2022 Miami Dolphins Schedule

So now the mystery is revealed, the 2022 NFL Schedule has finally been released. By the amount of “Prime Time” games the Dolphins have received, 3, it appears the NFL schedulers don’t believe the Dolphins are a top tier team. The Dolphins do get a Thursday Night Football game against the Cincinnati Bengals in Cincy Week 4 (September 29th) for PT game #1. The Pittsburgh Steelers will visit the Dolphins for a Sunday Night matchup Week 7 for PT game #2 (October 23rd). The Dolphins final prime time appearance will be Christmas Day, home against the Packers. There’s another theory floating about that the Dolphins get a bit of a slap in the face, specifically Dolphins owner Steve Ross, for the whole Brian Flores’ lawsuit fiasco, and of course the tanking controversy that comes with it. I’d love to think it it’s the latter rather than the former, but we’ll likely never know.

I’m surprised and disappointed the Dolphins only get 3 prime time games, considering the Chicago Bears also get 3. I was shocked to find out this morning as I listened to WQAM as weekly guest Mike Florio from PFT agreed the Dolphins should have more prime time appearances. If Mike Florio says the Dolphins should get more respect, rest assured we should get more respect!Moving on from prime time games, we face FOUR Prime Time teams in a row. We will host the Patriots Week 1, then travel to Baltimore to face the Ravens. We go back home to face the Bills, who we just have not belonged on the same playing field with. Then we travel to Cincinnati to face the Super Bowl runner up Bengals. That’s a tough stretch right there.

In Week 13, we start our second tough stretch with 3 road games starting with the a West Coast trip to San Francisco to play Darlene’s 49ers. We stay on the West Coast in Cali to play to the Chargers in Los Angeles in Week 14. Then back to the East Coast to face our nemesis and division rival in the cold climes of Upstate NY to face the Bills. Then we face the Green Bay Packers for a toasty warm Christmas Day matchup. Then up north again to meet up with the Patriots in Foxboro on New Year’s Day. The season finale will be at home against the New York Jets.

I think those two tough stretches will define this team. Will HC Mike McDaniel be able to start strong facing four very formidable opponents right out of the gate? The middle of the season may provide a little relief with the Lions, Bears, Browns and Texans, but we will need to be in good enough shape at that juncture to be a playoff team, we can’t be 1-5 or 2-4, because the schedule gets pretty tough right after that facing the Niners, Bolts, Bills and Packers, and then a tough matchup against the new and improved Jets for the finale.

Let the Fest deliberations begin!

#Stangerstrong

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Note: The Fest Poll is on the right of the screen – Please vote if you wish to attend a particular date. Thanks

1,394 Responses to 2022 Miami Dolphins Schedule

I harken back to the days when we drafted long striders and their families to try and get speed and get a little damp spot she I think of Hill and Waddle on the field together

Shit that’s a bad turn post LOL

Hill and Waddle are going to open up so much on offense. During last year’s draft Waddle was compared to Hill. Now we added Hill with him. Yikes!

Plus they’re teaching these blockheads on the line how to really block someone. Most of the people will call us a surprise when actually we are just arriving on schedule.

Agreed. Mike McDaniel did a really good job bringing in experienced coaches who are teachers.

Stanger:,Plus 1 , with a small chance of plus 3

Rock, glad to see you with the early Fest commitment most years you waffle until September. Love hanging out with you man.

6. naplesfan2010 says:

Stanger,
    it’s a go for my wife and me for the Vikes game.
    Thanks for this enormous amount of leg work that you do.
    Go Dolphins!

7. naplesfan2010 says:

PFF off season grade
    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Offseason Grade: C-
    Free Agency Grade: Below Average
    Draft Grade: D

While the rest of the AFC was in the midst of an arms race this offseason, the Patriots were sitting largely on the sidelines. Free agency saw some minor moves such as acquiring linebacker Mack Wilson in a trade with Cleveland or signing cornerback Terrance Mitchell, but it was more about re-signing their own players. However, trading away guard Shaq Mason to the Bucs for just a fifth-round draft pick raised some eyebrows and certainly didn’t make them better in the short term.

When the draft rolled around, the Patriots made the one massive shock move of the first round, drafting Chattanooga’s Cole Strange to fill that guard spot on the offensive line. They continued to make surprising picks throughout the draft and were widely considered to have had the ‘worst’ draft in the league.

