Up and coming star? Andrew Van Ginkel

If you’re a regular reader here, you know I just highlighted our 2nd first round pick, Jaelan Phillips in my last article. Now it’s the guy on the other side, WOLB Andy Van Ginkel. I think Phillips will be an NFL star, maybe even this season, but I think we may have a star in the making in AVG. A little shorter and a little lighter than Phillips, AVG is a fast moving, agile athlete. Phillips is 6’5 260 while AVG is 6’3 241. Both ran the 40 in 4.56. AVG really excels in that short burst speed and agility running the 10 yard in 1.56 and the 3 cone at 6.86, fantastic for his size. Many WR’s and DB’s can’t post times that good. His 4.14 20 yard shuttle shows elite quick burst speed. Speed is his game so don’t expect AVG to ever exceed 245 lbs, he’s not a power player.

What can we expect from this much unheralded player who quietly made himself known to Miami Dolphins fans? Playing in only 46% of the snaps, AVG posted some heady stats in limited playing time. 48 total tackles (29 solo), 10 QB hits, 5.5 sacks, 3 FF’s, 1 FR returned for a TD, 7 TFL and 4 passes defensed. Well rounded numbers showing legitimate versatility. With KVN gone this season, AVG is the started opposite Phillips who will be playing the strong side. Will AVG be able to withstand more snaps and will his body be able to endure more snaps? We’re going to find out because I believe he will be given every chance to do that and will play as many snaps as he can. One thing I do know is the league has definitely shifted towards speed, and this year, the Dolphins defense has the speed to match up. Even big Benardrick McKinney who will be side by side in the middle with Jerome Baker can run well. He’s the sole LB who doesn’t cut the sub 4.6 threshold but his 4.66 is nothing to sneeze at considering his 6’4 260 size. McKinney is a thumper that can move though, and that’s good considering Elandon Roberts is returning from an injury sustained the second to last week of the season. He may not available to the Dolphins defense until mid season.

If more playing time is better for AVG then it’s not unrealistic to think AVG may nearly double his sack total to 10 or more, and his QB hit number to close to 20. With the added attention Phillips and Ogbah will likely garner, it’s not crazy really. The one thing we don’t know is what AVG’s body can endure. Some guys are relief pitchers simply because they get exposed the longer they are out there. Will that be true of AVG? I for one don’t believe so, I think he will shine once again, but time will tell.

GO DOLPHINS!!!

1,368 Responses to Up and coming star? Andrew Van Ginkel

BBMike – There will always be people you don’t like attached to stuff. What Bill Gates does or thinks has no bearing on whether I was going to take the vaccine. It was a tough choice for me, I waited a while, didn’t do it until April. The easy reason for the Dems dancing around in Chinatown and NYC was political agenda, they wanted to make it seem safe in Chinatown who was getting tremendous backlash due to the virus originating in China. Then they turned on a dime as soon as President Trump made light of the virus even though they did the same. At the time though, the virus really hadn’t hit NY yet, and then when it did, they blamed Trump. None of that had anything to do with my own decision to protect myself from getting very sick from the COVID virus.

That’s what you took out of what he wrote?

OMG Steve, that’s some of it, yes. Is Bill Gates distributing the vaccine? Like I said, I don’t give a fuck what Gates or Soros want, to me that has nothing to do with this vaccine. Didn’t Trump want the vaccine to be available as quickly as possible? Is he a Bill Gates puppet too?

Trump actually ordered like the first 100 million does of the vaccines in this country and can take credit for some of the speedy distribution

Yes Trump would be, if he said things like Gates and others have

• bailbondmike says:

It is crazy how both sides flip flopped on this.

2. Phindog says:

I think what some are saying is that what makes you decide what is a responsible choice over their beliefs and actions? Not saying you are wrong but people have the right to do what they need to do.

Of course they do

But that’s doesn’t make their decisions any better

Maybe not better for you, but for them

It’s not better for them

Odds are It’s actually inconsequential to me

Just stop it man

It doesn’t become a good decision bc you believe it to be

It’s an enormous risking you are taking with your own health

So now you’re judge and jury

Who really knows, if the decision was good or bad?

Only father time, stop with the know it all…

What do you mean “judge and jury”?

Everyone one of us has the power to judge other people on whatever basis we like

There’s nothing wrong with that

What am I suppose to do, pat you on the back when you chew on glass?

I’m not going to encourage or support stuff I think is dangerous just so people can feel good about the bad decisions they make

No, what you’re supposed to do is butt out and leave them alone

Judge and jury, meaning you judge them, and decide what’s right, kinda like social media platforms are doing

You guys are talking about it

And posting on a website

You aren’t exactly whispering about it amongst each other

I don’t know, if your opinion on a subject requires people to be silent if they don’t agree, it’s probably not super well thought out…

Don’t really give a fuck about this topic, yesterday there were lots of posts about it, skipped over most of them.

Not much going on today, so I’m putting my 2 cents in on your ridiculous claims

3. bailbondmike says:

If I decided to sunbathe on top a lit bbq – I bet you guys would say, that’s pretty stupid Piggy.
    ————————-
    NO, YOU ARE WRONG! I would make some coleslaw, baked beans and break out the Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce!

4. Phindog says:

Ok , I’m going to entertain myself for a few hours by chasing my tail that my owners had docked.

Steve – So if someone who backs the virus says something you don’t like, you don’t take it. Got it. That’s smart thinking right there. Just narrow it down it down to that, never mind everything else. At least I understand your stance, even if I don’t agree with it.

• Phindog says:

I’m gonna get the paper, get the paper 😆

Saying something you don’t like is a little different, than saying something directly related.

You must have piggyitis this morning, your analogies are as lame as his

Steve, the virus, and the vaccine go way beyond the scope of these guys, Gates, Soros. If you can’t see past that, that’s on you.

Maybe, but that has nothing to do with BBMs post about Gates and Soros.

If someone as rich as these 2 are involved, which there’s evidence right from their mouths, and they make bold statements it doesn’t go beyond them

6. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, don’t take me wrong. This decision I have made may be wrong since I don’t know how long I will have natural antibodies. I tried contacting the Epidemiology Dept on NAS to find out it they were going to test us again to see where our levels were now vs. last year but could not get an answer. You would think that would be part of their study to see how long your body retains these antibodies.

I was just putting the reason why I choose not to get it whether I’m right or wrong in my reasoning.

So what if the antibodies don’t last long?

What’s the worst that can happen?

You have to get the vaccine again – correct?

Maybe it gives people a false sense of security if they fade and we aren’t talking about it now, but if the antibodies are not retained very long, it’s a matter of time that becomes part of the dialogue, and then people start pushing a new does of vaccines

I don’t see the downside of getting vaccinated based on fading antibodies

What I think they want is for everyone to just give in to them, they just beat everyone down until it gets accepted. PC, is an example on a smaller less meaningful scale.

The true tale could be found by knowing the truth about the politicians that took the vaccine, did they really take it?

I’m old enough, that it’s more of an inconvenience to not get vaccinated, so I got it, and if I die from it, then I lived long enough, but I’ll be damned, if I try to talk my son into getting it

That’s the funny thing Steve, I don’t try to talk ANYONE into getting the vaccine. I have two sons, and both of them eventually decided to get it on their own. I never once told them to get it. On the other hand, I live my life and do what I want to do because I want to do it, and don’t really care about the evil boogymen like Gates, Soros, Bezos etc. I’m not either going to do, or not do something just because they are either for it or against it, they don’t even factor into the equation.

It’s not about them being for or against it.

We know what power they have, CA is an FN mess, because Newsome has been paid off by Soros.

It’s not if they’re are for it, but working with it, paying money to it, then saying they want to use vaccines to control world population

I work with 2 women that are pregnant. One just found out she was pregnant, she got the vaccine a few months ago after she lost both her father and grandparents to COVID. The other one knew she was pregnant and decided not to get the vaccine because it could be harmful to the baby, but now decided she doesn’t want to wait anymore because if she gets sick (we work in the healthcare field and deal with people up close), both her and the baby will be in jeopardy. Tough decisions.

