Offseason questions linger – What will the Dolphins do?

March 11th, 2021. Spring is rapidly approaching, the weather is warming up, and so are the rumors. It’s too easy, the 2021 Miami Dolphins have a decent amount of cap space available, 9th in the NFL at just over #33M, but we’re also armed with a bunch of enticing draft picks, thanks to the Houston Texans. The Dolphins own picks #3, #18, #36 and #50, 4 picks in top 50 picks. We also have picks #81 (RD 3) and pick #124 (RD 4), and finally #207 (RD 6), 7 picks in all. There is also potential for us to trade back too, but I have no problem with focusing on quality rather than quantity. If there’s a player that can make a huge impact on our roster right now at #3, go get that player. Of course, we may trade this entire draft, Xavien Howard, Jerome Baker and Tua Tagovailoa to acquire the messiah, Deshaun Watson, so there’s that too. It’s just so easy to look at our team as the perfect trading partner for anyone, including the QB that in my mind doesn’t actually get traded. There’s also #1 on our roster who we prioritized with our #5 pick in last year’s draft. This is where we wanted to be, get our QB, and then have the ability to build the roster around that QB.

We definitely have holes to fill, especially with the surprise cut of LB Kyle Van Noy. We’re looking to upgrade and get younger too. I would expect a LB to be drafted by us, not necessarily with our first or even our 2nd, but it’s going to happen. We need a center unless we re-sign Ted Karras or look to FA once again to find one like we did last year. Corey Linsley is available and will cost similarly to re-signing Ted Karras. We may choose to draft a center and Creed Humphrey and Landon Dickerson are the 2 top centers in the draft. We also must upgrade our WR receiver corps and as the pictures I posted show, I would love to bring in former Lions WR Marvin Jones Jr. He’s such a solid, consistent receiver, and right now now we have none. I said it, ZERO. Oh this guy might become that, and this guy if he’s healthy could be that, but they haven’t and they might not. We need one professional receiver that suits up every game and produces and that’s why I like Jones. Jr. That wouldn’t stop us from drafting a stud WR and I believe we will, the more weapons the better.

Our linebacker corps just got thinner due to the release of Van Noy, and we only had thumper Elandon Roberts on a 1 year contract and he was injured very late in the season so he won’t be back. Vince Biegel is also a FA as is Kamu Grugier-Hill, leaving only Jerome Baker, Andrew Van Ginkel, Calvin Munson and Sam Eguaoven as our LB group. We need to find an impact player for that front 7 to pair with Jerome Baker who had his finest season as a Miami Dolphin last season.

We need an upgrade at RB, and rumors are flying that Aaron Jones and the Miami Dolphins are a match. I’m not as enthusiastic about this pairing as some people are. I think Jones was a nice piece in the GB offense, I don’t see him as the workhorse back we may need to lean on. To be fair, he’s a player not too unlike the Saints Alvin Kamara, smooth receiver who can run the ball in spots, but both of these guys aren’t pounders that wear the defense down, they’re more finesse backs. I think we have 2 guys on the roster already like that in Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed. We need a true lead back and Jones is just barely a 1000 rusher and I think we should aim higher and pay less.

We could also use an upgrade at S, but it’s possible that last year’s 3rd RD pick Brandon Jones is given a larger role this year pairing with Eric Rowe, but good ole Bobby McCain looks like he could be facing down the guillotine himself. We can save about $6M if we cut him and I’ve always been a McCain advocate, but last year he had his chance and he didn’t really show an awful lot. With Nik Needham proving adequate in the slot and of course the presence of last year’s first RD pick Noah Igbinoghene, Mac faces some tough odds. What do you think we do???

GO DOLPHINS 2021!!!

1,765 Responses to Offseason questions linger – What will the Dolphins do?

1. CavalierGrodd says:

Stanger,

Did I detect a Bill and Ted reference?

March 16, 2021 at 3:17 pm
    As long as he’s 300 pounds and doesn’t eat pork I’m fine with him
    ————–
    LOL. He played at 340 last year (Porky) and was able to shoot the gaps like a young D. Poe. He’s down to 320 and is going to ROCK.

Quite honestly, Alim McNeill may be one of the secret studs of this Draft. I could some team taking him in the late 1st, and I could also see him slip to day 3.

I think the team that gets him will be absolutely thrilled with his impact.

3. CavalierGrodd says:

Can we sign a projected starter already, so I can get my name back? lol

I want to “circle back” (Jen Psaki reference, LOL, sorry) to what Stanger mentioned yesterday: June cuts. After the FA frenzy is over, we’re going to see some mighty oaks fall… and they will be designated as June 1st cuts.

It’s possible that we’re waiting for a mighty oak to land in FA at a near future time, when everybody else has blown their load (cap space) on tier-1 and tier-2 of FA.

Now allow me to take it one step further, as Stanger was wisely looking to the future yesterday… many studs will still be on the market, up to the beginning of week 3 of the regular season… that’s when all contracts signed are non-guaranteed. That’s when it would make sense to sign a Danielle Hunter (if ultimately released), for example.

Just some food for thought, as we’re ALL impatiently (me too!) awaiting to see what we ultimately end up with via FAs.

March 16, 2021 at 3:39 pm
    M13 wants you to wax his car using the wax on/wax off method.

I can’t do college football talent but man can I do my 80’s movies. 🙂
    ————–
    LOL, and I absolutely LOVE the 80s! “Karate Kid” is one of my faves.

We used to check the listings in the paper and the Q was which one haven’t you seen? But that was back in the days before fire and multiplexes. 🙂

I was born in the mid-70s, so I was acutely aware of the 80s… it was my childhood. SO MANY fond memories of the 80s! Yes, I recall having to check listings in the paper and the like for movies, shows, etc.

I even remember (with my allowance back then) buying the SI issue with Dan Marino and Bernie Kosar (<– the Miami Hurricane) on the cover. I also used to buy Football Digest when I was about 8-9 years old.

I miss those days!

So you are just a decade back from most of the guys on the board. At one point would made you kid, but now just sorta of a somewhat younger man. 🙂

I’ll take “somewhat younger man” for $10,000, Alex! LOL
        The grey is beginning to show in my beard.

Why the heck is this about politics?
    Trump and Melania took the shot.

50% of unvaccinated 2020 Trump voters now say they will “never” get vaccinated.
    8% for Biden voters..

💩🥣💩

Very strange — Hudson asked out of Vegas and offered up money to make it happen… even if Raiders still taking a big cap hit.
    —————————–
    Mark Sanchez @Mark_Sanchez
    2h
    The @Raiders grant Rodney Hudson’s request to be released after agreement to void his $3.5 MM guarantee for this season. Elite center will now be a free agent.

When you celebrate a free agency spending spree

—————–
    The Red Rifle is off the market.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    2m
    The #Jaguars are expected to sign former #Lions WR Marvin Jones, source said, an accomplished, veteran offensive weapon.
    Mike Garafolo Retweeted
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    9m
    The #Bears are expected to sign FA QB Andy Dalton, source said. Their new starter. He gets a 1-year deal worth $10M.

16. CavalierGrodd says:

Gotta think a de facto deal is in place with someone. I’m betting the Panthers

17. CavalierGrodd says:

Got our backup

Settling for less

Woo hoo finally got one of my dogs
    We’re having Brisket tonight
    Welcome to Miami Jacoby

21. CavalierGrodd says:

And Tua will have Tyrod in Houston like he was going to have here
    See what they did

Guess he didn’t want to pay the 5 or 10 percent.
    ———————————-
    “Brissett represented himself in free agency and doesn’t have an agent, allowing Miami to negotiate with him directly before free agency officially begins Wednesday. During the “legal tampering” period, teams can only negotiate with agents unless the players represent themselves.”

LOL, I read about that signing and my first reaction was “Son will be happy, we finally picked up one of his running backs.”

So what is the over / under for the number of games brisket starts next season? LOL

Fitz is the starter in Washington as of right now.

5 Mil for Briskett

Rock, what makes you say Malcolm Brown goes down easy, I think the exact opposite. He had some tough yards against us last year.

See link below. 1.5 Yards after contact falls rather low in the league.

You have know the situation. He’s always been a backup RB and he’s not a razzle dazzle type back, he runs hard as a physical change of pace back. Being that he’s been a backup his entire career you know he plays STs. He’s not a “we got our RB” signing. He’s depth.

Tim, understood.

