Tua injury overshadows loss to Bengals

This image is still in my head. I went to sleep last night and the loss to the Bengals didn’t bother me in the least. All I could think about was that poor kid lying on the ground with a potentially devastating injury. Thankfully, Tua Tagovailoa was released from the trauma center after just a couple of hours and traveled home with his team. Sometimes you have to separate the humanity from the sport. I wanted us to win this game yet I couldn’t stop thinking about Tua. I saw the game on Sunday, saw him stumble. I was told that an independent neurologist examined Tua and he was cleared of being concussed. I believe this 100%, not everything that happens with the Miami Dolphins is a conspiracy theorist’s wet dream for Gods sake! What happened Sunday has zero to do with what happened last night. This is a violent sport, and that hit last night was evidence of that. It wasn’t dirty per se, it was a physical play that used to be commonplace in any and every NFL game but sometimes the lions bite the gladiators, it happens. Listening to WQAM in Miami, all kinds of “experts” are chiming in on the Tua situation and it really sickens me. I know Ross made the bed and now he has to sleep in it, but this is just too much.

Without any real timetable on QB Tua Tagovailoa’s return, Teddy Bridgewater will be the QB going forward for however long Tua is unavailable. It’s a good thing we’re 3-1 and already 2-0 in divisional play, including knocking off top dog Buffalo. Teddy Bridgewater will get all the snaps and will be better prepared to be at the helm and lead this team. The Jets will have their young QB ( Zach Wilson) back so we won’t be facing Joe Flacco. CB Byron Jones should be back for this game, but will he be opposite X? CB Xavien Howard didn’t finish the game and if you watched the game, I’m not entirely sure he have started it. He clearly is not healthy and was doing his best, but he doesn’t have the speed right now to compete with teams best receivers. Whether or not he can rebound after a long rest, the Dolphins now have 10 days before they play 2 Sundays from now, remains to be seen.

The game last night was pretty odd. We had 7 more yards on offense than the Bengals and Dolphins RB Raheem Mostert (15-69) out rushed RB Joe Mixon (24-61) by 8 yards with 9 less carries. We actually had a good chance to take the lead down 20-15 and were driving to score when Teddy Bridgewater threw his first interception of the season with the Dolphins at the Cincy 29 yard line. We actually had a 15-14 lead as the 3rd quarter ended. Despite all that, there are major concerns for me going forward with this defense. We simply cannot get to the QB rushing just 4 or even 5. It’s shocking to me that this is the case because I expected so much more from LB Jaelan Phillips, especially when we added Melvin Ingram to the mix, and Ingram has been playing so well. Phillips has 6 total tackles and 1 sack through 4 games while playing 70% of the defensive snaps. Ogbah has also been neutralized and his stats mirror Phillips, 7 total tackles, 1 sack. With our secondary incomplete, the one on one man to man coverage is not sustainable with Keion Crossen, Nik Needham and Kader Kohou. All of these guys have done admirable work, and I’m not belittling any of them, but we had pro bowl caliber guys like Xavien Howard and Byron Jones back there, so it’s an awful lot to ask of these young players to cover the NFL’s best one on one with no help, because a safety is needed to blitz to provide pass rush help. The defense was built on the foundation of having the best cover corners back there, so you can’t substitute a couple of UDFA’s and expect the same results.

I think our offense is going to be fine, whether it’s Teddy Bridgewater, Tua Tagovailoa or even Skylar Thompson. I would like us to run the ball more, I liked Mostert getting more carries, you give that guy a little crease and he’s gone. Once again though, as I’ve said before, I don’t like our short yardage offense one bit. Not one of our backs can push the pile, we aren’t getting any push up front, and that includes C Connor Williams, LG Liam Eichenberg and RG Robert Hunt. Cincy defense blew up each and every short yardage play which thoroughly disgusted me. Good thing we have a fullback? Can we use him, and can he give a running back a crease? Like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop, we may never know.

At 3-1, I should be elated, all of us should, and it’s not like last night’s team loss was so disheartening. I think to me it’s the uncertainty of Tua’s health, and my concerns about our defense that have me feeling down, and mostly it’s Tua for me. I feel so bad for the kid. Finally, the kid has someone in his corner, and he balled out with tons of confidence, and now this. As we all know, concussions seem to manifest more concussions. We’ve seen it happen with so many players in the NFL, I just hope Tua doesn’t become one of those players and become one of those statistics. Teddy Bridgewater has had some bad luck in his own right and now takes the reins of a very potent offense. I’m happy for him however long it lasts, and hope he prospers and enjoys success here in Miami.

#stangerstrong

#naplesstrong

GO DOLPHINS!!!

909 Responses to Tua injury overshadows loss to Bengals

Mike E, so we lose Tua for however long, and with it comes all these accusations. Then the Mets go and piss away the division. At one point everything was looking good on both fronts and within a week look at where we are now. 😦

I don’t think it’s so bad for Tua to miss a little time

Jets play on turf too so….

I have a feeling Tua will be playing in the Vikings game

Just got a new addittion to the tailgate kit. Liking it.

6. Krishna says:

For you U75s on this blog and closer to 0s that express commentary on Tua’s neurological condition(s) based on your personal observations, you really need to look closer at yourselves, as in your asshole, lol….a big zero.

