What will the 2021 Miami Dolphins Defense look like?

Two of our top 4 picks in the 2021 draft were spent on defense. The #18 pick to me was the pivotal pick because I think adding Jaelan Phillips to this defense will energize a pass rush that improved last year with the addition of Emmanuel Ogbah who led the team, and also the emergence of “AVG” Andrew Van Ginkel who really came on last season. Keep in mind Emmanuel Ogbah had 8 sacks through 9 games last season and finished with 9, so 1 sack in the last 7 games. There’s a reason, opposing teams focused on Ogbah because Shaq Lawson wasn’t getting it done. So now we have the young pass rusher we need and in exchange for Shaq Lawson, we received ILB Benardrick McKinney. Don’t underestimate this move. As much as I believe drafting Phillips was so important to our defense, I think trading for Benardrick McKinney was a big step too, though not as much as getting Phillips. Consider that Elandon Roberts is rehabbing from a knee injury very late in the season (Game 16), we needed this. In addition, McKinney will be the perfect inside backer that will continue to allow #55 to be all over the field and we’ll now have a guy who can be productive against the run and can also chase down plays to the sidelines. In round 2 pick #36, the Dolphins took who they believe to be the starting FS opposite SS Eric Rowe, Jevon Holland. Holland will be given every opportunity to win that job as good ole Bobby McCain was let go.

I think our defense already had a very promising trajectory, even before the Lawson/McKinney trade and before the draft. I like our young, strong defensive line with DE’s Christian Wilkins and Emmanuel Ogbah and NT Raekwon Davis. Ogbah is the elder statesman at nearly 28 while Wilkins is nearly 26 and Davis is only 24. AVG will be 26 at season’s start and Jaelan Phillips is 22. These guys are just going to get better, and make no mistake, Jaelan Phillips is going to make this defense better. He will be a guy that must be accounted for and when there are multiple guys on your defense that fit in that category, that’s when defenses feast. I think Phillips is going to have that impact on our defense. If AVG can improve on the good work he did last year, our defense can be a real force. He played in only 46% of the defensive snaps and managed 5.5 sacks and 10 QB hits in addition to nearly 50 tackles. If he can earn more playing time and increase his production accordingly, watch out!

The secondary was already the premier unit of the defense and hopefully Jevon Holland can elevate it even further. Last season Bobby McCain played SS and played the majority of snaps there. This year Rowe will be playing SS and it’s expected that rookie Jevon Holland will play FS. Holland may also play some slot corner and nickel corner, a job Nik Needham handled most of the time last season. With two excellent cover corners in Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, this may be the best CB tandem in the NFL. Howard is the ballhawk and playmaker while Jones is your typical shutdown corner. Howard started and played in all 16 games finishing with an incredible 10 INT’s. Jones started and played 14 games last season and totaled just 2 INT’s, but as I said earlier, he does a great job of shutting down the receiver he is responsible for.

I honestly can’t wait to see this defense on the field. If Phillips lives up to the hype I’m bestowing on him this defense can be something to see. We so desperately need that player that opposing teams must pay extra special attention to and I can’t remember the last time we’ve had that. For some perspective, last season was the first season in which we accumulated more sacks on defense than we allowed in quite some time. We had 41 sacks and allowed only 34. In 2019 we allowed 58 and got only 23 of our own on defense. Still think the O-line didn’t improve??? I had to go all the way back to 2009 to find a comparison even close to last season. In 2009 we had 44 sacks and allowed 34. Our +7 from last season was impressive, imagine if we make that even better this season . . .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

2,674 Responses to What will the 2021 Miami Dolphins Defense look like?

Person A: Only the super large highly visible ones
    Person B: That’s not true, do some better research. Here’s a list of the highly visible ones that are doing it.

• why is it important how many companies support holidays before congress passed it?

• sb7mvp says:

That has nothing to do with my post. D said something. You said it wasn’t true and told him to do better research, then went on to support what he said by listing the very companies he was talking about, even though you said it wasn’t true.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    June 17, 2021 at 9:48 am
    9 percent of all corporations is a large number of companies, celebrating BEFORE congress passed it IMO
    _____
    He said most, which would be much larger than 9%. Most is a majority. 9% isn’t even close to 1/4.

• true, i said it was a large number overall,which is true also, but why is it important how many were on board before congress passed it ?

I was just making a comment that we, the private sector, will not see an observation of it for a while longer. There was no argument i was just commenting on it. Every reply is not an attack on your statement.

• i dont fully understand the importance of your not many statement, so im asking for clarification

why is it important, how many companies support holidays before congress passes them?

Lol. Not to mention what’s the argument here I’m not saying companies shouldn’t observe it i just don’t think we see anything in the private sector for a long time.

• why wouldnt smaller companies celebrate national holidays?

Well first, they have to approve holidays through the board, and this year, which was another quantified, they are not prepared for approving it through their boards. Private business don’t observe all government holidays, they will have to take it to a vote and i promise you business men don’t want to give up days of productivity, so it wont be approved right off and most likely wont be approved until pressured by employees or developing a bad reputation for not observing it, this means MOST, will not feel the pressure to observe it right off and likely will take a few years for it to even be brought to the board for voting. This is not la la land dreaming, this is the reality.

Seriously though, why argue it, I’m not against it, i like days off too, I’m not one of the powers that be that would vote it down anyways, etc. I’m just saying we, the private sector employees, will not see an observation of it in the near future.

David, dude ya got to chill with your SJW stuff, you rush to defend even when there isn’t any needed. It was a harmless comment. I mean i can just wall you out and stop commenting on your posts, but I’m including you by reading and commenting. It doesn’t feel right to me to block you, out, or anyone else, but damn man….

