Miami Dolphins 2019 Schedule – All the details

If you’re a real football fan, you know the schedule comes out this evening at 8PM EST. You also know I ain’t got no details fer ya, because there aren’t any details to give. We know besides our divisional foes that we’ll be hosting the Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins. We’ll be traveling to play the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers and the NY Giants, as well as our divisional foes. All this will take place precisely between September and December, so plan accordingly.

News is very slow at this time of year, and although the NFL Draft is just 8 days away, we know no more about what our plans are or which players we’re really interested. Job well done Miami Dolphins! That’s how it should be. Our local Miami beat reporters must be losing their collective minds. This is business done the way it should be done. Now all they have to do is actually ace every pick in this draft, do the same in 2020, and we’re on our way to championship football, right?

This evening past 8PM EST the first deliberations will begin for the 2019 Fest. The poll will probably go up tomorrow, or maybe the next day, depends on when Counselor Piggy is available. Rock will vote about 20-30 times for a game no one else wants to attend, and make sure to tell us too.

Next week, I’ll reveal my favorite players for this year’s draft (ooooh, I bet you can’t wait!). I may even make up a 7 RD Mock of who I’d like us to take, but don’t count on it. I saw some chatter that we will do a LIVE Mock Draft here this evening at 8PM EST. I encourage you all to participate, the more people in the better it will be. I know we’ll do RD 1, and if you all are enthusiastic enough to keep it going, maybe we’ll do RD 2 and more. So if you can make it, tonight at 8PM EST. LIVE Mock Draft!

Image result for miami dolphins 2019 schedule

1,617 Responses to Miami Dolphins 2019 Schedule – All the details

ORob,
    Kingsbury is the reason ARI is even appearing to move on from Rosen. I don’t think that’s a reasonable part of valuing Rosen.

• ocalarob says:

55% compl% 11-15 td-int ratio had fitz as a rec, went 3-13, granted the team had something to do with the record however his comp % sucks, he seems to be inaccurate.
      we need an accurate passer above all else, Haskins 70pct compl%, wilson 66% compl % rosen at 55 is horrible.

I would not even think about giving up a top 100 pick for a QB that is in his 2nd year had the worst record in the league and horrible stats as well, Fitzpatrick is better than Rosen

Ken says:
    April 23, 2019 at 10:04 pm
    Fitzgerald is almost old enough for a dirt nap. The team was in turmoil. Their best player was on IT and their OL was terrible. Too soon to give up on Rosen. That said I wouldn’t mortgage the future on him either but I would take him over Kyler Murray in a heartbeat
    ____________________________________________
    I don’t care for Murray as well, when has a running QB ever did anything in the NFL…Look at RG-3…that’s where Murrays headed.
    I’d take Haskins over the whole bunch including next years crop.

Steve Young was a left-handed QB. I’ll take him on my team any day.

5. ElephantRider says:

Wait….aren’t you a Tebow guy ORob?……..

• ocalarob says:

you can’t deny that he’s won every where he’s been giv’n a chance, took Denver to the divisional round of the playoffs on a team that was suppose to be bad.
      i’m not a tebow fan, in fact i don’t like the Gators, i’m a Cane fan but i give the man his due credit, best college player ever

• ocalarob says:

The reason Tebow won in Denver was because he has another dimension to his game that D’s find hard to account for, he runs like a FB and was able to extend drives with his running ability, even though he wasn’t a good passer what ever passing skills he had along with his running skills made him a winner.

• ElephantRider says:

He’s a lefty

• ocalarob says:

Like i said he didn’t pass very well

I just think Tua hasn’t been tested, he may be great, i just wonder how he will hold up on a team that isn’t heads above their opponents and may be not as good as their opponents. he didn’t seem all that good against Clemson

ORob,
    Geez, it was his rookie season on a horrible team. Lol
    ***
    Isn’t it possible he may get better?

• ocalarob says:

Do what you have to do to get Haskins, look at the KC QB, look at the cleve QB, they show promise, Rosen reminds me of Darnold, he may turn out to be great but he hasn’t shown a glimpse of it yet un- like Mahomes and Mayfield.

Mayfield has done nothing to say he’s anything special yet. Promising, yes. Need more than a year.

• ocalarob says:

and that’s what i said “promising” and so are his numbers….64% comp % 27 tds 14 picks

ORob,
    Ok, I think judging the kid after his rookie season is premature but that’s cool.
    ***
    BTW, In Dan Marino’s career, his completion % was under 60 12 out of his 17 seasons…..and never got as high as 65. I think you may over value that stat.

• ocalarob says:

Marino was more of a vertical passer, higher degree of difficulty.
      todays NFL is different with all the wr screens and short dump offs.

apples to oranges

if we were getting him for next to nothing i would go ahead but the Cards want a significant return for this guy. I don’t think we are in a position to do that. i think Fitzpatrick at this point is a better QB than Rosen. I heard the cards wanted #13 for Rosen and Peterson, no freak’n way! I heard they turned down a 2nd from Washington. would you really give a 1st or 2nd for Rosen?
    I think we draft Haskins or move back and get extra picks…get our guy next year….not give picks away for a QB who has done nothing.