I would refer you to Wyo’s post of MMs presser from 5:02 right before the page turn…I think you find his comment around 6 minutes in, about how irresponsible it would be for him to add his 2 cents to a medical matter.

You are being fucking “irresponsible” like the SM and showing how stupid you are….lol….carry on so everyone sees it.

Did you know the funny bone, knee, and foot reflexes, not to mention many others, including light reflexes all speak to neurological processes.

I loved the part where MM stated he would have to take some summer courses so he could “opine” over professionals with years of study and experience on medical matters. The biology course or sex education course you took in HS or college is not enough…geez, loueez.

Stfu…lmao.

Not really sure who you’re calling out here but that was pretty aggressive.

• Krishna says:

I didn’t call anyone out….except for those who know everything without knowing anything….

And, I know it was aggressive/assertive and to the point….lol.

For 99% here, it shouldn’t be an issue…lol

7. Krishna says:

Stangerx, can you please provide our sections and block of seats we have for the Fest?

Mike E. can you please connect me and stangerx with each other’s contact info for the Fest? Email is easiest for me…I’ll do my best if text is all you have…..I can always call, too.

Thank you.

8. Wyoming85 says:

Krishna
    I had to read your post twice and go back to see if I put something inappropriate above the pressor!
    I think I’m innocent this time? 😉

9. Krishna says:

By the way, when you see your wife spasm, foam at the mouth, and go unconscious and/or pass out and go limp to the floor, it doesn’t mean they’ve experienced a concussion….

Is that too aggressive? Lol!!!

I’ll repeat this. The NFL concussion protocol cleared Tua in the Bills game. McDaniel followed the protocol and annoyed Tua talking with him seeing how he felt. Tua said I’m fine and I’ve been cleared. Then he gets his head whipped into the ground in the Bengals game and now it goes back to the 1st half of the Bills game. The hit in the Bengals game reminded me of a Judo flip with the head hitting the ground. The hit in the Bills game was being pushed down backwards with much less velocity.

So Tua helped win the game in the 2nd half of the Bills game with a horrible neurological issue and then started the Bengals game with no issues, but the hit when he got messed up goes back to the 1st half of the Bills game?

• boulderfinfan says:

I don’t think one had anything to do with the other. He would have had a concussion regardless of what happened in the bills game.

The hit and injury in the Bengals game is a separate and distinct injury from what happened in the Bills game. What we witnessed on the field with flex ion of the hand and arms is a fencing sign seizure. It is a neurological response to acute trauma to the brain stem. That injury was not in any way caused by the injury in the Bills game.

That’s what I saw. It was an unfortunate coincidence in the Bengals game with a much more violent hit.

11. boulderfinfan says:

Ken,
    Just emailed you.

12. Wyoming85 says:

Assumptions are like ass holes!

Everyone has 1, and most don’t pass the smell test!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Wyoming85 says:

Ken says:
    October 3, 2022 at 8:23 pm
    Or dare I say colon?
    ——————————
    Well I guess that is a cologne?
    Don’t think I’d recommend that on the first date! 😉

14. randydolfan1947 says:

YOUNG STANGER; SAW your comments on Daniel Snyder. You may be surprised to know that I’ve TRULY HATED THIS POMPOUS ASS since the first time I heard him speak on national television many years ago. His “excuses” for his behavior reflect his utter disdain for civilized society. And his admission that he keeps “one set of financial records for the NFL and another (accurate) set of books for himself” is hardly surprising. I’m guessing the first set of books are the ones he shows the IRS, too. Snyder’s continued presence as an owner of an NFL franchise says a lot about the NFL, doesn’t it??

Anyway, I find Snyder much more offensive than Little Stevie Blunder, who somehow, for over a decade, was unable to select the “right guy” to be either the GM or the Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins. And his “dry spell” for playoff victories remains unmatched in Dolphins’ history. But, finally, there is HOPE that he may have finally struck gold with the hiring of MM. Time will tell.

Believe it or not, the worst owner in the NFL over the last 50 years is NEITHER of these guys. I’d give the award to Jerry Richardson, first owner of the Carolina Panthers and a former NFL LINEMAN in the 1960’s, if I remember correctly. Poor Jerry just could not help himself when it came to bigoted, pro-KKK, commentaries directed at HIS OWN EMPLOYEES!! Enough of his employees secretly taped some of his verbal garbage that, eventually, the NFL had to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PR DISASTER by forcing him to sell the team. SO, poor ole Jerry wins my award as the worst owner in the NFL in my adult lifetime!

And Robert Krapp is a close second.

“Hey – what are you guys talking about?”

Avatar change for jests week!

Krishna, I would never want to discuss what you went through with your wife. That’s a horrible and sad situation that I can’t share an experience. Sorry that happened to her and you, man.

Krishna says:
    October 3, 2022 at 7:01 pm
    For you U75s on this blog and closer to 0s that express commentary on Tua’s neurological condition(s) based on your personal observations, you really need to look closer at yourselves, as in your asshole, lol….a big zero…
    ————-
    Not sure who on this blog you’re talking about (nor do we need to know), but this is EXACTLY how I feel about the non-medical media trashing our Phins. As far as we know and have heard, Mike McDaniel followed the professional opinions of the neutral doc (who was fired by the Player’s Union) and the team doc.