8. naplesfan2010 says:

My thought on the Vikes (wayyyy early to be game planning, but hey it’s the doldrums of May)
    If we hold Jefferson to 5 catches, Cook can still beat us if he goes off for 150.
    I suppose if Jefferson gets 5 and 2 or 3 are TDs, we are still losing, but I think Hill and Waddle can match Jefferson’s stats, so we’ll need to score on D or from our run game.
    But if we hold Cook to say 87 and no TDs, even if Jefferson gets 7 for 104 yds and 2 TDs, we’ll win.

9. naplesfan2010 says:

Tyreek has averaged more than 9 TDs receiving per year over his entire career, and now it’s a 17 game season. He got 15 in 2020. Sure, Tua is not Mahomes, but he ain’t Blaine Gabbert either.

The REAL American Hero?

People tend to think Mahomes/Hill were all deep throws and TDs and that’s not the case. Hill has always been a YAC guy more then a pure vertical threat. A lot of Hill’s big plays were also off of Mahomes running around and Hill improvising. Tua is more of a rhythm QB so with Hill and Waddle, I see more of a Duper/Clayton threat where opposing defenses will not be able to contain them both without doubling them, and if they do other skill players will make them pay. We’re not going to be easy to defend.

10. naplesfan2010 says:

Phillip Lindsay signed with the Colts. Oh well.

Son, I always enjoy hanging with you too. Looking forward to it this year.

The first game always seems to fall around the week of October 22 which is my Brother’s birthday and we always used to plan trips together that week so it would conflict.

We are not talking much lately so there will be no birthday trip this year. All in on Fest. I might even get a hotel for the weekend and pretend like I flew in. LOL

• manitobafinfan says:

OMG you used the ALL IN Trigger phrase 😱🤡

Oh I’m going to put on my Holland jersey right now
        🐬🐧🐆☃️❌💨💥

Too bad about bro, just remember life is short don’t stay mad at each other too long.
      You should stay then me and Stubbs will have Krishna and you to get to your rooms so you can feel like shit for the game.

Stanger- Doggies are a possible 2, maybe 3 at the moment. They need to verify availability and will let us know. Right now just possibles though

Sonny – I love hanging with you too bud

Man, the National Anthem never fails to raise the hair on my arms. I get goosebumps no matter how terribly a hack 9 year old mangles it at the Panther’s game. LOL

15. Capt. Stubbs says:

Toba.. I’ll try to catch one of those big iguanas for you this time , I may bring it into Dave and Busters…. that should clear the place out a little bit. Don’t know many people from Canada however if you’re the ones that represent… you guys rock. Say hello to the wife from me. Hope you all are doing great

16. naplesfan2010 says:

just a heads up
    I just started searching for a hotel room for that Vikings weekend, and I’m already seeing that crap of “3 rooms left” or “2 rooms left at this price” so if you guys are coming, remember, FinsMob can fill up all of MiamiDade accommodations by ourselves, so book early so you don’t have to stay in Belle Glade.

17. Krishna says:

Stanger, just confirmed +3

Krishna says:
    May 17, 2022 at 7:56 am
    I apologize to anyone, and especially Herd, if I came across as insensitive or not caring about the well being of children or women…
    ————
    It takes a man to apologize and a child to not. You’ve earned respect from me, Krishna.

• Krishna says:

Sometimes you fuck up even when you don’t mean to. I fucked up….

Each and every one of us has fucked up at times here, man. Don’t be too hard on yourself. We all live and learn, ya know? So long as we learn, we improve as individuals. 🙂

By the way, you have the right to your opinion! We all have them, we all just need to try harder not to shove our opinions down the throats of others.

May 17, 2022 at 1:46 pm
    Thought you asked about such, but cool. Help me pester people on the “should go to the Fest” list. Talking people like BBM, Herd and Wyoming. Tim and M13 too but they are hard sells.
    —————-
    Man, I’m anything but a hard sell. It’s just that my schedule is so messed up and I’ve too many responsibilities that I cannot drop anything with only 4 months advanced notice. Suffice it to say, I’m literally booked over the next 7 months.

I could try to ‘hooky’ my way out of it, but that’s far easier said than done when so many people are depending on me to show up for pre-arranged dates.

Very, very solid reports from camp today. And let’s face it, that’s a rarity coming from our beat writers.