Were you excited about the Jordan Howard signing last year?

Excited might be too strong a word. I thought it was a solid signing but I think he lost his legs. Howard was a #1 starter for a few years rushing for over 1,000 yards a few times. Brown is a backup. Like I said before, he’s not a “we got our RB” signing. He’s depth.

On a side-note, Twitter just suspended me for merely SUGGESTING that that Cardi-B and her “Wet Ass Pussy” song (WAP) might make her a whore. No, I didn’t call her a whore, I SUGGESTED that it might make her a whore.

I can still repost from Twitter, but I have zero say on my Twitter account for 12 hours. LOL

I’m always tactful with my words, especially on Twitter. But man… #1A is under attack. Can’t even SUGGEST something anymore.

You can act like a whore while performing WAP for a G rated audience but you can’t say she’s acting like a whore or might be a whore for behaving that way. Got it. Yeah, that makes sense.

I think we’re all living in the Twilight Zone these days.

if we’re getting Jacoby Brissett, that;s great however i think that makes it less likely that we will pursue Watson

I don’t really know, but I don’t think Watson is going anywhere. We needed a backup QB regardless. That was a hole because we didn’t have one. 😉

I’ve been saying Watson isn’t going anywhere. I was pretty damn confident he wasn’t coming here

Rock – My first thought when I heard Brissett signed here was Sonny will finally be happy!

I think one of the reasons Miami is slow to pull the trigger is they are looking for 1 year deals to not get hamstrung by the cap in the future.

We’re playing in the 3rd tier level of FA so far. I think we’re going to sign a significant WR and/or edge guy though. The trade for McKinney was the only starter so far.

Oh, I changed back to Kong. Is the game still on? We haven’t signed that first real FA yet?

Buffalo just signed Emanuel Sanders

38. CavalierGrodd says:

Here’s the real news on Tyrod Taylor.

I just watched Brian Billick break it down that Taylor’s skill set fits perfectly behind Watson as a backup. That’s all it is.

Yeah, it was the money being reported at first that made it seem like more. You don’t pay a backup QB 12.5 mil, but it’s an incentive laden contract, so if they do trade Watson, and he starts, he gets paid like it.

They’re paying Deshaun like half their cap and then go and get ANOTHER 12 mill worth of QB. I smell bullshit.

Didn’t you read it Son, his contract base is 5 or 6m that’s all.

What do you smell now?

Grier & Flores have struggled to get an Offensive Coordinator, they keep switching every year, they’ve also struggled to find a bell cow RB. I don’t even want to mention Tua.
    The jury is still out on this FO and they better get on the ball

I’ve been saying his name wrong in my head I kept thinking it was Bendarrick
    That’s sounds kind of cool
    Ben derrick
    ben Derrick
    BEN derrick
    Bendarrick

Only to find out he spells his name wrong lol and it’s

Benardrick

How do you even say that lol

I don’t know some bedknobs and broomstick mother fucker is gonna be our new linebacker

I don’t care what the stats say, I like the Malcolm Brown signing. Saw him play several times, he always ran hard and moved the pile.

I like the Biscuit signing too

Kong, the game can continue but not many people participated. My guy Marvin Jones went to Jax so I really don’t know who we’ll sign now.

Fake news

Cheesehead da Zueira
    @CHdazueira
    Mar 10
    The
    @packers
    have released WR Davante Adams and EDGE Za’darius Smith. Cap casualties. Smith finish his carreer as a packer with 26.0 sacks

Laird could be gone with the Brown signing

Possibly because he’s kind of a tweener RB/Receiver/ST’s guy. He’s not a guy who will be key to our success. But he’s also cheap.

Get Reddick and Golladay and call it a day

That has been on my mind too. Armando has an article that says we’re targeting another Texan but I can’t see the article due to the paywall and I don’t feel like clearing cookies etc. and have to re-sign in on everything right now.

Why does Deshaun need a vet backup?
    They won four games WITH Deshaun if he goes down you don’t need Tyrod you need a rookie making fifteen bucks an hour.
    Deshaun is getting traded.

I wonder if we’re targeting Center Rodney Hudson?

I forgot say it’s kind of a hole. LOL

In all seriousness, it seems Deiter is more of a versatile backup and we don’t currently have a starting center.

Sonny, I guess Watson isn’t coming here either now that Brisket is here

This is the example of 1.5 yards after contact. What about the 5-10 yards running into the teeth of the defense before that? He can get tough yards and wear a defense down late in the game. Gaskin will be in the mix and we’ll see how often Ahmed plays. But I like our RB situation more now than last year. We can still draft a RB.

I really think Flores’ concept is to control the game both clock and scoreboard, and big plays will be the difference in all phases.

What if we did this? If we can’t move people off the ball and protect the QB, I give up. LOL

LT Jackson
    LG Kindley
    C Hudson
    RG Hunt
    RT Sewell

Build the OL for Tua and the running game. We can easily do this unless the Jets take Sewell.

2 months ago I said we should draft Sewell, put him at LT. Move Jackson to RT. Guards would be Kindley and Hunt and draft Linderbaum from Iowa next year. Stop fucking with the plan, man! Lol

Watching the Trey Lance Pro day. He may go 2nd or 3rd. I hope the jets don’t take him.

Detroit, Philadelphia, SF, Denver and Carolina are going to be fighting over him

52. Krishna says:

Awesome. Filled two holes! I like it.

I actually talked about signing Hudson when he was a FA in KC. I think Sewell is a more natural LT from what I’ve seen. Actually, you’d probably play them both at both spots in practice and see what worked best. Either way would be fine, I’d guess.
    ***
    I thought Karras was solid last season…but he just may not want to do another short term deal. I can’t blame him, but I wouldn’t want to sign him to a multi year deal.

I hear ya! Find the best 5 on the OL regardless of who plays where. That would be a badass OL on paper anyway. LOL

We can go into the season with the 3 RBs we now have + the FB/TE we signed.

I think we still draft one, but it doesn’t have to be a 1st now

I like Piggy’s guy Javonte Williams in the 2nd round. I have no problem with a strong RB by committee approach. Your running game doesn’t change if you lose the top dog.

Tua excels at passing off of play-action, RPO with waggles and bootlegs. If we upgrade the OL in a big way, maybe now he can excel with some 7 step drops which is usually a deep pass. I think of the Bengals offense back in the day with Boomer Esiason.

He’s actually DBolts guy (on Twitter) but I think DBolt is right

I like Williams in the 2nd round or Najee Harris at 18 or in the 2nd if he falls to our first pick in the 2nd round

I don’t see the RBs on our roster including recent signings changing our approach at RB

I still think Harris is in play at 18

But that might be a good spot for another position too

Mike, the big difference between us and Houston is that we need a good backup, we’re a playoff contender.

steve,
    I really don’t worry about that too much. Most guys can flop from tackle to tackle. It’s not that often guys simply can’t. It happens but not very often. Plus, it used to be guys struggled to go from RT to LT, not because they couldn’t make the adjustment but because LTs simply had to be better athletes. Things are changing in today’s NFL where you have just as good rushers coming from either side, but for the most part, any guy who’s played LT will be able to switch to RT. He won’t want to, but the money is equaling out too. Like I said, you figure it out in practice. Either guy should do well at either position.

To my way of thinking, picking Sewell improves you at 3 different positions. You get an upgrade at LT, if Sewell is that good. You get an improvement at RT because Jackson should be better than Hunt. You get improvement at one guard spot with Hunt moving inside. All highly subject to debate, of course. Lol
    ***
    Draft a good young stud at Center and your OL is young and potentially pretty sweet. Also, I remember talking about Deiter possibly being a better C in the NFL when he was drafted. Maybe he’s been showing he can do it and do it well in practice and that’s why they haven’t resigned Karras. Who knows?

I don’t know why you guys are talking about Sewell or Watson or what hamster fills what holes

These are fantasies

There is only one truth:

Ja’Marr Chase will be a Miami Dolphin

🐖💨

Piggy,
    Haven’t you heard? Tua sucks, and brisket is starting for us! Lol
    ***
    Seriously though. It’s about where the pressure comes anyway. “Blind side” is becoming less relevant as teams are bringing pressure from everywhere these days. But really…either way we’d have 2 good, young tackles to run with.