Peyton Manning had 56.7% completion and 26-28 INT to TD ratio in his first season. You can’t judge a QB by his rookie season, no matter how poor the numbers.

Not that I want Rosen. I disagree with the poor rookie season premise as an indicator, but I do agree with Rob about not wanting another team’s castoff. It is pretty weird they want to move on after one season.There is no obvious 1st pick QB, such as an Andrew Luck, in this draft. Why do you want to give up on your 1st rd QB that quick? You evaluated him to be good enough to pick in the top`10 last year. Do you now, without cause, believe that evaluation to be wrong? Either something changed or you’re a complete idiot.

Kong,
    I don’t particularly want Rosen, but I would give a second round pick for him…I’d prefer it be a third. It’ll drop the longer it goes on.
    ***
    I think the only reason Arizona is even considering moving on is that Kingsbury was hired, and he wants a player like Murray to run his system. Rosen and Murray are very different QBs. I don’t think it’s about them not liking Rosen. Kingsbury wants to run a particular offense, and Murray fits it.

Fair enough reasoning, Randy. To me that just pushes the question back a level in the organization. Why does the GM hire a coach who is going to want to get rid of the QB his FO just evaluated as a top 10 prospect and possible franchise QB, etc? It’s still the same question. Did the evaluation change? If not, it seems to be a spinning your wheels move.

I’d run to take Rosen for a 2nd rounder. My ideal scenario would be moving back in the 1st,with Houston for instance, getting another 2rd and getting Rosen with one of those 2s while keeping a 1st and 2nd round pick. Rosen has talent and therefore some serious upside. QB is too hard to get right not to try if the option is there. I think he’d be the 3rd best QB of this draft and it’s extremely likely that either Lock or Jones(maybe both) go in the first. All upside in that kind of scenario.

We really should be open minded about this offseason. With the exception of some quality young players, we’re turning the team over when we can.

Kong,
    Hard to say why ARI is doing anything. They just hired a new HC who was 35-40 in his college coaching career. Lol

I would also not be surprised if we took Drew Lock at #13. Let him sit behind Fitz and learn for 7-10 games, then start the transition. This isn’t trading up to #1 or 2. A QB with the prototype size, arm and the potential upside as a franchise QB – a senior with lots of games played in college. He reminds me of Big Ben going #11 in 2004.

To me it’s easier to teach short throws and check downs to a guy who can already make all the throws.

Drew Lock has always intrigued me. Not sure he’ll be there either. LOL

San Jose down 3-0 in the 3rd period of game 7 scores 4 goals in 4 minutes to take the lead. Pretty wild.

17. ElephantRider says:

The only thing for sure is…

Nothing’s for sure.

18. Krishna says:

All this talk about QBs and getting a franchise one VS building a team ala contesting for the 20 years.

I’m almost thinking it’s a generational view of building a team. For most, Marino was a god and NO super bowls (with your franchise QB) and NO defense still blinds you.

Rebuild it right as history has shown with top 10 defense and powerful O line. Truly, how you win SBs….the old fashion way.

Supposedly, this year’s draft has quality (BPA) that matches our needs.

I remember reading an article somewhere with the theme, “Stay the course!”

How quickly we forget. 🙄

Want/Get
    Pig – Haskins/Ferrell
    Wyoming – Josh Allen/ Wilkins
    stanger — Haskins/Tytus Howard (after trade down).
    BailBondMike – Ed Oliver/Josh Allen — trade back a little for Wilkins
    Mike E – Haskins/Haskins
    ORob — Haskins/ Wilkins
    NewAge- Haskins/ Ferrell
    Rock – Josh Allen / Ferrell
    Tim – QB they like / Wilkins
    ER – Allen / Wilkins
    Prof Lou- Simmons/Simmons
    Dbolt- trade down Lindstrom / Wilkins
    M13- Josh Allen/Ferrell
    son – Haskins / Jones

Self-sustaining — so if you want to add yours please put the whole list in.

our roster is talent deficient, trading tannehill and including 5 mil for a 4th rnder should say a lot as to the approach of this years draft.
    I would think the smart money is trading back and acquiring more picks.
    it’s going to be interesting to see what happens…especially if Lock or Haskins is there at 13

maybe we swap 1st rnders with NE, especially if hokerson is there at 13, they may want a TE…
    we get NEs 1st…2nd…and two 3rds….???
    they have 6 top 100 selections

This is a very self sustaining group here, I’m proud of all of you

23. BailBondMike says:

No Lock please

twas the night before draftmas and all thru the blog……not a creature was stirring….. not even a hog

25. bailbondmike says:

Just not as exciting without trading back.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Isaiah Buggs, DE/DT, Alabama (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Jalen Jelks, DE, Oregon (A)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Gardner Minshew II, QB, Washington St. (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 19: Chidi Okeke, OT, Tennessee State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 20: Andrew Van Ginkel, OLB, Wisconsin (A+)

CavalierKong says:
    April 24, 2019 at 12:26 am
    ————
    A 5 minute major that shouldn’t have even been a penalty or 2 minute minor at most.

