Sodomized at the Draft with Colonpokey; 1996-2007

ColonpokeyMasterCodeofColonpokey

As an international play hamster, this time on year, I’m usually busy doing a calendar shoot for pokey enthusiasts.  But like the rest of you, I can smell it in the air and its as enticing as Geno Smith’s underwear.

CPSpeedo

Why does this anal intruding hamster love the draft you ask? Because the draft is the best place to make your butt hurt and there is nothing Colonpokey likes more than making your butt hurt. You may not know this but for decades the pokey family has been paying visits…heehee…to the GMs, Owners, Coaches and Czars of the NFL and ruining draft choices. Where you see busts I see butts.

So without further poopoo let’s get this started by taking a look at picks for the Dolphins between the Don Shula era and the Bill Parcells era.  Let’s start at the end, like every pokey should, with a player who is most notable for the coaches defense of the pick:  Tedd Ginn, Jr.

ted_ginn_jr

The curse of #19 begins with Ginn.  Ginn still floats around the NFL.  I guess speed lives forever.  To Ginn’s credit he has been a valuable kick returner for not just the Dolphins but a few other teams too.  Ginn was drafted for his speed and you can see it on kick returns.  But as a receiver Ginn showed the same affection for the sideline as I do for KY Jelly.  Maybe the worst part of the Ginn pick is that 4 of the next 6 picks were Patrick Willis, Darrel Revis, Marshawn Lynch and Lawrence Timmons.  Cam Cameron’s famous justification of the pick has been paraphrased many times.  Over a chorus of boos, Cameron told Dolfans that the Dolphins just drafted the entire Ginn family.  As far as I know Nana Ginn has never scored a TD in the NFL.

The Dolphins emphasized speed in 2007 and drafted Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd round, a speedy running back who was equally butt penetrating.  As it turns out Cam Cameron sped his way out of a job.

Jamar Fletcher

You can pretend you don’t want it but Colonpokey knows better.  More butt hurt for you. This time its Jamar Fletcher.  a defensive back who really didn’t do much for the Dolphins.  When we drafted Fletcher, we already had probowlers Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison as our starting CBs.  Fletcher was drafted to be a nickel back but never made much of an impact at all.  He was later traded to San Diego in a trade that helped the Dolphins add receiver David Boston.

Fletcher was not the only draft pick taken in the Wanny years who was not intended to start.  In 2003 the Dolphins lacked a first round pick which they gave to New Orleans as part of the Ricky Williams trade.

mooreWith the 49th pick of the 2003 draft the Dolphins selected Eddie Moore.  Do you remember Eddie Moore?  Seriously do you remember Eddie Moore?  I’ll say it one more time, “Do you remember Eddie Moore?”  That is what I saw to all my rufinol victims in the morning.  And their response is probably the same as yours.  “Who are you?”  Probably best you don’t remember, just make sure you sit down on a soft surface.  Rumor has it, these days Moore is in a witness protection program.

The 2003 draft was saved by the 6th round when the Dolphins selected Yeremiah Bell.  That is before Chris Berman’s syphilis mouth made every highlight of Bell into a song.

Speaking of syphilis, Nick Saban didn’t have a great run in his time with the Dolphins either.  This ego maniac is still obsessed with the SEC.  You may remember Saban’s cowardly flee from the NFL to the SEC.  But not only did he leave the Dolphins with Saban stench, he left us with a couple of SEC players that didn’t pan out.  Ronnie Brown was a bit too productive to make this list even though he was the #2 pick in the weak 2005 draft.

JasonAllen

But a year later the Dolphins selected cornerback Jason Allen…I mean safety Jason Allen…wait, eh I mean cornerback um Jason Allen….What?  He’s a safety.  I think you get the point.  I once knew a transgender porcupine as indecisive as the way coaches treated Allen.  It didn’t help his career getting moved around so much.  Later in his career with the Dolphins, Tony Sporano showed the ….chomp chomp chomp…wisdom to…chomp chomp chomp…leave Allen at CB.  And to Allen’s credit he started a few games at CB and there was a glimmer of hope, only to fade on Monday Night against the Cheatriots.

SealofPokey2

Well, I’m worn out and I better get some rest before my date with Richard Gere tonight.  Have no fear Dolphins.  You will get more butt hurting.  Next week we will take a look at the Ireland years!  I bet you can’t wait!  This post was endorsed by the Pokey Family.  (whispering) It bares the seal…

This entry was posted in Misc. Bookmark the permalink.

375 Responses to Sodomized at the Draft with Colonpokey; 1996-2007

LMFAO! Nothing like waking up to Colonpokey! Nice job Piggy!

The only think I remember about Eddie Moore is that he got knocked out at a bar/restaurant one night after talking smack to another patron.

3. Try Pod says:

I think he went to Tennessee, too.. And he was a Wandstedt pick, no?

4. Try Pod says:

Thanks for the reminder of all these great Dolphin’s from a bygone error, err-era…

MORE nice work, Mr. Piggy.
    ————
    Tomorrow’s episode of “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION” features one of the great moments in the coaching history of The Don of Miami, the one and only Don Shula. –And where else should this take place other than the historic Orange Bowl??? –After conquering the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo the previous week, Don Shula stands at the gate of history. ONE more win would give him an even 100 victories in his mind-boggling career. At this point, ONLY SEVEN NFL coaches had attained the 100 victory career plateau. A win over the lowly Patriots would make Shula the eighth, and YOUNGEST EVER member of the 100-win club. Over 80,000 fanatic Fin fans would cram into the 75,000 seat Mad House on Biscayne Bay to see a game whose outcome had already been predetermined. Howard Schnellenberger, who said he believed his offense was “unstoppable,” had his “3 Back Attack” primed and ready for New England’s porous defense. Paul Warfield, Marlin Briscoe, Jim Mandich and Miami’s corps of receivers were ready to torch New England’s secondary!! Meanwhile, “the No-Name Defense” would settle for nothing less than a big ZERO on the board for the Patriots! Miami fans WANTED BLOOD, and plenty of it!!–The Old Dolfan will put all of you front and center to see the biggest massacre since the Battle of Bunker Hill!! –History, and a phone call from the President of the United States, were waiting for Don Shula. –Take it all in, DOLFANS EVERYWHERE!!–The Perfect Season is OURS to enjoy!!–Read about it tomorrow!

Very funny. I really would laugh if it wasn’t so sad too.

I could do w/o the colonpokey stuff, but yeah, we’ve had some crappy drafts. Coincidentally I was looking back at the drafts last night and went back to about 1996 till 2013….painful to say the least. Also was crazy how many times we didn’t have a 1st or a full complement of picks.
    Then the poor decisions/picks…UGH!

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Patriots UFA RB Stevan Ridley is in for a visit with the Dolphins today.

He’s cominmg off an ACL. His big year was 2012 with the Pats where he rushed for 1263 yds & 12 TD’s. The 5’11 220 LSU product just turned 26yo.in Jan.

He’s a talented back but he also had fumble issues.

LOL @ Colonpokey’s code

GD, you’re not into anal hamsters? LOL

LMAO @ Piggy! You’re a scwewy wabbit man! Great stuff

March 31, 2015 at 9:20 am
    He’s a talented back but he also had fumble issues.

