Dolphins walloped by Patriots in 43-0 shutout

I would like to think after seeing what QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has done for the Dolphins so far this season that the decision to go forward with Josh Rosen as the starter is going to happen as early as Game 3, away against the Cowboys. In very limited time yesterday, Rosen had 2 potential TD’s dropped in the same drive, one to Jakeem Grant and one to Preston Williams, both very catchable balls that were mishandled. Obviously when you lose 43-0, who starts at QB isn’t the only issue, but the notion that the veteran QB gives them a better chance to win on Sunday simply can’t be true.

I said it before the season that the Dolphins were putting a lot on Eric Rowe’s plate. If we had 2 poor CB’s, he wouldn’t see as much action as pass attempts would probably be divided more equally, but with Xavien Howard on the other side of the field, teams will always look to exploit the weak link. Rowe has struggled here as the starter, after being used sparingly in NE for the past 3 seasons. Rowe started only 12 total games for the Patriots, and it’s pretty clear why. Rowe is not up to the task, but our depth at CB just isn’t there, with Jomal Wiltz, Chris Lammons and Johnson Bademosi.

I look at our O-line and D-line and think “Who are these guys”? If I told you Jesse Davis would be our LT a month ago you’d surely laugh. If I told you veteran DT John Jenkins, formerly of the Saints, Seahawks and more recently the NY Giants would be our starting RDE in our 3-4 base you’d say “huh?”. I love Godchaux, glad to see he’s still with us, but surprising he’s at the nose instead of DE where Jenkins is. Jenkins is 330lbs, you’d think they would flip flop those 2. Rookie LG Michael Deiter has been OK, and veteran OC Dan Kilgore is doing his best. Tough task for Kilgore with Deiter on one side and newly acquired Danny Isidora on the other. Now, veteran J’Marcus Webb is our RT, not LT. Good job Naples, you called the Webb signing!

Then there’s the Minkah defection. Here’s Minkah’s strengths in his draft profile:

Strengths

• Loves ball, lives ball
  • Extremely competitive play demeanor with a history of showing up big in the biggest games
  • Versatile chess piece with experience all over the field
  • Can step right in and cover the slot, play high safety or handle nickel linebacker responsibilities
  • Good feet with ability to transition backward and forward smoothly around the field
  • Gets to top chase speed quickly
  • Can become rangy safety
  • Able to stick a foot in ground and drive to the ball
  • Plays with “ball-man” vision of an off-ball defender in basketball
  • Has awareness from zone to make loads of plays
  • Has nine career interceptions and four pick-sixes
  • Has downhill mindset as a hitter
  • Plays off of blocks and into tackling position
  • Dangerous blitzer off the edge
  • Attacks line of scrimmage from high safety look in run support and welcomes physical challenges
  • Special teams ace with 22 career coverage tackles

So where the heck does this 2nd year player come off not only complaining about how he’s being used, but actually asking for a trade? Some here want to defend that? Clueless! We’re on Game #3, deal with it! To me, this may be the most disappointing development so far this season. The team invests a high 1st RD draft pick on this player and he has the audacity to request a trade in only his second season. Garbage!

It’s been nearly impossible to make any kind of evaluation on our running backs or even our WR’s. We’re -92 in just 2 games, so how can you evaluate anything? Our RB’s have a total of 23 carries for 52 yards, and Kalen Ballage has 5 yards on 9 carries. Ugh! Of course the O-line and also the level of competition we have played factors in (Ravens, Patriots). It doesn’t get any easier as we play the Dallas Cowboys in their house. Dak Prescott is playing out of his mind so far, Zeke is just getting back into the groove, and the defense which looks to be pretty good behind DeMarcus Lawrence and Leighton Vander Esch hasn’t hit it’s stride yet, but will have a much easier job against us. Our best hope is the Cowboys look past us as they play at New Orleans the following week (w/o Drew Brees).

Going forward, I want to see Josh Rosen in at QB. I can’t stomach the sight of Ryan Fitzpatrick leading this team any longer. If there was initially the thought that Ryan Fitzpatrick gives this team the best chance to win, that thought certainly has perished. Our QB alone won’t elevate our team to victory, but it looks clear to me that Josh Rosen is the more talented QB at this juncture, he can make the throws that Fitz can’t, so it’s time. I’d like to see J’Marcus Webb at LT and Jesse Davis at his more natural RT spot. He looks slow and overmatched at LT. He will still be slow and overmatched at RT, but at least his mechanics are more familiar there. We have to get some offense going, it’s been dreadful. We complained for years that scoring 17-19 points a game doesn’t cut it during the Tannehill era, well now we’re down to 5 PPG, and that must change NOW!

I want to see Chandler Cox in the backfield in some power formation and let’s make some noise! I think Rosen can give us a little spark, but all the other pieces around him have to work at a high level in order to be competitive. Gesicki is slowly coming around, he has 3 catches for 42 yards. If I told you after 2 games that no receiver or running back has not yet reached 100 total yards yet, would you believe it? Who’s closest? WR Preston Williams has 87 yards receiving. We just have to run the ball to open up the passing game. I saw Fitz play action fake about 20 times yesterday and defenders didn’t buy more than 2 of those. They were coming after him and frankly it looked silly. We need to have a few sustainable drives or our defense will be toast before we get to the BYE week. We need all hands on deck, and that includes the mutinous Minkah. C’mon son, you’re a better man than that, TEAM FIRST!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

#staythecourse?

