2018 Season – Game 10 – Dolphins @ Packers

I was watching Good Morning Football this morning on NFLN, and after showing highlights of the Panthers vs Bucs (42-28), and Saints vs Rams (45-35), yeah, it looks pretty wrong seeing 13-6, Dolphins over Jets.  Kay Adams and Kyle Brandt presented it as a good ole 1990’s defensive struggle, a throwback.  They got it all wrong, this wasn’t a defensive struggle, it was an offensive struggle.  Jets rookie QB Sam Darnold didn’t get the memo that his team was wearing the white jerseys, because he threw better passes to the dark jerseys than he did to the white jerseys.  If you want to credit our pass rush, which actually existed yesterday, feel free to do so.  On our side, we couldn’t block (run or pass), we got one defensive TD and two FG’s.  Light it up!

I’m not singling anyone out here, but our O-line play was just terrible, and of course as per usghe, injuries were the reason for this.  Both tackles missed time in this game forcing Zach Sterup to man both the RT spot when James was hurt, and then slide over to the LT spot when James came back in and Laremy Tunsil got hurt.  So now Brock Osweiler, who I will say has better pocket awareness than Ryan Tannehill has ever had, has no pocket awareness because players were on him in 1 second or less.  Our O-line isn’t good with all our starters in there, but subtract one of our tackles, who are our 2 best OL, Tunsil #1, James #2, it really goes downhill.

I don’t want to knock the optimists here, because it’s wonderful that fans can still believe we’re in this, but I laugh inside  (a sad laugh) when fans say “Oh, not good, the Chargers won, gonna be tough to catch them”.  From what I have seen this year, we don’t belong on the same field as the Chargers, they score 28 PPG, and we’ve scored more just once this year, in OT, and never more in regulation.  We’ve had injuries, but we still have Devante Parker, Kenny Stills, Jakeem Grant, David Amendola, and Mike Gesicki.  We have Frank Gore and Kenyan Drake, a formidable 1-2 punch, yet our offense is putrid.  Yeah, we’re 5-4, easily the worst 5-4 team in the NFL.  We’re the only 5-4 team.

My guess is we’re probably going to have Brock Osweiler as QB one more time as we hit the BYE week, and then after the BYE, it will be Ryan Tannehill’s team once again.  We travel this week to Wisconsin to take on the Packers in their house.  This is an angry Pack team, having lost to the Patriots in Foxboro.  Anyone know who the OC is for GB?  Tee-hee, it’s Joe Philbin.  Not even kidding.  Possibly, this explains how the GB Packers are only scoring 24 PPG, just a few more than our Dolphins.  Hey, is it bad that Saints WR Michael Thomas accounted for more yardage and scoring by himself with 211 yards and 1 TD, while we accumulated as a team 203 yards and no TD’s?

It’s easy for Belichick to do whatever he wants, he’s beyond reproach at this point, no one questions the master.  How smart does he look using Cordarrelle Patterson as a RB?  Can we get some of that ingenuity from our offensive genius Adam Gase?  Don’t bet on it.    I wish he would read this and it would inspire him, but I won’t bet on that either!  I wish something would inspire him, maybe keeping his job, something like that.

I know Toba, Bookman and ER are attending the GB game, I hope they enjoy and I hope our team gives them a great game to watch and a Dolphins victory!  Enjoy fellas, way to represent!

2,251 Responses to 2018 Season – Game 10 – Dolphins @ Packers

If Tannehill hit FA, he wouldn’t be unemployed long.

Stanger – Yes, I am a hardcore 2nd Amendment guy. I believe it is the only thing that ensures all,of the other amendments. As for the NRA, they’re the lefts bogeyman. They have not been relevant for a long time and have been losing money for years. To the point that they have been laying people off pretty regularly.

Left’s bogeyman for real solid reasons on that issue. Those guys are so very, very good. Not surprised they are having to lay people off though. Less threat to the base 2nd amend stuff than any time during my lifetime. From a funding standpoint, best thing for the NRA would have been the DC handgun case going the other way, Hillary as Pres and two new Ginsbergs on the high 9 instead of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

I know Mike. I was just rubbing some salt in our proverbial wounds.

It’s rather funny how all here have Tannehill out the door and we’re drafting a QB next year, The problem is I don’t think the people that make those decisions would agree.

I highly doubt any of that happens next year, Gase has his QBs, he seems to lean towards veterans at that position.

They will fill needs in Fa and the draft and it doesn’t appear they think the QB position is a position of need.

ORob,
    No fairly new HC who’s job may already be in jeopardy wants to go with a rookie draftee at QB. Plus, Gase’ reputation is based on his supposed history of helping QBs win. So, why on Earth would he ever want to get rid of a veteran QB he hitched his wagon to who he thinks can, at least, get him 8-9 wins a year and possibly keep him employed? If he goes away from Tannehill, he may never get another HC job in this league, and his made up reputation of developing QBs is gone. Gase really has no choice than to stick with Tannehill.
    ***
    Besides, he’s supported several players who he cut or let go later on.

^

And that’s why Gase will fail.

I think its just the opposite, when he took the job it was something he told them he could do, work with the guy that they had already designed the contract to get rid of, so the FO isnt sold on Gase, but Gase told them that he thought he could make the Tanny situation work. All he has to do is admit it hasn’t worked out, they we skeptical in the first place otherwise the last contract wouldn’t have been structured that way and this contract wouldn’t have been structured as it is to give them a somewhat manageable out this next year.The easiest way to buy himself another year is to tell them that he gave it his best, it didnt work out and that he can deliver with a rookie. That will buy him 2 more years of time (an it would be the end of his contract with no buyout needed to fire him (Gase)). IMO it makes a ton more sense that if Gase wants to save his job, moving on is his best chance.

If Tannehill his FA, he wont be getting paid 26mil next year either. Sure he’s employable, but so are a bunch of other QB’s how cant be starters.

The point isnt anything about the 13mil dead money, its the 13mil savings and yes we can get a guy who would give us at least what we get from Tanny for less than 13mil. We could get and upgrade and placeholder for 7-10 mil. thats 3-7mil in savings counting the dead money hit. We dont benefit one bit from retaining Tanny without we get him to reduce his cap him to 6-10mil. Id be completely OK keeping him at that rate, but i still think we could do better. We wouldn’t have to worry about system adjustment, but i think thats an overblown thing anyways. QB’s do it all the time, especially the journeyman type that we would be looking for for next year.

The stuff about Gase not wanting to risk that doesnt really hold water either because business men look more forward than just the next year. If the plan was to move on to another QB, you can guarantee they would basically give Gase a free pass on next year anyways so he wouldn’t be worrying over that. If he sticks with Tanny and that 26mil contract, he has a much more likelihood to not get another year than if he doesn’t.

Im not saying i think Tanny will or wont be here next year, but i am saying him being here next year with a 26mil total cap hit, would be a big mistake. Other people have to make those decisions but i dont have to say its the right or the smart decision if he does.

Also i dont know if you guys are thinking playoffs next year, but we wont be there with our without Tanny, so if you are thinking that keeping Tanny means we can push for the playoffs next year, you are really just lying to yourselves.

Terrible what happened in Cali. So sad.

Its apparently a popular place for several surrounding colleges so it was pretty packed. I also read that the place is supposed top have pretty good security too, comparatively speaking to other clubs in the area. He just walked straight up, took out the door girl, went in and took out the security guy, and then just waded in to the patrons. A cop was killed a the first responder and they said he got shot multiple times right after he went inside..45 caliber pistol, extended mag, and he also went through it and reloaded a time or two.

I think there are probably 3 specific matters (probably MORE) that people aren’t going to change their minds on…

1) Abortion
    2) #2A
    3) Death penalty

So why bother getting into these to begin with, on this blog? These are DIVISIVE issues.

I agree that they are things that people have strong feelings about, but i dont think they are divisive unless you let them be. These are opinions, sometimes based on faith but many time just on a person personal code of ethics.

Religion can be a veru divisive thing, but the divisiveness is usually about dogma of the religion, not so much about the ethics of it. Many people, even those who are atheist have a moral code and its usually pretty close to the same one that religious people have. Differeing religious groups generally share the same moral coade, its just the application/rules of those codes that are different.