Wow! Cleveland Indians are now the Cleveland Guardians! That’s just weird, but at least they only had to change 4 letters

• sb7mvp says:

Cleveland blocks! Cleveland blocks!

• sb7mvp says:

I just looked this up and found this blurb from an article

“The ballclub announced the name change Friday with a video on Twitter narrated by actor Tom Hanks, ending months of internal discussions triggered by a national reckoning by institutions and teams to permanently drop logos and names considered racist.”

“Narrated by Tom Hanks” seems like a Simpsons bit, but apparently he has ties to the city because that’s where his acting career got started.

There we go again with the beat down from the left

EVERYONE wants to have their cake AND eat it too. That’s why you buy the cake. Stop chastising people for wanting to eat a cake they got!

The fact that some are insisting others get the shot can be construed as dictatorial power, forcible suppression, socialistic or fascist.

Do as i say or i will ridicule and punish you.

that attitude belongs with the cuban or china govt. and it has become some of the leftist ideology in our country

i think that’s the real issue.

Mike, i’m going to put a leash around your neck and make you go and do what i want.

leftism

Rob – Why would you think I want to get into a debate with you about this? That’s the furthest thing from my mind. I just wanted to know who specifically you were talking about was insisting people get the shot, no more no less.

• ocalarob says:

not specifically you, just making a point.
      i’m also done with this shit.

i promised myself to avoid anymore poitical BS on this site and here i am down the rabbit hole again.

Wonder how they’re going to call holding this year, if it’s pre pandemic, guys like Josh Allen may take a step back

I love the signing of Griffin

You’d think after all this time to select a new name, the Indians would have at least chosen a decent one. The Guardians? That is pretty lame

Sell the team then

Why sell the team?

I don’t think Ross is a quality owner. I think we have a better chance with a better owner

I don’t know man, he’s tried everything and he spares no expense. Not sure what else he can do.

Run a professional organization which he doesn’t do very well. Stupid structure as to how they set up the front office. Stop spending stupid money on free agents, poor hires in coaching and front office until citing the Jim Harbaugh chase and being shamed into giving Tony Sparano an extension after that as an example. Now it does seem that we finally got a good gm and coach but there was a long period of pain and suffering in between

Yes, it finally seems so, so now let’s get rid of the owner

Ken – Are you serious Clark?

LOL, Washington DC has to be the worst in history with team names. They currently have three of the worst names in their respective leagues.

Washington Football Team – this name is basically saying you give up on life

Washington Wizards – only people who think LARPing is cool like this name, and none of them watch ‘that bouncy ball game’

Washington Capitals – What exactly are they being that they are pluralized? state capitals? So they are the Washington ‘multiple’ state capitals? capital letters? WTF that’s almost as bad as WFT…

21. bailbondmike says:

He is fast and good ST player.

BBM,

Have you ever watched a show called Utopia? There is a British version with two seasons and an Americanized version of one season (which is vastly inferior). You’d probably like it…or be terrified of it.

*****SPOILER*****
    The big twist is a covert agency is using a fake Russian flu virus to force a vaccine on the population that will make 19 out of 20 people sterile in an attempt to combat what the agency sees as the biggest threat to the world- overpopulation. They see it as a humane way to combat this threat. (The show was made in 2013/ 2014.)

The twist within a twist is the main antagonist is really trying to wipe out a specific race as well because they were mean to her when she was a child or something.

I’m not sure what more Ross can do as an owner. I know I don’t have the local experience of going to the games, but the guy spends money, doesn’t get too involved, ala Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder, and genuinely seems to be doing everything he has the power to do to try and get us a championship. He made a series of poor hires, but that is a crap shoot, and basically the whole league can say that about their owners.

24. bailbondmike says:

Go Big Red Machine!

Here we were, having a nice conversation, and you have to go and get all combative…lol

My Cards look like we’re finally trying to make a run. This is a big series

Ken, Ross made mistakes and he’s admitted as much, but it wasn’t like he wasn’t trying. As for signing big free agents that wasn’t his job. He finally looks to have done it right with FO structure, but it wasn’t like this franchise was a top team when he bought it. We were already in bad shape as a franchise.

It was insanity doing the same thing over…

What was the same thing over and over?

Every year Ross kept saying this was the year, so they’d go out and get high priced FAs, as if that’s all they needed to compete for a title, mean while they’re pushing the can to the next year (salary cap), until the dam broke

Those were the mistakes made by the people he hired. It wasn’t like he was signing and drafting players. Some of the stuff you guys are saying is acting like he was the GM and HC. We all know those guys failed. But you can’t predict success or failure. All you can do is keep trying. It’s not like he’s cheap and a meddling owner like other teams have.

I don’t think he knows a hell of a lot about football and brought in some bad people to guide him through the process such as Tannenbaum Gase and company. We had a pretty crappy culture in our team for a long time. Philbin getting rid of team leaders, Richie Incognito and Johnathan Martin incident and so on. It starts at the top. Now yes I think he finally found a good combo in Grier and Flores but hey everyone gets lucky sometimes. I don’t trust Ross to do the right thing

Those were the mistakes. We all know the history. But how do you predict all of that? Some of the stuff you mentioned was on the FO and coaches who were responsible for football operations. They failed and he fired them. At least things look to be in order now.

My opinion on Ross truly doesn’t matter. It’s not like I can go out and buy the team from him. I am aware I am stuck with him as the owner until he decides it is time to sell. I am just saying I don’t particularly like him

It’s a requirement on the blog when somebody espouses an opinion that at least 20% of us must comment on why that opinion is wrong. If you’d said you like Ross, I would have pointed out all the bad moves he’s made just to illustrate how you are wrong.

I like to do my part for the blog because I’m a team player- wait that doesn’t quite…nvmd 😉

The only hope I have as a fan for an owner of my team is someone who isn’t cheap and doesn’t meddle with things that aren’t their expertise. Other than that there is no guarantee of great success. So much has to go right. You just keep trying. Let’s hope we have it right now.

• bailbondmike says:

I agree. Ross is a far cry from a cheap owner. That’s coming from someone who had to endure Marge Schott’s cheap as owning the Reds in the 80’s and 90’s. When she got banned from managing the team it was the first glimmer of hope in a long time.

We did get lucky in 1990 with the Nasty Boys and winning the series though. Roster was still decent then.

The Mets were also stuck with the Wilpon’s for way too long. Glad that’s over.

Huizenga was no better than Ross. It was Huizenga after all, who handed the reins to an uninterested Bill Parcells to do as he pleases. That wasn’t Ross’s fault, he had to pick up the pieces after Parcells ran out on the Dolphins because Huizenga gave him an escape clause. Anyway, all Ross has done since he took over is try and improve the brand, spent whatever is necessary to do so, and wants to win, yet like Kong pointed out, doesn’t stick his nose into the business of football thankfully. I’ll take him over a lot of owners out there.

29. bailbondmike says:

My Cards look like we’re finally trying to make a run. This is a big series
    ————————
    It is big but a whole lot of season left. If the Cards are going to do it, their run is usually in the last 30 games of the season only to make me hate baseball again.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too
    I’m against mandates
    But if you can’t take advantage of all the information available to come to better conclusion – I’m going to judge you
    ——————————————————————
    If you look at all information available you will have a hard time choosing lol. There is shit out there one both sides supporting risk of both sides and they come from supposedly legitimate new sources, so no I’m going to completely disagree with you on that pointing nd that IS my point as to why no one should be chastised or called out for making to one best for them.

Your research has left you with your feelings on it, theirs has left them with theirs. If there was consistent and truly unbiased representation of it….maybe you move a little towards the middle and more people would be for it, but i still think that legitimately, people have decided against it for reasons that may not make sense to you but completely do to them man. I get you are a smart man and you have done the research, but don’t think that some of the others that disagree and aren’t getting it didnt arent the same and do the same.

If yall can pinpoint anything that Ross has done that really has ruined this team feel free to correct me but i haven’t seen where the guy hasn’t done everything in his power to make the team successful. He might have gone along with decisions to hire this guy or that guy and those might have been the wrong decisions in hindsight, but as Tim mentioned, he does what he can for this team, and he is invested in making it better so he keeps churning along trying to make improvements where he can. I know that OD hates him, but OD is OD, and he has his golden day goggles that he examines everything through, but other than him, which of you think he is an awful owner, hell how many of you can tell me why he hasn’t been anything but a great owner.