Not if we deflate the balls 😉

Do you like Colonpokey’s speedo?

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Robert Kraft was just asked to identify Aaron Hernandez in the court room. Not often you see NFL owner testifying in murder trial.
    ________________________
    That’s the punk who stole my money….hang him!!!

It’s funny how we were talking about New England being forgotten. This morning on NFL radio there were a couple of callers that brought up the issue as to when is NE going to be punished. Then a Patriots fan was crying about how he has to explain to his kid what Deflate-Gate is, and how his kid was ostricisized for wearing a Patriots jersey at school, they called him a cheater. It was nice to see Ross Tucker and Bob Papa get into him a little, saying basically your team has cheated in the past, and it’s only fair to have suspicion that they may have cheated again. FUCK THE PATS!!!

The NFL could handle the Browns and Falcons penalties no problem, but with the Pats they need a 20 person super panel investigation to look so deep that it takes forever. Yeah no bias going on here.

The difference in the case of the Patriots, as compared to the Falcons and Browns, is that the Falcons and Browns admitted to doing what they did. The Patriots deny any wrongdoing. That’s why the investigation is necessary.

5 different mocks, 5 different players:

Rob Rang, CBS Sports.com: Oklahoma WR Doral Green-Beckham. “In Jarvis Landry and recently acquired speedster Kenny Stills, the Dolphins have two legitimate weapons in the passing game. Neither, however, scares defenses the way that DGB would. How better to double-down on the monster deal given to defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh than to take a similar gamble on the offensive side of the ball with a potential game-changer like the 6-5, 237-pound DGB? 🙂

Mike E, right I forgot the Pats never admit to doing anything wrong even though their HC was fined $500k and lost a 1st round pick in the past. How long does it take to come to the conclusion on this though?

What really sucks Tim, is although Bob Papa and Ross Tucker think where there’s smoke there’s fire, they have a feeling it’s going to be hard to prove the Patriots were at fault. It’s bullshit. They need to be punished for cheating, AGAIN!

The NFL better realize that letting the Pats walk without punishment is going to piss a lot of fans off and many will not forget. In fact when they’re on the road I can see Cheatriot banners and chants becoming a regular thing.

A future Hillary supporter……..brain power on mute!
    Made an azz out of herself then got a shit sandwich…priceless…lol

I think the Patriots will likely get a fine for about $500,000, but not suspension of the Coach or draft pick penalty. This way it looks like they did something, even though they didn’t.

It has to involve a draft pick or it won’t be accepted by most fans and the Cheatriot stuff will become a common road game theme for them and the league doesn’t want that.

Not sure about that Tim. Contoversy isn’t always a bad thing. It sells, it’s exciting, it gets talked about. I don’t think they’re worried about fan reaction. They know they have NFL fans firmly in their grip, there’s no alternative.

Then they’ll get a huge endorsement deal from AMP brand pumps.

Pretty much depends on hos high up they can prove the knowledge of the deflation went, and that remains to be seen. It’s like a case against the Mob. Can they prove Don Belli knew?

Pig — so painful to read. Not sure if I should consider it a useful reminder not to get my hopes up too much or a jinx. 🙂

Mike E, the NFL doesn’t want to have people thinking their league is fixed or allows cheating. They already had a really bad year with scandals and dumb decisions with how they handled players who committed crimes. This would start the season off on the wrong foot again.

If they punish them with a $500K fine, they did punish them, maybe not in the way that we would like them to be punished.

Hey Stanger, how goes it?

Good stuff Piggy.
    I’ve been wondering where Colonpokey has been. Has he learned if he will be inhabiting a new bum this next year while laying low in Todd Bowles? I would hate for that Mariota kid to learn new things from their resident QB toy.

24. Try Pod says:

$1900 for 5 people @ universal Orlando, 3 days with fast passes. Does not include rooms, food or travel. Wow.

On the Patriots, there is a pattern of side swiping the rules. They just made the play against the Ravens illegal, Belicheat has illegally filmed before, and the onus should rightfully be on the Patriots to prove they had no knowledge of this happening. How could they possibly prove that though? Especially with Brady saying before that he liked his balls super soft before they hit his mouth?

Yeah, they have to get a significant penalty just to prove there isn’t more collusion than them getting a 3rd for nothing this draft. I think that 3rd is to soften the penalty blow. It wasn’t earned, Goodell just changed the rules a bit.

Damn Piggy, has years in the court room twisted your head that much??? lol sheesh

the only reason people are mad at the pats is because they’re jealous. They’ve won the division every year except 2008 for the last 14 years and have 4 superbowl rings. More power to them. I wish we had a coach and FO that would win like they do at whatever cost.

Well, we have a newer FO that is doing that now, hence the Suh signing, etc etc.

• New Age says:

I dont think anyone is mad at the Pats. I love being able to talk about cheating asterisks to all my Pats friends and them having no really good response. Mad at the NFL brass for allowing such blatant cheating? Now that may be feasible.

Not true. I’m tired of their shenanigans. I would not want a coach who wins at whatever cost. I like sport and competition, I don’t need to win so bad that I want my team to cheat.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    AFC East cap space per @NFLPA this morn: #Dolphins $11.9M, #NYjets $11.8M, #Bills $7.3M, #Pats $6.1M.

Try

Anything to with Disney or Universal is a small fortune. Bite the bullet, you only live once . . . .

What I was actually thinking was your wife booked it without you, and you just saw the bill. lol

• Try Pod says:

I’ve been to universal- I really like it. And it wouldn’t be so hard to “bite the bullet” if the wifey wasn’t doing graduate classes. Those have caused an ouchy on certain budgeting discretions.

Glad to see that Miami isn’t on this list these days.
    Go Tanny! Ya hear that Randy….Go Tanny! 😉

• New Age says:

Most of those teams are in real trouble. I actually respect Brady for doing what he wants. You only live once and he’s proven himself. Pats brass and anyone else can just F themselves lol. Trying to force a guy to do what you want all the time after he’s already done so much.

Yo GD — goes just fine. Still just pissed off that I’m gonna miss the last two days of the draft, especially the 2nd day. That’s my favorite.

“Former New England Patriots running back will meet with the Miami Dolphins, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, according to a source informed of the player’s plans.”

He’s coming off an ACL tear, but he is one of the Pat’s RBs I actually had respect for.

I don’t get the attraction to Disney as an adult. Everything is overpriced and you have to deal with lines and crowds. Maybe it’s just me but I have no interest in it.

• New Age says:

It’s a one time deal that everyone should experience. I’ve been a lot as a child but I would love for my wife to do it once. Especially Epcot and the Animal Kingdom thing.

Disney itself not so much, but Epcot, and especially Universal. Universal is great, I enjoyed, and I also like Epcot as well.

I was at Universal like 12 years ago. It was fun but I’m kind of like been there done that. I guess it’s just that here are other places I’d rather see.

Think as an adult is the key part. It’s either for you or not at that point, and you can decide. But like New Age was saying about for his wife…..it is an experience everyone should have. Sorta like Avatar. Even if you don’t like it you should watch just to be in the loop.

Stanger, that sucks on the draft….hey, OT, have you seen any strange things going on at night in Ft. Lauderdale with military & police exercises?

