GAMEDAY!!! Texans @ Dolphins

949 Responses to GAMEDAY!!! Texans @ Dolphins

1. thyknight says:

Wow this is a great blog! LOL

Did anyone post this?

3. naplesfan2010 says:

At halftime we had more points than Houston had yards.

4. naplesfan2010 says:

At halftime our game had more points than any other game, but Houston had none.

7. boulderfinfan says:

Brady’s face during his pressers is one of the best things going this year in the NFL. Looking at that depressed mug 🙂

8. boulderfinfan says:

Does anyone care about tonight’s game?

11. Thy Knight says:

5 in a row, that’s good stuff! 🙂

12. Thy Knight says:

The OL is being challenged with injuries. Coaches have to adjust to that.

Is the One sided helmet new for the Colts ?? I dont recall seeing it ever before

If that’s you, it will take time to adjust but funny. If not, welcome!

15. Wyoming85 says:

Howie’s List

Week 13: 🐬 @ ⛏

🐷 28-10 🐬
    🌴 16-13 🐬
    🗿23-20 ⛏ 😭

That’s if things go well. If our D let’s things get out of hand it may be 38-13 with the left side of our line being backups and the RT being up in the air. I am not feeling confident about this week’s game.

I would love for MM to kick the doors in so-to-speak when he goes back to face his old team, but I don’t think we match up well, especially with the injuries the way they are.

On Monday, head coach Kyle Shanahan confirmed his initial injury report on running back Elijah Mitchell. The sophomore back did in fact suffer another MCL sprain against the Saints. It is not a continuation of his MCL sprain from Week 1.

Rookie guard Spencer Burford suffered an ankle injury in the second half of Sunday’s contest. Per Shanahan, he hopes to have his offensive lineman back sometime this week.

Running back Christian McCaffrey developed a knee irritation during the game which the head coach says will be managed throughout the week.

Wide receiver Deebo Samuel sustained a knee contusion on Sunday but was not named on Monday’s list of injuries.

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who took a big hit on a second half snap that resulted in a roughing the passer penalty on New Orleans, also managed to stay off the 49ers injury list.

As for defensive lineman Arik Armstead, who is still working his way back from separate foot and ankle injuries, the plan is for him to return to practice on Wednesday. Friday was his first workout back since the team’s Week 4 contest versus the Los Angeles Rams.

They have guys nicked up too, but looks like there’s will play

Think it would be more likely we loose the next 3, than win 1 or more

Armstead is such a big part of what we do, not having him is worse than Hill being out

19. ukfinfan says:

There’s no doubt about it, we are getting more pressure on opposing QBs at the right time. Let’s hope it continues

20. naplesfan2010 says:

We’ll need to play our best game of the year and
    get a turnover by the Defense to win this one.

Hard to predict because of the effect of McDaniel’s prior relationships there.

I think it will favor us, since they are still them, same HC and most of the same players, whereas McDaniel has adapted that system to fit Tua and Hill, which means their coaches don’t know our system and personnel as well as we know theirs.

I hope that gives us some small advantage.

Their TEs will probably beat us.

Howie’s List

Week 13: 🐬 @ ⛏

🐷 28-10 🐬
    🌴 16-13 🐬
    🗿 23-20 ⛏ 😭
    🦍 24-23 🐬

SBJ you lot are conditioned to pessimism!

Howie’s List

Week 13: 🐬 @ ⛏

🐷 28-10 🐬
    🌴 16-13 🐬
    🗿 23-20 ⛏ 😭
    🦍 24-23 🐬
    🐟🐠🐡 35-10 🐬

Love the confidence from the two guys who just came from there….

From John Breech at CBS

Dolphins (+3.5) at 49ers (4:05 p.m. ET, Fox): Mike McDaniel spent five years with the 49ers before being hired as the Dolphins coach and you can tell, because he’s essentially built the Dolphins to be the AFC version of the 49ers. The 49ers have struggled against good teams this year and the Dolphins are a good team. PICK: Dolphins 27-24 over 49ers.