• i have done nothing wrong, YOu made a point of not many, and i asked for clarification of the not many, and why is it important

thats it

I did clarify and your still questioning me lol. You seem to be reading into what im saying dude, like SB7 just posted below, you seemed like you didn’t even read my post because everything i say was 100% accurate and you even followed up with proof of my accuracy, so if your not reading something else into it and feeling like you have to defend it, why haven’t you just dropped the thing. You keep asking me for more clarification and i keep giving it only for you to ask for clarification of the clarification lol.

• you have not answered my question of why is it important of how many are on board with it before congress passes it?

forget it , its obvious you dont want to answer it, moving on

David,
    I was merely pointing out that you didn’t bother to read D’s posts before responding with “that’s not true” then following up with a response that basically said the same thing he was saying.

• thats because i dont fully understand what he said, or why its important how many are celebrating before congress passes the bill

so i asked for clarification, not confrontation

i didnt get an answer, so i still dont know why its important how many are celebrating before congress passed it

Which is my point about going SJW. That’s how they roll. Everything is some one pooping on their ideals, and I’m far from that. Both the observation of it and the right and wrong of that is full outside my scope.

The government votes for it, I’m all for it, they are the ones that set the holidays.

I benefit from it being private sector observed so im not talking against observation at the private level

Lastly, even on a personal level i don’t have anything against it. I’m white, it doesn’t hurt me in the least to observe the holiday, and to be quite honest as a white person its almost important for me to not have an opinion of it, because id probably be wrong either way by sticking my nose in it.

• i didnt mean to upset You, sorry if i did

i asked for clarification, which you now did, thank You

I’m not upset, just was getting frustrated trying to explain in a way that finally got through. This board and its people dont really upset me anymore. I use to let things get to me and get drug down and now i cut my losses way before it. Frustrated from time to time, maybe, upset not really and if so i step away long enough to let what little built up fade away. Id try it sometimes on your part as well, its better for your health.

5. we good D. dont have to answer it, im fine, im just happy the markets are doing good, lol

David, its never been part of my statement that it does matter how many were on board, its just been a comment about the fact that we, in the private sector will not be seeing any observation by business in the immediate future. That’s the point. It seems like your rooting around for this to be something its not.

Now I’m caught up, David is off his meds again, D and 7 need to go on meds after banging there heads against the wall, it might rain today in Miami for the last day of camp

• why dont u butt out of my business, and stop attacking bloggers

you seem triggered today for no reason, grow a pair

Just BB, your ass is wound so tight your head may explode, take a load off, remove your SJW shield every once in a while.

You need an example just reread that convo you had with D and 7, it’s like you don’t read everything or you read stuff in that isn’t there…

8. im trying to post a link about Tua tossing 6 touchdowns, but its not going through?

9. bailbondmike says:

Gov. Ron DeSantis Sending Florida Law Enforcement Officers To Southern Border
    ——————————
    We need a DeSantis to govern every state.

10. Florida taxpayers shouldnt have to pay for the governors of texas asking them for money

Florida taxes are for Florida, NOT Texas
    this is misuse of taxpayer funds, Desantis doesnt represent Floridians well

11. Phindog says:

Holy batshit !!

12. a mentally ill man acquired a gun in that publix shooting, and killed a baby and a grandmother. but Desantis wants to help Texas and Arizona by sending law enforcement personnel?

they should refuse, desantis cant handle crime in FL, let alone at the border

this is a political stunt to tap into the people he wants to help him run for potus, but its misuse of taaxpayer funds and should be stopped

13. bailbondmike says:

a mentally ill man acquired a gun
    ————————-
    That is a national problem not just a FL problem and it is not DeSantis’ fault.

• its a national problem for sure, but misusing taxpayer funds for political stunts is wrong IMO

Fl is not safe, its one of the most deadliest states, murders rose in 2020 over 2019 in FLorida

have you ever seen the border patrol up close in texas? i have, they have special equipment and vehicles that FL cops do NOT have

FL cops will be thousand miles away from home, and not equipped or trained for border patrol, I hope nothing happens to them, but they are at risk in ways they have never experienced before

but this is a political stunt, Desantis doesnt want to be governor, he wants to be president,

so hes misusing FL taxpayer funds to tap into what was formerly trumps base, to help him get elected

the border wont be safer, and FL cops will get injured or possibly killed over there, its too dangerous for just a Florida cop

14. bailbondmike says:

David, you live in a bubble. I work with FDLE here in NW FL, almost the entire panhandle. We have some great Sheriff’s up here. They have wiped out the entire meth manufacturing industry up here. You never hear about meth lab busts up here anymore but meth use and dealing is almost the worst it has ever been.

Meth and fentanyl are coming to FL in car loads from the Texas border. The mules are illegal immigrants who just recently got here and newly recruited by the cartels. They are given a cheap beater full of drugs and told where to go. Once they make that one run they get to keep the car and are free to pursue their dreams.

If you are driving a beater with Texas tags on I-10 east you better expect to be profiled.

DeSantis was to help nip this in the ass by going to the source. This is why all the Sheriff’s and FHP are on board. It’s not wasting tax payer dollars when it is helping FL residents and saving lives.

You call yourself an independent but every time a republican does something for the good of their people you go on an unsubstantiated rant like a left wing nut.

This is true, i don’t know how many times i got pulled over coming from Texas to Mississippi just because i still had a FL tag at the time. Its been a pipeline for drugs for a long time, and helping patrol the border in Texas has a chance to minimize that. No doubt that the police force in FL is well trained, but i do worry about them, without additional training taking on a cartel or human trafficking ring.

