Miami Dolphins 2019 Schedule – All the details

If you’re a real football fan, you know the schedule comes out this evening at 8PM EST. You also know I ain’t got no details fer ya, because there aren’t any details to give. We know besides our divisional foes that we’ll be hosting the Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins. We’ll be traveling to play the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers and the NY Giants, as well as our divisional foes. All this will take place precisely between September and December, so plan accordingly.

News is very slow at this time of year, and although the NFL Draft is just 8 days away, we know no more about what our plans are or which players we’re really interested. Job well done Miami Dolphins! That’s how it should be. Our local Miami beat reporters must be losing their collective minds. This is business done the way it should be done. Now all they have to do is actually ace every pick in this draft, do the same in 2020, and we’re on our way to championship football, right?

This evening past 8PM EST the first deliberations will begin for the 2019 Fest. The poll will probably go up tomorrow, or maybe the next day, depends on when Counselor Piggy is available. Rock will vote about 20-30 times for a game no one else wants to attend, and make sure to tell us too.

Next week, I’ll reveal my favorite players for this year’s draft (ooooh, I bet you can’t wait!). I may even make up a 7 RD Mock of who I’d like us to take, but don’t count on it. I saw some chatter that we will do a LIVE Mock Draft here this evening at 8PM EST. I encourage you all to participate, the more people in the better it will be. I know we’ll do RD 1, and if you all are enthusiastic enough to keep it going, maybe we’ll do RD 2 and more. So if you can make it, tonight at 8PM EST. LIVE Mock Draft!

Image result for miami dolphins 2019 schedule

1,617 Responses to Miami Dolphins 2019 Schedule – All the details

“Initially, the ownership pushed for Kyler Murray. That much I know — I was told that. The reason they did is they are having a hard time selling tickets. Well, they put it out there. Arizona was lukewarm to it. All of a sudden, they are pulling back, and from what I’ve been told, they are going to go in a different direction. They are not going to draft Kyler Murray.”
    — Pete Prisco

STANGER: MY BULLSHIT DETECTOR JUST WENT OFF!!!

So did mine, but he wasn’t making that up. My guess is the Cards are trying to figure out what they could get for the #1 #1. Not like they have to worry about a contract or teams grabbing the player they want.

HULK: After you smash the Easter Bunny, I WILL EAT HIM!!!

M – I feel the need to get a QB period. It doesn’t have to be this year, but why wait? We know we don’t have our future QB on the roster so that means we clearly need one. As I’ve l already laid out, to plan to get a QB in a year when the best QB’s are going to be in the greatest demand is irresponsible as far as I see it. If we do draft a QB this year, he learns behind Fitz and maybe earns some playing time this season, we’re ahead of the game going into next season. Additionally, if we do end up with a poor record that puts us in the top 5 of the draft, that gives us a wonderful opportunity to cash in on it. I don’t feel like we HAVE to get a QB, but it work out nicely for us if we do. The guy I want is Haskins, and I do believe it’s possible that he will be drafted in a spot close enough for us to get him.

Do you think they really give up a be t years first to trade up to 13 for an OL…… I do t see that. 13 doesn’t carry the trade value you guys are giving it. Top 10, sure but this draft isn’t laid out for outside the 13 netting big yield on the trades.

I think we would be lucky to get a third in compensation unless we trade way back and if we trade way back the second we get it going to be a late second.

Again I’m not pooping on the concept of trading back just don’t see us getting the compensation that you guys feel we will that’s making you think it’s such a great and necessary plan.

We will have to see how the draft falls but I just want them to get us some cornerstone talent to build around. If that comes with a trade back great but if we stand put I think that’s also great if we get a great player

I have been saying for a while I don’t buy the Murray to Arizona stuff. Just doesn’t feel right to me. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but I would really not be shocked if a different name was called number 1. In fact I’m feeling more like hearing a trade called this year. It’s definitely not as cut and dry at number 1 in past years.

Arizona taking Bosa would be a windfall for us!

8. It’s Interesting the Texans want a lineman to protect their franchise hopeful at quarterback, and wise too.

But Miami wants an OL to protect Fitzpatrick? Lol, why?

I don’t think the team goes OL in the first, it’s not a pressing need like the Texans.

Who cares if Fitzpatrick has protection or not, he still sucks.
    We have to get the quarterback first, like the Texans did, and hopefully that’s Drew Lock.

Then we can get Lock some protection like the Texans are trying to do for their QB

• I never really like first round offensive lineman, it’s too important of a position to use it on just a big blocker.
      It should instead be used on an impact player, someone that can start instantly, and carry the team to greater heights.

OL are not impact players, they are role players

We need an impact player, a playmaker for the 13th pick, someone We can build the team around

9. Krishna says:

Kyler Murray played in the pinball/no defense conference. Receivers were always open. All he had to do was drop back and heave.

And if you are right on that might mean the Phins could draft him. He could do a Quinn, but doubt that far. So be careful what you wish for. 🙂

10. Dolphins Mock draft

R1, pick 9 from Bills. Drew Lock QB Missouri
    R 2 goes to Bills
    R3 Conner McGovern. G/C Penn State
    R4 Phil Haynes, C Wake Forest
    R 5 Emanuel Hall, WR Missouri
    R 7 Michael Dogbe, DE/ DT Temple
    R7 Sutton Smith, DE/OLB Northern Illinois

I would also attempt to trade a player or a pick from the next year draft, to get an extra third round pick.

And then get a third round edge rusher, or CB

11. BailBondMike says:

I don’t think the team goes OL in the first, it’s not a pressing need
    ———————————————————————
    Wwwwwwwhat???? It’s been a pressing need for a long time!

• the pressing need is for OL, not neccesarily first round OL

And Fitzpatrick hasn’t been our quarterback but like for 5 minutes, his first starts coming soon unless we draft a first round QB.

There will be literally hundreds of OL to choose from in the second round down, and we can always use next years first round to protect Lock if We feel the need for it

So yea, it’s not a pressing need for a first round OL

• I figured You got Your political advice from Fox News and 8 year old girls, lmao explains a lot! Thanks!

Btw that’s a nonsensical report on Fox News, maybe to avoid real issues

it’s a real world out there going on, and fox found out the hard way on the Bernie Town Hall enthusiasm , when they were hoping to disparage his medical insurance for all plan

But it made for good comedy, lol.

It was cute. Can’t we just laugh at something funny these days? And my best advice is not to poke the bear that is Phelon. Rarely does that work out well.

• Agreed the girl is cute, but it sucks she’s just being used in an attempt to distort the truth, and to disparage minority women.

If there’s a national emergency going on, seems we would have important things to do IMo, besides pick on minority women all the time.

Minority women aren’t what’s wrong with this country, they have never controlled congress, and never held a seat as president., or Vice President.
        Yet they get blamed for everything

When do the people in charge take responsibility for what’s going on, instead of blaming women all the time, shot gets old, jus sayin

AOC isn’t what is wrong with this country, she’s just a threat to the ones doing wrong, so they vilify her ,since they have nothing better to offer Americans.

Agreed who knows where the funds are coming from on the green deal, but let’s not pollute the environment, because We don’t think AOC plan is feasible. It’s probably not.

But, It’s time for something in between imo. Protect the environment without breaking the bank should be the way forward imo

We all breath air and drink water, do We want it to be clean or toxic?

Not real interested in talking politics with you. But why not. Think AOC is an idiot, simply cause she has little common sense…. and that is not about her politics, just her wanting to get in every story she can in every way she can — sorta of like Trump. Different angle and same methodology. So far as I am concerned she brings it on herself.

But she is an instagram star hit Congress (and she just walked in)……reminds me of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde 2, but no script writers to ensure the ending.

Check out Mayor Pete. I’m real impressed by him.

• Krishna says:

Impressed with Buttigieg, too.

Krishna — he’s got “it.” Hard to define what that is, but Ike, JFK, Reagan, Clinton and Obama had it as well. If doesn’t get it this time around…. would be a great VP candidate.

• Krishna says:

Smart, articulate, comes from a high place, and has IT….I like him a lot.

12. BailBondMike says:

D, I know, it’s just a draft game and not realistic. It can be close to how things go though. The site tries to keep up with each team’s needs but it’s ever changing up until these last couple weeks. Heck, after our first 2 rounds they have one of our 3 needs as a TE. lol

Not a scout and not a mock site drafter….. but am darn sure want you to go on that place and do the trades for our draft. Guessing a lot of folks on just want the big names and are willing to pay a lot to get them.

April 21, 2019 at 1:01 pm
    ————
    I’ll give you a short answer, and JMO, of course: better QB crop next year, and we already have the ammo to trade up for him next year.

But I’ll tell ya this: IF Haskins is there for us @ R1P13, pull the trigger.