I can’t stand listening to ESPN radio any longer.

I don’t know who Cameron Brate is but apparently he played with a concussion yesterday

The hit that gave him a concussion.

An old friend…

There’s too many variables we don’t know and never will, nor do the talking heads

We know returning too soon from a concussion can affect the next one, but we don’t know if it happened here

To say one way or the other what happened is just a guess

From MM’s part as far as we know, had no responsibility in the issue, he just listened to the drs

It doesn’t so much affect the next one but the second one affects and lengthens the recovery and increases the odds of long term sequelae

No one cares about a TE, and the funny thing is no one cared about our QB until now. Isn’t that ironic?

A day late, but Albert Pujols tied Babe Ruth for #2 in career RBIs last evening!

M- cracks me up how full of shit the NFL is. If they take any action against the Dolphins for the way Tua was handled I’m gonna lose my shit. They put the rules in place, we followed the rules and now that it appears that the rules they had in place were inadequate, they want to punish someone to make it appear as if they care.

OBJ…

This is the longest play in nfl films history

Here is what the Bucs had to say about their TE playing with a concussion, then later being removed:

Buccaneers head coach Todd Bowles has now spoken out about the incident. According to the Tampa shot-caller, the team believed that Brate was suffering a shoulder injury and that they had no inclination early on that it could have been a concussion:

“He complained of shoulder discomfort,” Bowles said of Brate. “Nothing about his head. He was checked out three times. He just said give him a minute. Nothing came up. He went back in until the end of the half. At halftime, he started having symptoms. Obviously, they were delayed. He started complaining about that. They tested him, he’s in the protocol. We kept him out the rest of the game.”

It’s a good thing that nothing serious happened to Brate after he returned to the game while he was dealing with a concussion. This situation could have been much worse.

For his part, however, Bowles is adamant that the Buccaneers did not do anything wrong here:

“He complained about his shoulder, not his head,” Bowles said. “You can’t see a neurologist or talk about concussions if you’re only complaining about your shoulder. … It was a noticeable hit. But again, it was on the shoulder. Nobody said nothing about the head. He got checked out three times. He said he just needed a minute for his shoulder to clear up, and that was it.”
    ——————-

We need to just agree football is a violent sport, people are going to sustain head injuries, players are going to want to play when injured, and if the NFL and NFLPA want to protect players as much as possible, they need to set clear protocol that errs on the side of keeping players out of games.

And if they get too protective, the next step in this farce will be fans complaining that their favorite players are being forced out of games because the NFL is being too cautious.

I saw the Buc TE play live and it was obvious in the moment he hit his head, and he lay there obviously hurt for a moment too.

The way this is meant to read is- it was obvious he hit his head, not his shoulder, and that he was hurt.

I hope the team uses this crap as a rallying point, them against the world, Teddy leads us to a win against the Jest, and Tua comes back and plays a great game against the Vikes.

30. Krishna says:

From the foot lover himself….and to my point about assholes….quote from Rexy, “Forget about his back and ankle BS we heard about. This is clearly from head trauma. That’s it. A concussion. We all know what it looks like.”

He doesn’t even know female anatomy and their more pleasurable parts, but he knows heads… lmfao.

Sorry tacky….oh well.🤷‍♂️

31. Krishna says:

I will admit and did so in the moment in the Bills game believe Tua was concussed.

Then, after seeing more visual evidence, I was not sure. The fall back and the head hitting the turf seemed “gentle” compared to other “hits to the head” I’ve seen in football.

It was nothing like the Bengal game where he was whipped around and his head was slammed to the ground from the whip–more of a lateral whip to the head.

Falling to the ground or visual evidence of someone falling to the ground is little evidence of a concussion–it could have been anything. It could have been heart trauma, blood loss from an internal injury, or any number of conditions I have personally witnessed and experienced…..

Have you ever stood up too fast and dropped to the floor or passed out? I have. Have you ever been standing and slumped to the ground? I have, due to a loss of blood from internal bleeding. Have you ever witnessed a vagal response while sitting down due low blood pressure or tachycardia?

I lost my shit yesterday after viewing the video Wyo put up on the presser MM did. His answers were brilliant and straightforward….the questions were assinine….

I was like the Bills coordinator in the press box that broke his laptop….🤣

It’s impossible to judge simply by a hit, collision or fall whether that person can be concussed or not. Braves pitcher Max Fried got a concussion fielding a ball down the first base line, he fell after making a throw because his foot slid out under him and when he came down, he hit his head and it was not a violent hit. Anything that really sloshes your brain in your head cavity could potentially cause a concussion. Anyway, the bigger point in Tua’s case is that we followed all the protocols properly and that’s that. If the NFL wants to change them, go for it! Just leave the team alone because they followed the rules correctly.

^ 100% exactly this.

I have no idea if Tua had a concussion on the first hit or not, but the fact is we followed the protocols. If that isn’t good enough, change the protocols, stop bashing our team.

33. naplesfan2010 says:

I hear that Tua’s MRIs this week all came back showing no damage.

The MRI may show nothing. That is not uncommon in a traumatic brain injury. Most of the time trauma to the brain does not produce radiological images

• naplesfan2010 says:

I was assuming the MRIs were of his spine.