• i disagreee, I DONT live in a bubble, im aware of what FL cops are facing, In FL, and what a difficult job they have

they have some successes for sure, but facts cant be denied, the FL murder rate was up in 2020 over 2019

im not a wing nut to expect FL funds to be used for FL citizens, thats the way it should be

I am very concerned with the FL cops being sent as a political stunt, when they are ill equipped to deal with the border

police in FL< are trained and equipped to deal with FL issues, not border patrol

border patrol is very specialized, and have much diffferent equipment , training, and vehicles, they are bad asses , lol but its an impossible job really

the border is very dangerous, i make no apologies for being concerned with FL officers health and well being a thousand miles away from home, when they are needed here in FL

its a FL taxpayer funded political stunt , that puts FL police at risk, and leaves FL with less officers

the border is a war zone, and has been for a very long time, FL cops arent the answer, and are at great risk of bodily harm, that truly is concerning to Me, i hope they make it back

Oh and its not just beaters, i have seen the “pairs” where there are two runners in brand new vehicles, possibly on rental contract or hell maybe even swiped from the dealerships, running pairs as twins and that way the one that doesn’t have the money and guns gets pulled over as soon as someone pops them with radar. They burn it to Texas, get the drugs and do the same thing going back. The once bringing it across the border are in beaters usually but the runners from other states are usually in really nice vehicles with all the options. Im sure they have all kind of methods for getting it out to the rest of the US, but it starts at crossing the border and thats why its very important to police that well. I just saw an episode on my tru crime station that said these days, majority of the meth is coming from across the border, where as in the 80’s and 90’s it was coming from the midwest.

I agree that border patrol is a different beast than being a street cop in FL. If they are sending basic cops and not SWAT then i do hope they get better training because they probably will be dealing with cartel people, and the human trafficking guys who are fairly well armed. Still i dont really think its misappropriation, he is helping out another state in their time of need, just got to be careful that he doesn’t weakening FL’s state protection/own border patrol and in general police force to do so. Hopefully this means he hires additional staff. Maybe thats his goal to replace some numbers that previous leadership trimmed down on.

16. bailbondmike says:

——————————–
    Are you fucking serious Clark? These are seasoned police officers and have tons more experience with violent criminals. If anything, they have more training and experience than border patrol agents.

To me its about whether they have specific training. Like training on spotting and handling cartel movements and/or the people trafficers. This isnt routine policework and though i do agree with you that they are very skilled, maybe not specifically trained in those situation. I sorta agree with David, in principal on their safety, but not necessarily with the rest of the argument/statement. What they need is federals there, with the very best training on all sort of international movements, large gang activity, etc. Unfortunately the governments hands are tied. If they would stop complaining about “shutting down the border” and look at it as policing it for criminals i think they could get past their reservations and help out some. This has become so politicized though, doing the right thing is out the window.

Well of course, they are hands down the best overall tightends in the NFL. I feel that Pitts is going to surpass both of them eventually, but they are and will be the top for at least this year or next i believe. Geisicki might have a shot to surpass them but he is going to have to very much step his game.

On others, they are expected to serve as the security blanket for quarterbacks who can’t get a good look at their receivers downfield.

Looks like they were writing about Tua, anyways having that security blanket may be why Long was drafted

I think Smythe plays that role pretty well too. I think Long was undervalued and they picked him up because he is a complete TE with a lot better receiving skills that may have been apparent given the poor nature of his offensive system. I think he was ranked by their scouts well above his draft position and they took him because he was BPA. I thought he was solid, but i also didn’t think we needed a TE unless it was once a decade type talent, ie Pitts.

Simple fact is any state that sends people to help patrol the border isn’t misappropriating anything, states help each other out in times of need. They send their disaster recovery resources to FL when they need them so this is FL helping out back. IMO though, they are helping themselves at the same time because most the drugs come into this country from outside this country so again there is a purpose that is in FL’s interests. I do agree with you that i would hope its not at the expense of weakening FL’s own criminal justice system, but its entirely possible they have worked it out so that it isnt.

Did they say what kind of cops they were sending, like their Drug enforcement officers etc.? Those guys are perfectly trained for this.

Doubt many folks will get June 19th off. How many get Columbus Day or Veterans Day off. Post office will be closed though.

It’s really just a political holiday, in that the dems are catering to their base.

If any republican apposed it, it would be political suicide, they’d be called a racist

There’s no doubt it is a holiday mainly for African Americans. But then any Jewish person in my office could get the Jewish holidays off no questions asked.

• pheloniusphish says:

Just like Independence Day…nothing but the government closes.

Matters in NOVA though. Remember a number of days driving to work and wondering why traffic was so light only to later realize it was Columbus Day.

Oddly enough my company does observe that day, and if it happens on a weekend they observer it with a day off on the Friday before or Monday after. We have always had that day off but i do realize not all or probably most (you know around 9% lol) even observe that day.

Nova?, that means no go right? Shouldn’t every day be clear of traffic in a place called No va, i mean with such a heavy Hispanic population and all.

We don’t get Columbus Day off, we do get NV Day off at the end of October though in its place

D — NOVA = Northern Virginia (DC area). Phish I have both lived there, believe he still does when not in the Keys.

Figured it has some other meaning, but thanks for the info i like to learn new things lol. Was mostly making fun. Nova was a reason for the Chevy car with that name for doing particularly poorly in places where Spanish was their language base, for the reasons listed above. The car’s name literally meant no go so people tended to stay away from it lol.

And you taught me something. What a cluster F by Chevy. Talking Spanish and not Farsi or something.

Yeah thats what im saying. Private businesses have to decide corporately which they observe and not, and though they might all eventually observer it wil a day off, i doubt that’s anytime in the immediate future. They may observer it internally with company postings, or “dress in support of” days, but we are a long way away from a day off lol. Hell we didn’t have MLK day off until a few years ago. My company will probably be a big time hold out not because they are racists, but because they don’t like to give us free days off lol.

Stanger, anymore it doesn’t matter. I-95 is a parking lot everyday.