Possibly a better crop, that remains to be seen, and we also have no idea where we’ll be drafting and what it will cost to get the QB we want. If you like a QB now, and he’s in reach of getting him, go get him! If not, I guess we have no choice but to wait.

Mikey I don’t think the trade up would be for Murray. Haskins Lock and Jones are more polished and more safe picks as number one overall QBs Murray has a small subset of teams that could really make him work. I wouldn’t be shocked to see NYG move up to get Bosa

David the little girl isn’t employed by Fox. She made a funny video and most likely had no political agenda just liked poking fun at AOC. How many Trump satires ate out there. Do you also get upset at those? I found it funny just like I find most the Trump satires funny, that’s the point. Just enjoy a laugh every once and a while bro.

Exactly!

• I understand, it’s not a. Big deal overall, Some say she is intelligent, others say she isn’t, but who cares is my opinion.
      I have always been an evironmentalist, way before AOC was born. I do think knocks on her intelligence, finance, clothing, dance videos, choice of pillows at night, etc is way overblown and unnecessary when none of it is the problem of America.

I don’t agree with her green deal, but it’s much wiser to at least consider something in between, something beneficial to everyone, instead of just keep blasting away at her forever, do nothing to help, while the environment keeps degrading.

I’m thinking , and hoping we can have it both ways, protect the environment, and not break the bank. But we will see 😎

16. BailBondMike says:

Lock sucks! He has great arm talent and can make all the throws but plays scared. It would be like having a Phillip Rivers with NO BALLS as your QB. He has Ryan Leaf (sp?) written all over him. Watch game film and not highlight videos of him.

Totally agreed, BB Mike. I’m no fan of Lock.

• Interesting, hopefully for his careers sake he can handle the position better than Ryan Lead,lol
      And, You may be correct, I haven’t had time to watch all his game films, but I’m sure Miami took the time to do it.
      Only thing I can say is Miami has met with him a few times, worked him out, questioned him, reviewed his game films, videos, etc.

So they SHOULD have a pretty good idea who he is ! Or who he isn’t.

1 If they select Lock, that’s a damn good sign they believe in Him, lol

2 If We pass him up, it’s a good sign the FO didn’t like something or the other.

3 If he goes before Us, We just won’t ever know what the FO thought ,unless hey choose to reveal it later.

In a few more days the mystery will be over. 😉

18. Krishna says:

I just don’t see a 1st round QB worthy QB.

I do see quality 1st round worthy DL and DE, OL…..which are our primary needs and best long term path.

19. I’m not ready to fully discount Lock yet, I’m still thinking he could help this team.

this is an interesting article breaking down some of his mechanics.

Sweet Baby Jesus. David, you truly are a dumb fuck.

• Can’t debate the message, attack the messenger, got it

• I think I know Myself better than You do, so Your baseless attacks mean nothing to Me.
        I’m not here to fight with You buddy, try to have a nice day and be open minded once in awhile, Europe and Asia have bullet trains, and We don’t, I at least know how they are working out for their countries, and how it would work out for ours, do You?

but keep whining over AOC if it makes You feel important, don’t let Me stop Ya , what I see as counter productive, may be important to You 😎

• pheloniusphish says:

Truly, you can’t fix stupid. You can’t even grasp the subject. You think it’s about Cortez. Or the environment. Or Fox. It’s none of the above.

21. Krishna says:

Ancient history for most of you….Dolphins won SBs because of their Defense.

NE won the SB last year because of Flores and his D. Hmmmmm.

This is where we start the rebuild imo and we already have a few cornerstones in place….but no DL!

We definitely need to come out of this Draft with a good EDGE… preferably a DE. I really think that gets addressed in either round 1 or 2. For me, that means either Clelin Ferrell or Chase Winovich.

22. According to Walter football, Drew Lock had the worst coaching and the least amount of development of all the QB prospects.
    But he also showed the capability to learn quickly at the senior bowl.

It sucks the kid had the worst development, it may make it harder to evaluate him .

But he might have more upside than the others, he’s basically getting by with his anticipatory reads and cannon arm.

His stats at Missouri are impressive, he throws a lot of high degree of difficulty throws that lessens his completion percentage a little.

It will be interesting to see what he does in the NFL , if he gets some good coaching

Just me, but I’ll be very surprised if we don’t go DE and O-Line in the first two rounds… doesn’t matter which we address first, just go with BPA.

Oshane Ximines is my ‘dark horse’ candidate to go in the 2nd round as an EDGE (DE). He’s most impressive and I wouldn’t be surprised if we take him in the 2nd, should we address the O-Line in the 1st.

25. Krishna says:

I think our first priority should be interior DL. We haven’t had inside push or middle clog forever. Still BPA and hope they are DL and DE….R1 and R2 or R2 and R1 and be more than fine with plug and play caliber OL..

I’m rockin’-and-rollin’ with the BPA at every position we need to address. Unlike most years, it’s going to be very difficult to disappoint me this Draft. I have FULL FAITH that we’re going to get it done this year!

By the way…

HAPPY EASTER, ALL! I regrettably didn’t come on the blog today with this salutation.

27. Krishna says:

Why would Flores’ first pick as a HC be a QB who does not have 1st round talent?

Doubt he’s going to do something desperate.

28. Krishna says:

Doubt he’s going to do something desperate.

Watch the Cardinals not take Murray and send the entire draft into The Twilight Zone.

How do you come to the conclusion that none of the QB’s that are in this draft are 1st RD talents? I guarantee you that 3 or more go in the 1st RD, so what does that say?

He’s suggesting teams will over value them because they’re QBs. We’ll find out soon enough who values them. Lots of chatter out there during smokescreen season with GMs saying we’re not going to take a QB in the 1st round just because they’re the best in this draft class.

At least 3 QB’s are rated as 1st RD talents. I believe only Daniel Jones has a borderline 1st RD grade. Teams take QB’s earlier because they’re the singular most important position on the field, period. You get your QB, you’re off to a good start. In reality, all positions that really impact the QB position on either side of the ball get overdrafted. There are only so many talented DL and DE’s, so they get overdafted too. OL get overdrafted because teams need to protect their QB, and so on and son. I don’t agree in the least that QB draft is so much worse than last year, because it isn’t.

Interesting that T.J. McDonald dropped 15 lbs this offseason to be quicker.

Chad Reuter of NFL.com has us trading up to #9 to get Haskins. That’s fine with me, that’s not a crazy amount of compensation. Like I said, if our guy is in reach, go get him! I don’t even care that we traded with a division foe, just get the QB and start building around him.

Rebuilds take a few years, but if things play out like I think they might, no one will be sad about the trade of our 3rd RD and 5th RD picks this year. Next year we can make a killing in the draft if we have a poor record, and I think we probably will. Not because we’re tanking, because we just won’t have enough talent this season.

And they won’t be concentrating on bringing in the talent, least not in FA. Goes back to ORob’s point on maybe we trade back to the future in some deals. If you are gonna rule the 2020 draft…. why not really rule it?

If you read any of my previous posts about it, we’d have a great chance to rule the draft next year if we have our QB already. If not, we’ll be using our early 1st RD pick on a QB. I can see a trade back if the couple of players at DE, QB, DL aren’t there, but if our QB is in reach, I think we should go that way. Just my feeling. If we pick 1-5 in next years draft, we can probably make a killing on a trade back there, much better compensation than this year trading back from #13.

Could not be with you any more on most of what you have posted. Seems we are on the same bus with you driving. And I want a young arm with an upside in camp, first round or not. Maybe we were we differ is I would be willing to take a QB this year, let them check him out, and then take another one in 2020 if the tires don’t kick franchise QB.

Mike, I understand how you feel about QBs. The thing that cautions me is that this QB class much like last year has no clear #1. When there isn’t what is thought to be a no-brainer #1 QB you have to wonder why. Murray is slated as the #1 pick because of Kingsbury and ARZ. He’s not even #1 on a lot of big boards, but he is #1 in many mocks because they believe ARZ will take him. That’s all.

An example is we all knew a few years ago Goff/Wentz, Wentz/Goff were going 1 and 2 and they did. Last year nobody really knew which QB would go where and the same this year. If we target a QB and trade up to get him or take one at #13 I’ll roll with that. None of us know how any prospect will pan out anyway.

I think people feel the Cards will take Murray just like the Browns took Mayfield. Even more so because of what Kingsbury said about Murray. Murray has a ton of talent, it’s just size concerns. He has a great arm and is a great athlete who happens to be shorter than 6′ and will probably play at or little less that 200 lbs. I really think Haskins, Lock and Jones are on equal footing with Rosen and Allen. I think Darnold was a better all around prospect, but not by that much.

How many 1st RD DE’s turn out to be top 10 pass rushers? How many 1st RD DT’s turn out to be all pros? How many 1st RD OL become all pros? All those positions get over valued, it’s not just QB’s.

