Welcome to Miami Christian Wilkins!

The Miami Dolphins got themselves a very nice player in DT Christian Wilkins. Very high character, productive Defensive tackle. You’re probably thinking this is a conformist puff piece, right? NOPE!

So the Dolphins drafted a nice DT, that’s great. Guess what? We may have gotten the 3rd best DT in this draft in our division. Quinnen Williams, who may be the best player in the draft went to the Jets, and Ed Oliver a diversified freak of an athlete went to the Bills. Guess what else? Both of those teams have QB’s. Just shows how far behind the 8 ball we are. I will be watching Dwayne Haskins career closely. He was right there and we passed. I know so many of you are happy we did, and so many of you are happy we drafted Christian Wilkins instead. I’m not that guy.

Sure, there’s a possibility we take a QB in RD 2, or maybe in RD 7, but in my mind, our success or failure will be measured by Dwayne Haskins and Christian Wilkins. We didn’t have to reach for him, there was no trade up necessary, we just went in a different direction.. Look, this doesn’t mean I’m right, it’s just my opinion, and my opinion of this move is not good. Maybe we wait until next year with Tua, Herbert and Fromm, or maybe it’s just Tua and Herbert and Fromm plays his Senior year. Who knows what happens down the line, and it’s very risky putting all your eggs in one basket.

The draft isn’t over yet, I’m not condemning the entire draft of everything we do, I simply don’t agree with the choice they made last night. I hope Christian Wilkins has a great career here and is a perennial All-Pro. I just hope next year at draft time we’re all not scratching our heads about what we do at the QB position, the most important position in football.

1,183 Responses to Welcome to Miami Christian Wilkins!

1. Krishna says:

Nice article, Mike E…..I hope he’s a good one too and adds a cornerstone to our future top 10 defense we are building. Go Dolphins!!!!

2. dloxahatchee says:

Well Mike hopeful that our front office put in the work and determined that he just isn’t the guy
    We’ve been here before with Brady Quinn and that worked out correctly,
    I will say the texts started flying from a lot of friends basically sharing your thoughts though

3. Krishna says:

Wilkins almost jumped over Goodell…..he’s 315 pounds!!!!

4. dloxahatchee says:

Personally I like Wilkins, solid pick he should fit well, really smart very focused, looking forward to watching him

Since everyone keeps throwing Parcells around here as if Chris Grier is a PArcells clone, what did Parcells do for us when he was here? Let’s see, he got us Jake Long, Phillip Merling, Kendall Langford. Then Jared Odrick and Koa Misi. Oh yeah, toss in a 2nd RD pick on Chad Henne. How successful were we? Please don’t remind me. Why people revere Bill Parcells the Football Czar is beyond my comprehension. He was nothing less than awful for us. Great football coach, lousy GM/Czar

5. Krishna says:

Grier…..Wilkins was the BPA on our board…. Stay the course!!!!

It may very well be the right course, and I truly hope it is. I don’t want to be right about Haskins, I want to enjoy watching my team win.

6. agreed Mike, this is bed bath and beyond messed up.

both impact players Haskins and Lock on the board, and we went with the role player Wilkins.

its almost as if the team is scared to fail at picking a qb, so they instead fail to pick one at all.

maybe the fins are always wanting to find the next brady in the sixth, SMH

if the Rosen trade doesnt work, the team has signed off on tanking the damn year. i cant believe we are sucking for luck part 2. if thats the case, i lost a ton of respect for our FO
    We didnt even try to sign Gilbert from the AAF, the team genuinely doesnt want a QB.

its probably good there wasnt a player named Tank in the first round, he would have been the pick

7. Krishna says:

Who says Haskins and Lock are “impact” players or will come anywhere near that in the NFL?

We shall see.

The only one I care about is the one we picked…..a “role” player???? Can we at least root for the one we picked? and wish or hope they he will be one of the best? SMH!????

8. the fans should start demanding a better quality product. we are paying for i phones and samsungs, but they are giving us plastic toy phones from a dollar store.

season ticket holders should voice their displeasure, the FO doesnt have a QC department, they think the customers are stupid enough to fork over good money for defective merchandise, we have to let them know that isnt true

the fins should discount the tickets by 80 percent of any tank season imo

its a total ripoff the FO charges full prices, for half ass teams

Krishna – See my 8:05AM post above

10. Krishna says:

Making false equivalencies…..Parcells was a coach and GM. Grier has been GM in-training for almost all his career and has taken responsibility for the last 3 drafts (v coaches wishes). Parcells had one of the best defenses of all time and one of the best in LT of all time. Won superbowls on two different teams, then tried his hand at GM because he wanted to the buy the “groceries.” Didn’t he get to the HOF?

I can’t believe we are already trashing our new FO after the first pick of the draft…..and hopefully a great one (not just good) that fills one of our greatest needs. Can’t we be happy for that?

• Krishna says:

I think we’re saying the same thing, Mike E.

OK, so you weren’t fond of Parcells as GM/Czar here then. OK, Now I gotcha.

• Krishna says:

Parcells left a really bad taste in my mouth in the end. I’ve watched him for a long time back to my NY days and through his Dolphin days. Didn’t really like him as a coach in his early days, but watched him grow as a coach. Then, don’t really know WTF happened in the end. Seems he walked away, but with all the rumors, who really knows. He was truly a defensive minded coach, and made the transition to a pretty good head coach. What was their QBs name? Hostetler, Simms? These were not elite QBs.

Krishna – I don’t mean to push, you say you love a defensive battle. Can you find me the last team that won that the SB that didn’t have an elite QB? Take your time . . .

OK, so the Patriots have Tom Brady, perennial playoff team, numerous SB’s, and not always because they have the best defensive players, they have the best HC and QB. Steelers are perennial playoff contenders with Ben. Drew Brees has NO’s contending, defense or no defense. Aaron Rodgers for many yars had GB at the top w/o a defense.

I’m not saying you don’t need a defense, but look a t JAX if you want a perfect example of a great defense w/o a QB, and where that gets ya!

• Krishna says:

And Marino has none!

