Game 7 – Falcons @ Dolphins

This has been a rough season, I/we didn’t see this coming. It’s not over yet and the season is still salvageable if we get back on track. We most likely won’t be in the playoff hunt but we can play better and make it more tolerable for all of us. This week is the Fest game and I look forward to meeting some new folks and and seeing some old friends. Hopefully, more of you who haven’t made the Florida trip will be able to make it in the future.

We need to play better football. We have talent here, we need to find the best way to use it. Hoping we start doing that this week and make this team worth watching again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!

855 Responses to Game 7 – Falcons @ Dolphins

Just to be clear, I am on an anti Dolphin vibe. It has been 50 years and here we go again. You can just keep posting all your positive stuff and have your parties and fests and crap, but the Fins still suck, and there is no end in sight. I am just tired of it.

Bookman, Dan Marino threw 5 INTs in a game 3 times. Our team at this moment is playing horrible complimentary football. It’s not good. You blaming Tua is scapegoating because of your own bias.

So let’s go back in the future when we were down because of a Tua INT and ignore 28-27 late 4th quarter like the defense means nothing. It’s not a quality debate, dude.

i’m sure todays loss was a team effort, however are any of you watching Tua?
    no matter what he does he doesn’t look like a franchis QB,
    He looks like Tim Wakefield of the NFL.
    Look at great QBs, they don’t throw a loopy weak pass, they fire the ball.

this team has taken on Tua’s personna.

WEAK.

The Phins are having another bad year but I am and always will be a fan. I will cheer on the team it’s players and coaches. I may curse a few out but I will always cheer for them

Tua has a very weak vertical game, we are jammed up with these little screens and ck dns. he tries to chisel way too much.

October 24, 2021 at 4:55 pm
    We also got an extra 1st in 2023 in that deal.

We got a SF’s 1st in 2021,2022,2023 for the number 3 pick. We then gave up this year’s 12 and OUR first in 2022 for the number 6 from Philly. So we gave up 2 firsts for Waddle.

I have been a fan for 50 years, and always want them to win, but my homer days are over, it is bad enough they pissed away Marino’s career, and I blame Shula a lot for that, now they continue to string us along…. It is pathetic

for some reason Tim thinks we had to deal philly our first to move up so that SF would do the deal, this was a 2 month argument. i still don’t think he understands that we could have simply kept sf picks and stayed at 12.
    the worst part of that is i believe we couldve got waddle at 12

well the good news is we have Buffalo next week

I’ve repeatedly said that I LIKE waddle, and that he’s a good player. But he’s not worth two top ten first round picks. Think about it: Chase was picked one spot before and they used one pick on him. I would have preferred we sat at 12, took BPA, kept both our picks next year and see who was available at WR with those picks. I feel like they were going to take a WR this year no matter what, and that’s a very dangerous draft philosophy

I love Jaylen Waddle the player (he’s still only a rookie), but why did we give up so much to land him @ R1P6 when we already had a crowded WR room with speed plus Will Fuller acquired via FA? Seemed like overkill to me.

Yeah, not only that, let’s take a CB that we don’t need, or play

Let us also remember, this was only Tua’s 12 pro career start… he’s still technically a rookie who’s now playing through fractured ribs, a defunct (though seems to be getting a little better) O-Line, plus WRs like DeVante, Fuller, and Williams being hurt half the time.

I don’t feel Tua is the problem either. He’s going to have his growing pains, but this 1-6 is not on him… not by a long shot.

• ocalarob says:

he has a weak arm, DBs are not worried about Tua, they have the make up speed to beat his weak arm. we are vertically limited with tua

I don’t know about “weak”, but he doesn’t have a flamethrower like Marino, that’s for sure. He may be on the lower end of arm-strength, but he’s considerably stronger than Mr. Pennington.

Excuses excuses excuses

Forget Waddle, No player at 6 was worth giving up that ransom.
    The problem with their thinking was… they thought we’d be a contender, they thought this team was going to compete for a run at the SB.
    That’s why they gave Philly our pick instead of SFs pick.
    they figured our pick would be a late 1st where SFs pick would be early.

that’s how screwed up their thinking is.

• Brian in NY says:

Exactly. I didn’t like trading our pick then, I like it even less now. You can’t regret trading another teams pick, but you can regret trading your own, which is happening now.

The problem is Grier treated most of those extra picks as a luxury, not as a necessity to make this team better. He was reckless and irresponsible, and now we are seeing the results of that.

And the trade to get Waddle is the reason this team doesn’t play good complimentary football. Got it! 1-6 sucks!!! I feel that too.

• Brian in NY says:

That’s not what I said Tim. I’m simply pointing out that waddle for two first round picks (likely top 6) is yet another decision that will keep us from moving forward as a team. Yes or no- is Waddle worth two top ten picks?

I’m with ya… our Defense is a HUGE problem. Remember me telling ya that we aren’t playing with the same mojo as we had last season? I mean, where is the 0-blitzing, where are the pressures we saw last season, and why are we missing so many tackles this season?

Something is amiss this year, and I personally believe our jettisoned vets (KVN, Lawson, and McCain) were part of the glue that held us together last season: not enough veteran leadership and knowing the scheme.

19. bailbondmike says:

Man, all the finger pointing on who lost this game.

First of all, none of us have enough fingers. Huge team loss.

Defense got us 2 takeaways, though Tua gave one right back on first play and almost a pick 6.

How can a QB play such a really good game (overall) and yet play a major roll in us losing? I mean, completed 32 of 40 passes (80%) for 291 with 4 TD’s and 2 INT’s. He had a better QB rating than Matt Ryan.

It’s when/where his mistakes occurred. Both on 1st down. First one, on first and goal, he tried to force into double coverage with 2 open receivers underneath. Second one, on first and ten, after the X pick. Should have just ate it.

As TIm says, we can’t play complimentary football. D does something good, offense does something bad and vice versa all the way to the loser column. Fucking Sucks!

I think coming out of Belichick’s defensive system, Flores thinks he can just cut higher priced veterans and just plug and play like they did in NE. It’s not that simple .

There is something to that. There is no body of work playing together with this team. Too new and too young too quick. What has this roster ever accomplished together?

When I said earlier we’re in full developmental mode, I didn’t mean that’s okay. I meant that’s what the situation is. Find the best young players to build around. At 1-6 we’re not running the table and making the playoffs. It’s not excuses… it’s reality.

Tua had 291 yards! wow that’s great for him, i think that;s his personal best!
    to a franchise qb that’s pedestrian.

has tua ever had more than 291 yards?

23. ElephantRider says:

The defense is soft. That was supposed to be rhe strength coming into this year I thought.

Tua isn’t the problem. It’s hard to evaluate him with the way the line has played over the last two years. Hopefully they will stick with this OL and they can stay healthy so we can see what we have with him. He played well today, but made two horrible mistakes that cost us points and led to points for the Falcons. He needs to correct that.

28-27 lead late 4th quarter and the defense acts like a whore.

You guys know how much I’m a defense guy. This season is killing me. 😦

• Brian in NY says:

Haha! I have zero confidence in this D. With what we are paying X and then Jones to make no impact plays, it’s disgusting.

I feel like we traded two 1st round picks to move up for Ted Ginn and his family, only with better hands and moves in Jaylen Waddle.

velocity is tua’s problem, he doesn’t have it, not only with deep passes but the short ones as well, the time it takes for tuas pass to hit its target allows dbs make up time, that’s why we can’t run the ball, they are not fearing tua’s passing game. they focus more on stopping our running game. his passes look like slo motion.

• Brian in NY says:

I disagree. He can put some heat on the ball. I think it just looks different because he’s a lefty. I don’t believe he’s had a pick due to lack of velocity, mostly poor decisions.

when was the last time we had a 60 yard pass play?

DeVante is as good as gone… y’all know that, right? He’s going to be dealt before Nov. 2nd.