Piggy,
    Lol. I’m feeling pretty Zen about this draft. I don’t see how they can screw it up. Lots of ways they can go and improve this team.
    ***
    And you can pick Sewell and still get a really good WR at #18 too. Then draft Williams at the top of the 2nd. See…everything will be alright. 👍

^

I’m expecting 3 wrs in the top 10 and probably kyle pitts off the board by 15 as well

So there is quite a drop off if you wait until 18 to draft a WR

It doesn’t really even out

We have a shot at slater, darrasaw or Vera-tucker at 18 but I’m not sure they will be looking at OT but for Sewell’s talent

Before free agency and currently I still like the below model

1a Ja’Marr Chase
    1b pass rusher or RB (only Harris in the first)
    2a RB (Williams and Etienne are possibilities) or pass rusher
    2b 2nd WR Wallace/St Brown/Marshall. Wallace is emerging as one of my favorites

3 OC or DL
    4 OC or DL

Course if some one offers the game for the e pick I am game

But I do think given the players that will likely be on the board at 18, that might be a better spot for a trade down

I wouldn’t mind having another 2nd or 3rd rounder for a center or DL prospect

Piggy, I’m a big fan of Najee Harris. But if we don’t land him we can still have a good running game without him. I think a badass OL allows our current RB situation to be more productive. No it’s not Christian Okoye or Barry Sanders, but it’s about moving the chains and winning games.

Oh I agree

But I also think it’s often a few plays away from a winning FG, and gifted skill players sometimes get you in that position

As we saw in the Super Bowl, you better give your QB time. The Giants beat “Brady” twice with that. Skill players don’t work if you can’t block the play.

As Krishna says, this team has so many holes they can do anything they like in the draft. They could pick WR, S, OL, RB, DE/LB, OC. Holes everywhere! Lol

Piggy,
    I see lots of people saying there will be 4 QBs taken in the top 10 now. If 3 WRs go in the top 10, 7 out of 10 would be crazy.

i heard Watson was not interested in going to Miami or the Jets, he wants to either go to San Fran or Denver. more rumors but it may be true.

steveccnv says:
    March 16, 2021 at 9:24 pm
    This is the type of guy ORob has been pining for since Ajayi was here
    _____________________________________

you never know if this guy will pan out, sometimes these RBs lose their ability quickly, i certainly liked him in L.A.,
    The thing is, the most important down in football is 1st down, if you can consistently get 4 yrds per carry on 1st down, it’s the difference in being great team vs a losing team because with 2nd and 6 you have a lot of options and the opposing D is at a disadvantage.

D’s know you want to run the ball on 1st down and they emphasize stopping that run on 1st down.

having a guy that can produce like that on 1st down is a big key to winning and will do wonders for Tua’s game if we have to suffer thru that.

• ocalarob says:

I’ve been told here that’s not true, not naming no names….Rock…..”cough…cough”.. this certain poster comes to me with stats showing that the league avg run vs pass on 1st dn is like 50/50, to not have to deal with this argument again you really have to look at the 1st half of run vs pass on 1st down, in the 2nd half when teams get behind they tend to pass more on 1st down which misleads that stat.

the forest thru the trees.

• pheloniusphish says:

As long as the rat bastard doesn’t run for 10 or more yards on 1st down! Then it doesn’t count at all!

• ocalarob says:

The stat of eliminating 10 yard plus runs was to show the effectiveness of a RB that can get the tough yards, I know it’s tough for you to grasp this concept.

10 yrd + do count but doesn’t necessarily equate to what i’m referring too, if you have a guy that gets you 20 yard gains once, twice or 3 times a game but he can’t make the tough yards on first down, sure that guy is flashy, he’s a speedster,

that doesn’t equate to a winning formula, his yrds per carry are misleading. you need consistent gains on 1st down.

i want to know the avg down and distance on 2nd down? if you’re picking up a 1st down on 1st down you cant get the avg down & distance on 2nd down because there is no 2nd down

see Drake, see reggies bush, great spurts but not consistent in getting the tough yards.

it’s just a criteria to show the true picture of a bell cow.

again the forest thru the trees,
        but keep trying.

• ocalarob says:

If you want to have a winning football team you first have to understand the things that will make you a winning team, have manageable down and distance on 2nd down is one of the top things that separate the good teams from the bad teams.

We definitely still need more talent at RB. Brown is OK but he’s no workhorse, he’s a committee RB. It was like getting Breida last season, except Breida was the speedy pass catching back, Brown is a more physical back, but nothing to get too excited about.

• sb7mvp says:

We just signed Jacoby Brissett, what else do you want?

Breida didn’t get PT, because he wasn’t consistent. We’ll see with Brown.

He should help out with short yardage situations too.

Short yardage backs, with 20+ carries on downs < 3 to go, should also have another stat next to their name, called runs on downs w/ 3+ yards to go, to give a more true ypc avg.

While other backs may also have some short yardage carries they also have 3rd and long garbage carries to even it out

Mike how many RBs do we need? will we draft a RB? i like the guy from NC, but i’m not sure drafting a RB that early is in their plans.
    i think they focus more on the defensive side of the ball with the early picks.

69. Krishna says:

I thought the Patriot soending spree was both planned and desperate since Brady left.

Brady proved he can do it without Belichick. Don’t you think Belichick wants to do the same, i e. without Brady.

Belichick’s coaching stats were awful before Brady, as I recall.

70. Krishna says:

Orob, I totally get the 1st down gain is huge in moving the ball downfield, moving the chains. But discounting a first down gain of 10+ between the tackles serves your rhetoric and nothing more.

Typically, one is breaking tackles and finding creases in traffic on 10+ yards up the middle, I would think. I want that in a RB and those stats should count.

Forest through the trees?

• Krishna says:

Afterall, I watched Czonka get 4 yards every time he carried the ball. It was money!

Correct, he got us in 2nd and short a lot, that’s the kind of back ORob is saying he wants, so that we have manageable yards to pick up to get a first down, raising your % of getting the first down.

When you have the 50 yard getter he may be the direct result of getting a td on that drive, but hurting the team the rest of the game.

Why has Brady been so effective? Because he manages the down and distance and is accurate when it’s time to move the chains.

Every down and yard counts, it’s very important to get every yard you can up to the 1st down.

Why do you think he checks down so much? Because he takes the 4 or 5 yards the D is giving him to make the next down more manageable

You missed his point, he said runs of 10+ count, but are thrown out for this stat, because he’s only tracking how many yards to go on 2nd down.

When you throw out the 10+ yard carries it gives you a true stat on 2nd down yards to go.

When you leave 10+ in, it skews the stat by removing the consistency factor. Meaning the guy that runs for 51 yards once a game, then averages 1 yard his next 9 carries, has a 6 ypc average, but never put you in 2nd and short and looks like a great 1st down rusher

• ocalarob says:

I couldn’t have said it better myself

• Krishna says:

Completely disagree! Great minds think alike.

You completely missed my point. Did factor it was a run btween the tackles which seem to be part of the formula. Sweeps shouldn’t count in Orob’s formula. Fine.

The argumenet made as I understand it is having a back that can bruise his way between the tackles and make the rest of 1st down easier. What’s easier after making a 1st down? You get another series.

Twisted logic, imo, if you throw out stats that don’t suit your argument. A first down made between the tackles shoukd count.

• ocalarob says:

just take a look at Drake vs Gore, taking 10+ runs out of his equation resulted in him avg less than 2 yrds per carry, vs gores 4.5 yards per carry.
        so who do you want in there on first down to get you a manageable 2nd down and distance?
        It doesnt matter what type of run it is, over 30 runs on 1st down what is your avg per down and distance on 2nd down? because that stat right there equates to winning football games and that’s the man you want in there on first down, IMO

• ocalarob says:

i’m talking early when the game is in hand, sure you might want to put a Drake type in there on 1st dn late in the game if you’re down.
        on the other hand if i’m up 2 scores late and want to milk the clock i go with Gore.
        in the first half i go with Gore while the game is still close. establish a running game and put my offense in manageable 2nd dn situations.
        so how do i know who the best guy is for what i want to achieve?
        i refer to that adjusted criteria stat to know who the real bell cow out of my RBs

situational football

• ocalarob says:

If i were a coach watching practice i wouldn’t need that stat, i would know just by the sheer power of my guys however me being a fan and watching the likes of drake light up the field with his fantastic runs and all you guys blowing his horn yet for the most part cant get 1 yrd on 1st down.

i want to know if he’s really a good RB for the situations that Gase put him in and he most definitely wasn’t

• Krishna says:

Orob, i think i get your point. Correct me, if I’m wrong. That’s ok.