And why when I move back to FL in a couple of years I won’t live south of PSL

I think Central to Northern FL makes for a better retirment area, assuming thats the goal, if not then Souh FL has more employment opportunities. Central FL is probably best of both worlds

That traffic I do not miss. Could improve some post Covid. Whether full time or 2-3 days a week think working from home is here to stay. Places — or maybe more importantly — workers got used to it…. and liked it.

21. bailbondmike says:

D, I get what y’all are saying about the cops not having the training of border agents. I have been on many arrests with them where he called them to assist us in arresting violent criminals. They are very good at what they do. There are 2 occasions over the last 8 years where I probably would have been a dead man if we had not had them.

IMO, I think it will be a small learning curve to get on board with the border agents. Is it more dangerous due to the cartel? Hell yeah, but they they get killed on routine traffic stops also.

Tua oh that’s bad, no that’s good

5 ints Tuesday, followed by 6 TDs on Wed

Until he becomes the steady face of the franchise we’ll be hearing about what color his shit was on a daily basis

— Talking about first-round pick Jaylen Waddle, Flores says he played he made in practice Wednesday showed he’s running pretty well. This idea that Waddle has a limp is ridiculous, as we’ve mentioned before. He’s just got a different way of walking.

25. Marinofan13 says:

sb7mvp says:
    June 17, 2021 at 2:16 pm
    Saw he walks like a duck, but does he talk like a duck?
    ————-
    Hopefully he doesn’t lay eggs like a duck.

26. Marinofan13 says:

Speaking of ducks… Duck Season by Digital Underground (Shock G)

27. Marinofan13 says:

28. Marinofan13 says:

29. Marinofan13 says:

30. bailbondmike says:
    June 17, 2021 at 12:25 pm
    ——————————–

sounds like You live in a bubble, take a trip to brownsville and Mcallen borders, LIKE I DID, and then we can talk\

the border patrol is a much tougher job, although You obviously are unaware of it

FL cops are NOT trained, or equipped for Border patrol duty, You may think so, but drive from FL to the border like i did, and find out for yourself\, OR, stay in your little bubble a thousand miles away

FL cops are needed in FL< where they are trained, paid for, and equipped. its going to be dangerous to put FL cops in a border patrol job with no training, equipment, or experience in border patrol siturations

and I do NOT want to look at flag draped coffins getting shipped back to FL, there wont be

but FL criminals can rejoice, because there will be alot less cops in FL, SMH

Why would you travel to the border at brownsville and Mcallen?

To prove a point here?

I’m calling BS, if it doesn’t make any sense I’m not buying it.

Most likely caught up in a lie and trying to lie your way out, just like your politicians and MSM do

• i did several years ago, when i had work in Texas, havent You ever wondered what its really like down there? best way to know is go, the curiosity got the best of Me

i posted fence and border pictures, right here in the Dolphins blog

let me know when you go down there, and then i would be interested in what you saw

• whatever, i never need to lie, because i dont live in a bubble, ive traveled the world many times and have the passport stamps to prove it

i

• You dont have to worry if FL cops die on the border, it wont be your money supporting it

There you go again… don’t remember any border wall pictures.

Even if you did go down there, it’s not like the people the cartel sent through are right in front of you, so what kind of knowledge do you think you could’ve gotten there to make you say to us we should go to the border?

I’ve been to the TJ border many times, almost got my wallet picked by some kid, he couldn’t have been more than 12. Soon as I got out of the cab I felt for my wallet and it was gone, but grabbed onto one of the 5 fuckers and said you had better drop my wallet or he’s coming with me.

There’s as much shit going on there, than any place in TX and you really don’t see anything unusual

• Steve, why are you so worried about it> i havent lied to You, and dont usually read MSN as much as you do, but just curious, what kind of lies do MSN tell, currently they are running articles on the heat wave, thats true, its HOT out west

btw i dont care if you dont believe ME, not at all, as a matter of fact, i would expect You to make up more false accusatiions, so why bother

you have NO skin in the game, NO horse in the race,
        BBM and Me pay FL taxes, You dont, so dont worry about FL taxes

I will be paying those taxes soon enough, and glad they aren’t as bad as CA or NY, wouldn’t live in one of those states these days

CA wasn’t so bad when I was there, but never again

30 or 40 years ago people from non big cities were talking about splitting the state into 2 or 3, because of the taxes

You wrote it and can’t back it up, so what knowledge do you think you’ve acquired or what specifically did you see that makes you this border expert or at least more knowledge than the rest of us?

It’s almost the same BS your party tries to pull with identity politics

31. bailbondmike says:

M13, have you listened to Loza Alexander? Another independent who’s whole last album was censored. I believe he can only be found on youtube but has lawsuits pending. He is along the lines of Topher and Forgiato Blow. Not sure how I feel about his music but message spot on. Try “Dear Biden”.

32. but it wont be a forever argument, i just got back from a job interview and got hired, hell yea! im stoked!

im going to be a tax preparer, another Krishna in the house
    eventuallty, ill be able to work from home, this is perfect for Me

even though i wont have enough time to come here and convince BBM that FL police arent prepared for Texas and Arizona border patrol, this pays salary and commision lol

33. Marinofan13 says:

bailbondmike says:
    June 17, 2021 at 3:01 pm
    —————–
    I’ve never heard of Loza Alexander. About to check him out…

• Marinofan13 says:

————–
      I LOVE what he has to say! I LOVE the music, especially the piano!

Conversely, it almost sounds Loza is reciting what he’s written. He doesn’t have a powerful voice and lacks conviction in what he’s saying.

I’d call him a rising star who can become a VERY powerful voice with some coaching-up. As always, I appreciate the heads up, Brother!

