Bitch Monday – Right after the f#@&*$! game edition – I won’t get fooled again

I was afraid of this . . .   I think I can pretty much gauge the temperature of this blog, and I saw more and more of you buying in, and I’ll tell you, I so wanted to share the confidence that was building, that this time the Patriots weren’t the same, and even more importantly, WE weren’t the same.  Well, we all found out the freaking hard way, that the Patriots just don’t lose at home when the chips are down, and this team, and that includes Adam Gase it’s HC, are absolutely, positively NO MATCH for Bill Belichick and his Patriots team led by Tom Brady.

I shut this shitshow off before the half, because the thing that I said I so desperately wanted to see, that the Dolphins belong on that field with this team was so dreadfully recognizable as not the case.  When I saw that penalties were being called on the Patriots, YES, the home team Patriots, and those were the best thing that we were able to accomplish on offense, I knew that Gase wasn’t ready, that Tannehill wasn’t ready, and that Belichick still holds a mastery over the much younger coach.

I’d like to throw this game out, and say “Hey, we’re 3-1, and still in sole possession of first place”, and believe that we’re in good shape, but I know it’s just not true.  Until I can see this team produce in an important match up, as Roger Daltry says, “I won’t get fooled again!”

I don’t care about the stats, individual performances, individual failures or successes, but I very much care that our team when they had an opportunity to make a statement, made an entirely different statement, one which said “Sorry, we’re still the Not Ready For Prime Time Players”.  Shame to even compare this team to that very successful comedy troupe from SNL back in the 70’s and 80’s, we’re not worthy!

Well, this was therapeutic, I feel I purged some of the anger, disappointment, frustration and bitch-slap to the reality that we may very well be 3-3 and worse pretty soon.  I pray that Adam Gase, and the whole damn team, every one of them is just as disappointed as I am, and they actually do something about it next week, and put an ass-whooping on the Bengals.

817 Responses to Bitch Monday – Right after the f#@&*$! game edition – I won’t get fooled again

Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs. We dont need 2 teams in the west hanging around at 3-1.

What’s the over/under on Mahomes TD passes tonight
    More or less than a month worth of Tannehill TD passes?

I’ll take the over

OD, I never sang praises for the OL, I was hoping we finally had the right mix but carry on with the same old song and dance that only you and M13 had concerns about the OL and keep ignoring what others say. Also, not sure how you can predict injuries and have top backups under the salary cap. Maybe you should contact NFL teams as a consultant because it’s a league wide issue. You might make some good coin.

KILLED BY THE NEFARIOUS PAGE TURN:
    I hope some of you will read my critique of T-Baum and the current status of our O-Line on the bottom of the prior page.
    TIM; MF-13, SON-OF-A-SON, and others are mentioned in this critique.
    I PROMISE SOME OF YOU WON’T LIKE IT. SOME WILL. BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS!!

I thought Mahomes walked on water, why is he checking down?

Mike, I forgot to mention, as soon as the game went off the air due to the score and they went to CIN/ATL I didn’t go online to continue watching it. My friend and I just watched that game. Then the Giants game and he wasn’t the happy camper when he left in the 3rd quarter. Shit day all around for football.

I had flipped it back on for a sec, and saw that they switched the game to the Falcons vs Bengals. Smart move. My friends were not happy today either, Steelers and Jets fans, so no joy yesterday

I hate those football weekends when it’s all shit. I did win in FF but the Dolphins are always first for me. When I also lose in FF as well I don’t even want to think about football much into Monday. I often wonder why I care so much. LOL

MR. Campbell,

I hear ya, my man! We were crapped upon for our opinions, but we were RIGHT.

You two are a pisser. It proves my point that some people only read what they want to read. The OL has been a concern for years and has been discussed here ad nauseam. Yet somewhere along the way you and OD decided only the two of you felt that way and everyone bashed for it which is an out right lie. Most of the discussions were there is only so much top quality depth you can acquire and finding quality OL is not easy.

So who crapped on you? Who said what exactly and stop being so general about it. Let’s have some examples being that you’re so steadfast with those accusations? This can put this nonsense to bed once and for all? I’m all ears.

• ElephantRider says:

Come on. You weren’t crapped on. OD is stuck in his Ross hatred to comprehend anything anybody says.
      Tim answered pretty well. How on earth can you have 10 starting caliber OL on the team?

Bash bringing in Sitton? The dude is a stud and unfortunately got hurt, which isn’t the norm for him. You cant predict these injuries. If I recall the OL started the season very well. No team in the league can plan for 3 starting OL to go on IR. There arent teams with 5 extra starters on the bench . Salary cap is alive and well.

So I guess every pick should be OL in every draft….

This is the exact way I see it. OD also said the other day that our OL and specifically the running game has gotten worse without Sitton. Now it’s bash signing him at all so that can go right back to bashing Ross and Tannenbaum. LOL

I was never too familiar with the Rams coach, McVay, but heard him interviewed before last Thursday’s game and I struck by how articulate and clear he spoke. Then I took notice of how clearly Vrable and some other coaches spoke in their post game pressers yesterday. Then I’m thinking about Gase and how I have to turn up the volume every time he’s on and how he never really says anything inspiring necessarily. Just low hum coming out of him, grovel like he’s pussed off. I understand yesterday but I’m talking about all the time. Maybe he just hates being in front of the media but it is a big part of a coaches job.

Son, honestly, Belicheat* is the same way in front of the media.

I don’t disagree with ya that Gase is ‘low-energy’, but I’m just sayin’…

Yeah that’s true he is the worst. It’s just they hate getting in front of the media I guess. Can’t really blame them.

TIM… LAST WARNING

Mike E told us last week to STOP this BS. I’ve moved on, and merely wanted to acknowledge Old Dolfan’s post… nothing more.

KNOCK IT OFF, ALREADY. 😡

No, stop making shit up and repeating the same lies over and over. You can’t point out getting crapped on just like ER just said because you haven’t been yet you keep saying it. Explain what was said and get it over with. It’s BS listening to you repeat that you and OD get crapped on over and over about the OL and then tell everyone else no more questioning that I’m saying that. In what fucking word do you live in with that crap?

CASE to COURTLAND!!!

RAISE YOUR HAND if you wanted to draft Royce Freeman! NICE RUN for the TD!!!

The way I see it is we would have needed 30 or so draft picks to draft everyone that everyone wanted. Realistic? I think not.

Ok so NE has Indy at home on Thursday night and we go to Cincy on Sunday. Could be poof just like that we’re not in first any more.

We need Touchdowns!

We try a few runs, they’re not all 4 yarders, and we quit on it. I don’t see a lot of commitment to running the ball. Committing to it means you keep running it even when you do get stuffed early. You also need to understand that teams are trying to stop it early, but you keep hammering it. I’m not saying run it 40 times, but we need to commit to it more than we do. Gase goes away from it too fast.

