Ahhh, the Super Bowl is here…and guess what that means…

It means you get to watch the sport you love, with people that know nothing about it!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Here’s what I am talking about:

ONE: “The Commercials Are the Best Part”

I’ll start off with one of my pet peeves that is always said at every super Bowl party I have ever attended.  “The commercials are the best part”.  I hate when people say that.

Mean Joe GreeneOkay, I get it, you don’t like football…and they pour a ton of money into those commercials.  And some times they are quite memorable.

But I promise you, 115 Million people don’t watch to watch commercials.  In fact, if you know anything about commercials, you see a common pattern – they are placed between things that people are already watching.  Because no one plans to watch commercials.

Coincidentally, this is the same person who can’t wait until the halftime show.

TWO:  “They should just let Cam play guy”

This one is not an annual event.  But I know its coming this year.  And I’m gonna want to punch some one.

Okay, I’m a Cam Newton fan.  I love that he is finally getting some praise that was long overdue.  And I enjoy the racial implications that people are discussing even though its a hot button issue.

But all week I’ve heard the talking heads say this line – “They should just let Cam play”.  “Its great to see some one having fun right?” “I don’t know why people criticize him all the time.”

Do you know who was criticizing him?  THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE!Can Newton Dab

This is a artificial controversy created by the media.  Cam Newton dabbing was only a big deal to talking heads on ESPN.  And the counterpoint is that we should just let him play

But only psychopaths have arguments with themselves.

Except for ESPN, they are fine with it as long as it is spaced apart so you don’t remember it.

And if you find yourself repeating this line on Super Bowl Sunday, you are not a enlightened fan.  You are a sucker for believing there was ever a controversy.

THREE: The girl who insists you teach her about football NOW!

Oh look some one brought their girlfriend who doesn’t know a thing about football.  In fact she thinks she can learn about the entire game RIGHT NOW girlfootballduring the game.

There will be a touchdown during the game.  There will be a review of that touchdown as always.  And this girl will turn to you and say “so it doesn’t count now”

She might ask what color the Florida Panthers are wearing?

She might think that the Super Bowl occurs every four years.

She knows nothing about football – but on Super Bowl Sunday she is gonna try  to learn everything about football.  Enjoy!

FOUR:  “Have some of the dip I brought”

Food and Football are a good match.  So are football and beer – but none of the amateurs brew their own beer before the game.

Food is a different story.  SomBadDipe one is going to try to make a dip on Super Bowl Sunday.  And there will be no less than 3 digits worth of ingredients in that dip.

WHAT THE FUCK IS IN THAT DIP?

It doesn’t matter.  You are going to have to try it.  And you are going to have to smile.

How are you going to get through it.  Here is a recipe for bad dip tolerance.  Lick your bathroom floor and try not to make a bad taste face.  Now you are ready to do the same when you try the dip…

FIVE:  The Sad Patriots Fan

Hah Hah!  This one is just funny!

New England Patriots fans watch Super Bowl XLVI in Boston, MA

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

392 Responses to The Porcine Oddyssey #101: 5 People You are Bound to Meet While Watching the Super Bowl

Lol! So true on the Cam part piggy!

Thanks for the condolences the other night guys. I’ve been really busy and haven’t been able to post.

Ian Wharton ‏@NFLFilmStudy Feb 1
    it’s finally up- Franchise Tag 50: Which Free Agents Need To Be Shielded the Most? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2612789-franchise-tag-50-which-free-agents-need-shielded-most?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-5632

Lmao. Well done Piggy

LOL @ the dip part, yuck, with a smile…and also the, ‘who the f’k invited the dumb girl that won’t shut up’ part.
    Been there done that, almost yearly, sadly!!! 😯

I don’t think people have an issue with Cam doing normal celebrating, it’s when he celebrates in a taunting way when he’s not on the field and the opponent turned it over etc. he celebrates with his teammates in a mocking way. He’s probably the only QB who does that. It’s not a racial thing, it’s a Cam thing.

Piggy,

This is hilarious…nice job!!! One of my favorites of yours.

You know what is worse, to me, than the girl who knows nothing about football?
    The dude who knows nothing about football, but acts like he does. He probably watched less football than the girl, but knows more than anyone else. This is the guy who wants the coach to throw a challenge flag when pass interference is called (or not called).

LOL, I’ve seen that too. I’m like dude, you can’t challenge that, and he’d be like, yeah but I would….lol, what does that even mean??? 🙄

The guy who sits there:

Dip-shit: “The QB should’ve thrown the ball right there.”

Football fan: “Dude, that’s the punter because it’s 4th & 20.”

Dip-shit: “Come on, you know Brady would’ve thrown a TD!”

Football Fan: “Omar, please leave my house!”

Piggy, funny stuff! The Super Bowl really is a different game. No home crowd and such a big event where everyone becomes a fan that day.

February 5, 2016 at 9:32 am
    I never personally noticed anything that upsets me when he celebrates

Well, what I have noticed and pointed out was how his celebrations, even after getting nothing more than a 1st down, are allowed by the refs. I’ve seen Dolphins players get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for far less….lol

10. dbolt48 says:

The racial things w/ Newton on Twitter are bothersome, but you know what’s just as bad???? Those same people who complain that Cam is treated unfairly because he’s black & is just having fun see it fit & fine to criticize Russell Wilson for acting white🙄 No idiotic double standard there.

I can’t watch this right now but this line kills me.
    “While Tannehill passed for a career-high 4,208 yards in 2015, his completion percentage, passer rating, touchdown passes and rushing yards fell significantly from 2014.”

So 92.8 to 88.7 and 27 to 24 is considered significant? What kind of math is that? So does that mean his YPA going from 6.86 to 7.18 is a colossal leap? LOL

• dbolt48 says:

The video is really nothing earth shattering, Greg used the term babied when he meant the coaching staff treated him like a child & placed to many restrictions on him. Went out of his way to praise Tannehill for his hard work and drive and want to….to have the responsibilities, but he hasn’t been afforded those opportunities because of the coaches.

What do you guys think of DE Bronson Kaufusi?

• dbolt48 says:

Nice first step, great size and length. He needs to find a way to play lower & stand a little tougher in the ground game.

Upside guy in maybe the 3rd rd? I’ve been looking at DE prospects other than the 1st round. Kaufusi made me think of Jared Allen.

• dbolt48 says:

I think anywhere between rounds 3-5 for him unless he shits the bed in workouts and meetings.

• dbolt48 says:

He’s an asshole. I have no sympathy for those he go into self destruct mode when help has been offered multiple times. I’ll let Deago take it from here.

LOL, don’t disagree but geez it just gets worse with him.

• dbolt48 says:

Just stupidity associated w/ those enabled their whole lives. It’s not that he was spoiled it’s the fact he’s been enabled by parents & coaches his whole life. You saw similar shit with Vince Young, Chris Henry, Pacman Jones, Mike Tyson, Ryan Leaf.

LOL @ the comments

14. Al in MIA says:

Regarding Kaufusi, I thought the same thing when I was watching video highlights of him (reminds me of Jared Allen).

Dbolt, Vince Young took out a $300K loan to throw himself a birthday party. LOL

16. Al in MIA says:

Agree with the people trying to infer something terrible about RT’s numbers.
    To me it’s disappointing that his numbers took a slight step back this past season but analyze him purely on the data, his 2015 QB Rating of 88.7 was still above his career average of 85.2. As you pointed out, his Y/A went up as well YR/YR to a career best 7.2. This is the one area I wanted to see improvement on year over year and he did. I was looking for an aggressive 7.5 Y/A but that didn’t happen for numerous reasons. This year RT was sacked 45 times compared to 46 last season but in terms of sack yardage lost, 2015 was his worst year (420 yards lost vs 399 lost in 2013 when he was sacked 58 times; in 2014 he was sacked 45 times for 337 yards lost).
    In any case, the numbers don’t suggest a reason to sell at this point is what I’m getting at. If you are taking something as objective as a QB rating and anlayzing it, it should be measured against his career numbers in the same way a stock market technical analyst would observe a price (and taking a position on it long or shot) based on how it performs against a moving average. In my analogy the moving average (longer term) is the career QB rating of 85 and the shorter term would be what his 2015 number was against the previous 4 seasons (2015 was his 2nd best QB rating of his career for a season). No reason to panic (yet) lol.

Al and Dbolt, the reports about Philbin and Lazor not having Tannehill’s back and keeping the reins tight annoys the shit out of me. I’m hoping Gase and Christensen liberate him and utilize his skills more effectively.

• dbolt48 says:

From the interviews it sounds like he’ll be given the full reigns of the O. Also sounds like they will employ him within the planning like DC did late in the year. Sounds like a more 2 way street type of staff versus the control freaked staff we had.

Do you think it was more control freak or paranoid?

• dbolt48 says:

I think it was both. Think about roster decisions. I mean Turner wasn’t great but it was clear he was better than Douglas & Thomas, but yet rode the bench because he didn’t use the technique JP wanted. I think it is telling now looking back that him & McAdoo have never re-United while having multiple opportunities to do so.

