out how Stafford never made any real progress is soley his fault is not correct, not even close!

I wouldn’t mind at all if we were able to get Stafford as i said prior to the Rams deal.

Did anyone see the Rocket ship crash yesterday. it did great up until the landing.

David that Rocket reminds me of you.

It can never stick the landing.

LOL @ Phelon – If I were talking to the wall as well it would be even better

Three golfing partners died in a car wreck and went to heaven. Upon arrival they discover the most beautiful golf course they have ever seen. St. Peter tells them that they are all welcome to play the course, but he cautions them that there is only one rule: Don’t hit the ducks during your first three months here.
    The men all have blank expressions, and finally one of them asks, “The ducks? “Yes”, St. Peter replies, “There are thousands of ducks walking around the course, and if one gets hit, he quacks, then the one next to him quacks and soon they’re all quacking to beat the band. It really breaks the tranquility, and If you hit one of the ducks, you’ll be punished, Otherwise everything is yours to enjoy.”
    Upon entering the course, the men noted that there were indeed large numbers of ducks everywhere. Within fifteen minutes, one of the guys hit a duck. The duck quacks, the one next to it quacked and soon here was a deafening roar of duck quacks.
    St. Peter walked up with an extremely homely woman in tow and asks, “Who hit the duck?” The guy who had done it admitted, “I did.” St. Peter immediately pulled out a pair of handcuffs and cuffed the man’s right hand to the homely woman’s left hand. “I told you not to hit the ducks,”, he said. Now you’ll be handcuffed together for eternity.”
    The other two men were very cautious not to hit any ducks, but a couple of weeks later, one of them accidentally did. The quacks were as deafening as before, and within minutes St. Peter walked up with an even uglier woman. He cuffed the man’s right hand to the homely woman’s left hand. “I told you not to hit the ducks,” he said; “Now you’ll be handcuffed together for eternity.”
    The third man was extremely careful. Some days he wouldn’t even play for fear of even nudging a duck. After three months, he still hadn’t hit a duck. St. Peter walked up to the man at the end of the three months, and had with him a knock-out, gorgeous woman – the most beautiful woman the man had ever seen. St. Peter smiled at the man and then, without a word, handcuffed him to the beautiful woman and walked off.
    The man, knowing that he would be handcuffed to this woman for eternity, let out a contented sigh and said aloud, “I wonder what I did to deserve this?
    The woman responds, “I don’t know about you, but I hit a duck.”

LOL @ Phelon and ORob!

Prior to the start of the 2020 season:

“Using this simple metric of fumbles and interceptions, let’s see where every quarterback with at least 50 starts ranks since 2015.

31-40 fumbles + interceptions: Tyrod Taylor
    41-50: Alex Smith
    51-60: Aaron Rodgers
    61-70: Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Case Keenum, Dak Prescott, Ryan Tannehill
    71-80: Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Cam Newton
    81-90: Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Wentz, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Russell Wilson
    91-100: Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Blake Bortles, Eli Manning
    101-110: Kirk Cousins, Philip Rivers
    111-120: None
    121-130: None
    131-140: Jameis Winston

Winston has a stunning 138 picks and fumbles combined in just 72 games.”

Don’t care much what Tannebum says, but Casserly is spot on.

The salary cap is likely going down some in 2021, not much, but if you consider other years it went up its going to put a damper on some teams.

The Chiefs 19M over, Buffalo 6M over. Both these teams will have to either restructure or cut some players.

Add in our situation, where we have cap space and an abundance of draft capital, it should push us closer to the top of the pack.

Tua will of course have to be better than he was in 2020 or none of this means anything.

Thing about our cap space is that we don’t have many guys to cut to create more room. Guess part of having such a young team. Obviously you can mortgage the future, but don’t think we are there yet. Room for say two solid if not spectacular guys though.

Would I ever like to be the guy who mixes the Gatorade.
    ——————————————–
    Here were MGM’s opening odds for the color of the Gatorade bath for the winning Super Bowl LV coach:

Orange +140
    Red/Pink +300
    Yellow/Green/Lime +500
    Clear/Grey/White +650
    Blue +800
    Purple/Violet/Indigo +800

For our board attorneys…In the USA which branch of government writes laws?

