Two in a row! Dolphins upset Colts in Indy for 2nd consecutive win

Look, we all see that this team is down on talent, it doesn’t take long to realize that watching this team play week after week. On the other hand there are the little things that teams do that keeps them in games like doing your assignment correctly and if you’ve been watching, you can see we are improving in that area each and every week. Why the 3rd quarter has become a black hole for us I’m not quite sure, but there is no question the guys who are on the field are playing hard, and playing to win. Yes, Jacoby Brisset didn’t suit up yesterday, and yes, that hurt Indy. Close to half our roster (probably more) wouldn’t be starting for the Indianapolis Colts. TY Hilton was also out for Indy and that hurt too. Preston Williams, our leading WR is out for the rest of the season. I also understand our roster holes are self inflicted, but the guys that aren’t here now weren’t part of our team, including the mutinous Minkah Fitzpatrick. I know he’s playing well in Pittsburgh but any guy who asks off our team is dead to me, and I truly hope he regrets going to the Steelers at some point, and I think he will.

You have to give Ryan Fitzpatrick credit. That guy just loves playing football and will do anything to win, sacrificing his body a few times a game. His stats aren’t going to pop off the page, but he’s keeping this team in games with his escapability and his veteran leadership. Fitzpatrick finished 21-33 for 169 yards with 0 TD’s and 1 INT. It was his rushing TD however, that was the only TD scored that day by either teams. The Dolphins defense held the Colts to 4 Adam Vinatieri FG’s. The Dolphins limited the Colts 3 headed rushing attack of Mack, Heims and Wilkins to 109 yards on 29 carries. They also held WR Zach Pascal to just 2 receptions for 26 yards. Pascal had 5 catches for 76 yards and a TD against the Minkah’s last week. I still don’t know all the guys in our secondary, Nik Needham, Eric Rowe, Ryan Lewis, Steven Parker, Chris Lammons, Jomal Wiltz etc. Ken Webster was out this week but it’s amazing that Flores is doing this the Patriots way, guys are just doing their assignments. Much credit must go to HC Brian Flores.

Devante Parker may finally put a 1000 yard season under his belt. Unbelievable, but his his best season resulted in only 744 yards in 2016. He’s at 469 yards after 9, so he will have to finish the 2nd half of the season strong, but the fact that it’s even possible is good news for him and Dolphins fans. Next season with Parker and Preston Williams back healthy there is no urgency to select a WR early in the draft. That’s important because we have great needs on both lines and we should be hitting on those early and often.

We were in a few games earlier this season and we let it slip away. Now, 2 weeks in a row we’re doing the things we have to do to win. One can make light that we beat the NY Jets and that we beat the 5-3 Colts w/o that their starting QB Jacoby Brisset but it doesn’t mean anything. You win with what you got, and winning with what we got is very impressive against anyone. Simple as that!

GO DOLPHINS!!!

#staythecourse

845 Responses to Two in a row! Dolphins upset Colts in Indy for 2nd consecutive win

2. Krishna says:

The coaches are coaching it up, and the players are responding.

Stay the course.

They scored a TD but missed the extra point.

Awesome win yesterday and a fun game to watch. Our Defense is coming together would like to see more pressure and sacks but they are flying around making plays.

Happy Veterans Day and thank you to all of you on here who have served (and there are a bunch of you).

I was rushing to get this article out that I didn’t even realize today was Veteran’s Day.

Thank you for the sacrifices you have made to allow us all to have our freedom here and thank you for your service to our great country!

From now on, any reference to former Dolphins S Minkah Fitzpatrick, he shall now be known as Minkah the Mutinous!

7. ElephantRider says:

#staythecourse

Nice to see wins, especially taking an early lead and keeping it. I cant imagine calling yourself a fan and rooting for losses just to get one kid in the draft.

Here’s some of the QBs taking with the 1 overall recently
    Baker Mayfield
    Jared Goff
    Jameis Winston
    Andrew Luck
    Cam Newton
    Sam Bradford
    Matthew Stafford
    JaMarcus Russell
    Alex Smith

Whoa th best one on that list?
    Stafford or maybe Newton

Minkah the Mutinous and the Faux Fur Coats.

Great game yesterday, i watched it without sound as i was at the winger, WTF went on with pulling Fitz!
    I had seen the head to head contact with NO flag!
    then he goes to the bench for an entire series by the colts, comes back out in a crucial drive and now they want to pull him out of the game and check him! WTF!

were those coaches from Indy? reminds me of the stealers fumbleroosky and gene sterawhatever the fck his name is!

you know whats funny, these jet fans calling for gases head! i love the fact that we stuck it to the stink’n jets, and i’m not talking about just beating them but the fact that we gave them Adam Gase. i was cracking up listening to these guys calling for gases head!

GREAT VIDEO

Fitz is great! the only pick he had was when his arm hit a helmet on his follow thru, he’s great! i doubt any QB in this up coming draft could beat him out.

he moves well in the pocket, we lose that game with tannehill, he would have been sacked 10 times in that game where fitz turns those breakdowns into positive plays.

i dont think qb is a weak position on this team in the upcoming draft, we need pass rushers!

nice sack by baker

bobby mccain playing great at safety and where did we get that guy Parker?

Gesicki lost a fumble but he’s playing great! i’m so glad we took him over Godirt! and devante is playing huge!
    got to see some laird as well!
    seems we’re strating to go in a positive direction.
    i don’t care if brissett was out or hilton that was a…..

BIG WIN AT INDY,

Bears cut RB Mike Davis, he’s a hard runner, capable of getting the tough yards. Might not be a bad kick the tires. I think he’s like 26 so he’d be in line with the kind of chances we have been giving players.

To move from 8 to 2 to get Carson Wentz, Philly once gave up an extra 1, 2, 3 and 4

In 2018, the Jets moved from six to three by yielding three second-round picks

Victory Monday!

LOL wyoming — Flores never read the instructions for the game.

” I still don’t know all the guys in our secondary, Nik Needham, Eric Rowe, Ryan Lewis, Steven Parker, Chris Lammons, Jomal Wiltz etc”

Yeah Mike E — secondary kept making nice plays and I was like “who the F is that.” Nice write.

The Dolphins remaining schedule:
    Buffalo,
    @ Cleveland,
    Philadelphia,
    @ NY Jets,
    @ NY Giants,
    Cincinnati,
    @ New England
    ——————-
    Give up any thought of #1 #1 right now — this team will be in the hunt for five of those games.

And at this point would rather see them play well and win. Team is trying hard and seems we have some coaching, which is the top thing that could have come out of this season.

I’m gonna laugh when this front office and coaches pick John Doe from “whothefuckareyou” State!

That’s some funny shit there!

Lots of interest in where our draft pick will be…… but how about all that FA money? You thinking about signing with this team and does “hey they are picking real high in the first” or “looks like they got something going on there with Coach Flores” matter more to you?

