GAMENIGHT!!! Dolphins @ Saints

1,404 Responses to GAMENIGHT!!! Dolphins @ Saints

3 running plays please

I just want to punt it and play defense now

Can we just punt now?

Any douchebags here sell on Poshmark? lol

Go Dolphins!

Finish this

7. lol Dolphins DEFENSE is brutal!

Get Waddle off the field, NO is chippy

Server was down for A few

Dolphins chewing clock.

Lol….Hollins is awesome

That was great!

Zack Thomas should hit a Griese again

That was not so great.

Holding in EZ is a safety

16. naplesfan2010 says:

Let’s not lose focus.

Anyone know what the Dolphins record is for sacks in a game?

Yes! Just what we needed!

They haven’t shown Book’s family in the stands for awhile. 😆

OK I take it back!

It’s nice to see Brisket in now!!!! 😉

7 straight losses, followed by 7 straight wins!!!!

2 to go

9 sacks vs Bills in 1973

I’m going to have such a headache tomorrow. 😂

I cannot believe we are 8-7 and the 7th seed right now

1 down 2 to go

I’m gonna sleep great tonight!! GO DOLPHINS 🐬

29. Dolphins defense has been incredible tonight

Defense wins championships

Great play by the D today

We held their offense to 3 with the rookie QB. Their defense is really good and we scored 20. I’ll take that. Don’t tell me about players out. Everyone has been dealing with it. Wooohooo. Glad Son was there for it!

Go Dolphins!

Ogbah has passed Phillips in sacks, now has 9

Yeah baby

Congrats to Twice .. Congrats to Twice .. Twice versus Darlene in finals

Tua and Waddle both show up on the big stage

Ds performance is what it is against a rookie QB playing his first game

37. win 6 more, and thats super bowl champions!

TUA

Congrats to Twice. Although I was secretly hoping Stanger would win it. Now I have him in consolation for 3rd. 😂

Final score, Dolphins D 7 ,Saints O 3

41. naplesfan2010 says:

All I want right now is to beat the Titans.

42. toast the titans, and cheat the cheatriots out of the playoffs

The 8 sacks give us 45, 1 more than Minn and TB

I want the home game in the final week to be meaningful

Now Greise is starting with the shit about we didn’t score enough pts tonight to beat Tenn, we’re going to have to be better on O

VERY happy with the win tonight!!!

Not to take any wind out of our sails, but our Offense must be better next week. We did very well tonight against a formidable Saints Defense (they were down only a couple of studs on Defense, most of their COVID-related were on their Offense).

Things are looking VERY GOOD for us!!!

It’s tough coming off of Monday Night, then traveling to Tenn, coming off of Thursday

This is a bad scheduling game for us

🙂

Tenn just needs 1 more win or an Ind loss to clinch the div and they play Hou week 18, they won’t exactly be playing for their playoff lives

steveccnv says:
    December 27, 2021 at 11:30 pm
    You play against the team on the field

You don’t think our D can shutdown Tannestatue?
    ————-
    Oh YES! I believe our D can stop Tennessee (minus Derrick Henry). I’m saying our Offense needs to play better. My man Kevin Byard will DESTROY Tua if he sails passes as he did today.

Does anybody else find it strange that DeVante wasn’t targeted even ONCE tonight?

Honestly the thing that concerns me most about the next game is the damn Covid tests. Doesn’t seem like it’s effecting anyone much medically but players have to miss games. We can’t afford to sit some key people.

54. bailbondmike says:

One game at a time!!!!!!!