1,417 Responses to Dolphins walloped by Patriots in 43-0 shutout

Now , grabbing a cheap Taco on a Dallas road trip wearing Rosen coloured glasses I’m down with …

COPY AND PASTE
    Dolphins – Cowboys
    Rob 28-17 Fins
    Phish 63-3 Miami
    Piggy 3-2 Miami
    Mike E 17 – 30 Cowboys

^^ Pre Rosen starter news

Toba. 31-24 Miami
    Son 17-14

I don’t think Ramsey would come here… so a first for one ? Year no thanx… talk him into the extension and Let’s Dance , but I don’t see it happnin

And Blog Killed

YES! Big series opening win for the Cards. That’s our first win in Wrigley this year.

Jags D just teeing off on Mariotta

We’re not going to trade a 1st or whatever for Ramsey without a long-term deal. That’s a no-brainer. This is the same kind of courting we did with Clowney.

Just goes to show you, we will pursue top talent we have on our list. This idea that it’s going to take 3-4 years to be pretty good is not accurate. It’s about players. 3/4 of the league is not that good. You want to get into the top 12 or top 8 even better as fast as you can.

What Rosen does from week 3 on is HUGE!!!! He’ll take his lumps but how does he respond and does he show he can be your QB?

The Giants made the move to Daniel Jones and I’m glad the Dolphins did the same thing with Josh Rosen. Find out what your future is. I get the OL and blocking isn’t there yet. But it’s the same for everyone. Let’s stop treating Rosen like he’s so green it’s not fathomable. If he’s not ready you can always go back to Fitz but what’s the point? To me he’s Matt Moore now.

Rosen is ready to play and be who he is. Anyone notice a middle of the road QB like Dak Prescott is playing big time ball now that he has some experience in the system?

So now pundits are using us as an example of how good our opponents are? I thought we were really bad? Now it’s look at how good our opponents are. LOL

Anyone else ever notice how uncomfortable Willie McGinest looks alongside David Carr who he doesn’t really respect as a QB? A HOF player who’s won 3 SBs and a QB who is all about excuses and was never very good. It’s uncomfortable. Carr gets the Super Bowl Champion tag as an intro but that was as a backup QB with the Giants who never played. McGinest knows that.

So now that we have Taco on the menu, we have 3 former 1st round borderline busts on the D line. Can Flo do something with them?

Rosen shine everyone! Time to get up! We got ourselves a QB! I’m looking forward to seeing Rosen play this Sunday. I’m looking for some development, improvement. Make some strides. We can do it!

I certainly hope we don’t sign Jalen Ramsey, what a team distraction that would be!

LOL Wyo- I want to have a reason to watch our team, Fitzpatrick doesn’t offer that. I’m happy I have something to see, and I really hope it works out for us.

well at the very least we will see how Rosens future as Miamis qb goes, if he pans out that would be huge, it would mean we don’t have to use our first pick on a qb.
    i for one would rather trade out of the early pick to get more #1s in the future drafts.

keep those early picks coming.

This ^^^^

However, I just don’t see it. I think the assholes are going to take Tua anyway and just waste the 2nd round pick and 5th round pick we threw away for Rosen. (I DON’T WANT TUA! He is the product of the pro team he has around him playing against kids.)

Mike, I hope that is the case. There is just something about him I don’t trust. 66TD to 8Int is an awesome ratio. I just don’t trust it.

14. TryPod says:

Isn’t there a practical number of picks you can have and a practical number of times you can trade back? If you end up with (for example) 3 first round picks, and they all work out, don’t their contracts come due around the same time and won’t you have to figure out how you’re going to pay them? Plus you’ll have the other contacts that will need tending to.. I guess I’m trying to figure out how much draft capital is too much, or even if that is an issue.

The patriots draft who they want and shift the other picks to the future.

I don’t know if there is a specific # or not????

I’m sure that’s what Flores is trying to get too!

Absolutely. What Rob is saying is if we trade back, he wants to trade back to accumulate future picks, so if we trade back from say #1 to #5, he would want the #5 this year and another 1st RD next year as well, and he wants to keep adding future picks. I’ve already stated that we have enough draft capital for next season. You need to develop players too, and having a draft class of 12 or 13 is too much. I think we may use some picks to acquire young NFL players, which is bizarre considering we traded away 2 we’ve already drafted in Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. It’s just strange.

There is no such thing as “too much draft capital”

It can be used, it can be traded for players or more picks, it can be traded for future considerations

You cannot have too much.

You can only use so many picks in one draft properly. Sure you can parlay some picks into future picks but I do think there’s a reasonable limit as to how many players you can draft in one season without becoming a negative.

Charlton, the 28th pick, was inactive the last two games after two disappointing years and four total sacks. Now he joins Charles Harris, the Dolphins’ 21st pick that draft who has three career sacks. The draft did yield two pass rushers in the 20s that draft. Atlanta took Takkarist McKinley at No. 26 and he has 13 sacks. Pittsburgh took T.J. Watt at No. 30 and he has 21 sacks and eight forced fumbles. The schemes matter and don’t always line up for teams and players. But McKinley and Watt have produced, while Charlton and Harris haven’t. And, yep, the Dolphins now have both Charlton and Harris.

THIS GM was in charge at the time. Main reason why I am not all that hopeful. Ross DID NOT blow it up. Most of the putrid scouting department is still in power here.

• Krishna says:

Why isn’t anyone asking this question about Grier? Very suspect…..all pie in the sky BS if we can’t scout and find the talent. I for one hope the scouting department has turned over / blown up like the team has.

The draft picks don’t have to be used to take a player. They can also be used in trades….this year or next or whatever. I’m flabbergasted that people think you can actually have too many picks. It makes absolutely no sense. Especially the way we’ve been bleeding talent.
    ****
    Top end FAs are not going to come here until we are good again. So, thinking we are gonna make a big jump in talent because we can bring in a bunch of FAs is extremely hopeful, if you ask me. No way we are “good” next year. It will be at least 3 years before we are a legitimate playoff team, which is what I consider a good team…and even that is being optimistic. We may see some wins next year because we’ll probably be playing a last place schedule….just like 2016. How’d that work out the next year?