You want someone who can run between the tackles for 4 yards on 1st down every
        time. I witnessed that with Larry Czonka.
        Great!

Now, you say they if they go 10 yards on first down between the tackles, it doesn’t count. Makes no sense.

And, you and your greater mind conjure 2nd down and short as most important. Twisted logic.

I’ll take a new series every time over 2nd and 5, especially up the middle. You can’t throw out stats to make up your argument.

McKinney contract will be reworked, so that is has a smaller cap hit this year. Likely a 1m salary and a roughly 6m bonus, so that he counts 3m against the cap, instead of 7m

Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) Tweeted:
    A lawsuit alleging sexual assault is being filed against Deshaun Watson, per @FOX26Houston

Watson has released a statement denying the allegations. https://t.co/0v1La101HM https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1372053609488080902?s=20

While I’d like it to be true, only so that we don’t trade for him, I smell BS, at least until it’s proven it’s not about a baseless social media post like Watson claims.

Seriously, someone is crying, because someone said something to them on a social media platform? If that’s your biggest problem in your life you’ve had a pretty good life so far, so quit bitchin

I don’t know who you mean by someone’s crying

If you mean Watson, I think he has to make a public statement if he thinks it’s fabricated

If you mean the person the filed the suit, I don’t think the lawsuit is about a social media post, Watson in his stent says he hasn’t seen the complaint, he only saw the social media post about the lawsuit

I don’t know what the allegation is. I don’t think Watson knows.

74. bailbondmike says:

I did not realize this but last month we signed the Saints’ backup center Cameron Tom. Probably does not mean much but they must have saw something to sign him. Only started 1 game since leaving college 4 years ago and has 12 appearances in games.

There is also another center we signed last September on the roster in Tyler Gauthier from “The U” who was on the Pats practice squad in 2019 and another short stint there in 2020.

I think we sign a big name center or draft one and see who is the best to keep as a backup.

75. bailbondmike says:

We do have quite a few DE’s on the roster to go along with Ogbah. I will be very interested to see where the 3 rookies progress. Especially the last 2 in Render and Strowbridge.

Nick Coe DE 6-5 291 23 R Auburn
    Jonathan Ledbetter DE 6-4 264 23 2 Georgia
    Tyshun Render DE 6-4 248 23 R Middle Tennessee State
    Jason Strowbridge DE 6-5 273 24 R North Carolina

You’re correct I read it wrong, he became aware of the lawsuit from a social media post. Scrap my previous Rosannerossanadana post🤪

We’ll see what comes of this, but a revenge factor may be:

The lawyer who filed the suit is Tony Buzbee, a friend and neighbor of former Texans owner Bob McNair.

It’s nothing tk me until more details come out, but these athletes like AB and others sure give a bad name to other athletes, making these allegations seem believable

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero
    10m
    Former #Lions CB Justin Coleman has agreed to terms with the #Dolphins on a one-year deal worth up to $2.75 million, per source.

Can he play the slot?

Wow, 23 mil a yr avg for OT.

Cameron Wolfe
    @CameronWolfe
    12m
    Dolphins are adding former Lions CB Justin Coleman on a 1-year deal worth up to $2.75M, source confirms.

Coleman is best at slot CB and can play special teams. Former Patriot. A good depth signing — can come in and compete with Noah Igbinoghene, Nik Needham for backup CB spots.

Career – 4 ints 2 for tds and another a 50 yard return, 1 td on Fumble recovery, 2 sacks, 4 FF and 41 PD

JAG, but need more competition at slot, can’t just give Needham the job again

80. bailbondmike says:

I wish we would sign or draft a better FS and move Bobby McCain back to slot corner. One of the reasons McCain was so good there is his smarts and he holds the 6th fastest 20 yard shuttle in combine history and a good 3 cone to go with that. He has that short area quickness. I think his 4.5+ 40 time is what hampers him back there.

I would prefer a speedy ballhawk back there.

I don’t know if it’s the scheme or the players but I can’t remember any big plays from our safeties last year. They were solid, but not dynamic in any way.

81. bailbondmike says:

One thing I did not realize is our CB Byron Jones is tied for 7th in combine history for vertical jump and, more surprising, he holds the record for the longest broad jump in combine history as the only one to ever broad jump over 12 feet.

Hard to argue this

Omar Kelly
    @OmarKelly
    6h
    It hurts my soul to say this, but if the Dolphins don’t add another edge player in free agency Miami might be forced to use two of the team’s top 4 picks on someone to replace Lawson and Van Noy.

Edge player isn’t a deep spot in this draft, and scheme fits are limiting.

Although one solution is AVG getting more PT and getting Biegel back.

Pretty sure we’re going Edge at 18, Kwity Paye seems to be in play too from what I read, but I haven’t watched any tape

Aiight, I’ve seen enough from Mr Paye, and he’s no quick twitch Edge, he’s more of an edge setter. I don’t want any part of him at 18, maybe in the 2nd

Aditi Kinkhabwala
    @AKinkhabwala
    · 8m
    Make that another White heavy check mark: Eric Stokes solidified time he ran last week, clocking an unofficial 4.25 in the 40 here at @GeorgiaFootball Pro Day. Fellow CB Tyson Campbell looked fast too, w/ an unofficial 4.39. (Per multiple scouts, all of whom miss official combine timer Mark Gorsuch)

With Todd Gurley moving on to Atlanta last season, Malcolm Brown became the elder statesman of the running back room and providing a good mentor for younger players like Cam Akers and Darrell Henderson Jr. But the Rams also leaned on Brown on third down because of intimate knowledge of Sean McVay’s complex offense and his cerebral ability to pick up blitzes as a pass protector. Brown also was L.A.’s best runner in goal-line situations, finishing with five rushing touchdowns on the year — 10 over the last two seasons.

With Cam Akers emerging as a workhorse running back at the end of last season, the Rams did not have a need to bring back Brown in free agency. However, the 27-year-old Brown still has some gas left in the tank as an experienced, complementary back in a young running back rotation.

Krishna says:
    March 17, 2021 at 10:49 am

_______________________________________________–

i would take first down as well however that’s very unlikely, so who can get me in the best position on a consistent basis? you’re missing the point.

by your way of thinking we should have put Mercury Morris in on 1st down vs Csonka, after all Morris could break off a 40 yard run, csonka was only good for 4 to 6 yards.

i knew Shula was wrong in putting Csonka in there on first down, Damn!

if you go 2nd& 6…… 12 out of 15 times in a game
    or you get 2 …..1st downs running 10+ twice and the other 13 times you are in 2nd & 9,

which would you rather have?

the reason i eliminate 10+ is to not be fooled by the stats to find out if player A vs player B should be in on 1st down.

like steve said on first down,
    player A has a 50 yard run and only 1 yrd per carry the other 9 times, he’s avg 6 yards per carry.
    player B has 10 carries for 40 yards none over ten yards he avg 4 yards per carry.

on 1st down when you want to put your offense in a reasonable down and distance, which RB will you choose A or B?

A is getting you 6 yards per carry, wouldn’t you choose him?
    I would choose player B because he’s more consistent with getting me in that down and distance.

to identify that player you just can’t go by his yards per carry, he could break lose and get a lot of yards on one play vs the guy that can consistently pick up the tough yards.

this is the reason i exclude 10+

i can’t explain it any better and i’m surprised you don’t understand the logic.

you’re assuming that you would rather have a 10+ run every time over a 6 yard run, i would as well but that’s not reality.
    you’re looking at from a hindsight perspective.
    we don’t know what will happen prior to the play, all we know is we want a manageable 2nd down to keep the drive alive and keep the D guessing.
    if we’re in 2nd and 9 we are at a huge disadvantage because the D knows we have to pass and they play pass.
    if we’re in 2nd and 4 the D has no clue what we are doing, therefore they have to play us honest which opens up the field.

so who gives us the best chance to be in manageable down & distance?

the guy avg 6yards per carry after running 51 yards

or the guy with 4 yards per carry and no 10+ yards?

removing the 10+ identifies that player.

Makes perfect sense to me and I thought about it😉

• Krishna says:

I’m not assuming anything and certainly not assuming (as you are and that’s my point) your one-off of a 50 yarder with 1 rush. That means his average is 50/yds per rush. That’s not what I am saying at all, but that’s YOUR argument.