Expect the Defense to get the upper hand soon, because that’s just how it works. But it’s pretty awesome to hear that our Offense is surprising the hell out of our Defense early on.

I don’t do ‘fantasy football’, but I’d highly suggest that if Tua is available in your league… nab him now.

‘fantasy football’ is all about points via production. It’s mathematical. It scores skills players not the depth of teams. But it does tell the story.

I can’t do it, man. I tried it once before a long time ago, and I found myself rooting against our Phins for my own benefit.

Rooting means nothing. You just let it happen. LOL

23. naplesfan2010 says:

I totally agree with MF13.
    I do not do Fantasy Football.
    Same reason,
    plus
    it ain’t real.
    Actually though,
    I’m not much into fantasy, of any kind, even movies.

24. randydolfan1947 says:

WELL THE RODNEY DANGERFIELDS of the NHL got no respect from the odds makers today when they made the home standing Florida Panthers 1 and 1/2 goal favorites to defeat the two-time Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning in the opening game of their best-of-seven series!!–“Anybody want to give me the Bolts and a goal and a half for tonight’s game?” NO ONE in my office said a word!!! Then I said “Tampa Bay ought to be favored by a goal and 1/2, NOT THE PANTHERS!!!”
    —————————
    Early on, Florida made the odds makers look smart as they took a 1-0 lead after one period. It was 1-1 after two periods, but the Bolts were beginning to take over the game. Sure enough, Tampa Bay outscored the Panthers 3-0 in the final period and won going away 4-1. The following factors made tonight’s game a winner for Tampa Bay;
    1) The lethargic Panthers made ZERO power play goals in their 6-game series against a beat-up Washington Capitals team. And they FAILED in the several opportunities they had tonight, including a 2-man advantage in the one instance.
    2) The Bolts Andrei Vasilevskiy was sensational in game 7 of their last series against against Toronto, giving up just a single goal. He repeated that feat tonight, giving up just one goal. You’re not going to win many games vs. the Lightning scoring just a single goal!!
    3) Nikita Kucherov, a former MVP of the NHL two seasons ago, was the best player on the ice tonight. When he’s on, he’s virtually impossible to control.
    4)Brayden Point, out for tonight’s game, wasn’t even missed. A group of players filled-in for him and made big plays when they needed them. POINT, the leading goal scorer in the NHL Playoffs since 2018, would have been a nice addition tonight. But the Bolts’ superior depth was vastly under rated by the odds makers! I’m guessing the odds makers WON’T make that mistake again any time soon!
    ———————-
    Other factors could be cited. The Panthers had 3 days to prepare for this game, the Bolts had just 2. But two days off is enough IF you already have the best team and the best head coach (Jon Cooper). As they did vs. the Capitals, the Panthers seemed to lack “ZIP” at certain times during this game, especially in the decisive 3rd period. THAT, plus a totally unproductive power pay, doomed the home standing Panthers to defeat.

A FINAL THOUGHT. The Florida Panthers COULD HAVE USED A NOISIER, MORE CRAZY LEVEL OF SUPPORT FROM THEIR FANS. And believe me, if Panther fans don’t “BRING IT” to the next game, they’ll likely see their boys go down 2-0 to the best team on the planet (that includes Colorado you Avalanche fans)!!!
    ———————–
    GO BOLTS!!

25. naplesfan2010 says:

Schein says:
    “Tyreek Hill is the most explosive wide receiver in the game; putting him in the same receiving corps as Jaylen Waddle is borderline illegal. “

26. Krishna says:

I would like to make an appeal to our defacto Queen of the Mob (Herd)…lol, hopefully on behalf of all.

If at all possible, it’d be great to have you go to the Fest.

Those that have Queens have brought theirs. The Mob is well-behaved, mostly…lol.

My Queen was concerned her first time after I read some of the content here to her. She actually visited twice and the second time after grave terms.

It’s another perspective, for sure.

By the way, there is no King of the Mob and that’s probably a good thing….lmao.

The Baltimore game is only an hour from me, but I really want to go to the Met Life takeover this year. I was supposed to go last year, but then bailed at the last minute.

The Met Life is a fun time. I would be interested in going to that as well but it is the week before the fest so not sure how that would play out

Thanks for acting so fast guys. Have the whole IN list except for Brian NY and phelon confirmed. And hoping on the Dogs.