So game 6 in OT they weren’t calling penalties (2 obvious shark penalties not called), I get it, its OT playoff hockey, but then come back in game 7 and call a 5 minute major, not because of what Eakin did, but because padickski got hurt is a flat out sham.

Dang, is that how it went down? I was following along on NHL.com, so saw it being displayed, but wasn’t watching the actual game. That is a crappy way to finish up a series.

I don’t agree with a lot of what he writes, but I like Travis Wingfield overall.

Lots of whispers about Arizona not taking Murray. I think the whole thing was made up by the media, but I thought the same thing last year about Cleveland taking Mayfield.

Tim – If you’re around. Kinda funny . . . My nephew played travel soccer with Todd Frazier, so naturally he’s a big fan of his. I had been telling him how much I don’t want Frazier back in the lineup, I like the kids (McNeil, Davis, Alonso) and I don’t want any of them losing playing time to Frazier. Then in his 2nd game back, he hits a grand salami, and my nephew texts me “I hate Todd Frazier”. 🙂

PS – I told him a few weeks before the season started that Alonso was going to make the roster and that they weren’t sending him down so he didn’t accrue a major league year of service time, and that we really needed him in the lineup, and that kid is legit. I got that right at least

Rock – The large bell rang in my cave, did someone summon the ancient one?

31. bailbondmike says:

I can’t get past the idea of trading back.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 18 (MINN): Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Erik McCoy, OG/C, Texas A&M (A)
    Round 2 Pick 18 (MINN): Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Terrill Hanks, OLB, New Mexico St. (A)
    Round 3 Pick 17 (MINN): Isaiah Buggs, DE/DT, Alabama (B)
    Round 4 Pick 23 (DEN): Ross Pierschbacher, OG, Alabama (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Daylon Mack, DT, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 22 (BALT): Ryquell Armstead, RB/FB, Temple (A)
    Round 6 Pick 9 (DEN): Gardner Minshew II, QB, Washington St. (A)
    Round 7 Pick 19: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 20: Rashad Fenton, CB, South Carolina (A+)

Without question, Dwayne Haskins is my QB1 in the ’19 Draft… though Kliff Kingbury will ensure Kyler Murray goes off the board first. I’m beginning to believe that Haskins may go top-5, considering trades.

I’ve heard that Jonah Williams was one of the very best interviews of this entire Draft class, yet I continue to see mocksters drop him lower and lower. It’s going to be quite interesting to see when he goes off the board.

Gonna have to get a bigger bus, especially not that there is a Class C talent evaluation licensed driver for it. 🙂
    ———————————-
    Randy says:
    April 23, 2019 at 9:19 pm
    I’d give this year’s second round pick for Rosen. I went and watched film of his games because I really had no clue how he actually played. He had an uneven rookie season, but the kid has talent. He throws a very pretty ball. He made rookie mistakes like being late on throws and screwing up protections, but he was a rookie. I think he’s a better talent than any QB in this draft.

Brian Flores: very Defensive-minded, knows we lack an elite EDGE
    Chris Grier: BPA-minded, loves Alabama and Ohio State players
    Marion Hobby: D-Line coach with Clemson ties to Ferrell, Wilkins, and Lawrence

We need O-Line and D-Line (especially EDGE) help, and a QB either this year or next

I’ve gotta believe Haskins, Jonah, and Ferrell are all very high on our board.

I firmly believe Haskins goes well before we select, and I highly doubt we’d trade up for him when we have so many holes and roster spots to fill.

This is what brings me to the conclusion of either Jonah or Ferrell. And I have ZERO idea who we have rated higher.

And just as a friendly reminder, Brian Burns, EDGE, FSU, is definitely a dark horse candidate for us @ R1P13. I think he compares favorably to Dion Jordan’s days at Oregon (not the Dion FF that he became due to character flaws).

But I don’t see him as an edge-setter, and some (including me) feel Burns has already filled out his frame. Don’t expect to see him get much bigger unless he’s violating PED rules.

M13, incidentally i didnt mean that to come off as a slight against you, i was just saying that saying you are playing devils advocate in a situation like that means you dont really believe what you are saying but you are just putting it out there for thought and you definitely did believe what you were saying, and i think it cheapened your stance by saying it as a devils advocate position. You think that all domestic violence is bad and should have the same punishments and not be inconsistent, so why is that a devils advocate position and not an M13 position. I was just wondering why you stated it that way is all. I also wish you would let the bipolar thing die, thats not how a bipolar acts, i shouldnt have say that YEARS ago, but i did, i apologized for it, you used it back at me already so i thought maybe it was done with. Why not just let it die and lets be freindly with one another instead of holding on to it.