One of the response to this post is just stupid. “I hope Rosen Balls out so he can stick it to Flores & Grier…” DUMB response.

Now “I hope he balls out so we will know that he is a potential franchise QB and we didn’t waste a 2nd & 5th round pick…” that would make sense.

I still think it was a waste of two draft picks.

Randy – If you would read what some of us are saying, it would make more sense. Just saying too many picks doesn’t, but explaining how you can only draft so many players in a given year and expect to be able to develop all of them does make sense. Of course we can trade picks for a current NFL player as well, which I mentioned. All I was saying is you can only draft so many players in one draft and do it effectively.

You smell that?????

The problem with acquiring Ramsey is that our pass Rush is horrible
    If you have an all pro secondary, but not pass rush, it’s worthless

MikeE,
    I read the posts. It still makes no sense because teams can actually pick and develop any number of players every year when you’re a team like us. Who says you can’t develop 15 new players? Fans? This team needs a major influx of talent in the next couple years. Also, players will be going out the door as you bring in new ones. In the end, I’d be surprised if every pick is used to pick one player. 10-12 pick could result in 7 or 8 players. And, we may only hit on half those picks, so the actual number of players who end up sticking on your roster could be much smaller than the number of picks you start with. The more chances the better. Again, just me.

You think we can develop 15 draftees in one season? Are you kidding? We haven’t been able to develop half of that, so either we’re drafting the wrong the players or we haven’t coached well, or a combination of the two. Also consider, we just traded away 2 players we already drafted, and at least one of those was a very good player for us (Tunsil). Would you not agree it’s like treading water trading players that you just drafted for more picks?

MikeE,
    Short answer; Yes, teams could….and do….bring in a bunch of players every year and develop them. Bad teams bring in lots of new players. Teams can bring in half a dozen college FAs every year alone. Now, whether or not we have the coaches who can do it, is questionable….but that’s a different question…and I have no problem with people questioning that.

Tough task, but if you can find me an example of any NFL team drafting 12 or more players and finding 7-8 good players that played on that team for more than a season, I’d like to see it.

I agree, it will just reduce the amount of UDFA we pick up every year. Instead of UDFA we will have higher rated drafted guys. (not saying definitely better, just higher rated)

Rock – Try had a good point about players contracts all coming due at the same time. Say we do hit on our first 6 picks, we’re going to have to pay 3 first RD players and 3 second RD players contracts at the same time. That doesn’t include any other contracts that will also up be at that time. That could be trouble

I don’t think Try’s Point is good at all. You have to pay your good players regardless of whether they are a year apart. What is your alternate plan? Miss on picks so you don’t have to pay them? What is the difference if you give a guy a big 5 year contract extension in 2020 and then have to give another guy a big 5 year extension in 2021? One year of salary? Not a concern IMO. PLUS first round pick you get the 5th year option on so you have that relief as well.

if the FO manages the cap correctly it will never be an issue.

OK. Personally, I hope we hit on all our picks and then we’ll worry about what happens years down the road at that time. I do think it’s difficult to bring in 12 or more draftees and be able to develop them. I know you mentioned UDFA’s, but I think there’s a different dynamic between UDFA’s and draftees, especially early draftees. Those guys get more time, with UDFA’s, if one bites, great, but many times you won’t dedicate a lot of time on them unless you see something special.

The other option is to over pay for Free Agents.

The answer is keep your own guys and don’t throw away 100M dollars on guys who give you 3 sacks per season. (Suh is spelled very much like Duh)

September 20, 2019 at 1:28 pm

I disagree with the attention the players get thing. I think good coaching staffs try to coach up ALL their players. I’ve heard this staff say that once you are on the team it doesn’t matter when you were drafted. (within reason obviously because of draft capital and salary constraints)

You can obviously have too many picks. There are no hard rules for the draft and since it’s not a hard science, different rules apply to different organizations and drafts based on the teams’s goals and ability to find talent. It’s the same thing as having all the talent but not being able to utilize it..

Grier is a new GM and has set himself up with a huge draft and FA resources to do whatever he wants in comparison to his competitors. With his short history, he will need all of it because they’ve destroyed the talent base here. I also doubt he’s remotely as talented as he thinks he is. He’d have to hit on most his FAs and draft picks to turn this turd around in 2-3 years, That’s jj level of talent and i don’t see it. Jimmy wouldn’t have made some of these moves so far.

He is not a new GM. He has been GM since 2017.

and I argue that it is not obvious. you don’t have to take a player with a draft pick. You can trade that pick to move around to get the player you want.

Can you have too much money? Same difference.

• New Age says:

And the answer is the same. Sure you can. Money doesn’t buy happiness. It doesn’t provide everything in life. It has a hard maximum to it’s value depending on the person. Having a dozen draft picks means little if you can’t strongly evaluate talent outside of the first 3 rounds. On teams like the Rams, later picks are sometimes just filler. Sometimes picks don’t last until the season because you have the talent you need. You might need them again with injuries, but at the start of the season, you may be set with the other talent you’ve accumulated.

You are providing absolutes based on common sense for the average team. There are always outliers.

Overall (not without exception) you have much better odds to find a good player in the draft than as a UDFA. You have a better chance with a higher draft slot than a lower one. I WISH this team could get to the point where we are cutting draft picks every year because we have better talent on the team (as apposed to cutting them because the new Coaching or front office regime doesn’t see them as a “fit”) I would take 15 draft picks every year without question or hesitation.