Haven’t noticed a thing, and I’m a smoker who goes out on his balcony on a regular basis with a clear view to Miami (this state is so incredibly flat). So can guarantee nothing in the air and no lights of anything on the ground……unless it was while I was sleeping.

35. Try Pod says:

I feel ya, Tim. But I am not the “master of my domain”, as it were. I have no desire to go to Disney. The wife loves it. So we’ll spend 5k or so for 5 days there at some point in the near future.

I think the only way I would go back to Disney is for my kids. I took them when they were 8 and 5, you’d think the perfect age for it, but they didn’t really appreciate it back then, they just wanted to go to the game room or stay by the pool. I think one of them or both of them mentioned that they would like to go back and enjoy it, but I have a feeling they’re going to have to do that on their own, or maybe if we move to FLA someday, we’ll go then.

Stanger, the reason I asked was this…also the SS made a very brief mention of it in the newspaper.

That’s right near where I live, recognized some of the buildings (and not like there are lots of tall ones inland). Can pretty much assure that did happen while I was sleeping though. Looked very much like a training exercise.

Try, sorry brother I don’t have any Universal or Disney connections despite living here. For the locals they offer annual passes for those who like to go regularly and even if you go 3-5 times a year it pays for itself.
    I haven’t been in a while either not since the kids have gotten older.

• Try Pod says:

No problem, I appreciate it. My sis lives down there, no connections, either. Used to have a friend who is a divorce attorney in Leesburg, but I had to give her up, for obvious reasons…

GD, doesn’t the military need to train for all sorts of scenarios?

Remember too that soldiers are citizens and have families and loved ones. I highly doubt they’re all about wrangling up the citizens in some bizarre Marshall Law takeover.

The Marshall Law thing was just the caption on the vid, but they train about what happens in a nuclear war too.

Of course, they train for a lot of scenarios. But GD is a conspiracy guy who’s looking out for a totalitarian takeover.

…and civil unrest/war…rioting when economic collapse comes, or power grids go down for extended time.

This vid might get Ross worried more about character concerns come draft day.

Stanger, yes, it’s part of this Jade Helm 15 operation that’ll be underway in about 10 states.
    Tim, I know what you’re saying, but the Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law, besides, the training is also never to be off base, and if they need to train like this, there are what?, some 600 US bases world wide. Don’t do this shit in my backyard.
    It’s all a conditioning psyop and go ahead and laugh, but the military even admits it in those words as well.
    Get regular citizens used to seeing apache helicopters and MRAPS, heavily armed solders running around in the streets, then we won’t panic in the future when the real shit hits the fan…we’ll be conditioned to think it’s for our own good, that they are protecting us from the boogyman terrorists that’s gonna get us.

Tim, Please, I’m not some wild conspiracy guy…i find that offensive. I try to look at facts and read between the lines, if there’s strong evidence on something, then it’s not a wild conspiracy…I don’t follow the MSM operatives, and I’m darn sure not a pacifist that thinks everything is sunshine and lollipops, for the good of the people.

We used to cringe as kids in school when we saw sights of these same things in communist Russia & China…we were told to be glad we are free americans.
    Obama’s own words back in 2008 was that he would build a domestic army in the US…well we are seeing more and more of that everyday. Hope it stays on the up n up, what could possibly go wrong….lol

I’ll say this getterdone — If we ever get a Katrina thing here, I’ll be glad they are prepared on how to handle it. And as far as conditioning goes, whatever they were doing was in the middle of the night. So given I was not far away and never had a clue about nor heard about it from my neighbors…….you get the idea.

Right…it starts on a small scale under cover of night…hopefully you’re right and it never grows beyond that.
      As for preparing how to handle the next Katrina..lol…they sure didn’t do well the first time.

Oh yeah……did you ever read articles on what happened at the Superdome? Part of what makes me say I hope they are better prepared.

GD, you have mentioned totalitarian takeovers along with Walker and M13 many times no?

New enemies? Subversive anti-Americans from within with access to more extreme weaponry and technology.

Ohh, how did they get here, those subversives anti-americans…oh wait, open borders, amnesty…lol

Anti-American citizens are usually homegrown right here in the US of A. They’re just unhappy people who look to take out their misery on others.

That I don’t disagree with. But that is one of the ironic negatives to being a free country.

Just because I don’t believe in a bogeyman in every walk of life doesn’t mean I agree with everything the government does. I’m not a big government supporter.

I’m not saying we are in a full totalitarian takeover at all, but each passing year, more and more signs of it keep falling into place. It’s very slow and subtle so as not to cause mass panic. Look around man, you’ve seen big changes since you were a kid. Ask your respected elders. Study the constitution and the changes or erosion of it over time.

GDP — if it helps any my old career was politics. Met many players in it if you will, and even folks within their own parties are looking after their own little power position or that one little agenda that they value above all else. There certainly is no concerted grand plan….it just sort of unfolds in a Chinese fire drill of chaos like this board does.

Life of Aaron Hernandez’s baby Mom according to one reporter: “Throughout her testimony, if there was evidence of a fact, she admitted it. If not, she couldn’t remember.”

37 times in front of the grand jury she either refused to answer or was shown to have lied. Then they gave her immunity (which means the only thing she can now be charged with is not telling the truth). Guess someone on Team Aaron told her they can’t prove you can’t remember beyond a reasonable doubt.

Mike E, I’m talking about anti-American groups from abroad too.

The reality is, if we had a major disaster, we’d quickly find out how many people do not subscribe to the ethics of being fellow countrymen and some will go into survival mode and every man for himself sets in. We would need the military to squash that type of shit or we’ll just have citizens killing each other for however long it takes.

Gotcha. I hear ya

Tim, most citizens are good people with families, and the desire to help their fellow man, especially in emergency.
      The thug types is the ones you have to watch out for, the opportunists that prey on people anyways….give them a crisis and you see what they do….you see it with the looting during riots etc.

Mike E, our Gov is making out like returning vets and old vets are now domestic terrorists, anybody unhappy with the gov, conservatives, christians, are now slowly becoming the enemy….WTH? smh

BrianCat ‏@BrianCat13 · 2m2 minutes ago
    I don’t get the Ridley interest. Gotta be a Tannenbaum/Hickey idea. Philbin hates fumblers, and Ridley is one of the worst.

GD, I actually feel we have more freedoms today than when I was younger.

WOW, ok. 😯

Lots of minorities and people with different lifestyles have more freedoms than they did when I was a kid. There were a lot of strict taboos when I was a kid. Howard Stern would have never been on the radio in the 60s and 70s. TV shows were regulated to Leave it to Beaver. I don’t feel restricted other than some regulations that mostly are in place for safety purposes whether you agree or not. I don’t leave my house feeling like a prisoner.

Stanger, right, I hear ya above on each Pol seeking his own lil agenda to usually fill his pockets…but that very greed is manipulated by a sinister force higher than him, with a lot more money and power to deceptively get what they want….yes, even the people in DC are sheep, pawns. 😉

All I can tell you is that if there was a controlling sinister force, I never saw it. Plenty of selfish A-holes, but then part of why I was good at what I did was I turned their egos against them to my advantage. Can still remember one gov announcing my bill being signed into law as saying “this is just the right thing to do, the sudden move on this has nothing to do with all the pressure.” I was thinking……”you are a F-ing A-hole…..that pressure was ours, and I know exactly why you standing up there proud for what me and my team made you do.”