LOL @ Gase turning in to a terrified little girl

Id like to get Glenn, i think he is going to be a stud for a few years to come but we could probably get Brookes and Boone for what it would take to get Glenn by himself. Im just not comfortable with Alberts health history. We could go Glenn, Boone and then draft a guy like Tretola. Give us an OL of Glenn, Tretola, Pouncey Boone and James. Get a depth OT like Denver Kirkland, Fahn Cooper, Alex Lewis, who can develop slowly behind the starters. Would be about a 15-16mil investment in the OL, but we would have a solid young OL which should be really awesome once they have played together for a few years. We’d also have decent depth with Turner, Thomas, and Douglas all capable of filling in at OT and OG.

DBolt, you should have added Turner, he’s never shown to be any better than those two and at times has looked even worse than Thomas. He should be looking to get at least one, but hopefully 2 solid vet OG’s. I dont think you can count on Thomas or Turner being anything more than a backup/swing OLman. The will need to get two guys capable of starting from the draft and/or FA. One can be a learn as you go guys, and Pouncey can help out some with their side, but we cant have a hole on either side of Pouncey, one side HAS to be solid. Maybe Douglas is ready to step up, but we didnt get to see enough of him at OG to know for sure. I know he didnt look that great out of position at OC or the few times he filled in at OG.

I add at least one vet who can start and maybe one long-shot who has some experience, then draft a guard and add some UDFAs to compete with the other three.

Id like to get two vet starters, but i think our difference is and has been, faith in the health of Albert. Id draft an OG and potentially an OT depending on the value of the pick, but id probably draft an OG late day 2 early day 3, and an OT mid to late day 3.

• dbolt48 says:

I want 2 vet OGs and a vet swing OT. I still think Turner showed much more than DT especially in power blocking. I do agree at times he had some bad moments. I also don’t know how he was impacted by Fox at RT. He was fine when James was next to him. Did tendencies get exposed or was it that he and Fox didn’t play well off from each other????

He was pretty bad when James was there as well. Dont ya remember they pulled him and made him the backup for first few games?

• dbolt48 says:

I don’t remember that, I remember when he was first inserted into the starting lineup that the run game and offense looked much better & then the NE game occurred. I personally never agreed with the PS move to pull him in favor of Douglas, but that was my opinion.

21. dbolt48 says:

On a different note I’m kind of on the same page as Gordy Glenn D. We need that stable LT situation.

whats up peeps? just stopping bye and saying hi. cant say how happy i am to be wrong and no cheats in the game. even though the nfl tried their hardest at least they arent in it.

i hope all are doing well

D, I think you still have to rely on the development of young players. Most teams don’t have top guys at every position on the OL.

February 5, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Good to see you, we were wondering if you were okay.

dont you read my post, i have never been okay.

(appreciate the concern and i am fine. just busy as heck in jan. it slowed down some this week but next week it will really start getting crazy)

BTW i saw you guys talking about Kaufusi. I mentioned him briefly (for me) in my comments from the Senior Bowl article. Im thinking he is a pretty adequate replacment for a guy like Vernon. I see him pretty similar in skills. Herd will love him, he’s a pretty man lol. Seriously though he seems like a solid players, im not sure he would be an explosive, Wake kind of guy, but i think he will be a good all around type of DE. He potentially could play SOLB, he has the size, but i havent seen a lot of film where you can see his coverage ability, so he might would only be a 2 down guy there.

He’s 6-6 280 though. I would view him as a rotation DE who can play both sides. He gives you that length to block passing lanes as well.

February 5, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Herd suggest that’s what was going on. LOL

she is a smart women

February 5, 2016 at 2:35 pm
    —————————————
    I agree Tim but you have to have a solid base before you start developing depth underneath it. You have to have people infront of the developing players. We arent there yet so we need to address it in FA so we can start the pattern the best teams have which is have starters and developing players a few years behind them, then your are just continuing to draft the same and rotating players up as others fall off from retirement, or losing them in FA. You still have to have a solid starting point.

The Panthers are 19-1 SU in their last 20 games as favorites.
    The Broncos are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games after consecutive wins.
    The total has gone UNDER in four of the Broncos’ last five games after a win.
    The total has gone OVER in the Panthers’ last six games after an ATS win.
    In Super Bowl games after a Star Wars film was released, the team travelling the farthest is 4-2.

29. 13kvFINS says:

Hey EVERYBODY : )), hope you’re all warm !!!

Mike E told me that someone over here that goes by “”D”” is on the same page as me with CGlenn.. BUMMER, it ain’t gonna happen cuz Buff would be NUTTTS to let him hit the market.. But I was wondering what whoever “”D”” is, thinks about the 7 of the top 13 OT’s that I have targeted in the draft 2nd thru 4th rounds..

From where I hang..
    As well as suggesting that, ((((shoot if given the opportunity, I’d cut (31 yr old injury prone) BA, put his money toward CGlenn, weaken Buffalo and be done with our BA protege search)))) !!

I’d also gladly spend 7 plus mill on LT/BA protege CGlenn to play RT with JJames at 2.4 mill as the plug&play RT/LT backup until BA’s done !! I think our G’s will be fine between any two legit T’s and Pouncey at C !!

I don’t think there’s anyway that Buff lets him hit the market, so I’m looking for a later round, less spectacular at pass blocking though more well rounded overall LT than Ronnie Stanley so that we can go CB or DE in the first !! Though I luv RStanley, I can’t see us taking a designated o16 backup T in the first round when we need sooo many starters elsewhere !! Who knows, maybe JJames toe never heals, though I believe he was close to returning in o15..

Beyond RStanley, (I personally don’t like the other 1st round OT options)..
    I really like 7 of the top 13 OT’s in the draft that can be had between the 2nd and 4th rounds, and several of’em are capable of productive NFL LT status !!
    SR’s Jason Spriggs (2nd), Kyle Murphy (3rd), Willie Beavers (3rd/4th), Joe Haeg (3rd/4th) are my favorites with Jr Jerald Hawkins, Sr LeRaven Clark, and if all else fails Sr John Theus being my last resort 3rd or 4th round options..

Mike E tells me that “”D”” like myself watches a lot of college football, so I was wondering about his (as well as everybody else’s) thoughts on these particular OT draft options..

I have a plethora of OT, MLB, S, & (TE if needed) options targeted in the 3rd thru 4th rounds with an extreme few tabbed for the 2nd round, and my draft board is shaping up to go after CB & DE in the first two rounds!!

GOFINS!!!

30. Al in MIA says:

Wyo,
    lmfao at Harrison’s analysis. I’m surprised he wasn’t asked on how to attack the Panthers D. I’m sure he would have said to go right at Josh Norman LOL

31. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    IMO even if the Denver D can control the LOS, I think the Panthers D will prove to be stronger and thus I see CAR winning. Anything can happen of course but I can see the Panthers D carrying the team even if the O is having a hard time.

February 5, 2016 at 3:10 pm
    —————————————–
    I think he is a three down guy, he is pretty solid in run support, sets the edge pretty well.

33. dbolt48 says:

Thomas Davis going after Rodney Harrison good today😂

Hey 13, I agree its probably unlikely Glenn hits FA. They could tag him, but we do have one really good thing going for us in that respect. Buffalo put themselves in a bad place cap wise, worse than ours in fact. So a fully guaranteed 11.68 mil contract is going to be hard to absorb, already being over the cap number by about 12-15 mil over the high end projections of next years cap number, and adding 11.68 is going to be tough for them.

They dont have many contracts they can get out from under either. Darius is their Suh contract, its 14mil against the cap this year and would jump to 34mil if they cut him. Williams would not save them anything to cut, Clay would cost them more to cut than keep. Stephon Gilmore is really only one they get anything back for cutting, he would give them 11 mil, but of the top 10 contracts on their team, 6 would cost them more to cut than keep, and the other 4 would only net 31 mil in savings. The 4 they would have to cut would be Mario Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Kyle Williams and Eric wood, so they would be pretty much gutting their entire DL.

Looking at their cap situation makes me really love ours lol.

So it is possible Glenn is available, but i dont think he will be 7mil pickup, im thinking 10 mil. I dont think he gets paid more than Joe Thomas, Trent Williams or Tyron Smith so that should put him 10-10.5 ish.

• 13kvFINS says:

Cool D, didn’t realize that Buff was in that much cap space hell, but I’d still think that CGlenn would be the last guy that they’d let get away !! Good to know that they’re in trouble though ; )) !!!!!!

What’s up 13kv?

Beyond RStanley, (I personally don’t like the other 1st round OT options)..
    ———————————————–
    I had done a post yesterday regarding the OT’s ill bring it over to this thread, but short hand i only see Tunsil and Stanley as day 1 starters and i really feel iffy about Stanley. I have seen some players make him look bad, in particular Shaq Lawson just gave him fits. Still thats a pretty elite player against another, and if you played them agianst one another 10 times they probably each win 5, so i dunno.

Haeg looked really really bad at Senior Bowl. He was voted the biggest loser from Senior Bowl practices from a few articles i read. I didnt see a great player there. Theus also wasnt that great. Clark i pushed off my list after studying him playing the bowl game against LSU. He looked horrible and senior bowl he didnt really change my mind. Id rather have Spencer Drango (whome most are expecting to move inside at the next level) over Haeg, Theus, or Clark.

Spriggs is going to be a starter some day, possible even before the end of theseason next year. Willie Beavers looks liek a guy who might need to cook a little while but may be ready to start in a season.