M – Yep, that’s it. We’ll get an idea of where we’re at on Thursday night. I have absolutely no clue what we think.

That makes two of us, Brother! And that’s one of the key reasons why I’m not all over this Draft, as I’ve been for so many years prior.

BTW – I’m not saying anyone else’s opinion is wrong, but sometimes when I throw my ideas out there, they just seem so right to me I end up defending them. I can’t help it! lol

Stanger – Oh, I hear ya. I guess I just hope if we draft a QB this year we finally got one right. What you say makes sense though. Just like we took a DE (Charles Harris) in 2017, we have to go DE again because he hasn’t shown up yet. No one cares because it’s DE and not QB

That’s the hope — but over the years have gotten why teams go all in for a QB. Just so important. More than any other two players combined on the field if you have the right one…. but ain’t finding the right one the biotch? As I do a lot of times — like how the evil genius has done it. Just keep taking them and see what they have.

NOT ALL DRAFT CLASSES ARE CREATED EQUALLY! Let’s take a look at the QB classes of the last 19 years….

I’ll say it again: I will not be surprised if we don’t draft a QB this year. This year’s QB crop is WEAK.

I’m not sold that last year’s class ends up with multiple franchise QBs either. There is potential there but I don’t see special in any of them just yet. I think Josh Allen has the biggest upside but he has a lot of work to do as a passer. Mayfield has some spark and play making ability to him but he also has some flaws that people ignore for some reason. Darnold looks the part but is not polished yet and the same with Rosen. Jackson is a elite with his legs but without that as a passer he might not have even been drafted. He throws some passes that make you say WTF was that all about.

I think they’ll draft a QB, just not early. Maybe Grier in the 3rd.

At least IMO, I’d rather have drafted from last year’s QB crop than this year’s. And again, JMO, I feel that Josh Rosen is destined to become another Ryan Tannehill.

Fair enough. I still find it strange that so many fans still make comparisons to Ryan Tannehill. As if he’s in the Ryan Leaf, Kyle Boller, JaMarcus Russell, Blaine Gabbert category. Can’t we move on? LOL

Yes, we can move on. And I’m here to tell the masses that Tannehill is WAY better than the QBs mentioned above. He’s not chopped liver. He just didn’t have enough to elevate the rest of the team. I wish him the very best of luck in Tennessee.

Agreed!

Mike, let me ask you this about Haskins. I like the kid’s character, intelligence for the game etc., has good size and arm, but are you not concerned that scouts think he has slow feet, struggled with pressure which was rare on a top team at OSU and his accuracy dips quite a bit with passes over 10 yards?

I heard a caller on WFAN about a month ago who said he was a huge OSU and Giants fan and he pointed out exactly what I just said scouts have said about him. He said no way the Giants should take Haskins at #6 because he’s not on that level and he’s limited.

These aren’t my opinions as I have not studied him and wouldn’t know if he can or can’t do this or that anyway in the big scheme of things. But it’s out there.

I think Dwayne Haskins would be KILLER(!!!) what with our YAC receivers. He throws a very catchable ball, actually hits his receivers IN-STRIDE (unlike Tannehill), and seems to have his $#!T together.

Now then… he’s a 1-year starter and at Ohio State, he fits the prototype of what Goodell’s new NFL is trending towards, and he had elite protection.

I think he goes before we pick @ R1P13, to a team willing to take a BIG RISK on his inexperience — though successful — at Ohio State, surrounded by elite talent.

Goodell alone does not decide how the game is played. The CBA due to the player’s union and society in general has effected the game of football far more than the commissioner. Just like the lack of overall talent has hampered our Phins far more than the owner. 😉

Tim – It’s not like I have coaches tape of Haskins, but I watched quite a few videos of haskins against different teams and I thought I saw excellent foot movement. I also love the way he delivers the football, like O Rob once said, he does remind me of Marino I’m not worried about his foot speed, I don’t want my QB running, I want him throwing TD’s. I think he has great touch, and a powerful enough arm to make any throw. Unlike Tannehill, he knows how to use arc and touch, and I’d love to have that here.

LOL, Tannehill is still in the conversation.

Slow feet isn’t about running it’s about maneuvering in the pocket when it breaks down. Haskins has a nice release but it’s not on Marino’s level. It’s easy to arc a throw to receivers are wide open. From some of the game film I’ve seen I don’t see him making a lot of contested throws. Again, not saying he can’t but you don’t see a lot of it.

Of course Tannehill is in the convo, he was our last QB, no? He’s still learning at this point, no rush to throw him in there, he can learn for a season, maybe more if necessary. I would be thrilled to have him. QB footwork is learned, and he has time to learn.

What does Tannehill have to do with any QB in this year’s draft?

Grier is from the Parcells tree and so is Belichick and Flores etc. The criteria for a QB is:
    Be a three-year starter
    Be a senior in college
    Graduate from college
    Start 30 games
    Win 23 games
    Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio
    Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

Obviously that’s not set in stone but it’s a criteria. What QB checks off all of these?

Let’s not get into a Parcells debate when he was here. This is more about a better chance for success that is still used to this day by many teams.

I don’t think footwork in the pocket is learned. You either have it or you don’t.

The last two seasons we were 13-19. As a starter Tannehill was 5-6 last year. Not good, I get it. Without him we were 8-13. Not good, I get it. Our issues were about more than one guy or QB.

You know what jumps out at me – nice 15 yard gain, oops wait… false start instead of 1st and 10 moving up the field, it’s now 1st and 15 and a 5 yard loss. What a catch… nope… holding 1st and 20. Yes we stopped them!!!! Nope… unnecessary roughness, instead of a punt, 1st and 10 for the opponent. How many times did we see that too?

• Krishna says:

So, so frustrating….NE was a well coached team…..perhaps we might have brought some of that to the Dolphins.

Players loved Flores, too, from what I read.

He was hired because Grier told Ross we need a leader HC, not a specialist like Gase – offense. A guy who will coach the entire team and set the tone of who they are. That’s how I read it.

• Krishna says:

Sure hope so

48. Krishna says:

In T-hills defense he was the most sacked QB over the first 3 years of his career. It’s hard to develop when constantly being mauled…

Will Grier might be a surprise….not sure why he left Florida.

In David Carr’s defense, he was the most sacked QB over the first 3 years of his career. That kind of blows David’s theory of putting the cart before the horse (Matt Ryan vs Jake Long) out of the water.

In 2008, Atlanta already had a decent O-Line in place to take Matt Ryan. On the other hand, we did NOT… and still don’t, after all these years.

pheloniusphish says:
    April 21, 2019 at 7:54 pm
    ————–
    I disagree, that’s one of the ‘coachable’ things about a QB… granted a QB is ‘coachable’. No, it doesn’t come easy, either, to your point.

What’s ‘uncoachable’? Size, arm strength, foresight (which turns into accuracy via throwing receivers open), mental makeup, and… ‘coachability’.

MANITOBA: THERE’S a message from me to YOU RE: The Winnipeg Jets very near the bottom of the prior page. Hope you enjoy it!!

I AM TOTALLY IN FAVOR OF TAKING THE BEST O-Lineman available in round one UNLESS there’s A BETTER PLAYER still on the board at D-Line/Edge. IF QB Will Grier from W.Virginia is still on the board when Miami picks in round 2, I’d probably take him b/c Haskins will be LONG GONE by then. Taking a stud O-Lineman in round one will help give our QB’s in 2019 a chance to succeed. Right now, IMHO, our next starting QB has virtually NO CHANCE TO FLOURISH given the horrid O-Line we now have!!!

It’s not a complete OL but LT Tunsil, C Kilgore and RG or maybe RT Davis is not horrid. The problem last year is it never happened with Sitton and Kilgore going down within the first game and 4 weeks of the season.

LOL @ Omar playing King of simulator mock drafts. He wants to be King. He does this for a living you know. LOL

Footwork can absolutely be coached. But, it’s usually footwork to put you in a good throwing position. I think pocket awareness is a different thing and is part learned and part natural. Tanny was a very good athlete. His footwork wasn’t horrible. His pocket awareness or “feel” was. Coaching him up to have better footwork wasn’t going to make him have a better feel for pressure and how to avoid it. He was a big part of the reason he was sacked so much.

Wilkins goes to the fine on the live NFL draft on NFL network?

Our next QB will probably be compared to Tannehill for a while, just like every QB we had after Marino was compared to him. It’s just a chronological thing. Not sure how you don’t see that

Yes, but it can be both. It wasn’t just the OL. Tanny contributed too.

Yes, as did the receivers. That particular group wasn’t good enough. It didn’t pan out. I’m over it. How about you? LOL

Wyoming,
    I’ve watched Anthony Nelson play his whole college career. He has the body…long and lean…but I have just never been real impressed with him. He is a hard worker and might be one of those guys who matures in the NFL. In college. He was JAG. He has almost no pass rush moves. He doesn’t really impact games all that often. He’s got a lot of work to do to develop into an effective pass rusher at the next level, IMO.