I also think abortion is outside political affiliation as well, or i like to believe it is. If politics tells you what life is important and what isnt, then i question that persons heart. You shouldn’t have to be told by a people with the same political affiliation as you, which stance on which life to value you are on.

Whatever came of the Amerson visit, and did we even kick the tires on Irvin? I saw he is back with Quinn for the Falcons but i was kind of hoping he would at least visit with us and let us see if he would be worth signing.

M134 i think those issues are just no win issues because no one is going to flip their opinion on those subjects because they are too core to their personal beliefs. They can be discussed all day, and people who dont let them be will not be divided by those issues, but again, the point would be why start the argument about them, since there wont be any change in beliefs. I dont think though there is any real harm in discussing them.

Whoa, sorry i gave you an extra digit there. Typo

We are all different, but I actually really enjoy discussing such topics. I’ll fight over facts to the death and way too long, but always come into such talks with the thought of “why does this person feel so differently from me” and see it as a chance to learn. Don’t see it as a whose right thing. More an opportunity for understanding where the other person is coming from.

LOL, but your opinion certainly will remain the same (not just YOU, Stanger).

It’s a futile effort in all but like 1% of those who don’t have convictions.

So why poke the bear?

Cause am not trying to change opinions as if there was any ever chance, but see it as a chance to learn where the other person is coming from. Long ago gave up on my words would cause someone to flip a switch to what I think.

Phelon – FTR – I have changed my mind on him quite a few times, but I think at some point this season, maybe a few weeks ago, that it’s time to move on

I changed my mind on him a few times too, but it was a gradual change, like i said i was as locked into an optimistic/Tanny lover stance as anyone could be early on, ut there was a point at which i started holding him accountable for some of the things that he did wrong and not excusing it as caused by someone else. From that point my opinion of him began to slide to the point to where im just like, nope, thats enough for me.

ElephantRider says:
    November 8, 2018 at 5:12 pm
    He was notified of a certain stalker and immediately left town. 🙂
    —————–
    😆

November 8, 2018 at 5:42 pm
    ——————
    Does it serve you in any way, shape, or form where another is politically coming from, I’d ask? I think it should NOT! So long as we’re all Phins fans, it matters NOT! Right?

I at least think it serves me. But remember my job used to be politics. Maybe just still a hobby for me like the Phins are.

I’m NOT trying to be harsh on ya, my MAN! I’m just sayin…

Don’t get you trying to harsh on me at all. Just explaining where I am coming from. But you are absolutely right there are a bunch of topics to tread lightly about.

Something did not know….. and assume it means Stills is ready to start.
    ————–
    Wide receiver Kenny Stills will play at Lambeau Field for the first time in his career Sunday. Stills’ father, Ken Stills, was a defensive back in the NFL for six seasons (1985-90) and the first five of those came with the Green Bay Packers.

“It’s exciting,” Stills said Thursday. “My pops played for the Packers for five years. It’s going to be pretty cool for me to go there. I know he’ll be there this weekend with my little brothers and stuff. I’m excited. It’ll be a big game for us.”

As it turns out, Lambeau Field is one of only three NFL stadiums in which Stills hasn’t played a game.

22. ElephantRider says:

I’ve also changed my stance on RT17…back and forth.
    I’m firmly now ready to move on. Hes the best QB on the roster but that’s not saying much.

I’d be fine if hes here next year as long as they bring in another youngin to go with Falk. Maybe even 2 more….

I’ve never changed my opinion on Tanny

He is the same QB he was at A&M.

Stranger – Keep on being open to discussion. We’re not in a debate group that looks to change minds. But we can all learn something and maybe get a little understanding of someone else’s position. Unless they’re socialist.

LOL, I think you just STRUCK at a certain % on this board, Phelon.

I’m trying to UNITE us PHIN FANS, as opposed to destroying our collective fandom via politics.

Well I sure as heck ain’t a socialist. So should work. Discussion helps all involved….. preaching not so much.

I think Gase will be here for a least another year. That wasn’t my point. It hurts his reputation and possibly future as a HC for him to say he isn’t behind Tannehill. That screams that he screwed up and couldn’t get him to the next level and maybe he isn’t a QB/offensive wizard. He is never going to admit Tanny isn’t the real deal and his guy because it reflects directly on him. Now, if it just so happpens that the narrative changes to Tanny being injured and a health risk….well…then, it wasn’t Gase who screwed up, was it?

My take on Tannehill now is he has become unreliable. Whether the injuries were freak and unfortunate he’s missed and missing a lot of games. Also his last two games not being good ones doesn’t help his status. We’ll see what happens the rest of the season and how the team views him and his big salary in 2019. But I would not be surprised if the entire QB depth chart changes next year.

M13,
    I’m still torn on Gase. There are things I like and things I don’t, but he is still a new coach. I get that. He can still get better. I just wish we’d seen more “better” by now. That said, he tied himself to Tanny, and he can’t go back now. Frankly, I would be pissed at him if he didn’t stand behind his QB. I expect it from him. I see no way it helps his reputation to admit he was either wrong on Tannehill all along or seen as the coach who was hired to take him to the next level but couldn’t. Not good either way for him, professionally.

Tannhill’s shoulder apparently being worse than originally thought gives Gase an out. He can make the case I’m not sure we can rely on him anymore and need to bring in competition. That could be another vet next year, a draft pick, possibly Osweiler and Falk all competing.

I’m sure there are going to be a lot of discussions about it in the offseason before the bonuses kick in and he’s on the books. Gase’s job is for the betterment of the entire football team, not loyalty to one player and a QB he believed in but can’t rely on anymore. That’s where the NFL is a tough business comes in.

Seems I was pocket dialing Festers today. Sorry Mike E and Sonny.

Soooo, just so I have this straight, tribalism is a term that shouldn’t be used because it may be belittling to some but apparently a term like retarded is fine and dandy?

Absolutely unbelievable.

I hesitate to call Tanny an injury risk because he’s had some rough luck, but at this point he simply isn’t on the field enough. I think it would be irresponsible of the team to not address the QB situation in some way. Osweiler is not the future, and he’s an average backup too. I see no reason to keep him around either unless you just want a cheap placeholder. I think they really have to do something….even if they keep Tanny.

I think they will. Luke Falk is a dark horse because he does have traits scouts like and Gase has said he likes a lot about his game. But like many QBs who get drafted late or go undrafted they obviously have limitations.

Was just listening to Mike Francesa the other day and the subject came up that he personally knows one of the sports doctors (who did and maybe still does) who gives physicals and assessments on draft prospects. He said that doctor told him Tom Brady was the worst physical specimen he’d ever evaluated and could not imagine how this guy would survive in this league. But Brady worked his ass off in every way possible to improve his mobility, arm strength, mechanics, all of it. The competitor in him pushed his limited natural physical ability to another level and that along with his game smarts is the guy we know now. So you never know where that next guy will come from.

The ironic thing about Luke Falk is he was drafted the same round by the Titans 6th rd and the same #199 as Brady. LOL

pheloniusphish says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:05 pm

Rock – Your first point is correct, and especially so with veterans. The culture is suck it up buttercup, so they rarely willingly seek help. Your other two points are wrong

Phelon, I’m not just talking about violet crime and mental illness. There is a huge population of homeless people that have severe mental health issues but cannot or will not pay for it or have family that will. That is well documented. I’m not saying necessarily that the shooter today is of this group. There a lot of homeless that should be in mental heath facilities, but there are very few to no state run facilities left anymore. (Whether asylums were beneficial is a whole other argument. ) But society as a whole in the USA has / is failing the mentally ill.

You guys realize that Tannehill already has the 13 million in dead money? that’s why it’s deat? you get that right? He already has the money in his account guys, it is bonus that is prorated over the length of the contract extension he did last year to free up cap for the team. His pay next year is 13 mil.

Just a friendly reminder from someone who has worked with the seriously mentally ill and the homeless for 30 years, the individuals I’ve worked with find it extremely insulting and harmful to simply be lumped in with the individuals who commit these horrific crimes as if all mentally ill people are the same and are risks to do something of this nature. It also perpetuates the stigma of the mentally ill as being “dangerous” and suggests they are “these people” who could blow up at any minute and kill us all. It simply is not the truth…and paints a whole lot of very wonderful people with an extremely broad and vicious brush. It can be very damaging, and I have seen that damage first hand. I have had clients tormented by having to answer questions from family, friends, coworkers or even employers who know they suffer from mental illness and expect them to somehow explain how someone could do something like that…..or worse yet….ask them if that is something they could or would ever do simply because they have a mental illness. It is extremely shaming and very stigmatizing.
    ****
    I’m not preaching…I hope….just sharing what it’s like for those groups of people…..whose lives are typically already extremely shaming and difficult…..no offense intended towards anyone.