I WAS MOST PLEASED by Flores’ decision to open up the playbook when the game was on the line. BELIEVE ME, WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE THIS SUNDAY IN NASHVILLE, the Titans will remember that Flores does NOT crawl into a conservative shell, as SOME NFL coaches do. They’ll have to prepare for ANY EVENTUALITY, which improves Miami’s chances to succeed.
    ——————————
    I’M OF THE OPINION that beating Tennessee on the road (with them having extra days to prepare for the game) will prove to be a tougher task than beating the Pats in Miami the following Sunday.
    BUT Tannehill, who’ll be higher than a kite for this one, simply lacks what it takes to avoid Miami’s devastating pass rush! The game may be won in the trenches, where Miami’s lack of consistency is a problem. Fortunately, Tua’s quick release can nullify Tennessee’s pass rush, to some extent. “Tanny,” on the other hand, lacks the ultra quick (and accurate) release. He may just throw one downfield to avoid the sack, and it gets picked-off!! If THAT happens MORE than once, Miami will win the game.
    —————————-
    SO I SEE Flores’ open play book, combined with a top-notch pass rush, as the keys to Miami’s chances of winning. Meanwhile, the Dolphins MUST AVOID THE RAVAGES OF THE VIRUS IF THEY ARE TO WIN THIS GAME. THE ORGANIZATION MUST STRESS THE ADVANTAGES OF A CONSERVATIVE LIFESTYLE TO MEN WHO AARE IN THE PRIME OF THEIR LIVES- – – NOT AN EASY TASK!!
    ————————–
    AGAIN, FLORES’ ABILITY to get the attention (and the cooperation) of his players on this key issue may be the deciding factor down the road. But we WON’T GET “DOWN THE ROAD” unless we win the next two games.

CAN FLORES DO IT???

I’d be ok going into next year with the RBs we have right now, Lindsey and Johnson are good enough, throw in Ahmed and Gaskin and we now have the type of RBs, that fit our team

Brian Flores kept this team together after 1-7. That’s impressive. Win 7 in a row, it’s never been done before in the history of the NFL. 🙂

• its amazing,

after 1-7, the team never quit

ABSOLUTELY! The man is playing chess while most are playing checkers. There IS a reason why DeVante and Ford weren’t targeted today… at least IMO.

• herdfan says:

Whatever it was, this team did not give up.

TIM; Have you forgotten “The Perfect Season?” Miami actually won 18 in a row before losing in Oakland in ’73. That said, Flores’ 7 game winning streak AFTER LOSING 7 IN A ROW remains an astonishing accomplishment! IF he actually wins the next 2 games and gets Miami into the Playoffs, THAT will be an Ultra-Astonishing achievement!

All I was saying was that no team that started off 1-7 ever won 7 games in a row.

PS: HERD—GREAT JOB with the laundry!! I’m keeping my late ’70’s Dolphins jersey out of the laundry until we lose (and we’ve won 5 straight when I’ve worn it!!)
        —————–
        OUT for tonight!! – – Go FINS!!

58. im so happy the fins drafted Waddle, he is an incredible weapon for Tua

The next game against the Titans is the next biggest game of the year. This is awesome!!! It’s not going to be easy but it’s happening. 🙂

I seriously want them to go in some kind of bubble till this is over. Is that wrong? 😂

I just hate to see the surprise of this player or that is out because of a test when It doesn’t seem to be that debilitating.

WONDER IF Mr. AND Mrs. SON-OF-A-SON are drunk yet??
    NOW I’m REALLY OUT!!

Our offense played very conservative most of the game and really just killed clock the entire 4th quarter. We didn’t have to ‘open it up’ and try to put up 30 because the circumstances of the game didn’t require it. The Saints are a strong defense and the only way we could lose this game was by making costly mistakes on offense or special teams and giving them short fields and easy scores.

This team executed very well tonight in all phases to give us an easy victory. So screw you, Griese, and your “the offense only scored 13”. Did you watch the game amidst the constant Dolphins bashing you gagging assclown?

If you want to back go to prior posts I said this is how we should play it. But… we did run some weird stuff at times but I’ve realized lots of teams do this. Please stop running the 1-3 yard hitch to Gesicki. Unless they’re trying to set something up for later. I don’t know.

I don’t care who we play. Our defense is becoming a monster. We’ll go as far as they go. The offense is at the point where it’s don’t fuck it up and be balanced. They’re just getting started but we’re now in a playoff race. Great challenge for this team.

I’m very impressed and proud of this team with their resilience. Coaches deserve this credit and what about Grier with Lindsay and Duke added to the team in the last 4-5 weeks. Whatever it takes to win the game.