I am sure the MRI encompasses brain and spine and yes no damage to the spine is good news but is not really diagnostic or relevant to the issue of the concussion

It is shit like Belicheat saying “well I have decided to hold players out even after they passed protocols”.

You might have asshole but that has no bearing on whether Mike McDaniel decision was correct or not. And these fuckers should stop implying wrongdoing.

Ken says:
    October 3, 2022 at 9:28 pm

If that’s true why does a player have to wait until the symptoms go away, why not just put them back in the game?

———————
    Protecting the players is not the real issue. Protecting the future of the sport is the real issue. More and more parents are not letting their children play football. There has been a 39% reduction in participation in youth football since 2008. The league has to create the illusion that they are protecting the players and making the game safer. If just agree to the above there will not be any good young players coming through the pipeline in a generation or 2.

According to the nfl there are less concussions than ever before based on reporting “only” 175 in 2021

Wtf 175 in one season
      They only play for five months of the year and 175 is on the low end

It’s a violent sport

Athletes know when that when they play

There’s only so much the nfl can do to make the game safer
      But being dishonest about the risk players take is the worst thing they can do

Yep, it’s a violent sport. The fact is players will get head injuries no matter what else is done. Lying about it isn’t the answer.

Then fewer people let their kids play. It’s not the end of the world. It just means colleges and the NFL have a smaller pool to choose from, not that there won’t be any good players in a generation. There are and will continue to be lots of kids that play football.

And if we, the consumers, are serious about player health, maybe that is the way it should be.

I posted an article a few days ago about the hypocritical morality ‘we’ the fans are displaying in this moment about Tua. The outrage is a way to assuage our own guilt at our own culpability in this whole thing.

The real answer is to acknowledge the sport is violent, players are going to be injured and may have long term effects. We accept that and try to put protocols in place to protect them as much as possible, and we have to accept it’ll change the sport. We’ve been on this path for awhile now.

The league is very worried about the reduction in youth participation. Not only will it reduce quality players coming out of youth football but there will be reduced interest in the game when those young kids become adults. This is one of the major motivations for the league in sponsoring the play60 program which is essentially an effort to get more kids playing football. The effects of the reduction won’t be immediately felt by the league but it can have significant financial implications 25+ years from now

Of course they are worried, and of course it will affect the future. It’s inevitable. And why is that? Because people are worried about the health of their kids.

You are saying the real issue isn’t player safety, it’s protecting the future of the sport. I am saying they are one and the same and the illusion of protecting players isn’t good enough- as we’ve just seen.

The league is step by step doing what they can to protect players because they are trying to protect the league’s future. It’s a slow process and the league has to lead us to acceptance by slowly changing things, otherwise it’ll be all about the ‘pussification’ of the game. And there will come a point where we have to accept that a certain level of injury cannot be removed from the game.

But they can’t admit for that very reason. There was a really good discussion on this very issue on ESPN radio that I was listening to on my way home. I think it was on Canty and Carlin

If you’re saying the league can’t admit there will always be a certain level of injury, I get they’ll never say that out loud. When I’m talking about acceptance, I’m talking about us, the consumer.

We can’t have our cake and eat it too. It’s easy to blame the league, blame the teams, blame the coaches. The fact is, this is inherently a violent sport, we need to accept that.

You can’t sit on high, with a analyst gig that football gave to you, and cast aspersions on the current crop of people that make a living playing or coaching football.

You can’t watch football every Sunday, then talk about how bad the Dolphins are for not sitting Tua after the Bills game.

I agree with you Cav. It’s my opinion the league will never admit that and there will be an element of mainstream consumers that will have a hard time admitting it as well. Especially considering the league to expand and include more women and international audiences. The old school guys like you and I recognize there will always be a level violence, injury and risk to the game. But let’s face it we are dinosaurs. Well your a giant hairy ape but…

LOL, dinosaurs, giant apes, potatoes, potahtoes.

I think we’re more in agreement than the course the conversation took would lead to believe, just slightly different angles on a similar take.

37. Wyoming85 says:

RIP

And the award for worst political campaign ad ever goes to….. it’s like a SNL skit.

And what’s wrong with that ad? At least they speak the truth, unlike 99% of all dem ads

The script, the acting. I am not even evaluating the content

You thought was good acting by the aging bikers? Was so bad it was funny.

Who cares what the acting is like? Always quick to crucify the messenger, instead of listening to the message.

Message is spot on, Whitmer is not a gov for the people, but for her party

Just like porn. Amateurs are fine so long as they are real amateurs but if they are not I expect a little production value

I promise to vote for Dixon if am able to in November. She seems an amazing candidate. Does that do it? Not exactly sure what you are looking for.

• bailbondmike says:

They are REAL people not paid actors. Guess you would rather hear from paid actors who lie for a check. Yeah, it is obviously scripted. If they were to really tell you in their own words, it wouldn’t be very nice and probably removed/banned from the internet.

40. Wyoming85 says:

ok

Ali had issues after he retired from boxing, as do Many MMA fighters, why does NFL pretend they’re different?