We did the first two games. It’s been pretty poor the last two games when we do run. It’s disappointing.

It would help if we had better running plays. We have 2, run into the Guards ass or run into the Tackles ass.

That’s because the guards and tackles haven’t been able to move their asses the last two games. There is nothing there and it sucks!

So the new blog rule is say whatever you want, accuse people of saying things then no questions or responses allowed. Okay got it! LOL

ER reiterated what I said, I’m sure he’s fine with what I said.

16. I know I’ve been hoping for more OL help for year, I’ve mentioned more than once I’d be ok if we pick more than 1 , even as many as 3-4

ANYTHING besides trading up for WR or RB would be ok

• Years, plural I was jacked when we took Tunsil, but when Minkah was on the board, I was screaming pick Minks! Tunsil was the top OL and Minkah the best defender, not bad.
      We do need a starting guard and center, and will have to get them from the first couple rounds or they might not be good enough

Tim didn’t continue this. It was brought up by OD. MF13, you yourself commented on it, then you’re telling Tim to not say anything? In fact WARNING him? You’ve got no rights here as far as I know to tell anyone what they can post, particularly when you were participating in it yourself.

Cussing at me isn’t going to go well for you.

I don’t know exactly when you decided to become an asshole, but it happened. You need a mirror and to stare at it for awhile.

Bookman must be fired up with the Brewers winning the Central. Cheers 🍻

20. Can we all count to ten and not get all upset, for those that can only handle 5, count twice, lol

Jk, trying to lighten the mood

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    October 1, 2018 at 9:42 pm
    That does sound good! Only Rams need to lose before 72 Fins get drunk on Mad dog again or is it champagne
    ————–
    That Rams team… man… they are TOUGH. Jared Goff has totally taken me by surprise, for one. For two, how can ANYBODY run when Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh are clogging the middle? For three, they’ve got elite CBs… albeit banged up at the moment.

I don’t see one thing over the last few weeks that has earned Tim any criticism directed at him

Not one thing

As far as I am concerned he doesn’t need to change a thing about his posts or opinions or praise any of you guys bc you feel like “I told you so” is a redeeming comment

I never once said “I told you so”. Why? Because I respected Mike E’s request to cease and desist from the BS of last week.

If acknowledging another poster (OD) is a bad thing, then I’m guilty.

Turn the page, already. There’s nothing to see here.

You don’t respect what was asked by commenting on it again yourself. By warning Tim to not say anything? I don’t see you warning OD about it.

It’s unbelievable

I really don’t want to get involved in most petty stuff here but this one is driving me crazy

Goodnight folks, I’m not in the mood for delusional.

The last thing we want is too see some one ruin your experience here

My recommendation is to ignore it and just argue with the rest of us….lol

Peace, my friend. We’re experiencing some anguish right now, but I still consider you my friend. This will pass… just as our loss to the Patsies* will soon pass.

25. I’m Switzerland on the issue, no sense inflaming things, I like people on all sides anyway

You’d swear Mahomes is a seasoned vet already!

REPLY TO TIM & ER; Just for the record, I NEVER complained of being crapped on. NEVER! Those of us who put ourselves in harm’s way did so in part because we believe in the exchange and expression of different ideas IS A GOOD THING, not a bad thing. You guys MAY believe that T-Baum and his pals are on the right track. I believe the evidence, and my 53 years of watching Dolphins football, indicate that T-Baum & pals are NOT on the right track and that, in fact, our O-Line has become WORSE under current management. But maybe I’m the stupid one. Maybe we really DO HAVE a playoff team that can contend for a title. But, so far, no one has “shown me!”
    ——-
    HERD: We definitely do NOT need 30 draft picks to get the job done. History has shown that 7 picks, used wisely, can significantly improve a team. However, if a team throws away 3 of their picks on a Jordan, a Carroo, or a DT3 (so-named because it took 3 picks traded to get him)–it always comes back to bite the unwise team in the ass! IMPROPER, wasted, draft picks have been the calling card of the Ireland and Tannenbaum years in Miami. And, of course, it was Steve Ross who retained or hired both of these guys, as he also has done with a series of failed head coaches.
    WRONG choices for head coach, wrong choices for GM, and wasted draft choices have been the hallmark of the Steve Ross era. And for those who say I’m blinded by my hate of Ross, I respond “YOU ARE WRONG!” I don’t hate Ross, personally. I just disagree with the choices (mostly wrong) he has made. And whether you agree or disagree with my point of view, you can NOT disagree with me that, as of this moment, the Steve Ross record with Miami is 68-82, with ZERO playoff wins during his 10th season as principal owner of the Dolphins. Some may like it but I, most certainly, do not. I HATE LOSING! –If that makes me a “hater,’ then so be it.

OD

We all respect your opinion and you are a good friend to me

People here differ in opinions
      I disagree with you a lot -but I don’t know if I am right

So don’t get caught up in this bs

Today I was in a crowded subway
      Some one pushed a guy in front of him
      Then the guy fell into the lady in front of him
      Who turned around and yelled “stop pushing” at the guy who was pushed into her…lol

I feel like you are getting pushed into this argument
      Forget it

You don’t have to defend your opinions. You’ve seen more football than any of us😄

Thanks OD.
    Is everyone straight now?
    Let’s move on and start bashing the real problem. That Quarterback. Lol

Tannehill, incidentally, was also retained by Ross.

How dare Mahomy throw a bubble screen!

Our 7 year vet can’t figure out how to even get a first down against a team he plays twice a year.

WY

Not yet

I haven’t watched too much of him

I just like his name😏

What do you think of him?

I HAVE seen tangible growth in Tannehill this year, but he still isn’t… how can I say… “the one”. Perhaps it’s the playcalling? Perhaps it’s the O-Line? Perhaps it’s new faces as weapons (not quite the cohesion Tanny had with Jarvis or the injured DeVante)?

All I know is that we cannot run the damned ball. We have yet to produce a single 100-yard rusher 4 games in. Drake should be RULING fantasy football.

In order to run the ball , we are going to have to start throwing behind the LB’s to get them off the line!

I don’t understand why it’s not obvious to everyone?????

Agreed

It’s easy to defend our offense
      We are basically relying on speed to make a few big plays
      And that has worked 75% of the time so far
      So it works sometimes

Other times its a disaster

We haven’t run the ball for shit!
        and our play action still works?????????????

Were are they keying??????

OD none of us like losing. Everyone gets frustrated with it and deals with it in their own way. I rage clean my house. It’s pretty much immaculate after yesterday.

No one is hating. We debate. I do have an issue with someone issuing warnings to others when they participate in the very thing they are telling them not to mention and have no right to do it. I’ve stayed out of this but I’m not going to sit by and see that continue without pointing it out.