I think that stems from anyone who has decided to kill innocent people has mental issues. Not meaning they are all the same.

Not all mentally Ill are mass murderers but all mass murderers are mentally ill

I am in middle of jury selection so I have not been on much this week. However I did have a significant medical exam this week including a PET scan and I wanted to share with my fellow mobsters that it came back clean. No sign of the tumor. Now back to trial prep

Great news Hulk!! Very happy to hear that!

Should be a good game tonight, despite the fact that TNF blows chunk!

Great to hear Ken!
    Don’t worry they will eventually ask that question that will get you kicked off the Jury!

Thanks for all the well wishes

Ken, you being a lawyer I’m surprised you’re still there. No lawyers want a lawyer as a juror or do they? I got kicked off immediately one time for being in marketing and advertising. The seat wasn’t even warm yet and I was out. LOL

41. Krishna says:

Ken, that’s awesome! We just got back from Mayo yesterday with equally good news as all tests results show continued improvement. Cautiously very happy.

Great news Ken!

Great news Krishna!

Glad to hear Krishna! That’s excellent!!

Krishna and Ken glad to hear good news for both of you and your families.
    One for the good guys!

Great news for both Ken and Mrs Krishna. That’s a true win win in my book.

• Krishna says:

Thank you all! I will pass these wishes on to Mrs. Krishna. We firmly believe in the butterfly effect and welcome its power.

47. Krishna says:

With no disrespect to Herd, the above comment was meant for all…..not sure how I it got captured.

We are grateful.

Son what up with your boy?
    He looks like Fig Newton not Superman??????

Crash Jenson is on FB saying Cam looks hungover.
      Ben is chucking it tonight something we need to do.

49. Krishna says:

Some of what I have been reading to catch up over the last few days gives me a sense of hope. If discussions, the sharing of ideas, while fiercely, but civilly, defending one’s position with reason, thoughtfulness, and humor by everyone on a Dolphin’s blog gives me pause.

I agree with stangerx….the dialogue enriches my understanding and makes me look at a position from a perspective I may never considered. …I learn.

Therefore, i don’t believe we must stay stuck in our tribe….especially politically in two. Their’s too much diversity….and so many solutions.

It starts with healthy disourse. Kudos to this blog!

Randy – PTSD/ mental illness/ whatever is no excuse for what the asshat in SoCal did. Doesn’t matter that he was a Marine or a that he served in Afghanistan. He woke up and decided to be evil. Fuck him.

KEN and Mrs. Krishna keep on rockin’

Good to hear, Krishna.

mf13ss says:
    November 8, 2018 at 6:21 pm
    LOL, I think you just STRUCK at a certain % on this board, Phelon.

——————————
    How’s that? We’re discussing current events. Civilly. Unless you are a socialist. I have no use for socialist.

And why do you put some words in all caps? Very annoying.

54. ElephantRider says:

Great to hear Ken!

Also great to hear Krishna!

I’m glad to hear good news for both Ken and Krishna. Nothing better than to hear healthy news.

FYI Wisconsin festers

SUPER NEWS FOR KEN AND MRS. KRISHNA!!
    Maybe there’s still hope for the Fins this Sunday in Green Bay??

1-4″ of snow up here today. 38 degrees and possible snow showers on Sunday.

So painfully obvious that we need to draft a QB. Even if Tannehill was on the Steelers now, he doesn’t have that DNA, he’s a careful guy, he’s not made for this high scoring air it out league. Osweiler isn’t good enough either. Must draft a QB

• pheloniusphish says:

The question is who? Is there a rising QB who is worth a ransom to trade up for? Do you wait and take one later?

I always skeptical about trading up

Even more so – trading up for QBs

Everyone is saying Herbert (Oregon) is the top QB
        I also hear ramblings about Lock (Missouri) Greir (WV) Finley (NC State) and Stidham (auburn) Haskins (Ohio state) and Patterson (Michigan) & Browning (Washington)

Everyone will have an opinion on who is 1st round worthy if you ask in November – and you will get a lot of different responses

But come March or April – it will be a little clearer whether some one is worth investing in with a trade up or even a first rounder at all

Honestly – I don’t think it would be crazy to take OL or pass rusher in the first and take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd with an eye at taking a QB again early on 2020 and having those guys compete with each other

You need a solid starter and a Solid backup

The last couple of years Osweiler and Cutler have been our #2 – yuk

November 8, 2018 at 3:47 pm
    €£¥$______€¥£$_________€¥£$
    Man, I am glad I didn’t read this last night. That last sentence is the stuff of nightmares!

Phelon – Doesn’t have to be 1st RD, just identify a guy who has “it”, a gunslinger with arm talent. Game managers, at least in the current NFL are lost.

for Tannehills huge salary, he’s the 17th highest paid QB.

Legal or no?

For today

And just today, can you guys call me

“Piggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

Make sure you get the write number of “e”s too

Since when has Tannehill been a careful guy?

Mike – I think it’s more the play calling than RT’s abilities.

Phelon, was there ever a time during Tannehill’s tenure you looked at him as a gunslinger?

• pheloniusphish says:

No, but then was ever allowed to be? Let’s face it….it’s not like Miami has had anything but cautious coaches during RT’s time.

SB – careful as in reluctant to take chances throwing the ball past 10 yards

Gase has decided he wants a dink and dunk, “get the ball in the hands of playmakers” offense in hopes they will break off a big play. And occasionally they do, but that’s no way to consistently score lots of points. And too much of Gase’s dink and dunk is too close to the line of scrimmage. To Gase, intermediate routes are 5-yards deep, not 10-15.

• ocalarob says:

i doubt that’s the case this week, osweiller said he’s going to have to pull out all the stops to keep pace with rodgers.

Well, then Gase will need to be fired, so he can dink and dunk somewhere else. Ball must be thrown past 10 freaking yards!

not sure why we are having a tannehill debate, he was 3-2 this year and the 2 games that were lost were on the ol playcalling and defense.

i can guarantee one thing, he will be on this team for the rest of this year.

and if he does play again this year we should wait till seasons end to judge him.

i don’t see him as injury prone, it was a freak thing in cincy and he was trying to make a play.

Rob – you’re killing me!

I can’t find it now, which is pissing me off, but I just read an article that was not Dolphins centric but was talking about quarterback needy teams and how they are screwed because there are no franchise level QB’s going to be available in the 2019 draft.

• pheloniusphish says:

Something pissing Rock off!?! Say it ain’t so!

but then again they said the same thing the year Alex Smith was taken #1 overall and we picked Ronnie Brown #2 overall and Green bay picked Aaron Rogers #24 overall……

I’m not saying there are

I don’t know

But I’m saying that statement has been said before in years past – or the opposite, and it has never been reliable

I actually like this year’s prospects better than last year
      But last year I was told through most outlets it was a good year for QBs

The year that was predicted to be the best in recent years gave us Luck, RG3, Tannehill and Weeden in the first round

And the lesser QBs taken later: Wilson and Cousins may actually be closer to the franchise QBs

People miss this mark all the time

I’m not saying that reading reports and analysis is not productive – it is

But predicting a “franchise QB” is a tough one to make and more often than not – wrong

You can predict who has the talent and skill set to succeed in the nfl though

So forget about predicting who is the next franchise
      And instead look at the measurables and take the plunge of you need to

• pheloniusphish says:

Let’s not forget the year they passed on drafting Drew Brees, then passed on him again in FA.

Agreed dink and dunk is not going to get it done this week.

wyoming85 says:
    November 8, 2018 at 6:02 pm

I’ve never changed my opinion on Tanny

He is the same WR he was at A&M.
    ———————————————-
    There i fixed it for ya.

Also as an alternate plan we could drop his pau to 8mil a year and play him at WR, i mean its not like he isnt use to getting hit.

the key to beating greenbay is with burke and his defense, we cant let wrs run free like we did in houston

herdfan says:
    November 8, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Absolutely unbelievable.
    ———————————————-
    For the record im from the south so i am pro tribalism and retardation 🙂

the key to drafting a qb is accuracy, you search for the most accurate passer in the draft, the rest is easy.