Still room for more…..

Chef Wa (+1)
    Stanger

Possible/Unsure
    Dog (+1-2)
    Jahn
    Damian (+1)

22nd in rushing yards in 2020 wasn’t horrible and should be the floor this year, top 15 shouldn’t be too hard to accomplish

Nola was 15th in 2021 at 117.1 ypg 1991 yards, we were 30th 92.2 and 1568

25 yards per game more and about 425 for the year shouldn’t be too hard for a team committed to running the ball

SF was 7th 4.3 ypc on 499 att, 2166 yards, we were 3.5 ypc 442 att

4 ypc with 500 att would get us to 2000 yards, so attempts and ypc need to go up to get to 15th

I can’t get enough Mike McDaniel interviews. I know it’s like this every year during no pads OTAs, but the energy and excitement surrounding the team is palpable and it just feels different because we genuinely seem to have a very talented roster.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I know, right?
      me too
      Some of what he says is the most wise way, psychologically speaking, to handle men (people). And he deftly sidesteps those snarky questions the beat guys try to trap him with, like “how are you going to rebuild the culture after the Flores thing?”
      To get past the stink of that, McDaniel just says
      “I think we’ve begun that process. There’s three phases in an NFL offseason. Phase I is meeting room-exclusive. We’re currently in Phase III where we’re actually able to practice for the second time. In Phase II, you get to do some drill work and coach them on the field, not in team settings. But all three phases are really cool to me for the specific reason that you get to coach and not prepare for an opponent. So we’re learning a different language on one side of the ball and we’re refining a language on the other side of the ball, …”
      … …
      and boom, the snark is defused, and everybody is listening politely to a football related explanation instead of a soap opera.
      It’s so refreshing.

31. naplesfan2010 says:

Krishna
    Dude
    awwriiight
    I finally get to meet you.
    You were not there when I went to the 2 other fests.
    This should be fun.

Also, it would be nice if the Ingram signing would happen and become official…

• naplesfan2010 says:

yeah I’m gettin’ a little worried that that one crashes on us.

They announced the contract value, that’s enough for me, don’t need it to be official, but if still not official in a couple of weeks…that’s a different story

And, I’m a little less keen on the Sony Michel signing than some Dolfans, mostly because I don’t want to be yelling out “MICHELLLL!!!” when he breaks a long run…

34. naplesfan2010 says:

Disclaimer: I do not wish to reopen the baby-formula discussion.
    Please.
    I just think it is so cosmic that the side favoring breast-feeding is led by Krishna, who after all is blue because he drank poisoned cow’s milk from a demon.
    This condition is known as methemoglobinemia, which can be permanent, when it is hereditary, or temporary, due to a lack of oxygen to the blood.
    Of course, as an avatar of Vishnu, the All Protector, Krishna refused to blame the innocent cow, so Krishna also became known as “protector of cows.”
    Thus it fits that Lord Krishna of the FinsMob Blog should so graciously apologize to those who have valid reasons to deviate from natural breast-feeding.

I’ve never heard of anything before about Swan Lake in Russia, but it seems it used to convey messages to their people, like their president dying or changed leadership

Could Putin be dead or on his way out, which would be the same

• naplesfan2010 says:

The head of the Ukraine version of the CIA contends that a coup is in progress to remove Putin and is so far along that it cannot be stopped. I’ll believe that when I see it, but when that train load of dead soldiers returns to their families in Russia, all of whom died for nothing, …

CavalierKong says:
    May 18, 2022 at 11:22 am (Edit)
    I’m hoping we have a mini fest in Santa Clara this year, even if it’s just Kongs and Tobas. Maybe I can talk the wife into miami next year
    ——————
    Why not talk her into it this year? 🤷‍♂️

Hawaii is already locked and loaded. I’m hoping she has a blast at the niners game and she goes ALL IN next year and wants to catch a Dolphins home game, lol.