Oh and the guy gets behind his players and trys to make a difference in things that might affect them more than him. He recognizes they are trying to make change and he tries to help, do you see many others really stepping forward like that?

sb7mvp says:
    July 23, 2021 at 12:04 pm

July 23, 2021 at 12:16 pm
    I drink your milkshake!

sb7mvp says:
    July 23, 2021 at 12:17 pm
    You trying to bring all the boys to the yard?
    ——————————————————–
    I think he was just trying to see if it was better than yours.

33. bailbondmike says:

I’m still thinking of Piggy on the BBQ w/coleslaw, baked beans and sweet baby ray’s. LOL

I actually have a pork tenderloin on the smoker right now.

34. Krishna says:

I tried to start Friday tunes with Jimi Hendrix Watchtower. Oh well.

Mike, she did a rendition of Goldfinger at the Oscars I don’t know how many years ago, but she was in her mid 70’s and it was frickin awesome. I couldn’t believe this 70+ Y/O woman was belting it out like that.

I’ve mentioned it before, but it still shocks me that in the 60’s they were able to get away with the name Pussy Galore, even if Bond pronounced it like “Pooh-see”.

LOL, a high point in the Bond series. Yeah, pretty nuts they were able to do that. She just died last year too.

Krishna:

37. Krishna says:

Then follow it up with “Hey Joe”

In thought is best i can do….lol

38. Krishna says:

Then, I’ll wait for pp to pan Jimi….lol

Old Dolfan and I used to be co-chairs of the “I HATE STEVE ROSS CLUB”. But now even I have to say that Ross has done pretty well since he tried to get the city of Miami to finance his renovated stadium (and failed).

In fact, he’s had so many blunders and failures to even list… but he’s learned from those mistakes. Now I’m not saying that I’m suddenly a fan of Ross, but I’ve seen tangible growth out of him as an owner. Let us hope he finally found the right guys to make our football team relevant again… I truly think we’re close.

• Krishna says:

Thank you, Mike E. I just got home and was going to try to load it from my computer. I’m terrible with a cell phone.

Still one of my all-time favorites. The message is simple:

Be memorable for treating people well

41. Krishna says:

Once again I’m breaking the rules……

42. twicethethe says:

For Robby Steinhardt who passed away this week – co-lead singer and violinist for Kansas. Picked this song rather than some of the more obvious Kansas tunes, as he sings a lot of lead on this one and it’s a great song…

Lets go dancing!

Twice – really like Kansas. Good choice! I just found out a month or so ago that people of the south wind were natives of Kansas.

45. Krishna says:

Twice, I’ve played it 3x’s. Another favorite Kansas of yours?

Turn the sound off and enjoy!

Jevon Holland signed today. Two left.

48. twicethethe says:

Krishna – more Kansas…

49. twicethethe says:

Mike E – yeah Kansas has/had incredible talent – truly out of clear blue sky as rural Kansas isn’t exactly considered a rock band hotbed…cool on that fact about people of the south wind – Native American themes did come up in a few of their songs.

Krishna – I like Hendrix. But the Beatles still suck ass.

I went to a Kansas concert in Miami, i think it was 1978, Styx was there as well.

• Phindog says:

I think that was the same year that the tour made it to the Anaheim convention center. I was 13 at the time and a huge fan of both bands.

anyone ever had Plantar Fasciitis? been suffering from this shit for the last 6 weeks!

Rob, I also saw Kansas in concert, a few years later though. They were great! I think it was ’80 or ’81

Anybody watch Ozark?
    That was a good show, new season coming who knows when. Netflix.

Ozark is awesome! Looking forward to the new season

ORob,

I’ve known plenty of people who’ve had Plantar Fasciitis, and the cortisone shot that Phindog talks about up the board seems to be the most effective remedy. It’s worked for 3 of my family members and many more at my workplace, after trying all sorts of different methods to cure it.

Phindog isn’t kidding that it hurts like hell, but it should clear it up in no time. I’ve never heard of the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis returning after getting the cortisone shot, but that’s not to say it may never return at some point: everybody is different.

I hope this helps ya!

I bet it’s a bone spur and not plantar. Couple 800mg ibuprofen stay off it a couple of days you’ll be fine.

Just saw off your feet ORob

Feels like a actual summer here in nyc

It’s not raining

Bought an inflatable paddleboard from Amazon

Probably gonna head to Rockaway Beach tomorrow to test it

I’ve had the shot. Helped but came right back

Stop with the trotter fetish

According to my podiatrist it is not a bone spur

That sucks that it really is plantar the insoles are the only thing I know of.

GOOD NEWS on my oldest daughter’s fight against leukemia. My girl was released from the hospital a couple of days ago after completing another round of chemotherapy. Every day she survives is another feather in her cap. If she completes a series of treatments between now and late October without any setbacks they will declare her cancer to be in remission – – which means she might return to limited work. (She helps to research possible treatments for pediatric forms of cancer, a rather important area of medical research.)

AS FOR PLANTAR FASCITIS, I am, unfortunately, very familiar with it. NONE of the plantar insoles helped me one bit. But they are good for relieving the problem of too much money in your wallet. The BEST advice I ever got was to give up jogging (by a radiologist who had this disorder) and, instead, to turn to WALKING as a means of exercise. As long as I stay under 2 miles a day, I never have any pain in my painfully flat feet. BTW, they “old wives’ tale” that the military won’t draft young men who have flat feet is just that – – an “old wives’ tale,” as my 2 years of active duty in the army proves.

IS it just me, or did the Olympics get of to a somewhat inauspicious start?? I just CAN’T get very excited so far. But, maybe, the Olympic Flame of enthusiasm will finally embrace me.

HOWEVER, the impending start of football practices DOES get me excited! College football expert Phil Steele ranks Florida Atlantic as a co-favorite to win the Conference USA Eastern Division this season. Former U. of Miami starting QB N’Kosi Perry will be starting for FAU this season. And he’ll have 3 stud running backs to hand off to plus a solid offensive line to protect him. 10 of 11 starters return for what was a pretty good defense last season, so there’s plenty of optimism in Boca Raton. The Owls start off in Gainesville against the U. of Florida on September 4. The oddsmakers have this game as a one-sided affair. But, the last time these 2 teams met in Gainesville, FAU took Florida to overtime before eventually losing the game. Personally, I’m expecting another highly competitive game.
    —————————
    FINALLY, I’m REALLY looking forward to the coming season of Dolphins’ football!! I BELIEVE that, for the FIRST TIME IN THE STEVE ROSS ERA, Miami WILL WIN A PLAYOFF GAME!!! The Fins have not won a playoff game THIS CENTURY!! – – But I’m predicting that streak will end THIS SEASON!!!

Hope Y’all are in the best of health!!

Give you entire family the oinks!

Way to to go OD family

ocalarob says:
    July 24, 2021 at 6:14 pm
    I’ve had the shot. Helped but came right back
    ————-
    If the shot isn’t administered in the appropriate spot, it won’t work. My mother (retired), for example, had to get 3 shots until it hit the appropriate spot. Her (now former) podiatrist was a young buck, who has zero experience. She had to go out of network after two painful shots that didn’t work (thanks, 0BAMA!) to see a specialist.

The specialist administered the shot in the appropriate location. Don’t give up, ORob.

MY THANKS to WYOMING & PIGGY. Mrs. OD currently can get around the house without a walker or cane. But, for larger stores, she holds on tight to the shopping cart and, if needed, takes a few steps away from the cart using her cane. NOT SURE if she’ll be able to go to a Dolphins’ game this season. That’s probably a long shot. But she wants to give it a try, if she can.

Right now, I’m treating the 2021 season as if it will be my last season as a season ticket holder. In the future, I’ll be content to go to a game or two per season, sitting upstairs under the shade. Hopefully, that will include a good many more “FESTS” with you guys in the future.

That’s great that she can get around!

Maybe you can score some of the “handicapped” seats for her to enjoy?