I would just hope that we are not trading away our best players every year to get those picks. But trading down from say 5 to 8 when we already have #1 or #2 and another in the teens is a no fucking brainer for me.

We already have. We traded Tunsil and Minkah. I know we got fair or better returns on them, but the players we draft better be worth it

• New Age says:

I agree and think the Tunsil trade will bite us in the ass in the end. Hopefully, Grier finds another really talented LT next year. We REALLY need one.

Now if you guys disagree on how we obtain said “too many” draft picks, I can agree that that is arguable. (I didn’t like trading our first round pick the very next season, but he didn’t wan’t to be here and that could have become a distraction to the rest of the player moving forward)

• New Age says:

I have less issue with the Minkah trade than the Tunsil one. If Tunsil was really traded for all that…then we wouldn’t have given all the rest for that trade, right? He was part of a huge trade that really ate into out talent base and helped push Minkah out the door. I think we have to attribute our level of pathetic the last two weeks directly to that trade.

I wish all coaches had balls like Belichick. I’d walk out too. ‘Journalists love to push the envelope and then cry when people don’t kiss their ass. I really hate today’s group of journalists in just about every field. They are disrespectful, lying scumbags for the most part. It’s a sad sign of our society that drama and conflict are majors drivers in all aspects of our lives and entertainment. Football is built off natural conflict and competition but it’s never enough.

He litrally told them what question not to other with and they sat there the whole time trying to find clever ways to ask that fucking question. He handled it better than i would.

New Age says:
    September 20, 2019 at 1:52 pm

But this does NOT mean that you can have too much. Just because it doesn’t buy happiness does not prove the argument that you can have too much.

It can’t buy happiness but it sure as hell can buy things that can make you happy!

If you have 20 picks in a year (which would be near impossible) that would still not be too many. You can trade them for future picks you can trade them for players or you can trade them for draft position.

You don’t have to draft 20 players. HOWEVER, if you did draft 20 players the odds are much better that you will hit on players. (The odds of hitting remain the same, about 50/50 but 10 is better than 3.5 players per draft. (if you hit on 50%)

I disagree with this as well. You can’t point to the trade where we unloaded TWO players and say unequivicably that not having those two guys lead to the shit show we saw the past two weeks. Neither player plays defesce. 102 point is not all the offense’s fault (other than giving the other team more chances)

September 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm
    We already have. We traded Tunsil and Minkah.

Yes, that is why I said I just hope we are not doing EVERY YEAR.

I hear ya man. I’m not really concerned we’ll do that, but I just hope they have a plan, and of course, that it works.

my biggest concern is that Grier has not been that good in rounds 1-3 PLUS the guys he did hit on he moved out. This is not a new regime in the front office 90% of the bad scouting department that failed to find talent the past decade is still hardly at work at it now.

I don’t know that I agree that Grier hasn’t been good in rounds 1-3
    We drafted Baker in 2018 and that’s good pick
    Howard in 2016
    Minkah, Drake, Tunsil

Those are all pretty good picks

I keep seeing people argue here and elsewhere that Grier was a problem
    But I don’t look at the drafts of the last few years as problems

I thought we had some decent young players at the end of Gase regime
    But no veterans to help bring them along and take the pressure off them

LMAO @ still hardly at work!

Having to pay 4 or 5 big contracts in the same year can be manipulated easily by signing bonus allocation. You just allocate different amounts of the bonuses for each player to different years, then structure the individual yearly salary payouts to compliment each other.

I don’t really agree with the concept you can have too many 1st/2nd rd picks. At least not when we’re talking 3, 4, or 5, maybe if we were talking 10+.

I do however agree that it doesn’t matter how many picks you have if you can’t select the right guys, lol. I think this is a legitimate concern for us.

If Grier started as fulltime GM in ’17 that means he’s selected Harris, Fitzpatrick, Wilkins. Harris is nearly a bust, Minkah has an attitude problem ad forced his way out, and Wilkins has been invisible as far as I am aware. It’s too early to judge Wilkins, and Harris still has another year to prove himself, but like I said, legitimate concerns about talent evaluation and getting this rebuild done right.

It’d be nice if the flipping Pirates could get a win against the damned Brewers. with their remaining schedule, I think they have a legitimate shot at sneaking into the NLC lead at the end of this thing while the Cubs and Cards trade games.

45. BailBondMike says:

Dallas Rookie defensive tackle Trysten Hill, is expected to make his debut against the Dolphins. I mocked him to us in the late rounds out of UCF. Dude is a gamer

AB released by the Pets.

Good. I sincerely hope he never plays in the NFL again. He doesn’t deserve to after what he pulled on the Raiders, regardless of any charges that are upheld or not for rape.

Yep. I’m just glad to see someone who is clearly not a good person getting at least some form of comeuppance.

48. BailBondMike says:

Got back from Miami last night after going to see the Pats beatdown in person. Sigh… Sure it was a blow out but take away just a couple plays and it would have been a different game (not a blow out anyway). I am talking about the 2 bonehead INT’s by Fitz and the many dropped balls (I counted 5 and one got INT’ed). Then the two 3rd and 17’s the pats had that they converted. Oh well, I had a blast. At least I had 3 complimentary nights at the Hard Rock Hotel to ease the pain.

Figures that he got to kick our ass for one week though, huh?

MikeE,
    You guys are throwing, like, 3 different arguments in at once and debating that. Lol
    ***
    I’m just saying picks are good. The more picks you got….the more chances you got to get good players. We need a lot more talent on this team, and the draft is a major part of how you do that. How you use them. How you got them. How you develop them. Are all different arguments….and certainly debatable.

September 20, 2019 at 4:25 pm

There are and have never been any “charges” for rape.