None, but we were a contender, we just had the buizzsaw know as the Buffalo Bills in our division. They had a QB, RB and a defense for many years. We just had the QB. The Bills were one of the best teams of the 90’s. Going to 4 straight SB’s in uncharted territory.

80’s and 90’s

• Marino took the team to the super bowl his second season, think Wilkins can do the same?

of course he cant, role players just fill a role, they dont make impacts, or carry the team to greater heights like Marino did

but Wilkins isnt the real problem , its the FO and FItzpatrick that are the real problems

• Krishna says:

And you saying the number 13th pick in this years draft was a QB, Haskins v Wilkins?

And that Haskins is Brady, Ben, Drew, and Aaron all wrapped up as one. I don’t see any of that in him, but I don’t watch Ohio State football. I do think Urban Meyer was able to help him greatly against underwhelming talent. We shall see.

There’s never ONE guy……that’s why I love this team, stay the course, mentality I “think” I see with this NEW FO. I just want to give them a chance and support them.

13. Krishna says:

Ideally, you have both. We have to raise an entire defense to that level with many talented players….that sets us up long term to rotate good players in and out. One player will not do it.

Same on offense, ONE player will not do it. Dak found out it wasn’t all about him last year. He has an awesome line. Romo was UDFA and learned…..not a one and done QB.

Both these QBs “stepped-in” to it. Let’s give our next QB the same opportunity to get better as an NFL QB rather than get him killed and fear for his life.

KM, I fear will do great until he gets hit….and it will only take one time, imo. Haskins—see above.

Sorry got to go and love the smack!

14. krishna, what im saying is the team has signed off on tanking the year, and screw them if they dont know why

they know,
    they are testing to see how quality conscious the customers are,
    will they pay full price for a team thats intentionally trying to lose games

Krishna – Not sure if Haskins is any of those guys, but I’m pretty certain that Luke Falk, Jake Rudock and Fitz aren’t. Gotta have the QB, it energizes the team. If I ask you a general question, what position is the most important on a team, is DT your answer?

16. if You take Your wife or gf out to an expensive seafood resturant,
    but they served You instant ramen noodles from the dollar store, and when You complain they say fuck it,
    it was their plan all along to serve You garbage food. come back next year for seafood. lol

would that make You happy?

Krishna – Enjoy your day bud! Good talk

Flores has said from day one he wants to build from the trenches. That’s exactly what we did yesterday. This is the deepest year for DL maybe ever. We picked the BPA on our board, and it fit a huge need as well.

• dbolt48 says:

Another item at play could be that Miami may like Rosen as a prospect better and could possibly get him for significantly less and still keep building the trenches. Who really knows.

19. dbolt48 says:

Mike,
    Nice article & 💯 can get your frustration if you truly believe that Haskins is a bonafide franchise QB.

Thanks DBolt – I do think he will be (Haskins). We shall see my friend. Appreciate the good words!

• dbolt48 says:

No problem👍 We all have our favorites & can be frustrating when they’re right there and it doesn’t happen.

On a different note I just read this:

Josh Rosen is expected to be traded today. He has unfollowed the #Cardinals on IG and talks with the #Dolphins went late into the night.

20. I am 100 percent certain that Wilkins ISNT a franchise QB , anymore than Harris or Jordan were

Bri – Grier also said we need a QB. We had an easy one, a layup, we missed it.

Ramen noodles

• Brian in NY says:

Like Dbolt said, I think they like Rosen better as a prospect. What if they can get him for a third rounder? Then you get a former first round pick for great value, while getting what will hopefully be a key piece to our DL for the future.

David:
    You lost me at Ramen noodles

23. dbolt48 says:

• dbolt48 says:

I know the Pats loved him last year & thought he was a perfect fit for their offensive scheme.

• Brian in NY says:

He’ll likely be a Dolphin by the end of the day. I hope we can get him for a third- the cardinals have no leverage. The giants and the skins both took one. There aren’t many teams left that need one.

• dbolt48 says:

I think Miami would offer a 3rd in next years draft that could escalate to a 2nd with certain playing time and statistical incentives. The way to look at it is If escalates up a 2nd then you probably have a franchise player at QB.

I think the team should demand fans that are not halfwits.

25. dbolt48 says:

Thanks Brian!

Well there ya go Mike E

You got David in your corner!
    That’s rarefied air!

SMH

Mike – Haskins may one day be a good QB. Or not. Bot as a prospect you would be picking him on the perception of potential that is largely media driven. Kind of like playing penny stocks. Maybe you when, but most lose. not something to go all in on with your future on the line. Haskins would have been a luxury pick.

If Miami gets Rosen for a 3rd, I’m going M-13 on y’all. I’ll be crowing who said it first all week.

Rosen noodles?

I don’t let myself get too crazy over who we pick and who we don’t anymore- they have just as much a chance if not working out as they do being successful.

If they’re trading for Rosen, then obviously they had a clear plan on what they wanted to do at QB, and that changes everything. I retract all of my previous disappointment. We have a plan, I’m willing to let it ride. Rosen isn’t my fave, but he’s a legit QB prospect.

I was listening to guys in espn talk about how the cardinals could opt to keep Rosen and I was like “get serious!”

The coach publicly covets their new draftee
    They talked openly about trading him
    He’s the walking dead in that team
    That’s inviting locker room problems

We should be able to get Rosen at a pretty low price

I’m thinking one of our multiple day 2 or day 3 picks in 2020

But then again, I’m a 🦈
    I smell blood

2020 4th round pick for Rosen
    That’s my prediction

I know it’s low
    We have them over the barrel

• Brian in NY says:

We do. Doubt we get him for a 4, although that would be an absolute steal

We don’t have to make a move anytime soon

And if we take a QB on day 2, they know they lose any shot at trading him to us

So there’s a lot of pressure on them now

They chose build around Kyler Murray

They really have to trade Rosen

2 of the 3 teams they were talking to drafted a QB last night
        They don’t have a lot of option

Who are the viable trade partners for Rosen right now, other than us? I can’t think of one.