71. bailbondmike says:

I know it’s late but…

Is it hard to hit a 98.6 MPH sinker right after seeing a 97.3 MPH rising four seam fastball?

Maybe I should just ask the St. Louis Cardinals….

or wait for Cav to respond. 🙂

That’s 6 straight losses to the Reds. It’s been that kind of season though. We’ve been losing to teams that won’t make the playoffs like the Reds all season, lol.

• bailbondmike says:

I forgot to end with #BIGREDMACHINE. lol

• bailbondmike says:

Like I said yesterday, the Cards will hang around all season then make their run the last month. Happens almost every year. I have to brag when I can. lol

lol, it’s all good. I enjoy good trash talkin’ banter, so when I poke back it’s always in fun 🙂

I think all I have is a bit of trash talk because we’ve been pretty consistent in our mediocrity this year and I don’t see it changing. We just can’t play complementary ball. When we hit, we don’t pitch, and when we pitch, we don’t hit.

Despite what I said above, I think you guys are a potential WC team, but I don’t see us as one.

72. bailbondmike says:

The Miami Dolphins restructured the contract of linebacker Benardrick McKinney, whom they acquired in exchange for defensive end Shaq Lawson and a 2021 sixth-round pick in March.

73. bailbondmike says:

Man, we have a shit load of DB’s and WR’s coming to camp.

74. Phindog says:

Guys I’ve been using my Texas Trio non stop since I got it and not one meal has disappointed. Smoking is new to me but me and my son have had great success so far.. we’ve done tritips twice and ribs, smoked beer can chicken and a few steaks that we grilled. This thing is awesome and had our rockstar neighbor over last night.. life is good 🐕

75. Phindog says:

One thing I can say is we are doing our part here in AZ, Every time we light the smoker it rains and we’ve been lighting it a lot .we are helping with the drought out here. Oh and it’s monsoon season as well. We’ve had more rain in two weeks than they have had in 4 years.🐕👍

76. Phindog says:

And BBM why is your Avi still a snowman?

77. bailbondmike says:

Anything cool or fun to do in or around Louisville?

78. bailbondmike says:

Ok, added a pic of me and wife to gravatar. It shows up next to my name when I am writing a post but when I “Post Comment” all I see is the ghost.

79. Phindog says:

Great pic of you and your wife. If I’m ever running from the law I would not want you chasing me down. 🐕

BBM I think there are some burbo. Distillery tours around there

81. bailbondmike says:

I was checking out the different caves but that county was just put in their “red zone” for COVID and may be shutting things down a bit.

Might do a distillery tour. Wife and I just watched a show on Netflix just this past Friday called Heist. It was true stories told by the criminals themselves of their plots and downfalls. It is 3 different stories, 2 episodes each. The third and last one was about this dude, “The Bourbon King”, making mad money stealing rare bourbon from where he worked and selling it.

It was Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon from the Buffalo Trace Distillery. He just got sentenced not long ago (2017).

It was a good show.

82. bailbondmike says:

D, haven’t done Blackwater in a couple years. I live in SW Pensacola closer to Perdido than to Pensacola. We mainly kayak out to the pass on the Perdido Key side where FT. McRee is.

Good to see the snowman melted into an avatar

bailbondmike says:
    July 25, 2021 at 9:02 am
    ——————
    I’m very curious to see how much money we saved this year by restructuring McKinney, who had been scheduled to count $7.2M against our cap this year.

Could be for any of X, Gesicki, or Ogbah… but then again, we’ve accumulated $17.4M in dead cap by releasing several players this offseason. Could be we just want cap space to roll over to next year, emergency funds to sign a FA in the event one of our studs goes down during the season, or maybe it IS to extend X, Gesicki, or Ogbah.

Something to watch for! Most interesting…

Chandler Jones was in New England with Coach Flo from ’12-’15. The only way this happens is if we trade X to the Cards, so as to stay under the salary cap. Don’t see it happening, being Chandler is 31 years old… but who knows?

Don’t we still have two draft picks left unsigned? Is it Long and Eich? Training camp in two days…

Dig the avi change, BBM. It’s always nice to put a face to someone.

• bailbondmike says:

Thanks! I’m at work so just used a pic I had on my phone. I may change it back to my old dog Macdaddy chewing up the Vick football which was my old avi then just disappeared for some reason.

Yup. Don’t know if it’s Long and Eich (but you’re probably correct), but our cap number shouldn’t be too much affected by their imminent signings. In other words, their signings are all but built into our salary cap as is.

I don’t think we made cap space for our Draft class, as that would show ineptitude on the worst levels of cap management. We made cap space for another reason, instead.

I’m not worried about the cap, my post wasn’t in response to anything you said. I want them in camp on day 1.

As do I. Don’t know what the holdup is, but I’d expect it to be cleared up within the next day or so. I’m 99% sure of it.

You’re probably right and they’ll be signed by end of day tomorrow. We always seem to get this crap taken care of without delay, so I wonder what the hold up is.

I know the 1st rd pay scale is structured, but aren’t all the other rounds structured too? It seems the contracts should be no-brainers.

Exactly, Cav Kong. I don’t know what the holdup is about, but I’m positive all will end well.

87. bailbondmike says:

—————————–
    I heard it could be as much as 6 mil off the books on his pay this year and spread out over the remainder of his contract as a signing bonus.

There was no dead money left on his contract for this year through 2023.

Why would they create a cap hit for 2022 and 2023 on him unless you were trying to clear up money for something this year?

IF what ya heard is true, I’d say it’s for re-signing purposes… yes.

McKinney was scheduled to make just north of $7M this year… is he willing to play for us for a mere $1M+ this year?

Can’t wait for the details to come out!

Someone here, I actually thought it was BBMike, had mentioned he would trade for Chandler Jones and a pick. It was a while ago, waaaaay before this news came out. Could have been D also, I’m not really sure.

• bailbondmike says:

Nah, my trade scenario was with Detroit and involved Trey Flowers who, like Jones, played for Flores in NE. I was asking for Detroit’s #2 which will be a high pick and Trey Flowers. AZ could be another scenario and yield a better player but the Det scenario would yield a better pick.

Jones is the better of the 2, IMO.

• bailbondmike says:

It may have been D.

Oh yeah, got Flowers confused with Jones. That’s what I was thinking of

It was me. One if a couple thoughts with regards to possible swap partners.

IMO I’d still want a pick with that trade, they are getting a younger player and a higher rated player at the position.

Another option that would be more even swap for me would be with the Vikings for Danielle Hunter who I think was also wanting to be traded or was discussing going somewhere belle when his contract was up.

89. twicethethe says:

Missed opportunity for the Cleveland Indians to rename themselves the Gwardians. I think I’ll call them that instead from now on…

Some medieval shit going on in Ft Worth.

Just just got my computer back after the move back home. Took four days despite the advice from a pretty good tech friend. Turned out was a bad cable…… didn’t even know there was such a thing.

Know that is boring but least gives a chance to make fun of me for being tech ignorant….. cause oh yes I am.

Crabs put out an article projectining the least wins the Phins can get.
    ————————————
    “Somethings that we know about Miami as things currently stand:

*** Their defense is better, deeper and more well rounded than last
    *** Their offensive weaponry will be able to create more explosive play
    *** The offensive coaching and schematics will be more tailored to Tagovailoa’s strengths”
    ——————————–
    He then says the floor for us this season is 7 or 8 wins if Tua is just like last year in a 17 game season. Won 10 last season.

Thinking that is only the floor if we get hit by the injury bug. And that does hit but not something that preseason projections are made of.

Full: https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-dolphins-floor-wins-2021-131203263.html

“▪ Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard, who did not participate in the team’s offseason program because he wants more money, has strongly been considering reporting for the start of training camp on Tuesday, according to an associate.”

“Though the Dolphins have not given him a raise, he would face a $50,000 daily fine if he holds out of training camp. The source said he remains unhappy about his contract but also realizes that he doesn’t ultimately control the situation because he has four years remaining on a five-year, $75.5 million extension signed in May 2021.”

“Howard has been training hard with the intention of playing this season. His agent, David Canter, declined to say if he will report to training camp.”