THere is a civil lawsuit filed by a money grabber that supposedly was assaulted, then continued to work closely with him form months, was assaulted again, continued to work for him and then finally after the third “rape” didn’t do anything but extort money from him.

I wonder if the Pats are on the hook for his salary?

53. BailBondMike says:

Cards just went ahead. Dammit. Cubs are playing themselves right out of the wildcard even. Sucks! Molina has always been a thorn in the Cubs paw.

What does Antonio Browns resume look like?

So much for the Patriot way

56. BailBondMike says:

Mike E., I like that 1st round mock you posted earlier:
    DE Chase Young, Ohio State
    OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
    C Tyler Biadasz
    Since we would miss out on Fromm, Tua, Herbert and Love, I would draft QB Joe Burrow, LSU in the second round.

If we not draft a QB, I would love this draft

I might take another pass rusher though (pair 2 2nds to move into the first)

57. naplesfan2010 says:

From the above:
    >>>>
    The Cowboys have ruled out six players for Sunday’s game, not that it will matter much.

As a heavy favorite over the Dolphins, Dallas shouldn’t need to be fully healthy this week.

The Cowboys ruled out receiver Tavon Austin (concussion), receiver Michael Gallup (knee), safety Xavier Woods (ankle), defensive lineman Tyrone Crawford (hip) defensive tackle Antwaun Woods (knee) and linebacker Luke Gifford (ankle).

Coach Jason Garrett said the Cowboys will discuss the possibility of adding either a receiver or a defensive lineman to help with depth. They need only one more game-day inactive.

Rookie defensive tackle Trysten Hill, the team’s top choice this spring, is expected to make his debut.
    >>>

58. naplesfan2010 says:

That is actually a significant list of people out for the Cowboys.
    That is a third of a defense and 2 starting WRs.

I think I’ll tighten up my prediction:

Dallas 24 – 16

59. BailBondMike says:

Son, yeah, I was pulling for us to draft Minschew even after we traded for Rosen. Jags getting him in the 6th round was a steal now. I just liked his quick release, accuracy and ability to extend plays.

September 20, 2019 at 4:34 pm
    What are you his lawyer?

No, but I wish I was. Easy money.

61. naplesfan2010 says:

I hope they banish Brown from the league.

But they really need to look into how fair it was to Oakland adn Miami to have things go the way they did.

The Raiders gave up draft picks to sign him and then he BSd his way out of it right into NE.

The patsies ought to compensate the Raiders.

BailBondMike says:
    September 20, 2019 at 4:42 pm
    Mike E., I like that 1st round mock you posted earlier:
    DE Chase Young, Ohio State
    OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
    C Tyler Biadasz
    ______________________________
    Great as long as we trade back for future consideration on that 1st pick.

63. Krishna says:

Who do we have left from the Grier era? I need help on this one? 2 number ones gone? Maybe he needs more capital because he misses more? Not buying it at this point….that he is the man. Concerned he hasn’t kept the best he brought in as it seems counter-intuitive at this point.

every one misses, it’s a crap shoot, that’s why you need more draft picks, throw enough shit at the wall and some will stick.

65. BailBondMike says:

Great as long as we trade back for future consideration on that 1st pick.
    ———————————————–
    It’d be nice but you trade back you ain’t getting Chase Young. On the flip side, there are two other very good DE’s poised to go in the top 10 so you really would not miss out on one. The dude from Iowa and can’t recall the other right now.

• ocalarob says:

I think you can, as a matter of fact the link that was posted mentioned that, Tua will probably be the first player taken

• BailBondMike says:

You are right, we never know how it’s going to go.

• ocalarob says:

from the link
      “A quarterback will be taken with the No. 1 overall selection but it is reasonable for Miami to bet on Josh Rosen and trade back to acquire even more draft capital. Young is the best pass rush prospect in the 2020 NFL Draft.”

66. BailBondMike says:

Fucking Cubs! 12 base runners so far this game through 8 innings and all you can muster is 1 run. SMH!

I agree, take the best pass rusher with your first pick

Krishna says:
    September 20, 2019 at 5:27 pm
    Who do we have left from the Grier era?

Ummmmm……..everyone? Meaning everyone on the team almost was brought here by Grier. 😂😜

But in all seriousness if you were talking about first round picks there is only Harris who is a borderline bust

• Krishna says:

I stand corrected…and I was thinking 1st round talent. It’s hard to see his vision right now. More is less so far.

September 20, 2019 at 4:34 pm
    What are you his lawyer? Fuck Brown, he probably did everything that woman said he did. Oh, and fuck the Brewers too! LOL

ocalarob says:
    September 20, 2019 at 4:48 pm
    I think that have him on a text apologizing to her so yeah, it’s very likely he did that shit
    ——————–

Yeah, and it doesn’t take a genius to delve into all the allegations of how he treats people and his documented narcissism and sense of entitlement to see it’s a very real possibility these allegations are true.

It’s a common male refrain to say “why did she keep going back?” Men live in a vastly different world than women do. A lot of women have to put up with unwanted advances literally every day, especially young pretty ones.

Most women entrepreneurs, especially when still trying to establish a business understand there is a certain level of harassment they may have to deal with especially when dealing with a rich and/or famous client. She was allegedly harassed the 1st two times, then is escalated to rape in the 3rd event. If a woman confronts the harassment and chooses to go back and it then escalates from harassment to rape, they didn’t ‘deserve’ it. It’s still rape and still wrong. I may question her intelligence or decision making, but shit, Bill Cosby? Harvey Weinstein? Hello, this shit happens all the time and all over.