So you don’t like our receivers? Or, are you talking about guys who aren’t longer here?

After further review the entire team was not well coached. Penalties killed whatever we had going. We lost too many playmakers to injury as well. It never ended.

I find it kinda funny that everyone complaining about what the team did in the past, seems to forget that that decision cost them their job!

And now we get t see what the new guys do?

Let’s at least hope they don’t fuck it up to bad huh??????

I think he’s a third rounder. He’ll probably go low second. I think he’s gonna take time to develop. It’s hard to say what his ceiling is. I don’t think it’s 10-12 sacks a year….probably more like 5-8. He’ll work hard and be coachable. He’s a good kid.

What Randy said. Not so much footwork (mechanics) as pocket awareness (instinct). You can teach mechanics, but you cannot teach instinct.

I’ve heard negative things about Haskins long/mid range accuracy too
    Generally speaking he’s very accurate
    But he did throw a ton of short stuff at OSU

But it’s nitpicking season so make sure you put it in perspective

• ocalarob says:

every qb has the same short and long throws, they don’t design an offense to pad the qbs stats they design it to win. were the 50 tds screens?
      i can just look at the guy and tell he’s the real deal, he moves around like marino.

We have to do our annual –
    Who do you want/who do you think we’ll take
    We should start it on Wednesday

we should do the drafts we use to do..that was fun, have different bloggers representing different teams, i think piggy set that up.

i don’t think we have a shot at haskins unless we move up, if he gets by NY we would have to get in front of cincinatti.

would we give our 1st and 2nd for Haskins???

April 21, 2019 at 8:36 pm
    ———

Maybe this is why none of the other Cheats coaches, turned head coach, didnt succeed, they were specialists.

I agree with Tim’s statement.

Want/Get
    Haskins/Ferrell

Want – Josh Allen
    Get – Wilkins

A 2nd round pick to move up and take a QB would be fine if he’s your guy

I just prefer we keep that 2nd so we can get some OL if we draft a QB

I could live with the 2nd if they felt strongly, but from #13 how far does that get you up? I’d say maybe to #9.

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).

Whether to keep going up to you guys, but add and cut & paste if want to. So if continues will be a board self-service thing.

73. BailBondMike says:

Want – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen
    Get – trade back a little for Wilkins

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins

🙂
    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Isaiah Buggs, DE/DT, Alabama (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Ross Pierschbacher, OG, Alabama (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Greg Gaines, DT, Washington (A)
    Round 7 Pick 19: Gardner Minshew II, QB, Washington St. (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 20: Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson (A+)

When the fuck are we going to tell these people they need help instead of legitimizing crazy… Jesus

And if the Giants get Rosen….. a QB falls some. Might give us Haskins.
    —————————
    “So what happens with Josh Rosen? The two teams I hear most in trade discussions are the Giants and Dolphins.”
    — Todd McShay

Haskins/ Wilkins

There are quite a few prospects I’d be happy to see us draft.

Ill b honest i cant come up with many that i wouldn’t be happy with us drafting. Might be a few i scratch my head about, but i dont think overall id be disappointed.

I find it hard to believe at the age of 38 that the Giants will move on from Manning, he will be sought after if he hits F-A’cy, the Giants always draft edge rushers early, they lost Vernon so they will be in the market. Eli knows this team, he has 2 SB’s in his resume.
    if i had to bet i think they won’t draft Haskins.

Would you believe at 39? 40? I can easily see them drafting a QB to groom when Eli is done, it’s not far fetched in the least

• ocalarob says:

if you re-up his contract he will be there at least 4 more years, plenty of time to replace him, he is in the last year of his contract so if they are going to replace him this will be the last year he plays for them.

they just need other pieces to compete, the QB spot shouldn’t be of concern but you never know, if they are hell bent on replacing him this would be the time to do it.

Every time Wyo takes an OL at #13 I throw darts at my Wyo dart board. lol

There is some buzz out there that the Dolphins have been doing extensive research on Josh Rosen. The Chargers are also reportedly interested.

That would take me some getting used to. I recall not really wanting to have anything to do with him last year even if he fell to #11 last year. I guess it would depend on the compensation, but even then I’m not sure I love us going forward with him as our QB

• ocalarob says:

I heard washington offered a 2nd, the cards are holding out for a 1st round pick. i heard we offered a 3rd???

Rob – I believe the Giants (Gettleman) when he says he likes Eli going forward this year and talk that he’s finished is premature. On the other hand, I also believe he would want to have a QB ready to go for the future.

• ocalarob says:

we shall see, using that #6 pick on a guy that won’t play vs taking the best edge rusher in the draft is the question?

The Cards can draft Murray and still hold on to Rosen, the first starter to go down next season may net them the 1st they are looking for.

Don’t believe me???

If the Giants are ready to take Haskims that would seal the deal, i don’t see us moving up that far.

I’m also not implying that the Giants are taking Haskins. They might like Lock and take him at #17, or Daniel Jones.

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

Dave Gettleman: Eli’s closer to farty than he is to thirty. lol

I heard that the Giants were interested in offering either of their 1st for him, and werent had only offered a third up until this point, which is also what i heard we offered. I thinkt he Pats offered a second. Al ot of that could be complete BS. Washington denied they made any offer though they had reported to be offering a second as well, so really its hard to know whats the real story and what isnt.

Might be a whole lot of BS, but if you believe the stories about what you said. Pats offered their 2nd, no one has offered more and Cards are asking for a 1st, even if for sure that wouldn’t mean ours without some serious change back.

Giants werent i meant.

Im not sure i think the Giants would take Haskins, I think Denver is much more interested in Lock. I do think Cincy would take Haskins though. Home state star would drum up some excitement for the team and would give them a good guy in the wings if things finally come to an end with Dalton. I really dont see those two guy making it to us. Daniel Jones i think is someone that wouldnt make it much past us and Murray is a real crap shoot, because there is just so many rumors about him, and im not sure if any of them are nearly as certain as they seem. Oh Arizona loves him, he is for sure number 1. Oh no they dont love him they just want someone to make a big offer, its going to be the Raiders. Yadda yadda. I feel more certain though, that if a QB is available to us at 13 its going to be Jones or Murray, and possibly both and possibly neither. This should be a pretty interesting draft, even the very top of it isnt really certain. You are pretty sure what names will be called just not sure what order or how much moving around will happen.

Rumors are we wont have a shot at Ed Oliver but we may see him twice a year in a Bills uniform. Consolation prize…..not.

Tim – Either one of the Bills or Jets getting Oliver will suck, but fact is the Jets are getting a good real player if they stay at #3. We’ll see what happens with the Bills.

Yeah we can’t really worry about it. Just like last year when they got their potential franchise QBs. We need to follow our plan of rebuilding this team and hopefully by 2021 we’re built to compete with anyone.

That’s it man, just hope we get a nice start in this draft.

Oh yeah, we need to land some foundation players this year. If we can get 3 starter quality players and some depth and role players from this draft it was a success.

95. Krishna says:

BPA…….so that some of you are clear on my position as I’ve said it a zillion times.

I don’t believe that’s a QB at #13 and I’ve said that a zillion times and I don’t believe we should draft a QB that’s not worth it just because……

No QB in this draft in the first round meets the Parcells, Belichik tree requirements for drafting a QB…..Brady did, Marino did, Prescott, etc., IMO or is worthy of the chance. I will begrudgingly say if Haskins is there, maybe. I’m much more intrigued by a later round Will Grier selection.

Defense wins SBs, not QBs…..history is so clear on that and that’s the only reason we have two SBs and been in one other which is ancient history . Marino reached one and never got to another one because Shula was so loyal to Olivadatti that it tarnished Marino’s legacy by never winning a SB.

Teams in the playoffs consistently year in and year out have top 10 defenses.

Let’s build a winner!!!! That’s all I want…hallucinating about my childhood days.

Go Dolphins!

I agree about defense. You want to be able to score points but if you don’t have a defense you’re not getting to the Super Bowl.

96. Krishna says:

What Tim Knight said about foundation players and 3 starters……my hope, as well.

97. Krishna says:

NFL website on defenses and SBs:

One of the most interesting FACT-the average ranking for SB teams’ defenses is 7. Hmmmm.

Another fact I saw….Brady’s lowest ranked defense winning a SB was 17.

98. Krishna says:

The 72 Dolphins that few witnessed on this blog was number 1, baby!!!!

99. Krishna says:

And, not to spark a debate about T-hill, but if we had a defense that didn’t rank in the bottom over the last 5-10 years, we probably wouldn’t be looking for a QB.