I wll take a new set of downs after starting 1st and 10 vs 2nd and whatever every time. That’s why you count it. Perhaps you need to refigure your calculation with a few other variables. It’s not good and it’s only my opinion.

I would take first and a new series, 2nd and 1 and 3 and 6 and all in between every time, but you want to throw out his 1st and new series, because according to your logic he will only do it once and the rest of the time he we fall down but look better on paper. That’s just stupid.

I want a 3 down back, but a 3 headed monster like Csonka, Kiick, and Morris is in the past. Diversity and power are most important in a RB these days, imo. I prefer a hard runner, and forgive me if I mention Ricky Williams. He could go inside, speed to go outside, catch, push a pile, and blow by everyone.

SBNation says we’re in the mix for former Texans ILB Tyrrell Adams, he had 2 sacks and over 100 tackles last year, it also says he projects inside.

Why would we sign another inside LB? Can Baker play outside?

Currently Baker, Biegel, AVG, and McKinney put good pressure on the QB, so do we need another pressure LB or do we need another 3rd down Edge opposite Ogbah?

Seems like we have the early downs covered with Ogbah, Raeqwon, Wilkins and Sieler, then add the 4 LBS plus Eguavoen and we really don’t have any holes.

We used a lot of LBS last year, so maybe one more for depth.

As for needing 2 to replace KVN and Lawson, I’m not sure we need 2

Drake was avg 1.9 yards per carry on 1st down excluding 10+ scampers. avg 6 YPC total
    Gore was avg 4.3 yards per carry on 1st down excluding 10- scampers avg 4.5 YPC total

if you’re in a close game early and you’re goal is to try to get a manageable down and distance on 2nd down to keep the drive alive, which RB are you going with?

Cameron Wolfe
    @CameronWolfe
    11m
    Former Dolphins C Ted Karras going back to New England. That means David Andrews, who the Dolphins are interested in, will have a new home.

Malik Hooker, let’s get him

Herald reports we’re getting receiver help from a familiar source, not sure what that means, unless Tannehill is coming back as a WR😉

Maybe it’s Malik Hooker, who is familiar to Brisket

Adam Caplan
      @caplannfl
      34m
      I’m told veteran TE Charles Clay is intent on returning to the field for the 2021 season.

He had offers from several teams as the 2020 season progressed, but chose to sit out due to the pandemic.

He last played for the #AzCardinals during the 2019 season.

Dolphins have agreed to terms with former Patriots DT Adam Butler on a two-year deal, sources confirmed.

Another solid depth signing. He’ll join what’s become a strong DT group with Christian Wilkins, Raekwon Davis and Zach Sieler.

Adam Caplan
    @caplannfl
    34m

He last played for the #AzCardinals during the 2019 season.

If accurate I like the signing. Tough guy who can make those 3rd catches and move the chains as well as a seam buster

the way tua gets better is to have a physical RB behind a Physical OL that can gush forward with a heavy run game.

95. naplesfan2010 says:

CB Coleman 4 INTS 2 for TDs and 4 FFs, played first 2 years for Flores in NE.

WR, Edge, RB, and S with our 1st 4 picks, then LB depth and we’re done

97. naplesfan2010 says:

Butler all 4 years with NE, 20 TFL, 9 PD, 6.5 300.We swapped him for Godchaux but Butler is better.

98. naplesfan2010 says:

And he’s been practicing opposite Cam Newton.

Just waiting on Andrews news

100. naplesfan2010 says:

We need more pressure up the middle to keep Cam from prancing loose and bother josh Allen.

101. naplesfan2010 says:

Butler also 15 sacks in 4 years from interior DL. Still young.

Barry Jackson
    @flasportsbuzz
    20m
    Butler deal can reach as high as $9.5 M if all incentives met. DL now very solid for Miami. OLB/edge must be addressed to supplement Van Ginkel, Biegel. Rest of defense is good enough.

Lots of solid depth signings, at good prices.

Trade out of 3 to keep the influx of talent going for tears to come. Hoping Eagles, because I think they’ll suck next year

Dave Hyde
    @davehydesports
    4h
    Ex-NFL exec Michael Lombardi says “rumor” is Watson doesn’t want Dolphins, cap updates, Day 3 of FA news

steveccnv says:
    March 17, 2021 at 12:12 pm
    Cameron Wolfe@CameronWolfe
    11m
    ———————————
    That sucks. Not that had my heart set on him, but how many starting level centers are available?

Rumor is Andrews is looking for 10m, which is more than we want to pay, so maybe not a good thing Karras signed with Cheats

107. bailbondmike says:

KC’s starting center Austin Reiter is also a f/a and still out there.

Cant believe Brockers got traded for just a 7th. I would have loved to have brought him on that. I know his contract is probably a little heavy but we could have probably reworked it to spread it out and give him a little more in guarantees.

109. naplesfan2010 says:

Brockers may be too old for their plan.

110. naplesfan2010 says:

Who’s the best center in the draft?

Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    30m
    Malcolm Brown converted 6 of 8 short yardage runs on 3rd or 4th down last season (short yardage = 3 yards or less).

In 140 career pass protection snaps he’s never been credited with a sack allowed.

112. naplesfan2010 says:

Gaskib…sheesh

113. naplesfan2010 says:

WTF…GASKIN

naplesfan2010 says:
    March 17, 2021 at 1:22 pm
    Who’s the best center in the draft?
    —————————————————————-
    Debatable, but i like Dickerson, last Alabama OC we drafted turned out pretty well.

I also really like Alex Leatherwood as far as an OT to add. We wouldn’t need it this year Flowers and Kindley at OG, but maybe in future years. I think Hunt was pretty good at RT though, not sure if we need another.

115. naplesfan2010 says:

I see no need to get a OT at all. I’d rather get a WR, RB, edge rusher, center, and Safety.

No need at all, Sewell is a supposed to be a special player. If he gives a lot more value than the other choices over years…. have no problem.

With a grain of salt. From the Herald:

“Even as the Dolphins have been searching for wide receiver help this offseason, there is help on the way in the form of Allen Hurns and Albert Wilson.

Both opted out during the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020 but a league source confirmed to the Miami Herald Wednesday both intend to opt back in for 2021.

And both are in the team’s plans, according to a source.”

Karras’ deal was for one year and $4 million. Second “show me” contract in a row. Why isn’t anyone willing to pay the man? Thought he played just fine for us.

118. bailbondmike says:

Here is Adam Butler #70 vs AZ last year. He’s quicker off the snap than I thought.

We will be solid with:
    Wilkins
    Davis
    Seiler
    Butler
    Jones

Can draft another 3rd – 4th round or later maybe.

“Adam Butler will sign a two-year deal in Miami worth up to $9 million.”
    Not gonna bust the budget.

Butler is 26…. this team really is like Logan’s Run.

The way I see it, we’re a starting Center (David Andrews or Rodney Hudson) away from being locked-n-loaded for the Draft. I wouldn’t mind Desmond King as a FA upgrade as a (BALLHAWK!!!) Safety, but I don’t really think it’s necessary.

The only NEED we really have at this point is pass-rushing from the EDGE (DE & OLB), and we’ll get that through the Draft. And we’re quite obviously going to be addressing WR via the Draft.

——————
    Not cool! I hope nobody bites on this, being the Raiders said they were releasing him yesterday. We tried this with KVN and nobody bit.

Now if he can be had for a late-round pick, I’d pull the trigger… but nothing higher than a 6th rounder.

Not cool for us for sure. Yesterday I said it was strange cause the Raiders were taking on more dead money by cutting him than his salary this year. Maybe they figured that out too and wanted something out of it. Problem with the trade though is his contract doesn’t get wiped out…. and it is a big one.

Well, with any luck, the rest of the league will allow him to hit FA… at which point, they (or us) can sign him to what they want to sign him to. I predict that THAT is what will happen. We’ll see!

One of ‘My Guys’ this year, Azeez Ojulari, at the Georgia Pro-Day, today…

The top prospect working out on Wednesday, Ojulari measured 6-foot-2 and 249 pounds with 34 3/8-inch arms and a 10.5-inch hand. He ran the 40 in 4.63 seconds, per one scout who was in attendance.

It was a good unofficial time for the redshirt sophomore edge rusher, who tied for eighth in the FBS with 8.5 sacks last season. His broad jump of 10 feet, 7 inches impressed, as well.