Armando is an idiot. He cannot admit to being wrong and let go of the tanking narrative.

Media invented the tanking and after we win a couple games the theme is we screwed up the tanking. I was really wondering why we went for 2 against the Skins though….. but maybe Flores is just aggressive.

He didn’t think we could get a stop in OT on D!

• pheloniusphish says:

I think he is trying to create a team identity. An attitude. One reason to get rid of the players they did was culture. None of the players they parted ways with brought any extra wins. They were hold overs from a losing culture.

• bookman11 says:

100% agree Phelon, which is exactly why I believe he went for the win against Washington.

This is the MEH we don’t like none of the 3 top QB’s draft!
    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 4: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (A)
    Round 1 Pick 17: Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (B)
    Round 1 Pick 25: Julian Okwara, DE/OLB, Notre Dame (B)
    Round 2 Pick 4: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 2 Pick 30: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 16: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 4: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 21: Patrick Johnson, DE/OLB, Tulane (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 24: AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

Think we are going to lose the next 3
    And this business about where we pick will go away
    That little 3 game stretch of both NY teams and The Bengals might get us 2 more wins
    Probably finish the season with about 4 wins
    And pick 3 or 4

If we pick 3 we can take whomever is left between Burrow/Tua or Chase Young
    It’s not tragedy

People need to stop acting like it is

Cant believe how many people think the point of playing the season is to draft a particular player. That’s ridiculous

• pheloniusphish says:

BUF is vulnerable and playing in MIA. CLE is Sybil. PHL isn’t that good. I think MIA will be in all of those games.

• rich0322 says:

Yea, that sounds about right. I don’t look at the teams we are playing coming up, I look at which QBs we are playing. Jest, Giants, and Bungles are the 3 QB situation that stand out. Even those 3 are better than what Indy put out there yesterday. …a 3rd string QB.

33. Krishna says:

I think it’s hilarious you have to quote a bible verse to make your point in a sports article. Sad, really.

And, it was just a poor article without much insight.

Good write Mike!

Thank you Veterans! On this day we honor you, but you should be honored every day.

I said the media would do exactly what they’re doing before the season started. They created the tank narrative and at 0-7 they were all jolly. Now that we’ve won 2 in a row the narrative is we can’t tank properly. You could see that BS coming from a mile away. I love it! LOL

ocalarob says:
    November 11, 2019 at 10:03 am

Rob, why?

Goedert has 7 TD’s and Gesicki 0 TD’s. Goedert is a much superior blocker and all around TE.
    They both are averaging a little over 10 yards per catch bnut Goedert had contributed much more in 2 years than Gesicki.

I am not picking on you or commenting on your opinion. I’m just asking for your reasoning.

The redskins aren’t selecting a QB in 2020

Probably not but who knows.

I dont think thats enough to say that personally. Maybe they are just trying to see if they should or shouldnt by letting him run with it now that playoffs are out of range.

I would not read this as an endorsement that he will be their QB next year. This is a test as to whether or not they need to draft one next year. I hope he passes the test but I have my doubts

Apparently Tannebaum just endorsed Herbert as the best QB of the draft, so there goes option 3 lol

• pheloniusphish says:

Mr. “I like Mark Sanchez”…

He likes him bc he’s bigger than Tua or Burrow

🙄

What an asshole

Herbert is a good prospect. Probably not a better prospect than Tua but he was considered better than Burrow a month ago, so it’s not crazy to say he’s a good prospect, but don’t rely on “he’s bigger so I like him more than Tua” and sound like an ignorant schmuck

Piggy – I always thought they would give him another year. Especially since he is a Dan Snyder pick. Of course, Snyder is fickle. If Haskins stinks it up, he could find himself on the street.

UHG!! D, can’t you keep some stuff like that secret? Damn, and then there were two. LOL

Ken and D

It would be unusual to draft a QB the following year you drafted one in the first to begin with

But the fact that the team is starting Haskins and isn’t treating Haskins as a bust decreases an unlikely scenario even more

Sure anything can happen – but doesn’t look like the Redskins are giving up on Haskins and it’s November already

Unusual sure, but when you have coaching changes, and GM changes, then anything can happen. “Not my guy” has gotten several players sent packing. Doubt they would cut him but they might trade him if the price was right and they got a shot at a better prospect in the draft.Snyder is all about flashy moves that will put asses in seats, if he had a shot at Tua or Burrow, i just dont see it not happening. I think though if Haskins balls out, they stick with him, but he was pretty damn bad earlier when they gave him a shot at it. They guy had 14 starts in college, one of the main reasons i really didnt like him to us in the draft.

I think even if he has a bad year
        They just drafted him
        It’s would be really unusual to draft a QB the year after you drafted one in the 1st
        It can happen with a new coach
        But when AZ did it, they had to give up Rosen for a 2nd

I think its a test putting him out there. The coaches have continuously said he wasn’t ready, but at this point they have nothing to lose and a lot to gain by seeing what he has.

Yeah Haskins passing the test is a win win, a win in the fact the Skins probably dont think QB early, and Win in the fact that if he does well they probably took themselves out of contention for the top picks.

Grier did OK

He’s been doing pretty good in general
      But people want to believe what they want to believe

All I know is Biegel shows up on game day and makes his presence known.

If you notice how we line up on defense a lot of the time it’s 2 interior DL, two ends Biegel being one of them standing up and the other either standing or hand in the ground. Then Baker and McMillan at ILB but they move around, and 5 DBs. Biegel fits what we do. I also think Charlton is fitting in nicely.

GOT GREAT NEWS TODAY ON 2 FRONTS:
    #1) Mrs. OD had a “truly positive day” for the first time in a few months. Kicked aside her walker (for the most part) and is getting by with a cane. By this time tomorrow she may be swinging at me with that cane!!!! (JK) . She walked out and got the mail today for the first time in many weeks.
    ————
    #2) MY SURGEON told me last week’s test on my lymph nodes came back totally negative. — NO SIGN OF CANCER ANYWHERE!! I’ll need a “check-up” scan in March, then a total body scan sometime next summer. But, for now, I’m in the clear.
    ———–
    A couple of hours later, I visited with my audiologist to discuss my hearing “ISSUES.” Bottom line: in about a week I’ll receive new and improved hearing aids. Hopefully they will offset some continued hearing loss caused by exposure to huge noises from shells at military base I was assigned to when I was in the reserves. This was before EARPLUGS where required.
    ———–
    FINALLY, my boss said I could take ALL of Veteran’s Day off if I wanted to. But I had two hours to kill between Dr’s office visits so I spent those 2 hours at work. I made real progress on one of our major orders during those two hours.
    ———–
    MRS. OD giving the family cook the night off (that’s ME). Going to Chuy’s (pronounced “Chewie’s”), a Tex-Mex chain we first enjoyed during the years we lived in Austin. Then it’s home to watch MNF and FAU at ALABAMA college basketball. Y’all have a great Veterans’ Day.