I will never forget how we lost to the Colts when we had the ball over 45 minutes in the game and Manning won the game with less than 45 seconds…..just shameful. I had never seen that before or even believed it was possible.

his brother has two rings and he has never been better than mediocre. In Eli’s 16 year “franchise” career was a 60% passer with an 84.1 passer ratting.

on a side note YES NY is looking for a QB

• Krishna says:

Yep….I never thought Eli came anywhere near Peyton’s skills, but the Giants D has always been a good one for as long as I can remember.

Eli plays big in big games though.

• Krishna says:

Catching a ball off one’s head and falling back on a throw as a hail mary helps too

Did you see what Eli had to do to even get that throw off? That was more impressive than the catch.

• Krishna says:

Everyone get’s lucky…. I don’t remember that play as Eli showing his unbelievable skill set. I remember it completely different and I think most of those that saw it do to, but I could be wrong….

• Krishna says:

More to the point is Rockphin’s comment.

100. Krishna says:

Back to Tim Knight’s comment about foundational starters in this year’s draft….if they were all on the line (at least 2) and one other…..we might have a top 10 D next year. Might.

i’D SETTLE FOR A TOP 20 DEFENSE THIS YEAR!! Miami allowed a franchise worst 6257 yards of total offense last season and finished 29th in total defense.

KRISHNA: The 72 Dolphins had BOTH the #1 defense AND the #1 offense in the NFL that year. They set a new NFL record for most yards rushing in a season that year.
    ————-
    YOU KNOW, after the dust from the draft settles, maybe the managers of this site should run a few episodes of “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION?”

• Krishna says:

I forgot about the #1 RUN offense….but with Csonka, Kick, and Morris and the best OL in the NFL, how could I forget.

Old school and perfection, indeed.

This mock ROCKS

7: R5P19 QB BRETT RYPIEN BOISE STATE
    8: R7P19 CB ALEXANDER MYRES HOUSTON
    9: R7P20 S JOJO MCINTOSH WASHINGTON

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

Eli to Tyree. He should have been sacked multiple times.

he broke several hand tackles…

Dude, so you’re going to downplay this because you’re not a fan of his? Come on! There were so many opportunities for the defenders to prevent that throw from ever happening.

• Krishna says:

Thanks, Tim. I thought 8 and 5 were pretty good.

I guess throwing and connecting to wide open receivers is the new top ten.

For number one, I will say he stayed on his feet and got the ball off. It should have been a pick and the receiver made the play. That’s how I saw it then and how I see it now. I remember at the time it was OMG WTF he caught that!!!! Not what a great play by Eli.

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell
    Rock – Josh Allen / Ferrell

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

That was a great catch by David Tyree

April 22, 2019 at 10:04 pm

Dude, so you’re going to downplay this because you’re not a fan of his?

why not? it is a very common practice on this board.

but my whole point isn’t the “great play” he had hucking the ball up for grabs to Tyree. It is that he has been a medifucingocre QB for 16 years. He HASN’T elevated his team as everyone on here says a franchise QB must do.

Eli is a terrible QB but he is a big part of two of my favorite SBs of all time. I wish I lived in Boston those two years….

How about it was an amazing play by both Eli and Tyree. If Eli doesn’t do what he does the catch never happens. When my family and I watched that game we all said ahh shit he’s sacked. Wait… he escaped, oh shit up for grabs, he caught it!!!! Yes!!! Ge caught it!!! It took two to tango on that play.

Okay I’ll play but I’m open to more prospects than this.

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell
    Rock – Josh Allen / Ferrell
    Tim – QB they like / Wilkins

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

Rock, Eli has been super durable, never missed a game and once he became the starter never missed a start until doofus Ben McAdoo started Geno Smith over him. He can make every throw and he played big in big games. No he’s not an all-time great week to week or year to year but he has intangibles that many QBs who have the stats do not have. The main one is dependability.

• Krishna says:

I might say pedigree…..Archie, Peyton, the apple doesn’t fall from the tree. He’s got tools, but he’s no Peyton.

And, I thought it was pretty shitty what McAdoo did, but I don’t really follow the Giants anymore since about 1993 when I left the area.

112. ElephantRider says:

Want/Get

Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell
    Rock – Josh Allen / Ferrell
    Tim – QB they like / Wilkins
    ER – Allen / Wilkins

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

113. Just thought I’d stop by and add my 2 cents before the draft. Grier stated he thinks there’s 5 elite DL in this draft. He also said he feels pretty good about getting one at #13. However, if one isn’t there I can see him trading back because he also said that there could be about 5 guys they really like they feel they can have a shot at a little later.

Once you get beyond those 5 elite guys on D things start to even out a bit. So, it’s possible they trade back and take someone like Simmons if they have a shot or Wilkins, Lawrence. Who knows. But I doubt they stay at #13 and take one of them if they feel they can get one later.

He stated he was already approached at the owner’s meetings by teams looking to move up and would start receiving calls on Monday about the same. Probably made calls himself.

Peter King stated Miami was the most active in talking to ARI about Rosen. I doubt it happens but I think they were really trying to have their franchise qb in place for this season.

My favs list that I want to see on this roster after the draft:
    1. Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo
    2. Cole Holcomb, SS, UNC
    3. Olamide Zaccheaus, WR/HB, UVA
    4. Reggie Gallaspy, RB, NC State
    5. David Blough, QB, Purdue

Other than that, if they come away with any combination of offensive and defensive linemen I’ll be happy.

114. Want/Get
    Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell
    Rock – Josh Allen / Ferrell
    Tim – QB they like / Wilkins
    ER – Allen / Wilkins
    Prof Lou- Simmons/Simmons

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

115. Reggie Gallaspy is a bulldozer type guy who will probably go undrafted and can add that tough yardage rb to our team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaX0UH3Vej0

116. dbolt48 says:

Want/Get
    Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell
    Rock – Josh Allen / Ferrell
    Tim – QB they like / Wilkins
    ER – Allen / Wilkins
    Prof Lou- Simmons/Simmons
    Dbolt- trade down Lindstrom / Wilkins

Hey DBolt! I see you want Lindstrom – I know we all fall in love with those Joel Bitonio type players, they’ve all turned out to be good NFL players.

• dbolt48 says:

Truly like Lindstrom, but I can see why the team would go Wilkins over him. I think the depth for OL is a little better in RDs 2-3 than DT. So Im prepared for DT, DE, followed by OL.

T minus 2 days and 10-11 hours

It’s so funny. It’s one of the events I look forward to most and more than 3/4 of the time I’m disappointed with what we do. Isn’t that sad?

I tend to think lindstrom might be available in the 2nd

Haskins in the 1 st and lindstrom in the 2nd would be quite a haul

• dbolt48 says:

Yes it would. You could still get a good DE prospect in rds 3-5….just think the DT talent might fall off quicker.

If we get a QB in the 1st I’m probably going OL in 2 of the next 3 rounds

You can also go DL/edge in the 2st and interior OL in the 2nd

I agree with you in the DT talent – it tends to fall off pretty quickly

• dbolt48 says:

Honestly, if they did go QB first then they would need to invest at OG in the 2nd. I think you still go DE in 3 & possibly 4. The DT spot is the big ? for me w/ what they are truly looking for.

Want/Get
    Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell
    Rock – Josh Allen / Ferrell
    Tim – QB they like / Wilkins
    ER – Allen / Wilkins
    Prof Lou- Simmons/Simmons
    Dbolt- trade down Lindstrom / Wilkins
    M13- Josh Allen/Ferrell

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

122. dbolt48 says:

Saw that….I doubt he drops due to that as he played with it already and still put up 26reps of 225 at the combine. So it shows he can function with it and can also tough it out. If Miami had their eyes on him as an elite DL I don’t think this would scare them off.

I was kind of hoping he would go before we picked

He’s One of the few top rated players I really don’t care for
      His teammate consistently outplayed him

• dbolt48 says:

In regards to UM players, there’s plenty of talent on those squads, but it feels like they aren’t getting overly developed by Jim and company. Is it coaching or is it just players? With as much talent as they are lauded for defensively how do they get schlacked by OSU like they do….just really strange.

Police dog injured while chasing a suspect. Was going after the guy but found something else. No matter how much you train them dogs will be dogs will be…. poor pooch.

Wilkins and Ferrell are real popular choices for who we might actually get. Aren’t both of those Tigers better suited to a 4-3 though?

They played in a 4-3 but they have the size and skills to play either. Ferrell for example makes doe a DE/3-4OLB and Wilkins is more 4-3 DT/3-4NT maybe capable of 3-4 DE as well.

While at work yesterday (forget who it came from, but very credible source), I read a tweet that stated Montez Sweat is completely off the draft boards of several teams, due to his heart condition.

There is a chance Sweat could be there for us @ R1P13, though I highly doubt it. Now should he be there for us, I’d go running to the podium for him.