29. ElephantRider says:

Who cares about Tua?

This defense folds like a lawn chair every time you need them to step up. It was so much fun last year watching them play fast and attack last year.

Well, then great, Flores is a defensive coach. We are screwed either way

50 years!!!!!!

Let’s have some patience folks….smh

it just feels like we are being suffocated on offense, all this dink and dunk crap, no downfield strikes at all.

M13, DeVante’s durability issues will probably be another 6th or 7th round pick that pisses you off. LOL

I foresee a mini-firesale before the trade deadline on Nov 2.

• Brian in NY says:

I could see is doing absolutely nothing.

• Brian in NY says:

Us

I have this feeling that there will be no changes in the coaching staff or scouting department. SO, the changes that may (or may not) happen is trading some of our players to contenders in order to make up for some the Draft capital we’ve lost.

The bloody Eagles have our 1st Draft pick… SMH.

• Brian in NY says:

The fact that we traded our pick and are having this type of a season makes me sick.

At least now I can concentrate on my hobby, and also focus on watching the Hallmark Christmas movies. Have fun everyone

i’m not relating his velocity to interceptions. it takes a long time for tua’s ball to get to his rec, he’s not going to kill you with a vertical strike up the middle. his passes are laboring out on the edges.
    it slows the offense down and allows the defense to crunch the field, and recover in pass pro.

he definitely has a weak arm by NFL starting QB standards, name me another starter with a weaker arm?

Also, IF we end up trading for Deshaun Watson, we’re going to need to recoup some of our picks that we send to the Texans. I’m sensing a mini-firesale, regardless.

39. bailbondmike says:

What’s with this offensive scheme? We had 11 completions to WR’s (Waddle 7 of them) and 21 completions to TE’s and RB’s. Is it starting to come around though? We ran the ball decent today, just over 4 ypc (just RB’s). Take away Tua’s 2 bad decisions and we would have added 1 more score if not 2 or at least scored 1 and not given up 1. We would be talking about how our offense dominated today if it were not for those 2 bad plays.

As M13 said, we are going through rookie growing pains with Tua. Tua is trying to go through these growing pains trying to make shit happen while Watson rumors are swirling around him.

That is why I can’t fault Tua for these 2 bad plays and the loss. He is not just going out to play. He is having to go out and play for his job, IMO.

If there were no truth to the Watson rumors, why wouldn’t Grier come out and publicly say so? Take all that pressure off Tua.

All we get is Flores saying Tua is our QB (right now?) and he is working hard. Or some shit like that.

Why not come out and totally squash that shit if there is no truth and take the pressure off your young QB who you spent a very high draft pick on.

Did you guys ever wonder that Waddle opens it up for the TEs? We’re very productive with TEs in the passing game. Especially with Tua. Anyone notice Gesicki lately? 😉

I realize some people are fed up with Chris Grier. That said and regardless… GO COLTS tonight!!!

if Gesicki plays next week, tua will be leaving on a stretcher!
    everytime Gesicki was in the game against Buffalo they brought the house, blitzed!

that’s what Buffalo does when Gesicki is in the game.

October 24, 2021 at 8:48 pm
    Yeah but we’ll draft a doofus. LOL
    ———–
    That’s why I led off with “I realize some people are fed up with Chris Grier”. LOL 😉

I think what pissed me off the most about today’s game was the defense giving up 3 straight runs for a 1st to seal the game for Atlanta. If we can get a stop there, we have a chance to get the ball back with time. If you are going to lose there, at least make them beat you throwing it. We showed no defensive fortitude in that situation. Very weak.

I was pretty pissed at the called defensive set after Tua’s 1st INT too. You know, the one that had Rowe covering Pitts one on one on the boundary with only like 30 seconds left in the half. Singling up Pitts on the boundary in that situation is begging for a deep shot where you might get a big catch or a PI call that gets you into fg range with only one play.

As it was, they got both the catch and the PI. Why didn’t we have two safeties over the top keeping everything in front? Terrible situational football play calling. We got our asses handed to us defensively in the final two minutes of the 1st half and the 4th.

1-6, smh. It is a frustrating time to be a Dolphins fan.

On the bright side, I angrily made some kick-ass chicken lazone with cream sauce, carrots and peas, corn, aromatic yellow rice, and drop biscuits during the afternoon game, so I have a nice lethargic food high right now. Now is da time to smoka some ganja, mon. 😎

That was Cordarrelle Patterson who carved us up, getting first down after first down… including the rushing TD. That guy is on FIRE this season.

LOL at all the hand wringing and crying!

I actually liked our offense today ( minus the 2 INT’s )
    We were better balanced, and actually ran the ball well at times!

I think our injuries to CB forced us to play more zone than Man to Man ( like we normally do ) ?
    It could have been something else?

Our Defense doesn’t work without pressure! And we aren’t getting any!!!!!!!

Just back in the North Tampa suburbs after an unforgettable Fest and a down-to-the-wire game.
    FIRST,HATS OFF to Young Stanger for his usually amazing performance as host. It was WONDERFUL!! Mike E. and his lovely wife, Capt Stubbs, Son-of-a-Son and Mrs. Son, Manitoba and his Mrs., Ken, and ALL THE OTHER Fest participants–it was SO GREAT TO SEE ALL OF YOU!! –A Dolphins come-from-behind win would have been the perfect topper, but it just wasn’t meant to be. Gotta give a tip of the hat to Falcons’ possible future HOF QB, Matt Ryan, for a few Marino-esque bullseyes, especially in the 4th quarter’s final 2 minutes. Ryan was the difference in this game, in my view.
    —————————-
    I AGREE with those who want Chris Grier’s head on a platter. BUT, the problem is that ROSS likely will replace Grier with someone WHO IS WORSE AT THIS JOB!!! – – SO-O-O, AS LONG AS rOSS IS AROUND, we’ll have no chance at playoff success!!
    —————————
    Y’all have a great evening! The Old Dolfan is OUT!!

47. bailbondmike says:

Trivia question and answer. May surprise you.

Who was our best defensive game against this year so far stat wise and not score wise?

The Buffalo Bills game.

We actually held the Bills to 314 total yards and only 171 yards passing. We won TOP 32 min to 28. How the hell did we lose 35-0?

Despite that game, where the fuck is our defense, Flores???

We average giving up 414 total yards per game (297 passing and 117 rushing) and average giving up 29.6 points per game.

It’s not really defense being on the field to long either. Went back and looked, 3 of our 7 games we won TOP, including today (10 min advantage today). All were losses.

48. if it makes You feel better Orob, the dolphins are losing in spite of Gesicki playing well, not the other way around

also remembering that TUa tossed 4 TD,s including what could have been the game winner, is important to remember. he came through for the team when they were down.

yes he had two passes that sucked, but he also had his first ever 4 TD passing game

the defense stops that final drive, and everyone would be saying Tua brought them back to win it

these arent excuses, lol these are facts, 4/2 TD INT ratio

LEFT OUT ONE IMPORTANT OBSERVATION: At kickoff, there were ONLY about 20,000 fannies in the seats. Same for the 4th quarter, when the Dolphins were trying to seal their comeback from a 27-14 deficit to a 28-27 lead.
    IT WAS EMBARRASSING!!
    ——-
    Empty seats outnumbered occupied seats by more than a 2-1 margin. It’s gonna be more of the same in November and December now that the Fins have NO REALISTIC CHANCE AT THE #7 playoff spot. BTW, tickets to this game were selling for quite a bit LESS than face value on the internet. A significant drop in season ticket sales seems guaranteed for the next season.

JUST SAW MIKE FLORIO SAY at halftime of the Sunday Night game that Houston and Miami are in talks to hail down a trade for Watson. –HAS ROSS LOST HIS MIND??–Miami’s defense has given up 31 points per game during this 6-game losing streak!! –HET ROSS, IT’S OUR DEFENSE THAT NEEDS HELP, YOU DUMB ASS!! (First word this sentence should be “HEY.”)
      ——-
      OUT.