• pheloniusphish says:

And arm strength, because you can’t teach it.

Falk was very accurate at Washington and we picked him up on waivers

I think accuracy is one of the most important attributes
      But, the numbers can be skewed by dink and dunk offenses that can be very productive in college

However – if QB is not accurate, it’s a big red flag to me

So I’m careful to praise accurate QBs in college too much
      But I really hate inaccurate ones

Tannehill has played like this for so long, I don’t think that all of a sudden he can be a different guy. Very possible his coaches have ruined him, but ruined he is.

I agree with Piggi

Yep, spy him with Baker. Although Kiko might be better. He’s fast enough and a better tackler.

Rockphin says:
    November 8, 2018 at 6:53 pm

pheloniusphish says:
    November 8, 2018 at 12:05 pm

——————————————-
    IMO mental illness is something that while a burden economically to address should be budjeted for and offered as a free service. We should make some room to treat those that are in this spot for several reasons.

The upfront cost isnt as significant as the long term cost of not treating them. As Rock said many of the mentally ill find themselves unable to maintain a job, therefore an income and therefore wind up homeless. Homless are destitute with backs against the wall so crime is a natural progression in their life, even if the crime is petty vagrancy. Think of the man hours of the police dealing with this issue. Think of the property damage and falling property values. Think about the victims of the crimes.Obviously its not just the homeless its othesr still contributing members of society that also unable to manage their issues and maybe too proud or unable to seek medical attention,

if it were free and confidential maybe more come forward for help. There is no way you can say that the cost of treatment for these people outweights the lives lost, or the crime that coule be prevented, or the loss of productive members of society. Short term year it is going to look hella expensive, but look at the friggin big picture, this is going to save tons in the long run.

• pheloniusphish says:

I’ll let Randy speak to the potential for the mentally ill to voluntarily submit themselves for treatment. I’ll just say that there currently exists a lot of free and confidential options. They are just under-utilized. As for treatment facilities, are we talking involuntary commitals? Not that I necessarily disagree with that, but it does run counter to most of our constitutional rights. And the asylum/treatment facility has been abused in the past. One of the reasons they have mostly gone away is that they are sometimes, at least seemingly, inhumane. And mental illness is not something that can “cured.” Treated, yes, but that is a lifetime endeavor.

As for homelessness, to try to pin it to one cause is futile. I would say a lot, if not most, is caused by substance abuse. Now you may consider that a mental illness or bad life decisions. I don’t know.

If we spy Rodgers, make sure the guy can disrupt the pass like Jamal Adams did last week. Be was in the passing lane a s deflected at least 3 throws

I think accuracy is a refinable talent. If there is a guy who is accurate but not as accurate as you want for NFL, i dont see that as a n issue that cane be resolved. A lot of ime that accuracy issue is a mechanics issue. Being able to diagnose a defense, is important and its a hard skill to teach so being more developed in that way to me is a puls. Arm strength is a big thing because Phelon said, it cant be taught and it really cant be improved on. Pocket awareness is another thing that is very difficult to teach, so having some natural ability there is important. To me i look at a QB as set of weighted pluses and minuses, but im not really down on any one of the guys unless they severely lack in one of the more important natural ability ones because thats going to really limit the QB’s ceiling and its going to make the road to competitive a lot steeper slope.

It can probably be taught

But ho many teachers have tried to teach something that the pupil rejects
      Couple years into college the average blue chip prospect has heard it all already

If they are still inaccurate – it might be a bigger issue

D says:
    November 9, 2018 at 9:46 am

I see probably 3 guys that i feel strongly could become franchise level QB’s in this next draft and one dark horse guy that i have had my eye on since his freshman year in college.

ocalarob says:
    November 9, 2018 at 9:18 am
    i was thinking “pork chop”

I’m going with “Squigglydick”

Phelon I guess they didn’t believe the “cold dead hand” comments?

• pheloniusphish says:

Yeah, the socialist state of Maryland fucked that up to a fare thee well.

Or they just accepted the terms of his reply.

• pheloniusphish says:

They went totally Krystallnacht on him. Showed up banging on his door in the wee hours of the morning. All on the word of an extended relative.

I wasn’t necessarily speaking to his reply. As I was to the gun owners as a groups reply!
        It is a good strategy though.
        Pit 2 of your hated foes against each other!

I just think you can’t predict HOFers, record breakers or franchise QBs

But you can predict who has the tools to succeed

drew brees doesn’t have great arm strength, but he is accurate, Jeff George had arm strength so did ryan leaf, out of those three who do you take?

• pheloniusphish says:

JaMarcus Russel anyone?

IMO thats a big difference in the two. Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Jeff George all had one thing in common. Egotistical lazy guys who got by on talent and talent only. They were accurate in college. Tebow was a 67% passer in college.

Drew Brees arm strength is pretty good too though. Its not a on or the other thing. They are both important.

i take accuracy above all other standards when deciding on a QB, it’s the hard part of throwing a football, most starting college qbs have decent arm strength anyway.

look at the jets qb, he threw a lot of picks in college and is now leading the nfl in that category.

he has an accuracy problem

Accuracy coming out of college doesnt necessarily lead to accuracy in the NFL. I have seen guys go from 50%’er in college to 65+ in the NFL and vice versa. Its all about taking the coaching and putting it to work. I dont care what their attributes are in college, you cannot predict what kind of guy they will be in the pro’s.

Drew Brees himself was barely a 60% passer in college, but he is a 68% passer in the pro’s.

• ocalarob says:

it’s a crap shoot anyway, you have to try to increase your odds by a certain protocol, what is that protocol? to me it’s accuracy, it’s the hardest part of the position, leading a guy on a pass and being accurate takes skill. arm strength is more of a miniscule factor because there’s not a lot of difference in college qbs today.

are you going to draft a qb who has a little better arm strength but has a 10% less accuracy rating than the other guy?

which guy do you draft?

when the draft rolls around look at the accuracy of all the prospects, the one with the best accuracy is the one who will make it in the nfl

• pheloniusphish says:

Baker Mayfield. He will be fine, even in Cleveland..

Its not just one thing, there are a lot of intangible stuff too. Accuracy isnt the end all be all, neither is arm. The accuracy issue might be mechanics too which means they can be improved on. I dont disagree its an important stat but i dont think it tells you the success of the QB in the NFL

November 9, 2018 at 9:13 am
    SB – careful as in reluctant to take chances throwing the ball past 10 yards
    ___
    I’ve never seen Tannehill be this way unless he was coached to be

SB – Really? When you think of Tannehill, you think of a gunslinger who uses the whole field, and doesn’t focus on short, high percentage passes? He did it with Bess, and then Landry became his guy. If it really is coaching, then we need a new QB and a new HC. It’s also possible that coaches think Tannehill is limited, and play to his strengths

There have been multiple HC’s and OC’s across that period you are talking about.

• sb7mvp says:

When he’s allowed to do so he does it. Why has Kenny Stills had such success and healthy a Devante Parker? When Tannehill first started he didn’t have any deep threats to throw to and that was the game he was forced to play, then he had Wallace who refused to get on the same page and couldn’t trust. Then Gase came and opened up the offense somewhat, but would rather get the ball into the hands of playmakers and let them do the rest. Tannehill is limited, but the coaches definitely aren’t playing to his strengths. We aren’t even playing to the strengths of the team. We have several talented running backs and fail to use them properly on a consistent basis. That’s why we aren’t consistently successful no matter the QB. This offense is a combination of a few things, which have little to do with the limitations of Tannehill.

A) Gase’s play calling overall
      C) O-Line issues

D – That’s why I said coaches, not just coach.

I was adding to what you said. How can you blame it on coaching when several coaches with several different offensive schemes have made the same decision with him. Either he has never fit any of those schemes which means he is only oging to excel in a different one, or he is limited in a way that prevents them from utilizing him in that way. I do think SB’s things play into it, but i think there are limitations in him as well. The biggest i see is read progression. He doesnt not know how to look at the first read and judge if its likely by the way the CB is playing that WR that he will get open, go on to other reads to draw the safety off and then go back to the hot read. This limits his ability to help that play get open on the timing it is supposed to which is why he a lot of times doesn’t have the time to make that play because he wastes time staring that route down.