• 13kvFINS says:

Thanx for the input D and others !!
      I understand that none of’em are presently “”great””!!
      We are after all talking about (((3rd & 4th))) rounders (other than Spriggs), and backups to JJames & BA and/or BA’s/protoge/eventual replacement upon his annual injury and/or imminent end.. Hawkins, Clark, and Theus as i suggested are my if all else fails last resorts of finding a viable o16 backup OT !!

Hey KaaaNIGGGIIIIHHHTTT ; )),
      can’t help it everytime I see the word Knight I go into Holy-Grail mode…

HIGH to FFR & Getter too, good to see’ya !!!

13kv,

This is my post from yesterday.
    —————————————————————
    D says:
    February 4, 2016 at 12:32 pm
    This is my top 10 OT’s of the draft.
    1) Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss
    2) Ronnie Stanley OT ND
    3) Jack Conklin OT Michigan State
    4) Jason Spriggs OT Indiana
    5) Taylor Decker OT Ohio State
    6) Shon Coleman OT Auburn
    7) Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M
    8) Willie Beavers OT Western Michigan
    9) Jerald Hawkins OT LSU
    10) Kyle Murphy OT Stanford

I wouldnt put starts this year kind of consideration into any of them past Stanley and im iffy on Stanley. There is a lot of future starters in this list but i wouldnt want to depend on any out of the top two as a day 1 starter. That said, i feel we have 3 realistic options. 1) Get a starting caliber, proven guy in FA, like Cordy Glenn for example and move on from Albert now, getting a guy who will be our future for several years. 2) Keep Albert with the idea that he may go down but we hopefully its not until half way through the season, draft one of the guys 3-7, and have them getting prepped up to take over sometime this year, or 3) Get vet backup for Albert and take a guy like 8-10 and groom them to take over in a year or so. If we go much outside the top 10 in OT we need to think of those guys 2 year projects, and potentially nothing more than eventual backups.

These are some guys i think with training could eventually develop, some of which have a lot of potential they are just really raw and can look amazing or awful play to play. None of these guys though would i feel compelled to draft because you can get the same level of developmental player in any draft.

John Theus OT Georgia
    La’Raven Clark OT Texas Tech
    Cole Toner OT Harvard
    Avery Young OT Aurburn
    Fahn Cooper OT Ole Miss

• 13kvFINS says:

Hey D, good to talk wit’cha : ))…

Other than Beavers and Murphy, I didn’t much care for the bottom five of those first 10 listed… And those final unnumbered guys ended up as if all else fails, last ditch options on my personal draft board.. Saw a bunch’of’em moving inside, and I’m focused on true tackles !! I’m tired of our youthful guards being made a mockery of due to poor backup tackle play and/or our G’s having to play T !! Of course our G’s are struggling when having to play alongside the likes of JFoxx and/or DThomas at T, the G & T on that side of the line instantaneously become the obvious hole in the wall for the opposition to attack!! I believe that our G’s (Turner/Douglas/Thomas) will be fine when surrounded by a healthy BA, JJames, & Pouncey at C !! Problem is that BA, JJ & MP have seen the field together in only 5 of the last 35 plus games, and that’s practically two years worth of games that they haven’t been on the field together !!

GOFINS!!!

• 13kvFINS says:

(((I didn’t much care for the bottom five of those first 10 listed)))
        Actually the bottom six of those 10 on the first list, Don’t care much for Decker either..

February 5, 2016 at 3:43 pm
    I was saying too big to be a SOLB.
    —————————————————–
    Probably, i dont really like him as SOLB, i think he’s a DE for us. SOLB though is kinda where you want your big dude. McCain they played at SOLB, Jordan, etc. They are all big tall guys too. Im more concerned with speed to play SOLB. He seems to move pretty well but when i have seen him run laterally, he seems to move a little slow. It could be that because he is so f’ing tall it just appears that way, because he generally gets to his guy, but it just doesnt look like a strong suit for him. His DE skills look fine and he has good short burst speed.

If nothing really changes, I’m warming up to the idea of Mackensie Alexander at #8. His man coverage abilities will allow us to do more on defense.

He looked good over the season. Was very active in the title game until he pulled his hammy real bad. He takes a lot of chances, relies on his superior closing speed to bail him out.

kv13, I too was talking about getting Glenn right at our season’s end, as I looked at our FA’s & the other FA’s out there for 2016.
    But like you, I think the Jills lock him up.

The guy that could hit the market is Donald Penn, says he won’t give the Raidez a hometown discount. He’s good, 32yo, but has been very healthy across his career.

Speaking of health, FA LT from Pitt Kelvin Beachum is good, only 26, coming off his rookie deal, but he tore his ACL in Oct. He was a 7th rounder I think.

One way we could go to replace Fox & as added depth behind Albert, would be FA’s Ryan Harris or Chris Clark, which ever one was cheaper. I prefer Clark.

GD read above, the Jills are going to have a hard time doing it. They would have to really gut their team to be in the position to tag or re-sign him.

Hey Getter, waddup Bro..

I scratched Penn and Beachum due to age and injury!!

I’m looking for/targeting a youthful BA/protege/eventual replacement and/or viable o16 backup and TRUE T !! We need a plug&play TRUE TACKLE, and another T just to be sure that our G’s never again have to play T !! I’m tired of G’s that can be bodies at T, I want TRUE T’s that can step in for BA and JJ and not miss a beat or become the obvious weak link/blatant hole in the wall !!

41. Al in MIA says:

Any of you ACC guys have an opinion on Clemson RT Joe Gore?
    He seems like a very good value play along OL. Fins need anybody that can combo in at G-T even for depth purpose

42. Al in MIA says:

Alexander intrigues me alot…about the only thing that bothers me is the lack of INT…for a guy who covers so well, not sure why it didn’t happen…perhaps it’s because he stays disciplined on his man and doesn’t take unnecessary chances which isn’t a bad thing.

You can see why looking to the other side’s numbers. They threw away from him a lot, same as they did with Hargreaves. Hargreaves though baits QB’s and has INCREDIBLE closing speed so he was still able to get a few picks. Mackenzie is my number 2 CB, but no way in hell they should select him over Hargreaves.

When you don’t allow TDs that tells me they want no part of him.

Tanny has to get rid of the ball sooner as well to give his oline a better chance. Brady and manning get rid of the ball in less than 2.5 seconds. I put that on play calling and play design.

Absolutely, the DE’s in the league, even some of the lesser ones are just too talented to hold on to the ball much past about 2.5 seconds.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

that’s the main reason brady stayed alive with that oline last year. Most of the plays he got rid of the ball real quick. Edeleman was his quick pass target. When he went down brady got beated up a lot more and the pats lost more as well. Brady looked pretty ordinary

Boulder, ok, but then don’t bitch about Tanny’s 6.5 yd per pass or why he’s not throwing deep, or why so many bubble screens….lol

• BoulderPhinfan says:

when did I bitch about that? My main issue with tanny is his 4 quarter play. He needs to play his best in the 4th quarter.

careful there. when you agree with D, just be prepared to sit back and digest something very long and hardcore. sometimes you even have to stop and take a breath or two before going back at it.

D, I know the Jills are cap tight, but as we see in Miami, if you want to get a deal done, you can creatively make it happen. Plus the new cap may go higher than $10M and end up around 155.

GD, the contracts they have to work with would require a shit ton of restructures to get it done. We can just cut people to get our cap shit straight, they cant even do that because most of their players have guaranteed money left so it would literally cost them more to cut than keep. Its not just tight, there isnt a lot of wiggle room either unless the players just want to voluntarily give up money, and not just one of them, like 4-6 of them.

Bills are 166 against cap right now. So they are already 11 mil over. 6 of 10 contracts are such that cutting them would actually make that number higher, so best you could hope for with those guys is they agree to a re-structure. I know there is such thing as cap magic, ive seen it, its a thing of beauty but im telling you, they dont have the latitude we for example have to make room, they will be stuck and they will have to convince players to play ball if they expect to make any room. 6 of the top 10 contracts eould basically have to give up money to make any room.

Best case scenario you can get 10 mil out of restructures, which i think is a high, but thats still got them over, and no money to even sign their rookie class. They could cut some guys and save some money but i doubt they cut Mario Williams, and its going to hurt them to cut Kyle William to only gain 5 mil for cutting him. I just dont see them being able to do much in FA, including re-signing Glenn and a franchise tag would even be worse because its fully guaranteed and counts 100% against the cap.

GD, I hear Penn is a shell of himself these days.

He graded out pretty well, kept Carr in business & is staring at 1 more pay day.

Mitchell Schwartz would be an ok option but i just dont see signing a guy in FA, at least an OT, without the idea we are moving on from Albert. Our depth guy should really be a rookie because we do need to start drafting and developing talent. If we are going to keep Albert in any shape or form, i say we get two starting OG’s in FA, continue to develop Douglas and draft another OG and begin developing him.

Young OL coming out of college these days are less prepared than they used to be.
        Singing a young FA coming off his rookie deal and is ascending is one avenue to look at too. But yes, you always want to develop your own. But seems we haven’t been good lately in drafting OL, sans James recently.

• 13kvFINS says:

D… At FA Guard, I’m targeting Hurricane/Cardinal Ted Larsen !!

• 13kvFINS says:

Larsen…. Born in Miami, but NOT a Hurricane, keep gettin crossed-up on that, mybadd …

Boulder, I hope Tanny can get more don in the 4th QTR too. An improved OL, & Gase making good game plans and calling correct situational plays will go a long way towards helping that.