Totally agree with his conclusion that those are the only options for the cardinals

If the cardinals really waited to minutes before the draft before coloring a trade – they are idiots

• dbolt48 says:

Yep. If Miami does acquire him I think the good thing is you’ll have a guy who’s got a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

I think this move getting Wilkins is part of the 1st move of the plan, you shore up your Defensive line with the value pick, i doubt he will make a big impact on our win/loss totals as other positions may have made.

this will put you in a great position next year when the draft rolls around getting top picks thru-out the draft.

since the players and coaches wont tank this is the FO tanking

as for Haskins….. Mike….you will get to see him at the fest. i hope Wilkins breaks his legs!

i’d rather give up our 2nd and 3rd trade up and get Lock vs getting Rosen

This might be your charismatic leader on D!

OK here goes!

Draft JAYLON FERGUSON in the second!
    Use the 3rd and both 7th’s to move up and get Greg Little!!!!!!!!!!!

• dbolt48 says:

I’m more in the Ferguson in RD3 thought, but people who get paid to do this have had him in rd2 for a while.

I love the idea of reading up into the 2nd from the 3rd – I always have liked those cost efficient trade ups

There are good players in the 2nd round that can help us build a good core

If we came out of the draft with wilkins and 2 other players up front who are top 60 prospects – we did really well for ourselves

I wouldn’t mind Eric McCoy or Connor McGovern in the second

BTW – Not shocked at all that Metcalf fell far. Dude is waaaay too big, I think GM’s fear another David Boston

44. Rosen is our last chance to avoid intentionally tanking.

if We get him, we are rebuilding the team, if We dont, its tank for tua time

D-Bolt – Do you like Erik McCoy?

I hate that we pick 16th in RD2, that’s quite a wait . . .

47. days64 says:

Of all the 1st round picks… No one had more passion than our DT Wilkins… In it to Win IT!!!

Go Phins!!!

This guy is just what the doctor ordered for our D. He is driven to win. You build championship teams around studs like him…

True. We plucked the the heart and soul player from the last 2 National Champs. Guys that know what it takes to win.

“Dolphins team to watch for potential Josh Rosen trade….

“The Dolphins are one of the few teams left where a link to Rosen makes sense, given that they passed on a first-round quarterback while the likes of the Giants and Redskins snagged their young signal-caller.”

And yeah the Giants and the Skins were the main ones reported talking to the Falcons about Rosen before…… other one was the Pats.

Full http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028233/article/dolphins-team-to-watch-for-potential-josh-rosen-trade

49. there are some sources out there claiming Dolphins are in talks with Cardinals this very hour!

I sure hope they are right and We get last years first round qb from the cards,

50. Cards ramped up the Rosen trade mere minutes before the draft, they are playing hardball and trying to maximize the value they get.

cant blame them for it, since they just picked Murray Number one overall

“im guessing they are hoping for multiple offers, and will take the highest or best one”

Good guess, David. I’ve been working a spreadsheet for the last hour, and came up with the same conclusion. Did you just come up with that on the fly? lol

52. 13 pick DOLPHINS
    Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

This is my favorite pick of the entire draft so far. Love this pick. I think this kid is going to be a star. I was all over Grady Jarrett when he was picked and I think Wilkins could be even better. This is a good building block for Brian Flores and his staff. Grade: A+

NFL.com

Too funny!

For those thinking we could get Rosen for a a six-pack o Natural Light……. there was a report that they were previously offered a 2nd for him. And guessing that was the Pats, which would mean lowest one there is.

• dbolt48 says:

That was a rumor prior to the draft and I believe it was something Arizona tried to put out to the media. Something like that I take w/ a grain of salt.

• agreed they probably want more than a third round pick, and agreed its prolly the cheats trying to steal our lunch money, lets hope for the best, Ross has a new trick up his sleeve this year, he throws in cash to sweeten these deals.

imagine two teams are offering their second round pick, but ones offering alot of cash as well, hmmm Ross already did this on a few players, that are now on our roster

Hmmmm not sure how I feel about that report , let me check the meter…

(Piggy uses the time stone to get to the 16th pick in the 2nd round now)

Good Pick Dolphins!!!

Nattie lite! That’s some good stuff! lol

57. Greedy Williams CB still on the board, wish we could somehow land that guy.

Don’t be greedy David

We don’t need a DB

• lol everyone needs a CB in a pass happy league,

outside of Xavien Howard, We dont have any CB that couldnt be upgraded by Williams

many had Williams as the highest rated CB

Williams and Howard could be 2 lockdown corners, that worked well for us before with Surtain and Madison

58. if We cant get Rosen, we should try for Drew Lock in the second round

You take this 2026 7th rounder Cardinals and you like it!

If i were planning day 2, this is what i would do. Given Denver selects before us, i would look to trade up before them, and take Drew Lock. If i couldnt manage that i would still wait until my pick to see which QB’s were left, Lock or Grier would be two i would consider taking at our 2nd round pick. If both are off the board i make my 2nd round selection, hopefully OL (Juwann Taylor if there isnt something really messed up keeping him from being selected), and then see if i can seal the deal on the thrid rounder for Rosen. If i cant get that deal worked out i make a QB selection in the 3rd, or 4th.

Mind just went blank – What’s it called when a you trade a future draft pick that has different value dependent on different variables like games played., performance etc. ?

Stanger, there were reports after that that only 2 teams had actually made ffers, us and the G-Men. Washington even denied ever having made an offer for him and they had been what the media has been saying was the one most hot and heavy.

I at least believe that when the report came out that the Giants, Skins, Pats and us had inquired that was true and the only teams that did so and yes that it was the Cards who put that out (Rosen’s agent had no reason to do so). On what an actual offer or not…. you can smoke that one a lot more. Says a guy who once planted things in the press at times. Not saying I lied, but sometimes made a little thing a whole lot bigger than it was. If you go “on background” you become one of those “unnamed sources” 🙂

Piggy – D is right, it’s an onditional pick you jerk!

Hey Cardinals…

Thanks for keeping this place going MikeE. Your hard work is appreciated.

You opinion however is WRONG!