At the same time, I acknowledge these athletes are targets, so it is entirely possible she may be in a money grab scheme. You can look at the texts he sent, and the character he’s shown, and look at what we know about her (the 2nd event involved him ejaculating on her, this is the one that makes me wonder at the veracity of her story), and make a personal judgement. I personally think there is probably at least some truth in the story.

And I would think that if he were a Miami Dolphins too 😉

And fuck the Brewers!

Go Brewers!

🤷‍♂️

Not surprised AB was released. Too much going on with him.

74. Krishna says:

Ha! You nailed it. Thank you. The pain is huge…..

75. Krishna says:

Uh oh….

So what I am hearing is Pets felt they needed Brown in order to beat us 🤔🤡

Mike E ‘s walk in the room song

I don’t mind the Brewer’s too much!

Excited to see Rosen start even if he’ll take his lumps along the way, we need to see what he is.

WYO : are you enjoying the Ranch this year ?? We are finding it rather dark….

Binged watched the whole season during the tropical storm Wednesday!

Ya it’s gotten a little dark!

But it’s always been that way really?

• manitobafinfan says:

Somewhat yes, but always had some great guffaws .. we have watched I think 4 of this year, haven’t had the bust a gut laffs yet… I believe this is the last season of it ☹️

I could do without the Mary story line!!!!!!!!!!!1

COPY AND PASTE
    MIA @ DAL

Rob 28-17 MIA
    Phish 63-3 MIA
    Piggy 3-2 MIA
    Mike E. 30-17 DAL
    Toba 31-24 MIA
    Son 17-14 MIA ??
    Naples 24-10 DAL
    OD 48-10 DAL

Dallas minus 6 players. MIA minus MINKAH. Seems about even to me.
    ROCK: You said “Ross did NOT blow it up. Most of the putrid scouting department is still in power here.” Obviously Ross STILL believes in Grier and his scouts. YOU, ME and others do NOT!! That’s why ROSS NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!! a NEW OWNER IS mIAMI’S #1 NEED.
    Bring on the BEAL ERA ASAP!!

• manitobafinfan says:

Holy Shit , you learned to copy and paste 👍👍👍. Great job OD 🤡

No, ‘toba, I did not. Simply wrote it down, then re-posted. Cut and paste never seems to work for me, despite Young Stanger’s best efforts to teach me.

manitobafinfan says:
    September 20, 2019 at 8:58 pm
    ———————————–
    Not after the ending! 😉

And yes the Mary part has been drug out too long 🤡

I really liked her in that other show.. Terms of Engagement??

84. naplesfan2010 says:

I think I predicted Dallas 24-16.

Even if not long term a new era has started in Miami with Rosen starting, at least he he prototype size and arm to work with.

Krishna, wishing you well during this tough time. Peace & Love

COPY AND PASTE
    MIA @ DAL

Rob 28-17 MIA
    Phish 63-3 MIA
    Piggy 3-2 MIA
    Mike E. 30-17 DAL
    Toba 31-24 MIA
    Son 17-14 MIA ??
    Naples 24-16 DAL
    OD 48-10 DAL

Naples:,There I fixed it , although I almost changed it to Miami 😊

25-24 MIA🤪

Going to lower my loss ratio now that the better QB is playing. Dallas wins 31-17

Well I think I’ll go to bed!
    wish me luck trying to get around the road closures tomorrow going home!

91. TryPod says:

Moderators
    It looks like I have something hung up on posting. I put a link to a song from YouTube like I always do and it had yet to post, and when I try to pay it again I get the message saying “it looks like you’ve already posted this”…

Sorry, had to post the same song live version. Ray Charles was just such an amazing performer watching him live is the best way to enjoy his music! Even when he messes up, he owns it.

LOL, Bookman. I was pretty sure you were the Brewers fan. I think you guys have a good chance to play yourselves into that division title. No way the Cards sweep the last 5 against the Cubs, and since the Pirates are only marginally better than wet towels, you guys will sweep them. I have to hope the Reds continue to be a tough out and get a game against you, and the Rockies can get one or two against you. Otherwise we might need to win 6 of the last 9.

Back at Yale icu. Had a swollen epiglottis. Took a nap woke up and couldn’t breathe. Ambulance got there just in time. I have a viral infection but my throat is prone to inflammation because of the radiation. Doing better now hoping to be home for kickoff on Sunday. But really scary. It was a close call today

Jesus Ken. I’m glad it was just a bad scare. Take care of yourself bro. Prayers to you

I was probably a few minutes away from not being here. My oxygen level was 72% and my pulse was 40. The guys in the ambulance saved my life but the good news is some steroids and antibiotics and I should be good

• Wow Ken, get better soon, and be a little more cautious where You put Your toungue, lol

Just because something looks good, it does NOT mean it’s good to eat, lol
      Hopefully You get out today, best wishes Ken

They are giving the Hulk steroids. Let that sink in

Wow, Ken, glad you’re still with us. Positive vibes your way, brother!

Jesus man that’s scary. Can they give a CPAP or something to make sure that doesn’t happen again or is that just one of the things you have to stay alert for?

UP AND AT ‘EM EARLY: Been up for about 30 minutes preparing to drive to a board meeting in Orlando. KEN,KEN,KEN!!!!!! —SOOO-O-O glad you’re still with us!!!!! I’ve ALWAYS RESPECTED YOU–and now I’ve got yet another reason to do so. I CAME CLOSE to passing when I broke into my first asthma attack in 1990!! Being a non-smoker, I was PISSED when my doctor told me I had middle age onset of asthma cause by exposure to SECOND HAND SMOKE from my mom, dad, and sisters growing up. AT that time, many thought the issue of second hand smoke was unsubstantiated bullshit!!! Well, I’m here to tell you IT’S NOT!! Any way, as Young Stanger can testify to, I have to be VERY CAREFUL about avoiding ALL CIGARETTE SMOKE all the time!! Get well, Ken!! This site certainly needs you!!!
    ———————-
    I’ve just completed 4 years as President of this state organization for coin collectors and dealers. Been on the board for 42 years and been President 3 times. This unpaid volunteer work has been one of the great joys of my life! Our annual January convention is now America’s largest coin convention, thanks in no small part to our officers and 10 board members. We just love what this team effort has accomplished!
    ———————
    Y’all have a great day. I know I will.