March 17, 2021 at 1:54 pm
    ———————————————————————————–
    I don’t see anything more special than any other year’s top OT.

I’m the last guy to judge OL talent simply with my eyes. Lot of folks have called him a “generational talent”, but then I said “supposed to be” on purpose.

Hudson will be a late pick for taking the contract and having the burden to re-sign/re-work.

————–
    WOAH!!! Too rich for me!

129. Rhino says:

It’s clear more and more that Miami is has become a “build through the draft” team! The money being thrown around by other teams as if “that guy” is the missing piece. smh.
    Coleman (FA) and Wilson (trade0 both with low risk, high upside. Butler is a damn good signing. 26 yrs old, knows what Flores will expect. Just be sure to erase Van Noy’s contact info from Butler’s phone! lol

Good. Build through the draft. Use cap space to keep your success draftees. I want to use that model if we can.

What the Steelers and Pats have done. Not going to complain about that. Problem is when you are trying to move up doesn’t happen as quick as it otherwise could. But then am a patient man.

From PFF…

“34. C DAVID ANDREWS
    After missing the 2019 season, Andrews bounced back to grade out at 67.7 in 2020, good for 16th among centers. He has now ranked in the top 16 in his past three full seasons, doing his best work in pass protection. He ranks in the 87th percentile in pass-blocking grade on true pass sets since 2015. He did take a step back in that department, posting a career-low 56.4 pass-blocking grade in 2020. In the run game, Andrews has one of the lowest negatively graded play percentages in the league, and that dependability should be valued among a thin group of centers.

Contract Analysis: Andrews missed the 2019 NFL season while dealing with blood clots in his lungs, a frightening condition for the ascending center. His 2020 campaign was very promising considering his health situation, the fact there was no offseason and because Andrews had to learn to play with a new quarterback in Cam Newton. There’s certainly reason for optimism going forward.

Prediction: Three years, $18 million ($6M APY): $8 million total guaranteed, $5 million fully guaranteed at signing.”

It would have been ILBpalooza

But I always liked Perryman

From PFF…

56. EDGE HAASON REDDICK
    Reddick’s strong finish to 2020 has looked nothing like the first 3 ½ years of his career, clouding his free-agent evaluation. Reddick was clearly out of place as a traditional linebacker, grading at just 35.4 in coverage in his first three NFL seasons — the third-worst mark among linebackers during that time. However, Reddick’s move back to his college position on the edge has rejuvenated his career, as his burst has been an asset when he rushes the passer. The question will be whether Reddick will continue this incredible stretch of play or if it’s just an anomaly, but he’s definitely worth a look as a change-of-pace No. 3 pass-rusher. And he may get paid like a No. 2.

Contract Analysis: The Cardinals finally moved Reddick from off-ball linebacker to an edge rusher on the outside, and big-time results followed. He registered an insane five sacks and a 97.1 pass-rushing grade in Week 14 against the Giants, and he followed that up with a 10-pressure outing against Philadelphia. It’s still such a small sample size of success, which certainly complicates the evaluation, but there’s no denying what Reddick did to close out the 2020 season.

Prediction: One year, $8.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

Isn’t he going to want more than one year? If me I’d cash in on that great season.

I’m not certain he can ca$h in on that one great season. As I’ve been saying for weeks (no offense intended at all), Haasan actually played well during a contract season. That screams bad things… that he only cares about his $$$. A 1-year “PROVE IT” deal would certainly be in order, IMO.

But who knows… somebody may swing for the fences and land him to a BIG contract. It is telling, though… that he’s still available.

He can certainly turn his last good year into a long-term contract that will set him up for life. And if he takes a one-year and does it again or better get a whole lot more. First choice there is what X chose….. and seems he isn’t happy made the wrong choice.

As BBM has noted over the last several weeks (and as PFF notes above), Haason was moved back to his natty college position of OLB last year. Perhaps that’s what made the significant progress in his production… or, as I’ve stated, perhaps it was a ‘contract year’.

Looks as though the league is viewing it as a ‘contract year’. We’ll see! If the price is right, I’d love to have him on our Phins.

If the league is viewing it as contract year performance…… then I’d be all for signing him on the cheap. Would fill a hole and free up our draft options.

Um, I don’t know about you, but I would not apply here. Just doesn’t seem safe. LOL

Wow we made a few more solid signings. I didn’t see anything about it because the NFLN is too busy talking about the Bucs and Pats all day.

How about will Fuller? Ran unofficial 4.33 &4.37 at the combine in 2016. Should be cheap given he will miss the first game finishing out a PEDS suspension. Has some injury history.

No, sir. I don’t think we want PED abusers on our team, for one. For two, his injury history is enough to turn away from him.

Intriguing prospect, but I don’t think he fits our bill. And I think you’re correct on Danielle Hunter: we don’t want injury risks on our team.

When he’s healthy he’s a big time playmaker. But he misses a lot of games. We already have an issue with durability at the WR position. Not sure if he’s a good fit. But the talent is there.

No doubt at all we would want Fuller on our team, but as always question is price. Fuller and Watson work real well together though….. including in the redzone. That would be a plus.

The Adam Butler signing was a nice pickup. We’ve got some good talent at DT.

——————–
    The same could be said for our Phins, actually. Perhaps it isn’t all about making room for Deshaun Watson, afterall.

You popping that out cause one of the guys said by all signs the Phins are going to ride with Tua?

Lmao

Every time I hear these guys speak I feel like they have watched 10% of the DolphIns football as anyone on this board

They just can’t accept that the Dolphins see Tua as their franchise QB

We went from Tank for Tua for a year, to replace Tua the following year all offseason.

Tim — NFL QB is a tough job, even if a really well paid one. Watson is better than Tua and our fans want him.

Watson has been in the league 4 years. So now we compare guys with multiple years experience to rookies? Not all fans want Watson.

Tim — this board proves not all fans want Watson, especially given how much it would cost to get him. Was just commenting on the hub bub. But Watson is better than Tua…. otherwise he wouldn’t cost so much in a trade.

140. Rhino says:

I’ve had NFL Network “Free Agency Frenzy” playing in background for several days… I think they overreached in their marketing department. lol Maybe “Free Agency We’ll-Get-There”

March 17, 2021 at 5:58 pm (Edit)

*****

It’s honestly ridiculous

At least everyone here has been consistent about Tua. But on Twitter you see people who play both sides.

Watch that video, at the end they are talking about the organization being unenthusiastic when they drafted him….they just can’t admit how duped they were by the front office when they were reporting things like the Dolphins will be reading up for an OT….

They are just recycling rumors they believed and passing it off as facts. It’s really incredible.

• New Age says:

Today’s media is garbage. Houston’s ‘insider’ reporter has flipped back and forth on Watson to Miami and several other places all offseason. It pays his bills but isn’t any better than what any random Joe would say. Someone posted where he said he has more chance of becoming the HC than Watson leaving but weeks later….Gotta pay the bills! Time for another opinion piece where I promote my years of ‘reporting’. Watson is definitely on his way there now!! My snake oil is the best!!

Our big needs coming in were C and WR. Then when we cut Van Noy another one became at edge. Still sitting there. But guess we can wrap them all up in the first 4 picks.

Van Noy wasn’t really an edge rusher. He played all over the place. He did a lot of stunt blitzing, he’s never been a pure pass rusher. We needed an edge rusher even if he was still here. Lawson was the edge guy that we moved on from but that was because he really wasn’t a fit in our defense. Not big enough to be a pure DE and not quick enough to be an OLB. He’s a tweener.

Van Noy still got 6 sacks, but you are right about Lawson too. My only point was we have a need at edge. Unless you disagree….. willing to say you are 100% correct on the rest.

Yes we need an edge rusher. Van Noy had 6 sacks and Baker had 7. We do a lot of blitzing.

For sure we blitz a lot. Especially from SOLB where Van Noy played. Need someone to replace him is my point.

We are probably not signing him either and I couldn’t be happier

145. Rhino says:

Miami signs WR Robert Foster … bounced between 3 teams practice squads, before playing a couple games for Washington last year…

… did we pay him in nickels? We must be losing some practice squad guys.

Yikes!

• Rhino says:

Watson’s “gas mask” moment? Now teams will offer a 6th round pick only Only if he renegotiates his contract. lol

• New Age says:

Watson…bro. Wassup?