Ohh, and a defense that can hold a damn lead when the offense gets them one late. 😉

Go Vance!

Man the rich get richer. So outside of any money they brought over from last year and it looks like it may be in the neighborhood of 5 mil or so, Denver will be starting this next year 10-12mil under cap. Von Miller i doubt is going anywhere lol, at least not next year. He at very least will likely get tagged.

They really dont have a lot of needs, they dont have a lot of crucial free agents to sign, so they should be able to pay Miller or tag him and still re-sign those guys they want to and/or upgrade in FA, especially when Manning’s contract comes off the books.

Whats Grimes doing in this video ….lol.

Wow, he likes the coaching hires and OV, but doesn’t think much of running backs.

Some good stuff from Prisco, but I disagree with him on Lamar Miller….and Pete sucks at making picks. I score higher than him annually. 😀

I don’t care about predictions from any pundit. But I do like to hear their outside opinions on the status of our team. I do understand his view on RBs and not re-signing them to big money whatever that is because I tend to agree with his philosophy on RBs and many feel the same way. But here’s the thing, if we let Miller walk why is that? Because some other team is going to pay him and why is that? Good players are good players and Miller is a really good player – he’s explosive and I think he’s our best offensive player in his prime.

I don’t think many people have done enough research about Miller or watched him play enough to see how productive he is per touch while being underutilized. His age 25 in 2016 with 4 years experience, lack of wear and tear and entering his prime is being overlooked. That is why I am for signing him. I really think he could be a big part of our offense going forward under Gase.

D, I was looking at a FA G/T coming off his rookie deal. Packers FA Don Barclay.
    26yo 6’4 305 from West Virginia. He’d make a solid depth guy if nothing else. Give him Fox’s money. He’s way more versatile than Fox.

Yeah we could add a vet for depth, and i remember that guy from when i was scouting him when he was up for draft. Would be a good addition. Im thinking you must be somewhat ok with Albert then, pretty confidant he will be fine next year? Im just not there with you and Tim in that feeling. Thats why i keep suggesting ways to replace Albert or be in a position to before the season is out. Ill be glad to be wrong but im not confidant i will be.

I heard similar things from a couple other o-line sources. Miller over Vernon and while i am not on same page with Miller being just another guy, and easily replaceable through draft, i do agree that the team likely would place more value on Vernon over Miller.

Also, the reason why i believe that Hargreaves is better than Alexander is that statement he made right there. You do need a guy who can play zone, but they have to have man press skills and Hargreaves is strong there. He has great instincts and closing speed for zone but he is aggressive as all hell and plays press really well. I dont think Alexander is as good in press, he is more a pure man-to-man cover corner and has great skills there but he isnt as good in press and i believe from what i have seen he doesnt have as great of instincts for zone.

I’ll take Lippett over both, playing press against SD he looked great, and we know what he can do when the ball is up for grabs.

steveccnv says:
    February 5, 2016 at 6:42 pm
    ———————————–
    I expected to disagree with him, im not fond of the guys at CBS but i actually found my agreeing with everything except the Miller part, which to his credit is probably true business wise, i just think more of Miller being hard to replace than he does.

We didn’t use Miller the right way, but that could change this yr. I think he hurt the team more than he helped them in 2015. When he was good he was really good, but the rest of the time and when we needed him he didn’t show up. Like I said, I think it’s more on how he was used.

If Peyton turns the ball over Denver has no chance, otherwise it could be a close game. I think the Donkies used their strength of rushing the passer against the Cheats weakness on the depleted Oline to get to the SB, but I really don’t give them much of a chance.

Any other year the Donkies don’t beat the cheats with this team, and Carolina is bringing one of the better teams to the SB. I think the Panthers should be favored by 14 pts.

steveccnv says:
    February 5, 2016 at 6:46 pm
    ————————————–
    I hope you are right Steve, i personally would love to see a secondary of Lippett, Hargreaves, Jones and another draftee at least compete for the other FS spot. That would be a very young and formidable secondary.

D, Albert worries me being able to get 16+ games out of him. However I don’t see the club moving on from him this year. So I’ve been trying to look at ways of building some contingency plans in case he goes down, & also drafting someone that can groom to replace him by year 2 in 2017.

steve, everyone is piling on Carolina.
    The wager line has moved from an opening of 4.5 to 5.5. Vegas as you know is not stupid & they don’t like to lose money. I think there could be a fix in for Denver and the sportsbooks making millions more than usual.
    Last game of the year for them to collect big. 😉

February 5, 2016 at 7:16 pm

I don’t care about predictions from any pundit. But I do like to hear their outside opinions on the status of our team. I do understand Prisco’s view on RBs and not re-signing them to big money whatever that is because I tend to agree with his philosophy on RBs and many feel the same way. But here’s the thing, if we let Miller walk why is that? Because some other team is going to pay him and why is that? Good players are good players and Miller is a really good player – he’s explosive and I think he’s our best offensive player in his prime.

That’s what I’ve been saying all along. His age, health, fresh legs, and playmaking ability are makes him a near must sign.
      Yes, you can ‘get by’ with other RB’s. But Miller is one of those that are in the upper echelon of RB’s. He has AP, Beast Mode, Charles type potential. He’s shown many glimpses of it….IMO!
      We drafted a RB last year.
      Resign Miller & save the draft spots for other needs on defense & OL.

….and another thing. Remember Ajayi has a degenerative knee condition. So we don’t know when things begin to turn bad for him. It could be 3years from now, or it could be next season.

GD, at worst Miller is Marshall Faulk light. Look at how we used him and how many different ways he made plays. This guy could be a 2,000 total yards guy in the right situation. But he doesn’t even have to be that, 1,500 total would be a step in the right direction. Somewhere out there a team is saying let’s add Miller. I’m telling you – Kubiak will want him paired with Osweiler to run his ZBS/play-action offense with their two good receivers in Thomas and Sanders.

Replace that with Tannehill, Landry and Parker.

I always liked Trent Green. His career was unfortunate. The stars never aligned for him. He had talent, it just didn’t work out.

Hmmm… where have we heard this before regarding the 4-3 vs. 3-4? 😉

By the way is VJ trying to compete with Suh with bulging muscles? LOL

61. 13kvFINS says:

Didn’t mean for this to post at the reply so I’ll redo here…

Thanx for the input D and others !!
    I understand that none of’em are presently “”great””!!

Hey KaaaNIGGGIIIIHHHTTT ; )),
    can’t help it everytime I see the word Knight I go into Holy-Grail mode…

HIGH to FFR & Getter too, good to see’ya !!!

Tim, I agree. Letting Miller walk without at least attempting to keep him in earnest is like letting your home run hitter that also avg’s .330 go on a baseball team. Not easily replaced.

633 AB 101 R 184 H 35 HR 105 RBI 7 SB .291 .328 OB .870 OPS

He likes being a Met. I think he wants to prove he’s better than what you’ve seen and he wants to do it in NY.

64. 13kvFINS says:

At FA Guard, I’m targeting the youthful born in Miami (but not a Hurricane as previously suggested erroneously) starting Cardinal G Ted Larsen !!

D said..
      “””secondary of Lippett, Hargreaves, Jones and another draftee at least compete for the other FS spot. That would be a very young and formidable secondary.”””

You ain’t kiddin !! And Grimmey too, if his beyotch would let him focus on the game!!

Seeing that RJones is an inner-changeable SS/FS, my Safety target in the drafts 3rd round is the extreme bruiser (Miles Killabrew), wowww what a hitter at 6-3, 230 !!

Also Luv’d that senior bowl standout MLB that’s too small, too slow, yet extremely instinctive (ie; 54) Tyler Mitakevich in the third round !!

GOFINS!!!

Just watched the Vance Joseph interview, a few posts above, and he reminds me of this kid we had on the my sons soccer team that I coached. The aura about him is a little different than the average DC, he screams out this confidence that’s hard to deny.

I don’t know anything about him other than what I’ve read or seen in interviews, but he sounds like he gets it. He mentioned what I said right after our season was over. It’s not the headliners that make all the difference, those other 5 to 6 guys need to be able to mesh with the Suh’s,the Wakes, and the Jones…What good is it to have Suh, if they double team him all day long and the guy next to him can’t make a play to save his ass? In our case it was the LBs behind him that didn’t get it done, so when Jones wasn’t coming up in support he was making tackles on running plays in the secondary.

I hope Jones has only about 90 tackles next yr playing all 16 games. It means someone else on the team is making a tackle.

VJ is nervous in front of the camera, this is all new to him. He’s been a DBs coach for 11 years and has interviewed and been blocked for multiple DC jobs. Now’s his time. Phillips and Kubiak told him back in HOU in 2013; you’re ready to take the next step.

I love how he touched on 3-4 vs. 4-3. It’s about nickel and dime. Matchups!

Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase want to get more physical, I think we’re hearing that. By the way where is Gase? Not one follow up appearance since his initial PC? Not knocking him but the MD PR people are too much sun and fun. That should have been done by now.

Where’s our HC, is he hibernating? LOL

P.S., I think Suh is going to have a monster season in 2016.

D says:

February 5, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Bills are 166 against cap right now. So they are already 11 mil over.
    ——————————————————–
    That’s not accurate D, you forgot to mention the Bills adjusted cap figure. Here’s how much they’re over $6,790,786, here’s their adjusted cap $158,467,331, but I agree they’re way worse off than we are.