GD, I agree with your 1:13 post. But that’s the reality we would have to deal with.

Wyoming, I heard we were still thinking about bringing Moreno back, so I guess looking at Ridley is just due diligence, see which vet powerback type is further along in his rehab…lol

54. Try Pod says:

Frickin liberal herd…

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Stevan Ridley’s worst fumble season came in ’12 when he had 4. Lynch & McCoy had the same number that year

I know this about Ridley because he was on my FF team.

57. Try Pod says:

Sorry gents, but conspiracies do exist- I’m reading about one now between the House Lannister, House Stark, and House Bartheon.

Fucking Joffrey!

LOL, I agree they do exist. I just don’t feel the threat that others do on a daily basis. I also find much of the belief to be linked with Christianity.

• Try Pod says:

You must know I am no conspiracy guy. If nothing else, conspiracies are difficult because humans have a hard time keeping secrets.

• Try Pod says:

Not Christianity per se, but fear. Christianity is just something that is convenient to attach fear to.

I dont see that Tim, i know there are a couple of strong subscribers here who are also very vocal with their christian beliefs, but i am a christian who doesnt subscribe to majority of conspiracy theories and instead will at most lend creedence to those that actually have potential merit. Id say my experience is wildly different as i have found the majority of my friends who are conspiracy theorists are also atheist, and cite scientific proof of their conspiracy theories, most of the time calling themselves conspiracy realists.

Try, your 1:40 post is a big reason why I’m not worried about much of it.

Tywin is a bad man

99% of conspiracy is wild levels of mistrust. It doesnt take a belief or disbelief in God to be that way. I tink trying to tie it to Christanity is just a tactic to call all Christians looney zealots. Thats awful broad strokes from a very narrow viewpoint.

Never said all. Most of the sites and books about NWO stuff are Christian based. I’m not making it up.

It’s no different than the thinking that all long haired dudes are drug addicts and losers. Of course not all. LOL

Try

Which book are you on now?

• Try Pod says:

Don’t laugh-
      A Game of Thrones.
      I have been putting this off for several years, but I finally couldn’t make any more excuses.

You’re going to enjoy it. I found it extremely entertaining and well written, and difficult to put down. I just get immersed really.

Try, what I meant by Christianity was most people who believe in conspiracies are Christians. Whether the Illuminati, the Trilateral Commission, the Free Masons, all the NWO stuff, the Anti-Christ etc., I always found the Christian link. I was into this stuff years ago.

• Try Pod says:

My thought on it, briefly- those who are fearful of change are those most likely to believe in “theories”. Christian ideology does lend itself to it, but I think it’s convenient to say that because the religious population of the US is predominantly Christian. I have a feeling Hindus, Muslims, pagans… their hardliners likely often feel add if others are conspiring against them.

We have more freedoms today, but we are scrutinized for not having mainstream viewpoints. So kinda like believe what you would like but if you dont agree with me we will ostracize you.

I don’t agree with that PC crap either.

D, you’re putting words in my mouth. I never said ALL Christians. But go online and read up on NWO stuff and you tell me what you see.

Tim, the reason you see ‘Christianity” tied somehow to NWO etc., is because it is part of biblical prophecy. Man has tried to conquer man before, and tried to become God like himself in ancient history…it’s happening again, history repeats itself.

Welcome to the PC world D…..just the way it is. I look at it as the backwash for giving everyone equal rights. And btw, that needed to be done. So I’m not complaining.

I have no fear of Christianity….I have fear of ‘religion’, but so did Jesus, well, he just didn’t like it, the hypocrisy and manipulation by man to hide behind ‘religion’ for their own gain..

Oh great, now we can’t talk about GOT because Try is way behind. LOL

66. Try Pod says:

Besides, through triangulation, it was discovered that “ADMIN” was conspiring to take over the world- or at least, a website.

GD, your 1:55 post was all I was pointing out. Like I said, I wasn’t making it up.

No prob….hope we both live long enough and are still in touch long enough to say, hey you were right or I was right…lol. 😉

D, are the atheist conspiracy theorists you know anti-government types who feel institutionalized religion in America is behind much of the world’s problems?

The Dolphins will probably be 13-3, win 2 playoff games, and then BOOM! Illuminati takeover!

Tim, you respect the knowledge and candor of Dr. Ron Paul?

How bout Judge Napolitano?

I know less about his ideals but I know who he is. He’s from NJ as well. I will admit I don’t spend much time on this stuff anymore because I find it stressful. But I peak in here and there.

Yes. I feel true libertarians like Paul do point out the violation of civil rights from an unconstitutional and abusive federal government. Like I’ve said before, I’m anti-big government. But that’s different to me than some of the even more sinister plans that get discussed.

Kool, then if you believe in that much as I do, as we clearly see, then it stands to reason that it could most likely continue to slide into worse abuses…it’s the bad side, selfish greed side of men without moral compass.
        I hope I’m wrong, or at least hope it takes a very long time well out of our generation and a few more to come. 🙂

Tim i think your not seeing it from the right angel man. These conspiracies are suppoed to be based in Chrisitanity. Due to this, by default, Christians would not see their own religion as the basis of all the evil tat lurks in the shadows, the way a conspiracy theorist would. In fact its the general distrust in religion/Christianity is part of what drives more theorists to feel this way. Yes when you search for NWO or Illuminati, etc, your going to see ties back to Christianity, but on the other side of the coin lol.

True core Christian beliefs is God is your protector, and that all things are controlled by him. To believe that others control the world would to not be strong in your faith. To live in fear would show you aren’t strong in your faith. Im all for uncovering truth, im all for exposing the wicked, but i also don’t spend all my energies worrying over things 1) not in my control, and 2) completely in God’s. Conspiracy theory to me, ultimately shows a lack of Christian faith, not existence of it.

To all those who believe in them, i don’t mean to seem intolerant to your feelings on the matter, you have all rights and reasons to believe in them. Ima also not trying to say you arent a good Christian if you do believe in them (though i would ask you to question yourself in how in control you feel God is) I really don’t mean to offend, I just don’t share those opinions.

God is in control, his plan is laid out in the bible. I fear nothing. When I do speak of wrongdoing or evil, I’m just trying to expose the darkness, bring it to light so it loses it’s power.
      Besides, there are several scriptures about being a watchman, staying awake, exposing evil, etc.

That’s fine. I just shared my experience. Being that I don’t believe in prophecy you can understand my separation on such subjects.

Kool, good discussions guys. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed, and I’ve always felt people should be able to discuss such things without insults. Many of the problems in this world are because people cannot do this.

Tim, Im protective if the term “Christian”, since i count myself among them, much as im sure you wouldnt want Atheist being called out as a whole for being something that perhaps on a few of them are or do. I likewise was just giving my viewpoint on the matter that conspiracy theory doesnt belong ton one group. I think you actually were on the right track when you said its about fear, and more specifically fear of being controlled. Either way Tim, i know we dont share the same religious beliefs but from my perspective, i count you as a friend and respect your beliefs and opinions as much as my own. I hope you feel the same..