Who knows if this is true, but don’t see how skipping camp at $50k per day makes sense for him. If anything makes him harder to trade. If I was the Phins would tell him to let Canter explore what’s out there. Might bring some upper-side reality to the whole situation for him.

Yeah, an associate could just be ‘tails’, and a source could be ‘heads’, lol.

But honestly, he is in a limited window of prime years, I can’t see how it helps him at all to sit out a year when he’s at the top of his game.

With his health history and age wonder how much will be left in the tank in the 4th year of the contract he is on now. But then without checking assume that year and maybe the 3rd will be “cut” years. So can’t blame him to an extent. After last year time to cash in is now.

Maybe X will find a pile of hundies every time he goes down that slide
    Glad it looks like he’s coming back without a huge problem.

A FEW WEEKS AGO a phosphate processing plant failed a short distance south of Tampa Bay near Bradenton. The resulting spill poured millions of gallons of polluted water into the bay. Eventually, this poisoned water spread to most of the world famous beaches of Clearwater and St. Petersburg. Literally hundreds of thousands of TONS of dead fish came ashore, stinking up the place like nothing before in history!! Worst of all, for several days, there weren’t enough boats or people available to work these boats to haul away the unbelievable amount of dead and decaying carcasses. Pleas to declare a health emergency fell on deaf ears in Tallahassee as Gov. DeSantis and his cronies decided NOT to do a damn thing about it!! And a spokesperson for the phosphate industry there was no emergency as they decided to take only a few rudimentary steps to clean up their own property near the failed plant.

Meanwhile, many (most?) of the businesses, hotels and motels are now closed. Most of the beaches remain closed. The ONLY good to come of this was that some people who REFUSED to wear a mask to fend off the Corona virus were MORE THAN WILLING to wear a mask to help fend off the diseases and awful smells of rotting dead fish!!!

A few normally Republican local businessmen have let DeSantis and his Tallahassee cronies have it for giving them NO HELP during this crisis. And I’m sure this is only the beginning. TODAY, a helicopter overflew several of the briny inland waterways that lead out to the Gulf of Mexico. What do you think they found in these intercoastal channels???

HUNDREDS of HAMMERHEAD SHARKS surging to inland waters in an attempt to avoid the poisoned waters!!! Several boat owners who have their boats secured at the dock on the water side of their properties said these sharks were circling their boats and made them unsafe to try to board. “I hope these sharks don’t eat any of these boats,” said one home owner. Another mom said “I won’t let my kids get anywhere near the beaches or the water until these sharks are dealt with!”
    AS of this afternoon, most, but not nearly all, of the dead fish have been hauled away. But no one seems to have an answer for the “Hammerhead Issue.”

Where the hell is Quint when you really need him?

So it is over. God bless the final victim.

“Miami-Dade County has identified the final known victim of the Surfside condominium collapse, capping more than a month of recovering bodies and remains of the missing from the rubble of the Champlain Towers South complex.”

God bless all of the victims that’s a hell of a way to go

I WONDER if the state’s policy of examining these tall structures every 40 years will change?? You’d think a hurricane prone area such as southeast Florida would demand more frequent checks of these structures.

By the way, the name of the wayward company that did so much damage to Tampa Bay’s environment was, I believe, MOSAIC. Until just recently, they ran frequent ads on TV about how they “Carefully protected Florida’s sensitive environment.” However, those ads mysteriously ceased just a month or two before this recent calamity.

Coincidence? You be the judge.

—————–
    7-11 is back in biz

Looks as though A-Rod is going to return to the Pack for one more year, and Davante Adams seems to be returning as a result, after the Pack made so-called “concessions”. The BIGGEST LOSER? The Denver Broncos! LOL

Tom Cruise and his stunt double. Uncanny.

Wondering aloud… maybe it was Cruise’s stunt-double who jumped up and down on Oprah’s couch, and gave Matt Lauer a hard time on the “Today Show”… LOL

And yes, I’m just Kidman kidding, man. I can’t stand Thomas Cruise.

Am thinking Cruise is the one on the left, but not really sure.

Not a fan of Cruise the person , but do like a lot of his past movies. How can you grow up in the 80’s and not?

July 26, 2021 at 9:49 pm
    Am thinking Cruise is the one on the left, but not really sure.

———————-
    I’m surprised you hadn’t picked up on my clever use of words (Kidman = kidding, man). No, not kidding that I don’t like Cruise, but I thought it was at least somewhat funny!

Kind of like a Freudian slip, or somewhat like Clark W. Griswold in “Christmas Vacation”, or even kind of like some guy named “Mr. Subliminal” (Kevin Nielen) on SNL…

*Kevin Nealon

The Kidman comment was gold, pure gold. And like said don’t like Cruise and Scientology either.

Right there with ya on Cruise and Scientology, Brother.

And I’ll tell ya this, at least IMO… can’t beat the 80s! Yes, Cruise starred in some pretty good ones.

Will Smith came up in the late 80s as the “Fresh Prince”, part of the duo “DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince”. Loved him! His music was fun and most entertaining as a storyteller. Then, he went broke.

Quincy Jones saw the talent in young Will, and signed him to a TV contract: “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”… LOVED IT! That set in motion so many things for Will Smith, in terms of an actor.

Then, Will entered the church of “Scientology”, just as Tom Cruise had done. He’s so funked up right now it’s scary… he and his wife Jada Pinkett (a very close friend of Tupac Shakur for YEARS).

Will and Jada seem to be fighting demons against the dead 2Pac, suddenly out of nowhere as of late. It’s REALLY creepy, to be honest.

I’m 100% for freedom of religion, but the ‘Church of Scientology’ seems to be from a whole different dimension of sorts. People seem to lose their very souls and minds once they enter. Just an observation, nothing more.

L. Ron Hubbard (Battlefield Earth author) created the Church of Scientology as a tax scam. Then people started believing it. Just goes to show people will believe anything if it is packaged and sold well.

Sent the following email:

Dear so and so,

I wanted to make sure I took the time to thank you for the pigeon wings you sent us the other night. You must have been out of chicken wings and thoughtfully replaced our order with pigeon wings as they were significantly smaller than any chicken wing I’ve ever had before.
    And burnt to a crisp, who doesn’t love that.
    We went through Uber eats and we’re able to pay a premium for the “little crunchers”
    Thanks again
    Your pal, son

pheloniusphish says:
    July 27, 2021 at 6:21 am
    _____
    Not only that, he did it openly and without hiding his reasons. Really interesting how they infiltrated the government too. If anyone has never heard of Operation Snow White, it makes for some interesting reading.

Also, L. Ron Hubbard was a black man. His real name was L. Ron Hoyabemba! DATS RIIIIITE!

X marks the spot

2019 in Germany, scientology guys had a table setup in a tourist area trying to recruit.

Wanted to walk over and give them shit, but not about to do that in a non free speech foreign country.

They approached my brother, when he was in high school. At the time he had no idea who they were.

Leah Remini, former member, has a cable series, that exposes their bs

Its a good watch, and there have been other series on them, if they seem scary to you now, watching those series and you will become terrified of that group, they deliberately plant people in different parts of the government agencies in order to be able to have a heads up with the government might investigate them, and possible to influence things (though the series stated it was more for the heads up).There is a lot of scary subversive stuff going on with them.

• bailbondmike says:

Not to mention she has gotten sexier and hotter with age!!!

Was in LA over the weekend, and went to a Dodger Sunday.

Was too hot to sit in the sun, so we moved up to the last row behind 3rd base in the shade.

In the 2nd inning the usher came up and said these seats were taken by a large group, so we went further down the left field line and again took the last row.

Asked the racist guy sitting in front of us, if anyone was sitting there, he said no.

2 innings later security came up and asked for our tickets, then escorted us out of the section.

Told him I have skin cancer and can’t sit in the sun, he said, they normally ask people not sitting in their assigned seats to leave the park, because of my condition he let us stay.

There were 3 security guards and 3 cops standing there ready to escort us out.

What kind of FDup state has such rules?

• pheloniusphish says:

California’s FDupedness notwithstanding, that’s a stadium rule, not a state. I’ve never been in a stadium where they let you sit anywhere other than your assigned seats.

olddolphan says:
    July 26, 2021 at 8:30 pm
    ————————————————–
    They should because it is the foolish man that builds his house on sand…..believe i read that somewhere once.