LOL

D – It’s lzheimer’s. lol

oinkditional is when you give me whatever I want

68. Dolphins dream secondary
    Xavien Howard and Greedy WIlliams at CB
    Minkah FItzpatrick and Reshad Jones at S

These were my favorite players in the draft in this order:
    Sweat
    Oliver
    Williams
    Wilkins
    Allen

Its sad that Sweat got his draft status damaged by a misdiagnosis. I smell a lawsuit lol.

70. Redskins lucked out, many thought and talked of them trading up to get Haskins, but Haskins was available for their pick without trading up

I know this is highly unlikely but i had heard rumors that Peterson was on trade block too. I would love to do a package trade, Rosen for a 3rd, and Jones for Peterson. Cards have some young CB talent, and Peterson is getting older and is expensive, Jones is the same for us, so a swap of contracts and Rosen for a 3rd would be a sweet ass trade. Fitzpatrick and TJ in the secondary, X and Peterson on the outsides and McCain in the nickle…. thats a pretty sick secondary.

JUST SAY NO TO TRADING FOR ROSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock – Anything for you bud! It could be wrong, but I’m still gonna spew it freely

Based on his power rankings have suspected for years that Pete Prisco is a Phin Fan…. suspecting even more after this. He might be right — but man is he excited.
    —————————–
    DOLPHINS
    Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

April 25, 2019 at 9:30 pm
    Sweat would be Sweet

lmao, for the thirteenth pick? hes not even a first rounder!

• pheloniusphish says:

He was selected in the first round, making him, by definition, a first round pick. He was a top 10 talent who fell because of a health rumor, a la Tunsil and the gas mask. Try to stay with us or I may have to downgrade you to a half of halfwit. That would be a quarter wit, if you ran out of fingers and toes trying to figure it out.

• dude sucked, he was not worthy of a first rounder is what i meant, try to keep up.

anyway chew on this he was selected 26 by the skins, You would have seriously reached for what skins thought was barely a first, and i thought a second

BPA at 13 < not reach, dimwit

Sweat would have been a major reach at 13

Wilkins Seems to have a Ray Lewis type personality?

I could only hope that he can get the team jacked up enough to run through a wall!

77. some of the top players available in the second
    Drew Lock
    Greedy Williams
    Jaylen Ferguson
    Conner Mcgovern

Would someone please e-mail me the application to join the HDS? I want to have it on hand just in case the Dolphins are stupid enough to trade for Rosen.

OK I’ve changed my mind!

I think we need to go OT then DE/Edge!

I don’t remember what exactly HDS stood for. They were apposed to the patience brigade. Back in the day.

H was for Henne and S pretty sure was for Society. Not sure what the D was for but after a while was just HDS. But seems we all have no choice but to be on the Patience Brigade these days, says a former member.

Dramatic much Mondo??????

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero

NEW…Day 2 of NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins will make franchise-defining decision today

84. BailBondMike says:

Rosen is our last chance to avoid intentionally tanking
    ———————————————-
    Rosen wouldn’t start over Fitz anyway. He will hold a clip board and learn for a season or most of it. So in your words we are tanking this year regardless.

• its not my words that Rosen isnt starting over Fitzpatrick, those are Your words\
      i never ever said that Fitpatrick would start over Rosen, in fact, i dont believe that at all
      but an argument could still be made we are better even if ROsen did sit the bench, cause then we have 2 qb instead of Fitzpatrick and waterboy

but I would start Rosen over Fitzpatrick in a heartbeat, and if Rosen was here, he would beat out Fitz

Rosen isnt colorblind, he can target white and aqua jersies for us

All the talking head chatter you want in Rosen in one link.

—————-
    And of course will point out the one guy who says what I said before:

Andrew Brandt@AndrewBrandt
    Josh Rosen now becomes the best financial bargain in the NFL. Cardinals paid the bonus ($11 million); new team would get him for $6 million over three years plus a team option. Incredible value. #NFLDraft2019

86. dbolt48 says:

Don’t know if this was posted:

Numerous teams reached out to the Cardinals over the last few months re a Josh Rosen trade. Keim didn’t get back to them about what it would cost until *yesterday*. Cards were still posturing that they might take someone else, like Q. Williams, instead of getting value for Rosen.

Ok if the H was for Henne, then I will be the founding member of the RDS if that stupidity should occur.

• Phindog says:

#RUNNYDOGSHIT

Exactly, I will become the founding member of Runnydogshit if they trade for that guy. #RosenDetractorSociety

I will spend the next year or however much time being the resident hater.

88. BailBondMike says:

I don’t care if we trade for Rosen or not. Would not give up more than a 3rd for him and preferably a 2020 3rd. Didn’t care for him when he was in the draft. He’s a diva and not good enough to be a diva. He came out of college thinking he was the shit. Most of his college team mates didn’t like him because of his attitude. Maybe (big maybe) him being shopped and traded (for hopefully a 3rd) and basically getting kicked to the curb has humbled him a bit.

48 – OSHANE XIMINES
    78 – Will Grier
    116 – MICHAEL DEITER

• BailBondMike says:

Thumbs up, but I would be willing to double up on OL at 78 and 116. Then take Minschew in the 5th. Don’t know why, but have a gut feeling about Minschew. I think he will turn out better than Rosen or Lock. I like Grier better than Rosen or Lock also.

90. BailBondMike says:

Also, Lock ain’t worth it in the second round.

91. Give me Rosen all day, every day. The smartest qb in last year’s draft and he’s got the ability to get it done. He’s a playmaker at the qb position.

Reportedly, we’ve been talking to ARI about it since last night. Even Larry Csonka is in favor of the trade. Get it done Grier. We go into this season with our franchise qb in place and this rebuild isn’t going to take as long as some thought it would.

I think Grier could be very good in the Erhardt-Perkins system.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    April 26, 2019 at 1:36 pm
    Fitzpatrick is the right one?

No, he is a place holder. We have guys on the roster already as good or better than Rosen.

You really don’t like Rosen for some reason. Did he have drinks at an airport bar with John Denney some time?