I just proposed to her that since we’re already doing the Niners game, we should also do a quick trip to Miami so we get a home and away game in the same year. We’ll see if she bites…

37. boulderfinfan says:

I’m thinking about coming out to the fest this year as well. I’d know for sure when we get closer to 10/16

38. naplesfan2010 says:

That SF game looms large for the W-L record.
    Even if we are 9-2 after the Texans game, and we should be,
    we could lose 5 in a row at that point and need to beat
    what might be a red hot jest team to go 10-7 and squeeze into the play-offs.
    That December is @ sf, @ LAC, @ buff, GB, @ patsies.
    yikes

There’s too many “good” teams in the AFC as of now, something has to change by midseason

Some will fallback some will move ahead, let’s just hope we move ahead

Surely though the middle of the pack has caught the top teams, at least for the regular season

Yeah on paper the AFC looks stocked but as you said it’s probably not going to go well for all of them. It almost can’t due to them all playing each other.

Kong (+1) are officially a go for the fest

Go big Ape!!

It’ll be great to finally be a ‘fester’, lol. We’ll do a quick fly in, party, game, fly out.

What hotel should I book to be near the festivities?

FOX Sports’ Nick Wright predicts the Dolphins to go 5-12 on the season.

steveccnv says:
    May 18, 2022 at 11:15 am

Could Putin be dead or on his way out, which would be the same

——————
    I watched the video in the link of Putin’s feet shifting around. Yeah, something is afoot (pardon the pun). My best guess is that he’s on some kind of medicine that causes side effects akin to RLS.

The question would be what is he being treated for? Rumors are rampant that he has cancer in some form. If he truly feels he’s been anointed by God to return Mother Russia to its original borders and he’s got cancer with a limited time left, that may explain his rush to invade Ukraine… and possibly more countries in the near future (let’s hope not).

As for Swan Lake being played/aired, that could purely be propaganda by Putin’s enemies to give them more resolve.

All of this is extremely interesting to me.

Short story: a musician who uses my studio once a week is married to a native Ukrainian. The marriage has been in shambles for many years, but they’ve stayed together to make it work for their 12-year-old son. Late last week was it: by her request, he drove her to NYC to catch a plane to go back home… permanently. Her intent is to migrate over the border with the rest of her Ukrainian family to join Russia’s side. The son gets to stay with his Dad here in PA.

What’s going on over there is CRAZY (both sides), and I understand that MANY Ukrainians are defecting/fleeing to Russia. Personally, I don’t think we have any business whatsoever over there but to broker peace. Instead, we’re rushing head-on into what is essentially a foreign civil war… and we’re fanning the flames of a potential WW3. JMO

Stanger – I’ll be there + one.

45. Phindog says:

Stanger,
    It’s looking good for me + 2 🐕

So we went 10-6 and 9-8 the previous two years and with the roster we have now we’re going to be 5-12?

My bottom floor for Bridgewater starting 17 games is 9-8

For Tua it’s 10-7, any combination is about the same

My ceiling for Teddy is 11-6, Tua 13-4

That’s what I like about Bridgewater as our backup, he has won a bunch of games as a starter in his career and if had to play our season doesn’t go down the tubes.

I’ve been watching too many of these best buy tackling drills lately

Cav, if you don’t stay at Margaritaville at least stay on Hollywood Beach close to Margaritaville.
    Doggy always goes to Neptune and I have too but last year and this year I’m going to The Dolphin Hollywood.

He isn’t as opportunistic as Howard but he is still a damn good player for us!

Seat draft is over. My window was btwn 5-7 PM but our rep called early. Would like to think he was doing us a favor but who knows.

We ended up with
    Sec 323
    Rows 18-22
    Seats 21-28 (plus 2 more tagged on the end of 2 rows).

323 is the flip side (opposite corner) of what we had last year on the visitor’s side, but our rows are like 5-6 rows further down. And the 8X4 square on the aisle is nice.

Bad news is the price is more at $85 per ticket. The rep said they already sold more seasons this year than all last year and they zoomed after we got Tyreek.

For those that wanted the Steelers — those are going for $170 each even with the group discount.

54. Wyoming85 says:

Yeah Buddy!!

😉

I’m excited about these two. Holland is more of the deep safety but also plays on the LOS at times and blitzes. But Jones is more of the box safety who really excels as a blitzer. Rowe provides good vet depth.

56. Wyoming85 says:

57. Wyoming85 says:

58. Wyoming85 says:

“My guy Tua is primed for a breakout Year 3. Tyreek Hill is the most explosive wide receiver in the game; putting him in the same receiving corps as Jaylen Waddle is borderline illegal. And I loved the other moves Miami made to prop up the young QB, adding LT Terron Armstead, WR Cedrick Wilson and RBs Chase Edmonds, Raheem Mostert and Sony Michel. With run-game wizard Mike McDaniel calling plays as the Dolphins’ new head coach? Perfection.