• Marinofan13 says:

It takes a lot of time and practice to master the art of a convincing voice. I really like Loza and look forward to his future works.

steveccnv says:
    June 17, 2021 at 1:31 pm
    Tua oh that’s bad, no that’s good

5 ints Tuesday, followed by 6 TDs on Wed

———————————————-
    The 5 ints was in a monsoon and they were doing deep passes which is more affected by weather than shorter ones, they were in the bubble yesterday. I think tis pretty certain he was affected by the weather on the first day. I saw picts of what they were playing in and it wasnt light rain it was heavy stuff.

35. Marinofan13 says:

I think Stanger would agree with me that Byron Jones has a future in communications (perhaps the booth) once he retires from the game. Man, he’s a very intelligent cat and exceptionally smooth. I enjoy his interviews.

McCourty is another, some people are just born smooth talkers, then there’s guys like booger mcfarland

I like listening to either a very collected well spoken interview where the intelligence of the paly is in full display or the ones where they just ooze passion about the game. Both of those are traits i find important to see in a play. Doesn’t often exist int he same person but occasionally ya find it and its like finding a unicorn.

Incidentally people were jokingly asking if he wadlles like a duck and speaks like a duck, that dude is like Jones, both smooth, if not very soft spoken and collected.

Agreed, and I think he’s involved in business seminars to help athletes learn about other options after football. I feel like I saw an interview with him about that on GMFB.

Ive been to Brownsville, we had a system install at the hospital down there. I mean ist not as bad as your making it out to be, but it doesn’t matter about those towns, its the people crossing the border and they are rough dudes.

Only bit of agreement i really have is that its a danger unlike most beat cops have dealt with and the maneuverings of the cartel and human traffickers aren’t as generic to the training of standard cops. Most cops keep their head on a swivel so they stay alert but they know what to look for from the prospective of domestic situation and i just think additional training would be needed for them to be safe on patrol of the border.

Every situation a cop is in is dangerous and its all about the training specific to their detail that saves their lives. If they aren’t Drug Enforcement or SWAT, then i think their training as is wouldn’t be sufficient. Now its 100% likely they would be getting additional training once they arrived, but like i said i wouldn’t expect them to be able to be safe dropped in there as is.

• cool, have you seen FL cops?,

do you feel they compare to the border patrol in equipment and training, and are ready to secure Texas and Arizona, and stick the bill to Florida?

trump promised his wall would work, when it fails, FL has to save the nation? i guess i disagree

I lived in FL, different parts of the panhandle from childhood through about 27. In fact i spent a good 8 years of it in the same area that BBM is in now. I think they are skilled police but i do think border patrol is a different beast, ive said that in a few of my posts that you don’t read lol.

As I’m reading it, Florida isnt going to be the sole border patrol, they are just going to assist. I don’t see that as a bad thing, like i said we are answering the call for assistance that Texas has issues to get the border under control. Like i said before i know for fact, since my part of Florida was damn near destroyed by Hurricane Michael that Texas and many other states sent assistance to us, its only right to answer the call when they want help back.

I kind of see it as pay back and as long as their receive the additional training they need to help with the border patrol, i don’t see the harm in helping that out. Like i said in some ways it helping themselves, because shutting down this human trafficking and drug running helps everyone. This all is in response from the government not assisting them with this and the states decided if the government wont help then they would all assist each other. As i said before, the government are in control of the best resources with the best training, to do this but they aren’t going to send then.

Jesse Davis is only the third player in Dolphins history to make starts at four different positions on the team’s offensive line.

The other two are Nate Garner and Jeff Dellenbach, who started at all five.

Dellenbach was pretty good, the other 2 are more the journeymen type

That history lesson is like saying Fitz has played for every team in the NFL at least once, it’s a stat that he may be proud of, but doesn’t exactly say HOF😉

Does seem if you are an uber-stud you take a position and hold it. But god bless the swing OL guys. Being pretty good and able to play four positions should get you a bigger contract.

You find your niche, those are the guys that love the game, but aren’t the most talented

38. Steve, i dont have a party, im independent, why do u non stop lie, and accuse me of lying? just stop. nothing to be gained by lying about Me

like i said, You pay no FL taxes, and this doesnt pertain to you

just stop, you are looking like You just want to argue nonstop

Have you gone back and looked at any of your posts the last 24 hours?

• Marinofan13 says:

Why are you an Indy voter, I ask, when you espouse so much leftist ideology? Honest question, sir.

• the right has gone too far right imo, they attacked the capitol, and
        guys like tucker carlson are bald faced liars and conspiracy fearmongers

but i dont like how the left also takes corporation payoffs, like the right, so i curently dislike all of them

maybe someday we can get a candidate , of any party that wont take corporate payouts, and will represent American citizens

David — you perked my interest a few days ago when you said had been around the world 7 times. Were you in the merchant marine? I know a few folks who have gone around the world, but only once. Like they did it to say they did.

• no, i just like to travel, and have some family overseas, its alot of fun
      also i was pissed off my wife didnt want to travel, and she wanted out of the marriage, so i took off for awhile

i have circled the planet at least 7 times over the last 20 years, the only bubble i live in is the earths atmosphere

i went fishing in Lake bakal in Siberia, and posted many China and Vietnam pics here before
      been to North Korea, China , vietnam, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Peru, and Mongolia, Phillipines, Hong Kong, thats about it

ive rode the shanghai bullet train, and saw the bruce lee museum, gotta luv it

big bruce lee fan

All sounds real cool. Been to all the continents ‘cept Antartica but never on a trip where the chosen way home wasn’t the way I got there. Maybe some day, but seems 2-3 weeks is enough for us.

• my wife was from China, sure you remember that, she likes to visit her mother every few years too, so i went to Asia a few times before we married, and a few times after also

the miles add up quick, its 12 time zones to get there one way

40. bailbondmike says:

M, you hit the nail on the head with Loza. Needs more power in his voice.

• Marinofan13 says:

Thank you, BBM! I really like him, but he needs more conviction in what he’s saying.

• Marinofan13 says:

NOBODY needs to go THIS far in their voice, but this is conviction on STEROIDS!!!