Trust your Dr’s. If they think he is ok, make the selection, if they feel he is a risk, wait until you think the risk meets the potential reward.

Absolutely agreed, D. If our doctors think he’s okay, run to the podium for him if he’s there for us.

They didn’t even bring him back for another check at the combine. Why all of a sudden is it such a big deal?

April 23, 2019 at 12:22 pm
    ————
    It’s only about the revelation that Sweat is off some boards.

Trust our DR’s?

Tell me about Brees’s shoulder again????????
    How is What’s his names knee again????

It doesn’t matter what happens with Sweat, we’re taking Haskins at #13. 😉

Haskins is the consensus QB2 in this draft, and some will tell ya QB1 (but for the Cardinals’ love fest for Murray via Kingsbury).

I truly believe that if we want Haskins that badly, we’re going to have to trade up to get him. I STRONGLY suggest against doing as much for a mere 1-year starter. At least Tannehill had 1.5 years of starting before we drafted him @ R1P8.

I suppose I’m just trying to temper your expectations, Mike E! 🙂

They get paid the big bucks to make those projections. Darnold played 2 years, but played worse his 2nd year. You have to make big boy decisions. I don’t eliminate Haskins because of his lack of playing time, I either like what he has or I don’t.

M – I rarely get what I want in the draft, my expectations are pre-tempered.

Mike, not saying we won’t draft Haskins if we can but you’re setting yourself up to be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

Nah, not really. I think either someone is going to take him before we pick. If we’re going to take him, we might trade up to get him, or much more unlikely, he falls to us at #13. At that point, it would be interesting if we didn’t take him, which is entirely possible. That’s probably the only way I’d be disappointed was if he fell to us, and we didn’t take him.

Mike E (and all, actually),

I’ve heard on good authority that Chris Grier REALLY likes Alabama and Ohio State players. That being said, you’re either going to love it if we land Dwayne Haskins, or hate it if we land Jonah Williams.

From two days ago…

M13’s 2nd 2019 Miami Dolphins’ Draft (to be finalized before the Draft)

R1P13: Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama, or Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    R2P16: Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan, or Michael Deiter, OG Wisconsin
    R3P14: Isaiah Buggs, DT/DE, Alabama, or Kingsley Keke, DT/DE, Texas A&M
    R4P14: Max Scharping, OT, NIU
    R5P13: Sutton Smith, OLB, NIU
    R7P19: Xavier Turner, RB, Tarleton State
    R7P20: Stephen Denmark, CB, Valdosta State

UDFA: Dominick Bragalone, RB, Lehigh (assist from Dbolt), Trace McSorley, QB, PSU, more to come…

I’m not sure what it is about NIU, but I’ve been following that team for some years now (along with Dbolt and Lou).

This guy is OUTSTANDING!!! MAN-CRUSH University from last year…

Sutton Smith: #1 in 2018 FBS in tackles for loss (27) and #3 in 2018 FBS in sacks (15). Biggest knock? His size: 6’0, 233.

wyoming85 says:
    April 23, 2019 at 12:32 pm

Trust our DR’s?

Tell me about Brees’s shoulder again????????
    How is What’s his names knee again????
    —————————————–
    So do you not trust them ever? Who else do you trust?

Chiefs make a lot more sense than us trading for Clark. They’re close.

Clark would have made sense for us but not at that cost. Clark could have anchored the DL for next 5 years or more. We simply cant sacrifice the building steps we need to make this year for that though. If we could have done it with a swap of picks or something more reasonable in compensation, it would have been a good move i think.

Yeah man, that’s what I meant. Not for all those picks. Again, even if he was a free agent, I’m not sure we’d be looking to spend that kind of money anyway, but it would have been a lot more likely than adding in all those draft picks.

People are moving Chase Winovich down their draft boards because he apparently is already playing up like a Gronk celeb status player in the making. They think h is going to be hard to manage and potentially cause locker room issues. No that said, a coach like Flores probably isnt afraid of managing a player like that, but the question would be would he want to have to.

I saw him on GMF and he is a character but there was nothing about him I didn’t like.

Just what i read posted on some internet blogs/draft sites. Its the rumor around him and why a few people have lowered him on their boards.

wyoming85 says:
    April 23, 2019 at 12:32 pm

Trust our DR’s?

Tell me about Brees’s shoulder again????????
    How is What’s his names knee again????
    —————————————–
    So do you not trust them ever? Who else do you trust?
    ___________________________________________

Just for reference!
    For ya’ll bitching about not having a franchise QB

And after that D I wouldn’t trust anyone!

Oh trust me we whiffed twice on a HOF guy, could have had him twice missed both times. Dr’s are still the only ones we can trust in situations like this, despite how jaded we are as fans, if he tells us that Sweat checks out then thats what we have to go on.

I’m still trying to figure out who Stanger is talking about . . .

Reshad Jones. I get confused by unusual first names. And least some have said KC might be interested in him.

I figured that might be who you meant. They picked up Tyrann Mathieu, they don’t need Reshad anymore

So you figured but were still trying to figure…… but I deserved it. 🙂

Stanger – No – The other person I was thinking you might have meant was Albert Wilson, had it narrowed down to those 2. 🙂 They still have issues with Tyreek Hill.

But he said on defense. LOL

No problem with the name Albert, but who is the Tyreek guy? Or are you talking about one of the Ezekiels? But who am I to throw stones at unusual names? Have Bergess, Zora, Ephraim and a bunch of others in my family tree….. but only know them cause know them.

I figured you were thinking Landry Jones, which is or was a backup QB for Big Rape for a little while, so i was leaning towards Rashad Jones but figured id just let ya clarify.

Pass rushers are really expensive now. You better draft them well and often.

Thats been true since the days of LT.

QB, DE, OT, and CB have been positions you need to either consistently draft well at or get ready to shell out some money to keep what ya got. Recent years OG, S, LB, and WR have peaked up a bit, and become moderately expensive to keep and TE and RB are becoming positions that unless you got a once in a decade player you really dont pay a lot for in FA.

You really can only juggle 2-3 of the top group or 3-4 of the second group at a time. 5-7 of both groups combined and the rest has to be players you are filling with cheap, usually young players. So you cant have more than 10-15% of your final roster filled with top tier players and the rest you have to have a mix of good contributors and young cheap talent.

So how important is the draft? about 50% of your roster is going to have to be on rookie contracts to be in a good economical position, so how good you hit on your draft picks and UDFA pickups determines how good half of your roster is.

Now even the good ones who you may not consider “elite” are getting paid as elite.

I think we see 3 QB’s gone, and very likely 4 by the time we pick. The most iffy i am on any of them though is the one everyone thinks is the number 1 overall. I think Grier also has a good chance of going int he 1st round too, though i kind of would suspect later in the round and maybe even to a team that currently has an established starter.

We weren’t paying Clark that kind of money even if he was a FA.

No!!! You have to draft them and when they get into their 3rd year and you have a good one, draft another one.

• ocalarob says:

what a great player who was drafted 63 overall, trade back and get multiple 2nd rnders

Frank Clark 2nd rd, DeMarcus Lawrence 2nd rd, Chris Jones 2nd rd, Trey Flowers 4th rd. They do come from outside the 1st rd.

For the record if the Chiefs or any other team for that matter offered us similar compensation for Jones, he’s a gone goose.

Arizona would be a really good target to trade Jones actually. They are fairly weak in the secondary and Jones with Peterson would make them really solid no matter how the rest of the group panned out. Maybe Jones for Rosen and our 3rd, we offload a heavy contract, gain a young QB, potential franchise guy, we are still in a position to draft in 2020, we clear our draft this year to address other spots and possible trade back to pick up extra picks, and they get a still fairly young, top safety who they can easily mange his contract under their cap. They also still gain picks in this scenario because they picked up our 3rd.

I like his 1980s devil worshiper metal hand sign

If you play his tape backwards are there subliminal messages?

I just read somewhere where something was going on surrounding Patrick Peterson and Arizona possibly looking to trade him, and that part of the rumor indicated it might be some sort of package deal that included Rosen.

So just for silliness sake. Patrick Peterson, Josh Rosen for our Pick 13? We pick up a big contract, get a great, but about to hit the downhill side of a career CB, a potential QB of the future but at the cost of our number one pick this year. We also get a really good mentor for X and any of our other CB’s. Or even Paterick Peterson, Rosen, for out 3rd and Jones. We get help at CB where we need it, they get it at S where they ned it we swap bad contracts and the swap of Rosen for the 3rd is same as previously stated.

Not only would it not surprise me, but I’d be fine with it – drafting all lineman first 3 picks in any order but I think it would be 2 DL and 1 OL. I’d prefer to have the trenches upgraded and sound before “the big” QB. No idea what we’ll do but this wasn’t surprise me at all.