42. bailbondmike says:

Missed the convo last night but I mentioned the Brate incident Sunday night. Why is there no investigation going on in that case now 2 days later? They started the investigation right away in the Tua incident.
    ——————————
    bailbondmike says:
    October 2, 2022 at 10:38 pm
    Hmmmmm?

Bucs TE got dinged up. Came out of game and talked to team trainers and team doctor then went back in game. Didn’t get hit again but suddenly he is out for the game with a concussion even though they let him go back in the game.

steveccnv says:
    October 3, 2022 at 12:29 am
    We need an investigation

NFL quick to put out a CYA investigation, where’s the investigation on the sack?

Why is that a-hole allowed to rag doll Tua?

Not even a thought of a penalty

Players celebrating big hits, even when someone gets hurts is all the proof I need, that they intend to hurt the ball carrier

Take Holland punishing WRs just before they go out of bounds or tight roping the sideline, when an easy push would accomplish the same thing

People like the violence, NFL Allows it as long as no one bitches too loud

Players know the risk, it’s on them

• bailbondmike says:

People go to NASCAR races and get excited when there is a wreck. Once they see the driver(s) are OK. They are happy that guy is out of the race as long as it is not their guy.

“I think that there are certain times where you will have a large disparity between the type of offense you run from your starter to your backup. I don’t see this being one of them. I think Teddy does a lot of very good things at the quarterback position that are similar to Tua’s strengths, and he’s done a great job within the offense. So we’ll obviously cater to certain things specifically that Teddy prefers or is comfortable with, but for the most part, the aesthetic presentation should look very similar to what it looks like now.”

— McDaniel on Bridgewater.

This from the NY Post’s page six. Means not necessarily right, but a big step up from US magazine.
    ——————-

“Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen seem to be heading for the end zone: Both have retained divorce lawyers, multiple sources tell Page Six exclusively.

As previously revealed, the couple have been living separately for the past couple months following an epic fight — and they’re now apparently looking at dividing up their multimillion-dollar empire.”

What dumb wordplay- ‘heading for the endzone’ would be scoring and/ or a positive thing.

They should have said something like ‘game clock is winding down on Tom and Gisele’ or something that actually makes sense on both sides of the wordplay, not just cause it has the word ‘end’ in it.

Even trashy articles take no pride in their content anymore 😆

45. bailbondmike says:

Phelon, was going to overhaul my surf fishing gear but came across a deal I could not pass up. I got a Christensen Arms MPP with a folding SB and case and a Smith & Wesson MP-10 with Magpul Buttstock and case. Both are in .308, no optics but the MP-10 has iron sights. Got both for $2500 from someone who needed the money. That’s almost like buy one (MPP), get one free (MP-10). He had only taken them to the range twice and shot less than 40 rounds on each.

I have a 1×25 red dot sight stashed somewhere. I think it was a Burris and probably put that on the MPP. Not sure what I will get for the MP-10.

This is the MPP:

He also has a Kimber Rapide 1911 Stainless that is new in the case. Never shot. It’s nice! Wants $1200 for it. I already have a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry Stainless and don’t need this one. I may give him a week and see if I can get it for $1000.

• pheloniusphish says:

Nice and a great deal. You will probably need to Form 1 the MPP and make it an SBR. Easy to do and then you can do pretty much anything with it. I Did it for my Bren 2.

Currently waiting for the ATF to send my stamp for an Uzi that I bought.

Howie’s List
    🐬 @ 🛩

🦬 27-17 🐬

47. bailbondmike says:

Forgot to give out a big FU to the Rams this morning.

Our 1st round pick dropped from #8 to #20.

Quit jinxing us Stanger. lol

Howie’s List
    🐬 @ 🛩

🦬 27-17 🐬
    🐷35-3 🐬

49. bailbondmike says:

Was keeping an eye on CB Eli Ricks from Alabama but he can’t get healthy to get on the field. He’s another 6’2 rangy corner. He had 4 INT’s with 2 for pick six as a freshman at LSU then as a sophomore entered the transfer portal to go to Alabama.

Garrett Williams from Syracuse I like a lot. In just 2 seasons plus 5 games this year, he has 4 INT’s and 22 PD’s. A bigger number that stands out to me is he is a very good tackler with 114 SOLO tackles and 2 sacks.

M13 BALLHAWK ALERT:
    Emmanuel Forbes jumped on my radar this past weekend when he had 2 INT’s with 1 being a pick 6 in their upset win over Texas A&M. He has 11 INT’s in 2 seasons + 5 games WITH 4 INT’S FOR PICK 6.

Cam Smith from South Carolina is another on to keep an eye on.

So with Ricks and his injury bug, my top 5 CB’s are (only looking at potential boundary CB’s):

Kelee Ringo, UGA

Howie’s List
    🐬 @ 🛩

🦬 27-17 🐬
    🐷35-3 🐬
    🦍 27-19 🐬
    🌴16-13 🐬

Would love to see us play a dominant game on defense this week because we really haven’t had one. They’ve had some clutch moments but they’ve also been leaky.

54. Krishna says:

Ken, et al…when you set up the group food/prep chat for Fest, I will need/try to add my brother-in-law…I would be terrible as a middle man….lol…thanks for understanding.

Defense is starting slow, kind of like last year. Difference has been, there is an offense to keep them in the game this year.