One more music video post before I get on the road for the day. For those who are despairing over the rebuild.

Holy crap Ken, glad you’re fine. Way to go EMS!

Wow Ken, glad to hear you’re okay.

Damn Hulk! Stop swelling that epiglottis will ya! Happy to hear all is well bud, stay healthy and happy!

Well on a positive note at least the Patriots cut Antonio Brown the week after they played us

106. TryPod says:

Was it an allergic reaction to something, Ken? Would epinephrine have helped?

the penalties are getting absurd! the thursday night game was stupid, every play had a penalty, one guy sacked the qb was very careful not to put his weight on the qb and was flagged anyway.

Glad to hear your OK Ken!

Why on gods green earth would you say ” Hey there’s flooding everywhere let’s take the Prius” ?????????????????????????????

Did make it home this morning! Just several minor onset’s of road rage! 😉

Bookman – Nothing personal man, you’re just ahead of the Mets in the standings so . . .

Fuck the Brewers! 🙂

i went to get my truck serviced at the dealer and as i was walking around looking at new vehicles i noticed this small bird sitting on the ground, he had no fear of me, i put my finger down and he hopped on it. i had realized that he may have hit the large glass wall, i took him over to some bushes and put him down. can you imagine flying along and hitting a glass wall!

Glad to hear you smashed your health crisis Ken
    Teaches it to mess with Hulk!

Holy crap Ken! Very glad to hear you dodged that one!

COPY AND PASTE
    MIA @ DAL

Rob 28-17 MIA
    Phish 63-3 MIA
    Piggy 3-2 MIA
    Mike E. 30-17 DAL
    Toba 31-24 MIA
    Son 17-14 MIA ??
    Naples 24-16 DAL
    OD 48-10 DAL
    Rockphin 32-13 DAL

Ken,
    Wow. Take care of yourself. At least you have an excuse now for saying you ain’t swallowing no shit from anybody. Lol

118. BailBondMike says:

Love seeing Michigan get their ass handed to them! They are so OVER RATED!!!

119. BailBondMike says:

Son, Looking forward to watching ND and Georgia. Not just to check out the QB’s. Want to see more of that UGA OL play as well as Notre Dame DE/EDGE/OLB Julian Okwara 6’5″ 240 lbs and how he fares against that UGA OL. He had 8 sacks last year, 5 passes batted down and 1 INT but what I want to see most is how he defends the run and this game is the perfect test.

“Okwara is very quick, and has a good speed rush that he uses well. He also has a good feel for when to use his power rush, getting involved with hand fights and trying to distract the tackle from his footwork. The only aspect to his game that I have to question is his run defense. I’m not sure how well he can play against the run because, well… I don’t see him make run tackles very often. This game in Georgia will tell us a lot about how well Okwara, who translates best as a 3-4 OLB, can read, react and diagnose run plays.”

Both the LG and the LT from UGA ate elite. Thomas and Kindley are two I’d love to have on the Phins

121. BailBondMike says:

Not watching the game but I see LSU QB Joe Burrow lighting it up again this time against Vandy.
    23-30 for 394 yards, 6 TD’s and 0 INT’s through 3 quarters.

122. BailBondMike says:

Naples 24-16 DAL
    OD 48-10 DAL
    Rockphin 32-13 DAL
    Ken 31-27 MIA
    Kong 32-24 MIA

127. naplesfan2010 says:

Gosh Ken … so sorry to hear of your brush with catastrophe … looking forward to having fun with you at the fest like last year … hang tough, man

Ken, so glad to hear you got through that episode and you’re okay.

129. naplesfan2010 says:

My son first alerted me that he heard this.
    This should get that ref a warning from the league.
    Like “Tom” is his good buddy?

Here, let me get that for ya, Tim. 🙂

Rockphin 32-13 DAL
    Ken 31-27 MIA
    Kong 32-24 MIA
    Tim 25-24 MIA

Scary shit Ken glad you all right .. 🙏👍

133. naplesfan2010 says:

Brinson and Wilson over at CBS pick the Dolphins over the cowboys.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I would’ve picked us too, but we’re on the road for the first time this season. We got so many rooks, they’re gonna need 6 Jack Russells to keep them all together in the airport.

134. ElephantRider says:

Wow Ken!

You’re too bad to go just yet. Smash that shit away! Glad to hear everything gonna be alright.

UCF spotted them 21 points then started playing now it’s 31- 21 UCF 3rd qtr

Out of icu step down to a regular room. Fighting to be home for kickoff tomorrow

Go Hulk
    Go Rosen
    Go Dolphins
    🤢🏈🐬

138. BailBondMike says:

FUCKING CUBS!!!!

YESSS!! Huge win to try and stay ahead of the damn Brewers, and that pretty much finishes the Cubs in the race for the division. 7 games left with a 3 and a half game lead on the Crew.

Sorry, BBM. Three tough games that literally came down to the last at bat. I’m excited and happy but I’m not crowing at ya, man. The Cubs have made us earn it so far. And you guys still have a shot at the WC, and/or could still easily play spoiler to us.

140. BailBondMike says:

Ken, That’s good to hear!

Damn! Tough loss for the Mets. That probably just about does them in. I felt like they needed to win out.