I wonder if Mike Locksley would like to get out of his tenure as HC of Maryland? Coach Flores would be WISE to contact Locksley.

Locksley knows how to make Tua a total success… not to mention Waddle.

• bailbondmike says:

Glad you brought it up. I remember (I think) back when the fins hired Flores and we were trying to figure who he would hire as OC. I think Locksley name came up. Maybe by D, not sure. I think, at that time, I was thinking about Jim Chaney he was OC at UGA from 2016-2018. He was also Drew Brees OC at Purdue. He ran a high octane spread offense in his early days then later adapted the pro-style offense and combined concepts of both and very successful with it at UGA. He has some position with the Saints right now but not sure what.

51. bailbondmike says:

Tim, I agree with you about TOP and it being about the D caving. I only bring it up cause that is what Flores talked about before the season started. He wanted to win TOP. This may be the reason for the type of play calling our OC’s do. Call plays designed for long sustained drives.

52. bailbondmike says:

WTG Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another loss for 49er’s.

53. bailbondmike says:

With today’s loss, the Eagles pick in 2022 draft is now #2. Ours via SF moved up to #11.

54. ElephantRider says:

I continue to support the Fins and wear the laundry. People think I’m special around here…

55. bailbondmike says:

179 Round: 5
    Will McDonald IV LB | Iowa State
    182 Round: 6
    Cade Mays IOL | Tennessee
    191 Round: 6
    Isaiah Foskey EDGE | Notre Dame

Right now we’re picking at #11 via SF, PHI has our #3 but there is no top must have prospect.

We’ll select 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 7, 7 in 2022. Nothing wrong with that.

• bailbondmike says:

Where did you get your picks from? So many places have it different. Like Tankathon I posted above said 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6 in 2022. Which is better but not bad either way.

There would be 2 must haves and a possible for me at #3 or #2 as Tankathon has it.
      Must haves:
      EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon, 6’5 258, redshirt sophomore, 16 sacks, 31 TFL, 3 FF and 6 PD’s in 24 games.
      OT Evan Neal, ALABAMA, 6’7 350, Started at LG as Freshman every game in 2019. Started at RT as Sophomore every game in 2020. Now starting at LT in 2021 for Alabama.
      Possible:
      CB Derek Stingley Jr., LSU, 6’1 195, junior, had 6 INT’s and 15 PD’s as a freshman. Now no one will throw at him. He has been battling an ankle issue this year though and has missed a few games.

A good defense is a great offense

or is it a good offense is a great defense

The RB’s and TE’s in this offense are targeted more mainly because of the design, but also the fact that our wide receivers can’t be trusted for the most part. Who’s consistently on the field enough for one thing.
    If anyone has paid attention to Tom Brady’s career in New England, most of it involved the same type of offense. The only time it changed up significantly, was when he had Moss and Welker.

This team is like Craig’s kitchen from the movie Friday. We ain’t never got two things that match. Either we got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Defense shows up, and offense sputters. Offense shows up, defense shuts down. Special teams chooses when it is special. We are just off this year. Even money Sanders can’t be relied on.
    Despite my problems with Grier’s drafting sometimes, our roster isn’t the biggest problem, it’s coaching. They need to get this team on track and get all three phases playing well on the same time or at least 2 out of the three.

After finally getting a chance to watch the game, I can’t put the first interception entirely on Tua. It’s true he had people open underneath, but Smythe had a chance to make that play and it looks like he wasn’t in the spot Tua was expecting him to be. It also could be that Tua didn’t throw it accurately, but maybe he was trying to get it away from the defender underneath. The other thing about that play was that the safety just made a good play and got to the ball before Smythe.
    That second interception was just Tua trying too hard and making a bad decision.

Tua is going to make mistakes. All QBs do. 4 TDS and 2 ints should still win a game especially with 80% completion rate snd 130 yards running.

Our primary problem is Grier and coaching. We kept 7 injury prone WRs when there were other more important needs ignored. What’s worse is these weren’t suddenly injury prone WRs. They have always been injured. They miss game or part of games ALL THE TIME. Don’t keep guys who can’t be on the field!

We pay too much for defensive players in an offensive dominated game. We pay way too much for two starting CBS especially since one has knee issues. That’s dumb. Our leadership doesn’t understand value and that’s why, no matter how many 1sts we accumulate, we will never have the top guys. Our coaches are poor teachers too. None of the younger players have shown massive improvement in this system. With all the 1st rounders we’ve gotten during this regime, show me one guy who is the best player at his position. Top 2? Top 3? Top 5? They aren’t making enough impact for their draft position. That’s poor coaching.

So this is a touchback…

Saw that last night, could not comprehend. BTW, since you watched the game yesterday, did it look like the ball touched the returner yesterday in our game? It sure looked like it live and then on the replays we saw.

I thought it hit him on the first replay they showed from the backside. When they came back from commercial break, the announcers said it clearly didn’t hit him and showed a review from the front really zoomed in that didn’t fully convince me one way or the other. I think they were more convinced because of the way the receiver reacted like it didn’t hit him.

I think the call would have stood if challenged.

I didn’t watch yesterday’s game. I was home, easily could have. Just no motivation to see it.

I don’t know if this regime has lost the locker room but they’ve lost me. Sad.

That’s funny right there!

lol

I have to admit

I have always dismissed Steven Ross criticism bc we don’t have any control over who the owner is

But there is no question in my mind that Ross is the source of this teams struggles the last couple of decades – if I was able to force him to sell the team, I would

First of all the rumors with Watson are a nightmare at this stage
    If they are true – Ross and the FO are morons
    If they are false, you need to direct some one to squash them

Second, the fact that he can’t see how disorganized the coaching on this team is is troubling

I want an owners that’s hands off football decision
    I don’t want one that’s so hands off he doesn’t know who to hold accountable

I know it’s a tired topic and one we can’t control
    But Steven Ross is a disaster

I think it’s pretty clear that the rumors are true. If they aren’t, the fact we’ve allowed them to become what they have is terrible management. All it takes is one statement “We aren’t interested in Watson.”

When stories are coming out about the QB coach having to help Tua deal with the distraction, then obviously the whole “we don’t talk about these things” is just a stupid way to move forward unless there is truth to the rumors. Either way, this regime has made a dog’s dinner of this situation.

“I want an owners that’s hands off football decision
      I don’t want one that’s so hands off he doesn’t know who to hold accountable”

That’s a tough middle to hit. I’m not going to throw too many stones cause I walked into the season fairly confident about the coaches. But for sure, he has more knowledge.

It’s really not tough at all

It’s why you delegate powers to people. Ross is in charge of the structure within the organization – giving away that power means he doesn’t know who to blame for what

And organization should function like a machine
        If a piece isn’t working, you try to fix it
        If it can’t be fixed, you replace it

He doesn’t have to be involved in football opersatioms to require his Gm and coach to report to him on a regular basis and express dissatisfaction

On a much smaller scale, but I’ve been on the hiring committee for my old org and helped deal with the aftermath when things didn’t do well. Both sides of that were tough for me/us. And a football team has so many pieces in play.

32 of 40 for 291 yards (a 7.3 yard ave) with 4 TDs and two 2 INTs. That’s a 109.5 QB rating.

Losing sucks, but if he did that every game would be no doubt who our QB of the future is.

I’m sorry. If I have that ball in my hands….. I’m outta there.
    ——————————————
    “Brady became the first player in NFL history to throw 600 touchdown passes on Sunday in the first half of Tampa Bay’s 38-3 thrashing of the visiting Chicago Bears. Mike Evans caught a 9-yard touchdown pass from Brady to increase the Bucs’ lead to 21-0.

Either Evans was unaware of the significance of the touchdown, or he experienced a temporary brain cramp. Evans gave a fan wearing his No. 13 jersey the game ball and the team had to negotiate to get it back.