One thing I’ll say about Josh Rosen because he’s in the news a lot and they show a lot of his highlights, he throws a nice ball. Very good arm and he’s mobile enough. The question about him is can he be a leader, can he be durable and take his game to a top level?

He has talent

I liked him better than Allen or Darnold last year

But i like Haskins more this year
      And I think I like most of the 2020 prospects more than him

I wouldn’t hate a trade for Rosen, but it’s not like he’s a vet where you know what you are getting

He’s a risk just like a rookie would be
      And there’s a few rookies or 2020 prospects I think I would rather have

There’s NFL film on him now good and bad. No college prospect has that. I’m not calling for us to trade for him, I’m just pointing out another QB option we keep hearing about.

I don’t know Tim

After a season with a bad cardinals team where he was sacked over 40 times, I kind of view him as somenone you are starting from scratch with

154. ElephantRider says:

So what’s the forgiveness for DV? Apparently if you’re the Chiefs, it’s about 5 years…..

Huh?

It took me a minute too

Domestic violence

I didn’t know that about him

It’s weird, given they cut hunt last season
      I guess the forgiveness varies by position…lol

• ElephantRider says:

Sorry guys. I did M’s pet peeve and abbreviated. LOL

I just didn’t know that abbreviation “DV”

I was thinking you meant he worked for the DMV and your license renewal experience was really bad

Pig — If I was GM Kareem Hunt would be on the Phins. Every team passed on the waiver wire. Yeah was bad….. but figured by the time the suspension was over no one would be caring that much after he did his time.

I think the Chiefs cut Hunt because he lied to them about it. They probably would have worked with him being suspended and whatever legal stuff he was going through. He told the team it never happened.

As for Clark, his was in college and played for Seattle for 4 seasons in the NFL. It seems nobody cared about it.

Stanger, Hunt is on the Browns suspended for 8 games.

Know that Tim — was a big part of my point. Would have grabbed him off the wire in a second at the time.

Oh I thought you meant sign him now. I don’t think Grier and Flores wanted to start off with that story instead of focusing on rebuilding the team.

Like Tim said, it would be quite the controversy but I start with

I would pass on Hunt
        We have a couple of good RBs

• ElephantRider says:

Yep. The Browns have plenty of divas on the team to distract from Hunt

Tim — He was on the waiver wire like last October or such. Was not a Ray Rice thing. At the time was seeing 6-8 games suspension and most of all one of the NFLs best RBs on a rookie contract.

My perspective on players is that a player that commits a crime, especially a violent one they are both extremely selfish, but they are bound to repeat things because in the core of who you are as a person, you know thats a line not to cross and if they can cross it, all it takes is similar conditions and they will cross it again.

Thats not to say that a person cant learn from a mistake, grown and put it behind them, BUT everything they do after should be closely investigated to see just how past their past they are. In the case of Hunt vs Clark, id be more inclined to give Clark the chance to be past his past than Hunt, simply from the fact of 1) There seemed to be accountability and contrition for his act, and 2) He has remained clean since. Hunt has done neither, and the fact he initially like and said it didn’t happen really feels like there is more of a chance for re-occurrence.

Its a bad look either way, but i think Clark seems more like he has paid his dues.

Piggy, what do you think of my 4:03 post? How would you feel about that?

This post?

April 23, 2019 at 4:03 pm (Edit)

April 23, 2019 at 4:03 pm
    ————–
    Then I take you like my mock draft for our Phins?!!

Yes or something like that. I’m not getting into specific prospects because I don’t know who is high on our board. But the strategy makes sense. I do more positional mocks in case you haven’t noticed. Like within our first 5 picks if we don’t make trades 2 DL, 2OL and 1 QB. Not sure in what order. This draft happens to have value for us at positions of need. Drafting for need is fine if the value is there. It’s when you reach for need that’s not a good practice.

ElephantRider says:
    April 23, 2019 at 4:50 pm
    Sorry guys. I did M’s pet peeve and abbreviated. LOL
    ———–
    Hey, “DV” is something I thought we ALL knew, in all seriousness. I got ya the first time I read ya.

Stanger, I know the Hunt scenario. I thought you were unaware that he was signed. I misunderstood what you meant. It’s all good.

April 23, 2019 at 5:20 pm
    ————–
    How is this not a “Ray Rice thing”, I ask? Yes, I’m playing devil’s advocate, of course. DV is DV, in the eyes on Emperor Goodell. We continue to see things play inconsistently under the Emperor’s decision making, from suspending people who aren’t convicted by the law, to not suspending people who have been convicted by the law.

#FireGoodell!

Both were unnecessary violence towards women, but I watched both tapes and decided one was not as severe as the other. And so did Emperor Goodell. Do you think what Hunt did was worse? And for sure what both did were very bad, but do you think what Hunt did worse or at least the same?

I call INCONSISTENCY, my friend. We either tolerate DV, or we don’t. There’s no ‘middle-ground’, to be sure.

I can call out Emperor Goodell’s INCONSISTENCIES.

M13 — you can call out whatever you want. I just happen to think there is a difference btwn an unasked for kiss and rape. So sometimes I do see a middle ground…. even if both of those are wrong.

Most of my mocks have been 2 DL and an OL with the first 3 picks

I’ve always liked It when teams build to make units better or with a focus in mind – like building up front

The only scenario I wouldn’t love that if it we passed on Haskins to take one of those positions

Other than that, I’m pretty sure 13 should be OL, DL or Edge

And the early rounds should follow that

I don’t really want to draft skill positions or LB or DBs this year
    Not early anyway

• dbolt48 says:

I think a DE/LB hybrid is definitely on the table like Hollins or Sutton Smith.

I don’t think LB is really an option
        Or not the way I traditionally look at LB

But I do think guys up front you can move around makes sense

165. dbolt48 says:

Anyone read this? Wonder if Haskins father is part of the reason he’s perceived to be sliding a bit.
    I called Dwayne Haskins father to do a story on his NJ roots and possible return to #Giants. Here is the strange conversation we had before he hung up on me. A taste of what reporting is like: nj.com/giants/2019/04… #nfldraft #nyg #nygiants

April 23, 2019 at 5:47 pm
    —————
    RULES/LAW are the RULES/LAW, MR. Stanger. I’m not talking about Joe Biden (as I assume you’re referring to), I’m talking about Emperor Goodell’s NFL ‘Laws of Justice’… and all of it’s INCONSISTENCIES, sir.

You can talk about whatever you want, but don’t put things on me that have not said. What did say was what Rice was caught on tape doing was worse than what Hunt was on tape doing. And that thought — like Goodell — that Rice’s punishment should be more severe than Hunt’s. Do you agree with that or not agree? Or feel free to go on to something else. But please do not put whatever that is on me while you use your caps button.

I used the word “assume”, as you seemed to reference the recent “anasked for kiss(es)” regarding Joe Biden. Apologies if that’s what ya weren’t going for. Aside from that, I don’t really know what you were referring to with “anasked for kiss”.

Goodell publicly stated that he’s taking DV VERY SERIOUSLY (caps or not, from me).

Do you understand what I’m trying to say?

You seem to think that I’m attacking YOU, Stanger… I am NOT! I’m attacking Emperor Goodell.

Well then go attack Goodell all you want. Would have been nice if you answered my Q (since agreed with him on this one), but perfectly happy to leave it btwn you and him and me not involved.

167. dbolt48 says:

The best 2 play act that I’ve read recently!

Chris Perkins (@chrisperk) Tweeted:
    Rejoice Dolphins fans! You’ll get a QB this week https://t.co/A1SRnNQ0ph

Hussein Rizk (@HusseinRizk) Tweeted:
    @chrisperk Pay to read? Fuck off

I thought DV stood for Dinosaur Vagina…. thats generally what i mean when i use that acronym

169. ElephantRider says:

As far as abbreviation goes…

My B!

April 23, 2019 at 5:20 pm
    ————–

#FireGoodell!
    —————————————————-
    Ya know what they say about playing devils advocate right? Its just way to state a potentially unpopular opinion while leaving yourself a back door.

I do believe in consistency in punishment, and yes we have already seen a good deal of inconsistency in the punishments through the different cases, but i will say that Ray Rices back hand knocking his gf completely unconscious and then him kicking at her to get her to get up before dragging her out of the elevator does seem to me to be a bit more drastic evidence and something that could not be ignored than what was there in the Hunt case.

Is the Hunt case anymore ok, no because violence against women shouldn’t have an acceptable level nor gradients of levels in between. There needed to be punishment and severe enough to lave a mark,but even in society Murder 1 doesn’t care the same punishment in all cases across the US, so you can expect a little variance in here until there comes at least a base punishment in the conduct policy to build off of.

Hunt’s biggest mistake was that he didn’t let his friends pull him away as they were trying real hard to do, but guess he found a hole in the defense on that one. Think the punishment was fair given what he did do.