D, OH! Hey, buddy, I didn’t mean that as a swipe at you, honestly. I really view you in high regard, man! I’m sorry that I used “bipolar”, and please believe me I didn’t have you or anyone in particular in mind when I used that yesterday. We’re good!!!

As for “devil’s advocate”, I played the position HARD to get a point through: DV is BAD!!! Emperor Goodell has publicly stated again and again that it will be dealt with HARSHLY, regardless of the magnitude.

But you should know by now… I REALLY don’t like Goodell!!!

We’re good, sir! MUCH respect to you, D!

ocalarob says:
    April 24, 2019 at 10:58 am

Fullback – Alec Ingold, Wisconsin MAY BE A FIN
    ———————————————-
    I feel thats likely as well. I think the question will be if we use a draft pick or chance getting him as an UDFA. I know we have a lot of interest in him.

D,

Do you have a full mock for our Phins this year? I don’t believe you’ve posted anything of the sort, and if ya did, I missed it.

I don’t think this is a mystery if there isn’t a QB we like.

Anybody interested in a 5’5″, 176-pound RB who ran a 4.90 40-time? Tyler Balla out of Allegheny, PA, is your guy! 😆

Our new ESPN guy says “no big name QB for you.”….. where’s Bookman? 🙂
    —————-
    Miami Dolphins

Dolphins will pass on QB, trade down and pick DL

Miami is probably the NFL’s most quarterback-needy team, but there is reason to believe the Dolphins aren’t in love with this year’s QB crop and are willing to wait until 2020 to take a shot at that position while building along the offensive and defensive lines in 2019. Miami general manager Chris Grier learned a lot from Bill Parcells, and he’s hesitant to select quarterbacks with little college starting experience such as Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins. That, combined with the fact that the strengths of this draft (DL and OL) line up with some of Miami’s biggest needs, makes the decision easier for Grier. The Dolphins have prioritized collecting 2020 picks throughout the offseason, so look for them to try to trade back to get more picks in each of the next two years. — Cameron Wolfe

Agreed with Wolfe that we aren’t targeting a big-name QB this year and we will next year.

Disagreed with Wolfe that we’re going to be trading back, but who knows?

Completely disagree with Wolfe – The game has changed, and you can’t just look at things from a 1980’s and 1990’s perspective that no longer applies

What if Hobby puts a bug in Grier’s ear that Lawrence is the best of all the Clemson DL?

Are we going to have a meltdown?

Tim – Yeah, one for the ages for Wheeler for sure, can’t do much better than that.

OK here is my “non-Simulator” Last no trade draft!

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13 – Clelin Ferrell (DE) Clemson
    Round 2 Pick 16 – Greg Little (OT/OG) Ole Miss
    Round 3 Pick 14 – Beau Benzschawel (OG) Wisconsin
    Round 4 Pick 14 – Tyree Jackson (QB) Buffalo
    Round 5 Pick 13 – Ryquell Armstead (RB/FB) Temple
    Round 7 Pick 19 – Kingsley Keke (DT) Texas A&M
    Round 7 Pick 20 – Sam Mustipher (C) Notre Dame

Interesting!

To elaborate on my disagreement with Cameron Wolfe, way too many of the QB’s that will be jumping to the NFL now and in the future won’t have more than a year or two of starting experience, it’s just the way it is. Is one year in a very good program with great coaches better than 2-3 years of experience at a small school against poor competition? There are so many variables. Just evaluate the talent, and go with that. The experience you can always add to, it’s as simple as that, and please don’t just throw Tannehill out there as the universal example of a one year starter failing. Tannehill failed because he’s not the guy, not because he was a one year starter. He played 8 frigging years in the NFL and still did a lot of the same damn stuff he did when he first started.

Eh, make it 6. 🙂

Lots of ways to bash a QB. From a big program didn’t start long enough. From a small program was a small program. And then the tape watchers and combine tape measurers get involved. But chances are any of them are just as likely right as wrong. One thing am convinced of is that the science is not good enough to figure out what college QB will be a great one in the NFL.

Exactly. All we’re talking about is experience, right? We don’t need our QB to start this season, or even next season for that matter, but next season would be better. We got Fitz for a reason, to be a bridge. We can cross that bridge when we’re ready, but it sure would be nice to have that guy warming up in the bullpen this season, and ready to go some time next season. Is college experience better than NFL experience? No shot, especially when you’re training the QB the way you think it should be done. I rest my case your honor . . .

Dream draft in the perfect world!