“Also, I really like Tua as a player. I’m on board. He was great in college, and he’s been better than most people will lead you to believe in the NFL, as evidenced by his 13-8 record as a starter. It’s about availability, not ability. If Tua stays healthy, I could see him leading the Dolphins to an 11-6 playoff season. And here’s the key: I don’t think he will be a hood ornament on the ride to the postseason. Tua is going to be the engine for Miami’s success.”

— NFL.com’s Adam Schein

Have any of you seen this kid play? He’s above and beyond talented.

“On paper, it seems really cool. Those guys are full speed all the time. A lot of times you get guys that are 4.2 that know they’re 4.2 and don’t necessarily play 4.2.

[Hilll and Waddle] play 4.2, and they do it a lot. Every time they’re out there on the field, they’re going as hard as they can.”
    — Wes Welker

Good seats Stang, that end zone is closer to the tailgate anyway

Better than last year at least. And that view wasn’t bad. Sitting in the 300s at Hardrock gives you a lot better view than other stadiums I have been in. Thinking MetLife and the Skins.

Piggs, we need an emoji for Brandon Jones I have a feeling he and ☃️ Are going to be in an awful lot of squeals this year
    💥🐬😁🐧🐆❌☃️💪🐽

All while we go 5-12. 😉

Yeah
        But I recently saw a video clip of Zach Wilson with 2-3 other just as [gay] looking guys at a Justin Beiber concert

We’re not going 5-12 No

I know I was just caught off guard with such a poor prediction for us from a sports reporter. I don’t care if some people don’t think we’ll be all that but come on man!

• Capt. Stubbs says:

I never want to see that text ever,ever,ever come out of you again

Brandon Jones = 🧨

64. Wyoming85 says:

65. naplesfan2010 says:

PFF regraded its draft grades
    Miami’s went way up!
    MIAMI DOLPHINS

R1 (6): WR Jaylen Waddle, Alabama
    R1 (18): EDGE Jaelen Phillips, Miami (FL)
    R2 (36): S Jevon Holland, Oregon
    R2 (42): OT Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
    R3 (81): TE Hunter Long, Boston College
    R7 (231): OT Larnel Coleman, Massachusetts
    R7 (244): RB Gerrid Doaks, Cincinnati

Initial Draft Grade: B+
    1-year Re-Grade: A+

The Dolphins were always going to come away with some talent due to how many picks they had, but they even went above and beyond that. Jaylen Waddle is a true game-breaker who just needs an offensive line that can give him time to run down the field. Jaelan Phillips was the most disappointing of the team’s first three picks, and even he managed 39 pressures as a rookie. Jevon Holland is the crown jewel of their class at Pick No. 36, as he’s already a top-10 safety in the NFL after an 84.7 overall grade last season.

“Jaelan Phillips was the most disappointing of the team’s first three picks”

I don’t like that wording, he wasn’t disappointing, just not as awesome as the other two. 🙂

Phillips really came on after missing a lot of the offseason with a leg injury. His upside is as big to me as Waddle and Holland. You don’t see many guys his size who can run like him and he looks really strong when setting the edge. I’ve said before I won’t be surprised if he becomes our version of T.J. Watt. He’s just getting started. 8.5 sacks as a rookie is right up there with many top pass rushers we’ve seen as rookies.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

He was so close on making a lot more plays last year. Being even a little better this year will make him such a better impact player

Oh yeah, if Ogbah or someone else didn’t get the sack, Phillips was going to on many occasions. He could have had 12.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

I also believe he was robbed of that safety!!

Stanger – I will have my own seats.

67. Capt. Stubbs says:

Knight when are you going to bless us with your presence? You have to be careful though the salt air could wreak havoc on your armor

Hopefully sooner than later. But this year is not happening. I have met some of the guys (Mike E, Ken, NJ, Al and Piggy) in NYC at a bar back in 2010 when we beat the Raiders 33-17. Then at the MetLife takeover against the Jets. I know we won but I’m not sure what year that was. Mike E, Ken, Stanger, Brian and Piggy were there. I also went to the MNF game in Miami against the Giants with my brother-in-law in 2015, was supposed to hook up with Walker and David, but they got to the game late, missed the tailgate and we never met. I think they were doing their version of Cheech and Chong on the way. LOL

68. naplesfan2010 says:

wow 4 out of the top 40????
    how does that get us to 5-12?
    “The addition of Ingram gives Miami a fourth edge defender who finished inside the top 40 in 2021 in quarterback pressures (Emmanuel Ogbah 61, Ingram 51, Andrew Van Ginkel 45, Jaelan Phillips 40, per Pro Football Focus).”