Feel like that is a trick Q. Heck — I’ve written a law or two. The tough part is getting them passed by the legislature.

Technically anyone can write them

But traditionally the legislative branch are the lawmakers in our country

LMAO @ Kong! 12 yards and the most turnovers ever.

Stanger/Piggy – who passes laws would have been the correct question. How do you feel about the CDC criminalizing (passing a law) not wearing a mask in private/public conveyances and on non-government property? While TSA overreaches by threatening civil penalties under 49 CFR § 1540.105 and 109 which are security regulations dealing with circumventing and interfering with screening personnel, respectively? All based on the President signing an EO? While EO’s only apply to government agencies?

Had a feeling you were going to executive orders with the other choice being court rulings, which have the effect of law as well. And get this EO impacts your work. EOs are big in these days from Obama to Trump and now Biden. Don’t know the full scope of the authority claimed, but if not right time to head to court. A whole bunch of Trump’s EOs overreached….. this one by Biden may as well.

• pheloniusphish says:

Not so much impact on my work. If they show without a mask at the checkpoint they get turned away. If they kick up a fuss, deputies step in. As for the EO, the President can direct agency activity through EO’s. He can say all feds and fed contractors have to wear a mask on federal property. But he can’t direct government agencies to enforce laws that haven’t been passed by congress.

• pheloniusphish says:

But it’s okay. It’s only the Constitution being trampled.

You act like it is new. Obama started the EO frenzy. Maybe not this one but the majority of Biden’s have been canceling Trump’s. That ‘s the thing about EOs versus laws….. next pres can just do away with them.

• pheloniusphish says:

Trump never tried to make laws that were to enforced on civilians. Don’t pretend it’s the same. And, as the Democrats proved, the next prez can’t always do away with the. DACA was created by EO and when trump tried to reverse it, the Dems sued.

• pheloniusphish says:

I certainly hope someone sues the administration. And I hope it goes to the SC so they can re-institute the Non-Delegation Doctrine.

Don’t think was pretending anything. And hop people go to court as well…. in fact already put that out. I really couldn’t care less about this situation…. so no Trump v Biden about it for me. Just hope it works out how you want — cause I like you.

I tend to think it’s standard stuff

To draw a comparison, the cdc issued an eviction moratorium last September during the prior administration as a means of addressing covid (it’s actually still in effect)

That is specifically what I do so I had the chance to address that moratorium with other people that practice that and with judges. There was some confusion bc it’s not generally the type of thing we look to the cdc for legal guidance on

and frankly, I think the cdc doesnt have jurisdiction over that and I know at least one NY judge who would have ruled that way had they been forced to make a decision with that moratorium as a basis

But that controversy between whether the cdc has jurisdiction never saw the light of day – bc NY state has a moratorium too (and without getting into the weeds, there’s more than just a moratorium here). The courts still aren’t even operational to hear those cases, even if a case is commenced

So it’s ends up being moot. So it doesn’t matter if it was overstepping authority or had jurisdiction – bc Ny state certainly had jurisdiction and they had a law which really, surpassed it.

But make no mistake about it, the cdc moratorium left some very knowledgeable people shrugging kind of like “wtf is this” – we just got lucky and didn’t have to deal with a controversy of whether it’s enforceable or not bc Ny law (and really practice) surpassed it.

Take that and apply it to any federal mask mandate

You’ll have the same things is some states. They have laws that surpass it. So no real conflict. But other states that don’t have those kind of mandates – maybe we will see a challenge

My inclination is to say a state that challenges it in court, might succeed, but there is some deference to an administrative agencies body’s powers. That’s really a rabbit hole of it’s own. There’s some leeway, there’s also some limitation.

My gut tells me a court might rule that it might go a little too far

That said, I support and expect aggressive federal action to combat covid19 even if it is stricken in court. So I’m all in on it! Lol

There is a long history of these sort of battles. Andrew Jackson famously had to take on the governor of South Carolina who refused to honor a Supreme Court decision in Worcester v GA (it’s confusing as to why the SC governor was up in arms about a GA decision but it’s the kind of thing you see a lot in pre civil war America).