Hey guys and girls!

Good to see FFR! Sorry I missed ya!

Glad to see you here KV!

Recovering from stomach virus 2.0. WTF! This is insane. Hopefully this is the last of this nonsense, or I’m going to have to see a GI doc to see if maybe it’s not a virus.

I just had something like that two days ago. For me it was like cramps and indigestion.

They’re trying to kill us, Mike. 😉

• 13kvFINS says:

“”ChemTrails”” LMAO ; ))) !!

It’s brutal man. I’m at work, and all of a sudden, my stomach feels it’s roiling, and then the weirdest thing happened, similar to what happen when I got the last virus, but worse this time. All of a sudden my neck and face got really red, and even my eyes were red, and my fingertips felt like pins and needles, and I started to sweat, and then all hell broke loose and I run to the bathroom. Stomach acted up again a few minutes later, and I felt like I was going to throw up at the same time, I managed to not do that. I stayed at work for a few hours, this started about 1PM after lunch. I left at 6:30PM, and then felt pretty miserable all night and this morning.

Finally started feeling a little better a couple of hours ago, and just ate some chicken broth with rice. The other virus was 2 weeks ago, and I’m wondering if maybe I never got rid of it, or if it’s not a virus at all, but some condition or something.

• 13kvFINS says:

DAMNNN, sick again Bro ?? WTF is right !! GET BETTER, gotta drink & eat on Sunday!!

LOL @ Chemtrails! Yeah man, that’s exactly how I feel. Gotta get better for Sunday, and yes, WTF, sick again. Today was the first sick day I took in over a year. I would much rather have been feeling well and at work.

I have to point this out. Brandon Albert never had chronic issues in his career – he’s had knee soreness a few times, a back contusion for 3-4 weeks in 2013, got rolled up on in 2014 with the knee but started 14 games in 2015. Yeah let’s keep writing him off. Oy! The guy worked his ass off to get back. Those are the types of players you want.

He missed a few games before he came to Miami
      I think he averaged 12 games a year before he came here

And I bet in the first 2 years and next 3 he averages the same

I really don’t have a problem with that

I mentioned 2013 with the Chiefs. My point was Albert’s durability is over-exaggerated. James killed us last year. He missed have the season with turf toe. Albert played in 14 games off a bad knee injury. He didn’t blow it again. That’s a good sign. He’s the type of player you win with. He only signed here in 2014 and that’s when he suffered his knee injury (freak accident – got rolled up on in the mosh). He’s back now and with an entire offseason to rest and condition in 2016 as opposed to last year with all rehab.

Albert is elite when healthy. Yet you guys keep trying to replace him. Add talent by addition not by subtraction. You stay the same that way. Add good players to what you already have.

• 13kvFINS says:

I personally luv the guy, not writing him off whatsoever, but we GOTTA get his protege on the roster, or someone that can productively play either T position, especially LT so that we don’t miss a beat when BA actually is done !! I like gettin milk and whatever else I may need before I actually need it !!

But he does need a solid healthy year to put the doubters behind him.

Mickey’s not eating kosher again 😉

So week 1 down in the Law Firm of Oinks
    What a werk

How’s it going? Did you have clients lined up from your old firm?

Yeah
        A couple
        But not a lot
        I’m trying to get away from the kind of work i did there

So I have just enough to sustain myself
        Mostly bc my overhead is so low

That works. It’s better to start to slow, you don’t want to get overwhelmed and not be able to handle your clients properly.

OK, off to sleep. Have to work tomorrow, I want to make sure I’m ready to go! Goodnight all!

I agree Mike E
    I’m concerned about moving too fast
    And I think I set myself to ease into it

But a few friends of mine think I’m crazy in a lot of ways

But I know me
    And I know I need to b slow and steady

I agree with you
    I really think James was a killer this year
    Between James Albert and pouncey injuries we really had a lot of issues
    But it wasn’t 1 guy IMO
    And it’s probably not going to happen 2 years in a row

In 2015 Albert played in 14 games off a bad 2014 season-ending knee injury mid-season. Yet we ignore James missed half the season with turf toe and Pouncey once again got injured down the stretch with sub par talent and youth at guard.

He and his brother have proven to be not very durable.

The problem is Albert, Pouncey and James are the best core we have. They have to bond and stay healthy or it’s for not.

• 13kvFINS says:

Yepp, Ba Missed the first 5 or so, took till midseason to get near full speed which was the same point in time that JJ went down for the seasons remainder !!

JFoxx started ELEVEN GAMES at one or the other T positions !!

Been suggesting forever, that our OL including the present G’s will be fine, IF ONLY we can keep BA, JJ, & MP healthy !! And we GOTTA GET viable backup TRUE TACKLES for BA/JJ breathers !! G’s that can be bodies at T doesn’t cut-it !!!!

• 13kvFINS says:

((BA missed the ((MAJORITY)) of the first five or so))

May have started, may have played, but didn’t finish (for the most part) until after week 5, and didn’t get near full speed until season end !!

Should be healthy as an Ox and raring to go come o16’s start, as well as JJ !!

I really think our oc, the design of the team and even (gulp) the qb didn’t do the OL any favors

Emphasis on the first 2 things mentioned and not the qb
    That running firm the shotgun …but then again Carolina does it
    But not 6 times then a lass frenzy

Hey defensive line wanna tee off
    Play the 2015 dolphins

I just watched Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith tape, I like Myles a little better, but either one would help out a lot.

• 13kvFINS says:

Ya’know they suffered significant end of season bowl game knee injuries ??

Smith WAS a top 3 guy for me before his injury, Jack was top 10, but had to scratch’em, done drafting the injured !! JSmith is GREAT (best in Country) when healthy, maybe mid o16 season at best (minus a miracle) for either one which would mean no active OTA’s, Mini, and TC or any of that important stuff..

Quick pop in .. uber busy with work..

Piggy … Great weite , really enjoyed it and can relate to all the characters.. Also congrats on Week 1 of start up. That takes a lotta guts

GDP .. Youre right, mere reading of cabbage juice is giving me tummy issues

13 kv .. Welcome Aboard always good to see new names on here….

Brian… Sure hope yer crappy start to the year is over. Vibes to ya from both of us

Mike E … Get well dude.. Spicy food it to death.

Everyone Else… Happy Superbowl. May we soon see the Fins in one

Go Panthers ( Sunday)

Go Fins !! FOREVER.

• 13kvFINS says:

Hey there Manitoba, Thanx for the greetings !!

Pig, just now realized this was a new porcine piece, Funny-Stuff !!

Just today my casual fan Brother who believes everything he hears and repeats as though it’s undeniable told me, boyy Cam Newton has really become a jerk with a big head that thinks he’s better than everyone else… I replied “”he’s having fun,whats wrong with that, he is better than everyone else, and always has been at every level””!!

I’m an avid/over the top THill supporter wanted him in o12 (minus Luck), and still believe that he can be elite with a cohesive OL five and D, but suggested to the folks where I hang out that I’d give our entire draft and THill for Cam Newton.. LOVE the way Cam plays the game, leads his team, and performs for the fans that believe the Not Fun League sucks!!

Newton has also had the fortune of stability from top to bottom throughout the organization the entirety of his career to go along with his incredible stature and numerous skill-sets !! Wowww, what a player let-alone QB, guy gets past the DL and he’s bigger, stronger, and in most cases faster than everyone else left in his way, not to mention his cannon of an arm, INCREDIBLE!! Know that THill will never be CNewton, but think that like CNewton the dimmer-switch will turn much further to the right in his fifth year, as long as our OL nucleus BA, MP, JJ and viable backups are reasonably healthy !!

Just gotta hope that when we do get to the SB as the AFC Rep, that an NFC team has already taken out Newton, & Wilson along with their extremely talented teams, LOL ; )) !!

The majority of up and comer if not already great QB’s reside in the NFC, once Peyton, Brady and Ben are gone, THill ought’a be able to keep pace if not be better than the up and comer AFC QB’s !!

ANYWAY’s, I enjoyed your story, THANX for the laugh, hate watchin any game with CLUELESS FOOTBALL NUMBSKULLS !!

GOFINS!!

Regarding the offensive line talk above, I m still counting on at least one of the three young guards developing into a good player. Evan Mathis wasn’t a probowler his first 3 years. Hell the Dolphins cut him from the 53 to bring up a practice squad guy. He got churned until he finally stepped up. Hopefully Turner and Douglas develop into solid players or at least good depth.

82. dbolt48 says:

13kvFINS says:
    February 6, 2016 at 12:30 am
    Ya’know they suffered significant end of season bowl game knee injuries ??

Slight correction, Smith was the only one to suffer a severe knee injury during bowl season. Jack tore his meniscus early last year and is fully recovered. Jack will still be a top 10 pick, but Smith we won’t know until they do the combine physicals & look at that knee.

8: R1P8
    ILB TYLER MATAKEVICH
    TEMPLE
    199: R7P10
    OLB ANTONIO MORRISON
    FLORIDA

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 22m22 minutes ago
    Make your Saturday a little sweeter with Courtney’s swimsuit album 🍰 http://www.dolphinscheerleaders.com/cheerleader_photos/courtney-swimsuit

Everyone still looking at the swimsuit photo’s or what?