What a bust

OD
    That’s GREAT news for you and Mrs. OD!

It’s good to hear some good news in this day and age!

OD — great news times two. Most especially about your lucky coin. Was never really worried about you….. why would cancer want to mess with you any more than Ross would. 🙂

YOUNG STANGER: While I was waiting for you at the stadium for the Ravens game, Steve Ross’s vehicle stopped to unload him and his party about 15 yards from me. I had a chance to “UNLOAD” on him, big time, but I just let him walk on by. But a guy standing near me said “Ross REALLY looks old now, doesn’t he?” “That’s what happens to people who spend too many years in New York,” I replied to him.

3: R1P3 QB JOE BURROW LSU
    17: R1P17 OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD ALABAMA
    24: R1P24 CB CJ HENDERSON FLORIDA
    35: R2P3 EDGE TERRELL LEWIS ALABAMA
    62: R2P30 C TYLER BIADASZ WISCONSIN
    67: R3P3 RB TRAVIS ETIENNE CLEMSON
    144: R4P38 S PATRICK NELSON SMU
    160: R5P16 G KEVIN JARVIS MICHIGAN STATE
    172: R5P28 S J.R. REED GEORGIA
    178: R5P34 WR AARON FULLER WASHINGTON
    181: R6P3 LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR. LSU
    199: R6P21 WR JAMES PROCHE SMU
    209: R6P31 FB KIEL POLLARD SOUTH CAROLINA
    238: R7P25 K CONNOR LIMPERT ARKANSAS

I’ll take it all day and twice on Sunday

How about big John Jenkins, that guy is a bull in the middle. Along with Godchaux and Wilkins we’re pretty stout inside. Jenkins has bounced around on 4 different teams the last 4 years after being a 3rd rd pick of CHI in 2013. But he seems like a solid big man to play a role on our DL at only 30 years old. I think we need to add another interior guy as well as Edge players. Also a CB and S because I don’t think Jones will be here next year, and we could use a jolt of talent at corner. Do that and I think we can be a formidable defense.

As for the offense, I think that’s a major work in progress at basically every position. We’ve got some guys to work with and who could be a part of the future, but I think we’ll see a lot of changes in 2020.

TIM: WHO WAS that 6’8″ 400 LB O-Lineman playing for Minnesota??? I wonder if he’s ever carried the football on 4th down and a foot?? –Speaking of “foot,” he reportedly wears size 18 shoes.
      PS: That was the U. of Minnesota, not the Vikings.

Go Seattle

Piggy:
    With a new coaching staff coming in to Washington the Redskins are not wedded to Haskins. If he flashes something then they will keep him otherwise he is Josh Rosen 2.0

KEN: I don’t think Rosen was anything special BEFORE he got beat-up last year playing behind Arizona’s putrid O-Line. Seems to me, though, there’s not much left in Rosen’s career. Only someone as agile as Kylar Murray could do well behind THAT O-Line. IF HERBERT is our top pick we’re absolutely going to have to upgrade our O-Line a LOT!

Herbert is actually pretty mobile he moves well for a big guy and he is built like Rothlesiberger so he can and often does shake off tackles

Did you know? The 1st round pick the Steelers gave us for Minkah leaves them without a 1st round pick for the first time since 1968. It shows how conservative they’ve been for decades and how they’ve approached their roster. Build a franchise foundation and you don’t have to do extreme things.

It also shows how good they think Minkah really is.

The Dolphins have lost an All-Pro defensive back to another team.

Everyone thinks Minkah is a very good player. We didn’t actively trade him, he wanted out. I was psyched when we drafted him. I still think it sucks that it didn’t work out. I said during the draft he’s the type of Safety the Steelers would draft. But I’ve moved on from that. No point not to, it’s done.

All I care about now is which players show something to be part of the future and the 2020 offseason. That’s going to be huge in this team’s future.

Just because someone has a hissy fit and wants to get traded means you have to trade him. I have very mixed emotions about the trade. I understand why they did it but I think we lost a really good player

Agreed! It was more than a hissy fit though. His Mom got involved saying stuff she shouldn’t have. He agreed with her publicly and then asked to be traded. Ross, Grier and Flores all tried to talk him out of it but to no avail. So what else do you do? Do you want to start a rebuild with a disgruntled player who doesn’t want to be here? I wouldn’t!

So you do this and move on.
        “The Miami Dolphins safety was traded to the Pittsburgh Steelers, along with a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 seventh-round pick, in exchange for a first- and fifth-round pick in 2020 and 2021 sixth-round pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport”

OD, a lot of teams have OL issues and with young QBs. Kyler Murray hasn’t been all that and as we all know he’s an extremely mobile QB. The Cards drafted Rosen in 2018 and put a shell of a team around him – a bad OL, no David Johnson and average receiving talent even including Fitzgerald who is not the same guy he was 10 years ago. Rosen is a pocket passer, not a runner. I’m not ready to write Rosen off just yet. We gave him a shot and threw him into the fire and then pulled him back because he wasn’t ready and our offense wasn’t ready. He’s only 22 years old.

OK Mike E
    Is this good enough now?

I think this is the one year get out of jail free card!
    Your not buying in to the team? OK let me see what I can get!

Next year it may still be that way? But the culture in the locker room will be much better without their whinny little pissy girl asses!!!!!!!!!

And the one thing we have all seen. Is that if your a quitter?
    You’ll quit on your new team too!

Wyo, Flores comes from the Belichick tree. It’s a no nonsense culture. Do your job or you’re gone. We’re the 2nd least penalized team in the league. That’s where you start. He can’t even start to build his program without the stupid outside noise from the media and fans. But what I really like about him is he doesn’t care about any of that. He’s going about his business along with his staff in his way, nobody else.

THE ’72 DOLPHINS MIGHT AS WELL START POPPING THE CHAMPAGNE CORKS RIGHT NOW!! – – NO WAY Seattle is going to let an 11-point lead get away from them in the 4th quarter. The Niners are as good as dead right now in their quest for The Perfect Season!!
    ———————————-
    100 NFL SEASONS.
    ONE PERFECT SEASON!!!
    THE 1972 DOLPHINS ARE THE GREATEST NFL TEAM OF ALL TIME!
    ———————————
    AND it appears the next CBA may include 17 regular season games (and just 3 preseason games). IF this happens, it will take one more game to complete THE SECOND PERFECT SEASON!! –not GOING TO HAPPEN IN MY LIFETIME.

63. ElephantRider says:

Ramsey poo pooed his way out of Jville….

Woohoo!! Perfect fucking football weekend!!!