• Marinofan13 says:

You can tell this was done on (reel-to-reel) tape, not digital. The compression was most impressive on this!

41. but im probably done going to Asia, its too cramped in the seats to fly 15 hours straight, its for younger people, lol

i have had some great experiences, and some horrible ones, but im likely done traveling at this point, I got a new job now and need to focus on that

42. Phindog says:

I call BS on around the world 7 times.

43. i think its hilarious we were talking about taxes a couple days back , and i got hired as a tax preparer today, lol i

im excited to go back to work,
    im getting bored at home day trading, and want to get out and help others, i can hold long positions and get a salary and comission from the people that i can help with their returns

its going to be a little slow during the offseason, but then balls to the wall after December until all the extensions are complete in August

so ill have a few months off every year, thats ok`

44. Steve, im going to have to ignore your non stop arguing, im in a great mood and you are in a hate mood

No, I’m in a call out BS mood and you’ve had so many misteps in your exaggerated stories today

• i have been honest, and u cant prove that i havent, just argued all day about BS that doesnt pertain to you
        there isnt anything to lie about, and im not a liar.

so in light of that, you fucking suck asshole, and thats the truth as i see it

I worked with a guy once in So Cal, his name was David Helmsworth, he raced at Indy, owned a horse that was sold, then ran in the Kentucky Derby…you name it this guy did it

The only thing I believe is the trips to China, because we were here, when you went there

You said you have the passport to prove it, post some pictures of it

47. Marinofan13 says:

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    June 17, 2021 at 4:32 pm
    the right has gone too far right imo, they attacked the capitol, and
    guys like tucker carlson are bald faced liars and conspiracy fearmongers

————
    His name was DONALD J TRUMP! And for him being a white cat, he probably has more black friends than even I do! DJT is ANYTHING but a white-supremacist, David!

Have you seen any tape of what really happened on Jan 6th? The capital police actually INVITED the so-called “insurrectionists” inside! Guess what… only one person was killed: ASHLEY BABBITT, at the hands of the capital police… and the government won’t release her killer’s name.

You’ve GOT to get a handle on things, Brah!

• trump has been very racist for decades, the white supremacists love him for it, he also said he would march with them there and try to overturn the election, which he is still lying about

i have seen alot of video of jan 6, they were mostly far right crackpots that hate America IMO and trump told them to go there

the left , or the independents werent trying to overthrow democracy and trespass illegally,

it was the trump incited mob that did, and the republicans are trying to downplay it ever since, SMH they suck

Does anyone really suck asshole? LOL

49. Phindog says:

Dude going to China for the first time for your mail order bride does not make you a world traveler. Just saying.

David — if wasn’t actually 7 times around the world, why didn’t you just say that when I gently gave you a chance on that? By not doing it you got folks going.

“Meant traveled enough miles to have gone around the world 7 times.” See how easy that is?

• u see how easy it is to discuss this, when shitheads like dogshit are dissing my wife?

im done

Told you got people going. Met many people and the most that have gone around the world is one. You said seven and stuck with it. Even if Dog used a bad phrase (said about my wife as well at times)…… folks don’t like being lied too.

• Phindog says:

Never said anything about your wife other than she’s a wonderful person and you’re lucky to have her in your life.🐕

51. Marinofan13 says:

bailbondmike says:
    June 17, 2021 at 5:07 pm
    I dated a girl who looked like Pat Benatar back in 1982
    ————–
    NICE!!! And I absolutely love Pat Benatar. Truthfully, I dated a girl who looked like Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman) back in ’99. And I have pics and video to prove it!

52. i want to say
    no one here should be badmouthing wives and girlfriends of other bloggers, and making up harmful lies about them,

that should be off limits IMO, i would never stoop that low to attack others and who they are married or girlfriend

• bailbondmike says:

I agree and my beaner wife would agree also.

So the physical threats on Dog about this weren’t enough? Get why you didn’t like, but you became the first poster in years to overtly make them.

• im not threatening dog, just calling him out as a coward for not saying that shit to my face, it wont end well if he does

many husbands would defend his wife from hateful racists spouting hate and dissing their wives, im not the only one, lol

its wrong to do it on a football blog, and its wrong face to face also, he doesnt even know her, and never will

“fucking coward dissing my wife on a football blog, you best not say that to my face, ill fuck you up bad, try it and see” — not a threat?

• u can call it a threat, but the threat is to defend my wife, not to go after dog

i dont think he should have went there, its wrong

i m not coming after dog, hes attacking my wife, and im telling him to back the fuck off or say it to my face and pay the price
        but back the fuck off either way is what im saying, he has no right to say ANYTHING about my wife, period

i WILL defend her if need be, like any good husband would do for their wife, right?

53. bailbondmike says:

I think my mom had to use Masculout a few times because of Wonder Woman (among others). lol
    Video quality not that good.

54. phindog is proven to be racist with his mail bride comment,

but some of the other bloggers also have minority wives, and he needs to stop being racist against bloggers wives and lying about them imo

no need to talk about them period, should be off limits

People have called my wife a “mail order bride” on the blog. Why do you get so much more upset about it than I did? My normal response it “no she isn’t” and then explain why.

55. ill try the stanger technique

No, she isnt, we met when i was in Asia and started dating over there, she was not a mail order bride, and i take great offense to that racist term against my wife ,

hate can turn to violence, and hopefully i wont have to protect her in that way, but will if needed.

how was that? lol

Well done David.

• awesome, now from now on, there should be a room rule of not hating on other bloggers wives, its really pathetic IMO

its ok to ask an honest question, but directing hate and lies should be off limits for sure IMO

at the very least, every guy here should know that I would never do it to their wives, i respect them more than that

i was raised to not talk shit about a mans wife, dog, or children, lol offlimits

“I would love to have him, of course, but like you said, it’s none of my business. We had fun last year. We balled out. Obviously, what he did was completely special and unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. And those skills are … We love those skills in our defense. So yes, we’d love to have him back, of course.”
    — Byron Jones, who X’s agent is loving right now.