You don’t have to be lonely at farmers only dot com

Pigggy, very unrealistic draft there. UF TE Jake McGee selected in the 6th round ahead of Striker, Matakevich, & Morrison??? lol. What lame draft site is that? 😯

Rock, yes, I still think we’ll see Jamil Douglas take a LEAP forward in year 2. He already came in very strong, setting records in the weight rooms.
    Now he’ll have a full offseason with training also for technique and added speed/quickness. Hoping he becomes a stud @ LG longterm.

IN OUR VIEW: Perhaps as much as any offensive lineman in this class, Johnstone’s ultimate draft slot hinges on the medical grade he receivers from team doctors. If clubs feel that he’ll regain his mobility, Johnstone has top 100 potential, projecting best as a left tackle for a zone-blocking scheme.

February 6, 2016 at 12:46 pm
    Most of therm are. At least he didn’t have 14 2nd rd picks. LOL

We only do that to piss you off! 😉

Essentially this isn’t a slight on Tanny

It confirms that Philbin was a Pussy
      Some times you have to let guys fail in order to succeed
      Sometimes you gotta take risks

91. dbolt48 says:

195: R7P6
    P ERIC ENDERSON
    DELAWARE
    199: R7P10
    P JAMIE KEEHN

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Okay, here is a 7 round draft trying to be balanced which a lot of the time is the case with a new coaching staff. They bring in their own guys to compete at multiple positions. This is based on the idea that we addressed some positions in FA as well.

8: R1P8 OLB MYLES JACK UCLA
    42: R2P11 OG CODY WHITEHAIR KANSAS STATE
    73: R3P10 DE BRONSON KAUFUSI BRIGHAM YOUNG
    104: R4P9 RB KENYAN DRAKE ALABAMA
    135: R5P8 CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL NOTRE DAME
    168: R6P11 TE HENRY KRIEGER COBLE IOWA
    195: R7P6 FB DAN VITALE NORTHWESTERN
    199: R7P10 CB CRE’VON LEBLANC FLORIDA ATLANTIC

I almost drafte cre’von too
      I just like his name…lol

You need more linebacks though…lol

Hey I added one of the top LBs with our top pick. As you know I like Hewitt and Vigil’s upside and we have Jenkins. Maybe we added a vet as an upgrade over Sheppard. In this scenario we may or may not have moved from Misi. Remember we’re going to be playing with only 2 LBs most of the time with all the spread teams play.

I also added a FB because Philbin is gone. He can run, catch and block and would likely be a core STs guy. He could help us in some short yardage situations. He’s a lunch pail type FB with some skills. Maybe he’s our John Kuhn. 😉

The TE I added can block because at Iowa all their TEs have to block in their run first scheme. Krieger Coble is a TE/H-back who can lineup in multiple positions. Who knows if we move on from Cameron and his salary unless Gase likes his skill set for his offense. Add some competition for Sims and Stoneburner at the least.

I couldn’t land a top CB because it didn’t work out that way so that’s why I doubled up to compete with our other young corners and may the best men win.

OLB MYLES JACK
    FLORIDA
    199: R7P10
    TE JAKE MCGEE
    FLORIDA

I was excited to get calhoune in the 2nd round
    Good looking pass rusher

Piggy, correct on Philbin. Turns out he was the Cancer on the team!!! SMH!
    He was a green, very green 1st time HC. Started Tanny as a rookie and within the first couple of games Miami faced a tough Texans team.
    JJ Watt kept batting passes and Tanny ended up with 3 INT’s within a quarter of play.
    I think Bazooka Joe then freaked the F out and put Tanny in jail from then on. Scared to let him develop properly, afraid for his HC job and dumbass reputation.

Go Gase!

• dbolt48 says:

In all honesty, the jail placement happened after the Saints game year 2.

Well, thanks for being honest then.

• dbolt48 says:

LOL. After that game he had more restrictions placed on him from running from the pocket etc, because of the multiple TOs that game. They forced pure hesitation in his play opposed to his relaxed aggressive nature he had shown up to that point. Only time you saw true aggressiveness from him is when he was in hurry up no huddle mode.

I don’t know why DJ white is projected to go on day 3
    But he is

Good looking CB

I’m a fan of Jayron Kearse

But he does have a checkered past

Piggy
    Watch Johnstone against Calhoun

100. dbolt48 says:

Improving physicality draft assuming OV is re-signed:

VIEW EACH TEAM’S DRAFT

195: R7P6
    CB ERIC MURRAY
    MINNESOTA
    199: R7P10
    ILB CASSANOVA MCKINZY
    AUBURN

This seems to be the best combination I can come up with!

8: R1P8CB MACKENSIE ALEXANDER, CLEMSON
    42: R2P11 ILB KENTRELL BROTHERS, MISSOURI
    73: R3P10 DE SHAWN OAKMAN, BAYLOR
    104: R4P9 TE NICK VANNETT, OHIO STATE
    135: R5P8 C MAX TUERK, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    168: R6P11 OT TYLER JOHNSTONE, OREGON
    195: R7P6 FS CLAYTON FEJEDELEM, ILLINOIS
    199: R7P10 OG ERIC MAC LAIN, CLEMSON

NFL Media’s Mike Mayock says Illinois S Clayton Fejedelem has “been all around the ball for two days now” at Shrine Game practices.
      This isn’t a surprise, as Fejedelem was a collegiate tackling machine. “He had 140 tackles this past season so you knew coming in that he was a tough guy,” Mayock wrote. “And he is. But it has been nice to see him around the ball, making plays in the passing game.” Fejedelem was a NAIA transfer who walked on at Illinois. If he gets drafted, it will have been quite the meteoric rise. Jan 20 – 4:48 PM

My sleeper draft pick. Although not much sleeping will be going on.

Let’s say we land Jack at #8, this could be our base nickel front 7 if we do not re-sign OV.

LDE Wake – if he can overcome the Achilles
    LDT Suh
    RDT Phillips
    RDE Moore

LB Jack
    LB Jenkins

DB Jones

Tim, that’s why I said Dodd in the 2nd round. But actually a lot depends on if we resign OV & what the reports are on Wake’s leg as well as his willingness to restructure.

Yeah I addressed both of those things. We’re definitely drafting a DE at some point. I’d say within the first 3 rounds. We have so many questions at the position heading into FA – OV and Shelby as UFAs, Coples’ salary, Fuckface’s Fuckface, and Wake’s Achilles. Moore is in on the cheap at $700K. That doesn’t mean he makes the team but he’ll be given the opportunity. But we’ll know the deal heading into the draft whether we go real early or add depth and competition at DE a little later.

106. 13kvFINS says:

D-Bolt.. Thought Jacks was at end of season too (in practice), yea torn meniscus ain’t tooooo horrific ?? Completely blewout both of my knees in one sno-sking crash, BRUTAL!!! I Like him, but his HC/exNFL HC Mora suggested that he should stay in school one more year… I’d have no problem with drafting either one injured or not if they were to drastically fall to our 2nd pick, (EXTREMELY UNLIKELY), but I personally can’t endure another year of folks hating a guy before his first snap just because we drafted another injured prospect in the 1st round (at 8), or any round for that matter, but JSmith & Jack (sounds toxic and/or deadly) are pretty special when/if not a health risk!! GOFINS!!!

What do you guys think about DE/LB Noah Spence?

A DE, I got my eye on is Emmanuel Ogbah. He’s still raw, but oh what a force he can be. He’s really put together for the part, with great burst.
    These Nigerian kids usually have a good work ethic too.
    Would be nice to get a trade down & pick him up a lil later in the 1st. Then have two 2nds or at least two 3rd’s + a later round.

Mike E
    Wedge just did a scouting report on Spence
    It probably won’t be posted for a few weeks
    He was kicked off Ohio State bc he was addicted to ecstasy

Red flag guy. You maybe take a chance on him in the 4th or 5th. He has talent but he could be another Fuckface.

Definately a red flag guy

but its worth noting He really worked hard to convince people he was serious about football over the last 2 years

He went to rehab, transferred to a small school and hasn’t been in trouble since

Noah Spence
    Position EDGE School Eastern Kentucky
    Height 6′ 2 5/8″ Weight 254 lbs

A little light in the shorts for a 4-3 DE?

I don’t get as into weight as much as others
      so take it with a grain of salt I guess
      but going from college to pro a guy can easily go from 254 to 270

He played most of his career at OSU with his hand in the ground in a 4-3 set
      so I’m inclined to think he can do either

There are exceptions with guys like Dwight Freeney for example. He’s like 6-1 265. He had sub 4.5 speed though and played a similar game to Wake with that real explosive low to the ground off the corner rush.

I have to say I think DE Bronson Kaufusi would be a great value pick in the 3rd rd if he doesn’t sneak into the 2nd. He’s about 6-7 280 and reminds me of Jared Allen. A long and lean DE with range. Those kinds of guys knock down passes, disrupt passing lanes and trip up QBs and RBs in the backfield with sheer size. He’s not a quick twitch guy but he’s a big man with good athleticism and decent speed. He’s like another Coples but might be better.

Coples is intriguing for us. I wonder if he restructures is $7M salary on incentives? For example if he plays 60% or more of the defensive snaps he earns more and so on.

2016 is his big payout year on his original contract. It was well written by Mr. T in that the 4th year he would be entering his prime. Well he never really took off but I ask this question, did he suffer the same situation under Rex Ryan that the Bills DL did this past season with Rex putting square pegs in round hole, asking DEs like Williams and Hughes to play OLB in his zone blitzing 3-4 DEF?