🍾

🍾🍾🍾

The 72 Dolphins popping champaign can commence. 🙂

COPY AND PASTE
    BUFFALO AT MIAMI
    ROB 24-19 MIA

All you have to do is look at the guys we have playing in the secondary now that are doing their jobs, and doing it well. Why wouldn’t Minkah the Mutinous want to be a part of this? Who the fuck cares! Fuck him! Selfish bastard! He could have been a leader on this defense when it really got good, but he wanted greener pastures, NOW!

COPY AND PASTE
    BUFFALO AT MIAMI
    ROB 24-19 MIA
    OD 20-16 BUF

QUESTION FOR MF-13 AND ALL YOU DRAFTNIKS:
    IF BURROW, TUA AND HERBERT ARE 1-2-3 IN THE QB RATINGS, WHICH QB’s COMING OUT ARE 4-5-6 ????? IF we are on the cusp of a Dolphins’ winning streak, this information becomes more relevant.

This is a quote from the USA today:

“The Miami Dolphins made a bold change of directions this past February when they decided to hire former New England Patriots head coach Brian Flores to serve as the next head coach of the Dolphins.”

Sloppy sloppy sloppy is no one proof reading over there? SMH

Phelon – Did you buy a bottle of Pappy or did someone have it? Just curious because I thought that stuff is crazy expensive, like a few hundred dollars a bottle.

COPY AND PASTE
    BUFFALO AT MIAMI
    ROB 24-19 MIA
    OD 20-16 BUF
    🐷 3-2 MIA

Pappy Van Winkle Aged 25 Years 750ml
    $24,499.99
    I would normally say Damn! but I think this deserves a FUCK!

If you can choke down “Only 12 year aged”

Pappy Van Winkle 12 Year Old Bourbon 750ml
    $1299.99

Ridiculous price for a 12 year. I know its good stuff but again, thats throwing money away for not a lot of quality difference. Also you need to key on bourbon. 12 year isn’t close to the best age for a scotch, but for a bourbon that is a very old bourbon.

olddolphan says:
    November 12, 2019 at 8:03 am

QUESTION FOR MF-13 AND ALL YOU DRAFTNIKS:
    ——————————
    IMO
    Fromm, Eason and Love. Fromm would be the most NFL ready, but the least exciting, an Alex Smith kind of player. Eason has high end potential but gotta be developed right, think of him like Josh Allen, Love is even more a work in progress, but again, high end potential, think Matt Moore (which to me isnt a slight) with Matt Ryan potential.

I just found it piggy. Rift between he and Arians, said he lacked “hustle” which is hard for me to believe that guy was Mr hustle at UF.

I mean so fsr this year, hasnt been great but its far from enough to cut a guy. So definately has to be a rift with the coach.

“The 24-year-old defensive back made nine starts for the Bucs this season, registering 39 tackles, four passes defended and one interception, which was returned for a touchdown.”

Hargreaves got benched in the 3rd quarter Sunday for “Lack of Hustle” and today he get’s cut. WOW, Arians is not messing around.

The 24-year-old corner didn’t fight the assessment.

“If that’s what coach saw, that’s what he saw,” Hargreaves said. “There’s no arguing it. I need to hustle, point-blank, end of discussion. And I’ll get better. I’m sure I’ll talk with him this week and we’ll get things straightened out, and we’ll see where to go from here.”

I guess the talk didn’t go well!

I kind of think Eason and Love might stay in school
    Just a hunch
    Fromm is 4 regardless

5 gets a little messier

I also don’t think we are on the cusp of a winning streak

I usually agree with Wingfield, but I have to say NO! to this one.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 4: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 22: CJ Henderson, CB, Florida (A-)
    Round 1 Pick 26: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 4: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 2 Pick 27: Calvin Throckmorton, OT, Oregon (A)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Curtis Weaver, OLB/DE, Boise State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 21: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 4: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 21: Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 23: Steve Nielsen, OT, Eastern Michigan (A+)

To Expound on what Rock said

“He didn’t look like he was hustling to go in for a tackle,” Arians said when asked about Hargreaves, who surrendered a 55-yard catch to Andy Isabella at the beginning of the third quarter against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. “He was chasing somebody across the field, and he wasn’t running fast enough.”

Hargreaves wasn’t defiant when approached by ESPN after the game and said he believed things could be resolved.

We should definitely take a flier on Hargreaves!
    What have we got to lose?

If he worked out he’d look really good paired with X next year!
    If not? Throw him back on the UDFA pile!

Maybe one of the problems with a couple wins is we won’t get the chance. Same time they just cut him with that rook contract instead of benching him. They’d had enough.

Mike E — I actually think Minkah the Mutinous could have thrived in this new scheme. But sounds like his Mom had other thoughts. Maybe she’s Vontae’s grandma’s 3rd cousin or something.

Did anyone really think the Niners could run out the season? Thought a chance the Pats could though . But once they lost was only a matter of time.

93. TryPod says:

Live in Louisville, have good access to bourbon. Had 3 shots of pappy 20 about 5 years ago. It is very smooth. Without trying to insult any of you afficianodos, it reminds me of a high-end, non-peated scotch (not that I have had that many shots of high end scotch!) I liked it a lot, probably the most I’ve ever enjoyed a bourbon. I like it and Elmer T Lee.

Not an aficionado, just a guy who likes it. I probably couldn’t tell one brand from another to be honest, even though I’ve had some I liked and some I didn’t.

The 15 year reserve of Pappy is about $1600 a bottle
    So it better be good

Does anyone here feel Minkah the Mutinous was right, or is anyone here sympathetic with him? Anyone still a fan?

Mike – I don’t have any bottles of Pappy, but I have a buddy who has been collecting for years and he has several bottles of the 21. We occasionally break it out Really good stuff, but not worth what people pay for it. Those crazy prices y’all are quoting are probably secondary market. Here in Virginia, you can only get it through lottery (one starting tomorrow). A bottle of 12 sells for $69 I think. The 21 is several hundred a bottle.

No to Newton. He’s done.

Like i was saying, Hargreaves got in the doghouse, he is on the last year of his rookie contract meaning they just made the decision to part ways early. I still think you could bring him in, and now with being cut you have leverage on re-signing him. You play him, see what he has, you find a gem or you find a rock and ya toss it out. There is no losing there.

• pheloniusphish says:

As I read it they picked up his option year for next season. So if he gets hurt your on the hook for $9-ish Mil. Not that should stop them from looking.

Mike E
    I don’t see at as having to be “right” or “wrong”

It could have been an adult conversation?

Hey coach I’m not entirely happy with this scheme, and the rebuilding plan is not making me happy either.

OK, we got what we need to trade you if that’s still what you want?

Ya coach go ahead and make the trade please.

Civil and professional?