“He’s an incredible talent…I think the way he’s approaching the game this year is going to be special…As a rookie, he balled out in camp. I love the way Noah is approaching the game”
    — Byron Jones, who must be the most popular guy in the DB meetings.

CavalierKong says:
    June 17, 2021 at 5:13 pm
    LOL, no I have thankfully never ran into that situation.
    ——————————————————————–
    I have, i was chatting “her” up pretty heavy, me an this other dude at the bar, when between the two of us we started picking up on things. I will say that plastic surgeon was a masterful artist. Was almost nothing that gave it away other than her hands and a slight tone to her voice when she/he laughed. At least it didn’t go too far before i figured it out, since i was there with a bunch of buddies, i would have never lived it down otherwise lol. Also lucky for me i had backup on the fact that you couldn’t tell.

Just for the rest of ya’ll who haven’t gone to New Orleans, there are plenty of places there with she-men, and that shit is done well, so be careful, especially with the strippers and bartenders.

June 17, 2021 at 5:18 pm
    Does anyone really suck asshole? LOL
    ——————————————————
    According to HBO back when i was a kid, they do and when they do they prefer to use jelly instead of syrup.

Did any of the rest of you see that prison special on HBO back then? That shit convinced me i didnt ever even want to flirt with going to jail lol.

• bailbondmike says:

Thanks y’all. Was going to have grilled chicken and salad tonight but now I keep thinking the term “tossing salad”. I am going to search the pantry for some rice dish or mac-n-cheese.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    June 17, 2021 at 5:51 pm

i dont think he should have went there, its wrong

———————————————————–
    David, i don’t blame ya for defending her, you seem to love her, and still do, but to be honest that was a attack at you not her.

Answer me this. Even if it was a mail order bride situation, did that make it any less real or does it make it any less of a marriage to you? If the answer is no, then why do you care what someone else calls it, you know what it was. Anything else is noise and to be in better control of your feelings, dont give it strength by reacting to it. You walk away from it, you won, the intention of the provocation failed to meet its goal. Reacting like that just feeds it.

I think we should all list all the countries we’ve been to. I’ll go first.
    Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Haiti, BVI, Ecuador, Jamaica, Chad, Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Egypt, UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Spain, Germany, France, Belgium, Poland, Belgium, Kosovo, Bosnia, Norway, Britain, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan (Okinawa and mainland), South Korea, Guam, Saipan, Russia (Petropavlovsk), and all 50 States.

• pheloniusphish says:

Forgot Israel.

UK, France, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Italy, Greece. Croatia, Monaco, Hong Kong, Japan, Brazil, South Africa, Zambia, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Canada and like half dozen Caribbean countries (some territories) that won’t name. And 48 states.

Guess that means you win, but I have gone round the world 18 times. 🙂

62. Phindog says:

David. You want to face to with me I ll be your huckleberry 🖕

63. Phindog says:

David ,I’m sorry for saying what I did. I met your wife and she’s a cool women. It was more about you and not her. You still want to punch me in the face? That’s the biggest mistake you’ll make in your life.

64. Marinofan13 says:

pheloniusphish says:
    June 17, 2021 at 7:12 pm
    I think we should all list all the countries we’ve been to. I’ll go first.
    —————
    But Kamala’s never been to Europe, excusing herself from visiting the border.

65. Marinofan13 says:

bailbondmike says:
    June 17, 2021 at 5:28 pm
    Damn, Wonder Woman!

It wasn’t the just the Pat Benatar look. She could have been her twin with the facial features and all.
    ————–
    Let me tell ya, my ‘Wonder Woman’ was dumber than a box of rocks, but she had the EXACT look of Lynda Carter: same blue eyes, black hair, and body. I had to break it off after 3 months with her… I very much value intelligence in a woman.

Man, Pat Benatar was HOT! You had a HOT girlfriend, too!

I’m very upset that Pat Benatar has yet to be elected to the Rock-N-Roll HOF. I absolutely LOVE her music (and her look!), BBM.

66. Marinofan13 says:

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    June 17, 2021 at 5:26 pm

——————

Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Haiti, Dominican Republic, England, Spain, Italy, Austria, St. Lucia and Aruba.

68. Marinofan13 says:

I dated Pat Benitar every time I showered!

Well not every time!

Sheryl Tiegs showed up quite often!

‘Merica

Just finished making a 3 tier coconut and pineapple cake. Got chicken thighs in the slow cooker with adobo sauce, Anaheim and jalapeno peppers for shredded chicken tacos. Homemade tortillas, and Spanish rice along with refried beans.

• Marinofan13 says:

Bro, I’m NOT joking. Want to shut these mofoz up about “climate change”? Tell them that in the Cretaceous Era, the average global temperature was 136 degrees… FACT!

Do you know why I know this to be fact? Because I’m a scientist at heart, I’ve researched the past, and I can’t be bought by government BS.

I was recruited by John Hopkins U when I was in the 7th grade… FACT.

Thursday night fights???????

73. Krishna says:

WTF?

74. Krishna says:

Isn’t there song, “where do I begin, to a tell a story…..

75. Krishna says:

You people are fucked…lmao!

I guess I am, too….lol.

76. Krishna says:

It’s the interloper in me…lmao.

The TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING are now 6-1 on road games in this playoff season!! They now lead the Isles 2-1 in their best of 7 Eastern Conference Finals.
    Saturday night’s game is now a MUST WIN GAME for the NYI.

78. Krishna says:

Lol…out of character? It was the day’s shit I had to read through. Did you post? Too funny!

Like I said, “I guess, I am, too.”