Also from Breech at CBS

Miami (8-3) at San Francisco (7-4)
    4:05 p.m ET (Fox)

I have to say, whoever is in charge of flexing Sunday night games this year fell asleep at the wheel this week because there are about eight better games than the one we’re getting, which is Colts at Cowboys. If it had been up to me, this game would have been my first choice

This game is fascinating on multiple levels and one reason for that is because the Dolphins are coached by Mike McDaniel, who spent five seasons with the 49ers (2017-21) before being hired by Miami in January. Since being hired, McDaniel has basically done everything in his power to turn the Dolphins into the AFC version of the 49ers.

Get a QB who gets no respect even though all they do is win? Check.
    Get a dynamic receiver who can also run the ball? Check.
    Get a running back or two who can line up anywhere? Check.
    The best part about that last thing is that McDaniel literally stole his running backs from the 49ers. Raheem Mostert spent five seasons in San Francisco before signing with the Dolphins prior to the 2022 season. Miami also acquired Jeff Wilson from the 49ers just before the trade deadline this year.

These two teams are so alike that we should probably just go ahead and stop using the Spiderman meme because it will never apply to anything more than it does to this game.

I bet Mike McDaniel and Kyle Shanahan are under those masks.

If there’s one advantage the 49ers have in this game, it’s that they have one of the best defenses in the NFL. However, I’m not fully sure what to make of that, because one reason their defensive numbers are so good is because they’ve played some of the worst teams in the NFL. Yes, you have to play who’s on your schedule, but beating up on bad teams doesn’t tell me anything about you.

Through 12 weeks, the 49ers have had the easiest strength of schedule in the NFL. Their opponents have a combined winning percentage of just .397, which is crazy when you consider that no other NFL team is even at .420 (The Dolphins’ strength of schedule through 12 weeks has been .496).

The 49ers have played four teams this year that currently have five wins or more and they’re 2-2 in those games. I think what I’m trying to say here is that I’m going to need proof that the 49ers can beat good teams before I start picking them to beat good teams.

The pick: Dolphins 27-24 over 49ers.

I read that article earlier today.
      This part cracked me up:

…turn the Dolphins into the AFC version of the 49ers.

Get a QB who gets no respect even though all they do is win? Check.
      Get a dynamic receiver who can also run the ball? Check.
      Get a running back or two who can line up anywhere? Check.
      ———-

So true 🤣

Some equal time for the defense

• naplesfan2010 says:

Wilkins is also 4th in the league in tackles by a DL with 31.
      Sieler is tied for 13th at 24.

There are over 130 DL in the rankings.

“Pro Football Focus’ five highest-rated Dolphins on offense Sunday: River Cracraft, Tyreek Hill, Tua Tagovailoa, Terron Armstead and Connor Williams.

PFF’s five highest-rated Dolphins on defense on Sunday: Jerome Baker, Christian Wilkins, Raekwon Davis, Xavien Howard and McKinley.”

I just had a wonderful conversation with my Pets fan work buddy. He is dejected about playing the Bills this Thursday and doesn’t think they have a chance. He is also dejected his team still has to face them again and still has us on the schedule.

“Even when you guys suck, you always give us a hard time, now that you’re a good team- forget about it”

OH, and he complained about the refs favoring Minny in their game last week. As NJ Phin Fan used to say- BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Glorious!!! LOL

HAHAHAHAHA

30. Rhino says:

watching US vs Iran. Has the feel of the old US vs Soviets in anything lol.

Problem with soccer injuries, most of them are fake so it’s hard to know whether a ‘star player’ will miss the rest of the game.

USA USA USA

It’s only soccer 😉

Glad we won — but hard not to like the Iranian team. Given the turmoil and protests back home, the players did not sing their anthem in the first match. Then Goon Squad Iran stepped in. Since a lot of them play in other countries the pitch was “do that again and your families will suffer.” They sang for the 2nd game but only clearly begrudgingly.

Piggy the Iranians don’t eat pork

This why I ask why everyone is so high on the 49’ers…They haven’t played anyone…softest strength of schedule in the league. When they did play a good team – KC – they were blown out 44-22. And they have lost to the likes of Houston, Denver, and Atlanta. The talking heads can slobber over them all they want. Same guys who said Tua was a bust.

US wins — here’s the only 20 seconds you need. The dude did give it up on the play like a WR….. was out the whole 2nd half because of it.

“There is no room in the Republican Party for antisemitism or white supremacy and anyone meeting with people advocating that point of view, in my judgment, is highly unlikely to ever be elected president of the United States.”