We’re all on the same team. We all want to win. We aren’t all going to agree on everything. Just like in any group there are people you get along with more than others. Doesn’t make it a bad thing. It’s just how life is.

Stidham throws a good deep ball but he doesn’t have an NFL fastball.

Will Grier is the one for me.

To tell the truth I haven’t been watching the QB’s to much this year!

Although Lock dismantled my Cowboys!

But I’ve come to the conclusion that that is not that big of a deal! 😦

It’s the biggest deal for me. I can’t take it anymore. I try to fall in line but I just can’t.
    Gase is crazy to hang his career on him.

mf13ss says:
    October 1, 2018 at 10:36 pm
    How about… Case Keenum continues to keep Kansas City confounded! 😉
    —————————-
    Nobody has been tooting the KC defenses horn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s a play that we would kill teams with!

TE bubble screen!

I would have been fine with this type of game we’re seeing tonight from the Fins even if we came up short. But we were a no show.

Patrick Cahones* is for REAL. Yeah, they’re not winning at the moment, but he’s holding his ground against one of the best Defenses in the NFL (Denver).

You can’t even put MG’s name on the same paper as Kelse yet!

He’s too busy phucking blocking.
      Split him out and get him in your anemic passing game.
      6’6 and can jump to the moon but in Miami he has to block. We do it all the time with guys and it’s sucks. Even Tanny, a good play action QB we put in Shotgun 90% of the time.

Well the ref’s don’t want myhomy to win!

Free snap after the play clock is 0

Your boy just blew the game! With an overthrow!

The old hook and lateral!

Hook and ladder, I hate when they say that.
    It’s a hook and lateral.

That SUCKS!!!

Oh well… and then, there were TWO undefeated teams through 4 weeks of play: the Chefs* and the Rams.

This was the team I hoped we were modeled on(KC). Maybe we could have gotten there with Sitton healthy but we’re not close right now. We have a bad OL but we’ve drafted 3 OL in the first round in the past 8 years. That’s a LOT. Add in 3 more OL in the 2nd-3rd over that time and we’ve drafted an entire starting unit with an extra backup just in the first three rounds. That’s a lot of bad picks so why keep wasting top picks on guys we can’t develop? KC on the other hand has one 1st rounder and two 2nds. and continue to build their team without needing first rounders all over the OL.

52. ElephantRider says:

I’ve got no problem with you Tim, just fyi.

Ross just sucks I guess. I mean they keep hiring respected OL coaches(remember how excited we were getting Benton?) and the OL still get injured and nobody can coach the draft picks. I guess a new owner would know exactly the OL coach to hire or maybe coach himself.

54. The refs cheated their ass off, many claim the NFL has been rigged since 2000 to cover over unders, spreads, and anything people wager on, and to keep parity for ratings and butts in the seats buying $10 hot dogs, 50 for parking, and hundreds for the ticket.
    We look at football as competitive sport, but powers that be view NFL as big money first and foremost, sports is just a cover for the rigged money grab.
    However even though I believe the NFL is rigged, I feel we gave a woeful and embarrassing effort last week. And a lot of blame lands on Gase shoulders, imo

Where were all these complaints about the OL the first few weeks? Most people have no clue what the OL is even supposed to do let alone whether or not they screwed up. Most of you don’t even watch the OL if you’re honest about it. It’s always the easy out to blame the OL. You see a run that gains 0 yards or a sack and the obligatory “The OL sucks.” reverberates. In 60-70 plays, guess what, the OL may screw up. Just like skill players screw up.
    ****
    There is a lot of poor to average OL play around the league. We aren’t that bad.

I know where the real problem is.

Tannehill is the problem? We’ve won 10 of the last 12 games he’s been the QB, but he’s the problem. I know he’s not an explosive QB who will throw 5 TD’s in a game, he’s more like Alex Smith in that regard, but he’s good enough to win with. The whole team didn’t show up Sunday, not just the QB

• ElephantRider says:

LG gone
        C gone
        RT sometimes gone

Randy says:
    October 1, 2018 at 6:33 pm
    What’s worse? A 3 yard run or an incompletion? Even if you can average only 3 yards a run, that puts you in 3rd and 4….a manageable situation. Obviously you can’t just run, run pass every single series but you can swing more towards a balance and then open things up later. This team’s success has coincided with a balanced offense and an effective running game. This ain’t brain surgery. It doesn’t take a genius.

———————————————————————-

well said Randy, 13 passes and 2 runs on 1st down! 87% passes!
    we should run on 1st down at least 65% of all 1st down plays regardless of whether they are gaining yards or not. it keeps the offense balanced and the opposing D honest, when you pass on 1st down 87% of the time you are digging a hole as it pertains to a balanced offense because if you throw an incompletion now you have to pass. i would assume that’s why Bellechick had 7 dbs in the game. they only had to guard against the pass, with 7 DBs and 4 DL they had no LBers on the field at times.
    I know, “But Rob the run was working” I throw this out there because that’s the usual response, how do you know it wasn’t working? when Tanny was in there we only ran the ball 8 times all the way into the 3rd Quarter.

you cant win passing on every down in the NFL, you have to establish a running game, out HC doesn’t get that. it will get worse unless he realizes his mistakes because i’m sure the Bengals are hard at work watching the film from the pats game and if Gase continues his pass happy ways we are toast and so is he.

Tannehill isn’t the problem, he can not carry this team on his shoulders and that’s what Gase is demanding.
    The problem with this team is Adam Gase and his pass happy philosophy.

it’s a proven fact that philosophy doesn’t work.

I didn’t say anything about tannehill. Lol

59. ElephantRider says:

McCain out too.
    Seems we made it thru preseason only losing Gray, now the big is in full force.

October 2, 2018 at 10:14 am
    We’ve won 10 of the last 12 games he’s been the QB,
    _________________________________

I keep hearing how Tannehill has a great record and how he won 10 of his last 12 games, The true fact is he had an accomplice in those wins and that was Jay Ajayi and a running game.

No question, QBs don’t win games, the team does. I’m just stating that we won 10 of the last 12 games he played. He’s played well, and I don’t think it’s fair that he should shoulder the game. I was replying to Sonny, not Randy.