John Denney is a good player so there is a difference.

I’m just not a good enough at talent evaluation as you. Would say trust your take, but then others who I trust as well say differently. Do know his contract is cheap and he was drafted #10 last year though. Are you thinking he is a Ryan Leaf?

94. BailBondMike says:

yea, why bother with a qb
    when we have the best qb in the league, Fitzpatrick?
    we need Lock, Rosen, anyone not named Fitzpatrick
    —————————————————
    You were just clamoring for Greedy Williams. ???

• there are alot of players i like,

if we sign Rosen, i think Williams would be great in our secondary

if we dont sign Rosen, we have to make a move for a QB, or Williams wont be able to have as much impact if FItzpatrick keeps throwing games away”

we all want the same thing, the team to be rebuilt, the only disagreement is which players where, thats an annual event, lol

but its a given if FItz starts 16 games , tank was the agenda. we wont win more than 3 games with Fitz imo

95. if the fins avoid getting a QB, it will be evident whats going to happen later

consider if we struggled winning games with Tannehill, its not going to be nearly as easy with FItz.

i wont prejudge Fitz interceptions anymore, but once we have a couple dozen interceptio to jets, cheats bills, and others defenders, at that point it will be obvious what the game plan was if the fins dont bring in a serious upgrade to the interception machine

97. BailBondMike says:

Lou, I will agree that Rosen has potential. He is a smart QB and has the arm talent but I stated above why I don’t like him. If he can get over himself, be humble and come in with something to prove then he has a chance in the NFL. Right now, I still feel he is boom or bust.

99. we have the worst QB in the league, we have NOTHING to lose bringing in Rosen

What do ya have against Ryan Fitzpatrick? Statistically, Josh Rosen was the worst QB in the league last year.

• Fitz was tossing ints in the NFL long before Rosen was ever there. and Rosen at least had rookie excuse, FItz is a veteran

look at FItz stats, he tosses interceptions at an alarming rate, for different teams, different coaches, etc

Rosen was a rookie last year, and struggled, but should have some upside with better coaching

Fitz is maxed out, no upside

except draft capital. Why not just give them our third to keep him. We will be a better team an you will be happy because we wasted the pick.

• BailBondMike says:

Foolish for Miami to do that for player who had 392nd worst season of 396 QBs ever rated in ESPN’s QBR formula history.
      ————————————————–
      and there ya go

Ill be happy to leave tonight with Grier Lock or Rosen. I think all of them for the cost of the selection will be well worth the investment. I think you guys get too on player loyal to see value in others. There is something to work with on all three of these guys and since we are already out of the first round we arent sacrificing anything to select any of them.

101. dbolt48 says:

In regards to Rosen I’d make 2nd round selection and wait for the Cardinals to call after that. As I said earlier I’d offer them a 2020 3rd that can escalate to 2nd if he reaches certain incentives. He balls out you got a Franchise guy for a 2nd round investment & if he doesn’t it was still a better trade than the one for Leonte Carroo.

Mark Sanchez was a better QB in college than Rosen and we all know how that worked out. Let him go to someone else!

Hell trade a 2nd for Josh Dobbs before you take Rosen! (that is a direct shot a you my friend)

I’m with those of y’all saying that we should trade a conditional 3rd (that could turn into a 2nd) from the 2020 Draft class, for Josh Rosen. I think that could be a WIN-WIN for all parties.

How can you be against that? It would be the same as a 2019 4th that could become a 3rd. And Cards are saying they will not accept a straight out 3rd. So not sure where their win comes from.

104. I really DO NOT understand how anyone can be at odds with the team possibly getting their franchise qb of the future for a 2nd rd pick. Just doesn’t make sense to me. We’ve had mediocrity at the position for the past 7 years and have a chance at a possible major upgrade but there’s fans who are opposed t

Luke Falk is a better QB than Rosen

106. BailBondMike says:

D, I get what you are saying about player loyalty. It’s not so much that for me as I just wanted to get meat and potatoes for at least the first 2 if not 3 rounds.

107. ProFootballTalk

Verified account

@ProFootballTalk
    Follow @ProFootballTalk

Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

Rock — what is it you don’t like about Rosen? Was impressed by how Randy and think Lou went back and watched tape on him and was impressed. But then you evaluate players better than I do as well. What makes you think Falk is better?

April 26, 2019 at 2:03 pm
    ————-
    I’m not against what I stated above, I’m FOR it. Where does the win for the Cards come from? They get their 2nd rounder (conditional, of course)… just next year.

And I don’t subscribe to some of the nonsense I’ve seen on here recently, that (for example) a 1st this year is worth a full round less next year: a 2nd. Do ya know why? Not all Draft classes are created equally.

The Cards are in a very similar spot as ourselves: they are building for the future. And that’s why we’ve been stockpiling draft picks for 2020. I see no reason why they wouldn’t lick their chops for a conditional pick that could turn into a 2nd next year.

I think it’s a very good compromise to offer the Cards a conditional 2020 3rd (again, that could turn into a 2nd rounder) for Josh Rosen. JMO, as always!

• because you create competition no matter what. you put them head to head and see how he handles it and if Rosen comes out of camp head and shoulders above Fitz then you give him the job.

Thing we seem to be forgetting is this is not the same coaching staff that we had before. With Caldwell in house, especially, we’re looking at a completely different scenario when it comes to getting our qb’s ready.

Squeeze as much juice as you can from the 🍋 that the cardinals created

Yeah, that’s a good one. Historical indicators of how someone performed rather than “your amazing eye”

I’m not keen on Dr. Rosen Rosen, but I’ll have endless fun playing off the Fletch bit. And what it comes down to for me, is I’m on board with what this new regime wants to do. I’ll figure they know what they are doing until they trade away a 2nd rd pick to move up and select Dion Jordan.

117. dbolt48 says:

From Charles Robinson:

Key here for the #Dolphins…Brian Flores comes out of the New England franchise where he spent time as both an evaluator and a coach, learning the value of a smart players/quarterbacks. #Patriots loved Josh Rosen’s smarts. No doubt Flores was very familiar with the evaluation.