Never too early

58. bailbondmike says:

You will probably need to Form 1 the MPP and make it an SBR.
    ————–
    Yes Phelon, Thanks! Plan to file it tomorrow or next day.

59. Krishna says:

MPPs….lol…I need something to take out my squirrels that keep ripping open my outdoor pillows for my swings and chairs….fuck them…lol

He hit 62
    He hit 62
    He hit 62

bailbondmike says:
    October 4, 2022 at 5:36 pm

M13 BALLHAWK ALERT:
    Emmanuel Forbes jumped on my radar this past weekend when he had 2 INT’s with 1 being a pick 6 in their upset win over Texas A&M. He has 11 INT’s in 2 seasons + 5 games WITH 4 INT’S FOR PICK 6…
    ————–
    THANK YOU! He’s now joined my list, thanks to you, man. Those are incredible stats right there.

Regarding Jason Whitlock’s opinion above, WHAT IF?

Tua is my QB and my QB is Tua… LUV that cat! But what happens if Tua gets funked up yet again upon his return? He’s been (sometimes seriously) injured each and every season dating back to his days at Tuscaloosa… not just his senior year, either.

I think Whitlock went WAY too far with the “Glass Joe” comparison and the “retire” comment is far too early, IMO. We’ll see what happens.

I’ve said it on here many, many times before… including before we actually drafted Tua and even after last season when most talking heads said that Tua sucks: my only concern is his health/availability. Yes, I would have drafted Tua, just as our Phins had done. However, his long-term future in the NFL is in question now.

Don’t hate the messenger (Whitlock… though he was VERY harsh), hate the game.

What he’s suggesting regarding concussions and injury prone players doesn’t make sense

Whitlock is a shitbag who says things for clicks

Players aren’t more prone to concussions bc of their size
      Everyone’s brain is vulnerable inside of their skull
      It doesn’t matter if it’s Andre the Giant or Emanuel Lewis
      If the brain rattles inside a skull, it’s going to cause damage

If we were talking about other types of injuries – it makes sense to call some one injury prone

But concussions are just a matter of head trauma

Congrats to Judge and his new legitimate HR record. I hope he scores the triple crown too to finish off an amazing season.

JUST playing devil’s advocate, nothing more… 😉

Has Barry Bonds ever tested positive for PEDs?

Ah, nevermind. Just Googled it and found that he supposedly had.

Keyword is supposedly.

Mark Mcguire never tested positive either. A lot of the guys from that era didn’t test positive. Some came clean about using, other haven’t or try to dissemble.

Bonds used substances that were later found to be part of the steroid regimen- the cream and the clear, but he wasn’t aware they were steroids. So he’s basically admitted to taking steroids, he just didn’t know 🙄

“The San Francisco Chronicle reports Bonds admitted receiving “cream” and “clear” substances from his personal trainer during the 2003 baseball season, but denied he knew they were steroids during his testimony Dec. 4, 2003, to a federal grand jury.”

I’ve not studied this case since just after. It was BALCO, correct, who supplied Barry Bonds with ‘the cream’?

Just clicked on your link… YUP! My memory serves correct on BALCO! Yay! LOL

CavKong,

We’re 40-somethings, Brother. It KILLS me to realize that our baseball heroes of yesterday were juiced up, man. SMH

Not all of them, but a great many of them.

Mark Mcguire is one of my all-time favorite Cardinals. I remember watching every game the last two months of the season the year he and Sosa were chasing and broke the record. They were neck and neck until the end. It was awesome and still one of my favorite baseball experiences.

I was disappointed when all the steroid stuff started coming out and tarnishing all that. And of course Sosa had his whole corked bat that broke in the middle of a game a few years after that HR title chase.

But honestly, it doesn’t really bother me that much. Most people agree that those records just don’t mean much and that era is tainted. I’ve got it pretty figured in my own head, like with Judge tonight. I love it. For me Maris’ record was just broken for real, so I basically got to experience that twice.

I still love Mcguire. I still think Bonds during his big HR season and a season or two on each side was still the most perfect hitter I’ve ever watched behind the plate (it’s what is so sad about his steroid use, because his ability to hit had nothing to do with that). I still don’t like Sosa, lol. I’ve made peace with it.

I pretty much feel the same way. That HR chase in ’98 was… magical. Always loved Barry ‘U.S.’ Bonds as a Pittsburgh Pirate and he was pure as pure could be without the juice. However, Bonds had me glued to the TV just as the ’98 HR chase between Big Mac and Sosa.

Just kinda sucks to know that that era was tainted, ya know?

Aaron Judge tribute song… ODB predicted it (LOL) back in the early 2000s

“Nominated at awards” (Bonds and Big Mac back in the day). But HERE COMES THE (AARON) JUDGE!!! 😀

Krishna – When we get to the Fest, ask me how to make a squirrel stick.

Phelon,

Very honest question for you, sir. Are you at all concerned about the Nord Stream ‘bombings’ and the potential repercussions if we’re implicated?

In MLB we have perception over stats. 73 HR is the record because the games counted. You can’t discount it if the season was valid.

Interesting take… and I’m not against what you’re sayin’.

I personally think Judge did it authentically. But did the 2001 season not count? What about every season along the way? Barry Bonds has 762 career HRs.