That’s how it would have happened in Mayberry! 😉

Wyo – You’re being awfully kind or lenient calling it an “adult conversation”. I just see it as extremely selfish and completely w/o disregard for any of your teammates,coaches etc. There is a right and wrong, and I can’t see it any other way but wrong. Things are so fluid in the NFL things change. Look at Eric Rowe now playing safety, same for McCain. He never gave us a shot.

I don’t think a minkah was “mutinous”

I just think this wasn’t the place for him. It doesn’t bother me that an athlete speaks out about how he is used.

I think professionals can agree to part ways.

I also think the a dolphins revived good value and had no choice but to trade him.

I also don’t really understand the nature of his objection, since it seems ideal to be used like he was used in our D – but that’s his choice

I’m sure every time he does something people will let us know he received an int or whatever. I have a much bigger problem with some of our fans who seem to want to make everyone as miserable as they are than I do with Minkah or the front office.

If anyone is a problem in my eyes, it’s not the adults in the room who agreed to part ways – it’s the people who insist on making drama out of it

I wouldn’t call myself a whiskey or bourbon aficionado, but I would say I have enough experience and know-how to confidently say I can DEFINITELY tell the difference between the two if you give me a shot of really good bourbon and a shot of tequila.

Does throwing up from the smell of Jack Daniels make you a Conniesewer?

104. ElephantRider says:

Mike E

Fuck Minkah.

• ElephantRider says:

So sorry you have to work and fight thru adversity.

• ElephantRider says:

And as far as everyone saying how dumb Fins are trading this already hall of famer…..give me a break.
        Flores is building a culture here. I’m all aboard the Flo-train

We’ve won 2 in a row and #1 ain’t happening.
    Texans have won two straight and top the division at 6 -3.
    Steelers riding 4 in a row and at 5-4 in the WC hunt.
    Been a tough few weeks for those three first round picks.

• ElephantRider says:

And that’s ok. Still 3 picks in the 1st.

Flores doesn’t care and neither do I.

GO FINS

Flores might not care at all where our pick falls….. but I’ll bet you he follows how the Texans and Steelers do.

It’s more important to establish a culture, if the season ending yesterday we’d be sitting pretty for the draft and FA, but unfortunately we have a few more games to play.

After the first 2 weeks we about had a disastrous mutiny. Losing solves nothing.

And the NFL gods have smiled on us! 😉

We could have a Newton / Kaepernick QB tandem for next year!

I try to look at things outside the sport or fandom. For example, if in a civilian business a person got hired on, spent a year plus at a job and then decided they wanted to go to a different company. The employee lets you know the complaints they have for their current position and you decide that there is just a divide in what you want and what they want, you would likely be ok with them leaving, because a disgruntled employee is a bad employee and potentially a moral killer. In this scenario other companies were willing to part with resources to get them, resources that put you at the head of the line for hiring a replacement. Also int his scenario we are looking at a job pool of millenials who are doing this daily, so those you hire in replacement may very well feel the same way.

In the world of business, this was a scenario that was handled respectfully, and it didn’t leave one of the other left empty-handed. Why do i equate it to a business? Because thats what it is, just like any other, it only feels like there should be loyalties that being a teammate should garner. Im just saying you might feel like this was abandonment, but thats because he was a player you got invested in, he was a guy who you hoped would be part of the franchise for a while, but if this was in some ofhte business, you wouldn’t feel the same way because you accept this happens. The NFL in this day, is a business, its rare to find players anymore that treat it with passion and wouldnt care if they made rent money to play.

I agree with your principals and your beliefs. In my day i sacrificed to play that game, injuries, time, etc, but this isn’t the same time period, this isn’t the same level of play, this isnt about fun and passion, its about a career, and making the most money you can before you cant play anymore, so i kinda get their side of things, even if i cant see their way.

Does it affect you option to know that “fucks offs” were exchanged as Minkah was leaving the building

No, there are fuck offs exchanged when people leave one business for another too lol.

Piggy, you really only need to watch the Auburn game to see the tale of two QB’s with Herbert. I have watched him a couple of times in scouting, the Auburn game i was particularly watching him and thats what i see. He looks amazing on some throws, specifically with the pocket is clean, and then when he get pressured, he really rushes things and makes poor decisions.

Tim, yes Qb’s do worse under pressure, but he seems to more come unglued under pressure. The drop off between a Qb pressured and non pressured isnt as significant as his is. Dont get me wrong, if a coach can just get him to calm down, treat every play like a new one and anticipate pressure before feeling it and freaking out, then he is going to be a really good QB, i just think that there is two ways it can go, one mean we wind up with a franchise guy, the other means we end up with a bust. Thats for the coaches and scout to determine what they think the more likely ourcome will be, but he for sure has mental breakdown issues when he feels pressure.

Is Garo’s number even available?

Wouldn’t that be some shit if we got Cam?
    All you fuckers would lose your shit while I’m out buying a jersey! Lol

Told you somebody would be happy with the Fruity Newty! 😉

When he’s going all Superman in our throw back end zones you know with the diamond pattern you’ll be be going just as ape shit as me or Cav whatever.
      I honestly don’t see it happening as sad as that is

Cam thrived when Mike Shula was his OC. The concept of the offense would be similar to what Rock is running (can’t think of his name but he looks like Rockphin, only skinny)

Whenever I try to do a custom Cam jersey they shorten it to Newt

So they made it impossible for me to buy his jersey

looks like he is a Dolphin now

And so it begins! SMH

114. bailbondmike says:

Would be nice to see Bengals sign Krapperdick

Going to be horrible next year when Herbert’s our QB

Don’t know how we are going to enjoy watching a cannon for an arm, a 12 to 1 TD/int ratio or 70% completion %

Better start losing some can draft one particular player 🙄

I mean he’s got all day to throw
      And I don’t know what kind of defense they play in the pac 10
      But you can’t fault him for that

Look at him use the deep middle of the field
      Look at his arm strength – that’s a cannon

Wasn’t he the big name a year ago?

Yeah.
        If he came out last year, he would have probably been #1 overall…well maybe not bc he Cardinals loved their guy…but yeah he was the top QB

And he’s having a better year this year

Tua should be ranked higher
        And Burrow came out of nowhere and deserves the hype

But the fact that people are acting like Herbert is chopped liver now is beyond me

SON: Thanks for the education on QB’s 4-7. Gotta say I’m NOT a big fan of FROMM. But I AM a fan of taking at least TWO QB’s in the upcoming draft. ONE with the first pick (especially if we can get one of the “Top 3,” and another in round 4 or 5. If Trask lasts that long (which I seriously doubt) he’d sure be worth a shot. Hell, there’s already some small chatter in Boca Raton that FAU QB Robison might get taken in the last round of the draft. Somewhere out there is a QB from a lesser known program who can start in the NFL. THIS TIME I’d sure like to beat New England to that guy.
    ————
    Speaking of “A lesser known program,” did any of you watch Evansville walk into Rupp Arena and defeat the #1 ranked Kentucky Wildcats a few minutes ago??? That’s one of the things I LOVE about college basketball. On any given night a basketball Goliath can be slain by a David who is prepared AND FOCUSSED!!
    ———–
    BTW, by “beating New England to that guy,” I was NOT thinking of Tom boy. I was thinking of Jimmy Garaopolo, who played at a lesser known program know as Eastern Illinois, I believe. And didn’t Tony Romo play for one of the “Illinois Directional” schools? We need to do a better job of scouting kids from these kind of programs.