Round 1 Pick 13: Dwayne Haskins (QB) Ohio St.
    Round 2 Pick 16: Jaylon Ferguson (DE) Louisiana Tech
    Round 3 Pick 14: Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin
    Round 4 Pick 14: Max Scharping (OT) N. Illinois
    Round 5 Pick 13: Ryquell Armstead, RB/FB, Temple
    Round 7 Pick 19: Kingsley Keke (DT) Texas A&M
    Round 7 Pick 20: Hunter Renfrow (WR) Clemson

Will Grier in the third. One year Starter bad. Quick…list the successful one year starters currently playing.

wyoming85 says:
    April 24, 2019 at 1:31 pm
    OK here is my “non-Simulator” Last no trade draft!

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13 – Clelin Ferrell (DE) Clemson
    Round 2 Pick 16 – Greg Little (OT/OG) Ole Miss
    Round 3 Pick 14 – Beau Benzschawel (OG) Wisconsin
    Round 4 Pick 14 – Tyree Jackson (QB) Buffalo
    Round 5 Pick 13 – Ryquell Armstead (RB/FB) Temple
    Round 7 Pick 19 – Kingsley Keke (DT) Texas A&M
    Round 7 Pick 20 – Sam Mustipher (C) Notre Dame
    —————
    IMPRESSIVE! I LIKE! Just one thing: what makes ya think Kingsley Keke is going to fall to the 7th round??? He’s a potential day 2 candidate (3rd round).

Would you take him in the 2nd, if available?

Alright, here’s my nearly finished ’19 Draft for our Phins (subject to change, tomorrow!)

R1P13: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    R2P16: Michael Deiter, OG Wisconsin
    R3P14: Isaiah Buggs, DT/DE, Alabama
    R4P14: Max Scharping, OT, NIU
    R5P13: Sutton Smith, OLB, NIU
    R7P19: Xavier Turner, RB, Tarleton State
    R7P20: Stephen Denmark, DB, Valdosta State

I just can’t see leaving to chance either of Xavier Turner or Stephen Denmark going to another team via UDFA. Draft them, guaranteeing they are ours. JMO, hence why I’m drafting them in the 7th round.

” but it sure would be nice to have that guy warming up in the bullpen this season, and ready to go some time next season.”

Mike E — That would be best case scenario. But then I’d want to put a young Gumby in to a time machine straight to Davie. Let’s get that young arm in though….. even if later not the arm we want. Might be some pain and suffer involved, but at least lets try.

Truth be told, I don’t care what RD they take a QB as long as they believe that QB can be the guy. To me, taking a QB in the 4th just because he’s a little better than what we have on the roster at QB is a waste. If you’re taking that guy and you think he can be our starter soon, and a quality starter, then go for it. If what I said before really is the best case scenario then we should do what it takes to make that happen. That’s what I’m saying.

Heard that. I could see the Redskins moving up to get a QB, but boy they better be sure this time, they got burnt BADLY last time they did that.

This year our team is a very good option for UDFAs to sign with us because they have a good chance to compete and make the team.

Mike, I don’t think teams ever draft a prospect as half measures. It just looks like that when they don’t pan out. Every guy is drafted with the idea the team wants them to make the team and be successful. It’s just not realistic that they all pan out.

Sometimes you draft to improve depth, and sometimes you look for a starter. I just hope we don’t do the latter for the QB position. That’s what I mean.

Oh you mean a backup QB only? I do think they at least would like a rookie to push Rudock and Falk for a spot and backup may be that role at least this year or long term if they’re not deemed good enough to be the guy. I don’t think you can demand they find our franchise QB this year because they may not be available or good enough to be that.

Yes, exactly what I mean. I’d rather they keep trying to get OL and DL than just take a QB to be a backup because he’s better than Falk and Rudock. I don’t think we would do that in this draft anyway, I’m just saying I don’t want it.

BOOM! there it is!
    He’s off my board!
    SMH

Don’t you mean he moved up on your board, considerably?

I would love to see football through Mando’s eyes and be able to spot Super Bowl winning players before they are drafted

Wtf

He might regret that tweet and decade from now? He should regret it now. Daniel Jones doesn’t need to not win a super bowl to identify this as a dumb tweet

LOL

Do they strenuously object?

If Dan Snyder controls the draft moves….. Grier or maybe Ross better get him on the phone. A lot of you guys know player evaluations better than me, but after all those years in DC do I know Snyder. He will get exactly what he wants, just so he can say “I got what I wanted” after.

Tim – In other words, I want to improve the top end of the depth chart at QB, not the middle or the bottom. At least at this point.

Tonight’s Mets vs Phillies game might be something to watch. There were some pitches thrown at and around some players last night. Depending on what the score is, I wouldn’t be surprised if something erupts.

Rock Ya-Sin was my rap name back in High school.

That’s a pretty cool name, you were ahead of your time!

LOL

My friends and I did a rap video for friends of ours who got married and we bought them a TV as a gift. So the rap was about the TV. My rap name was Super Chill Yoyo. LOL

sb7 — did you ever rap with Big Tasty? Love that show…. and just recently started watching. Any of you guys (think at least half) who were in high school in the 80s the Goldbergs pegs what was going on. And well written.