— Mitch McConnell

For Cav Kong:

Man can’t even enjoy a bath without somebody watching and filming his dance routine, lol.

🎵And he’s dancing like he’s never danced before🎵
      🎶He’s a maniac! Maniac!!🎶

November 29, 2022 at 5:20 pm

— Mitch McConnell
    ————-
    LMMFAOROTF!!! 😆

He sounds just like Nancy, afraid to lose power over the duopoly (monopoly) forever. His actions speak louder than his words, and he’s a hypocrite.

Stanger, this Turtle only supported GOPers (RINOs) who would vote for HIM, not for the Constitution he supposedly represents. There is no room in the Republican Party for the likes of Mitch McConnell — and his antisemitism/white supremacy — EVER again.

Sucks that you may have been hacked and I’d noticed you missing for several days… figured you were with family enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I was missing for several days due to being sick: confirmed today I’ve got strep throat. I should have gone to the doc yesterday, but yeah, I’ve had it for the better part of a week.

Also noticed that our guy down under uwantwat has been sick. Hope he’s doing better.

Omar Kelly picks Jalen Hurts over Tua for MVP

“Tua probably gotta finish with 13 wins to even make himself a serious candidate”

November 29, 2022 at 8:05 pm
    I think it goes way beyond turtle. The GOP’s anti abortion stance blew right back in their face.
    —————-
    Interesting take, and I respect that, Mike E. Now then… who the fuck leaked it to the media?

It was the first time in the long history of the SCOTUS that something got leaked, and thus pushed up. S/he (the leaker) has yet to be identified, and it REEKS of BS, my Brother.

This should be one of the very first acts (of MANY!) in the House once under Rep control: who dunnit? My fingers point to Justice Roberts and the Turtle, but that’s JMO.

Leaked what M? The conservatives on the SCOTUS overturned Roe v Wade. Once that happened, the Democrats just ran with the agenda that all GOP candidates were also anti abortion (many are, some aren’t) and just like the GOP tried to make the Dems look weak on crime, they preyed on women’s rights and the GOP’s desire to strip women of their rights and ban abortion. SCOTUS started the whole thing rolling an enabled the left to use it as a scare tactic. It worked!

SCOTUS had a ‘leaker’, who put the agenda on the table and essentially on the ballot in an election year.

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying, but for the LEAK that forced the hand of SCOTUS prematurely regarding Roe. That leaker could ‘potentially’ get the death sentence for treachery, but we know that won’t ever happen.

I just so happen to believe the LEAK came from the right side of the aisle… makes sense.

That sucks. I didn’t want to wait until 4:05. Now I have to wait until 8:25. I like my games om Sunday, at 1pm.

44. randydolfan1947 says:

JUST GOT an early Christmas gift from Mrs. OD: AN OFFICIAL Tua Tagoviola jersey from NFL.COM. –They were selling them for one day only for $97!! It’s white with teal letters. I’ll wear it during the Fins @ ’49ers game as we watch it on TV.

HOWIE’s List; 23-20, Mia
    SANDERS (of all people!) kicks a 54 yarder at the buzzer to pull off the UPSET this Sunday @ Levy’s Stadium!!!

MY THANKS to whoever can get my pick on Howie’s List.
    ———————
    Lightning and Bruins tied 1-1 going into the 3rd period at the TD Garden in BAWSTUN! — The Bruins are a perfect 12-0 at home this season!! Currently the Bolts are 13-7-1 while the Bruins are a gawdy 18-3-0.

Howie’s List

🌴 16-13 🐬
    🗿 23-20 ⛏ 😭
    🦍 24-23 🐬
    🐟🐠🐡 35-10 🐬
    👴23-20🐬
    🦬 27-20 🐬

Well I guess it will leave us enough time to get back to hotel , pack, possibly eat, and to the airport for 06:00 am 🤔🤷‍♂️

Quite confident (if no more injuries) we beat the Chargers.. slightly less confident we beat the 9ers.. but not feeling doomed..

Last time we went to Candlestick Kaepernixk beat Tannehill, and since then the colors on our Xmas tree have been Red and Gold.. here’s hoping we have to go shopping for Orange and Aqua decorations on our return 😊

Love what it means for our franchise that our game got flexed. And hopefully this means the Bills game doesn’t get flexed to the evening game the following week. It’ll be a few degrees warmer if it remains a day game.