79. Krishna says:

When I read FL was sending troops to the border (that’s probably a quote but fuck it), I racked my brain because I couldn’t figure what international border they were on.

Cuba? Bahama? Jamaica? I was fucking baffled. Seriously!

Then, I had to read more to “understand”. WTF?

There are people currently worried about Great White Sharks on the coasts of the NJ shores. This has been happening for millions of years well before humans trying to figure out what fire was. LOL

Stephen Ross using the slide at the Dolphins new facility, lol.

83. Phindog says:
    June 17, 2021 at 11:19 pm
    Yup , I made a bad post out of character and I’m sorry for you all having to read it.

we good Phindog, i believe that was out of character for You,
    im sorry i got so upset with you, but im a little defensive with anyone that comes after my wife or, children, as any head of household should be

84. all the talk about signing Howard and its importance , made me think of who is the most valuable to the Dolphins. and needs to be around for awhile

i thought of Brian Flores, i think the Dolphins cant afford to let him go somewhere else, id like to see Flores inked up for a long time

hes doing a great job imo, and has the team on track

pic up the vid at the 2;10 mark, Tua didn’t do very well at mini camp

• he will be ok, he had 6 TDS and 0 picks when it wasnt raining hard on day 2

these are not the same as TDS and INTS in the season, this is the team running individual drills, 7 on 7s, etc

we saw Tua light up the cardinals in the regular season, thats more indicative of who he is, not a rain soaked OTA in pajamas

i think hes going to have an awesome season, he has more weapons and is working very hard to improve IMO
      its much more concerning the team signs Howard IMO

So M13 is kind of like Doogie Howser?

87. PFF ranked the Dolphins OL at 27 last season, if the fins can get better blocking, it will open up the running game, and the passing game

ranked at 27, indicated there is alot of room for improvement, hopefully this year the OL steps it up, and the Dolphin could/should be in the playoffs

I think the cards was tua’s 2nd game, they didn’t have much film of how to defend him in that game however as the season progressed he was easily handled by opposing D.C’s,
    take away the short shit and get in his face,
    those are the games who threw for less than 100 yards.
    the Denver game, Raiders & Buffalo to close out the year were horrible because they had film on him.

To quote Allen Iverson: we are talking about practice

Still one of the best player interviews of all time. I watch it occasionally just to refresh myself on how good it was lol.

90. Tua dominating at minicamp

91. Orob, the cardinals was Tuas 8th game of his career in Miami

there was plenty of film on him, he just kicked ass and played well

92. bailbondmike says:

I didn’t get to play last night…

Norway, England, Demark, Germany, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Kuwait, Iraq, Ghana, South Africa, Columbia, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Cozumel, Belize, and Mexico.

God Bless the Navy and their free cruises. LOL

Tua only played 9 games, rams were the first, cards 2nd

94. bailbondmike says:

“Did you know that Tua Tagovailoa led the NFL in passer rating when the game is within one score in the 2nd half? Tua was 41/51 for 410 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions. His passer rating was 126.3. His successful play rate was also the best in the NFL — 67%.”

When you talk about taking the leap from year 1 to 2, Tua has at least 5 things in his favor, that will make him better.

Fully healthy, full off-season program, Waddle/Fuller/Wilson and Williams for more than 2 games, current grasp of playbook which will allow him to change plays at LOS, more pop on his passes.

Last year he went 6-3, but let’s take out the Raider game, so 5-3 X 2 would be 10-6, improvements above should at least get us to 11-6, without Tua taking a big next step.

A lot riding on the supporting cast and the scheme.

Indirectly a better D too will help him, so 12-5 or even 13-4 is doable with a little luck.

Those are the possibilities without Tua being Bama Tua, if he takes the step some of us expect we’ll be in a dog fight with Buffalo for the division

Throw out the Rams, Buffalo, Denver, Jets, KC, because those weren’t 1 score games in the 2nd half, that leaves Cin, NE, and AZ games he played very good, and early 3rd qtr where he marched us for a TD against the Raiders.

I can see how a misleading stat like this is possible

95. Krishna says:

Lol….how is that possible?

96. Krishna says:

His throwing mechanics suck. That can’t be true….lol.

Tua can be a good game manager as we saw last year, but we need Bama Tua for him to be our franchise QB.

RT was our game manager for years until Gase came in, Tua is much better than that version of RT, but will he good enough to be better than the current version?

RT still suffers from pocket presence issues, otherwise he’d be right there with the best in the league

I still think he doesn’t read the D well, good, and probably better since he has been in Tennessee with their training, but still not great. You cannot depend on him to carry the team, the higher the pitch count the more Tanny’s flaws are exposed. I think he is definitely improved over when he was here, but he hasn’t significantly closed the gap in the flaw you mentioned nor the one i mentioned to say discussion for best in the league. He is definitely in the good range i don’t see him getting into the great range.

Don’t think RT needs to read the D better to be in the best of the league convo.

With the players around him he’s been great, look at his stats and watch him play.

He just crumbles, when pressure comes far too often

Phindog says:
    June 17, 2021 at 7:52 pm
    —————————————————————
    I’ve known a lot of different military people and id be less likely to fuck with a Marine than any of them including a Seal. Now a Seal probably could kill you fastest but Marines are gritty and will not settle for failure. They also wont stop until the jobs done to their satisfaction and that’s a pretty high standard/

Is Phindog a marine?

• Phindog says:

K9 🐕 . Served in the Navy.

My bad, gave you more respect than you deserved LOL JKBB. Seriously though most any military guy is not a smart person to antagonize, but Marines, and i have known a few, just are top of my list of just let them be right lol. I thought though with dog in your name, it was for devil dog.

NEW BLOG UP!!!!

D – Anyway, better to leave some of what happened on this blog off the next one anyway to be honest.

Rest in piece chuck!