Maybe Coples is better suited to play a Justin Tuck role, a pure 4-3 DE who can move inside on passing downs. It didn’t seem that Todd Bowles thought he was a good fit in his 3-4 DEF.

Piggy, Spence also shined during Senior Bowl week. He’ll be heavily scrutinized and we’ll see where he goes. He has edge rush talent for sure.

113. dbolt48 says:

13kv,
    Yeah, injury for Jack happened late September & he dropped out of UCLA 10/6/15:

He basically just focused his attention on being a pro prospect with rehab and conditioning for the combine.

• 13kvFINS says:

Cool !! Personally, I don’t believe we need an LB more than a CB and/or (DE depending on OV/Shelby/Wake), but believe me when i tell you, I’ll jump on board with whoever we pick, don’t think we can miss as long as we take a position of need which pretty much includes all but a P & K ; )) ..

GOFINS!!

Bronson Kaufusi, I might take him in the 2nd rd.

He is an interesting prospect

Wedge might check him out

But my initial reaction is that byu doesn’t play in a major conference
      So if you are following the steelers/bengals model of team building – they are taking players from major conferences who are generally more NFL ready

There is no shortage of good players from byu though
      I’m not judging him for his school
      I’m just saying that he isn’t from a big time conference

But I like plenty of small conference guys like Tyler Matakevich

The NFL will be a jump for him no doubt, but you can’t teach his size, athleticism and competitiveness. He has leadership type qualities as well. I think he’s a player you win with. He makes plays in all facets of the game.

• dbolt48 says:

This guy shares your thoughts Tim:

New DC Vance Joseph said his defensive philosophy is pass rush and outside corner play. Everything else is based off that but also said stopping the run is important, but what coach ever said it wasn’t? LOL

I wonder if he uses more press and man coverage? Teach it and/or have the talent to do it.

Dbolt, that’s on you, don’t pin that shit on me. LOL

Here you go Tim

I worked your Kafusi in the draft

He’s not a 2nd rounder on this site

AUBURN
    199: R7P10
    ILB ANTONIO MORRISON
    FLORIDA

118. 13kvFINS says:

TK;
    “”I’d like to go defense twice within the first 3 rounds.””

Yea, I’m not goin O until at least the 3rd round, CB & DE for me OL in the 3rd !!

Lets face it, all we really have at CB is Grimes and his wife’s foot has him halfway out’da’door, and his career’s even further along !!

CWake/OV/Shelby’s are potentially slip-slidin-away, can’t go with just Coples, Fede, & Demontre Moore, (we’ll need a serious play-making DE minus OV or even with OV) and CWake’s not likely to ever again be himself when/if ever 100% and nearing 35 !!

GOFINS!!

• 13kvFINS says:

OT in the third, not OL, I want a TRUE TACKLE if not TWO for backup T duties !!

Not saying that. I want to draft a DE and hope Wake can be a situational pass rusher.

• 13kvFINS says:

He won’t be there, but I would kill for Joey Bosa…

If I were picking today, (no-matter what happens with OV), with the hopes of getting high value (slightly lower than projected) with most every pick.. I’d be targeting..

CB Hargreaves
        DE Dodd (hope he falls to us), or Nassib
        MLB Tyler Mitakevich/ Nick Vigil/Scooby Wright
        OT Tyler Murphy/Willie Beavers/Jerald Hawkins
        S Miles Killabrew
        OT

• 13kvFINS says:

Forgot Haeg (ahead of Hawkins) with those 4th round OT options !!

All my drafts are basically defensive focused

I tend to think with pieces like Suh, Jones, Grimes and Wake we can get a fee good young players and really get very good defensively right away

I agree but 3 and 4 LBs is a bit much. LOL

So many draftniks focus on UDFAs then when we find them we discount them. Hewitt and Vigil could become good players and at worst serviceable backups and STs guys.

so now i finally get it. thank you so much dbolt. now i get the rules on this site. no women boob pics but it is fine to show male boobs.

and i thought i was the perv.

The last few years I use CBS Sports for draft stuff because they have a good site for prospect intel. You can then make up your own mind from there. They’ve been pretty consistent the last few years as far as prospect rankings.

February 6, 2016 at 10:28 pm

You are a perv however you slice it. LOL

ok there are a lot of things i will do and have done but i am not going to let anyone slice anything.

What could it hurt?

BrianCat ‏@BrianCat13 Feb 5
    Why not move Jamar Taylor to FS as a last-ditch effort to save his career?

the best way to save Jamar Taylor’s career would be to lose him…… to another team. it seems to be whenever our under performing players prosper is when they are picked up somewhere else

Jamar Taylor had a bad season but he’s shown promise as well. I wouldn’t write him off yet either. I’d let him compete again with the other young corners and see how it pans out.

I wouldn’t mind if they gave Taylor a shot at FS. I do think he can be more effective there than at CB. I feel like if he can’t play CB by now, he’s never going to get it. He has the physicality to play S, so I’d try it. Maybe it works.

Taylor has shown he can play corner though. He had a rough season for sure but we’ve seen him play better than that. Not sure what happened to him? He didn’t look right though.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m14 minutes ago
    Teammates still attempting to change his mind, but Seahawks’ RB Marshawn Lynch has told some close to him he plans to retire, per sources.

Geez, I mentioned wanting to move Taylor to safety way back in Oct. Glad to see the media is finally catching up to me 4 months later….lol

Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston believes the Patriots will “explore the possibility” of signing impending free agent Matt Forte.
    The Patriots were painfully one-dimensional on offense after losing Dion Lewis and LeGarrette Blount to season-ending injuries this year. Forte would be a tremendous upgrade for New England, particularly given his all-around skill set. If the Patriots are thinking younger (Forte turned 30 in December) they could also kick the tires on Chris Ivory, Doug Martin or Lamar Miller.
    __________________________________
    This is why we need to try & keep Millertime. He’s our homegrown talent.
    The Pats will sign him sure as poop if we don’t…..or if they get Forte, we still need to be able to counter them with a stout running game & I don’t want to put all of that squarely on Ajayi. I think that will come back to bite us….IMO.

Gase, if you see that we need to run the ball more….and you know we do, we all see that. Then keep a solid stable of RB’s and PUNISH the AFC East!!!

I think Taylor has moved from young player with potential to a guy we can’t rely on

But he is not in give up on him catageory IMO

I think we need to come out of the draft with 1 CB
    It doesn’t have to be a day 1 or 2 guy
    It can be if the right player is there

But we should bring a young CB into the mix with Taylor, Lippett, McCain (x2) and Grimes
    It’s another reason we need to hang into grimes
    So that we don’t have any more holes

Shocking!

According to the New York Post, the FBI is investigating former Giants TE Jeremy Shockey in connection to an international drug and gambling ring.
    Owen Hanson, a former walk-on tight end at USC, was among 22 charged in a drug smuggling operation that allegedly spanned from Brooklyn all the way to Australia. Shockey has maintained a friendship with Hanson over the years but denies any involvement in the drug ring and told the FBI he has “nothing to hide.” “I’ve never had anything to do with drugs,” said Shockey. “And I would never do anything illegal to jeopardize what I’ve worked for.” The investigation is ongoing.

OLB MYLES JACK
    FLORIDA
    199: R7P10
    FS CLAYTON FEJEDELEM

I see you’re on the Bronson Kaufusi bandwagon. 🙂

He adds us an extra option in the 2nd or 3rd to get a DE

Dodd
        Kaufusi (I like the jared allen comparison)
        Nassib
        Calhoune
        Oakman

I think we have a good shot at a decent DE in the 2nd round or 3rd round

Super Bowl Sunday….hopefully someday we get to watch the Dolphins play in the big game. Getting ready to do some food prep for later….baby back ribs(sorry Piggy) homemade mac n cheese, coleslaw, banana bread on my menu for later. And guacamole and chips too.

Somebody is going to sign Miller and have a field day with him.
    Lynch is retiring, so maybe Seattle, Cowboys are mentioned, Broncos….the Jets may lose Ivory in FA, then turn around & feel money better spent on Miller.
    I don’t like where this is headed should Miami fail to find a way to keep him.

If he was just another run of the mill RB, I’d say, cool, we got Ajayi.
    But Miller has low miles, is peaking in both the run & pass game….and he hasn’t even turned 25 yet.

Miller has a career 4.625 YPC rushing average & career 7.4 yds receiving & has accounted for an average of 1321 total yards each the past 2 ‘UNDERUSED’ seasons combining for 19 TD’s in 2 years.

Give him a 4 year deal $26M with $8M guaranteed, back load the rest & work that boy to death!

All these pics of Northern California on tv

It’s beautiful

I’m so jealous
    This is what I get look at in my backyard

Fuck you Jahn!

Unless he gives a hometown discount, Miller probably won’t be at a price where he’s worth keeping.

The thing about that is then some team will sign him and why? Because they see what we all know about him. The guy is very productive per touch. The problem is we didn’t use him nearly enough but some team will. Why not us with the new coaching staff?

On the flip side, I understand not making big investments in RBs because you can find them in a lot of ways. But I don’t see a lot of backs with Miller’s explosiveness.