A Tampa Bay official gave the fan another game ball and promised him some sort of signed jersey. The ball is estimate to be worth around $500,000. “

I have been watching #8 Holland a lot this season. He is a young ascending player who makes big plays. But he is young and gives up big plays too. On the deep pass TD that Ryan threw it was Holland’s busted coverage that allowed the WR to be so open. On Pattersons’ TD run later in the game it was Holland that got trucked and pushed back into the endzone for the TD. If Holland had played either of those two plays better we would have won the game.

(he has some good / great plays where he broke up the pass or made the tackle to stop the drive at other times but those two mistakes stuck out to me. He is young and will make mistakes. Those two lead directly to TD by Atlanta.

If we could get Watson without the baggage, i’d be onboard with it. give them what they’re asking for.
    with the baggage…no way.

as for Tua, as much as i dont like him as our QB, you have to let him play the season.

another thing that bugged me after the game. We had two drives in the 4th where we moved the ball “at will” we went 11 plays for 90 yards and a TD in no huddle in 4:22 and then the next drive 11 plays for 55 yards and a TD in 3:27 to move ahead. again, mostly in no huddle.

If we have so much trouble calling plays and getting them into the QB, then why when we go no huddle does the offense run smoother. Who is calling those no huddle plays. Obviously Tua was the one getting the plays to the offense. He was doing it quickly and getting everyone lined up efficiently. Why can’t they do that when they huddle? Are they trying to be too cute? Is Tua calling the plays in No Huddle? Are they scripting A or B and Tua calling A or B at the line?

What ever it is it works, we run a better offense in No Huddle. (not just yesterday, it has been a theme)

After watching a few replays there are a couple things I saw that I didn’t pick up on during the game.

First, it’s been said and hinted that Smythe ran the wrong route on the 1st INT. Watching that play a couple of times, IMO if Smythe flattens his route along the goal line instead of angling towards the corner he gets in front of the safety and it’s probably a TD instead of an INT. So if that was what he was supposed to do, then that one isn’t on Tua.

Second, I’ve read the 2nd INT also wasn’t totally Tua’s fault. Watching that replay, Waddle is in position where Tua is throwing the ball and moves off his spot just as the ball is released. This one I still put on Tua. If Waddle sat down where he was, the ball was still off target, but he probably knocks it down. Either way, not a good decision IMO.

Third, I said yesterday we had a horrible defensive play call after the first INT, when Pitts made the one hand grab to get into fg range at the end of the half. I said we should have been playing two safeties over the top.

Well, on review, the play call was fine, we did have a safety over the top on that side, and instead of doubling Pitts on the sideline the safety moved up in the middle where there wasn’t a receiver anywhere I could see within 20 yards.

Seriously, if you want to see a safety who has no idea what the f^ck he is doing, watch this play again. As Pitts runs up the sideline, you see our safety moving forward to lock down coverage on a good 30 yd circle where there isn’t a single f^cking player from either team.

YUP that was another one on #8. He is my new Toast Buckley. Making or giving up big plays. Chris Chambers played that way for us on offense. Huge one handed circus catch followed up by dropping the easy toss that hit him in both hands.

#8 seems to always be around the big plays. (ours and theirs)

I was trying to see if that was Holland, but I don’t think it was. I’m pretty sure Holland was playing the defensive left side and comes in at the end of the catch.

Watching live I thought the big pitts catch was on Howard if anything
      But honestly I think Howard had pretty good coverage and it was just a great throw

It’s the play right before that concerns me – no one was around pitts

I feel the same way about the 2ints. The first int had me worried bc it looked like a bad decision but on replay o see that smythe should have been in a particular spot

The second interception is all on Tua IMO. But young qbs making that throw under pressure is what I expect in terms of mistakes. I can live with those mistakes from a young player. The first throw was a head scratcher to me until o saw the replay, that’s the kind of interception that worries me most of the time bc it just seemed off on live television and the timing was horrible

The throw I’m talking about above isn’t the Howard play, it’s at the end of the 1st half.

I have no problem with the Pitts catch over Howard at the end. That was just a phenomenal throw. Sometimes you get beat because the other team makes a great play.

The end of the game, not being able to stop them on 3 straight runs was the real gut punch.

October 25, 2021 at 2:15 pm
    ORob — you have to get used to not everyone is as loyal a Dolphins fan as you. It’s a burden you will have to carry through life.
    ___________________________________-

I know, and don’t worry, nothing wrong with you wanting to hold Tom Bradys balls.

I also go to games. Seems we each have our own way to be a fan.

• ocalarob says:

so you’re a better fan because (you go to games)
        a lot of posters here don’t go to games, are you annointing yourself above them as well?

” Seems we each have our own way to be a fan.”

You said I had “limited loyalty.” Was just pointing out one way do have loyalty. And just sat with 28 people who flew in from all over for the game. Could not respect them more for that.

Was also respecting you for being willing to destroy a football instead of selling it for $500k cause of the name attached. That’s serious fan.

• ocalarob says:

I’m sorry i resonded to your post, nothing to argue about, i’m moving on.

what sucked was the blocked FG, looked like that kick came out very low.

I just wonder if sticking a knife in that ball would be worth more than 500k?

just think of the publicity you would get. you may end up with more knifing it.

ck out booger mcfarlands take on tua

Back in Connecticut. Miss all the festers already

I really think this INT is on him even with bad protection

Just take the sack at that point
      No matter what you do – don’t throw it and try to make something happen

That is a typical young QB mistake though. You live with those if you QB shows you positives things you n the other end. And I think Tua did that yesterday

Agreed, Tua tried to be Mahomes on that play by making something out of nothing. Take the sack and live to fight another down. Rookie mistake that he’ll learn from.

Nevertheless, Austin Jackson is pitiful. That was awful.

He actually was like Mahomes on that play
        Mahomes leads the league in interceptions this year

Speaking of which, what the hell is going on with Mahomes and the Chef’s* this year? Wow! Very disappointing start for them.

Didn’t realize Mahomes led the NFL in INTs, either.

Ken,
    What are the must do’s for people visiting Connecticut?

That is a question that is not asked very often. The 2 tribal casinos Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods are big sources of entertainment. Best pizza in the world in New Haven CT at Peppe’s, Sally’s and Modern. Mystic Aquarium especially the beluga whale exhibit is incredible. If you are planning to be in Connecticut let me know

Glad your flight is over, but let’s be serious. People don’t take a vacay to CT. They either end up there cause visiting whoever or going through. You mentioned what I would have. Mystic is the only pure tourist spot can think of. Do the sub bases in Groton do tours?

I should have started with an awesome place to live… but that’s different.

Impressive…

M13

Technically Mahomes is tied with Zach Wilson with 9 ints

But Mahomes does have 18 TDs

So it’s not like he’s having a bad season

I don’t know what’s wrong with them either
    They actually run the ball well, to go along with the passing stats

It must be their D

Just goes to show you can have the best QB in the NFL and still not have a good team

Also why I think people who think if we get Watson here our team will just magically be better. It doesn’t work that way. We might get better QB play, probably not much better, but all the other problems will still be there

EXACTLY

Agreed. If we were seeing great team play from the defense and special teams, and the offense was struggling because of QB play, then MAYBE I’d entertain the idea of trading for Watson.

The problem is our entire team has regressed, all the way down the line. We cant afford to give up our most valuable draft resources for the next 2-3 years, and Tua IMO is showing some good signs of progressing as a player.

Why the heck take a chance on a morally questionable, resource draining, potentially won’t even play for the next year or two, player in Watson? How the eff does it make sense?

Question: what or who is/are missing from our vaunted Defense of last year?

Answer: 18 years of NFL experience between KVN, Shaq Lawson, and Bobby McCain. No, none of them were ‘world-beaters’, but they knew what they were doing: where to be, who to cover, and when to engage/disengage.