D, my parents are Christian and I love and respect them so know that. I also don’t consider myself an atheist as if I’m part of some group. In fact I’m really agnostic because I don’t really know. But I have serious doubts.

getterdone says:
    March 31, 2015 at 2:39 pm
    ——————————————————-
    I see that, but it also says to not be distracted and that evil is crafty. To me lots of false theories also the true evil to slip by unnoticed.

So you guys probably think I’m one of Satan’s agents. LOL

• Try Pod says:

You mean you’re not? Don’t you see someone is trying to save your heathen ass?

Nah man, i actually prefer you to a lot of “Christians” i know. Reason being is you dont know what to believe, you own that and your not faking it. There are a lot of people i know who are so for show with their faith, they to me are the real evil. Most of them are why other have questions about God, and religion, because they see those fucking posers, and unfortunately sometimes that fake-ness goes all the way to the leadership. I don’t blame you, and have had times when i doubted it myself.

Try, I’m actually a peaceful dude who doesn’t look to hurt anyone. 🙂

• Try Pod says:

You don’t think a “peaceful” heathen can exist? I dare say there are many in this country who believe anyone that does not believe in the same god the same way they do is by definition a “heathen”, regardless of their intent or lack of aggressiveness.

Ravens agreed to terms with QB Matt Schaub, formerly of the Raiders.
    The rapidly-declining veteran was supposedly also drawing interest from the Cowboys, Titans and Falcons. Going on 34, Schaub was picked twice in 10 attempts for the Raiders last season, also taking three sacks. Arguably the league’s worst starter in 2013, Schaub will be a shaky backup for Joe Flacco, but more experienced than Tyrod Taylor. Flacco hasn’t missed a game in seven NFL seasons, a trend that Ravens are obviously counting on for 2015.

D, I appreciate that. I didn’t get to this point just because. I spent/spend a lot of time thinking about life and the world.

D, I call those the head knowledge christians. They may believe in Christ, go to church, but they never took that 18″ journey from their head to their heart and try to walk out Christ’s plan.
    It’s as if, they say, hey, got my ticket punched, now I can just go back to being the same person I was before I ‘accepted’ Christ.

Also for the record, I think organized atheists are phony. It’s just another religion to me.

My son is an atheist, or more likely an agnostic. I think he’s willing to be shown the proof. He’s a very unorganized one though.

He sounds like me, more agnostic. Hardcore atheists think they know you can never show them proof.

Organized atheism is kind of an oxymoron to me.

• Try Pod says:

But Scientologists- now those people got it together!
      Watch there be a level 10 Hubbardite in our midst…

“Sources around the league” tell Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole that free agent Michael Crabtree’s market has “crashed.”
    Cole’s sources are just stating the obvious. Per Cole, Crabtree apparently believed he was going to make $9-$10 million per year before the start of last season. It would be a miracle for Crabtree to get even half that. The most likely outcome is Crabtree accepting $2-$3 million on a one-year, “prove-it” deal. To date, his lone visit has been to the Dolphins.

Ken was right. From what I read recently his tape of the 2014 season showed a real lack of gaining separation.

Looks like they got OD’s new aqua season seats ready. 😉

Trunsik signed witht he Panthers
    Dolphisn didn;t even try to re-sign him
    Probably shows they like Tripp

It’s obvious we’re trying to shake up the old guard and not go into the 2015 season with the same core of the last few years.

The Aqua looks pretty cool now

But I worry it will look like an old swimming pool in 10 years

Test

That was strange, I just replied to Piggy’s Hartline post saying “that’s class” and I got “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”

That’s weird Tim
    The blog really dones’t need a lot of administration usually

we only get emails like that when its some one new that posted
    (Piggy shrugs)

March 31, 2015 at 4:18 pm
    That’s weird Tim
    The blog really dones’t need a lot of administration usually

we only get emails like that when its some one new that posted
    (Piggy shrugs)
    ————————————–
    Does it to me sometimes too, out of nowhere ill get a pending moderation flag.

D

If I was moderating, 3/4 of your shit would be gone! 😀

89. Al in MIA says:

Yep.

With all that aqua, SunLife will now look like it’s sister stadium -> Bank of America Stadium (Panthers).

View from inside the Panthers endzone seats …..pretty familiar look, eh?

Are blue seats literally cooler than orange seats?

• Al in MIA says:

It makes for a more neutral palette I guess for events outside of football.

• Al in MIA says:

It’s been said also that the darker color helps mask empty seats (apparently more noticeable when there are empty orange seats vs a darker color).

I know black is hotter than white, but have no idea how it works btwn orange and agua……guess I didn’t date enough women. 🙂

I’m not an expert, but I wouldn’t think the temperature difference would be significant. It really depends on how dark the aqua or orange colors are. If they are the same density, I wouldn’t think it would be different at all.

• Al in MIA says:

Won’t make a difference once the seats will be shaded (most of them). It’s just easier on the eyes (both on TV and in person) to have aqua seats vs orange.

That’s true, but that’s not until ’16. I think it will look less empty too when there isn’t a large crowd, but hopefully, we won’t have to worry about that as we go 11-5 and take the division title

Tim, there was a conspiracy by the NSA to hijack your comment…oh wait, that’s not a conspiracy theory anymore, they’ve admitted they’re collecting info on us all. Another one the tin foil hats got right 😉

92. Al in MIA says:

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock now3 seconds ago

Texans received a comp pick in 2015 draft for losing Antonio Smith. Now they may have Smith back & the comp pick, both in April of 2015.
    —–
    lol

93. Al in MIA says:

Yale

Today was the day Tyler Varga, who did not participate in the combine due to a bone spur on his ankle, worked out for scouts. Twenty-nine teams were on hand with only the Washington Redskins, Cincinnati Bengals and Houston Texans not in attendance.

Early numbers coming in from the afternoon workout included Varga tipping the scale at 222 pounds (same as the combine) before touching 38 1/2 inches in the vertical jump and 9-9 in the broad. His 40 time was clocked as fast as 4.64 seconds with 4.22 seconds in the short shuttle and 7.13 seconds in the 3-cone. Varga stood on his combine bench mark of 23 reps.
    —– Tony Pauline (Draftinsiders / WalterFootball)

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “@561Bryce: Got my tickets for 4/11 to see Dave Chapelle on South Beach at the Fillmore”» that show is too late for me. Going on 9th.

WHAAAAAAAT!

95. Al in MIA says:

Don’t know if anyone caught this yesterday but Tony Pauline put this out there:

CSU-Pueblo
    I’m told the Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers and Denver Broncos are in Pubelo at the time of this posting, watching quarterback Chris Bonner throw. More as it comes in.

96. new age says:

Good convos today guys! Sorry I missed out. I occasionally can’t get my posts to show up on the board as my only issues here. I would think I was being moderated but I’ve seen what Piggy posts so I know that’s not true.

This should be the same thoughts/hope with Tanny going into year 2 with Lazor’s offense.

Eli Manning expects to take the Giants’ offense to “another level” in his second year in OC Ben McAdoo’s system.
    “This year will be a much easier transition, knowing that we have been through so much of it already,” Manning said. “It’s definitely a different starting point. I feel good about it.”

I get emails every once in a while that says a comment is awaiting moderation

But it usually tell me who the comment is fronm and what it is. And I just try to quickly approve it if I cacth it in time.