The 40 year check would’ve worked, if it was enforced

My sister lives in a Daytona Beach 20+ story building right on the beach, but they’re always doing maintenence there.

The surfside bldg management just didn’t give a shit, expect criminal charges to be filed

im sure they have ways to overcome the sinkage, etc. but i just think its folly. Its asking for problems, combination of same scary conditions for tall buildings. Sandy ground, high water table, high winds semi consistently but chance for extreme winds occasionally in the form of hurricanes. Its high risk for profits, and eventually i think the risks will hit the law of averages. You are probably right though with the right maintenance it could have been fine, but its just a risky business with tall buildings on such potentially unstable ground.

sb7mvp says:
    July 27, 2021 at 9:29 am
    pheloniusphish says:
    July 27, 2021 at 6:21 am
    _____
    —————————————————————–
    Owe ya a beer it seems lol. I just stated that above. Its a scary as shit group. They literally have indoctrination camps where they use torture tactics to embed the beliefs in the heads of their fold, especially the ones that seem to be getting a wild hair to challenge them. They put surveillance teams on people they start to suspect, and all kind of shit. Threaten families, try to turn all close to them away from them when they stray, etc.

Tom Cruise is nutty as squirrel terds, but he is an amazing actor. I have a theory on actors. I think because they spend majority of their life being other people they lose themselves in the mix and thats why they become so eccentric and crazy. Money alone can do that to people but combine it with self imposed fracturing of ones persona possibly creating identity crisis /issues just seems to breed nutty. That’s why a lot of these people gravitate towards cults like Scientology.

With Tom think he’s also been living the life of other people with his sexuality

He and Travolta are 2 peas in a pod

Watched a little of Japan vs Spain in basketball, its easy to see how the host nation typically does well in the medal count

• pheloniusphish says:

Shocking.

That sounds like he’s out for the first 6 weeks of the season

I actually think that’s a good thing

Get Fuller and Waddle put there early working with Tua

If we lose some one by November, we will be adding Preston later

But the whole thing gets ugly if either Parker, Fuller or Waddle miss games early

I think Fuller is already out for week 1 for a PED violation

It’s just PUP he can and should be ready for the start of the season

Im under the impression that if you are on Pup to stsrt sesson, you miss 6 weeks

And the article infers that the plan is he will be on 🐶 at the start of the season

Phelon….It’s 100% true about L. Ron. Here’s a documentary.

That injury for Wilson is not a new injury that’s just recovering from injury from Last year

If you are in the PUP to start the season you kiss the first 6 weeks according to the article

So that sort of move sounds more precautionary than anything else

Maybe they don’t want to throwing to Grant and Bowden in December like last year…lol

I actually hate the idea of the SEC being that stacked

I actually think it potentially really hurts Texas and OK too

OK isn’t going 10-1 outside of the big 12

When you log on to the blog and catch up with other bloggers about the topic for the day

What Cruise does in btwnm ovies.

All 90 rostered players reported today for camp. X will get the headlines but means Ogbah too.

Daniel Kilgore retired. He did all right for us.

Pro Tip for telemarketers. If you begin your robocall when please don’t hang up…Imma hang right the heck up.

“Head coach Brian Flores said on Tuesday that Williams will open camp on the team’s physically unable to perform list.” Would have been a good sign if he was ready to go.

• sb7mvp says:

Would have been a good sign, but I wouldn’t be too worried about it given that it’s just training camp and he’s on the active PUP list

“A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the active/PUP list at the start of camp. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time prior to the start of the regular season, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice or game.”

A reason to be cautious given once off can’t go back. ACL injury was in early November though and obviously they weren’t willing to label him good to go. Even if start of the season is well off , would be nice to have him practicing.

Waddle or Wilson outside, if Preston can’t go game 1, or maybe puts Hurns in a position to make the game 1 53

son of a son of a shula says:
    July 26, 2021 at 9:13 pm
    They have their man

I LOVE YOU SON!! LOL!!

Man that one made me spit my coffee.

My scientology story:

I was in my early 20’s walking around a flea market when I saw their booth. This was back in the late 90’s before all the shyte came out about how nuts these people are. For fun, I did their little hold the cans test to get my ‘reading’. Part of the deal was I gave them my name and address. I spent about 5 minutes at the booth mostly laughing with my GF at their stupid test.

A week later I got a 4 page hand-written letter extolling the virtues of scientology, how great it was to meet me, how wonderful it would be if I could attend a meeting, etc.

I continued to get a full 3-4 page hand-written letter addressed and specific to me every 3 months or so for the next 3 flippin years. It was something like 15 letters. I never once responded in any way. I believe it only stopped because I moved and left no forwarding. The end.

Sounds like Scientology wanted you bad. Had some time to kill before an event once and took the e-meter test in like 2000. Needle didn’t move no matter what the guy asked. He was real bummed…. think he did believe in it. Didn’t give my address though thank heaven. Of all places that was in Sacramento 🙂

Everyone is signed and everyone is in camp. Howard did everything he could to try and force us to budge on his contract or move him, and we didn’t blink. Kudos to our FO. Just as big as getting the right guys in the building is how the FO handles these kinds of situations. This sets a strong precedent.

In the meantime, the BiPlanes haven’t signed their QB of the future and are well on their way to screwing up their relationship with him.

lol, I don’t understand in the slightest why they are dicking around with the signing bonus thing.

“Sure, we know the top picks get their signing bonus paid out right away, and sure we did it with Darnold, but we’re going with the ‘New Boss’ argument and aren’t going to pay your out right away. Just sign here…”

WTF?! Why would he accept that?

Jets want offset language, just in case he’s a BUST

So X reported. Awesome!!!

Two and a half weeks till the Fins first preseason game.

WOOOOOO HOOOO!!

And all three of our preseason games are on Saturday and Sunday, so I don’t have to worry about getting home from work in time to watch. Yessssssss

131. Krishna says:

Thank god football season has “started”!!!

Glad FO called X’s “bluff”. You signed the best CB offer in the league 2 years ago and played one of them.

A lot of that is agent driven, that’s their job. His client leads the league in INTs with 10, makes 1st team all-pro and the pro bowl and he’s now the 5th or 6th highest paid CB. It’s the agent’s job to say hey, this isn’t right. That window is only open for so long. I just hope X is on the field for us this season.

YOUNG STANGER and CAVKONG; Your comments on scientology reminded me of WHY, for some of us, freedom of religion means FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!!
    ———————
    A guy who was in my basic training class met me at a watering hole in San Antonio a few weeks after graduation. He was TDY at Ft. Sam and I was in X-Ray school at Brooke Army Medical Center at Ft. Sam. About 5 minutes later two Jesus freaks walked up to us as we were in the process of downing our favorite brews. One of them tried to interrupt our little beer fest by saying “You two need to stop drinking beer and find Jesus!” I responded, “I find a little bit of Jesus every time I down a beer.” But before the Jesus freak could respond, my friend said “If you ever interrupt me again in a bar, I’ll take this beer bottle and dial operator in your face!!!” With that, the 2 Jesus freaks headed quickly to the exit. About 3 seconds later a burly bartender said to my friend, “next time just give me a nod in my direction and I’ll help them to the door. I really don’t need any more trouble in this bar.”

I replied, “I think Jesus would approve of your approach, Mr. bar tender.” With that said, he agreed to give us each a second beer on the house!!

LOL

LOL — threaten the evangelicals and beer is on the house.

I have to say I get a kick out of people who tell others what they should believe in as if they know Jesus or some other deity personally. Talk about being self absorbed.

• Krishna says:

Perfect…..Mrs K asked me to be nice, at first, when they came to the door. Then, after a few comments that I made challenging their positions, she agreed it was best not to engage with them….LOL!

I did the same thing to Jehovah’s Witnesses a few times in my life. I was always respectful but asked for the same respect to think differently. Sorry but I always feel that these people are heavily indoctrinated like many other cults. As if recruiting as many people as you can will save the world and make them feel better about themselves.