Howie’s List

Week 13: 🐬 @ ⛏

🐷 28-10 🐬
    🌴 16-13 🐬
    🗿 23-20 ⛏ 😭
    🦍 24-23 🐬
    🐟🐠🐡 35-10 🐬
    👴23-20🐬
    🦬 27-20 🐬
    🇨🇦❤️ 48-17 🐬
    🇨🇦 🧠 24-21 🐬

OD : Jets are taking it to the Defending Champs .. up 4-0 2mins into 3rd.. as I type we take a penalty 🙄

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but Von miller said on his podcast that OBJ is visiting Buffalo on Friday. That would suck.

53. ukfinfan says:

Memo to NFL re flexing:

Roger, please leave scheduling alone and stick to 1pm games for the fins, when it’s warmer for the team and better for UK to watch. A 4:25pm Sunday game doesn’t finish til half past midnight here, which is bad enough already with school the next day, but starting games at 1:20am local time is just plain idiotic. If you move the Buffalo game to Saturday I will personally get on a plane to the US, hunt you down and fecking kill you (in best Liam Neeson voice) cos I’m out with my g/f and her fam for a surprise party that night so I won’t even get to see the game. Just leave the feck alone.
    Thanks
    UK

I would be surprised if we are flexed Sundays in a row

55. Krishna says:

While I think the next 3 games on the road are critical to our playoff hopes and position, I don’t seem doom or gloom over the loss of Armstead.

The “disaster” on offense after Armstead left the game was on MM and he took 100% responsibility….

He indicated he was too aggressive in his play calling, didn’t course correct as the OL talent level dictated/declined, and was in a first time experience of having a 30 point lead at halftime.

Our D seemed better all around, but it was the Texans, so there’s that. Our young pups are biting, our free agents are paying dividends, and we seem (hopefully) to be gaining momentum on the D side of the ball.

Scheme and play calling should neutralize the dreaded SF D, in my opinion. I believe MM knows his opponent better than his opponent knows the MM Dolphins.

MM taking the blame means nothing to me, Armstead is very important to the running game too, without him we may be too 1-dimensional

• Krishna says:

Lol…I know it doesn’t mean anything to you and I disagree….lol

He’s just taking the heat off of his players, but the fact remains, we aren’t nearly as good without Armstead

MM can’t just say the O sucked in 2nd half because of his play calling, then going forward all is well, because he’ll call better plays with better blocking schemes

• Krishna says:

As he should…he’s the coach calling the plays….lol. He knows or should know his players, preparedness, and what’s best for the team. And, he admitted he fucked up. Did you see the game? I agree he fucked up…lol

56. bailbondmike says:

Don’t think anyone posted this yet.

LOL

We are getting 3 prime time games in a row after the 49ers game

So I guess this weekend is the last weekend for slatterys for a few weeks

Anyone up for meeting me at slatterys for the Game this weekend – don’t know if it helps that is a 4pm game

Two in a row. MAYBE. Next week got flexed. The Bills game is still TBD and the Packers the week after is a 1pm game.

I guess the packers game isn’t prime time but it’s National tv on a national holiday so I’m getting that game on tv in nyc

More verification of the disfunction during the Flores years.

“At the time I thought that was the best decision for me,” Lawson said. “Looking back…I’d probably say that’s probably the worst decision I made.”

“It was a humbling two years,” Lawson continued. “This year I consider a humbling year for me trying to get my career back. …If you would have seen me [in Miami then New York] you’d be like ‘This is Shaq?’ I’m quiet. I’m not talking. I’m just strictly about ball. Not joking and things like that. And that’s not me. I like to have fun, like to joke. I still take the game serious, but me I got to be interacting and cracking jokes. So that was my biggest part. I couldn’t be myself.”

How screwed are the Broncos with that Russell Wilson contract? He’s a 107 mil dead cap hit in 2023 and an 85 mil dead cap hit in 2024, so…good luck Broncos LOL

I think Flores is secretly coaching in Denver, seriously though their coach is as bad as it gets, he’ll be fired at EOS and they’ll hire a real HC

Surely Wilson didn’t fall off a cliff this fast, what did happen was his lack of accuracy got exposed in a dysfunctional O

Actually not jests, giants or patriots at 4pm – we might get the at game locally in nyc too!