But ont he last one from Tim it didn;t show an avatar or what the comment was. I thought it was spam until I sae Mike E and Tim’s comment

I’m guessing the safeguard is to just end all your comments with the word “Oink”

😀

Try Pod says:
    March 31, 2015 at 6:17 pm
    Sometimes I think I am one of the few here that actually did not hit the bong, so to speak. I’m cool with it, I got no problems with a little grass, but it seems I am still a square.
    ————————————–
    Really? i always saw you as a Tryangle.

LOL — been a long time since I ever put my lips to a bong or smoked weed for that matter, but from what I hear there is no need for a bong these days. Yet another time in the history of mankind…….ingenuity has rendered previous practices unnecessary (and that’s not just in Colorado).

Where the hell is Spring? It’s cold, rainy and probably about 40-45 degrees.

It was snowing on my way home but it was wet and didn’t stick. Go away already!

MIKE E; SPRING is alive and well here in Tampa Bay. Hi today 78; low 63 and mostly sunny with a 5-8 MPH breeze. Temps were about 30-40 degrees cooler in Baltimore on Saturday. Most locals there were asking the same question you were asking.
      ———-
      Report from Bergman Field in Orlando. 22nd ranked FAU hit #6 UCF with a 4-spot in the top of the first. –FAU leads 4-1 with the Knights batting in the bottom of the 2nd inning. This game is FAR FROM OVER, THAT’S FOR SURE! –Wonder if Son-of-a-Son is at this game?? He lives near the UCF campus.

It’s suppose to be 50ish tomorrow and then a couple of mid 60s days before it goes back to the 50s. We’re almost there.

102. Try Pod says:

76° here today and the next 2 or so days before a cold front brings rain and 59°.

So these are our draft selections.
    1. 14
    2. 47
    4. 114
    5a. 149
    5b. 150
    6. 190

I like when we have two picks back to back.

OD

That’s nice. Hopefully in a month or so it will be like that here

Today was a perfect Spring day. 72 and sunny although very windy. Took my car to get it washed at lunch so it’s sure to rain tomorrow. 😉

Now it’s blank after clearing moderation…LOL
    Colonpokey must be chewing on the wires again 🙄

I just approved a pending comment from getterdone that appeared to be blank. What’s up with that?

It was this Herd…

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
      “@josephperson: .@GregJennings tweeting he has a deal done. I’m told it’s not with #Panthers.”» one down, 3 more to go.
      ______________________
      Apparently the Phins are still in play for his services, or Jax.

108. jetsssuck says:

banana’s 29cent, tomatoes 59 cent lb, yellow /green squash 69 cent lb, whole watermelon 1.99, green beans 59 cent lb, cucumbers 4/$1.00, celery 59 cents, carrots 59 cents 2lbs, green peppers 49 cent lb., potatoes 1.29 5lbs,kiwi fruit 6 for a buck, pears 59cents lb, and of course oranges 4lbs 1.29, and grapefruit 5lbs for 1.29. Nothing beats going to Davie farmers market.

Okay it’s snowing more now and sticking on the cars even though it’s very wet. It won’t last with 50 tomorrow but I’m really sick of seeing it. Go the fuck away! LOL

Omar has been drooling over Byron Jones combine #’s & for days says he can’t find film on him to be able to confirm his crush…How much does the SS pay this guy? SMH

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    I am so bothered by the fact I can’t get any film on Byron Jones. Makes me angry.

I’ve seen Omar gripping about not finding any film on Byron Jones for a few days now…lol SMH

Bizarre….

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
    Like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota does not plan to attend NFL Draft in Chicago, per league sources. Top 2 QBs, maybe top 2 picks, now out.

Neither wants to sit there and have a weird drop happen because neither of them are clean locks to go at the top even though they probably will. But we’ve seen it happen before.

BS…it should be an honor to be there, to be considered the top 2 QB’s of a draft class!!!!

What’s up FUers? Nice job Piggy. It brought back some memories and most of them bad but well done.

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN · 6m6 minutes ago
    WR Dorial Green-Beckham risk profile not just off field behavior. Basically ran 3 routes at Mizzou, & didn’t run one of them (slant) well.

This is what I’ve been saying about him. He’s not polished at all. He also played at a school when he did play, where we drafted a big, fast TE a few years ago and he didn’t translate to the pro game either.

This idea that he’s the next Randy Moss is absurd. Not only was Moss much faster, ran in the 4.2s (DGB just under 4.5), but he was nowhere near as productive as Moss in college.

I wouldn’t touch him in the 1st round.

I agree Tim. He has major red flags off the field and he is very raw and has missed a year of playing time. It would be hard to justify to take him very high. He is crazy athletic and running in the 4.4s with his size is pretty freakish but there s no way I see us drafting him.

Big deal, who cares what Louis Riddick says…when was he last GM of the year or a Dir. of Player Personnel?

There are also many reports from pundits that claim DGB to be well worth an early selection and a huge talent.

Most of these WR’s are not polished route runners yet by NFL standards. I guy like DGB can get by with his size, speed, and athleticism in the meantime until he refines his route running, gets coached up more…..in meantime, just throw the ball towards his 80″+ wingspan. 😉

An NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham “may even be better than (Amari) Cooper.”
    “He’s the wild card of all of them,” said one scout. “He’s a first-round talent, no question. He may even be better than (Amari) Cooper. He’s that talented. But is there a team that will take a chance on him there?” DGB caught 87 passes for 1,278 yards (14.7) and 17 scores across two seasons at Missouri.

Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham will work out for scouts at the school’s March 11 pro day.
      The 6-foot-5, 237-pound Green-Beckham ran a 4.49 forty at the combine. “Along with seeing him run the full route tree and catch the ball, NFL teams are eager to see his interaction with the coaches and how he carries himself,” noted CBS Sports’ Dane Brugler.

Missouri HC Gary Pinkel called former Tiger WR Dorial Green-Beckham “a pretty good kid that made a very, very serious mistake.”
      “I just want to make sure (NFL teams) understand this is a pretty good kid that made a very, very serious mistake,” Pinkel said. “He needed some help with some things. … He’s a good kid with a good heart. He made a very, very serious mistake. He’ll learn from it and hopefully it’s going to help him out.” At the school’s pro day on Thursday, Pinkel told the media he’s been giving NFL personnel executives positive feedback about Green-Beckham.

GD, Riddick was probably told this by GMs, scouts etc. I know you like DGB’s upside, but he’s not worthy of an early pick nor is he ready to play. Don’t run a route properly or downright wrong and it gets picked off. Coaches can’t have that.

Just a reminder, Dion Jordan at almost 6-7 248 ran a 4.53 at the combine. DGB at 6-5 238 ran a 4.49. We’re still waiting for Jordan in year 3 to emerge. This team can’t afford to use a #14 on DGB this year. No way! I wouldn’t take him in the 2nd rd either. I’d say there is a 100% chance we’re not drafting him. He’s not the best football player available when we’re up by a lot.