Wow, does it even matter if the allegations are true or not (in regards to a team trading for him)? How can you give up a bunch of assets for him with this hanging out there?

Or maybe you give up a whole lot less assets. First suit brought claimed he basically wanted a happy ending and didn’t get it. Not sure what the new ones are about….. but they all came within hours and the lawyer is a shyster.

March 11, 2021 Re-signed LB Vince Biegel.
      March 10, 2021 Signed P Michael Palardy. Signed TE Cethan Carter to a three-year contract.
      March 8, 2021 Tendered contracts to LB Calvin Munson, CB Nik Needham and CB Jamal Perry.
      March 7, 2021 Signed P Michael Palardy.
      March 5, 2021 Released LB Kyle Van Noy.
      February 16, 2021 Signed K Jason Sanders to a five-year contract.
      February 3, 2021 Signed OL Cameron Toms to a futures contract.
      January 26, 2021 Signed CB Terrell Bonds to a reserve/futures contract.
      January 12, 2021 Signed RB Jordan Scarlett to a reserve/futures contract for the 2021 season.
      January 7, 2021 Signed WR Kirk Merrit to a reserve/futures contract.
      January 6, 2021 Signed WR Kisk Merritt to a reserve/futures contract.
      January 5, 2021 Signed DEs Nick Coe and Tyshun Render, S Brian Cole, CBs Javaris Davis and Tino Ellis, C Tyler Gauthier, T Jonathan Hubbard, LB Kylan Johnson, TE Chris Myarick, G Durval Queiroz Neto, QB Reid Sinnett and LS Rex Sunahara to reserve/future contracts for the 2021 season.
      January 2, 2021 Promoted S Nate Holley to the active roster. Waived FB Chandler Cox. Elevated WR Marcus Kemp and QB Reid Sinnett.

147. bailbondmike says:

Lawyer Tony Buzbee says three more women will be filing lawsuits against Deshaun Watson for assault.
    ————————————-
    It’s the Cuomo affect!

Don’t read too much into the Watson allegations at this point guys

I just posted it for information. Those women will get their day in civil court. I don’t really like to speculate as to what is true or not based on a filing.

This is being done to ultimately shoehorn Watson to Denver, you’ll see lol

150. naplesfan2010 says:

Foster a blazing speed guy played with Tua at Alabama. 20 ypc career.

It’s funny Deshaun comes out right and I mean right before today’s news came out and said essentially Miami is off my list. Bet our guys were on top of that shit and bailed.

Conspiracy theories running wild. LOL

I don’t think they bailed

I don’t think they ever entered the room

Everything connecting Watson to Miami was coming from Watson

Miami’s FO made it clear they wanted to stick with Tua every chance they had to speak about it.

The Tagoviloa family behind all of it lol

Wholesome man/child trying to win the faithfuls hearts
    Vs
    A womanizing whatever bitching his way out of Houston

But fret not we have the Brisket locked up

I don’t know Piggs, showing interest in Watson is keeping your ear to the ground at the very least we need info with the 3 pick involved. To not be involved would in my opinion be a disservice to the entire organization and fan base.

I still maintain that any Deshaun deal by anyone will happen in the draft.

Anyone have a tally of the moves we’ve made this offseason?

I don’t know but the answer is tat for tat and we maybe got marginally better. Certainly haven’t added any sort of real difference maker aka super star and that’s fine because there didn’t appear to be one available. We improved depth we haven’t added any starters.

That I know. Our draft is huge. We were already a solid team. I’m not concerned, we’re not throwing money around.

We tried to get Clowney the last two years and I’ll bet big money Grier won’t even take his agents call.
    And they’re calling every 15 minutes by now, lol
    Suck it Clowney

157. i wonder if the Dolphins figured out a way to get Watson for cheap, lol

Watson is much more attractive if We didnt have to part with multiple firsts.

I cant believe Watson found a way to screw up his situation even worse, wow!
    if he has THAT poor of judgement, then Maybe Hes not the right guy for Miami

158. Cornerback Justin Coleman is headed to Miami.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Coleman has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Dolphins. Coleman’s pact is worth up to $2.75 million.

He joins quarterback Jacoby Brissett, running back Malcolm Brown, punter Michael Palardy, and tight end Cethan Carter as new additions in Miami.

159. Coleman likes to punch the ball out and make fumbles, gotta luv it

160. in the above video, Coleman has a pick six against Jacoby Brissett , lol

McKinney and Butler are my favorite additions thus far. Brissett is a quality backup QB. Brown adds some thump to the running game as a vet pro RB. New punter in Palardy, okay. Carter seems like a blocker at TE/H-back/FB and STs. Coleman at DB don’t know much about him other than he has experience. Biegel back and healthy is a plus at OLB. Foster is a speed demon but seems to lack something to be more involved with teams.

Am I missing anyone?

• manitobafinfan says:

T Wilson , resigned Needham and Jamal Perry.. so didn’t miss much

HAVE ANY OF YOU FOLKS been watching “The Great Massacre In The Garden” tonight? The Rangers scored seven–yes SEVEN GOALS in the second period to take a 9-0 lead over the Philadelphia Flyers in Madison Square Gardens! Rangers’ assistant captain Mika Zibanejan scored a Natural Hat Trick in the second period (that’s a power play goal, an even strength goal and a short handed goal). I CAN’T WAIT to see Philly fans’ reaction when the Flyers (supposedly Stanley Cup contenders) take the home ice at the Wells Fargo Center in a few days!! THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST ASS-KICKINGS IN THE HISTORY OF THIS RIVALRY!!

DON’T be surprised if there are more than a couple of fights in the 3rd period!!

No excuse…..lol

What a douche

If things remain the same.
    #3 OT Penei Sewell
    #18 C Creed Humphrey
    #36 OLB Azeez Ojulari
    #50 RB Javonte Williams

I’m not as worried about WR as others are. Block the play, control the clock, score points and get after the QB. We have good coverage.

We need wrs badly

I think that hole is over-rated too Tim, but I would draft one in the 1st. Last year the problem was compounded, because of the opt outs.

With Wilson and Hurns back we aren’t dynamic, but we’re pretty good, scoring 30 pts a game the end of 2019. Draft one of the top 3 or Pitts, then we’re pretty close to dynamic.

LB Kyle Van Noy gets a two-year deal with the #Patriots that can pay him up to $13.2 million, source says. Van Noy back in Foxboro, where he served a variety of roles for Bill Belichick

WR Samuel to Washington 3yr 35.5 M

I think we have enough receivers to catch the ball if we can run the ball and play good defense and STs. I think we have a chance to make our OL really good. That helps everything because you can block your plays. You don’t have to have elite skill players if you can do that.

I’m watching what other teams are doing in FA and OL and pass rushers is where a lot of money has been spent. GMs and coaches know this. I’m drafting them.

You can still add WRs in the 3rd and 4th.

I like big uglies too but I don’t know a single top teams that isn’t loaded with top notch skill players. It’s primarily what makes 545 yr old Brady still look good. The difference for Allen after he got Diggs is night and day. Lots of examples.

• New Age says:

I also think letting Karras go is a mistake if they don’t get Andrews. His contract was cheap for the Pats.

Brady won another Super Bowl because of defense. The championship game too against GB. He tried to give that game away and Rodgers and Co. couldn’t take advantage. He should have been picked off 4 times. How many horrible moon balls did he throw?

The Chiefs couldn’t block the Bucs defense.

Watson allegations starting to pile up, now 6 women and 3 lawsuits so far.

.aybe this guy is a slimy lawyer, but starting to look bad for him

The Miami beat writers never stop knocking the Dolphins. It’s unbelievable. Go move to NE. LOL

i think colemans issues were more about the team he was on and the lack of a pass rush.

if he can stay healthy i think we’re good with Brisett,

really thrilled with malcom brown! get sewell as well.

It’s funny how the stealers keep getting quality WRs? could it have something to do with the guy who’s throwing them the ball?

It’s because they

DRAFT THEM

They’ve drafted one in the 2nd round 3 of the last 4 years, and that only year they didn’t they took one in the 3rd round

They almost always take a receiver before day 2 of the draft is over

Every year the Steelers take LBs, WRs and RBs fairly early. Sometimes they draft dbs early.

Go look at their draft history

• ocalarob says:

i’m a big believer that you build thru the draft, look at the teams that constantly win, they build thru the draft. that said i think Ben had a lot to do with the success of their WRs, what happened to Mike Wallace? we gave him trillions and he didn’t pan out, look at antonio brown, he’s JAG. i fear Juju will be in that same class.