And in the case of KVN (who played under Coach Flores in New England and knows the system like the back of his hand), turns out he was a big loss.

Too much youth and inexperience on our Defense that has yet to gel together… see our O-Line as an example, when we jettisoned our vets. We’ve got no GLUE by which to hold them together.

SYSTEMS need leaders and we’ve got next to none at the moment.

This leads me to believe the GM put the cart before the horse. Chris Grier could easily be the one who fingers point to when it’s all said and done.

I don’t think Shaq Lawson was a big loss. The other two maybe but Holland looks really good in McCain’s role.

Stanger not sure if the sub base but the Nautilus museum is right next to sub base and you can tour the Nautilus which is pretty cool

If the Nautilus is there to be toured….. a tourist spot that is. Sounds like you live near the top two tourists spots in CT.

October 25, 2021 at 3:19 pm
    ____________________________________
    WRONG!
    You get a guy like Watson who can fire that ball, great vertical game you stretch the D, that along with his athleticism you add another running dimension.

suddenly the same RBs that are struggling to gain 40 yards a game are now over 100 yards rushing. due to the stretched out D

couple that with the rest and the great state of mind your D will get.

the whole team will improve.

Tua is a meek guy, he’s not an NFL QB

Just because you repeat it over and over does not make it true. Tua is an excellent young QB. You see how easy it is to disagree with your opinion.

The way they game plan for tua and who’s catching the balls for Tua, their courtship of Watson Tells me they already know he’s not Miami’s franchise QB.
    He doesn’t have the vertical game.

most plays are screens and short dumps over the middle providing RAC. where’s the vertical game? lack of velocity prevents that.
    most of the time he’s trying to dump as soon as he gets it, that’s coached in him,

very easy to defend, it totally kills every other aspect of the game.

lack of a legitimate qb is why we suck

October 25, 2021 at 6:08 pm
    ___________________-
    if that’s the case then why all the Watson noise?
    why wouldn’t Flores dispell the rumors?

it’s called Common sense, you should try it

He does dispell the rumors over an over. The media are the ones that keep bringing it up.

• ocalarob says:

incorrect. he doesn’t say we are not pursuing watson, all he says is that at the moment Tua is the QB.
        Tua let the cat out of the bag in his press conference with his comments. with the Transparency comment.
        they are going after watson

Q — You know who most wants us to trade for Deshaun Watson before Nov 2?
    A — Flores and Grier.

They would have to be in favor and means would be in charge of the post-change transition.

Yes let’s trade a boatload of picks for a malcontent and sexual deviant.

• ocalarob says:

that should be right up your alley

Wow Mr. Insult who doesn’t like being insulted strikes again. If we trade for Watson he can call you for a special massage. I’m sure you’d oblige.

• ocalarob says:

what’s one to think reading comments like this
        October 24, 2021 at 8:24 pm
        Your hobby? Wearing women’s panties and eating chocolate in a sexy way on tiktok?

• ocalarob says:

It’s not an insult, all your off the wall sexual comments like the one last night; i just assumed you could relate to a sexual deviant.
      that’s all, i would never insult you.

You insult people all the time. So once you go there it’s open season big boy.

• ocalarob says:

i never cast the first stone, all i want to do is talk football here.

you took an unprovoked shot at Bookman last night.

That’s what you do

“i never cast the first stone” — how long back does the first stone window go back? You are aggressive and couldn’t say the same about myself.

• ocalarob says:

Stanger you cast an unprovoked stone 2 weeks ago. but i forgive you, why can’t we all just get along. isn’t it rather stupid to argue on a blog? i’m done with it, i just want to talk football

Did you read what I just wrote? Said ” couldn’t say the same about myself” about throwing the first stone you said you never throw. Hence the Q about time frame. Cause you throw a lot of first stones on a given day’s board.

• ocalarob says:

You’re a very nice guy Stanger, i respect you.

That’s very kind of you to say.

I know a way Tua can change my mind, Beat Buffalo

Tim, sometimes I enjoy our conversations

Yeah same here. I bust balls sometimes. If you knew who I grew up with you’d understand. If you made one mistake friends would pounce. LOL

It’s just words, dude.

“What do you make of a society that is so primitive that it clings to the belief that certain words in its language are so powerful that they could corrupt you the moment you hear them?” – Frank Zappa

Watson deal could happen tomorrow, if not then definitely next tuesday

I think getting Watson will extend flores and griers jobs regardless of whether he plays or gets suspended.
    that’s why i think it gets done.

Grier and Flores drafted Tua – then want to move on from him in his 2nd year to save their jobs because the entire team isn’t good enough. Fuck them!!! I believe more in Tua than Grier and Flores.

Greg Cote has a good article ..10 reasons Tua is cursed … I can’t get the link to copy from Herald.

This blog cracks me up! LOL

It’s eval time from now through the rest of the season. But let it be known: next week is going to be a tragic eval against the Bills… 😦

One of my wife’s favorite movies!

I really believe if we trade for Watson we’ll still win nothing special and Tua will go on to have a really good career with another team and win a championship before us. That’s how the karma of the universe works. 😉

The bottomline is this front office has finally opened its eyes, they do not think Tua can win them a championship, and i’ll bet a dollar to a donut it’s his arm strength.

ORob, Ryan Tannehill. Just saying. The Titans have been in the thick of things the last 3 years since they made Tannehill their starting QB. Yes we all know Derrick Henry is a monster and they have some other really good players. That’s what it’s about. They just knocked off the Bills and Chiefs. They’re one of the best teams in the NFL the last three years. With Ryan Tannehill.

I think Tua will do the same thing wherever he goes. I don’t like Watson the person because where there is smoke there is fire. I can’t root for him, and I liked him as a player before all this. 20+ accusations is not all false. I don’t want to root for him. How many parents that are Dolphins fans will buy their daughters Watson jerseys? Morals matter.

Lol or Flacco

Sorry 10 reasons he has been unlucky

One was being drafted by us .. in same draft as Herbert
    One was No continuity on OL
    Fading Defence
    Fact he and all our “ Playmakers” have not played one snap together

Cant recall the other 6 of them , and can’t pull up article anymore..

I think if pigs had wings, they would still shit on everything!

This is what it feels like watching games every Sunday

114. ElephantRider says:

Just say no to Watson.

Clean house and start again.

Tuesday Phins thoughts!

What’s with this franchise going out of their way to sabotage and their own 1st round quarterbacks?

Great seeing everyone this weekend it was a great time. Sucks that we lost again.

Good seeing you the Mrs. and your peeps. Sorry for all the stairs but I was shocked the view was so good. Been in the nosebleeds other places where you get why everyone has binoculars.

“There was a lot of negotiations to get the ball back. Byron realized he lost all of his leverage when he gave the ball away. He should have held it so he would have had as much leverage as possible.

‘I think it worked out. I am also giving him a Bitcoin That’s pretty cool too.'”

— Tom Brady on the fan who was given him his 600 TD ball Bitcoin was at $63,000 on Monday.

Ken, I keep seeing you post with no content.

Big Pharma is a beast no doubt about that. Just like the gun industry and tobacco (or at least used to be). Did find it funny that he went on and on about the billion that Moderna got and blamed it on Dr. Fauci (many times). That was all part of Trump’s Operation Warpspeed, even if would never know it since his name never mentioned. Assume this guy is a Trump guy. And Trump is proud of Warpspeed.

Thanks for posting Ken

But did we need Peter King to tell us

“I do hear that Miami owner Stephen Ross is not pushing his football people to deal for Watson right now,” wrote Peter King of ProFootballTalk. “Which is smart. It makes zero sense for a team to deal huge assets for a player when the team doesn’t know when the player will be able to play.”

Let’s say the trade deadline passes and this thing isn’t real

What does that say about the reliability about the people who have been suggesting it’s real. Even the people willing to discuss it at all noting that it’s not verified by the Dolphins

If these rumors were nothing but watsons agent flushing rumors down the pipe, it highlights how hard it is to tell fact from fiction anymore

What Peter king is saying above is common sense isn’t it?