118. dbolt48 says:

If Miami believes Rosen is the Franchise QB then the second is minimal compensation. To those worried it takes us out of RD2…don’t worry just flip the conditional assets from 2020 that you’d give for Rosen to jump into the second.

119. BailBondMike says:

How about swapping thirds as the kickback
    ———————————-
    That’s what I said. Trade our 2nd and swap 3rd’s moving us up to #65.

M13 — “How can you be against that?” was a rhetorical comment…… was saying F yeah anyone would want that.

And standard math is you devalue a draft pick by one round if in the next year. Get you don’t agree but that from GMs and NFL reporters. Have no doubt that there are exceptions, including you knowing which class is stronger or weaker and teams figuring out where the other is likely to land in draft spots. Just don’t have the football savvy you do on that…. so just putting out the rule of thumb.

Just don’t think the Cards would “lick their chops” at a 2020 3rd that could become a 2nd when Rosen probably wouldn’t be playing or at least a Q whether he would. Think his window is btwn our 2019 2nd and our 3rd. But you know way more about this stuff than I do. You have that inside dedicated insight and a special talent for such. Let’s see what Rosen goes for…. and it might not even be to the Phins.

I’m confused?
    Who still not drafted has more upside than Rosen???????

Thanks god we didn’t just draft the fist QB to come along because we need one!

If anything about passing on Haskins tells us.
    It’s IF we take a QB it will be because we wanted him, not needed QB!

Well said Wyo – If we get Rosen it’s because he was the plan. It’s not like we whiffed on getting Haskins, if we wanted him, we had him,. We didn’t want him because we want Rosen. There are 2 sides to every negotiation. I think we have leverage because we still have options and it appears they don’t. Most likely, if we don’t strike a deal, they will have to do something for next year’s draft. I hope we can do it for a 3rd, but whatever it is, we won’t be settling at all. We either want him or we don’t!

123. Phindog says:

Matt Infante @MattyInfante

So @RapSheet just said on NFL Network that a Josh Rosen trade “is not close.” @MikeGarafolo says the Dolphins feel a second round pick “is too high of a price” and the deal “is definitely not on the verge of being done.”

Deep breath, everyone.

A 2nd rd pick in 2019 for a QB who was just taken at #10 last year. Think about that.

• drg says:

Agree that it seems like good value, but I have never been big on him at UCLA or last year. Just don’t see him ever becoming a high end QB so it would be a wasted pick in my opinion. That, and it’s kind of the Dolphins bidding against themselves. Maybe a third or fourth rounder.

• BailBondMike says:

Reached for last year.

125. BailBondMike says:

If we make this move for Rosen, I will give this staff the benefit of the doubt. I trust them going forward. If he turns out to be a bust or another Tannehill after 2 years we can always trade the farm for Lawrence in 2021.

That’s the thing — wouldn’t even us from going QB strong in 2020. Not like it did the Cardinals….. and now we are talking about what they get back.

Ok, I have the paperwork all set. RDS is a thing.

If the team believes Rosen can be their QB I’m a fan. 🙂

128. drg says:

Rosen would put us in prime position to tank though. There is that.

I actually liked Rosen last year
    Don’t think he was overdrafted

I just want to try to squeeze the cardinals

Rosen was my 4th of the 4 last year!

This year he would have been 2nd!

If we give up our 2nd this or next year for a top 10 pick from 2018.
    How can that be a shitty transaction?????

I’m sure Flores did his homework on Rosen last year!
    So if he takes him it will be to start!!!!!!!!

It’s important to understand

We don’t just need a franchise QB
    We need a backup

So in 2020 you might see Rosen + some one else (a young player)

Stanger,

We’re just going to have to see what happens, my man. Part of me thinks trading for Rosen is a great idea… part of me thinks we should continue to build the trenches. All I really know is that it’s going to be controversial to the fan base, should this trade for Rosen come to fruition… as you can see on this very board. 🙂

He’s just be our #2 QB with a possible bullet. So if the trade happens seems wouldn’t be too much controversy until at least a few bad losses. And heck might keep the board interesting.

True! But like Pigster above, I want to squeeze the heck out of the Cards if we make this trade.

Rosen wasn’t reached for last year. He was considered a top 10 QB prospect the entire time. Let’s not change history because you may not be a fan of his. I also wouldn’t kill the guy off his rookie season on a bad team.

We’ll see what happens. But as a fan I support how Grier and Flores want to build the team. Nobody knows what’s going to happen yet good or bad. Just go for the ride.

136. I can’t believe anyone can possibly compare Rosen to Tannehill. That’s laughable to me. The kids talent level is off the charts compared to that mediocre p.o.s.

I’ll ask again?

Who is not drafted that is better than Rosen?

And keep in mind they will cost a pick also!

WOW! Fun fact, here!

If we trade for Rosen he definitely gets to compete for the starting job. It’s not going to be handed to Fitz.

Tim — even if might be “a compete” in the press think they will be going like Coach Oscar Goldman did with Steve Austin…. and that takes time.

“We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better, than he was. Better, stronger, faster.”

I had Rosen as the 4th QB last year, I had Mayfield, Darnold, Allen then Rosen. I wasn’t a fan of his fragility and attitude. Doesn’t matter now, if we ant him, he’s been vetted by our guys, and if they’re good, I’m good.

144. BailBondMike says:

Rosen wasn’t reached for last year
    ——————————-
    Tim, going by my draft board he was 😉 LOL

Piggy – If we bring in Rosen, he’s definitely in a legit competition to start. Remember, he’s already used 1 year of his contract.

I don’t know I think he needs a little time to marinate to put it porkly

Let him marinate while he’s playing. He knows the game, that’s his upside, he just to play well. He’s one of the smartest QB prospects out there, he just needs to get it done. He won’t have any trouble processing our offense.

Absolutely! He’s also been paid most of his contract already. It’s definitely worth taking a chance on him for a 2nd rd pick and a low contract for the next few years. If he pans out great! If not, we didn’t invest so much that we can’t recover.