I feel the same way about Albert Pujols… that he did it authentically.

And I hear ya about every season along the way. Rule changes will affect the output (look at the height of the pitcher’s mound along the way, too).

We’re entirely capable of adding the context of generally accepted knowledge. I’ve never heard anyone say that the record books don’t actually show 73 because everybody knows what the record book says. Fans as a group can choose to believe it’s tainted and in most conversation, it’ll be acknowledged or written with asterisks.

Most of those players have HOF resumes and haven’t been admitted to the HOF because it’s accepted they cheated. McGuire literally admitted to using during his HR chase season, his numbers still stand.

So to disregard that context and say, well you can’t discount it, the season was valid, I am not even sure what point you are trying to make… Do you believe those that disregard those records don’t know it’s in the record books? And why aren’t we allowed to discount it?

I’ll cite one reason (albeit flawed): equal playing field. Meaning most (not all) were juicing during that period of time… even the pitchers.

It’s really hard to outright omit or to outright submit to the plague of that era. I hear what Tim’s sayin’, and I hear what you’re sayin’.

I dunno, y’all.

The whole era is tainted. But for baseball, the steroid use was especially significant in regards to one of MLB’s more sacred records.

The HR record stands for nearly 4 decades, then over a four year period gets smashed 6 different times, then isn’t broken again for 2 more decades. And the participants were all either caught or admitted to cheating.

It’s a joke, and that context should always be a part of the conversation when the record is being discussed.

Kong, I think I made it pretty clear. MLB records are tainted. But we have to accept it.

G’night, y’all! Be well.

In lighter news, I’m looking forward to the NBA season for many reasons but this is probably #1

72. Krishna says:

Miami Dolphins staff: F

USA Today: NFL Week 4 coaching grades…..lmfao

The inuendos and snarky comments don’t surprise me…the level of intelligence is a big 0, as in asshole…shit just keeps coming out….lol

73. Krishna says:

It figures…Tom D’Angelo, The Palm Beach Pist, has “commentary” trashing MM and putting him in the same category as Flores, Gase, and Philbin with dark clouds….

Why would you expect anything different in South Florida from those reporters….same old Dolphin trash talk…lol

74. Krishna says:

Found Piggy’s long lost cousins, the organizers of the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati…6-year-old Ranier Crawford just ran it with his family, and the world lost their shit….lol

75. uwantwat says:

I hate your MSM.

In my mind, all those HR’s by McGwire, Sosa and Bonds don’t even count. Sure, they’re in the record books, but in my head they mean nothing. All Hail the Judge!

Are any of you guys planning on going to the metlife takeover this weekend?

Stats are never fair, not sure why so many, especially baseball fans, hold them so sacredly

When I was a kid I was an Orioles fan, because they had spring training in Miami, when someone hit an HR in the 70s it meant something, today it’s watered down

Nothing like the playoffs in 70s, getting out of school and the first game would already have started

They didn’t score many runs, but when they did it meant something, every stolen base was important

In ’79 I was at all the Pirates home post season games, froze my ass off, that was great and exciting baseball

2 years ago, when my Dodgers were in the WS, followed the score, but didn’t watch more than a couple of innings, too slow, too boring…

I really struggle to watch live games now, it’s part of the reason I get into the things like Judge this year or the Cards winning streak last year; I enjoy following those more than watching the actual sport.

I watch gameday online more often than I watch the games themselves because I can have that on in the background and check in on it with a glance while watching or doing something else.

Keep it up Betty!

In two career games against the Jets, Bridgewater is 2-0. In those games, he’s totaled 544 yards with a pair of touchdowns, a passer rating of 111.4 and a 73.1% completion percentage.

He has his highest yards per attempt (10.46) and adjusted yards per attempt (10.37) marks in his career against the Jets.

Last season, Bridgewater led the Denver Broncos to a shutout win over the Jets, 26-0. He completed 19 of his 25 passes for 235 yards for a 104.6 passer rating. He also rushed four times for 24 yards.

In 2021, Bridgewater started 14 games for the Broncos, completing 285-of-426 passes (66.9%) for 3,052 yards and 18 touchdowns. His 94.9 passer rating was 12th in the NFL last season.

I am just soooo not used to us being favorites. We are 3.5 favorites this weekend. That is basically a TD when you figure in the home field.

I really can’t stand Baseball. Have never liked watching it. To each his own, but not interested at all.

Is Jones playing this week? All the BS coverage solely on concussions and how shit out coaches are and how they should be ashamed (FUCK YOU) noone is talking about anything else it seems.

I’ve honestly stopped looking for Dolphins news because it’s all people crapping on our team. I’ve been wondering about Jones myself. I figured they would have been required to designate him by now, but apparently not.

As far as I know, he hasn’t been practicing so I guess we can rule him out for this weekend

Well F*ck

I hope X doesn’t “try”

Do or do not there is no “try”

I know the Jets have some pretty good WR’s. I just hope Darth Kader and Needham can hold down the fort!

Sit X and let his soft tissues heal!

Tua suffering from FOMO

I had to look FOMO up. I guess in old, lol.