It’s always been common sense unless the Texans were willing to trade at a discount. But least all the reports have them asking for what was the price before the legal stuff. Trade was never gonna happen to any team unless they had a 50% off sale on Watson.

I just posted it because there is this false narrative that Ross some how or another is hell bent on trading for Watson

We signed RB Duke Johnson to the PS.

Ironic award from the Toba league:

“The Week 7 High Scoring Bench Trophy goes to Team Toba for leaving the highest scoring player in the league, Tua Tagovailoa on the bench.”

Shooting across the street from son’s class room at St Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. My son is fine he barely noticed it even though he was about 100 feet away. My wife however is still a wreck

125. presidents come and go, congress comes and goes, but we never get gun control

the NRA is more important than childrens safety?

shouldnt be

It is kind of scary. We have Life 360 on our phones so we can track the kids locations. It was reported there was a shooting on Overton avenue and we checked Life 360 and his location is listed as Overton avenue that is when my wife really started to freak out

That’ll scare the crap out of you. Glad he’s ok. Deep breath’s Mrs Ken, in —-out whew

Don’t blame you guys for getting freaked out. Also sounding like you guys might have known before your son did. Now back to decompress. Beer and wine good for that.

Also can’t help but note if I was on Life 360 would have gotten in a lot more trouble back in the day. But then you have good kids. 🙂

Happy your son is safe, Hulkster.

Wow, scary to hear, Ken. Very glad your son is ok.

October 26, 2021 at 4:00 pm
    We signed RB Duke Johnson to the PS.
    —————-
    Interesting. Many of us had high hopes for him, coming from the “U”. He’s another multi-purpose back with good hands. I’m rooting for him.

With Brown on IR who are we gonna see? Ain’t gonna be 2 RBs active.

Seems choices are Patrick Laird, Duke Johnson or Gerrid Doaks. Maybe 2 of them.

What do we even need a RB for?

Just found out it was some sort of landlord tenant dispute

My daughter went to a friends house this summer for a BBQ that they have annually. The day before a guy killed his ex-wife or girlfriend and her boyfriend over money or a car or something like that. That was creepy. So that was a domestic crime, not a threat to other people. I think that’s what Stanger was getting at when he said at least it wasn’t a campus shooting. The students in Ken’s son’s school weren’t the targets.

BBMike,

Here’s one for ya. His name is Bryson Gray, a Christian rapper who made a song called “Let’s Go Brandon”. Glenn Beck interviewed him today…

Here’s the song…

Regardless of where you stand politically, I’m really tired of all the vitriol. How will this country ever come together with this kind of stuff?

I’m already seeing people I know who are Republicans or Trump supporters saying stupid shit about Alec Baldwin about that horrific accidental shooting on a movie set with a prop gun and live rounds. The reason because Baldwin is a liberal and pro-gun control. But there are people on movie sets that are solely responsible for props. How do live rounds end up in a prop gun? Does anyone think Baldwin knew they were live rounds?

We’re (those who have common sense, which I’ve found to be not so common) are, indeed, tired of it. That’s all I’ve got to say about it, other than…

There are people who are trying to destroy our freedoms, and we know who they are.

When you think about it humans have been disagreeing about what a society should look like since the beginning. I get what you’re saying, but it’s not anything new even though I’m aware of your concerns. I have them too. But going to the level of school yard bullying and insults by adults towards leaders of our country is immature and doesn’t solve anything. Call them out, yes! But there are better tactful ways of doing it.

Agreed, as usual. Just remember who threw the first punch. NOT that retaliation makes it any better, but just remember who threw the first punch… that it became popular, and that it became the ‘new normal’ in today’s society. SMH

What was the first punch? Thought just a discussion.

We never had a six game losing streak while Laird was on the team and that’s all I have to say about that.

M13, when I used to drive for a living, I listened to political talk radio on the road quite a bit. Rush Limbaugh (conservative), Bob Grant (conservative), Dennis Prater (conservative), Mayor Ed Koch (a liberal with sanity), Lynn Samuels (“The View” type liberal), Curtis Sliwa (moderate conservative) and Ron Kuby (far left defense attorney) etc. This was before social media. The punches have always been thrown by both sides. Social media brought it into our lives 24/7. But back then other than a few nut jobs on both sides, the discussions were mostly civil. Now we have billions more people chiming in who are not civil.

Oh yeah….clarity about watsons legal issues is totally something you can control in trade negotiations….

Are the Dolphins going to give each of the 22 women suing Watson a 6th round pick?

How exactly do you resolve watsons legal issues in a trade discussion?

140. ElephantRider says:

Politics. The way I see it is this.

The powers that be have to keep this political divide up as long as they can because there is a class war movement slowly happening. If anybody thinks there is a difference between left and right in position of power they are being fooled. They are all rich elitists and scared right now. They desperately need us poors to occupy our time infighting….the curtain is going to be pulled back sooner than later hopefully.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1000000000000000000000

Long thought a populist cohort on both the left and right that could take over. Many common concerns. But how do they get together. Try getting AOC and Trump to strike a deal on that.

If you ever listen to people from countries who have lived under socialist/communist dictators they all talk about the separation of class and the elites wanting to divide the common people. The Eastern European countries, The USSR, China, Venezuela etc.

It’s not any different than kingdoms throughout human civilization.

But the internet frenzy started:

“I’m being bombarded with messages saying I’ve reported a Watson deal to the Dolphins has been agreed on. I haven’t reported that. Nothing’s changed since last week.”

Was talking to my long time friend the other night about the Dolphins. We both became fans around the same time when we were 7-8 years old. We both ended up pondering whether we’d be the same fans as we are now if we trade for Watson. His reasoning is he wanted Herbert to begin with, but he really likes Tua the person and thinks he can be good. He just thinks Herbert is going to be one of those top 3 QBs in the league for a decade. But the disrespect for Tua pisses him off.

My feeling about it is I think Tua is getting unfairly criticized and now Grier and Flores are pointing to him as the issue to save their jobs. You chose Tua guys? It’s not like he hasn’t shown good stuff and is just bumbling around out there. What’s up with the defense? We all know you went too young on the OL. What’s the remedy for that?

We both said this trade will be very sour for us as fans. There would be a lot wrong with this trade and it’s a turn off. Who do you trust anymore?

Fingers crossed that no clarification comes before Nov 2nd. Not likely much can change between now and then anyway.

7 days left

Don’t think you have to cross your fingers for that Kong

You would have better luck predicting the direction of a wind during a hurricane than clarification on those legal issues

I’m more concerned we’re going to roll the dice and pull the trigger.

Even though I have little faith we can beat Buffalo, I really hope Tua has a good game. And I genuinely think his play this Sunday may actually impact our decision on Watson; which is pretty ridiculous.

The way we’ve handled this situation has really been the finishing touch souring me on this regime.

I’m really concerned with that too

I don’t trust the people who run this team, starting with the owner

I swear if they make the trade and then try to tell us, his legal issues are nothing or are resolved….I don’t know how I am going to stop myself from burning everything in my home with a logo on it

Insert your own punchline:

A moronic nfl owner and a impotent nfl commissioner walk into a bar to discuss the possibility of resolving 22 civil lawsuits for sexual assault by 22 different women bc the trade deadline is around the corner

Then____________

ORob buys them a beer

In this very sensitive society we have now, and in many cases totally legitimate, you would think the NFL which is all on board with civil rights would know what to do. Watson is not allowed to play until legal issues are resolved. He also shouldn’t be allowed to be traded to a stupid team for the good of the league. It’s a bad look for the league and could be a long term disaster for any team that trades for him.

Stop allowing Watson to dirty the waters.

Question: how did this society become overly sensitive? I’m not denying that it has become overly sensitive, but what happened?