SB – How can we possibly know when he’s allowed to. Shoot, he has the ball, he can throw it wherever he wants, right?

• sb7mvp says:

not when the play call limits where he throws the ball.

Not buying it. Look at Mike Wallace’s stats. His 2 worst years as far as YPC average were here in MIA with Tannehill. I remember arguing on Wallace’s behalf that Tannehill couldn’t lead him properly, very often underthrew or overthrew him. That’s not on Wallace. He killed it with Ben in Pittsburgh. He also did better in Baltimore.

D says:
    November 9, 2018 at 9:58 am

Or they just accepted the terms of his reply.

pheloniusphish says:
    November 9, 2018 at 10:02 am

wyoming85 says:
    November 9, 2018 at 10:02 am

It is a good strategy though.
    Pit 2 of your hated foes against each other!
    —————————————-
    I was somewhat joking, but if you do say you are going to pry this gun from my cold dead hand, you might get someone that goes, ok if thats what it takes lol. I get your point about it going to come to some serious situations when and if they decided to take the guns from those that are hard core about keeping them, and i know you are right.

Thats a right that most people who care at all about it are extremely passionate about it. It also was a second amendment for a reason, meaning it was an important one to the men who founded this country and wanted to keep it free. I completely get it even though myself i am not a gun owner.

Leg 1 of Lambeau journey completed last night .. 1 of 3.5 hrs spent night driving in driving straight on snow 45 MPH in a 75 zone .. whose idea was this ?? 😂…

Bit of shopping in Fargo then highway to Minneapolis… at least it’s daytime from this point …

I don’t want to harp on this one point too much, but Adam Gase was asked about our O-Line (pass-pro) before camp opened. He stated that it will be just fine, that the QB will have the ball out of his hands in less than 2.x seconds.

This tells us that his dink-n-dunk Offense is by design and not accident. He could have used the Draft to upgrade the O-Line, but he did not feel the need to do so.

It’s kind of difficult to allow a receiver the time to run a deep route when the ball is coming out in under 2.x seconds. Thus, I believe it’s Gase who is at fault here. And it doesn’t seem to really matter who the QB is (Tannehill, Osweiler, Moore, Cutler, Fales, etc), they are all equally ineffective.

What’s more, we only have one WR over 6’1″: DeVante Parker. This Offense really is built for the dink-and-dunk.

Lastly, I really do believe that Gase designed this Offense to minimize and/or mask deficiencies with Tannehill’s game (pocket presence, perceived deep ball issues, progression/reads, etc). Yes, it has worked to a certain degree… but it’s also taking away some of Tannehill’s assets (scrambling ability, throwing on the run, the deep ball he DID develop in ’16, etc).

Everything has now been skewed by the injuries our starters have sustained on the O-Line, so it’s difficult to really know what this Offense could have done, firing on all cylinders. Nevertheless, I don’t think it would have been significantly better: it’s a design flaw, IMO.

I found this to be extremely interesting regarding Brock Osweiler. Now mind you, this was a study of his first 7 starts in Denver, and Gase had already moved on to become the OC of Da’ Bears.

Note how terrible his O-Line was, how he’s not dinking-and-dunking, and how much his footwork improved over the course (another shout out to my man ORob!). But also keep in mind, it didn’t work out for Osweiler in Houston: new coach, new teammates, new system, and he was paid $18M to deliver an $18M performance.

Tannehill is not even playing and may not the rest of the year. Yet he’s being discussed as if he has played the last 4 games and will play this Sunday. This guy is like crack for some of you. LOL

I think it’s more about Tannehill’s future with us… or possibly without us. I say he’s the best QB we’ve had since Dan the Man… but will Gase cut bait on Tanny after his rash of injury, coupled with a looming $26M ’19 season coming up?

Best QB since Marino is still Pennington, but then he came to us with a short shelf-life from the start. Penny is the guy who should get paid the most if a FA given the age difference though.

Yeah I know but it’s everyday people saying the same thing as if anything has changed. There will be plenty of time for it in the offseason when the decisions will be made one way or the other. We still have a season to play and we are still in the playoff hunt. I get nobody expects us to do anything special this season including me, but isn’t this why we are fans, to watch the games and root for the best until it’s over?

If we beat GB this Sunday things get very interesting. As long as the season is alive we might as well enjoy it. So many teams in the AFC are still close and week to week the standings can change. Even if we lose this Sunday, we’re still in the hunt. I’m looking at it as if we’re a dark horse until we’re a dead horse. LOL

pheloniusphish says:
    November 9, 2018 at 9:19 am
    Something pissing Rock off!?! Say it ain’t so!

Are you suggesting that I am easily angered?

Well that just pisses me off!

Dammit, wasn’t THIS year…..for about the 4th year in a row…..supposed to be Tanny’s “prove it” year? I don’t know how many more of those I can take! Lol

Iinjuries happen man….. especially when you decline on the ACL procedure that still has Adrian Peterson running wild.

Kind of hard for him to do that being out. This season wasn’t just all about him either. It was to erase the stink of the shit season last year. So far the stink isn’t completely gone. We still need more Febreze. LOL

To Mrs Krishna and our Hulk still coming off the radiation high…..

November 9, 2018 at 1:18 pm
    —————-
    In any given season? YES… I agree with ya, Stanger, on MR. Pennington. But I’m talking more about a long-tenured QB with Tannehill.

It wasn’t just Tannehill we were discussing, it was our offense with Gase. The more games I watch like last night’s game, it makes me wonder if could ever compete in a game like that with Gase. This leads of course to whether it’s the coach or the QB, but the numbers for all 3 are pretty darn similar. Does that further indict Gase, or has he just not had the right QB?

IMO, it’s Gase.

The Steelers ran mostly pass plays just like we do. The difference is their OL is playing at a very high level and they run it very well. And Big Ben is a future HOF QB.

Just being honest, I don’t care how well we run the ball, we’re NEVER putting up that many points here with Gase. We never go for the jugular, we never keep the throttle down, we never just explode on another team. I hate that’s the case, it’s so frustrating.

All good! I DO, after all, agree with ya on MR. Pennington. Sucks that his injuries forced him to retire from the NFL.

Injuries are part of the game. Part of proving your worth is staying on the field. Besides, even when he’s healthy, he’s just an average to slightly above average QB….and always will be. Continuous injuries will just make him less effective, if anything.

Randy,

I want to apologize to you if you felt my use of “retarded echo” offended you in any way yesterday. I quickly replied to the post, stating that I didn’t mean it the way it may have sounded. It’s an old cliche where I come from (and probably for most of y’all), and I meant nothing against the mentally challenged.

I think(?) most of y’all realize that I have special needs individuals in my fam, my blood brother has worked with mentally challenged individuals (I’ve got photos of us with many of them on holidays), and I meant nothing disparaging against these individuals.

I think(?) you understood the cliche, hence no blow-back from you. Nevertheless, I apologize to you, Bro.

pheloniusphish says:
      November 9, 2018 at 9:52 am

——————————————
      IMO you dont catch all the fish in the sea casting your net, but if you dont cast it, you dont catch anything. If its available, some will take advantage of it and thats hopefully one less nut job who grabs a gun and goes into a bar and kills 12 people.

I do get you cant cure all emotional/mental issues, but you can keep a majority of things manageable with the right combination of meds and therapy. Still thats what they need start trending in the right direction instead of continuing to slip into the abyss.

I understand and agree homelss situations arent always from mental instability, but i do think there is a large majority of it that stems from some sort of emotional or mental issue, and yeah i do consider drug addiction to be a mental issue. People who are completely healthy mentally or emotionall would not let them selves go that far. It might not be apparent to the outside world what issue they have, but they turned to drugs for a reason and they stayed on them to escape from something, so inhernetly i think thats is an emotional or mental issue.

I’m looking at it as if we’re a dark horse until we’re a dead horse. LOL

Funny

I look at us like we’re a dead horse, until we somehow get re-animated. lol

Mike, the Steelers are loaded on offense. They are better than we are at every position. Maybe not RB but their OL is superior so their running game is also superior.

Didn’t Gase do that sort of thing in Denver? Yes I know it was Peyton. But the Steelers have Big Ben too. Did anyone know who their OC Randy Fichtner even was? It’s the overall talent. That game was easy for Big Ben. Guys were wide open all over the place and he time. We don’t get wide open all over the place and our QBs don’t always have time. There is only so much a coach can do with what he has to work with.