Bellechick had won that game before they stepped on the field, he game planned in advance because he knew Gase was pass happy.
    if it wasn’t for trickery in the Oakland game we would be 2-2

I don’t think Tanny is the problem although he contributes to losses too. Its not black and white. He misses plays
    and screws up too. He’s missed several throws and doesn’t really make players better. He’s not a game changer. You need a lot to go right around him for him to be successful. People constantly point out the wins he supposedly had but fail to point out how good our running game was during those wins. Top 10, I believe. That was the biggest contributor to those wins. Tannehill contributed but he wasn’t the reason we won those games. Besides, as most around here said for years, wins are not a QB stat….until you wanna say it is.. Lol

The passing stats are also misleading, it’s an NFL thing. Most teams use the short passing game as an extension of the run game. Very few trams run the ball with a feature back 20 or more times, the game is changing

Randy – How was the run game last week against the Raiders? How was it against the Jets? Tannehill almost led the team in rushing against the Jets

I’m not saying wins are because of the QB, but he’s not preventing us fro winning, he’s part of the team, and if he was playing so poorly, we don’t win 10 of 12

MikeE
    I don’t place blame for losses on Tanny. I just also don’t give him a lot of credit for wins either. Wins and losses are on the whole team. Also, isn’t it possible that our running game might be better if we were able to use the pass to influence defenses? I’m not calling Tanny out. It goes both ways, but he, along with everyone else on offense, did not play well last week. Blaming it on the OL just doesn’t ring true for me.

I’m with you mostly. Have long said Tanny is never gonna be that QB who can put his team on his back, but then there are so few of those. So that is most starting QBs.

We aren’t the only team that gets injuries….. Tyler Eifert is out for the year.

That was an exciting game last night. Really fun to watch right down to the end.

The Phins better get that bad game out of their system on the road at CIN or they will get blown out there too. The Bengals can score in bunches and they play physical on defense.

Randy, I feel like the pass pro has been good most of the time this year, much better than in the past. My problem with the OL is inconsistent run blocking. Now we’ve already lost two starters in the first quarter of the season. We’ll see how next man up goes with Swanson at center.

You want salt in the wounds — go to the new Yahoos Sports power ranking.
    —————
    16. Miami Dolphins (3-1, LW: 9)

I didn’t want to put the Dolphins even as high as ninth last week, but you can’t justify putting one of three 3-0 teams too low. But if you want comedy, remember that the Dolphins were trailing 38-0 with less than 100 yards of total offense in the fourth quarter, and then look how mad the Dolphins fans were last week when I said I didn’t think they weren’t a top-five NFL team. Funny stuff.

Our guards are not good. Larsen is a backup and filling in, so that is what it is. I said all year last year that Davis is not very good either. The guards are what make your running game go. I also do not like how we scheme our running game. There really doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to what we are trying to do. I really wonder if it has to do with not practicing it very much.

72. ElephantRider says:

TOP is almost a full quarter disadvantage…..very bad

That’s gotta change, and soon

• ElephantRider says:

What a moron.
      McCain is out a few weeks.

• ElephantRider says:

Let’s all forget the shit they did years ago and the cheating that continues. Ask Wille about being “injured”

Actually read a Pats fan insist on this that he wasn’t injured before but it happened a play or two later in a case of “divine justice.”

ElephantRider says:
    October 2, 2018 at 1:28 pm
    ————-
    I remember in the early 2000s when several Patsie* players faked injuries in a tight game against the Peyton Manning Colts. I remember Willie McGinest was one of them. The Patsies* got away with it each time and beat the Colts because of it.

He basically defending his tweet after people called him out that McCain is actually injured

Think his big problem is the “total coincidence” that one of our best CBs he says was faking injury did not play the 2nd half and is out for a while. But never underestimate the power of denial over “my bad.”

The Pats won the fucking game 38-7 jerk off!!!

WOW!!! Matt Miller has us drafting @ R1P26 next year!!! 😀

Just one Change?

Thanks Mando – Mr. insight

I miss the days of his informative pieces of how she-devil Dawn Aponte was the plague of Miami

—————
    So if the season were to end TODAY, we’d be selecting at R1P27.

80. Larsen sucks, Landry could block better than that, LMAO

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    October 2, 2018 at 2:57 pm
    Larsen sucks, Landry could block better than that, LMAO
    —————
    LOL

And we face him in 2 weeks…

• So now football experts can look inside a players body from a tv screen, unreal technology.
        Seriously, Mcain Does nothing but bust his ass for this team since He arrived.
        If he doesn’t want to play, or he says he is injured, I’m sure Gase would be the first to know, and He will deal with it.
        , it’s bullshit to speculate when ignorance is the main source of info

• I didn’t mean that as a reply, lol. Bring the chi town QB on, we can sack and pick him off, but can we score some points is the question?

It’s not the same era, the accomplishments from the other 2 far exceed what Mitch did, besides he sucked for 3 games, but had 1 great game. It’s like Orob says with gaining 30 yards on 1 first down, then nothing or minus yards the rest of the game and still coming out with a good average.

83. ElephantRider says:

Asiata can run block. It’s his pass protection that is shakey. Cant do worse than Larsen. Bring him up and get him some reps!

So basically two of our starters on OL are done for the year, and Mando decided to point out how bad the three who are left are? That’s just cold man.

Cold or not, you saw the tape. Our O-Line is in deep poop, man.

Think with or without Mando we all already knew that. It’s like Mando is telling you after your girl breaks up with you that “dude you do realize with as fat as you got gonna be hard for you to find anyone that good.”

Didn’t realize we signed another DE Jeremiah Valoaga 6-6 275 to the PS. He was undrafted by the Lions in 2017 so this is another guy DL coach Kris Kocurek has some history with.

86. ElephantRider says:

LOL Mike E

I saw Osweiler in PS…..Son is just desperate at this point. LOL

New passing records are being broken all the time now. It’s a totally different era. You can’t hit the QB and you can’t breath on the receivers. That and teams throw so much more. I heard an announcer in the PIT/BAL game mention how many more TD passes Big Ben has over Terry Bradshaw. I was like seriously, did you just say that? LOL

• ElephantRider says:

Yeah. Time to throw the record books away. Or start new ones. The rules are only going to become more favorable for the QB and pass game.

88. ElephantRider says:

Bye bye Jordan Phillips….

• ElephantRider says:

I dont know what the blow up was during the game. In fact still haven’t heard much about it. My uninformed guess is they watched the tape and saw a quitter.

The way I heard it reported, Jordan Phillips wasn’t happy with his lack of playing time. Hence, he had a blowup on the sideline. I think he’s gone, too.

We should have signed Jonathan Hankins on the cheap, as the Raiders did.

That and maybe he said some things that just aren’t going to be tolerated.

Wow!!!! So that’s why we tried out 3 DTs yesterday or today. I didn’t see that coming but I do know he had some altercations with the coaches on the sidelines.

October 2, 2018 at 4:02 pm
    —————-
    LOL! Good analogy! 🙂

But on a more serious tip, the depth behind our starters suck… maybe that’s what ya mean. Ya hate like hell to pay $$$ for vet backup O-Linemen, which is why it’s wise to have some young bucks on rookie contracts to back the starters up.

I wanted to go OL as much as anyone (other than wanted one of the top 3 TEs). But there were only so many places to go. And easy to complain about lack of depth when you are down 2 starters in the first 4 games. What unit do we have that could survive that?

Did we cut Phillips?