It sure is nice to be getting some payback against the Brewers in St Louis after playing the first 87 games of the 2019 season in Milwaukee and getting shellacked in a number of them.

I truly admire SB – He hasn’t come on here in quite some time, he finally gets on and leaves a one liner and then sits back. I’m on here all the damn time and I can’t help but reply or just throw sh*t against the wall.

Seems most here feel Wilkins or Ferrell will be our pick. I think Wilkins could be a player like Chris Jones. He’s not as tall but I think he brings that consistent effort and playmaking ability every week.

“With the 13th pick of the 2019 nfl draft the Miami Dolphins select….

…………….Pigsgerald Oinkustus Bacon…….Hey did some one switch the cards?!?!”

(Camera pans to Piggy, who is giggling backstage)

This is a freehand mock from me. I used the Walterfootball mock as my basis for who was available at each pick to determine what i would do and who i would select.

Round 1P13 – Daniel Jones QB Duke
    Round 2P48 – (Trade BACK NE for R2P64, R3P97, R6P205)
    Round 2P64 – Yodny Cajuste OT West Virginia
    Round 3P78 – Christian Miller 3-4OLB/4-3DE Alabama
    Round 3P82 – Isaiah Buggs 4-3DT/NT Alabama (Trade UP Indianapolis R3P97, R6P205)
    Round 4P116 – Gary Jennings WR West Virginia
    Round 5P151 – Conner McGovern OG\OC PSU
    Round 7P233 – Alec Ingold FB Wisconsin
    Round 7P234 – Justin Hollins OLB Oregon

wyoming85 says:
    April 24, 2019 at 3:07 pm

The #Steelers and QB Ben Roethlisberger signed a 2-year extension worth $63M, source said. That’s the base value on his two new years.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 24, 2019
    ———————————————
    21 a year isnt too bad for a franchise QB. How much was guaranteed? Did it say?

Sounds like the Steelers are gone max out the Big Ben window. Given that ours for sure does not match up…… yeah that is good news.

Dog knew F-ed up on the first move, got confused and did what knew always works. Have a dog like that…. not as smart as pigs, but practical.

Cespedes indeed.

————-
    For YOU, Stanger! He could be a GREAT pickup after the Draft! He’s not going to get paid top-$$$.

Always wanted Ziggy…… but with the rebuild he would have to come real cheap at his age. But some gonna be some older fill-ins on the roster no matter what…. but will be bargain basement ones. Think he is more than that.

I know you always wanted Ziggy… and you were RIGHT about him, over Ireland’s selection of Dion Jordan. You get my props for that, ALL DAY!

Apologies if I grilled too hard on you yesterday, playing “devil’s advocate”. I saw your response, and yes, I agree with ya. We’re good!

And yes, I’ll just ask ya straight up next time, man.

“I could try to find that, but I could find pages full of 3 and 4 year starters who blew chunks, but what would that accomplish?”

Mike – You could also find pages full of 3 &4 starters that were successful. What you cannot find is a page of 1 year starter who were successful. Not. Even. One. Page.

It’s something that will more and more common, there really isn’t a big book on it now. Just as you can say there isn’t a big book on smaller QB’s, but after Mayfield, and if Murray flourishes, watch that old strategy go down the tubes. Mitch Trubisky was a 1 YR starter, he looks to be well on his way to being a very good NFL QB.

If it makes you feel any better, Haskins has 18 less pass attempts than Trubisky who played a few games here and there in the other 2 seasons at N, Carolina. Oh, and Haskins has 54 TD’s and 9 INT’s compared to Trubisky’s 41 TD’s and 10 INT’s.

Feel better?

• pheloniusphish says:

You think Trubisky is good? I think he’s Bortle

Phelon – Tonight’s game might be more like pinball with the players being the bumpers. I have a feeling there’s gonna be a fight or two

Mike, the big, strong-armed QB who’s a good athlete and had success in college will always trump guys like Mayfield or a Murray who we have no idea can hold up in the NFL. I still think that’s an issue with him. Can he take getting drilled as he releases the ball from a 300+ guy and keep getting up. Simple physics says his frame against that kind of frame is not a good matchup. I have no doubt he’ll make some plays both with his arm and legs. My concern is how long will that last?

Think about Cam Newton who is huge and how he’s had issues with how hard he’s been hit and when etc. The Broncos broke him in the SB a few years ago and he’s never been the same.

“What you cannot find is a page of 1 year starter who were successful. Not. Even. One. Page.”

Cam, next question

Maybe that frees up Dobbs to be traded now, hmmm

Next line on Orobs “night before draftsmas”

the draft board was hung in the war room with cheer
    In hopes that Dwayne Haskins soon would be here…

And Flores got all “I’m the man here” and smugly
      Declaring we are gonna get a whole lot of Big Uglies

I wonder if we love, like LOVE, Devin White

81. naplesfan2010 says:

5 different mocks have us picking Andre Dillard and RT in the first round. Washington State

Is that who y’all want?