FDR pushes some serious limits trying to take us out of the depression

I think there is some famous quote like – “they ruled now let’s see them enforce it” I can’t remember the quote

Here we are today in a pandemic and I’m kind of rooting for the Federal gov as a whole to really push the envelope to get this thing under control

But it’s always a balancing act, so I expect a few darts to miss the dart board

We will see

As I was writing there are several more posts on this so I will reply

Phish, the CDC under trump DID pass laws that effect civilians. The moratorium I referred to affected every landlord in the United States.

It certainly isn’t consistent with what his propensities were, generally leaving a lot to the states, but it’s nearly impossible for the fed govt leave everything to the states

Like I said above, I prefer to see the Fed govt get in there and aggressively take this on and make up for states that don’t.

I can’t believe how many posts there are debating Matthew Stafford being traded to the Rams.

This team better get their shit together and take the AFCE this season. I just had to eat shit from a stinkin bills fan and I couldn’t even dispute any of what he was saying. His teams backups DID destroy our team when we were desperately trying to get into the playoffs. I hope every Player remembers the feeling of the ass pounding they took week 17.

the bills put up 87 points on this team last season. EMBARRASSING

Piggy – Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I’m mostly irritated by the TSA part of it because I spent so many years enforcing those regs for TSA. Such an abuse.

I’m about 90% sure that you are going to get your wish and it will be challenged in court

I’m probably more around 50/50 whether it will be stricken

But even if it is, they just go back to the drawing board and try to do it again through some other means

It’s an odd way to do this sort of “legislation” but it’s also not really a surprise to me and kind of par for the course when you deal with a new administration who has a new problem to tackle

It all started with this one.

Lots of talk out there about the Raiders shopping Derek Carr. What’s more, there are *whispers* about Andrew Luck coming out of retirement. Crazy!

What’s more, there is no NFL Combine this year… yes, most of us know this. But the Combine was where all of NFL brass rubbed elbows, talking about FA acquisitions (to re-sign a player or not), trades, and the like. To be clear, it was a place where ‘legal’ tampering had a blind-eye.

Interested to see how business is conducted this year.

It’s good to see someone other than SB7 and I are aware of this growing threat. Viva la…err..the down with Norway movement!!

Would you be interested in trading for Derek Carr or Andrew Luck? I mean, both have thrown for over 17 yards in a game and are just a little bit younger than Matthew Stafford… just sayin’… 😉

168. bailbondmike says:

If y’all don’t mind a prayer for my wife’s really good friend, Nicole Cristofaro.

She is one tough Italian woman. Her kidneys shut down some years ago and was on the donor list then a year later was diagnosed with breast cancer. She beat that but had to be removed from the donor list for 5 years after her last chemo treatment. Fast forward to last November her dialysis port got infected and she became severely septic with infection around her heart. Doctors said she had maybe 2 weeks to live. Miraculously she pulled through that. Three weeks ago she was diagnosed with COVID. She got admitted a week later. Two days after being admitted they found out her port was infected again and she was septic again. On top of that, she has double pneumonia from COVID. She is fighting hard but doctors don’t think she will make it to the weekend. She only has 8 more months to get back on the donor list. My wife is a mess. Appreciate the prayers!

BBM. Prayers for yer friend

Damn BBM, my best to Nicole Cristofaro

Positive vibes coming out from the west coast, BBM!!

BBM: Nicole is in our prayers, too. A guy I work with has missed almost 4 weeks of work due to covid. His wife, who was doing poorly in ICU, is now home resting comfortably. Oddly enough, both my co-worker & his wife thought the covid was a “Total creation of the Liberal media!” They both are singing a different tune now!
      ————–
      Two days ago the local TV stations were calling for a 70% chance of rain on Super Sunday. Now they’re saying a 40% chance of rain with a high 0f 73. This morning it was near 32 degrees in the northern suburbs of Tampa when I walked my dogs! Had to wear my Dolphins Super Bowl leather jacket and a LONG PAIR OF PANTS!! Oh, the indignity!

172. bailbondmike says:

You all are awesome, THANK YOU! Sorry to here about people close to you.

NEW BLOG UP!!!