3: R1P3
    210: R6P32
    DL DAVON HAMILTON
    OHIO STATE
    236: R7P23
    WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR.
    USC

Herbert’s problem is he doesn’t do well when pressured. Almost 80 percent passer, pinpoint precision, and when pressure like 30% passer and some of the worst throws imaginable. Problem is, even behind the best OL, in the NFL he is going to be pressured routinely. That is only thing that bothers me about him

I don’t really know that I agree with that assessment
      I’ve heard it before
      But he basically doesn’t get pressured at all at Oregon
      What he doing wrong when he’s pressured?
      He has 2 interceptions this year and he’s completing 70% of his passes

That’s true all QBs in the NFL face pressure just some more than others. But I don’t think many QBs do well under pressure. Not talking about against the expected blitz, but pressure. Sub par O-lines are rampant in the NFL.

There are plenty of takes like this around

And frankly I think they are bullshit
    What’s inconsistent?

Underwhelming my ass

Yeah he’s not going to throw for 4000 yards and beat up on New Mexico State 64-3

But he’s thrown 24 TDs and just 2 interceptions and has the Oregon Ducks at 8-1 with a shot to make the playoffs

• rich0322 says:

I honestly hope somehow Cincy falls in love with Herbert. As for me, I really only see this as a 2 QB draft. I think there are a couple more, including Herbert that could be good starters in the nfl, just not franchise QBs imo. If Miami does picks Herbert, I really hope I’m wrong.

And yes, I have taped and watched nearly all the Oregon games this year, along with Washington, and one of my favorite college teams in Stanford.

Piggy – Minkah the Mutinous was every bit mutinous. What if more players decide they don’t like the way they’re being used? It’s a not a free enterprise system, they play with contracts and get paid handsomely to do so. Their time to do what he did is called free agency! Fuck him and fuck you for defending him! Piggy the Protector!

122. TryPod says:

Choice between Scam Newton, Manti Tu’a and Kapersniff? Wow…

Young players at all positions should be better players in a few years even in the NFL because that’s how life works. I don’t think strictly looking at college production is a good barometer to evaluate QBs. I think it’s about upside with skill set, size and athleticism, and the desire to compete.

The college game is so skewed in competition. 75-3 games is not a sport. It’s a mismatch. You have schools who are loaded with future NFL players playing against future engineers, law enforcement, military etc. That’s what the scouts’ jobs are. What is their upside and what is their downfall? Then you make a decision and hope he’s the guy.

Look who doesn’t like Hebert

I would prefer a big, pocket QB who has some mobility and a big arm over a guy you have to build around.

Be solid up front on both sides of the ball and you can be in the mix. Yes the big time QB matters but they are nothing without a good team. We watched it with Marino. It’s not all about the QB though some think it is. I’m 50/50. You need both.

Nice draft Piggy.. my opinion, based on names I recognize and positions of need .. saw Dillon a little couple weeks ago, he’s fast for a Big MoFo.

A little early to talk draft.
    You build a winning culture by winning games, NOT by getting the number 1 overall draft pick!

GO FINS

I need RB production this week or I’m probably toast in my FF league. I have Le’Veon Bell, Phillip Lindsay, Kareem Hunt, and Kalen Ballage. Which two do you guys like this week?

So earlier this year I said that Burrow would have to win me over after last years MEH performance.

Well good for you young man!
    You changed my opinion!

Andy Reid = Don Shula – both have the best QB of their time, always competitive, but can’t get over the top because they cannot put together a complete team.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 4: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A)
    Round 1 Pick 22: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 26: Julian Okwara, DE/OLB, Notre Dame (B)
    Round 2 Pick 4: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 2 Pick 27: Trey Smith, OT/OG, Tennessee (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Brad Stewart, FS/SS, Florida (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 21: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 4: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 21: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 23: AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

Disappointing!

D says:
    November 13, 2019 at 10:04 am

Id also liek to point out that this statement is significantly different from saying i dont believe we should consider him in the draft, its just like every prospect, there are flaws there, his are concerning to me because several prospects have failed to get past that same issue. Some have, so again, you figure out which you think he is and make the call.

Want to hear a few other criticism about other prospects just to make you feel better about me criticizing Herbert?

Tua is somewhat fragile and his style play opens himself up for contact. Bad combination. He is tough and a gamer, but hurt in college is killed in the NFL lol.

Burrow has one year of success, last year he was erratic, not really that accurate, nd in the same system, really inconsistent. Maybe this is a sign of him growing as a passer, or maybe this year he just has more talent around him and his success is a sign of that instead.

Fromm is a very good game manager, but his dynamic ability is limited. I think he could be a good system QB, and our system might be one he could excel in, but he isnt a Marino, or anything close.

Jacob Eason could be one of the more exciting prospects but he is extremely raw. I also think personally he has personality issues since twice he bailed on teams because he was going to have to compete for the position and not be named the starter straight up.

Just saying, its not that im poopoing on your prospect, im just stating what i see. Same for all the rest of them.

Hope Van Ginkel can play this year! Hopefully he gets through practices and progresses! He may provide some additional disruption/pressure at the LOS.

Dolphins sending representative to Kaepernick work out

November 13, 2019 at 8:07 am
    ___________________________________________

Laird! don’t pick a damn Jet!

I like Laird, not sure if he’s in the plan yet. I’d like to see more of him. They sure are giving Ballage every chance, he got 24 touches last week, 20 carries, 4 passes. Didn’t do much with it though.