If a God is almighty, why do mere mortals think they know what God is all about and feel the need to speak for him/her? That’s pretty narcissistic.

• Krishna says:

No argument from me….

TIME for the Old Dolfan to have his last Coors Light for the evening and then walk the greyhound. I’m sure I’ll feel closer to Jesus by the time my head hits the pillow!

134. Krishna says:

TK, agents do what they do for their clients and not in the best interest of the team they’re on. Sometimes I see that as contradictory for both the team and player. In this case, for sure!

At the very least, X needs to lay it down for another year, if he can. Then, we’ll talk….

Cheers OD keep it up man, keep the faith, keep the strength brother. Dolphins magic approaching stay strong. God bless your family.

Good move X

Now go get 12 – shit get 13 you get an extra game this year

Love you Rock

ER, please check in Rodgers is coming back you must have something to say.
    What’s up bro

About what I was expecting up until today. Let the drama continue.

Come on X you sound like a spoiled brat. Play Football mother fucker, just shut up and play football you’ll be fine I promise

Someone: Son why the hell did you use Uber eats?
    Son: because our place we usually call was closed
    Someone: so call someone else or use Uber eats or one of the other services
    Son: we did, we texted our daughter who was out of town and asked her to get wings sent here and she did. It was beautiful except that they were probably Cornish Hen wings for crying out loud.

I know a great place to get hummingbird wings

• Krishna says:

Lol….the legs and thighs I grill beat any breast out there. I like tender, juicy legs and thighs, and breasts come out pretty good, too. Dark meat v white meat…lol

Fuck Howard. Trade him to Houston. Or Detroit. Fucking prima donna.

She never eats ten, she woofed down 10 before you could blink on those things she was into my ten before I was into hers lol
    It’s why I don’t order 30 lol

” In 2018 I signed an extension that I’ll admit I didn’t completely understand, or feel comfortable with.”

Woe be me that I became the highest paid CB in the league before the breakout season. And X had an agent right?

• pheloniusphish says:

Signed an extension making him the highest paid CB coming off missing 10 games. Hope they trade him and leg falls off his first game.

I don’t think X is a spoiled brat. He is an elite player who wants to be viewed as such. There are not a lot of corners on his level. There is a moment in time when a person can really cash in. This is his time. It’s no different than any other field in life.

145. Krishna says:

Yeah, right!

July 27, 2021 at 8:48 pm
    —————-
    Agreed! Just realize that some of these people worship the government (communism) instead of Jesus, and the likes of their leaders (see the Castro’s, Mao, Stalin, Kim-Jung’s, Che Guevara, Hugo Chávez, etc, etc).

Be careful about what ya wish for: I believe in freedom of religion, rather than a dictatorship. 🙂

Totally agreed. It’s all cults and narcissists. I’m tired of all of it. Stop telling me what is and what should never be. Individuals create freedom. Cults and groups do not. Tribal mentality for survival is one thing, to indoctrinate for some agenda is another.

The ball is in all of our courts.

Son: I emailed ER .. he will be back around in a bit ….

I’ll say it now – Javon Holland will only come off the field when we’re on offense and even then I give no guarantees

Stephon Gilmore wants a new deal too. Fans always want guys on home town discounts when NFL teams will throw you away like garbage when they’re done with you. X is seeking the best cash in moment in his career. I’d do the same thing. The best ballhawk in the last 5 seasons per game is X.

So if you’re the best, all of you would say no I’m cool with being viewed as 5th or 6th? Lot’s of humble people here. LOL

X is on an Ed Reed level as a corner as opposed to safety. You don’t let players like that get away. You spend all your time trying to find them and then fuck around with it? Dumb!

That’s fine that he wants it and I don’t blame him but he sounds like a bitch sort of. Calm down dude you’ll get your just rewards. Everything we’ve done with him suggests long term commitment it’s not like they reduced his contract. Get 14 picks this year and watch that contract become north of 20 mill.

“I’ve played on that deal for two seasons and didn’t complain…”

Um, you mean you didn’t complain when you were the highest paid cornerback in the league and played 5 games that 1st season of ‘two’ seasons you’ve played on that deal?

July 27, 2021 at 9:49 pm
    I took it as a sign he didn’t want to pay $50k per day. Especially now that he’s asked to be traded.
    ————–
    Might have missed it today, but did X officially ask to be traded now?

X nobody worth a shit can handle your contact you’re in a great situation just ball out go feel what winning is start there it will all fall into place.

Be as unhappy as you want that your deal didn’t get reworked after one great season. You have zero leverage. You want to be paid at the top of the league every year or do you want long term commitment? You can’t have both.

If you think your knees will hold up, then sign one or two year contracts like Revis did, but no, you wanted to have the security of a long term contract, and it’s a good thing you did otherwise after that 5 game season you wouldn’t have gotten near the guaranteed money that you got on the extension at the beginning of that season.

Son is right, he sounds like a whiner. “Boohoo, I’m not the highest paid on my team”, then talks about being a professional out the other side of his mouth, smh.

If he’d had two stellar seasons in a row, I’d probably feel a lot different about this situation and more likely to be on his side that he’d outplayed the contract, but one season at well below par, and another at the top, nah. Quit bitching and play another great season, then maybe you’ll have outplayed the contract.

Although, on a side note, my solution a month ago was to make him the highest paid CB on team, and it sounds like that would have done the trick.

We don’t know that. His hurt position was “didn’t want a new contract, just to redo the old one.” They could redo the old one into a completely new one. And if more money wasn’t part of it why does he keep biotching about Byron Jones getting paid so much? Only Q is how much more he wanted. Ramsey gets $21 mil per year.

From his statement it’s pretty clear he was unhappy at being 2nd highest paid on his team, and that he feels disrespected. He also says one of the proposals was just to up the guaranteed money. I think it’s an easy line to draw that making him highest paid on the team by increasing his money 4-5 mil a year would have been sufficient.

As for your “And if more money wasn’t part of it…” what the heck are you talking about? More money is part of it.

He says — “We wanted things to work out with the Dolphins, and brought solutions to the table — like guaranteed money — that we felt were win-wins for both sides.” Doesn’t actually say was asking for more money, even if clear.

I thought it was pretty clear too, so not sure why you’re saying ‘we don’t know that’, lol.

I think it’s obvious he wanted to be paid more, either yearly or in guaranteed money.

Jones was paid more yearly, and also had a couple mil more in guaranteed money, so again, seems pretty clear, if we made Howard the highest paid CB on the team or we upped his guaranteed money, that would have solved the issue.

I was saying we don’t know that just making him a bit higher paid than Jones would do it.

Ok, I’ll give you that we don’t KNOW that, but again, taking his statement at face value, I think it clearly would have.

That is some of the weakest sauce I’ve ever seen splashed, lol.

I’ve watched enough replays to realize that X could have possibly had 13 INTs last year.

Maintaining my point of negotiation: tear up the current contract and re-sign him for 3 years, frontload that biatch, making him the highest-paid CB in the NFL to date, and making it all the easier to cut him in year 3 should his knees fail him.

If his knees don’t fail him, then we can think about re-signing him.

He should bet on himself!

Guys… X doesn’t have one good season under his belt. He had 7 picks in 2018 which was tied for first in the NFL, forgot with who. It’s not all about INTs either, he doesn’t give up a lot of receptions per game. He’s our Revis and now we have to act like he’s not that good because we don’t want him to make more money and fuck with our cap. Teams can always make that work.

What player on our team is better than X at their position? I’ll tell ya, nobody! He’s an elite player. 22 picks in 56 games the last 5 seasons is the best in the NFL, not on our team, the best in the league. Not counting all the shut down coverage and PD he gives us.

Sorry I pay talent like that.

I just got at David Canter. Hopefully, he entertains my advice. I don’t want to lose X either, Brother.

You now, I almost qualified my remark about one stellar season because I knew someone would need it spelled out.

He signed a deal that made him the highest paid CB in the league. Since he signed that deal, he has one great season and one shitty season. That doesn’t qualify as outplaying a deal in my book.