🐽

Oinks

Ken,

That sounded scary as hell but glad they were on top of it. I hope you are doing much better late on a Saturday evening.

That ones on former Dolphins draft pick Coach Heuple should have kicked the FG earlier then called a Gase like fucked up defensive time out.

Shit

Mike, those games the bullpen blew before the all-star break caught up with us, it was too much to overcome but they made it exciting and made September fun.

Ken says:
    September 21, 2019 at 11:24 am

Thank you Rock. A little Homeraide will cure everything

No way Ken! That shit is poison! No more Homeraide.

Thank you for the editing Kong. It is appreciated.
    LOL

Damn Ken.

Thanks for all the well wishes from everybody. The worst is over now I am just trying to get home for kickoff . Go Josh Rosen

Ken,

Best wishes to a great guy.

One of the things I like about Rosen is he pushes the ball down the field, he doesn’t live on the short stuff. I don’t mean just deep balls, but 10-20 yard routes and he attacks the middle of the field.

Kinda like a guy named Marino used to do

That’s a tall order but pretty much. Rosen is the youngest QB since Marino to start for the Dolphins. The best case scenario is Rosen is our QB of the present and future.😀

Ken, are you a Rosen fan, I forgot?

Ken/HULK,

Sorry to hear of your setback, GREAT to hear that you’re safely recovering, man. Be safe, stay strong, and may you continue to be a BAD MAN, man. Glad you’re alright.

I’m NEVER the one to buy into HYPE, thus, I’m prone to dethrone premature coronations. But allow me say… Tua Tagovailoa is looking like the real deal to me.

Nevertheless, there’s plenty of season to be played. I will not yet crown him.

I’m saddened this evening, as I had bid farewell to a near and dear colleague and FRIEND earlier. He’s moving back to Pittsburgh, after living here for a decade. He’s the one who went to school with Q-Tip and Phife-Dawg (A Tribe Called Quest). I’m going to miss that cat. 😦

155. ElephantRider says:

LOL @ Ken

Great reply. Keeping the sense of humor is utmost importance

Tim:
    I was a big Rosen fan when he was coming out of college. I was a little disappointed with him last year but I thought he was in a horrible situation last year. He still is but hopefully he has grown and from the little bit I have seen I think he has

• ocalarob says:

I don’t know, that little QB arizona has now doesn’t seem to have a problem with that team.

Much different situation new coach same coach all year so far and system built around his talent

• ocalarob says:

mostly the same personnel, and really the coach has only been there for 2 games.
        I hope Rosen is our future franchise QB but i’m not holding my breath

IT’S GAME DAY BITCHES!

Go Dolphins! 🐬

i hope to see Rosen getting rid of the ball more precise and quicker also better blocking for Rosen, these RBs need to help or at least chip the DE on the way out otherwise i fear Rosen will be running for his life

Hulk trying to make it home for the game

I wonder if X will be matched up with Cooper, we certainly don’t need him running free in our secondary!

HULKSTER: The doctor doesn’t want you to over-do things!! Relax, have a casual walk home, and the Fins will be down by several touchdowns by the end of the game. Focus, instead, on next year’s opening day kick-off. We’ll be home against the Bills. Ex-FAU star Devin Singletary will score a couple of TD’s for Buffalo. But Tua will throw 3 touchdown passes for the Fins and Miami will win 28-24!!!
    ——————————-
    SEE YOU AT THE FEST, you BAD man!

162. bailbondmike says:

I know I have been on the Fromm train for about 1.5 years but his lack of arm strength showed a little last night. What I do like about him is his smarts in reading defenses and quick release. Plus, when he gets in rhythm it’s almost “Drew Brees” like. He is light years from a Brees. Just saying when he gets in rhythm, he puts the defense on their heals and has that killer instinct to keep them on their heals. It’s just that lack of arm strength that gets me.

Props to ND for hanging tough in front of a record UGA crowd.

163. bailbondmike says:

The one who is catching my eye is LSU QB Joe Burrow.

164. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, are you trying to summon BAT with that avi?

I just want to see a marginally competitive game today. If we’re still in this thing in the 3rd quarter, that will be marked improvement in my book. It would be nice to see the defense have another quality game. And hopefully we see some things out of Rosen on the field to get excited about.

Go Dolphins!!

That right there is a terminator pig. Old school terminator, not improbable flowing mercury terminator.

That’s the Oinkinator

Ken says:
    September 22, 2019 at 8:48 am

I want my Homeraide!

I’m telling ya man. That shit is bad for ya. It will give you a swollen epiglottis if ya drink it. It will make you go blind. (Blind to the flaws of your team and it’s players and coaches)

Taco is active today

UCF could have used TACO yesterday. I STILL can’t believe UCF lost to the Pitts!
      SPEAKING of Michigan alum TACO, he’s going to “HEAR IT” from a couple of OHIO STATE linebackers now playing for the Fins!! TACO’s going to have to play better than he ever did at Michigan if he’s going to be a star in the NFL.

How do you think blind homers go blind? It’s from the damn poisonous Homeraide.

MYLES GASKIN. Already looking like a wasted pick???

• bailbondmike says:

Not forgetting about him or Tua. This will be a good QB class. Thinking we should nab DE Chase Young before a QB since there are several QB’s to be taken when we pick again but Tua/Herbert may be gone when that comes. Here’s to Steelers/Texans losing!

Still in hospital won’t get out until tomorrow so will have to watch highlights only

??????????????????????????????????

GO PHINS!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

178. rich0322 says:

It’s game time. Good luck Josh Rosen. Go Phins!!!

As Kid Rock sang 🎸 I Wanna Beat the Cowboys Baby !!!

Nice throw and catch.