I have a cousin who lives in San Francisco, bass player in a somewhat successful band. He says it feels like he’s living in Beirut with all the security etc for the game.

137. I swear
    I will never get this thing to work

138. Well 10 minutes later maybe it does work…
    I’m not Mehgan anymore 😉

Los Cachorros NCAAF ‏@CachorrosNCAAF 2h2 hours ago View translation
    XAVIEN HOWARD CB #4 Baylor Bears vs SMU (2015) via @draftbreakdown
    #nfldraft #ncaafesp

Piggy, yeah Kaufusi’s size and length allows him to trip QBs and RBs up in the backfield. His tape shows him doing that constantly. He’s also a nightmare in passing lanes and bats passes down. Guys like him are hard to shutdown because he has so many ways to beat you.

It’s oddly refreshing to see Tim actually try to sell a draft choice instead of tearing them down!

LOL 😉

Hey!!! I like a lot of prospects. I just get leery of people pushing guys up who may not have the frame and ability to do what they did in college at the next level.

I want to see our team get a little bigger and more imposing as opposed to the more finesse route we’ve gone in recent years. Adding Suh and Phillips were moves in the right direction and I think that will continue. We get beaten physically too often.

Bryan Perez ‏@BryanPerez_DB 3m3 minutes ago
    *NEW* on @draftbreakdown: Kevin Dodd (EDGE, #Clemson) vs. Louisville (2015): http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kevin-dodd-vs-louisville-2015/

Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith
    13kvFINS says:

February 6, 2016 at 12:30 am

Ya’know they suffered significant end of season bowl game knee injuries ??

——————————
    Yes, I know they are both hurt, but as long as they can recover fully I’m ok with it. I absolutely hate the recent draft choices we’ve had that came in hurt, we aren’t winning an SB next yr, so it’s easier to handle this yr.

And Damn the Fins for getting Gase to be head coach. I thought I was finally able to go into an offseason without thinking the team could be really good, then midway through the season they disappoint.

I would be ecstatic if spriggs was available in the 2nd!

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 12 (N.O.): Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (N.O.): Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (A)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Max Tuerk, C/OG, Southern California (B-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Dominique Alexander, ILB, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky (A)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: De’Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (B+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Aaron Green, RB, TCU (A+)

Tim, I like Kaufusi too, but why isn’t he playing TE? He could be the next Gronk. Since he played basketball, and played it well, he’s not a big stiff, like you might get with other guys his height.

BOW DOWN AND SING MY PRAISES!
    8: R1P8 DE SHAQ LAWSON CLEMSON
    42: R2P11 ILB KENTRELL BROTHERS MISSOURI
    73: R3P10 OLB JOSHUA PERRY OHIO STATE
    104: R4P9 TE NICK VANNETT OHIO STATE
    135: R5P8 CB ERIC MURRAY MINNESOTA
    168: R6P11 QB BRANDON DOUGHTY WESTERN KENTUCKY
    195: R7P6 OG JOE DAHL WASHINGTON STATE
    199: R7P10 CB DARYL WORLEY WEST VIRGINIA

I am picking up a couple of guards to compete in FA perhaps a starter as well as picking up a OT, Saftey and another CB or two and I am focusing on developing the second year players like McCane (CB), Lippet, Aikens, Phillips, Douglas, Turner, Vigil, Hewitt, etc.

Wyo, it’s all good. 🙂

February 7, 2016 at 1:28 pm (Edit)

I bet. What band?

I’ve listened to some of their stuff, not really my thing. But I admire him, he’s making a living with doing what he loves, rather than settling for a paycheck doing something he doesn’t. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fresh_%26_Onlys

149. 13kvFINS says:

On LMiller;
    I think that OV’s every-bit if not more important!!

But yea LMiller is like 3 years younger than all the other FARB’s while being every bit as capable and he’s only gonna get better… As suggested he’s got low mileage and also just 2 – 3 years older than the NFL unproven rookies that we might target on the drafts final day, (if we were to lose him)..

I think we need to keep him cuz we can’t go with just Ajayi, DWilliams and some high mileage guy/FARB that’ll be over 30 by the time the services rendered on LMillers new contract is half complete.. Nor (like LMiller) can we count on some 5th-plus rounder that isn’t likely to turn into Terrell Davis..

With that said, I luv the Miller/Ajayi combo but I think that Ajayi is more of the starter type while Miller is the better change-up while both are good at either or.. I’d like to get the most we can out of Ajayi before his degenerative bone on bone knee issues takes the spunk out of him which doesn’t mean that I want him to get more carries than Miller, just more carries on early downs that Ajayi’s power/spunk are better suited for..

Get 3-4 good years out of Ajayi, and Miller’s legs will still have relatively low mileage when 29 or so and approaching his third contract.. Ajayi’s basically free, so paying LMiller (whatever they hopefully decide to pay him) is like getting 2 for the price of 1, so dollars aren’t being wasted no matter who gets however many carries/touches.. JMHO’s : )) !!

GOFINS!!!

• 13kvFINS says:

“””Nor (((UNLIKE))) Miller, can we count on some 5th-plus rounder that isn’t likely to turn into Terrell Davis..”” Not sure how it should be stated (like/unlike), but what I’m trying to suggest is that LMiller CAN be counted on !! ; ))

Your score is: 5699 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 8: Jalen Ramsey, CB/FS, Florida State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 19 (ATL): Kentrell Brothers, ILB, Missouri (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (C+)
    Round 3 Pick 18 (ATL): Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (B-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Zack Sanchez, CB, Oklahoma (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Denver Kirkland, OG/OG, Arkansas (B-)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Cre’von LeBlanc, CB, Florida Atlantic (C+)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Cassanova McKinzy, ILB, Auburn (F)
    Round 7 Pick 10: David Morgan II, TE, Texas-San Antonio (A)

They didn’t like my emphasis on LB either

This draft is for you

195: R7P6
    OLB CURT MAGGITT
    TENNESSEE
    199: R7P10
    ILB ANTONIO LONGINO
    ARIZONA STATE

13kv, I would try to split Miller and Ajayi 15/15 with both catching 3-5 passes per game. I would utilize them as my bread and butter possession offense and then strike with my WRs. Then get the TEs involved and be really balanced.

Piggy, Hewitt and Vigil as UDFAs have already shown ability on STs and at LB. We need an impact guy to take the group to another level. Jenkins is a good LB to build around as well. He played on a high ankle sprain all year and that hampered his play. But go back to his 2014 season where he was really productive. He’ll be 24 next month.

• 13kvFINS says:

Luv Vigil while I think that Hewitt may be da’chitt/legit, and in week 17 we got (LB-U) Hull back to where he can’t be snatched-up off our PS while Jenkins/Misi are starting material if not good when 10 others are doin there job, and DanC was always adamantly suggesting that Shepherd was playing better/doin more than given credit for..

Think that ONE studly (preferably TRUE MLB) to take the place of ONE of the above couldn’t hurt !!

I want to add a good LB prospect in the draft to really elevate this group’s competition. Maybe add a 2nd tier FA vet LB to add to the competition and let it work itself out. I think we already have some good young LBs to build around.

Sheppard had a handful of really good games but he had some awful ones as well.

LOL @ 13kv

hopelesshoward says:
    February 7, 2016 at 1:10 pm
    I swear
    I will never get this thing to work

Well for fucksake, no wonder with a handle like that. 🙄

13kv, I like that point about Ajayi is essentially not costing much.
    So paying Millertime is like BOGO. Buy one get one free. 😀

• 13kvFINS says:

Actually 3 for 1 as DW is also on the extreme cheap !!
      After today without a LMiller contract on the books,
      our RB’s are getting paid just 1.02% of our total offensive cap !!
      According to CanAm’s piece over at the Shout ..

PAY MILLER & OV keep our own,
      we’re near the bottom at doin so/keeping our own draftee’s !!
      LM & OV are our own times three in growing up as Miamian’s and as Hurricanes/Dolphins !!

Panthers are near the top at keeping their own draftee’s and/or staying the course which has led to consistency throughout all units in the offices as well as on the field!!

GOFINS!!!

157. still having a hard time making this work
    I give up!
    See you guys next season

I’m kind of torn over who I want to win tonight. I’d like to see Peyton get one more SB and even things up with Eli. On the other hand, I have lots of friends who live in Charlotte who are Panther’s fans, one of them is at the game, so I’d like to see them get a win.

I’m rooting for Denver, I want the Dolphins fans here to finally evacuate the bowel of Cam Newton. It’s time. lol

The Panthers have played stress free ball all year. Make them have to overcome tough 3rd downs etc. If they convert tip your hat.

Keys to the game:
      Denver – Keep the game manageable and win it in the 4th quarter.
      Carolina – Get off to a fast start and take the game over with the run game and opportunistic defense.

Who wins that battle?

160. thanks Herd
    I got wordpress down but I think its this crummy old PC that takes forever for anything to go through.
    Then the page jumps around for about 10 minutes every time I post or refresh.
    The wifes son brought us an old laptop for his sister college class but the wireless dont work. I got the blog just barely with an eathernet cord but its to late now to mess with that now.
    Enjoy the game and I am still here

161. MikeE
    I’m rooting for Denver Too. Screw Cam Newton, thinks he’s hot shit!
    GO MANNING!!!

GO DONKEYS!

Broncos need to contain Cam, make him throw, make him make mistakes, and they can win this game.

Nice run blocking