86. Wyoming85 says:

Why are you posting pics of Altuve and his “bitch”???? 😉

Fear Of Missing Out

89. Wyoming85 says:

HC Mike McDaniel Wednesday October 5 media availability thread
    9:49 AM · Oct 5, 2022

@WingfieldNFL
    Coach says Xavien Howard is day-to-day and he will do everything in his power to play against the Jets.

Byron Jones will NOT be activated this week. Coach says there’s no setbacks so it could change any time day-by-day, week-by-week.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    50m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach on if optics fuel decisions: The second I start doing things because I think it’s an answer that somebody else wants, to me that’s when I’m failing at my job. My job starts and ends with what’s best for the individuals and the team.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    1h
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach on how fortunate he feels to have Teddy Bridgewater: It’s everything. That’s why you go out in FA and spend a nice little chunk of the salary cap on a guy that on paper isn’t supposed to play. Says the QB’s job is to make his teammates better and Teddy does that.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    58m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach says the Cincinnati tape showed, at times, guys trying too hard to make a play and that was a bit of a lesson to the guys to recognize it’s a team effort

With the 4 week IR, I figured after 4 weeks you would have to designate the player to something else, but it looks like they become eligible to return after four weeks, but even though eligible maybe they can stay on IR until they are ready?

Bob Marley’s granddaughter, Selah, on the response to her wearing Ye’s “White
    Lives Matter’ t-shirt.

THE PAST 24 HOURS HAS ALLOWED ME TO
    REALIZE THAT MOST OF YALL ARE STUCK
    IN A HIVE MIND MENTALITY. YOU DO WHAT
    THE GROUP TELLS YOU TO DO & THINK
    WHAT THE GROUP TELLS YOU TO THINK.
    WITNESSING SOMEONE BREAK FREE
    FROM “THE AGENDA” SENDS YOU ALL
    INTO SUCH A PANIC THAT YOU WILL DO
    WHATEVER IT TAKES TO FORCE THEM
    BACK INTO THE BOX THAT YOU FEEL THEY
    SHOULD EXIST IN. ALL MORALE &
    EMPATHY IS ELIMINATED DUE TO THE
    FACT THAT YOU FEEL JUSTIFIED BY YOUR
    EMOTIONS. THE VICTIM BECOMES THE
    VICTIMIZER. YOU CAN NOT BULLY ME,
    MANIPULATE ME, OR COAX ME INTO
    SILENCE, NOR WILL YOU BULLY ME INTO
    BEING WHO YOU WANT ME TO BE I DON’T
    CARE HOW MANY TWEETS YOU MAKE,
    MS YOU SEND, OR ARTICLES YOU WRITE.
    THROUGHOUT ALL OF THE CHAOS, I HAVE
    YET TO SPEAK ON MY EXPERIENCE. IF YOU
    KNOW ME. YOU KNOW THAT NOTHING I DO
    IS WITHOUT DEEP THOUGHT & INTENTION.
    WAIT TIL YOU HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

How can a professional writer speculate like this?

He can’t fathom that the team rules him out early in the week regardless of whether he passes concussion protocol so they can get ready to play with Bridgewater?

Is that really strange to you guys? Do we have to infer something nefarious?

93. Wyoming85 says:

ok

Howard still has that groin thing

Seems like armstead has missed a lot of practices this year but then starts the game

I wonder if he is going to have to get surgery on that “toe injury” before the end or after the season.

So all the doormen and the maintenance staff of tHe building I live in are jests fans

And they all know I’m a Dolphins Fan

So we better not lose or else I have to be ashamed in my own home…

In other weird news, Cole Beasley retired after signing with the Bucs like two weeks ago.

He retired to try and induce Tua to retire.

If I see one more headline that says ‘such and such says Tua should retire right now’, I’m going to…well I guess I’m going to move on to the next headline, but it’ll be with heavy exasperation in my expression! lol

• manitobafinfan says:

Or send a strongly worded email reply 🤡👍

For the Tua should retire post

They think they know best, let the man make his own decisions

The pussification continues, he’s a big boy, he knows the risks

It’s completely disrespectful for people to claim Tua should retire

That decision is his decision – no one else’s

He has a really good family and support around him. He has team doctors and can afford personal doctors too. He knows more about what’s right for himself and his body than anyone else. He also understands as much about risks he is taking as anyone else.

Bills WR on the hardest he’s ever been hit (last game against the Ravens)

“I think that was my hardest hit I’ve ever gotten. That was the hardest one. Because I couldn’t move. So that has to be the hardest one,” McKenzie said.

The hit came as Ravens cornerback Brandon Stephens was dragging McKenzie to the ground, and Ravens safety Chuck Clark came in and delivered a brutal shot to McKenzie’s head. But as bad as it looked, McKenzie shrugged off any suggestion that he should be fearful about head injuries.

“It comes with the territory,” McKenzie said. “We choose to play this sport and we know it’s a brutal sport. That’s what happens, and you’ve got to be fine with it. You’ve got to be fine with getting hurt, you’ve got to be fine with getting a concussion, you’ve got to be fine with everything that comes with it. That’s why you sign the contract. So I was fine with it.”
    ————————–

(Does Tua actually have to come out and say the same thing in the face of all this nonsense? Or can we just infer that most players know and accept the effing risks of playing this sport?)