Can’t cut every guy that there’s an issue with. Try and work it out. 330 lb DT’s don’t grow on trees

I know we don’t have the same track record, but Belichick does it all the time. We should probably wait to find out more if it ever comes out instead of speculating way too early like we often do then saying oh okay, I get it.

Sorta of gives you an idea why he did get cut. Starts with should have been smart enough to talk to his agent as he tries to find another team.

He might of been huffing and puffing for months and the coaches got tired of it along with his performance. We know Phillips flashes greatness and then disappears. Let’s see if we find out more.

I done told y’all that Gase would do this again… as an “October surprise” kind of thing. And DeVante and Cordrea could be next.

And so our BIGGEST D-Lineman (the only man we had who commanded a double-team) is gone… the heaviest now weighs in at 305. Why didn’t we sign Johnathan Hankins, as I suggested we do? He cost a cool $2M for the year (Raiders). We all knew he wasn’t going to get was he and his agent were asking for.

And the unraveling begins
    When we’re 3-6 at the bye do we:
    A. Fire Gase
    B. Extend Tannehill again
    inquiring minds want to know.

He’ll be on a division foe in mere hours. Unbelievable

99. ElephantRider says:

Phillips got beat out by late rd pick….womp womp. He can go underachieve elsewhere.

Thus, we should have signed Jonathan Hankins, bud.

Figure something is up cause no way they cut him with Hayes gone unless for a real good reason.

Of course but the negativity is out in full force when nobody knows what goes on inside the building. The SS article I posted above gives us some insight into the why.

“The Miami Dolphins have released defensive tackle Jordan Phillips, whose questionable work ethic often irritated Miami’s coaches.

Phillips, a 2015 second-round pick, contributed five tackles and one sack in the four games he played this season.

Nah, none of those clips of shitty line play above happened. CGI man! The line it fine. It’s Tannehill and Drake’s fault. Period…..

Eyeroll

Tim – Like you said, his track record isn’t what Belichick’s is. I get it, players don’t follow what you’re trying to accomplish, but isn’t part of being a good Head Coach, is the ability to work with what you have? Sure, players can be a PITA, but some coaches manage the relationships with players better than others. Belichick has the luxury of doing that, because he wins. Gase isn’t quite there yet.

Find a way to motivate players, the formula isn’t exactly the same for every player, find what works. He’s young, but he needs to hone that skill.

This issue was with DL coach Kris Kocurek. Phillips has been given 3+ years to improve his work ethic and it doesn’t seem like he ever got there. Ken has been saying this since he was drafted and he never improved in that area based on reports. I’m going by the intel that’s out there. This isn’t an unprecedented situation. I’m just bummed out it came to this. I’m not going to blame the coaches just like everyone did with Dion Jordan. Some guys just don’t get what the team is looking for.

I’m more interested now in how we go about adding a 4th DT. What is done is done.

Look at Pete Carroll, for example. He finds a way to coach-up many of these misfit football players into STUDS.

I wonder which DT we sign or does a young buck like Jamiyus Pittman get the call from the PS.

I don’t want to hear any fucking excuses about our D-line depth the rest of this season. I hope it works out, I really like Taylor, but now we need another DT, who’s available?

Meh…cutting a 4th string DT with a mouth doesn’t bother me. He has had plenty of time to figure it out and still underachieves. Fuck’em.

Man did Jordan Phillips screw up his life. Some team will pick him up, but sign in the window reads “disgruntled under performing DT 4 Sale.” Guess he got out of his contract year and straight in free agency though.

His performance wasn’t going to get him a big deal next year anyway. Some team will sign him but it won’t be big dollars.

Let’s see…Pete Carol cut Marshawn Lynch, Sherman, shipped a couple more off. Guys who actually had talent.

Stanger – I read your last post and thought you were calling Phillips DT4. He was only one pick, but it was a 2nd RD pick. 🙂

—————
    THAT was a short ride with the Seahawks.

It’s very frustrating. It’s not all on Gase by any means, but if the D-line really becomes a problem the rest of the season, I won’t be happy.

October 2, 2018 at 5:29 pm
    “it looks like his time in Seattle now could be up”….. think was guaranteed with one finger.
    —————
    YUP! The Pearl said “F-YOU” to Seahawks management… and I can’t say I blame him. His career may very well be over now.

Didn’t I just tell you? Lol

I told you yesterday or the day before that Phillips would be the next one to go

Good call the other day on Gase making a statement release, M13. Props.

This turned into a fantastic shitshow in the span of one flipping game. All I can say is wow.

I’m kinda burnt on this stuff. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I just wanted to say I’m taking a break. I may pop in later in the year, but it’s far more likely I’ll see you guys next season.

Cheers, fellas and lady. 🙂

Thank you, SIR. I’m feeling the same way you’re feeling right now about our team, but I’m trying to hang tough through it all. You’re a good dude, CavKong. I’d ask you to hang in there with the rest of us, but you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do, of course.

Cheers, Brother!

Wow Kong, don’t tell me if we beat the Bengals this week that you aren’t going to come on here.

After one bad loss at 3-1 and because Phillips huffed and puffed about playing time, then walked out of a meeting Monday asking for his release? It wasn’t just about his tantrum on the sidelines and nobody knew he walked out of a meeting on Monday asking to be released. LOL

Kong – If so, you will be missed, I always enjoy your comments when you’re here. I hope the Dolphins test your resolve and crush the Bengals to get you back here. 🙂

we can’t to have so many day1 and day 2 busts

this is getting ridiculous

who was our GM when Phillips was t drafted?

Parker
    Phillips
    Jamil Douglas
    Bobby McCain
    Jay Ajayi
    Tony Lippett
    Cedric Thompson

The only player that worked out is McCain
    That’s pretty bad

And now he’s hurt. lol

But look at that draft from a draft pick status as well. Most of those players were made up of a 4th, three 5ths and a 6th rd pick. We know why Ajayi was jettisoned and now Phillips is understandable. It’s also not that surprising when a new coach comes in and is now in his 3rd year that he would bring in his own guys.

The reason that draft looks bad is the based on the first couple of picks

you can’t have a 1-2 of players that disappointing

If you find starters on day 1 and 2 nobody cares about your 5th rounders – unless you find Zach Thomas

It’s pretty obvious Phillips wasn’t happy about his playing time, threw a tantrum on the sidelines, walked out of meeting on Monday and then celebrated his release on social media. Doesn’t sound like a guy who didn’t see it coming and was shocked and disappointed. It sounded like he asked for his release or his behavior forced their hand.

Like I said earlier, wait for all the information to come out instead of speculating because now it’s pretty obvious why he was released. He wanted out! His performance and work ethic was also not something the coaches were fond of either so it was a pretty easy call.