Weeeeeeeeeee

63. ukfinfan says:

Saw a report about the Bills game being flexed to Saturday. There are no games slated for that day, so that may not even be a possibility?

64. Wyoming85 says:

WOHOOOOO!

65. Wyoming85 says:

There’s the answer

The scheduling for the SF and Chargers games didn’t come back to back by chance, it was requested, with the decision to stay out here as the reason

66. boulderfinfan says:

BBM,
    Thanks for posting the video. I like the part where MM says to Tua “that was sick. That was sick. Sick as in good” lol

67. Wyoming85 says:

HC Mike McDaniel Wednesday November 30 media availability thread
    10:46 AM · Nov 30, 2022

@WingfieldNFL
    Coach says if Armstead is able to play he will. Says he does not expect Austin Jackson to play Sunday.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    15m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Cool answer about Waddle’s reception of the Tyreek Hill acquisition and the target sacrifice that comes with that.

“It’s very transparent that he’s a team-oriented guy that wants to make plays for the right reasons, which is: he really thrives in making plays for his teammates.”
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    26m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    On Mostert’s availability: I think he could’ve played (vs. Houston) and if we had adhered to his hopes and desires he might’ve played last week. It was too risky to what he means to the team. He should be ready to go this week.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    32m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    No surgery for Armstead, Coach says. “I guess you’d say it’s game-to-game…I can tell by his spirit that he thinks there’s a legitimate chance not to count him out (for Sunday) for sure.”

68. ukfinfan says:

Jedi vs Padawan

69. ukfinfan says:

Tough next round for team USA – Holland have a lot of ability. Not impossible, but ……
    Hope Pulisic is back for you – he’s a handful.
    Greizmann (France) rocking the 🐧 below in Qatar. The world gets smaller by the day

Hulk surrender name to Armstead

Looking like Mostert is a go for Sunday.

These flexes are great for TV viewing (for most), but a pain if you want to travel to attend a game. I have tickets to the MIA-NYJ week 18 game, but won’t know what day it is until the week before. Had to make hotel reservations for four days and then will have to cancel two when I get the game date.

I was about to post the armstead news but I see some one beat me to it

Woohoooooo

Here’s a 🍻 anyway ….why not

I’m actually expected to be in So Fla for Xmas

Is anyone considering going to the Xmas game v Green Bay?

McDaniel is the anti- belicheat

Is it Sunday yet?

Pretty awesome

81. Wyoming85 says:

From the article:

Dolphins-Chargers was not the first choice of NBC for the broadcast, according to a report. Instead, the company was looking to add the Buffalo Bills at New York Jets game in the primetime position, according to SNY TV’s Connor Hughes.

The Dolphins-Chargers game was ultimately moved because CBS blocked the Bills-Jets matchup, preferring to keep the AFC East division showdown on their broadcast schedule.
    —————-

SMH at that NE bias. Dolphins/ Chargers- Tua/ Herbert is easily the more exciting game. I wish we could decline and leave those assholes with Chiefs/ Broncos.

RIP — Christine McVie

85. bailbondmike says:

I am glad Jackson won’t be starting at RT. I said yesterday he was terrible on Sunday in pass protection. That video Cav put earlier was a perfect example on the second play he showed.

RIP Christine

Suck on that, haters

Our game on Christmas against the Packers is a National game as it’s one of only 3 games that day even though it’s Sunday. The rest of the league plays Saturday. It’s like Thanksgiving only without the Lions.

89. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, was going to go to Packers game but wife wants to go to the Keys again for our anniversary on 11 January. Going to try and fit in the Jets game now during our 10 day trip.

Buffalo bills pressures this season
    Von Miller 38
    Greg Rousseau 12
    Ed Oliver 12

Von Miller out indefinitely
    👏👏👏👏👏👏

91. boulderfinfan says:

Interesting stat. The dolphins have scored on 52% of their drives this month. Which is the best in the league.

I love the NFL Monday night football commercial that makes fun of Mike Gesicki’s griddy attempt

My favorite Tua stat:

Win 71.8%

I know, win loss is not a quarterback stat….

I will happily disagree. Lol

95. Krishna says:

Sorry if this had been put out….and it’s almost 24 minutes of MM presser today…