April 23, 2019 at 6:10 pm
    —————
    I’ll gladly answer your question, my friend. What’s the difference between 2nd and 3rd degree murder? A murder occurred.

From what I have heard is ARZ isn’t willing to take a 3rd for Rosen. My guess is if nothing gets done prior to the draft or during the 1st and then the 2nd, they eventually take a 3rd on day two. If they take Murray of course. I don’t see them both existing on the same team. Makes no sense.

Stanger,

I’m just pressing you on what I feel is BS from Roger Goodell. And I’m not pressing you because I disagree with you (I actually DO agree with you!), I’m pressing you because I respect you, man!

I want the TRUTH! And I hope my pressing of you helps to uncover the TRUTH! You KNOW I respect the heck out you, man!!! 🙂

Some will call me bi-polar, but I’m not. I just sometimes have to play ‘devil’s advocate’ with an intelligent cat like you, sir.

If ya don’t believe me, YES… what Ray Rice did was FAR worse than what had happened with Kareem Hunt.

If you agree with me then seems all is cool. And I don’t know that the truth is on any of this. Can only go by the vids and the articles. If you want my opinion on something please just ask though. More than happy to offer.

That was awesome. Think as we get closer to Nov 2020 the conservative folks are going to get less and less unhappy about the late night folks going after Trump. And in the run-ups going be the Dems in the news.

I think Drake and Ballage along with a grinder to smash it inside a few times per game could be a really good backfield.

The way I see it is, Republicans with the exception of a few idiots who say stupid things, are just laying low and allowing the far left of the Democratic Party to freak the entire country out with anti-American rhetoric.

176. BailBondMike says:

Piggy, my mocks seem to come up same as well. 2 DL/DE and 1 OL with first 3 picks.

Wyoming, I don’t want one of these early QB’s. If we draft one at all this year, I hope it is Minschew!

I would love to see us build the trenches and land a mid or late round sleeper QB. It would be fun and would change how things have gone for this team. We could use some good fortune like that. New England South. 😉

• dbolt48 says:

It all starts up front.

• so would I and I also would love to see us go into this draft without needing to get our franchise qb. think about a scenario where we trade back and take Simmons, giving us at least a 3rd and we give up a 3rd to ARI to get Rosen. How great would that be?

there’s a lot of talent to be had on the offensive line and yesterday I was hearing how some GM’s feel the meat of the draft is in rounds 2 to 4 and it sure looks that way.

Some would say it all starts with the QB . . .

Not so Phelon – If you’re rebuilding your team, you have the #1 pick, and you have a QB and a LT rated similarly, you don’t have either at the time who do you take?

180. ElephantRider says:

Having your QB just makes everything soooooo much easier…

It does but not always. See Dan Marino in his young prime from 86-89. 😦

Think about him on a good balanced team during that era.

• ElephantRider says:

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. I use GB as an example all the time. These are 3-4 win teams without these guys. ARod got his ring and GB are usually a perennial contender. But without him they are terrible.

I don’t want that type of team though. Everything is all wrapped in one guy, the QB.

181. I am just soooooooo glad we didn’t get involved in going after any of these high priced free agents or player trades.

182. ElephantRider says:

Are we talking about just your QB you are going with or an elite QB?

If you have an elite QB, he will cover up alot of stuff until you get all the pieces.

183. PP,
    Peoples is 5’9″ 222 and Gallaspy is 5’11” 235. Gallaspy had 18 td’s last year, 4.97 ypc and he’s a tough goal line runner. You get all the way down there and you’re just able to punch it in anytime you want or have that ability to do so and it’s tough to defend.

Jesus, you guys are getting punchy. Thursday can’t come quick enough. Lol

Dear God, please hear my plea and ignore these others!

DO NOT allow one year wonder / future bust QB from big 10 Ohio to be selected by the Miami dolphins.

Just as I asked, no need to twist the question. You have both players rated at about 6.3. No tricks. Do you take the QB or the LT?

If we targeted a QB in the first round

I still think we have day 2 and day 3 to improve the OL
    And that will go a long way to the foundation of a good team

Defensively we have some good young pieces
    I worry about our pass rush and generally our DL
    But if we can bring in a QB and OL this draft, that will be a great draft

On the other hand so will getting better up front and thinking about QB next year

I really think we have the beginnings of a good, young defense. 2 or 3 more pieces, and we could be really good in a few years. Edge rusher is paramount this year or next.

Piggy,
    I agree. The nice thing is that there are usually a few high end pass rushers available every draft. You can find them in the draft, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be a top 10 pick. If it were me, I’d probably draft 3 or 4 over the next couple years.

190. Although I’d rather a scenario where we were able to retain our first, get Rosen, and take a DL in the first I wouldn’t be disappointed if we took Haskins #13 if he were to fall there.

There is absolutely NO doubt he has the highest ceiling of any of the qb’s in this draft and while Murray may be the better athlete, he is the better quarterback talent. If you watched him progress from his 2017 season and throughout the 2018 season and saw him grow into the position and mature at it you could see how good he was going to be. And, if you watch how he explains plays and what he was looking at with a defense and what he was doing on the play and see the execution, his understanding of what is going on there is no doubt he will excel at the next level.

191. every time Rosen is brought up someone always points out that the team didn’t like him last year and although that may be true, it’s a different time and a different place.

this year we’ve got a new OC who was a quarterbacks coach. then we have Caldwell. and McKenzie. it’s very possible O’Shea or Caldwell or both said “I’d love the opportunity to work with Rosen. he’s got what I’m looking for”.

so, just because we didn’t like him last year it could just be that Gase didn’t want to work with him and that was it because Grier did say in his pre-draft presser that he would never force a player on a coach.

In terms of a trade

Any idea what the cards want?

• I don’t have a clue. The topic came up again when King said nobody has shown more interest in Rosen than we have and gave a scenario where ARI picks Murray and we call and offer a 3rd for Rosen and it’s all they got. I’d even be okay if we gave up our 2020 1st to be honest. As long as we’re not touching picks this year unless it is in the 3rd because we could possibly recoup that with a trade down.

I’d give this year’s second round pick for Rosen. I went and watched film of his games because I really had no clue how he actually played. He had an uneven rookie season, but the kid has talent. He throws a very pretty ball. He made rookie mistakes like being late on throws and screwing up protections, but he was a rookie. I think he’s a better talent than any QB in this draft.

• I did the same thing you did. he definitely has the talent and what I think a lot of people miss where he is concerned is he is super athletic. he’s a world class tennis player too. so, he’s got some wheels.

but, yeah, I agree. he throws a very pretty ball. some of those throws down the right sideline dropping dimes between defenders were really nice. he needs to learn from his mistakes but I think our team is the perfect place for him.

April 23, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Everyone ready to have their hopes and dreams crushed again on Thursday?

• there’s only 1 thing that will crush mine. Daniel Jones

There is no QB I am really sold on in this year’s draft. To me Jones is no different than any of the other top 3 or 4 QBs. Next year I think Tua, Herbert and Fromm are better than anyone in this year’s class

• ocalarob says:

not sure about Fromm but Tua plays on a team that has way more talent then there opponents, so it’s hard to gauge…he’s also a lefty, other than Stabler i can’t think of any left handed qb worth a damn. Hebert had a not so good comp %.

Haskins may be better than the whole bunch IMO

Boomer Esiason was a lefty

• I think head to head Haskins compares favorably to Herbert. I think a lot of people are discounting his improvement from ’17 to ’18 and over the course of the season. If he had another season to compete I’m sure he’d be up there in the conversation with all of those other qb’s who should be in the draft next year. Especially if he had another really good season with the loss of talent his team will be losing on offense.

Lou:
        I agree that Haskins with one more good year could be a top flight pick. I would still put him behind the 3? I named but it wouldn’t be much separating them

I would be disappointed if we gave up anything for Rosen, he’s not a good QB, why do you think the cards want to dump him? I would very much rather draft our own QB this year or next instead of taking a hand me down.

Because I don’t think Kingsbury knows what he is doing

• ocalarob says:

they went 3-13, 55% compl pct, 11Tds 15 picks with fitzgerald as a rec!

Fitzgerald is almost old enough for a dirt nap. The team was in turmoil. Their best player was on IT and their OL was terrible. Too soon to give up on Rosen. That said I wouldn’t mortgage the future on him either but I would take him over Kyler Murray in a heartbeat

195. Krishna says:

I think the plan is to build a team for the future…..

No high-priced free agents, get rid of over priced contracts/underperformance for picks, including future picks….then the draft.

I could see us doubling down on the DL/DE and even going all in on defense to build/add pieces to the nice pieces we already have on defense. Wherever we find value on the defense to meet our needs. Then, next year go all in on O.

We do need a O right tackle…..and better OL over all.