He was known for a poor wok ethic at UT

we shouldn’t draft guys like that
      If there is one thing that drives me crazy, its the lack of investment in draftees

He wasn’t drafted by this regime though, man. Tannenbaum was there but that was his first year over seeing the entire team. Wasn’t Phillips OKL?

Yes OK

Malcolm Brown was the UT DT selected that year at the end of the first round(by the Patriots)
        He’s been decent for the Patriots

I get them confused – We were discussing DTs a lot that offseason

131. ElephantRider says:

I dont think this was Gase making a statement. Dude got pissy about losing his spot. Not very professional. He got his wish. Bye bye.

Who would want that on their team? You cant condone the antics and I’m sure there was more happening, this was probably the last straw.

I view this differently I guess. Guy doesnt want to be there, why keep him around?

To my NJ Bros… there’s a severe system coming your way, in the form of potential tornadoes. Stay safe, y’all.

October 2, 2018 at 6:47 pm
    You too!
    ————
    Thank you! It just passed by my way, and I’m all good.

The thing about Johnson is he is versatile and has experience playing all the positions on the OL. But he’s always been primarily a backup and he’s still young at 27 years old. He’s a body with experience who will have to prove he’s more than that.

I like the way we have drafted the last couple years. Guys like Tunsil, Howard and Grant are a solid draft. 2017 looks terrible right now but these were big school producers so I understand our early picks. 2018 was really good looking at least. The thing I hate is Carroo type picks. They never work, so stop doing it. Also, most of our FAs are busts. That can’t continue.

My main problem is…do our coaches make these players better? Howard is awesome but Tankersley is terrible. Our OL never seems to get there. Our Strength and Conditioning guy doesn’t seem to keep these guys healthy. Our DBs and LBs are out of position frequently. Our DEs and DTs can’t keep a lane clogged, or contain the edge. Our QB hasn’t really progressed enough for a 6th year vet. I just don’t see any elite but we draft some good talent. Maybe we are drafting wrong still?

VERY thoughtful post! I wish I had the answers, New Age. But the one thing I would say? We can’t keep churning HCs and GMs. And BOTH the HC and GM should be hired in the same year.

I am going to be in Morristown, NJ tomorrow and Thursday nights.

That’s not far from Tim

Tim just flinched and said out loud “Damn it MikeE” LOL

Not that close but for a storm I guess so. That’s southwest of me about 20+ miles half an hour without traffic which is rarely the case in NJ. LOL

It’s a nice town though, Rock. A lot of old money in that area. But just like everywhere else there are also shit neighborhoods.

Alright… if this second system moves south, I might be in for more than I bargained for.

LOL Rock!

141. ElephantRider says:

Knee jerk reactions for releasing Phillps…..dude didn’t play much anyway.

GO FINS

Until you find out the real story. This is all on Phillips and his actions.

• ElephantRider says:

He only played 31% of snaps last week. No big loss.

I’m bummed he didn’t pan out for al sorts of reasons, but any sky if falling thoughts because he’s gone is not realistic. Nobody on the team, media, fans or on this blog ever thought he was the key to our defense because he was not. He got jumped by everyone we brought in. It’s just a DT body void. My guess is we add a 4th DT at some point but also use the bigger DEs inside on passing downs. The loss of Hayes was a much bigger loss.

I’m extremely disappointed. I hoped he could be the type of player that could be a difference maker, and at this juncture, it’s way too early to solely blame Phillips. You say he just wanted out from here, why??? What was it that he wanted to get away from? If he succeeds somewhere else, is it still him, or some kind of disconnect with our coaches? I’ll reserve my judgement if/when he gets signed elsewhere, and see how he performs. If he’s the same player there, then it’s on him. If he’s better, well . . .

Mike, Phillips was getting less snaps for a reason. It’s not like this was his 2nd season. He has 3.25 seasons under his belt. He hasn’t really been a good pro in all phases – work ethic, conditioning or consistent performance.

He said he wanted to get down to 320 this offseason. Did he look 320 to you? He looks like the same very large 340+ guy he’s always been to me. Just being a very large DT with athletic ability does not guarantee production. There’s been lots of huge DL who come and go in this league.

Phillips has talent no doubt, but is it 5 plays that stand out in games vs. the other 20 where he does not? Then he gets an attitude about it. It’s not like he was never given a chance to develop. It sounds to me he wasn’t buying in the way the other guys were and the coaches had an issue with it. Then he has a hissy fit about all of it, calls out his coaches, throws a tantrum on the sidelines and then walks out of a meeting yesterday basically signing his fate. Like in any other job, he did what it took to get fired. Then celebrated it on social media within hours of it happening.

That doesn’t fly on this level.

143. I’m glad Phillips is gone, He wasn’t helping Us and was ultimately a wasted pick and pay.
    He’s a big guy, and very athletic, but unfocused and Me first attitude

144. Also talking about good picks lately, can’t leave Minkah out. I know I’ve said it before, lol
    But Minkah is an incredible football player, and We haven’t seen his best yet.
    I can’t wait to see his development and production come to fruition

maybe Philly could use phillips

Maybe we could have traded Phillips to Philly. Instead, Gase and his ego got in the way.

Nevermind… just saw Wyoming’s post below.

Why do you think that?

You do know Phillips called out Kris Kocurek about playing time and then walked out of a meeting basically asking to be released and then celebrated it right? Maybe Burke also said move on. But somehow you come to the conclusion it was about Gase’s ego? How do you come to that conclusion when you have no idea what’s been going on inside the building and then ignore what’s been coming out about the situation?

Teams don’t get rid of good or potentially good players for no reason. That would make no sense right? Of course there was a reason. A lot of players get released because of poor attitudes and their production isn’t good enough to put up with it.

Do you know we didn’t try to trade him? Based on Phillips’ comments this has been going on since TC.

146. So Phillips is gone and running his mouth, let the hate parade begin, lmao

Thus, Phillips got pizzed for not getting enough snaps to advertise himself for a potential suitor.

It is what it is now, and Phillips didn’t do himself any favors. I know that a great many of us were rooting for him to have a breakout season.

I don’t understand folks saying his teammates didn’t see this coming?

How in the hell didn’t you know that is you pissed Gase off you got gone????????

• Dolphins are 3-1 with a 1 game lead over the cheats. Also cheats have to come to Miami for a rematch, so We aren’t actually in bad shape standings wise.
      We just have to regroup and come out and whip the bengals ass, and get back on track

Know what REALLY pizzes me off? How the commentators of our game against the Raiders tried to tell us that William Hayes INTENTIONALLY tried to place his body weight on Derek Carr. That was a FLAT-OUT LIE! SMH

Hayes injured his ACL by trying NOT to place his body weight on Derek Carr… and Carr more or less acknowledged as much.

I found it odd that they released Phillips unless he had just become a cancer. We were thin / unproven at DT to start the season and it just got worse with multiple injuries. He must have really pissed Gase off.