UPDATE FROM BERGMAN FIELD in Orlando: Florida Atlantic-10, UCF-1 in the bottom of the 6th.–FAU pitcher Sean Labsan gave up a home run to Central Florida’s first batter. Since then, he’s struck out 9 and only given up one more hit. Meanwhile, FAU has battered 5 different UCF pitchers in what has become a lopsided game against a Top 10 adversary. LOOKS like Great Grandpa’s going to have to take ANOTHER lap around the neighborhood (accompanied by his greyhound) to celebrate another Owls’ victory!!
    ————
    TOMORROW on “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION,” Don Shula goes for his 100th career victory against everyone’s favorite team, the New England Patriots!! –Guess who gets their asses kicked???

I think that criticism of DGB is way off base

He is basically unstoppable in the redzone

Yeah Missouri sort of milked him doing the same thing over and over again (ateast in this highlight) but it worked consistently

The guy is definitely a redzone threat

OD, those two guys in the reflective safety vests just got your new seats installed. 😉

GDP: – – They’re not even in the right level. My seats are in the first level; perhaps they are for Piggy b/c it looks like he could get a nice tan in those seats!! The ladies like their bacon with a nice tan!

GD, Moss had 174-3,529, 20.3, 54TD, 90lg in two years at Marshall. Then enters the NFL and sets rookie records with 69-1,313, 19.0, 17TD, 61lg. That’s freakish and super productive. He’s the best deep threat WR to ever play the game. Scored 157 TDs in his NFL career, one was a KR.

At this point, DGB is nothing more than a fantasy.

Well every one in the draft right now is kind of a fantasy.

Except some are better football players on tape and scouts know it. DGB is the biggest risk/reward pick in the draft. Mariota might be next. I’m just saying I wouldn’t touch him. It’s not as if he’s what we need to get to the next level. He really isn’t.

By the way Ken, your comments remind me of my friend Kevin who I’ve seen recently. He makes similar statements. LOL

Tim:

I hope it’s a good thing that I sound like your friend Kevin.

Next comment from Tim:

Kevin is a real dick.

Hey I never said he’d be Moss right off the bat. Besides we can fantasize can’t we? 😉
      I thought it would be cool to swing for the fences when your stuck in ‘Mediocrity’….we’ve done that so far on the other side of the ball with Suh….we’re also taking chances with Cameron @ TE.

But I too like White or Perriman.
      Ideally we get a trade down, then get Perriman or DGB late 1st or in 2nd. Have extra picks for other needs. Throw LB Kendricks in there somewhere too. 🙂

Piggy, lots of guys looked good at Mizzou. 😉

I just think the only thing to be concerned about is the off field stuff

Other than that he is a first round pick

He’s interesting to watch
      Bc it doesn’t look like he is doing much
      But he is

Look at that TD catch vs auburn they show over and over again
      Look at where he cuts on the post (at1:09)
      He cuts almost exactly when the safety commits
      It was perfectly time
      It was actually a shitty throw
      Sublte moves like that are often hard to defend
      And you paid that with his size and ability to win the ball
      And I think that works on the next level
      He can get better at a few things
      But what he does well
      He is strong enough at to exploit IMO

And here is DGB vs Auburn

DGB is not going to be the next Moss. He is more of an inside red zone threat, Moss was a pure deep threat. Not that DGB can’t go deep but not like Moss. Different type of WR. Not sure why people compare him to Moss. I don’t see the same type of WR.

OD, was just razzin ya…I thought you had to move upstairs…lol

I just can’t see taking a chance on a guy like DGB who has not played in a year and has major off field issues that are hot button topics for the league right now. You spend a high pick on him and he gets caught or in trouble again and that is a major pick wasted.

….or Suh steps on Marsha and gets suspended for the year. Big risk there especially moneywise.

The risk of Suh being suspended for a year is infinitely smaller than the risk of DGB facing a lifetime ban from the game.

That’s why it’s not going to happen. Every year mocksters salivate over athletes. Mandrich, Gholston, Russell etc. Don’t fall into that trap. We can’t afford it. Jordan in the trade up at #3 is still in question.

What is gonna suck is NE takes DGB @ #32 and then whips our asses with him till Brady retires….UGH

He moves like Moss moves
    He’s just not as fast
    But he is probably better at YAC

Moss has those little subtle moves too
    It doesn’t look like much
    But that’s the point, it’s deceptive to the DB

I haven’t seen a lot of Moss comparisons, I did see Julio Jones & Justin Hunter.

130. Try Pod says:

We’ve decided (ahem) to go to Pensacola beach for the weekend. This decision was made easier by the fact that my wife has a friend who owns a condo she won’t be using next week and told us to have at it. So, there you go.

Ken, c’mon….LOL lifetime ban??? He smoked weed & later pushed a girl down, she wasn’t injured, no charges. Yes it was wrong, but some of you make like he’s Hernandez without the gun in his hand, or Ray Ray without the knife. 😉

Cat got your tongue or did DGB cut it out? 😉

I don’t care if the woman was injured or not. Domestic violence should not be tolerated at all. It is a hot button topic in addition to the drug use. He will have a target on his back. Too many other good options to invest in such a risky proposition, not with White, Cooper and Parker around.

Piggy, we can dial up a lot of WRs who do what DGB did in that video. I can show you Jarvis Landry doing the same stuff in college believe it or not.

I like hometown hero Perriman, but he is 6’2, but plays large. So does White, but he’s gonna be gone by #14.

I’m not sure we go WR at #14. It’s a pretty deep class and I would not be surprised if we have someone else in mind other than the top guys just like last year with Landry.

I think Dbolt with Hardy might be onto something.

Tim:

I think we are going BPA at 14. It could be a number of positions depending on how the draft breaks. I can see One of the big 3 WRs, OT/OG types such as Lael Collins or Scherf, Landon Collins at S, Wayanes at CB to name just a few possibilities as to how we can go at 14.

Ken we gave up draft picks to get Dion Jordan who had no drug charges…yet failed on PED & illegal drugs after getting his 1st big check.
    Ya never know with guys.

All the more reason not to waste another high 1st round pick on someone who has a known drug and domestic violence background. Too many other good options. It’s different if you are taking a gamble on Cecil Collins in round 5 as opposed to round 1. Round 1 you can’t gamble like that.

60% of 1st round picks are usually some form of a gamble or the other.

But how much of a gamble. 3 big check marks against DGB.

Domestic Violence
        Drugs
        Has not played in 1 year.

That’s a lot of gambling. Too many other quality options at a lot less risk.

Agholor might be a 2nd RD target as well.

2nd round WRs are pretty good too, Agholor, Perriman may be there and or Jalen Strong, Funchess, the kid from OSU. Lots of good WR talent in round 2 this year.

The idea is to get the rare coveted big WR, not just get a WR…we got those already in Stills, Landry, maybe even Matthews…and I have a feeling we’ll have Jenkins signing tomorrow.

I THINK we’re taking an O-Lineman in round 2 unless the kid from IOWA drops to 14 (highly unlikely).

KEN: YO ANSWER your 9:11 post – – – Actually, I believe the Jets actually WON on week 9 of the ’72 season. But on week # 10, the Jets had to travel to Miami to play the undefeated Dolphins in the historic Orange Bowl. And WHAT A CLASSIC IT WAS!!
    ——-
    Meant to say “TO ANSWER” not “YO ANSWER.”

Yo Yo Yo what up OD? LOL. I think my medication is kicking in.