Howard has played 16 games in a season twice in 5 years. He has missed 25 of 80 games. Y’all keep saying he’s an elite CB – how many play off games has Miami been in since he was on the team? Let me answer that for you. One. And he only played in 7 games that year and had 0 interceptions. He had a career year last year because Miami signed Jones and created a pass rush. He benefited from the scheme and the team. Now he thinks he is the team. Miami will be just fine without him. Fuck him, his little hurt ego, and the horse they rode in on.

That’s not how it works… UNLESS Iggy is ready to man the boundary opposite Jones.

When we drafted Iggy, we already knew we were paying through the nose for the tandem of X and Jones.

Short and sweet: if Iggy isn’t ready, X is worth every penny.

• pheloniusphish says:

That’s exactly how it works. Whomever replaces him will benefit from the same things he did.

If you sign a contract that you don’t understand or feel comfortable with….isn’t that on you and your agent? You can always choose not to sign something you don’t understand or feel comfortable with….dumb ass.

Not a chance in the world X actually wrote that statement. The “oh didn’t get the contract” part was just giving a reason why he wants a bunch more less than 2 years after signing it and with four seasons left.

Howard didn’t just request a trade…… he did it on Instagram. Don’t the Flores regime will take kindly to that. Ross neither. Think he will get his wish on that. And probably fairly quickly. These guys are team first. He turned into a Minkah scenario.

X has had some injury issues, no doubt. He’s only played in 56 of 80 games in a 5 year career. When he does play he’s one of the best. Played in all 16 games last year, had his best season and some of you act like he’s on one leg. I give up!!!! Trade him and hope for the best with his replacement. Be careful what you wish for. 😉

I personally am hoping we don’t trade him. He reported, he says he’s not going to hold out. Let him play out the season, and he can grumble to the press if he wants to. If he balls out again, he’ll get a reworked contract with either us or with another team next year.

• pheloniusphish says:

How can you trust him not to half ass it?

Phel, he only hurts his own money if he does that. If he gets hurt this season or plays subpar, nobody is going to give him a pay increase, and that is what he’s looking for.

IMO our only danger of him half-assing it is if we ourselves have a shitty season. If we drop a bunch of games the 1st half of the year, he can half ass it, and teams will see it as he was saving himself from injury. If that happens, I know I won’t care if he phones it in, I’ll be pissed at the team, lol.

• Krishna says:

Wishing for a team player first….doesn’t seem like that

Son. I agree with you on Jevon Holland. He might be our best rookie this year. There’s something about this guy that makes me think special. 🙂

REALLY like Jevon Holland… but I think Richie Grant should have been our selection if taking the first Safety off the board. We’ll see!

Holland fits better and why he was selected.

What good does it do to select the best player, if he isn’t as good of a fit?

Let’s be honest with one another: X should have won the DPOY award last year.

• pheloniusphish says:

After all he got Miami to the playoffs….oh wait…

That brings up the age-old question of MVP for his LEAGUE or to his TEAM? Yeah, that’s an interesting question and debate!

Personally, I always go for the best in the league… just me.

My rationale? You have TEAM MVPs, right? But if we’re talking about LEAGUE MVPs, shouldn’t it be the best player in the league?

I’m opening a can of worms, and I know it! LOL 😉

• Krishna says:

We don’t owe X shit, X owes the Dolphins. Pp’s right or I agree about the scheme. It lets everyone ball!

Don’t want to see X leave, but FU X.

That bs about not knowing what he signed…

He signed before his contract was up, because of his knees, and got front loaded, because the team had cap space

This is what they can do with Howard. Offer him one year $5M and then he is a FA in 2022. He has to ball out to get his big payday. MIA eats $2.8M dead cap next year, but should pick up a 3rd round comp in 2023. If Howard gets what he thinks he is worth. If he gets injured again and can’t get more than vet minimum as. FA or his career ends, oh well. He can always give blowjobs in an alley for his next rock.

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

One of Howard’s offers was to move money from later years into this year. Then what? Next year he wants it again? Stephon Gilmore anyone?

Jones has missed 3 out of a possible 96 games. Not many interceptions, but I wonder why QBs would rather throw at the “ballhawks” than at Jones.

• Krishna says:

Preach on, man……

I wonder about the locker room, too.

It better be all “it’s just business”. He’s part of the “team” now or he’s out. Bet Flores has made that clear to him?

Everyone has decisions to make and in doing so it affects others,
    No need to make X a villain, regardless of who’s right and who’s wrong it’s business, he has the right to better his financial situation.

can he pull it off? i doubt Miami will budge on negotiations but they may trade him.

otherwise i’m sure he will play under his current contract, he won’t leave all that money on the table, him showing up at training camp proves that.

I don’t like drama at work and X is definitely drama. I don’t like excuses like “I didn’t understand it” when you pay an agent millions to help you with that. I think he’s a valuable piece that we can use until he gets hurt this year and then go from there. It takes a big person to watch a person get more money to bring worse results and I’m not that big of a person either so I understand his anger at least.

I’m also a bit surprised they reworked McKinney’s deal. I know he’s almost 30 but it seemed to be a team friendly deal and LBs don’t completely fall off the wagon either. Miami is the Logan’s Run of football teams.

Some have said Xs unhappiness is just agent talk. Maybe the words used are, but the motivation is from him, because he recently switched agents to seek new money

What kind of a guy tries to hit up social media for sympathy, when he’s got no justification for being a little bitch?

There’s a reason he gets thrown at a lot, and it isn’t just because he’s covering the opponents best receiver.

Not saying he isn’t a great CB, but he isn’t as great as he thinks, and availability plays into that

He says in the comment he is just here to avoid being fined and will handle it like a professional

That to me says he will play at 100% if he’s not traded

So I just don’t do a thing and let him play under the current contract for now
    Dolphins really have nothing to lose except one unhappy player right now

Let’s see how he handles himself on the field

That’s the only thing I care about
    I don’t care about what he said, where he said or how he said it or why he said if

I only care about his performance on the field

We are still bringing Iggy up. Let’s see how he comes along in 2021. Maybe he can replace him.

In 2022, Howard’s cap hit is much lower. I don’t see any benefit of trading him now unless we get an incredible offer

The Dolphins are in the drivers seat

Nothing personal against X, but I don’t want his contract disappointment to derail the direction of the team

I just don’t see how the team has any other option but to let him remain unhappy right now

We’re 8.6m over the cap now with the McKinney restructure, Holland and Long signing.

Long’s contract didn’t make the top 51.

Eichenber’s contract hasn’t hit yet, but will only count about 500k net.

After it does we should be just over 8m

Don’t get the McKinney restructure, from his POV.

Thought he was this great LB, so why would he take a paycut of 4m+?

Just to get to FA next year?

I would have rather we just paid this year’s salary as a bonus

If X balls out again this year, we really would have no choice, but to pay him, if we want to keep him, and he’d likely win that public opinion war

Shuffle up and deal time with X

Don’t really need to speculate anything further, just wait for a trade, that I think is unlikely, unless it’s a Tunsil, no reason to keep this drama going

179. bailbondmike says:

Some say he is worth it, many don’t think so. TBH, when he got that 75 mil extension making him the highest paid CB, I thought he got over paid a little. Some on here thought the same thing then. This after only playing 35 of 48 games (only 1 full season out of 3) and recording 11 INT’s in those 35 games.

Since the new contract he has played 21 games. That comes out to him getting paid over 1.1 mil a game the first 2 years of his extension. He has only played in 70% of our games.

For him to say he did not know what he was signing is total BS. I guarantee you him and his agent were skipping all the way to the bank after that deal. He got a very good deal for the amount of games he has missed.

Is he elite? IMO, hell yeah. Is he worth more money? IMO, maybe. He has to prove to me that he can stay healthy for at least 2 seasons in a row which he has not done.

I am with Phelon. Give him a prove it deal. Though, I would give him more than 5 mil. I would give him what he is supposed to make now.

With the McKinney restructure, article I read said we have no dead money for 2022, which sounds good, but just means we don’t currently have any dead carryover.

Once the cuts/traded come in we’ll have some for guys like Grant or Hurns and maybe X.

We have about 33 players likely to make the team, that are under contract for 2022, and 62m projected under the cap.

Looks like a lot, 62m for 20 players isn’t that much, but it does give us flexibility