Ttrubisky imp[roved tremendously from year one to year two. Not sure how you get Bortles. He looks pretty solid to me. I’d take him!

Phish, I think Trubisky is much better than Bortles. I think he’s improving steadily. He made the big throws in the playoffs to get into FG range for the win and the kicker missed. I thought that was an impressive display.

Tim – Do you disagree that more and more QB’s are going to have less of a college career? Not saying all of them will, but when guys get drafted in RD 1 after starting one season, what’s the incentive to stay in college and risk injury? Guys aren’t even playing bowl games and Senior Bowls and East/West Shrine games.

Yes I agree with that. It’s unfortunate and I think it slows their progress for the pros but money talks. It’s like in college basketball with one and done. Lots of college QBs transfer when they are behind another QB and it hampers their development.

son of a son of a shula says:
    April 24, 2019 at 6:35 pm
    the draft board was hung in the war room with cheer
    In hopes that Dwayne Haskins soon would be here…
    ________________________________
    The bloggers were nestled all snug in their beds,
    while visions of trading back danced in their heads.

mf13ss says:
    April 24, 2019 at 7:04 pm
    Listen in live…

—————–
    I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Barry Jackson has a better feel on our Phins than any other beat-writer in all of Miami.

Don’t trade for Rosen, trade for Josh Dobbs.

M – Thanks for the link. Listening right now. I wonder if Texas Dolfan is the cat from Dolphin Shout, Nicholas KV’s blog with Patrick

April 24, 2019 at 6:31 pm
    ____________________________________

See Russel Wilson

Wilson is a thicker built dude at 215. Murray is barley 200. Yeah he weighed 207 at the combine but he did no drills at that weight.

Don’t worry. The NFL turns a blind eye to QBs using supplements….legal or otherwise….to bulk up. Murray will be 220 before you know it! 👍

MikeE,
    It doesn’t matter. The NFL doesn’t allow hits on QBs anymore anyway. All you can do is put your arm around their midsection and make sure you somehow don’t fall on them as they go to the ground.

True that. It’s just if he gets hit when he doesn’t see it and a guy who’s 100 lbs heavier clobbers him. It might get a penalty, but it also might knock him out for the season

I think Wilson has a knack for minimizing the hits he takes

95. ElephantRider says:

I’ll be working tomorrow night. Do I rec the draft or just read here for updates?

I’m working till at least 9PM EST tomorrow. I’m sure you can get any draft info you need right here from this crew.

MikeE,
    Doug Flutie was 5’10” and 180. He played in the NFL for a decade, and he played in an age where QBs could be hit hard. I think people get way too worried about Murray’s size.

Good point, but I think he’s the exception to the rule though.

He played one full season…… 1and 1 season of 15 games. He didn’t have much if an NFL career at all

10 year career where only 2 we’re as a starter. He was too small for the NFL. He never did much of anything in his career I hope you aren’t suggesting Flutie as a career to look when saying Murray can have a good one.

Rob. Wilson folds up and goes limp when the hit comes to ride the impact of the hit. The same reason drunk drivers generally survive their crashes is why he doesn’t get hurt often.

D,
    He had 5 seasons where he played over 10 games. I wasn’t suggesting he was good…just that he was small and played for a long time.

99. Krishna says:

Mike E…….since when is wanting a top ten defense 80s and 90s football? That’s just stupid. I know you don’t mean that.

We are in rebuild mode. Why not start that rebuild on the defensive side of the ball? Or, is that 70s football???? Geez, loueez. Having a good set of DBs, especially in the current age of football is vital. I think we have a good group. I think our LBs are promising, and hope good coaching help take them to the next level. Our DL sucks and is the principal reason we have been at the bottom of league for years.

Let’s start the rebuild on the defensive side of the ball so we can play the current “game” of football. Defense was key to winning the SB last year and its importance is just fact in the history of the NFL. I can’t imagine you would ignore the history and importance of having a top defense and believe that is throw-back football, but whatever.

This draft seems to match BPA with our DL needs and could potentially fill 3 starting positions…..if we could only be so lucky. In my opinion, there is far less risk of failure and a much greater degree of success of this happening in this year’s draft vs picking a “franchise QB”. I don’t see one, but what do I know. Next year there seems to be at least 2 maybe 3 potential franchise QBs and we have been building draft capital for 2020.

I like the new changes. I think the plan is emerging and will continue to be best served by “staying the course.” Build a sound football team with solid defense (the talent is supposedly there in this draft so let’s try and take advantage of that) and an offensive line that can protect your “franchise QB”.

And, I doubt one-and-done college QBs will ever be successful in the NFL…..maybe a one-off as anything is possible. I believe the leap is far too great for most of them already, but a one-and-done QB? I just don’t see it ever really being a successful or the future path of the QB to the NFL.