That’s true

Another good example will be the success Ja’marr Chase has with Tua

• ocalarob says:

you mean Brisett, there i fixed it.

with Ted Karras leaving do we have a center that can step up? maybe Deiter? the 2 guys we have penciled are PS guys, cameron from the saints & Gauther from NE,

Everyone get your crazy ideas out of you head and start getting used to this guy celebrating Tua TDs a game

Chris Grier after refusing to spend money on a free agent WR and drafting Ja’Marr Chase with the 3 pick

If we take a player with the 3rd pick i think that will be sewell, if the jets take him that means the BYU QB will be there, I think not taking him would be a huge mistake.

That said I doubt they would take him, at that point i would bet you have teams lining up to get that guy. we trade back. and still may get Chase or smith

So Van Noy back to the Patriots. Kind of makes sense for both parties. He was a good player there, now they have him back. Not afraid of him or anything, it just makes sense.

179. Dolphins signed one of Tuas old WR targets, they were on the 2017 bama team together

WR Robert Foster

180. FA is becoming more important to success, a team like Tampa picked up Suh, Brady, Brown, and a few others, then vaulted to the super bowl

Miami had 3 first round picks and missed the playoffs, got very little from all 3 picks.

the thing with FA is they have NFL experience, and rookies dont

People do this every year, they take the team that just won the SB, then they make assumptions based off of what that team did.

I know once I got to assumptions…

Tampa Bay was built to win last year, they needed a QB who didn’t turn the ball over 50 times. Brady also was able to recruit to Gronk, AB, and Fournette.

182. bailbondmike says:

Robert Foster ran a 4.41 at the combine. Fast but not a blazer. Good size speed combo. Seems he may have trouble getting open or something. His completion % when thrown to is not very good. His rookie season was decent but has fallen off the wagon since.

2018 – 44 targets, 27 receptions (Buffalo)
    2019 – 18 targets, 3 receptions (Buffalo)
    2020 – 6 targets, 2 receptions (Washington)

Should be better with that speed but may not be a very good route runner.

He has a few tackles (not many) so must be a gunner on ST.

Can’t imagine anything more than camp fodder, with a chance, tiny as it may be, but would be a miracle, if he made the team

Agree with Steve, not betting on him making the roster, especially if we draft well at that position. Then we have to decide whether we keep either Wilson or Hurns, or both, or neither. You have to figure DVP, Williams, Bowden and possibly Grant if we don’t get a return man are back. Perry will be on the bubble along with Foster

• there is no need to waste more time and money on part time Wilson, He doesnt want to compete imo
        hes been here for years, and done almost nothing but make millions of dollars, its time to find someone with a passion for the game, and who can be a Miami Dolphin

That’s why you sign guys like Foster, if they compete and do enough in camp, then you let a vet like Wilson go, but not until you have the replacement or just want to spend the money some place else you keep the vet

183. always an excuse why Wilson cant play, even though he always played for KC

his heart isnt in it, time to cut bait

excuses are for people that like to build monuments of nothing

Field Yates
    @FieldYates
    44m
    Patriot S Patrick Chung has announced his retirement

The same people, like Omar, who bitch about us not signing anyone notable, also bitch, when we don’t resign our FAs.

You can’t have it both ways

…and they bitch the team is paper thin, but when we sign depth, see above.

The never ending full circle of a beat writer, kind of like a dog spinning around in circles chasing its tail🤔

I was reading up on the Watson accusations

The women who have filed claims are masseuses who claim the acts occurred in his home.

One of them is Atlanta based and says Watson reached out to her on Instagram and flew her to Houston

I don’t want to judge too harshly, but flying Instagram masseuses to you personal residence sounds like an escort to me.

• pheloniusphish says:

Mama needs a new pair of shoes!

I’m mean, who ever heard of flying a masseuse cross country that you met by looking at photos on Instagram. Is this normal?

You’d think so, because why pay that money otherwise.

That’s what makes sense, so I’m leaning towards him being guilty, at least that’s what the current info says, and his defense is the same ole I didn’t it

You do have to have some evidence though and just parading 6 women out there doesn’t cut it, even though they think it does

Guilty of what?

Soliciting sex. He’s probably guilty of that. That’s not what she’s doing for and she wouldn’t have a claim for that.

Sexual assault? I seriously question that from a guy she met on Instagram who flew her to his home to give her a massage….

Not sure I follow you. Are you saying she’s an escort and not really a masseuse?

So she was flown in for sexual favors, and therefore can’t claim sexual assault?

Yes I’m saying she’s probably an escort

It doesn’t mean she can’t be assaulted. But it does mean she may have met and negotiated sex with him, which is not sexual assault

If I was his lawyer the first thing I would do if look at her Instagram, subpoena her record and see how many other of these sort of fly me to you meetings she has had.

If she is an escort and not. Masseuse, that’s not great for Watson either bc solicitation is illegal even if it’s not assault

If what she says about meeting him on Instagram is true and flying to Houston is true. That’s easy to prove. There’s a paper trail. Whether or not there was forcible sexual activity is not easy to prove or disprove.

I’m not going to speculate on what happened, but it’s not like she met him in the course of a regular day at her job and he assaulted her. Her story is that he approached her on Instagram, flew her to Houston for a massage at his home (Which doesn’t raise an eyebrow at all to a legit masseuse) and then forced sexual interaction.

That kind of reeks as a set up.

The lawyer seems like a slime ball too. Either way, I agree, it doesn’t look good for Watson.

You’re a pro athlete and don’t want any strings, so you use the professional side of it, at least that’s what you thought you were doing.

How does a professional athlete get laid without any strings? Someone is always coming after you? I guess you gotta put a ring on it

I’m not going to judge him (or her) harshly if they are just two grown ups that worked out an arrangement

That’s their business in my eyes

But I don’t want to hear anyone call that assault

And the reality is, if it comes out that he hired an escort (admitting that’s what he did might be his only way to defend this) the nfl might still punish him bc that’s illegal

Our top 6 WRs:
    Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Hurns and Bowden.

Something has to give, especially, if we draft one in top 2 or 3 rounds.

I don’t see Bowden, Parker or Williams going anywhere and I don’t see the other 3 all staying.

When we draft one, that puts Hurns at risk, but if we get Waddle I can’t see Grant staying.

Wilson I think is at risk, if we sign an FA, like Juju, and maybe Grant, depending on how much the FAs cap hit is in 2021

Must have been a hell of a massage

Anyone see Brisket getting some wildcat type reps?

Maybe use him like Nola does with Taysom

It’s tough as a young, wealthy dude to avoid issues but other young men seem able to do it. What really hurts Watsons plea of innocence is 6 women if true. I don’t think he’s naive, he’s entitled. That’s not the worst thing n the world but I’m glad he’s finding ways to stay away from Miami. We don’t need an entitled dude that can’t seem to figure out basic stuff.

I don’t think think he assaulted anyone and will this ever blow back on these lying Bs? So many times these ‘victims’ are found to be lying but no repercussions for trying to ruin someone. Looks like the happy endings are over.

191. Krishna says:

You people crack me up. If two consenting adults make an arrangement, the rest of you can go fuck yourselves and your so-called morals. LMFAO!

Sexual assault, however, is NEVER ok.

• bookman11 says:

Who brought in morals to the discussion? To me the discussion was about the risk a “famous” person puts themself in because of people taking advantage of them with possible false accusations.

The only thing I read that was close to referring to morals was piggy mentioning the possible punishment from the NFL because of these types of services being illegal.

I did not notice any moral discussion at all

Imagine finding yourself puzzled after covering the Dolphins for a career, watching them trade for multiple picks over two years and then seeing them pass on big free agency signings to build the team through the draft using….get this…..wait for it…..wait for it….the picks they acquired the last few years

Puzzling?

Wtf is wrong with our beat writers

Don’t worry guys

When the dust settles on the Watson stuff, I’m sure there will be a happy ending

The most common talk about why the WRs aren’t getting their money has been, because the draft is loaded with them.

Maybe Barry should listen once in a while, but I guess he thinks he doesn’t get paid to do that.

With that said, could we actually be thinking about taking an Edge with our 1st pick, instead of a WR?

Or is Rousseau the thought at 18?

Is their an Edge worry in the 8-12 range?