With so much focus on Tua, a lot of people are sleeping on our defense that has not only been kept in tact, but they upgraded with Tindall and Ingram. Even Mike McDaniel knows we’re not a fun defense to play against.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

The miami and Tua hate is out of control. I guess it makes all the O-robs happy

69. naplesfan2010 says:

PFF:
    The one player I’d love a do-over on is now the Dolphins’ Jevon Holland. He was so impressive through his first two seasons in college, but after he opted out as a junior, we never got to see the next step in his game. It’s why he checked in at only 50th on the PFF board in 2021. That was far too low, as his 84.7 overall grade last season is one of the best we’ve ever seen from a rookie safety.

He probably would have gone 1st round if he didn’t opt out. Maurice Jones-Drew was talking him up because he worked with him and said he’s one of the best prospects in the draft. He was right.

70. Capt. Stubbs says:

Stanger haven’t given you a shout out yet. You’re first class and I appreciate all the work you put into the fest! Obviously it doesn’t happen or go as seamless without your commitment to this!!

Also big shout to Mike E for the articles he puts together! Obviously to everyone else here posting. Great community

Okay Capt. Stubbs, so what’s kept you from coming to the blog over the years to just say hi and chit chat for awhile? You catching too many fish and eating grouper sandwiches are you? LOL

• Capt. Stubbs says:

Witness protection program

• Capt. Stubbs says:

Program lol. No I’ve been absolutely crazy busy, get home…. Daughter time,fish, fish, fish, looking for square groupers!! I apologize for absence, I truly need to chime in more

72. Krishna says:

There are all different types of management styles….McDaniel has his style and I love it….

Someone commented how media asks backhanded (my words) questions and he answers them with candor and new ways of seeing things. It’s called being real….lol

He’s a little goofy in PCs but I like that. On the football field he’s serious. He got the chance to become a HC because he’s serious about football. He’s a teacher and scheme guy. He’s X’s and O’s but he also relates to players as people.

• Krishna says:

Imagine relating to your team while coaching them….lol…what a concept

• Krishna says:

I don’t think he’s goofy, I think the PCs are goofy and he knows that…so he plays to that, jmo.

73. Krishna says:

For Fest:

My brother-in-law wants to bring his grill (will bring) his grill and is offering his grilling services to contribute to the Fest.

Stangerx, if this is a sidebar, let me know…and let’s connect.

If I hear just one more pundit say that there are NO MORE EXCUSES for Tua, I’m going to go berserk.

On the flip side, I’m taking names and faces and they WILL have their feet held to the fire when Tua succeeds.

I honestly can’t believe the non-ending scrutiny that the media is putting on Tua. Just WOW!

75. Krishna says:

Tua will thrive in an offense that keeps him clean just has he did at AL.

Lol….like a lot of QBs

Flights and La Quinta booked for Fest

77. Wyoming85 says:

All booked for the Fest! Can’t wait to see all you folks and am especially looking forward to meeting some new Festers in Kong and Boulder, as well as welcoming back Jahn too.

Did Twice say if he was going?
    Did Twice say if he was going?

80. Capt. Stubbs says:

Booked 2 nights at the Dolphin!! Let’s do this

81. Capt. Stubbs says:

Anybody here in Florida going to Rockville? I’m going Sunday

Stanger: confirmed for 4 people .. Tim and Carol are coming back

83. Capt. Stubbs says:

MF13 my fin fan.
    Just get someone’s positive covid test. When you’re down here and if we take pics, we’ll just put a head shot of Devon Bess in front of you. No one will be the wiser.

84. Capt. Stubbs says:

Back to football! I’m digging this coach! Just to keep simple. Too me he just comes across so approachable and guy that really wants to coach

Can I ask this… is Twice someone we know or will he/she always remain a mystery? 😉

He’s been to a couple of Fests, we know him he’s cool. He’s from the Boston area.