• ocalarob says:

he seems too upright, i like walton, smaller very strong and seems to make great cuts at the LOS, cant wait to see laird get some time as well.

i would like to see us stay status quo at QB and draft Jalen Hurts

Mike E , if Bell is healthy I’d go with Him and Lindsay… don’t trust Hunts carries yet

Well now!

wyoming85 says:
    November 13, 2019 at 9:50 am
    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 4: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A)
    Round 1 Pick 22: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 26: Julian Okwara, DE/OLB, Notre Dame (B)
    Round 2 Pick 4: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 2 Pick 27: Trey Smith, OT/OG, Tennessee (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 4: Brad Stewart, FS/SS, Florida (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 21: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 4: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 21: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 23: AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

********

I love this draft
    I was actually trying to do one myself similar to this with Herbert a couple OL and a pass rusher

You got some of my favorites

Okwara doesn’t get a lot of attention, but after Chase Young, he may be the pass pas rusher
    I also like jabari Zuniga a lot which I think is a nice player to fall back in if we can’t get an Okwura

If I had hair, I would be pulling it out at the number of twitter accounts ready to jump off a cliff that we may not get the first overall

The reality is Herbert, those two OL, Okwura and the RB are impact players
    The chance to get so many impact players in one draft is sow
    Thing only the Dolphins have

People who fell in love with one player before the season started deserved to be disappointed

ocalarob says:
    November 13, 2019 at 2:16 pm
    Not true, Shula did get over the top, he went to 6 superbowls and won 2, what has andy reid done?
    ?////////////////
    Shula went to one Super Bowl with Marino, lost it and never made it back. He never put a complete team on the field during the Marino years, just like Reid is doing with Mahoney.

I didn’t know it was a broke rib?
    Maybe I’ll cut him a little slack?

I thought the same thing when I read this. I’m not sure how I didn’t know he had a broken rib.

Didn’t hit the board at least and I’d been wondering. Maybe Flores learned about disclosing injuries from some evil genius.

Oh, is this new to everyone? Yeah, I wonder how they get away with not disclosing the extent of the injury.

Like that Van Ginkel is back at practice. Hope we get to see him play. After having seen a bit of the new D scheme making sense why we drafted him. Didn’t at least to me at the time.

Hey Wyo, looks like the Stros have been getting tips from Belicheat. Stealing signs has always been part of baseball, but using a camera and relaying the info to the batter….

The injury for Reshad for the last few weeks was listed as OUT chest. I guess ribs would are in the chest, so . . .

But chest can just be cartilage tears in the ribs. Ever had that? Painful as anything if turn the wrong way, but you feel OK if don’t. Also not that severe other than that pain.

Could be a bruised sternum or pulled pec, or a fingernail got caught on and tore one of his nipples.

I kinda thought he was being ‘injured’ wink,wink, so i was thinking the nipple thing the likeliest of the 3. Glad to know he was actually injured…

I guess it wasn’t just us!

Adam Beasley
    @AdamHBeasley
    4m
    Reshad Jones’ mystery injury revealed, with an encouraging update on Week 11 status

Kong – Could have been NO heart too, so broken ribs are better I guess

Surprised he made it that far up the list. Thought if the early teams passed would either be no team or the Pats.

Yeah i feel we should have put in a claim, since we really dont have any reason not to lol. Oh well.

In some ways it does kind of make some sense though, those teams pretty much not expecting to make the playoffs have no reason to pick up a guy who is more a chance to be a liability (ie get hurt and be stuck with the 5th year option) than a help as far as depth for a playoff run.

Im sure that played in their decision to cut him too. Cut him before an injury put them stuck with him at 9mil.

ocalarob says:
    November 13, 2019 at 2:06 pm

————————————————
    Ballage does the opposite of what a man of his size should when he hits the line, he gets upright instead of leaning in and pretty much hitting the hole with acceleration. Walton did it better than Ballage, but i dont really think Walton was all that either. We can do better than either of them, i dont think our starting RB is on this roster.

It would be funny if it weren’t true!

One more to go!

I am wondering if there might be a huston astro’s fan site somewhere?

Looking forward to seeing Van Ginkel play. His skill set fits with how our defense plays. He could be another Biegel.

Add a top level edge pass rusher in FA and/or the draft and now you have more talent and depth to keep disrupting the backfield. I think that’s a priority in the building.

If you can slow down a high-powered offense you can win close games when your offense is still a work in progress. Building a high level defense first keeps you in games.

163. TryPod says:

Too much activity here tonight. It’s exhausting.

On Defense we need a guy at each level except possibly Linebacker. Van Ginkle might round out a nice unit.
    Need a pass rusher bad
    another big boy inside to rotate
    need a corner and we might just be developing some really decent depth with some of the guys already here
    A Safety – ball hawk – playmaker

Agreed. I’ve been saying the same thing the last few days. The system has started to become more cohesive. Add some key players in the offseason and we could have a badass defense.

But no Fig Newton!

Piggy,

Herbert has grown on me but I still feel he’s the 3rd best QB this year. and I don’t think it’s super close either. Like a 95, 94, and then a 86-87. He was terrible last year but has improved a lot(like he’s supposed to). I’d much rather win than get the top pick so whoever we get is fine by me.

I also agree about our probable upcoming losing streak. We faced a good team with their lowest rung backup QB. Most of the teams we will play will be better than we saw and it was very close this past week. I like the progress but we still have a massive talent deficit. I think we end up 4-12, with pick #4 and Herbert as you and others have mentioned. Not too damn shabby. The other picks are what I’m really looking forward to. I’m really hoping we get a guy like Biadasz(or two).

I think 4 or 5 wins makes sense

Herbert is for real
      I would be estatic if we draft him and surround him with OL talent and a running back who can help him early in his career

167. rich0322 says:

I know it won’t be a popular opinion, but if we are sitting at #4 in the draft I have no problem if we decided to trade up to #2 to get one of the top 2 QBs. You don’t get this opportunity very often, so I would take the chance. It may be the price you have to pay with so many teams sucking this year.

• New Age says:

I wouldn’t mind either. So far, this rebuild seems different but I’m usually on board with most early picks so if they think Tua is that good, i’m fine with using some capital. What do you think would be the cost?

• rich0322 says:

Oh boy, I don’t know if I should say. Lol

If picking 4th, our 4th overall, 1st round pick 2020 and probably a 2nd round pick too.

Or

And I say say this reluctantly, our 4th overall this year and X. Howard. He’s the only blue chip anyone would trade for that’s worth multiple picks.

i want all out picks…lol…I’m greedy

It’s too early for what should we do in the draft. We have 7 games left to develop players, then look at FA and then the draft. We’re the king of resources in 2020.

FA:
    Edge
    G/T
    DB

Draft:
    1a. QB/Edge
    1b. QB/Edge
    1c. C/G
    2a. DB
    2b. G/T

Improve the OL and defense and things get better. 🙂

Oh yeah and add a QB! 😉

Wyo – Both the Astros and the Mets had ROY and Cy Young winners but neither team won the WS. The Mets didn’t even make the post season. Strange . . .

What’s strange is you saying it’s strange 🤔 if that’s all it took to win the WS, then every team would be paying big bucks to have those 2 on their team.

rgs – I want to keep all my picks, I don’t want to trade up to get a QB. Are you that convinced that Tua and Burrow are head and shoulders better than the rest. I think we could get someone else while still addressing all of the other needs and be better off.

It’s not too early to talk draft. It doesn’t matter what we do in fa, we will still need to to draft the same spots after that happens.