Let me see if I get this pattern

Yesterday before the start of the 1st round, AZ wanted a 1st round pick

Then the 1st rounded ended

Today AZ demands a 2nd

What do you think is going to happen if the 2nd round ends without a trade for Rosen?

We are in the drivers seat here guys
    We have Fitzpatrick and they need the trade

Make them sit through the 2nd round if nexessary

100% Pigs – Either they cave on the 3rd or they fucking keep him, which they absolutely do not want to do. Rosen’s value gets worse and worse the longer he sits on the bench!

Mike E — A team that gets Rosen — has this contract left. Cards would eat the bonus in their cap.

2019 — $1,279,898
    2020 — $2,079,796
    2021 — $2,879,694
    2020 — possible 5th year option

I’m not so sure we have all the leverage. Its possible that ARI could keep Rosen and trade him to a team if a QB gets hurt during the season. Plus, there is some logic in them keeping him in case Murray does get hurt.

Sure, that’s possible, but we still have the leverage now. You think they want to hold him and take that chance? No matter what we have the leverage,

Charges need a QB in waiting and so do the Pats. We are not the only players for him out there even if they don’t want to wait for an ACL injury.

M – I don’t get the Star Wars pic. What am I missing?

These are my thoughts also!

Matt Infante @MattyInfante

Trading for Josh Rosen would NOT prevent the Dolphins from drafting a quarterback in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft. It would be up to Rosen to prove to the Dolphins that they have no need to do so.

DRAFT THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!

154. lmao, some are saying in jest i hope , that Wilkins should get a fine for roughing up the commish when his name was called.

that was classic, i was hoping Goodell would go to the ground, hes not a guy that chest bumps 300 pound guys

April 26, 2019 at 3:26 pm
    M – I don’t get the Star Wars pic. What am I missing?
    ———–
    That post was from Mark Hamill himself (Luke Skywalker), a known hater of the sequel trilogy… even though he’s in it. He can’t STAND the way that JJ and Rian Johnson have handled his character. The pic he posted is what HE would have like to have seen in Episode 7: The Force Awakens… and it obviously is superimposing all of the original cast together as one, once again. Hence: #MissedOpportunities

I thought it was rather well done!

Oh, okay. I don’t get deep into the politics of it, I just watch these movies like I’m a 4 year old. 🙂

I’m a HUUUUUUGE Star Wars GEEK! But me too… when I watch the movies, I’m like 4 years old, buddy!!! 🙂

156. Rosen “unfollowed” the Cardinals on instagram and twitter. deal is almost finalized

apparently he doesnt need to keep tabs with them anymore

And if a deal doesn’t get done, Rosen is going to look like the spoiled brat everybody is accusing him of being.

• Flores is rumoured to like the guy, and the deal is almost final, so we will see how it all works out.

im still praying for anything but Fitz

By doing this (unfollowing the Cards on Twitter and Insta), Rosen just might have shot himself in the foot. I can guarantee ya that teams are following such matters (the media branches of every team).

• i think Rosen knows he is gone, and prolly has some bad feelings about Arizona.

it didnt seem to discourage the Fins from trying to ink a deal, to Me its all ridiculous, lol

twitter, facebook, instagram, snapchat, i dont like any of them

I agree with needing either something back this year (swap 3rd rounders, or get a fourth rounder) or conditional. Regardless of whether arisen is worth a second, we need to be smart and take advantage the fact that the Cardinals are desperate. People have doe it to us for years.

M13, if you were Rosen how would you feel? The Cardinals are fucking with his career.

Well it looks as if it will get done, giving up a 2nd for a 67.7 passer rating QB! I hope they know something his stats dont!

I wonder who will start opening day? Rosen or Fitz???

163. So Rosen looks like a spoiled little brat because he unfollowed the Cardinals on Instagram? That’s ridiculous. He knows he’s not part of the team’s future and he most likely won’t be around much longer. Why bother?

When you really think about it…This may be a great move!…after all Rosen got the cards to the top of the draft!

If your Grier at least wait to see who’s there in the 2nd before you pull that trigger.

The more I watch of Wilkins the more I like Him!

He’s going to Kill the Miami media!!!!!!!

Prof Lou — seems Rosen unfollowing the Cards on twitter and instagram at least means he wants out of there. Could be a spoiled kid move…. or maybe it means he wants to come to the Phins (the most logical trade partner today) and wants to help make it happen. Not a doubt in the world it devalued the Arizona draft position.

• Could be he was looking at Yahoo Sports that reported as a done deal that ARI traded him to Miami for the #48 pick. Yahoo was reporting it as finished.

In any case, I really can give two shites about what people perceive to be an attitude issue or whatever. In watching him playing and the way he interacted with his teammates on the sidelines I have never seen him look like he had an attitude.

On the other hand, when Johnny Football played at A&M his attitude was on full display. And Rosen handled himself extremely well during the entire situation so there’s something to be said about that.

And, I agree with you. ARI handled it all wrong and now they’re not going to get the value they were looking to get.

Why does everyone nowadays have to commit to an opinion on players so early in their careers…and lots of times before they ever play a snap in the NFL? Can’t we just wait and see how they develop? Hell, Tannehill got 7 years of: “Next year….” lol

If I told you last week we would get
    Wilkins
    Ferguson / Chase W./ Allen
    Rosen

With the first 3 pick,
    You would have creamed your jeans!

April 26, 2019 at 3:46 pm
    —————
    How about this: if I were Rosen’s agent, I’d highly advise him to not burn bridges… and don’t look like a snotty little brat to other teams. Be a PROFESSIONAL.

I know this sounds crazy, but social media accounts are very much a part of one’s identity these days. Nick Bosa took a shitload of flack for going back and deleting his political views from Twitter just last week. It actually garnered national attention.

Again, and as I said above to David, all 32 teams have social media arms who monitor these things. Josh Rosen just may have shot himself in the foot… and by extension, the Cardinals when it comes to what his trade value will ultimately become.

And I don’t believe the Cardinals are fucking with his career… they just want to get the best compensation they can (who wouldn’t?).