How are we suppose to go for the jugular and keep the throttle down when we can’t even get to that point? Our offense isn’t good for a lot of reasons. We have some good skill players but as an offense we’re not where we need to be. Comparing us to the Steelers is a big leap.

I’ll say it again and again, it’s about talent and execution, not play calls. When the first two are there, nobody focuses on the play calls because they produce.

Mr. E is such a negative nelly this year. Damn.

At a combined $20M per year for both of them, they better be.

Agreed! Unfortunately, we drafted neither of the two, so as to have them on their rookie contracts. SAD!

Neither guy is on their rookie contracts. Zeitler is in his 7th season and Botino his 5th. That’s extreme hindsight on your part. Zeitler was also drafted by the Bengals and they let him walk. Not sure why you think every top prospect should have been drafted by us. When you add up how many times you say this about multiple positions, we’re out of draft picks.

Zeitler went 27th in 2012 the year we drafted Tannehill 8th and don’t tell me would should have drafted him instead. Botino went 35th 2nd rd in 2014 when we drafted Landry 63rd. I also don’t remember how we ended up with such a low 2nd rd pick that year. Must have been some kind of trade.

IF we want Mike Gesicki to become a force in this Offense, we’ve GOT to allow our QB more than 2.x seconds to throw the ball, Gase.

D says:
    November 9, 2018 at 2:03 pm

pheloniusphish says:
    November 9, 2018 at 9:52 am

——————————————

M13,
    No worries, man. I’m not a big word police person. Besides, I wish I’d been labeled as retarded….ya basically got out of class most of the day. I’m what they called just plain stupid. Lol

Thank you kindly, sir! I appreciate that.

But what??? YOU, man, are NOT just plain stupid… joking or not! I’ve always held you in very high esteem and still do. Your football input is more appreciated than you may think, my man.

And your human side is MOST appreciated, SIR. You work in a field very similar to many of my fam and friends. It can sometimes be very unrewarding in terms of $$$ and benefits… but SOMEBODY has to do it. MAJOR props to you, MR. Randy, for what you do!

But as you very well know, the rewards don’t necessarily come from $$$ and benefits. To put a smile on someone’s face is very often REWARD ENOUGH! Love ya, Brother!

Mike,
    I’m not selling you anything.

You are supposed to apply the three no rule before you give up on the sale! Tell him about the free clock! What about the fruit of the month club, he still hasnt heard about that either!

Good, because I’m not interested! Wallace and Tanny were a two way street. They both had their issues, but Wallace did better everywhere else than here, and that’s a fact.

Mike, that’s not true about Wallace. He’s had arguably one better season in his last 4 seasons than he did in Miami. The most TDs he’s ever had in a season was 10, one in PIT and one in MIA.

November 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm

…This hindsight game you play could be done all day for every team. It seems to me you just keep trying to put a negative stamp on anything we do. This one was a real reach.
    —————-
    To be honest (always am), I didn’t realize that we’d have sacrificed Tanny for Zeitler, nor Landry for Bitonio… I didn’t dig that far into my statement, and you are 100% correct on this one, Tim. I thank you for your statement regarding Zeitler and Bitonio in the scope of this convo.

Tim, this is NOT dripping with sarcasm. I know a few here call me “cryptic” (why?), but I’m being serious on this. You’d KNOW when I’m being sarcastic, I promise.

You have to look at where guys went in the draft and how they were graded at the time. Then where they are now in their career. Hindsight is the easiest game to play. One could argue that if we took Botino in 2014 at #19 instead of James it would have panned out better. But even James was considered a bit of a reach for us and the way Ireland left the OL for Hickey he was kind of forced to do it. Botino probably would have been considered even more of a reach but it would have panned out because he’s a better guard than James is a tackle.

Until these draft prospects get into the league and play a few years, nobody really knows how any of them will pan out. Like they say, it’s not a prefect science.

With the way things work out for our OL it seems we could have drafted and signed all the best players and they’d all end up on IR. It’s maddening what goes on there. Now Larsen is doubtful this Sunday and Davis, Tunsil and James are still questionable. Can you imagine what our OL is going to look like if all 4 don’t play? Can we even field an OL and depth at this point? This is now becoming beyond absurd. 😦

For the love of Christ, Tim… I agreed with you on your former post! Pull it together, man!!! 🙂

Dude relax, I didn’t attack you here. I’m saying this for all of us. “You” meaning in a general “you” way. Then I went into some of our history and hindsight about what Hickey could have done. Then what we’re dealing with now. Nothing in this post was addressed to you personally.

Tim – Do you think the Bucs are loaded on offense? Do you think they have a great QB? 28.6PPG,

Do you think the Colts are loaded on offense? 28.9 PPG

The Colts undoubtedly have talent at QB, but I think they’re far from loaded on offense. Other teams get it done, just not us.

If Gase is tired of asking Tannehill if he’s healthy, I’m quadrupley tired of Charles Harris being out every game.

Tim, We originally had the 50th pick, we traded back with SD to 57 and then traded back again with SF to 63rd.

Just beat the Packers!!! Shock the world! On the Tundra! In the cold!
    Season isn’t over until all the games are played, and I am going to try to enjoy each game…cause it is a looooooong off season.

The Bucs have 9 players on IR, the Colts have 12 on IR.

and they are both 3-5

Your point???????

I’m just looking at their offenses. Both teams are terrible on defense, but Tim was saying we can’t expect to score like the Steelers because they’re loaded on offense. I gave him 2 teams that aren’t loaded on offense, yet score way better than us.

November 9, 2018 at 2:44 pm
    Pull it out of what???
    ————
    The jaws of defeat? We do have a winning record, as it stands!

Like I said, I think we’ve peaked

I’m really trying to be optimistic, that Gase will change his play-calling. However, I tend to agree with ya, Mike E… we’ve likely already peaked.

Let’s hope for the BEST!

It’s a great time when it’s more fun to talk politics than dolphins!

————–
    Asiata is back on our 53.

Tim – As far as Wallace, man I remember it like it was yesterday. How many discussions we had that if Tannehill could only place the ball where Wallace could catch the ball and run, how many times he underthrew him, or threw behind him. Wallace has his 2 worst YPC averages here in MIA. That’s what I was discussing. Bess had 9.0 YPR, Landry pretty close to the same, Stills is the one guy who he’s had success with, but not nearly enough. It’s like sometimes he doesn’t know he’s on the field.

Are you really going back to the Wallace days? I just made one point about it statistically. I have no desire to revisit this or debate it which I could. Not interested.

I think what sports has to done me is forced me to always look at the big picture, not just this season. I think we’re not going anywhere this year, I’m trying to figure out how to fix our next season, not that I can really do anything about it. lol

Tim – I don’t think our QB or our HC are good enough. I really don’t.

November 9, 2018 at 3:00 pm
    —————
    LOL, I AM relaxed, my dude! All good!

I’ve found it to be very helpful to address the whole “you” thing by typing “ya” or “y’all” instead. That way, it doesn’t make it sound so personal, as opposed to saying “you”… which sounds very personal by nature.

I hear ya, buddy.

If I made a post not a reply and started off, “When evaluating a draft, you need to look at all the variables.”, it’s not addressed to anyone in particular. I type like I speak. My post didn’t refer to you in any way.

MF 13
    Man you have got to get rid of that red Jersey in your pick!

I keep having to go back and make sure that wasn’t Rock’s Cool-Aid guy!!!!!!

Mike, Gase said you don’t know what you’re talking about Tannehill is playing good, we hit a speed bump in NE and made a few bad calls in Cincy, I didn’t know you knew Gase?

he played well in 16 under Gase and he was 3-2 this year, I’m not as ready to give up on #17 as most around here.

wyoming85 says:
    November 9, 2018 at 2:56 pm
    It’s a great time when it’s more fun to talk politics than dolphins!

WITH LESS ARGUING AS WELL!

LOL

wyoming85 says:
    November 9, 2018 at 3:18 pm
    MF 13
    Man you have got to get rid of that red Jersey in your pick!

I keep having to go back and make sure that wasn’t Rock’s Cool-Aid guy!!!!!!