That’s cool, I was just wondering from back in the day. I always feel like he’s The Wizard of Oz. LOL

• naplesfan2010 says:

Why are people on their phone during an exciting game in a NBA playoff?
      So on the phone they don’t even know the play is happening right in front of them,
      even though they are sitting at courtside.
      And people wonder why phone use while driving is dangerous.

The prices of seats usually sees a big turnover in the playoff “fans” compared to the real fans. You get some rich folks who couldn’t give a rats ass about the team attending the game.

Did I just hear new NFLN pundit and former LB K.J. Wright say Drake London will be great for Zach Wilson in the red zone?

Krishna says:
    May 18, 2022 at 7:24 pm
    For Fest:

Stangerx, if this is a sidebar, let me know…and let’s connect.
    ——————
    Well shit yeah. We talking a little hibachi grill like David used to use or a monster grill ready for the WWE of grill competitions?

• Krishna says:

Lol….no NOT a hibachi. He had a name for it (idk) and wants to contribute with his grill/services.

I told him about 26-30 people and he was fine with it. He’s willing to do the hot/grill menu for dogs, burgers, sausage, chicken, ribs or combos. I told him I’d split the costs with him. Just need a direction.

He’s the best in my family and my sister had to marry him….lol.

That sounds incredible. Hope you guys know means have to there early when the gates first open, by 10. We can guide you to where we set up.

89. naplesfan2010 says:

TK
    I was right next to TWICE twice TWICE twice at the Fest.
    Very knowledgeable football guy, but also just plain cool.

Stanger – You talked me into it. I’ll take one of your tickets and sit with the reprobates..if you have enough. I’ll take my brother to some other game.

91. Wyoming85 says:

Sounds like a 3 man race!

Y’all think the Kentucky Derby win was impressive, check this out!

93. naplesfan2010 says:

Head Coach McDaniel says
    “Offensive linemen are like officials,” McDaniel said (transcribed by NBC’s Ruthie Polinsky). “If You’re not talking about them, that’s a good thing. But they have scars from when they are talked about. So to get them to let go and let the past be the past is the most deliberate thing we have to do as a coaching staff.”
    That’s just flat out amazing.

Posted an article yesterday, that showed the offseason winner in each division

Because of Von Miller they gave it to Buffalo, based off of his 9.5 sacks I guess?

I saw plenty of Rams games where he didn’t look like anything special, getting some cleanup sacks from Donald

He did have a good SB, against a weak matchup with the bad Cin OL

Miller hasn’t been special for a few years now, comparing his losing a step and 9.5 sacks to Phillips 8.5 and ascending…

I don’t get it, but the agenda driven lazy media will do what they do

95. uwantwat says:

Bloody hell, just been reading about what Deshaun Watson admitted in a deposition (Solis). Sounds to me he in serious trouble with the league about suiting up this entire season. Blokes like him are stupid. More Kudos to Grier for not trading for him. Damn I like the way we’re turning this whole organisation around. Good move after good move.

96. uwantwat says:

Steve you’re so right. National media hates us.

But these guys don’t know shit, they just take on the opinion of our beat writers, so guys like the bearded coconut, that spew this bs, have a big effect on them

Tua 75-1 to win MVP

The same guys that bash him all the time are the ones voting

The award is voted upon by a panel of 50 sportswriters at the end of the regular season, before the playoffs, though the results are not announced to the public until the day before the Super Bowl. The sportswriters chosen regularly follow the NFL, and remain mostly consistent from year to year.

I wouldn’t bet a penny, that they’d actually admit they were wrong and vote him as MVP

98. boulderfinfan says:

Stanger,
    I can send you payment for the group ticket whenever. If I don’t end up going you’ll just have an extra ticket. I’ll take that chance 🙂

Boulder — I’m sorry man. That initial seat reserve is accounted for. When you said would know close to game date didn’t work as far as the group seats.

But that is not the end of the story cause people drop out every year. And even if they don’t you can get on stubhub where we are. Even if not right there gaps of seats open in the nosebleeds and can move around.

Whatever happens if you want to come I’ll help make it work out. So bottom line is this is not a reason to not come to the Fest.

99. boulderfinfan says:

I’m happy we signed Ingram. He used to be a beast and probably can be a good veteran voice in the locker room.