I think it’s time for my Colorado Kool-Aid, Ken. –Then I’ll take my victory lap around the block with my greyhound and hit the sack in about 30 minutes. –Great Grandpa will talk to “YO” guyz and galz tomorrow!

Agholor, Dorsett, Coates or the guys Ken mentioned.

With not much movement on the OL in FA, I’m leaning that way at #14 even with a pure OT. We didn’t sign a sure thing at guard in FA. To me that’s a clear sign.

Albert is on the mend but you never know, we have James, re-signed Fox and Thomas and Turner are viewed as guards now, not tackles.

We have to do a better job protecting Tannehill. Just some food for thought.

Alright my nyquill is starting to kick in along with the antibiotics. I must rest. I am out. Peace to you all.

Draft fell weird, had to take Fowler

Your score is: 6618 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: Dante Fowler Jr., OLB/DE, Florida (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State (B)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama (B+)

139. Try Pod says:

Gotta book to get to. Goodnight all.

Bestest case scenario 😉
    Eagles do go ahead and cut Evan Mathis, Miami signs him.
    Scherff is there @ #14, Eagles then trade up from #20 for our #14.

C’mon, ya got to love that, it’s a fairly strong possibility.

1. OL La’el Collins 6-4 305 LSU (he and Scherff might be gone, onto Peat and Flowers)
    2. WR Phillip Dorsett 5-10 185 UM
    4. DB Justin Cox 6-1 190 Miss. State
    5a. LB Ramik Wilson 6-2 235 Georgia
    5b. WR Darren Waller 6-6 240 GT (4.46)
    6. BPA at any position

Peat and flowers are not OGs
      And not projected to be

After Scherf and Collins it’s pretty much onto the 2nd and 3rd round OGs

You missed my previous post about this. See 9:56.

Thomas and Turner are the guards we will roll with until they show they can do it. Thomas is penciled in at LG and Turner at RG. Philbin recently said that’s the case at this time.

Albert LT?
        James RT/LT
        Fox RT

There you go. What would you do as a GM?

You want to draft an OT after we added Albert and James last season?

We should be adding an OG to the OL not an OT
    If you are drafting OL in the 1st round, most if the time it OT
    But Scherf and maybe Collins appear to have the ability to be OGs like Zack Martin
    And they might have that impact

But if those 2 are of the board, forget about OL in the first round
    There are OGs who can play OG and will be available in day 2

I would rather take another position than Flowers and Peat in the 1st round
    We don’t need to draft an OT to play a few games while Albert is on the mend
    That is wasting a first round pick

So what happened to BPA? A lot of OT’s can play inside @ OG unless they’re over 6’6.
      Albert has been nicked up before, and he’s already 30 yo. Got to look ahead as well if a guy is BPA in some cases.

Peat and flowers are unlikely to be bpa at 14

I wouldn’t call them reaches
        But they are 15-25 range

More importantly there is no reason to think they can play OG at the next level

Who is our backup center, who are our guards, and who are our tackles if Albert isn’t ready?

When did we decide we’re set on the OL?

Right now this is it.
      LT Albert?/James
      LG Thomas/Walton/Brenner
      C Pouncey/Walton/Brenner
      RG Turner/Walton/Asper
      RT James/Fox

You cool with that? If Albert isn’t the same how does the OL look? We can add as many weapons as we want at skill positions. If we can’t block the play, it doesn’t matter.

There are are plenty of talented Samurai in the 2nd thru 4th rounds this year.

How we protect Tannehill shouldn’t matter. I don’t want to see anymore 4th qtr 3rd and 7 or whatever and take sacks. The Bills and Jets are going to have formidable defenses in 2015 and we all know the Pats figure out ways to win games. If we can’t block forget everything else. It’s like trying to develop a nation with no defense.

It does matter
        If you fail at it

We spent high picks at OL and failed in the past
        It is certainly a risk
        And acquiring an OT certainly makes that more likely when we already have OTs

I am cool with Thomas, Fox, Walton and brenner as backup

The hole is at OG not tackle
        We can’t just add the best OL on the board and hope they can play OG
        That really risky

You are talking about drafting a backup with the first round
        Are we so good that we can spend 1st round picks on backups

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Greg Jennings says on Twitter he will announce where he’s signing tonight at 10 p.m. PT (1 a.m. ET). What a convenient time.
    _________________________________
    Sounds like the Chargers may be getting him.

Piggy, when Tannehill is on his back not completing game winning passes you might think differently. The OL is not set. Much more important than the prize WR. One LB won’t change things either.

We’ll see.

He defiantly going to be on his back if we spend a first round pick on a backup OT who isn’t there to protect him

“Protecting Tanny” isn’t a magic wand you waive around to defeat logic
      What you do to protect Tanny actually has to work
      I don’t see drafting a backup OT as helping that cause

Peat is 6’7 and some people question his toughness
      I really just don’t like the player

Flowers is much more physical but again there is no reason to think he can project inside

Why not draft a AJ Cann or a Tomlinson in the 2nd round
      Ode guys are OGs through and through and would probably have a much more immediate impact at playing OG than peat or flowers

Scherf is really unique
      I don’t question his ability to play inside
      But Peat and Flowers may not help achieve what you are suggesting they will do
      They appear to be strictly OTs not. OGs

Pig, why would a 1st round OL be a backup? No guarantee on Thomas or even Turner winning starting jobs to start the season….and as we know, Albert could start on Pup for all we know.

Bc they are not oGs
      Collins and Scherf are flexible enough to play either
      But flowers are peat – particularly peat are not

We are not moving Albert and James inside

Ok, i never said that. But of course not…Albert &* James are the OT’s ‘when healthy’.

So then why draft peat or flowers who are probably OTs in the nfl?

I don’t want to spend a 1st on a guy to play in place of Albert for half the season (which is a worse case scenario)

Brandon Marshall unhappy with trade to the Jets and QB situation there.

LT Albert?/James
    LG Thomas/Walton/Brenner
    C Pouncey/Walton/Brenner
    RG Turner/Walton/Asper
    RT James/Fox

Two injuries to starters and if Albert isn’t ready, then what? Play with fire all you want, I wouldn’t.

The past doesn’t matter. Our current OL does not consist of all our own 1st round picks on the OL. Who… Jake Long #1 in 2008 who is going the Tony Boselli route unfortunately?

Albert #15 – Chiefs 2008 (coming off of knee surgery)
    Pouncey #15 – Dolphins 2011 (coming off of hip surgery but played in 2014 at RG)
    James #19 – Dolphins 2014

It’s not that crazy when you think of it. It’s basically every 2 years. But we keep changing coaches and GMs too.

Sparano and Philbin are 2008 – 2015. We drafted 3 OL in the 1st round over 7 years.

I don’t get the criticism over it. Top OL go early all the time. The game starts in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

INKEDUPSeaHWKZSHANE ‏@SeaHawkFORLife · 5h5 hours ago
    @scottrmarshall1 I was told earlier it was seattle ? Miami it is

Greg Jennings

Don’t worry about blocking, just worry about big plays. When we punt you might think differently.

I want more big plays too, but we have to look at reality. Can’t do that unless we control the LOS.

Did we forget we signed Suh? LOL

I’m out for the night. Peace & Love to all.

When you wake up in the morning Greg Jennings will be a Dolphin.