Obviously you don’t know what I mean because you didn’t follow what we specifically we were talking about w/Parcells. It had nothing to do with defense at all. Bill Parcells would never draft a QB that had only 1 year of experience. That sentiment is going by the wayside because soon there may not be many choices other than that. A lot of Parcells size principles are also going by the wayside. I don’t hold Parcells to a football “God” standard like so many do. He was garbage here, he was lazy in throwing together a staff of has beens and never would bes and then snuck out of town when everything turned to sh*t. Anyway, at least you know what it was we were discussing now.

• Krishna says:

I did miss the whole the link to Parcells, my bad. However, he did have some of the best Ds and one of the best in LT, if not the best. And, he won a super bowl with a so-so QB.

I’m not saying Murray can’t be the exception or start a new trend of NFL QBs. The simple fact is it’s a very small sample size. He hasn’t played yet in the league, Mayfield had a solid rookie season, then there’s Flutie and Brees.

I think Christian Wilkins will be our pick

Me too. He can be a 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT – mature senior, high character, leadership qualities and reliable. He’s a safe cornerstone piece of your defense for years to come. May never be elite, but will always be good. His intangibles will have an influence over other players in a positive way. He’s like a Minkah of DL.

That had to hurt!

If would be cool if we drafted Ferrell bc he is one of 3 guys wedge wrote a report on

As fans we really need to realize that this 2019 offseason is the start of a new era. We don’t have to have anything specifically yet. Just improve the roster and build a better team. Starting in the trenches always makes sense. I don’t care about past history. If you’re good up front you can compete with anyone. QB and explosive plays comes next. That’s what makes you a championship caliber team.

I guess the keys have great whites now
    Cool…

Snorkeled in the keys about two decades ago and I had a convo with the captain of the boat about sharks and he said they were rare in the name of keeping his/their business alive. Wherever there is ocean, there is a possibility of any creature being there. LOL

• I know for a fact dive boat captains in the keys lie all the time about sharks.

They tell scared prospective customers there aren’t any sharks, get their credit cards for the tru,
      , then when they come back early because too many sharks, people complain and some ask for money back

But the crew explain how fortunate everyone was to see so many sharks, and they should be happy they were so fortunate

I heard this every day for 2 weeks , when I had a hotel in largo next to a dive boat operation in december

Jesus, I was just looking at places to stay in Key West last night because I’ve always wanted to go down there….and do some snorkeling while I was there because I love to snorkel. So much for that shit.

So if I am not mistaken.. all 4 Divisional Winners eliminates in Round 1.. that’s crazy !!

Randy says:
    April 24, 2019 at 11:24 pm
    _________________________________________
    best place to snorkel is seal island S africa Randy, lots of playful seals there!

110. ElephantRider says:

Mike E

I will just check in. Prob better insight and point/counterpoint going on here than any network anyway.

111. If Haskins drops all the way to #10 tonight we’ve got to go up the 3 spots and get him. That’s my take. I really believe that Giants aren’t taking a QB this year and I think WAS is going to trade up with TB to get Jones.

This is how I see things playing out:
    1. Arizona – Murray
    2. San Fran – Bosa
    3. Jets – Allen
    4. Oakland – Q Williams
    5. Washington (from TB) – Jones
    6. NYG – Burns
    7. Jax – J Williams
    8. Detroit – White
    9. Buf – Taylor
    10. Miami (from DEN) – Haskins

• naplesfan2010 says:

In that scenario Ed Oliver is still available.
      I’d take him or Wilkins or Ferrell or even Dex Lawrence over Haskins, whichever one was left at 13, in the name of getting a sure hit in the first round.

sorry Lou, I just don’t want Haskins.
      But our FO might agree with you.

• bailbondmike says:

I wouldn’t trade up for anyone this draft.

112. bailbondmike says:

If they draft QB Jones in the first, I would be upset. If it’s in the second, I guess I could live with it. Though, if you are going to do that you might as well draft Minschew in the 4th or 5th and stick with the meat and potatoes in the first 3 rounds. IMO you are getting about the same QB in Jones and Minschew.

113. Key west sucks, it’s way too overcrowded and cops everywhere constantly hassling people for anything , nothing, and everything.

It’s the Most stressful place on earth Imo, and I’ve been all over the world, including North Korea

I prefer all the keys not named key west, I’ll never go back there again

114. I hate oppressive cops, they suck the oxygen out of the place.
    I’m in boca now, fished all day yesterday and only caught a Goliath groupie and a clown wrasse,
    But the people are laid back.

Seasonal cold water currents have chased the reef fish to the deep, even Pelagics weren’t biting

115. Randy, try Marathon or Largo if key west stresses You out too much

Kw has some Florida cracker style bars and shit if u have never seen or experienced that, but good luck dealing with parking and cops.

There isn’t anywhere to park, cars are a liability

If you are going to snorkel seal island, make sure you pack a lot of bloody meat in your pockets

The seals love it

and just like that……draft day is here!