JMO, but Rosen is acting like a child by having done what he did.

All he did was delete his accounts knowing he’s not part of the Cardinals team anymore. He showed up at their minicamp ready to work and do his job. There’s nothing snotty brat about that. I think you’re making too much out of it. The guy wants to be wanted and have a chance to play. Oh the horror. LOL

I would wait until I was on the clock and see what QB’s were available. At least make Ari think I was considering one of them. I didn’t like Rosen all that much last year because of his perceived attitude, but to Randy’s point – Favre was traded by the Falcons in his second year.

172. the question was posed above “who is still out there to be drafted today who is better than Rosen?”

add to that, someone saying that we have no o line so we’re not going to be better even with him. okay, but if we draft an o lineman in the 2nd and he starts and Fitz is the qb is that situation any better?

C’mon M – Not everyone follows social media like 13-year old girls. It’s just not that important.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    April 26, 2019 at 3:58 pm
    —————
    I don’t believe you have ANY room to talk, Lou. I mean, it was YOU who went out of his way to trash this blog on social media, and you not only unfollowed me, you BLOCKED me on Twitter.

Talk about hypocrisy. SMH

Please don’t lecture us on social media matters.

In other news, the all world WR and teammate, Jarvis Landry, is a no show at the Brown’s camp.

For Rock they’s have to throw Kyler Murray into the deal to make it happen

You can keep them both! You would have to give me two first round picks to take them.

177. ElephantRider says:

I’d give a 3rd for Rosen. But nobody is asking me…

If they trade and get him, great. If they don’t, great.

pheloniusphish says:
    April 26, 2019 at 4:19 pm
    ————-
    Bro, that’s just not true, and you KNOW it. My company alone has fired a great many people for posts on social media… NOT JOKING.

BTW the report came out LAST NIGHT that Rosen had un-followed the Cardinals on IG. IMO it was a childish overreaction to them taking Murray #1 because he did it right after the pick.

That would be the time to do it. He knew his time was done there. He’s been in the news about where does he end up for months. Big deal he deleted his social media accounts of a team he’ll no longer be with. Who cares? LOL

Damn!
    I unfollowed all my draft prospect peeps yesterday!

I must be a headcase??? 😉

181. first NFL.com gives Miami an A plus, now CBS sports also gives us an A plus!

We don’t know what the Cardinals were telling Rosen in private. Maybe they were assuring him home was part of their future and he got pissed. who knows? If we are going to trash someone, let’s point it towards Tyreek Hill…

mf13ss says:
    April 26, 2019 at 4:25 pm
    pheloniusphish says:
    April 26, 2019 at 4:19 pm
    ————-
    _________
    It is true. Social media was invented for 13 year old girls so they could whisper and giggle about boys and fawn over Taylor Swift. Then a bunch of old perverts start using to whisper and giggle about other things and to fawn over Taylor Swift. Now people think it’s actually important and can’t go an hour without the validation they feel when someone says something they agree with.

May I remind y’all, that Richie Incognito made a social media post regarding his latest arrest. Had the Bills PR (media arm) not reported as much, things could have gotten very, very ugly.

And interestingly enough, the Dolphins PR (media arm) alerted law enforcement after seeing a post from Jonelle Martin (who had already been LONG GONE from our team), after he seemingly threatened to shoot some people up, including Incognito.

YES… what these players do on social media is always being tracked.

What does that have to do with Rosen deleting his accounts? He didn’t post anything negative, he deleted them.

Rosen didn’t delete his accounts, he just flipped the bird to the Cardinals… thus leaving him in limbo. You don’t think that hurts his stock? We have the Cardinals over a barrel at this point. SQUEEZE THEM!!!

FULL-COURT PRESS them!!! We can get Rosen now, IMO, for an ever better value than trading our 2nd rounder for him!

• unfollowing is the social media equivalent of flipping a bird? lol

i thought it just meant Your weren’t interested in following a person or business, and

one could argue Rosen isnt obligated to follow them, when they have already moved on, and flipped Rosen a bird by drafting Murray first overall

Lots of people do social media of all ages and many have gotten into trouble for what they post on it. You are so right about that. Seems all Rosen did was disconnect though. Did he do something other than that….. or is that a reason to get fired these days?

That’s all he did and now somehow he’s a bad guy. The Cardinals have been fucking with the guy for months and then took all 10 minutes to make their selection when everyone knew who they were taking. Just like we all knew he’d likely be traded when they select Murray, you don’t think Rosen knew that too. But they were sending him mixed messages for months. I’m sure all he wants is to be wanted by a team and go compete.

185. ElephantRider says:

Brian

Seems no big coverage of what was released on Hill. I wonder what the Chiefs now do???

Ah!
    The new way of saying “fuck you” without actually saying it!

I’m gonna put this one to use!!!!!!

I just deleted my WordPress account. But then I had to make a new one so I could tell you guys I deleted it.

😉

PLEASE COME TO YOUR SENSES GRIER!

JUST SAY NO

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    April 26, 2019 at 4:39 pm
    …screw off social media, just a tool of oppression nosing around in peoples private lives

i get home from the store and google is asking me how was my experience there, lol wtf i didnt know google went to the store with Me, but yea, they do
    ——————
    BOOM!!!

And I couldn’t agree MORE, David!!!
    +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

So much unnecessary drama. LOL

I went on a week long cruise like four weeks ago….. did any of you notice I was gone? Oops…. meant to say that was a protest move about what someone said. 🙂

Randy says:
    April 26, 2019 at 4:10 pm

——————————
    I jus felt this was worth reposting.

What is this “social media” you guys all talk about? Is that something you do on Netscape?

ER
    KC stated that they had re-opened the Investigation in light of the new evidence!

April 26, 2019 at 4:44 pm
    So much unnecessary drama. LOL
    ——————
    I don’t see ANY drama! I’m trying to get Rosen’s stock to tank, so as to get him for lesser than a 2nd rounder! Lou seems to want to spend as much as possible to land him!

I’m with getting Josh Rosen, but NOT for a 2nd rounder. Let’s try to get him cheaper, based on some of my points.