You have to go back huh? That mean you scroll past my posts? 😦

wyoming85 says:
    November 9, 2018 at 3:18 pm
    MF 13
    Man you have got to get rid of that red Jersey in your pick!

I keep having to go back and make sure that wasn’t Rock’s Cool-Aid guy!!!!!!
    ——————
    Alright, that’s fair! I put it up on election night (vote red!), and after hearing that we’d worked out AMERSON! 🙂 😉

145. ElephantRider says:

I’m ok Larsen being out. Hes TURRIBLE

So when are we having that Fest at Tim’s beach house this year?

That’s a great idea SB

It’s not my house and it’s not on the beach but a lagoon. That said the drama going on with rooms and who can use them for guests has been a bit of a shit storm. Without my in-laws there – may they rest in peace, the siblings are not exactly on the same page. It sucks because it’s a beautiful house with plenty of room but private oasis’ have become an issue. Real petty silly shit.

Mike, have you seen what our OL could look like this Sunday? Larsen doubtful, Tunsil, James and Davis questionable. We need at least two of them to suit up or it’s potentially:
    LT Sterup
    LG Johnson/Asiata
    C Swanson
    RG Johnson/Brendel
    RT Young

So when are we having that Fest at not Tim’s lagoon house this year?

SB – I’ll make a NE Fest at my place if you’ll come

*googles piss-clams*

LMAO Tim – That’s crazy that you brought up the canoe too!

SB – I had no idea they were a real thing. I just thought it was Jerky Boys silliness.

I find it to be most depressing that it’s now dark outside at this hour.

November 9, 2018 at 3:03 pm

————————————————-
    I think we are done this year and next, or at least im hoping we are. If we really want to fix this shit, we have to make some changes that are going to initiall set us back. I cant any set of moves that puts us to competative in one preseason. I mean it could happen, but realistically, it would take a lot of things to happen better than expected to have it happen. Im settling into the idea that we just ride out this year and how we actually start building in the right direction next year. Ill tak that at this point, not putting any expectations outside of that. 2020 though, im expecting the team to start playing football again, and not this embarrassing shit they have been playing. That might be a with a new coach, but if things go down like i expect them to, it should be Gase’s last shot to stay our coach.

LOL i have been watching Piss Clam videos. You catch them by throwing a rock and looking for a piss stream to come out of the water lol. Interesting.

As if the deaths weren’t bad enough…..this makes it even more sad.
    ————————————————–

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – California bar shooter [name deleted by me] posted disturbing texts to social media as he waited for law enforcement to arrive at the scene of mass slaughter……[He] immediately shot a group of security guards and employees standing near the entrance, and then paused to text or post messages on social media. He then began shooting victims in the dance hall area.

He posted on social media at 11:24PM PST: “It’s too bad I won’t get to see all the illogical and pathetic reasons people will put in my mouth as to why I did it. Fact is I had no reason to do it, and I just thought… fuckit, life is boring so why not?”

Then at 11:27PM PST he posted “I hope people call me insane (2 smiley face emojis).. wouldn’t that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah… I’m insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is ‘hopes and prayers’… or ‘keep you in my thoughts’… every time… and wonder why these keep happening… (2 more smiley face emojis).”

D says:
    November 9, 2018 at 5:54 pm
    Not how i took it. Besides the ramblings of a psycho arent generally logical in any sort of way.
    —————-
    Yet, he took the time (after initially firing), to post to social media what he did.

D – That woman in the piss clam video sounds like a woman I used to work with.

161. ElephantRider says:

I wouldn’t mind Asiata in there. His run blocking is real good and how much worse in pass pro can he be from Larsen?

If you guys feel the way you do about our QBs and dealing with the OL issues we’re going through, the loss of Wilson who was our most explosive player this year, I’m not sure what you’re expecting. If you were Gase what would you do as HC? If you can’t execute, play calling means nothing. If you call a run and get minimal gain or a loss, then a pass play with little time for minimum gain or an incomplete, what do you do to open up the offense? There is no magic wand.

The team we put together to play this season has been compromised. That is a fact, not an opinion. You can only roll with who you have. We’re rolling with a lot of 2nd team players or young players who are not ready for prime time. It is what it is. Sometimes you need good fortune or luck however you view it. We don’t seem to have much of that. Gase has been challenged with all of this pretty much most of the time he’s been HC. So tell me what you would do? I have no idea what I would do other than try to compete and win the game anyway we can.

I think it’s fairly easy to see which QBs have the ability to be top NFL talent. Accuracy is paramount but there’s also a leadership aspect many people don’t take into account as much as I do. Mayfield will be fine…because he’s handled massive adversity and change since college. Rodgers took a middling Cal team to a top 5 ranking. Brees took a middling Perdue program and made them Big 10 champs for the first time in 30 years. Big Ben took a Miami team to a top 10 ranking. These guys elevate their programs. They take inferior talent and make it superior. I’m not sure there’s a guy like that in the upcoming draft but we need to find somebody. Draft one every year until we find one.

• ElephantRider says:

Agreed.

What I like about Mayfield is that hes always been a walk on and worked to take the job over. He deserves to be cocky if he works as hard as it appears

• New Age says:

Yep, his most impressive stat is his never say never attitude….but just slightly above that accuracy!

Shooter was simply an evil fuck.

165. ElephantRider says:

Toba

Stay safe out there! See ya soon

M13, how did the shooter is Cali turn into being against conservatives and God? Because of –

That is a person right there who lost all control over his own civility. Not a political statement. That’s an excuse.

SIR… this is another matter of evidence, nothing more. You may not like it, but he stopped his carnage so as to post what he did.

Don’t make it about me. And for the love of sanity, stop trying to read my mind at every turn, dude. I have faith that the courts will discover the truth in this matter.

Why are you so combative as of late? $#!t… I can absolutely AGREE with you (which we generally do), yet you find something to nitpick about me or others. C’mon, man.

It’s getting to the point of frustration for me. I mean, I can’t even agree with you anymore? What is that?

I go by what you say, everyone does. When will you realize this? You say shit then say that’s not what I meant. Okay, that makes for great conversation. Let’s go around in circles. Own your comments and stop deflecting them when someone asks you a question about them. All I did was ask you a question about what you said then you get all defensive about it.

A person who kills mass amounts of people is not political to me, I don’t care what their motive was. They have lost their own civility. Politics is about ideology and policy, how a country should work. Not murdering innocent people because you’re disgruntled.

Wilson turned out to be a great player for us, but in reality, he was supposed to be either 3.1 or 3.2, depending upon whether you considered him ahead of Amendola or not. It was supposed to be Parker, Stills, Wilson and Amendola, Grant and whoever. Parker is here, Stills, Amendola and Grant are still here, along with Drake and Gore. He should be able to work with these guys, and challenge teams vertically. Maybe drill through your QB to let it fly, try to make things happen out there, don’t look for the guy behind the sticks, find the guy open beyond them. I don’t think he instills that in his QB’s at all. I think he teaches them to try and not make mistakes, so they throw these 3 yard freaking passes on 3rd and 9.

I know Stills was out some, but we have him now, and I really hope they use him vertically, I can’t see how we beat the Pack unless we score a bunch of points. Our defense shouldn’t be expected to keep the Pack under 20 in their house.

• ElephantRider says:

This offense doesnt know what the word verticle means. RT17 looks like he took at least double the shots Brock takes. But Brock makes RT17’s long ball look like Rodgers…..Brock is just terrible and Gase has to know it. So the limited mid to deep throws are going to be even less…..

I haven’t been impressed with Gase’s playcalling no matter who’s been healthy.

ER

I swear to you, I watched Brock Osweiler come in a game last year, I think he came in for Siemian in the second half. That boy has a helluva arm. He was throwing the ball all over the stadium, and nice deep throws. I don’t think he has a weaker arm than Tannehill at all, though some people here keep insisting on that. I hope he gets a chance to air it out. I know he’s not accurate, but I swear he has plenty of giddyup on his fastball.

Watch the highlights, then tell me this kid doesn’t have a serious NFL arm

• ElephantRider says:

Idk man. Our Brock stinks. LOL

He’s only taken a couple deep shots and they were horrible. Gase sees this and there’s gonna be even more of the 1yd passes we all love.

Would love to see it breakout this week tho!

M13, you have been called out on politics and other comments you’ve made having nothing to do with football by many people here. You never justify any of it. You always run away from it by saying back to football or saying I’m Audi.