I’m as baffled as anyone. LOL

Tim, I believe you said it, probably a few others too. It was the smart play with our D and them with a QB playing his first NFL game. I said something similar right before kickoff. No way that guy was going to perform against our D, lol.

CavalierKong says:
        December 27, 2021 at 8:13 pm
        As long as our offense and special teams don’t screw the pooch and give their offense short fields and/ or points, not sure how they beat us.

mf13ss says:
    December 27, 2021 at 11:36 pm

He was targeted once on the sideline- he batted the ball away that was a jump ball under thrown

He saw it!

It’s still early, but Waddle may already be the hardest cover in the NFL along with Tyreek Hill. He creates separation so effortlessly he is nearly impossible to cover one on one.

Wait until we have an OL, and Tua can throw it downfield more often

Man is that is the truth, bro.

Watching Davis get beat and miss blocks on so many plays every single game is flippin frustrating. It’s pretty incredible our offense has become mostly functional when our worst olineman is Tua’s blindside tackle, our entire left side is shaky, and our center is average at best.

My keys to the game were for Tua to throw for about 225, no picks and 80% comp

He fell short on these 3, the other was to play the little ball, that worked

I like Tua throwing mostly short passes, then when time allows throw it 20+

Mack Hollins isn’t going to give you 10 catches and 100+ yds, but man he is Johnny on the spot with timely plays game after game.

Cin vs KC this week

I bet Cin wins

69. Eye-popping NextGen Stat: Tagovailoa’s third-quarter completion to Mack Hollins had an air distance of 49.7 yards with 0.6 yards of separation, marking the longest tight-window completion of Tua’s career.

On our first drive tonight, Jackson let a free rusher thru, Tua had to throw early as a result the pass to Waddle was incomplete

Herbert or Allen probably complete that pass by standing in the pocket, taking the hit and hitting the wide open receiver

This is Tua’s biggest weakness in my opinion, but think he’s money otherwise avoiding the rush

Tampa Tom does stay in on plays like I mentioned above and completes them, but we saw how bad he was against the Saints pass rush, that Tua thrived against

• but Herbert and Allen havent been able to string together 7 wins in a row, like Tua has

this team led by Tua, and this defense is hot, and at the right time of the year too

Reminds me a lot of the Morrall led Fins in 72, difference is Tua uses the short pass while Earl used the running game

Both are consistent, non flashy and low risk

71. defense continued its elite play, allowing 158 total yards and holding the Saints to 0-for-11 on third down. It’s the first time the Saints failed to convert a third down since 2005, when they went 0-for-11 against, you guessed it, the Dolphins.

2 games to go, folks. Yikes!!!! This is awesome that it’s actually possible. LOL

Was thinking, now that we’re in a playoff spot, of course we have to play an extra game… 17

But if it was 16 we wouldn’t have played the Gmen and we beat them so…

Re-sign Ogbah!

Fun!

However it happens… RT, C/G, RB and WR needs to be the focus in 2022. That can change a lot added to this team learning each other.

Last night the pressure clearly got to Ian Book. Still can’t believe he threw it away on 4th down….lol

The offense was lethargic. We’ve seen that before. But FYI, we aren’t the only team struggling to score. The Titans haven’t scored more than 20 in their last 5 games.

As long as our defense is playing well, we can win. That’s the major difference between 1-7 and the last 7 games

I can watch this over and over

I remember going to Slatterys in NYC Game 16 against the Bills, with Thaddeus Lewis as their QB. A WIN and we were IN. Well, flip the script from last night. Thaddeus Lewis and the Bills defense outplayed our Dolphins and sacked Tannehill 7 times knocking him out of action. Matt Moore had to finish. We lost 19-0. Don’t minimize what this team accomplished last night. That was a huge win. We set the tone early with the pick 6. We never let up on defense. I’m very proud of what our team did last night, big game, prime time! They still had Kamara, Cam Jordan, Marcus Davenport, Marshon Lattimore, Marcus Williams etc. That was an extremely satisfying win

Did I mention that disgruntled Brian Griese can eat a bag of dicks?