None of us truly know what went down. The team will spin it in their favor. They always do. Believe them if you want. If he’s gone, fine. You could see it coming anyway. But, this is becoming a trend…..and not a good one. It makes it at least appear that Gase does not have a handle on his team. Like it or not, you better be able to handle self centered, me first, selfish players because there are a shit ton of them in the NFL now. You can’t just get rid of them all. Be a coach. Figure it out.

Randy, Phillips’ comments after being released pretty much iced what went down. You’re not following the intel. This wasn’t just about Gase. It was the entire defensive staff. Phillips basically threw gasoline on a fire. It’s out there. We do now know what went down.

In the NFL it’s about buying into the program and doing what is asked of you. If you do not, you’re gone. Happens all across the league. We just mostly focus on the Dolphins. This sort of stuff goes on all the time. Phillips burned his bridges and being there were no takers in a trade is because the NFL knows his reputation. He’ll get picked up and have some moments. But I would not be surprised to see him bounce around the league from here on out. It’s a shame too, he has the talent. But there is more to it than just that.

ORob, Gase said after the OAK game that Jordy Nelson’s early big plays were not solely on Minkah. But refrained from calling anyone else out. Whatever the fuck it was it sure looked like miscommunication to me.

• Minkah wasn’t the cornerback assigned to cover Nelson either, he’s a safety that should be helping over the top and got a lesson from a seasoned veteran. It happens, and it’s a good learning experience for Minkah to get exposed to a lot of differant players and looks

40 years ago the NFL may have been that way. It’s not anymore. Players are selfish and care about their bank accounts and themselves not the team. They aren’t team first anymore, so you better figure out how to coach them.

156. I’m happy we picked up what should be a starting center. Our OL was very thin and We needed a starting center badly

Not so fast. Wesley has never locked down a starting job in his career. He’s versatile and still young at 27 is all. He has played multiple positions in his career in both college and the pros. I expect Swanson to be the starting center unless they move Larsen there and change LG. Sitton was gone after week one. The only position we needed to add depth was backup center and interior depth, and after 8 games the overachieving Jake Brendel will be back in the mix for center.

funny little stat that makes me think someone in the Dolphins front office reads this blog;

Frank Gore has started every game this year.

WAIT ROB!

The funny part is that Kenyan Drake has also started every game this year.

GOTTA get something off my chest. Last 4 days here in Tampa we’ve set all-time record highs for the date – – – BY A LOT!!! Both Sat.& Sun. the highs were 97 vs. a record high of 93. Yesterday was 96 vs. record high of 94. Today, the high was 97 vs. a record high for the date of 93. And they’ve been keeping records here for over 150 YEARS!!!
    ———–
    Meanwhile, we’ve had MORE than a year’s worth of rain here in just 9 months, WITHOUT any tropical storms or hurricanes!! We’ve has 51 inches of rain, vs. an average of 46 FOR THE YEAR, and we’ve still got 3 months to go!!! FINALLY, the incredibly ugly and smelly RED TIDE has killed our beaches, our hotels, and our tourist business. For the first time in my VERY LONG MEMORY, the East coast of Florida (Palm Beach County) is getting the Red Tide, too!!!
    ———-
    A few weeks ago, a spokesman for Governor Rick Scott referred to problems caused by “Climate Change.” Scott promptly fired this guy, saying “there’s no such thing as climate change!” –Well that’s true if you are a billionaire (which Scott is), get chauferred or flown everywhere, and eat and sleep in the swankiest of places. HOWEVER, for the rest of us, climate change arrived many years ago. Back in the ’50’s and 60’s, Florida public schools had no air conditioning. Big fans did the job as summer highs were usually in the 80’s or very low 90’s. NO MORE! They now close schools if the air conditioning fails. And they close schools if rising water levels threaten school busses as they drive kids to and from homes and schools after a couple inches of rain.–I could go on and on about how climate change has impacted the state I love. But I feel like I’m wasting my time.

Once, again, the FLAT EARTH PEOPLE have stuck their collective heads in the sand. But, finally, they’re discovering that the sand has the raw stink of decaying fish and sea born diseases. FLORIDA IS DYING, and many of “our leaders” are looking the other way.

I HOPE most of you coming to Florida for the coming FEST later this month are not too inconvenienced by the stench, the stink, and the increasing higher water levels. Be EXTRA CARFEFUL about eating “fresh” Florida fish! (Me and my wife haven’t eaten fish for the last 3 months!) Be extra careful on our beaches — the “clean-up” has been a “hit-or-miss” project at many of our beaches. And I’d definitely think twice before swimming in Red Tide infested waters.

OH how I wish this was just a bad dream. But it’s not.

Depressing, we traded away a good amount of 2nd round picks for throw away QB’s too.

The busts: Eddie Moore, Beck, White, Thomas, Jonathan Martin and Phillip Merling.

The disappointments: Jamar Taylor, Phillips and Chad Henne. Perhaps Merling and Thomas can be moved from the bust to the disappointment list, but you get the drift.

One, Jarvis Landry, became a Pro Bowler, but wasn’t re-signed after his first contract. Another, Xavien Howard, has a chance to be a Pro Bowler if he continues on his current arc. Three others — Sean Smith, Samson Satele and Matt Roth — became solid NFL players.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article219105460.html#storylink=cpy

160. Rock Scott is a bigger douchebag than Goodell, lol. I’m voting for Gillum for Governor, He wants to clean the water up

WOW NYT

Sorry, but I believe what I see not what I hear. Lol

163. Yes, global warming or climate change is changing FL. Now A1A in Ft Lauderdale is underwater and road closes every high tide.
    I went to New Smyrna Beach last year, used to be very wide, and the Tide came in, trapped us against the dunes, and we scrambled over the dunes to avoid drowning! I haven’t been back there since

I thought it was due to corporate waste and pollution?

• It’s d all of the above, FL was fine, but pollution profiteers are harming it for financial gain.
        20 million natives and about 30 million tourists are negatively affected due to the top guys screwing us, it has to stop now while there is still a FL left.
        I don’t want to live in a toxic waste dump like Jersey, lol

My two cents, what’s going on environmentally in Florida is horrible and from what I know it’s about more corporate greed. Even my conservative family and friends who live there say the same thing.

Sometimes we have to take a step back from party politics and say WTF is going on here? Find a solution you asshats.