You never explain your initial points. You tell people you agree and disagree at the same time. I know where you stand politically. You’re full on conservative red, and by the way I hate the color designation created by the media over the last 20 years. Liberalism and globalism is your bogeyman. I think everyone here knows this. It’s not just me, you’ve been called out by many people here. The issue is, you don’t really explain yourself well because you bail on it after saying it.

Own it!

I’ll own it, right here and now. Your rant seems to vilify anyone who disagrees with you. If I’m passive about my convictions, that’s my prerogative. I think that’s very cool on my part, as opposed to force-feeding my convictions down anyone’s throat. I think you’d concur, no?

November 9, 2018 at 6:41 pm
    —————–
    You didn’t answer my question. What’s more, you’re mired in others questioning you and your thoughts right now. Why direct your anger at me tonight?

Tim, what do you think of Brock Osweiler becoming our potential starter in ’19?

We will never go further than .500. He is not starter material to me. But stranger things have happened. He’s limited in every phase of being a QB. The only thing he has is prototype size. I will give him he has a grasp of the offense and he competes. He’s not good enough.

M13, ask me where I stand right now on life, politics and current events, I will answer you honestly as opposed to the merry-go-round you start up every time.

Then I will ask you the same and that should put an end to and clear up all the confusion here. I’m game, GO!

You went in on me regarding the FACT that the shooter took a break from his shooting, so as to mock “thoughts and prayers” from conservatives.

I don’t know where I went wrong from there. Let the courts decide the who, what, where, when, and why.

I’m sorry I even brought that fact up now. Perhaps I should be shouted down, so as to suppress my #1A.

• ElephantRider says:

I took the thoughts and prayers comment as they dont do jack shit. Whether he was trying to make a point or not, I doubt it. He was nuts.

But…if my interpretation is right, so was he. They are pointless. The problem which is so big and many levels isnt getting resolved . All we do is say I feel bad for you with some damn hashtag….

So we qualify that as what? You playing victim now? How about rightwing leading psychos doing the same thing. You still think this is about politics or deranged people?

You would think there would be more discussion on piss clams, but here we are.

November 9, 2018 at 6:42 pm
    ER

Ok, I apologize in advance, but when I read that “he came in for siemian”, I read it wrong.

The fact that people think Osweiler is on the same level as Tannehill makes me glad none of you will pick the next QB. If we do well the rest of the season it will be because of playmakers doing something special, defense and STs. It will not be because we rode the arm of Osweiler. LOL

I think this Tim – Whether he’s on the same level as Tannehill, or better or worse, I do know that so far despite the fact that everyone here says he’s terrible, he has extremely similar stats this year here to Tannehill this season, and if he can play one good game, he’s going to have better stats. I know tats aren’t everything, but they do tell a fair amount of the story.

Ken – That’s pretty much it. Now if the right coach can help him with his throwing motion, who knows, although I think it’s probably too late at this point.

November 9, 2018 at 7:21 pm
    —————–
    We qualify this as a matter of evidence in a court of law. I’m all for speculation, but you’re now becoming ridiculous in making ME a part of the case, Tim. Have a seat.

179. ElephantRider says:

Our future is not with any QB on the roster as of today.

This I can agree. It’s more of if we draft a QB, which QB, if any on the roster, would you prefer to be the placeholder. I’m more than fine with neither of the 3 we have.

I am quickly becoming disturbed that some on this blog are discounting the fact that Sunday’s game is not only a pseudo “Fest” game, but, I also have a one game winning streak attending Dolphins game at Lambeau

Just beat the Packers!!!!

Bookman we need retribution for the home Fest I’m counting on you guys to bring us a win. We should be able to generate some offense on them and our D, if playing properly, should be tough for them to beat even with Rodgers. Wave that mug/keg with wild abandon wear long Johns and bring us a win. Toba has a good record in games he’s been st he knows what it takes. I’m kinda feeling us Sunday, bring it home FUers.
    💪💥🐽👊

🇺🇸
    🇨🇦
    🐬
    👍

If you fuckers don’t come out of there with some mother fuckers cheesehead as a trophy I’ll feel let down. This is a business trip. Take care of business. I want pics!

We need our D to show up
    We need Gore on a mission
    We need a couple of deep throws to hit or result in penalties
    We need time of possession
    We need points on 5-6 drives
    We need 6-4

ER, I was looking forward to meeting you, it’s too bad you couldn’t make the Fest. We probably would have won if you were there so you have a golden opportunity to get us a win. Step up my man we need you! 😎🐖💨

• ElephantRider says:

Next year. Book it. Looking forward to meeting more of the mob. Even you, you son of a…. 🙂

I’ll be doing my best from the nose bleeds.

GO FINS

You are what your record says you are (Bill Parcels). We have the better record aka we’re the better team. Now prove it.

Son, you are awesome! lol!

Beat the frickin Packers! It IS possible!

I admit it…I had to look up piss clams

Mike, if you think Tannehill is only a middle of the road QB, fair enough. Who believes Osweiler is the answer? Give me one person. I’m pretty sure you get crickets. It’s not even close. The guy can’t throw a pass over 10 yards without a flutter on the ball. At 6-7 235 he throws the ball no better than Case Keenum who is 6-1 210. They both get it, but don’t have it. When you say Tannehill doesn’t have it, he can make throws and move better than either of these two guys can. It’s so obvious. It doesn’t mean Ryan is the answer, but to compare him to these two types of QBs is like not seeing skill and potential. In camp if they all compete, Ryan wins the job. He’s more talented.

You want better, no issue with that. But until you do, you want to go with less and accept it because at least you already know it’s worse. I guess you have patience. LOL

Safe and sound in Minneapolis,, Mall of America is a very overrated, and overpriced destination… used to be better about 10 yrs ago.. Dicks Resort was also a disappointment compared to the time we went in Vegas…

Bit of shopping here in the am , if I make it to a gas station lol.. kinds ran a wee bit low …then on the road to see ER’s place and meet up with he and hopefully Bookman tomorrow

• ElephantRider says:

Looking forward to it.

Employee issue puts me actually working in kitchen til about 5. After that i’m just helping out front with hosting and cashiering.

LMAO at Son .. see what we can do for a cheesehead trophy 😎

As I said earlier this week , there are NO unwinnables on our sked including this one .. one game at a time. Let’s hope Asshat shows he deserves to be in there and not Due to attrition… he proves out Okay , next year we have a REALLY Good STARTING Oline .. just a lot of pieces are on IR right now … this has a familiar ring to it ? Seems I’ve heard this before ?! 😳

195. Rhino says:

Is it safe to post? The midterms are over… as a “snowflake” I’ve kept my distance so as to NOT upset the ‘oranges’.
    yes… I know people will be upset with this… but FU if you’re so sensitive. Politics is like sports. You compete hard. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose… just pray you aren’t the Dolphins that go decades trying to recapture Don Shula’s ‘secret sauce’ cuz that just makes you ‘Ross Perot’ lol

um.. oh yeah… Go Fins

What up “commie”?????
      My State is still red
      Yours is still blue
      So pull out your head
      And cheer the “FU” 😉

Safe travels Manitoba

Tim – I wanted Tannehill to succeed so much, be beyond an average QB, be just never got there. What I was trying to get across about Osweiler is that people here, including you talk about Osweiler as if he’s so much of a drop off from Tannehill, but I don’t see it that way, and their stats here this season definitely don’t show that. I don’t think Osweiler is the answer. If he would play for us next year cheaper than Tannehill, I’d take him while our drafted QB grows

Rhino – welcome back snowshine!

I was down on Tannehill this off season but i’ve changed my mind a bit, first of all we’re stuck with him, 2nd I’m not sure we could upgrade the position by replacing him in the next year and a half so why not try to make the best of it.

he’s a whole lot better than Chad Henne.

and i like osweiler as well, he seems to not make stupid mistakes, i like that when he’s in trouble and cant get rid of the ball he just does his best to get down and protect the ball.

all in all i don’t think the QB position on our team is that bad.

most glaring need is get a deeper OL,

• pheloniusphish says:

I definitely think that you do not reach for a QB. I mean, if there is one there with the traits to become something, sure you draft him. But don’t throw the baby out with the wash, by dumping what you have simply for the sake of something new.