I don’t want to get into all that. It’s a lot of things and everyone plays a role in it even if we don’t realize it. Lots of infants are going to grow up to be assholes too. LOL

Let me ask all you guys a serious question

And this is about the owner Stephen Ross, so please don’t answer, we can’t control what the owner does. I understand that.

Do you remember when sparano was our coach
    And Ross publicly flew Harbaugh on his helicopter
    Only to be jilted by Harbaugh

And then he had to repair the relationship with sparano for another season
    Only two fire him a year later

How is what he did with Tua now, by not shooting down those rumors from the get go, any different from giving Harbaugh a helicopter ride

Serious question. What’s the difference?

You’re right! The entire front office and HC aren’t doing enough to squash this or say yes we’re looking to upgrade at QB. I understand they can’t totally do that but they are disrespecting Tua in a shit way. That’s why I posted what I did.

There is so much that can go wrong here. I think the chance of that over Watson leading us to the promise land is 80-20.

To roll with ya, Ross also tried to lure Jeff Fisher, Peyton Manning, and several other rumored individuals. They ALL jilted Ross.

I hear ya, Pig.

Ross was bringing in Harbaugh on a plane. He brought Fisher in a helicopter

I always thought the Harbaugh situation is a great example of just how much an amateur owner Ross is

No helicopter in this story?

And there is absolutely no proof that Ross has even thought about it!

Miami is not trading for Watson. It’s just click bait.

And despite ORob’s QB analysis, Pro Football Focus ranks Tagovailoa the NFL’s fourth-best quarterback since returning from injury.

I don’t beleive it’s happening either

But it’s a serious problem for the franchise at this point and they really mishandled the whole thing

I don’t know if you guys heard this while at the game but Charlie Frye acknowledged trying to distract Tua from the rumors and that it was a distraction

It’s coming from everywhere, and our QB coach told the announcers of our last game he adjusted Tua’s schedule because of the distraction it has created.

So either our FO is so utterly stupid as to not dispel the rumors because they are taking the ‘we don’t discuss those things’ to a ridiculous level creating a massive distraction, not to mention letting the media continue to keep painting our QB in a bad light from an organizational standpoint, or we are actually interested in Watson. I think we are interested in him, but am hoping we balk at doing it. Either way our FO is moronic.

I can’t knock Ross for courting coaches who were well respected. He did go about it the wrong way a couple of times, but Jeff Fisher was the top candidate over Joe Philbin. I think Fisher would have failed too. He was awful with the Rams.

I’m more disappointed in Grier and Flores for ruining what looked like a good direction. Yes Ross hired them, but that doesn’t change what they’ve done. They have allowed drama to continue around this team and they’re 1-6. It sucks!!!

Courting Harbaugh while Sparano was still under contract was pure amateur hour. I wouldn’t want to coach if that is how he treats his coaches who are under contract

That’s exactly why Harbaugh turned us down. He thought it was a clown situation. He wanted nothing to do with Ireland who thought he was the man. That whole round table between Ross, Ireland and Sparano to diffuse the situation was really bad. That’s part of the reason Parcells snuck out in the middle of the night. He felt Ireland stabbed Sparano in the back for his own good. Those two who were close as families never spoke again once Sparano was fired. Parcells wrote Ireland off.

I really don’t understand the Watson stuff continuing to happen. It makes Ross, Grier, and Flores look like lost, desperate morons. You can see how Grier drafts, Ross owns, and Flores coaches that they aren’t the smartest cookies in the NFL but why would they continue to promote this storyline that makes them seem even worse than a 1-6 start does? Even if they don’t get Watson, how does this help any of them? There’s a reason this garbage isn’t being promoted by other teams or the media tha cover them. Why do we always get the really dumb guys to run the Dolphins?

I don’t care how you feel about Tua the QB and player, as a person he deserves better than this.

If we fuck this team up completely, I hope both Tannehill and Tua win championships before us. Karma is a bitch!

I’m halfway to hoping we trade him and he has a great career.

Ouch

I don’t want to wish that much pain on myself…lol

But I get your point
      It’s a horrible thing to do to the player
      It’s demonstrates catastrophic disorganization to do that to your 5 pick that you anticipated drafting from the entire season before you drafted him

It’s amateur hour for any organization

The Dolphins are better organization If they focus on bringing out the best of their players
      Not create distractions for them

It’s just crazy town

152. ElephantRider says:

Miami Dumpster Fires

On a different topic

You guys know I’m Mr. Patience and all that. I’m at the point to completely change everyone in the organization and have a completely new FO and coaching staff. Unless Ross sells the team, he’s the owner. But this season has been handled badly by all of them. You don’t think players notice this shit?

We have a roster of some good young players to work with. We’re 1-6!!!! Who cares if we start over, from what? We’re not building anything right now. We’re squirming. This sucks!!!!

Fisher was a helicopter
    Harbaugh was a plane
    Does the next guy get a rocket ship?

Oh, and if Tim isn’t preaching patience, then it’s even worse than I thought, lol.

LOL

People with a lot of wealth will be discussing business in space very soon. It will be the new fangled thing to do. Instead of a popular restaurant or hotel, it will be in a rocket. It’s already begun. 🙂

The next big name coach on his way to turn the Dolphins job down.

The instant gratification movement has ruined almost everything out there!

Yeah and when the GM and HC already don’t believe in what they’re doing is alarming. If that’s not the case and it’s all BS rumors, I respect that more. They’re following their go young philosophy. Watson is a panic mode move not because of Tua, they’re questioning themselves. We’re not losing because of Tua. He’s a lame scapegoat just like Tannehill was. The Tua one is even more ridiculous, he’s not even half way through his 2nd season missing 3.75 games due to injury. Tannehill dealt with this nonsense for 7 years. Not the same people but the questions and the bullygate nonsense. It never ends. It’s a bad environment. That has not been corrected. We thought is was but it reared it’s ugly head once again. WTF!!!!?

Woah!
        Your confusing me with the rest of the chicken littles around here, I think?

When I hear it from someone in the Dolphins organization I will believe it.

Until then it’s just sour grapes and BS click bait!

No just replying to your statement and going off. We’re all tired of it. I don’t really believe in curses and superstitions but it’s not like I’m not aware of them. 😉

What’s to be tired of? losing? Ya that’s a drag!

Everything else is most everyone making up shit, or finding shit to get pissed off about!

The Miami Dolphins have not EVER said they wanted Dip shit!

Until they do, it’s just click bait for the masses to wriggle over!

But I digress1 go back to your self pity

But again I digress.

Continue on

Any of you ever wonder if marine life wonders what the fuck we’re doing in the ocean? I do. Many of them have been there millions of years before we got involved in a short period of time. But we’re the stewards of the planet. Maybe in our blip of time existing, it’s not really enlightenment. There are species that have existed on earth for so much longer than humans.

What if they’re just watching what’s happening and waiting for the day we stop with the nonsense? Many of them are beyond our violent nonsense. Existence and survival to them is more important than human greed. Humans are mostly narcissistic. We’re not even okay with our own bodies, we must wear cloths to hide genitals. We’re the only species that does that. Talk about insecure. Makeup and body art is prominent. We always want to be something else. Can’t accept your life.

Maybe humans are the evil ones on earth. Without us wouldn’t there still be beautiful green pastures, mountains, crystal clear waters and such? I’m glad to have been given this chance at life as a human, but not sure it was the best energy in life. How about being a bird that can fly? Are we really the most evolved?

I don’t pay any attention to the dismal start of this season, what did you expect? we have a very young team and inexperience at HC.
    If you want to look at the good side of this team have faith in knowing we will get better, as it appears we can’t get much worse.
    we have bottomed out as expected. there are no quick fixs.
    the only thing that can fix this team is time.

the fans here are like a stock market bar graph. prior to the season the line is up, the stock was very expensive, at this point the line has plummeted. everyone were buyers preseason, now they’re dumping their stock.
    i was shorting the stock in preseason with my 8-9 prediction, WOW (i was snorting some of the kool aide as well with that), most of you were mainlining the kool aide!
    now i’m buying. can’t get worse, only one way to go. UP.

let that be a lesson to all you stock investors and keep your bar graph up.