Flores and company made a ton of mistakes this past offseason, but it looks like they got wise. Hopefully what happened on the beginning of this season doesn’t repeat into next season. This 7 game win streak is impressive and all kudos to the coaches for never losing the team, but we should have never been put into this position in the first place. No late starts next season. Just pure unstoppable, division winning dominance from start to finish.
    I’m not sure I want to spend money on another veteran WR next year. I say re-sign the role players we have in Ford and Hollins aling with some practice squad guys and draft another dynamic guy who can grow with Tua. Parker is already on the payroll. We are set there.

December 28, 2021 at 7:47 am
    Did I mention that disgruntled Brian Griese can eat a bag of dicks?

________________________________________

does he eat clock?

Well, shame on the NFL for such poor scheduling…..It seems we are the benefactors of very easy scheduling the past SEVEN VICTORIES IN A ROW! Like anyone can do that….

After we beat the Titans next week it will be some other excuse.

I don’t care. Ugly win, easy win, just f’n WIN!

man, if we somehow pull out a win against Tenn, the last game at home against the Pats will be huge!

Victory Monday…er eh Tuesday

Jimmy G has tear and fracture in thumb. Hopefully that helps our draft position

• Rhino says:

As long as 49ers end up with a worse record than us, it will release all that angst from first half of season about “giving up a top 5 pick”. 🙂

… and yes to Victory “Tuesday”. Had a great run this morning as I was in great spirits despite the second half ‘spirits’ I consumed. Winning is fun.

BOOM!!!

• Rhino says:

I hope Buffalo stays at 4 or 5. In the above scenario, our path to go deep is quite doable.

beating Titans won’t necessarily change that as they still get Texans the last week. I don’t think I’d want the Colts in first round either. I think they are a very dangerous team right now. I wonder if Henry is back for playoffs (?)

I agree and want to re-sign Ogbah. Having him on the line allows then to do all kinds of things with this Defense and has helped #15’s stats this year too. Keep Ogbah and allow Phillips to continue to grow into the probowler he will become.

91. Rhino says:

During the 7 game win streak, Fins are +95 on pt diff.

I know it doesn’t help us finish the season… but finishing those games vs Jax and Atl would have Fins at 10-5, in position to win the division. A couple late game sloppy minutes from a potential #2 overall seed. That’s how I like to look at what this team IS (beyond the record), because if those games were replayed today they’d have very different outcomes.

Is it Sunday yet?

You guys want to laugh at someone in the National Media? How about these mid-season draft grades from Chris Trapasso from CBS earlier in the season?

No. 6: Miami Dolphins – WR Jaylen Waddle (after giving an A+ to the bungles for Chase)

Grade: C-

As my WR1 in the 2021 class, I’m miffed at how Waddle’s career has started. He’s much more talented than his unfathomably low 8.6 yards-per-catch average indicates. The Dolphins are colossally conservative, and Waddle has barely been featured down the football field, one of the many places he shined under the bright lights in Tuscaloosa
    A minuscule 7.6% of Waddle’s targets have been on throws 20 or more yards downfield. That’s negligent offensive game planning. I will say, Waddle hasn’t made defenders miss as frequently as he did in college. He does lead the team with 48 receptions.

No. 18: Miami Dolphins – EDGE Jaelan Phillips

Grade: D+

Phillips has one strong outing — against the Colts — on his NFL resume thus far. And while the 17 pressures on 204 pass-rushing snaps equates to a not-totally-brutal 8.4% pressure-creation rate, the diverse pass-rush move arsenal and complete game he put on display in his one-year showcase at Miami has simply not be as effective as Miami would’ve hoped in legitimate one-on-one situations.

The strong edge-setting, block-defeating run defender he proved to be in 2020 has rarely appeared on the field early in his NFL career

95. Rhino says:

Waddle only needs 6 more receptions to pass Boldin’s rookie record of 101 (right?).

Boldin played all 16 games that year, Waddle has played 14. Probably have record already if not for protocols. Either way, he’ll get it in 15 or 16 games played so no BS about needing 17 games to do it. Just get it done against Titans so we don’t have to suffer spin from some hater with a keyboard. lol