Rock
    I’m surprised you were able to catch that with the solid hours of nonstop posting yesterday! 😉

Steve – That’s a lot to have a Cy Young winner and a rookie of the year, especially considering the years that Alonso and deGrom had. Alonso had 53 HR’s and 120 RBI’s, and the Mets just continue to struggle to win when deGrom pitches near a 2 run ERA. It’s mind boggling. The Mets record in deGrom’s starts is ridiculous. Again he had a WHIP under 1.

Dodgers had the same problem with run support in the past when Kershaw was great, part of the reason is when these great pitchers are pitching the ump widens the strike zone, so both teams have trouble hitting.

OH somebody pissed him off at the end!

We’re all Baker Mayfield and Jarvis Landry fans today. or least tonight.

Coach Flo to Safid

Perfect movie reference — makes me want to watch the flick again. Does seem a little early for Flores to get combative at 2- 7, but nice to see the fire too.

Here you go Mike E

Steve – I had already made the decision, I have Hunt going tonight, and then I’ll see between Bell and Lindsay for the 2nd RB spot and I may use all 3 using one as a FLEX. Bell is so down this year and Lindsay has a rough matchup against Minny.

Thanks Wyo – I kinda agree that Hunt will get some chances tonight, give Chubb a bit of a break, he’s main the main guy and will continue to be but Hunt can give him an easier load, especially if they can make the [playoffs, you want Chubb to have something left in the tank.

Tim – for me, it’s either Hunt or DeVante Parker against BUF. or Phillip Lindsay against MIN. I decided to go with Hunt, and I’ll see what’s up with Bell as he’s questionable but likely to play, and he hasn’t gotten it going this year

Cam Newton : Who the fuck this crazy ass white boy keep begging me to play for the Dolphins? Cracka be crazy!

Hopefully Sanders big game against Indy got him over the yips or whatever was happening. He looked like his old 2018 self last week.

It’s been a bad year for kickers across the league.

MIke E — maybe it is not playing behind that real good Steelers line, but Bell doesn’t have the quick switch to high gear had before. Could also be psychological rather than physical. He’s proved he is a head case.

I think a lot of what made Bell so good was so many dump offs after Ben extended the play and then have the defense was chasing Ben or just trying to bring him down and Ben would find Bell wide open and he’d have room to run. It’s also what made AB so good, it’s hard to stay with a guy for 5 or more seconds when the QB is keeping the play alive. The Jets O-line is also a train wreck this year, especially after Osemele got hurt.

I agree with Stanger that Bell doesn’t look as quick. Not sure if it’s an injury but I don’t think he’s looked right all season. I don’t think it’s just the Jets OL. Even when he has a hole he doesn’t explode through it.

Yeah, they have been saying that on WFAN for a couple of weeks. It’s possible, although you would think after a year off he’d been even more explosive and have fresher legs.

• dbolt48 says:

I think Bell doesn’t look quite as quick for 3 reasons:

1. Age
        2. No longer has the Pitt O to keep D’s honest nor the OL yo allow him to wait forever to pick and choose where to run.
        3. Last but not least he took multiple off seasons for granted trying to get big money versus putting in the normal training. At some point if you’re not maintaining and pushing harder each camp w/ age you don’t magically get it back.

dbolt, I think reason 3 is a big part of it.

Dbolt – Yeah, that makes sense. He definitely could have been taking it easy and taking things for granted.

• dbolt48 says:

Playing with his pecker while getting robbed by strippers lends credence to not taking shit seriously. Athletes are naturally arrogant and many don’t realize their own frailty in the big picture.

The audio of the 9-1-1 call from Bell to the police dispatcher was fucking hilarious! Did you ever hear it?

Bell is still only 27. Might be with fat contract in hand he ain’t training as hard though. Remember the will he report or will he not with the Steelers last season. I think he never was gonna cause was way out of football shape. Still let it roll though.

His age doesn’t matter as much as how many touches he’s had in his career. He’s averaged over 24 touches per game in his NFL career and 25 in his college career. That’s where the wear and tear comes from, not his age.

Looks like there won’t be an MVP post!

I noticed the media didn’t report what Drake did last week with 10-35 rush and 6-6 receiving because it didn’t fit the mock Miami narrative. 😉

191. dbolt48 says:

Have to say I’ve enjoyed how Flores and Co has developed this bottom end roster. Exactly what we’ve always wanted to see.

Yes it is!

Exactly right and in a couple of years when we have more talent and we’re winning games they’ll all be changing their narratives about how sometimes you have to change things and start over with a franchise.

Headlines like:
      “Did the Dolphins show the blueprint on how to turn around a franchise?”
      “Dolphins prove patience is a virtue.”
      “Tanking without really tanking works.”

You know it’s coming. LOL

New Age, where the Dolphins are at you can’t really use the Colts didn’t have their QB as an excuse. They were still at home and were winning games by playing good overall sound football. We beat them up front and their OL is considered one of the best in the league featuring Quenton Nelson. We won a close game. It’s the NFL.

We’re going to lose more games for sure. But a team of young players playing for jobs and being well coached is a scary opponent for teams with playoffs on the line. They want a team playing poorly, not a team becoming more cohesive even if not talented enough to go along way. They don’t want to look at the scoreboard with 5 minutes left and see they’re only leading 17-14 with a team like us. 🙂

We played the Bills pretty well in BUF and now we get them at home as a better team. I hope we give them all they can handle and pull it off at the end. This is Buffalo, our division rival. Go Phins!!!!

• New Age says:

I agree with most of this but of course you can use the Colts didn’t have their QB. Ten of our points were directly related to backup QB ints. The first int went from a possible TD for them to a FG for us as well. Hoyer was our best friend last week.

Hey Joe Buck, Miami was not dangling Minkah out there, he wanted out. WTF?

Last week one of the announcers said Christian Wilkens hasn’t really done much. He does the dirty inside work along with Godchaux and Jenkins. The guy has 32 tackles and missed one game when he got ejected early in the BUF game. That’s a lot for an interior DL these days.

OD: Bolts are smoking the Rangers.. hope they get it all outta their system tonight .. pretty sure Jets play them this weekend

Tim…FYI

I’m sure you knew about that it I mention it bc the announcer was dead wrong
    Wilkins is killing it

More and more everyday, I think some of the people around football on tv have to pass a stupidity test to confirm they are uninformed enough

November 14, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Hey Joe Buck, ……The guy has 32 tackles and missed one game when he got ejected early in the BUF game. That’s a lot for an interior DL these days.

Freakin Suh only gave us ave 50-60 in 16 games. 114 Mil

Connor’s shoulder flared up , in locker room may not be back ..,

This fight is great, Pitt and Clev playing us next week will both have suspensions.

Garret May find himself done for the year … he’s been on the edge a lot , but that was over the top nuts… I can’t believe they let Rudolph back in the game , concussion protocol being what it is .. hope this works