That’s why we’re called fans(fanatics)

How can you be a fan of a team and not be optimistic before a season, when things seem to be trending up?

Last night I turned off the World Series at about 10:00 O’Clock–my usual bedtime. And this game was still in the bottom OF THE THIRD!!! WellI guess I’m NOT the only one who was put to sleep by this way-too-slow moving contest! If I was an advertiser who had an add scheduled for the 6th inning, I’d be PISSED as a long term Dolphin fan who has had to put up with over a decade of Ross’s endless poor selections to run his team. Ya got all that.
    —————
    ALREADY missing you guyz and galz who showed up at the Fest!
    FINALLY, got to give a big tip of the hat to Chef Warren and his lovely lady. His shrimp-loaded salad was MAWVELOUS!!

FIRE ROSS!

I didn’t think this team was going to do much this season, but that was because I didn’t believe in this offense. They didn’t seem committed to giving Tua better line protection or a run game. Wide receiving corps, other than giving up 2 firsts for Waddle didn’t scream seriousness. I wasn’t a fan of the Will Fuller pickup. 2 New OC’s without much of a resume. That’s just too many things to overcome for a team trying to progress in their third year.
    I thought the defense would be about the same, although some things concerned me with X’s contract drama and the sending off of KVN. I didn’t see this kind of falloff or the special teams having issues.
    That being said, unless something silly like a Watson trade happens, I’m not willing to cheer for blowing it up at the end of this year. I’d like to give Flores the chance to learn from the things he did wrong this past year’s offseason and get back on the course that we were supposed to be staying on the first two years.

I like sports the same reason I like anything else that I do. I understand that I have no control over what happens. I just have control on the access I give those things to my life. If a band comes out with an album and only 2 songs on it are good. I can still enjoy those two songs. Not every movie or TV show I invest in is going to be a hit.
    I used to get invested and emotional about sports, especially when I was playing fantasy football years ago. I decided to focus on what’s important. I hardly watch the games live anymore. Most of the time I’ll be doing something with my family and look at the time to realize the game was already played. lol. If the team is playing terrible, I’ll turn it off and go outside or watch something else. It’s not worth the energy to be miserable. We still have some bright spots on this team, regardless of the game outcome. So I’ll enjoy those and the rest can get sorted out in the bin.

Have to give props to the students at my son’s dorm. Last night’s party theme: shots for the shooting

Cav – I was thinking of myself as the rock. and wondering why everyone was so worried about an Iceberg I couldn’t see!

169. bailbondmike says:

M13, I am very familiar with Bryson Gray. Another good independent.

Check out “Banned” and “Everything”.

I think the idea that time cures all is short sighted. Time doesn’t usually cure all. Parcells was exactly right. If they don’t bite as pups, they aren’t suddenly going to. There are dozens of successful coaches that didn’t need four years to produce a decent team. In fact, usually the terrible coaches were the ones who weren’t on a very visible upswing by year 3. Guys like Reid, Tomlin, Kingsbury, Shula, etc,etc. Look at the Bills, Rams, Ravens. It didn’t take 4 years to build up.

Most of our players aren’t rookies. Where is the growth? We’re acting like this is Year 1 or 2. It’s Year 3 and we are on par with Year 1. Trying to flirt with Watson rumors. Selling a shit team to the fans once again. Much like Bookman, I’m tired of the constant excuses. Fuck this regime. I’m done with them.

We were 10-6 last year. I call that a decent team, but then this one is similar. It is confounding.

• New Age says:

Good point. It makes this season much harder to understand as you stated but Gase had one good year too. Sad to compare the two but that’s where we’re at.

Did someone say blow it up?

Sorry Flo must go! The new GM (Because Grier absolutely must go!!) deserves to pick his own coach. Getting a new GM with a “Tenured” HC is shite! Most of the good candidates will refuse that situation.

I think the heads at the top rolling and doing a true blow up are two different Q’s. It’s already a young team.

when you blow up a front office it doesn’t effect the Player contracts. (only the FO commitment to the players they bring in) If you dump the FO we will still have all the same players. Hopefully a new coaching staff can actually coach them up!

So you were talking a surgical strike with a hellfire missile when a drone catches Flores and Grier in the same car. Blow it Up is total rebuild to me.

The bandwagon is getting empty. I may have room to bring on a few fat bottomed girls to take the place of all the fans jumping off. Sweet!

Just some random thoughts that likely mean nothing to most, but I find depressing and hard to acknowledge.

18 different teams have won a SB since the Fins last won one.
    The Dolphins have the 3rd largest drought between SB wins
    Jets 53 years (on going)
    Chiefs 50 years (Ended in 2019)
    Dolphins 48 years (On going)

Whether we want to admit it or not, we are in the same class as the Jets. Might have had more high points over the years, but ultimately this is not a proud championship franchise, it is a franchise that has pissed away a lot of talent in 48 years and has underachieved, and has been living on a probably undeserved reputation for a long time.

If 18 different teams have won since our last doesn’t that mean 14 have not? No we haven’t been gangbusters, but been some great games to watch along the way. It really just is entertainment after all.

• bookman11 says:

Like I said, likely means nothing to most.

Last thing it means is nothing. But some don’t think it is everything. And lot’s of middle in there. For sure the way the season has gone time to bring such up.

There are a lot of teams to have never won a SB:
      Philadelphia Eagles
      Detroit Lions
      Minnesota Vikings
      Carolina Panthers
      Atlanta Falcons
      Arizona/St Louis Cardinals
      Buffalo Bills
      Cleveland Browns either incarnation
      Cincinnati Bengals
      Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers
      Jacksonville Jaguars
      Houston Texans
      San Diego Chargers

I think people often forget how hard it is to win a SB

October 27, 2021 at 1:50 pm

No surgery involved. Battle Axe not scalpel. LOL

It amounts to the same thing really. I think the GM needs to go. I also think the new GM deservse to pick his own HC. That HC in turn should be able to hire his own staff. The new staff will of course have their own opinions on player so that will lead to player turn over as well.

So yeah, rebuild. If the GM goes it would be a total rebuild. (but we don’t automatically lose the good young players we have)

They’ve treated him like trash since he was drafted

But ultimately it’s on him to be a professional and so far he’s has been one

That said, I extremely disappointed to see my team treat a player like this, especially a franchise QB not too far removed from being drafted

The Dolphins have been unprofessional

6 days

Until they start speculating about Watson to the Phins in the offseason. And if it happens then is when it will.

Once the trade deadline passes, at least we can get the rest of the season without this crap before it comes up again.

And maybe Tua will continue to grow and play well enough to stop the speculation by season’s end.

I think Tua is gonna have a great rest of the season, especially given the schedule. Even if he does won’t stop the trade stuff from coming up again, except if Watson’s agent decides we aren’t the best stalking horse any more.

If Tua does well enough, then maybe we’ll lose interest in Watson. Easy enough to stop the speculation at that point by simply saying we aren’t interested.

Phish, it wasn’t shroom juice, just some really good chit man. LOL

Ken says:
    October 27, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Agree. If I am free agent no way I want to come here
    ———————————————————————–
    That’s why I’m down on this regime. Not so much because they’re having a bad season, it happens. But how they’re handling the Watson situation and treating Tua. Even non Dolphins fans think what they’re doing is bad and that effects the entire team. They’re showing they don’t have their players back.

It really sucks because year one and year two of Flores reign all we heard was player picked us over other teams because they wanted to play for Flores. Now they (Free agents) are getting so to see how we treat players….

How do you think Watson will do when he plays agaist the Texans in two weeks?

NEW BLOG UP!!!