• It’s both, corporations pay the politicians off to relax pollution controls and allow polluting practices like backpumping polluted water from the cane fields directly into the lake.
      Also big cattle operations on the Kissimmee river flowing into the big O are causing problems.
      Grocery stores are full of organic beef, and organic sugar, why so much poison on the damn FL fields? Go organic You chumpheads! Bigger profit margin on organic anyway

165. Lake Okeechobee has suffered for decades because big sugar buys off the governors. That has to stop, a lot of FL natives I know are pissed as hell about the red tide, brown tide, and rising water levels to go along with runaway development and suburban sprawl.
    Central FL is looking like the damn Lorax, chopping down trees and throwing up cheaply built pressboard townhouses that won’t hold up to Hurricanes, and Wawa gas stations every block

I saw a PBS show a few years ago about the Indian river estuary and the tampa bay estuaries and the scientists who did the study of the toxic algae bloom did chromo-something-or-other testing on the algae’s molocules and were able to determine that ntrates and nitrites that the blooms fed on to explode actually came from human and animal waste and not fertilizer. The entire north shore of the lake up through kissimee is in the underground river that becomes the shallow river in the Everglades and there are 10’s of thousands of ceptic tanks fully submerged in that underground state wide “river” that fills the lake from the north.

part of the “clean up” the feds were paying for before the congress cut the budget when they slashed the EPA was bringing sewer to those communities along with the giant holding / cleaning structures south of the lake that have stopped now (so big you can see them from space, pretty impressive) These projects are abandoned for all intent and purpose.

It is a socialist project after all.

Why should the feds (I.e. the taxes from my friends in NJ) have to pay for a Florida problem?

• When I was a kid the Indian river was crystal clear, You could see bottom everywhere and hundreds of fish caught in a day was normal.
        Now it looks like a toilet, and I wouldn’t fish it, prolly not much there anyway

• America has a lot of socialist projects, it’s not like one person pays for something, and one person receives some of what He or she paid.
        Under the constitution, all citizens are equal, sometimes taxpayers in FL pay for a bridge in Oregon, or a road project in Maine, and sometimes those places help us.
        But in FL case, they got screwed by the Feds channelizing the Kissimmee river, so they should pay at least 25 percent of the repairs to fix those idiots damage.
        FL is prepared to go it alone if need be, but it would be acceptable if the US chipped in a little since they are too blame.
        In court cases the party’s at fault have to pay for damages, FL retains a legal right to sue the US if they choose to exercise it if US plays cheapskate

Yes! I heard they were trying out OL, and I thought I had a shot. Turns out I overestimated my ability to run 10 yards. Lol

167. The US government didn’t want to feel left out on the raping of FL environment, the US Army Corps of Engineers dug out the kissimmmee river and made it into a channel, and dikied the lake to stop the natural southerly flow.
    Everglades were always the river of grass, but now, the excess water gets dumped into the east west canals so it pollutes the beaches and marine environment, SMH
    We are our own worst enemy

at low tide it smells like one too. Banana river too.

169. Why should the Feds pay for it? Because the taxes they collect from us should be used in ways that benefit the country and its people.
    Destroying the environment is foolish, look at China, and cheating our children and grandchildrens future for mere profit, when solutions are available is irresponsible and reprehensible IMO

The US Army corp of Engineers helped make the problem, FL didn’t ask for that expenditure, they just did it.
    So if the Feds can pay for destroying FL, they can help pay for some of the repairs, FL will pay the bulk

ROCKPHIN; Then I guess you also know Scott ordered most of the septic tank inspectors to be laid off in a “budgetary move” earlier this year. I say “BRING ‘EM BACK.”
    ————-
    LOOK, I don’t think this should be a partisan issue. IN FACT, I’ve voted LIBERTARIAN both in Texas (2005-2007) and in Florida, beginning in 2008. However, since Florida’s House and Senate are almost two-thirds Republican controlled, it’s reasonable to assume that they COULD remedy this situation IF THEY WANTED TO. And, in fact, there finally are some rumblings about additional fundings to fight Red Tide and other forms of pollution here in Florida. BUT ONLY BECAUSE THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR! –A local political science professor in the Tampa Bay area predicted these calls for more funds will stop once the elections are held, He’s probably right.

171. The republicans that FL has had,were some of the worst, they hated the environment but loved illegal kickbacks.
    They, gambled their career on hoping people wouldn’t notice they were destroying the environment,
    Gamble failed, We noticed and will be voting those greedy pols out

172. ElephantRider says:

I worked in Okeechobee about 12 years ago. The lake was dead/dying then….

OD, we’ve had our disagreements and exchanged some unpleasantries over the years. Football and the Dolphins are one thing, but this country is more important to me than any of that. You like I are both libertarian in philosophy. I have voted libertarian for presidents, governors, house and senate when available. I don’t care about right or left, the well being of this country and environment overall throughout the world is more important to me than sports etc.

What politicians do for money, support and votes is disgusting to me. I love the land, air and sea. I cherish it. Anyone who doesn’t… I have a big problem with.

Partisan nonsense needs to end. Independent thinking needs to overcome tribal thinking. It’s not good for any of us. When you get down to it, it’s downright stupid. I’m with you on that front. Just wanted you to know that. Peace!

174. Something I was thinking is, Why is a problem to not stand for the national anthem?
    The national anthem was written about the slaves blood washing away the brits.
    Francis Scott key was for slavery and against abolition.
    The flag represents America, the national anthem represents colonial America and legalized slavery.
    In 2018 America, the national anthem does not represent us, therefore it has little relevance other than historic trivia.
    I respect the flag, and everyone in this country, but I can’t respect the anthem, it’s just not who we are anymore.
    But it does shed a little light on why a black football player that chooses to kneel against police brutality, is called a son’s of a bitch that needs to respect a slavery anthem.

America should have a national anthem Everyone can respect, a modern one that depicts modern life. I would love to respect the national anthem as soon as we get an acceptable one, but until We do, I’ll respect the country, not Francis Scott key

I’ll get back to you on this. The national anthem was about war with the British. Not promoting slavery. It was about after a British naval barrage that the flag was still there.

David, you would be shocked how nice NJ is outside of Newark Airport and the industrial areas. Remember NJ is the most congested area in the 50 states and is called the Garden State. Like I said to someone else not long ago. I’ll blindfold you for an hour we take a ride than reveal and you’ll wonder where the fuck you are. LOL

NJ is about 170 miles long and 70 miles wide. You’d be amazed what’s in between. The state has coastlines, Hudson River, Atlantic ocean and farmland. You southerners don’t know shit. LOL

Seriously though, I hate the overwhelming population and traffic in such a small area. But it is what it is. NJ is the closest rural, suburban and coast line for the 5 boroughs of NYC. NY State is huge but you have to go north and west for the real country. Of course NYC has other areas that are suburban and somewhat country nearby, but it’s the same territory. Bridges connect us. Many waterways.

One moment you see huge buildings and cities and within 30 minutes you’re like hey what’s this.

At the end of that day, I hate state battles. Are we the USA or not, what say you?

176. dcoralsprings says:

Hey all, been awhile thought I’d stop bye see how others were looking at that game,
    After reading I think I agree mostly with,,,, all of you, think everyone has an element of correct

Defense is good but it’s not great, we have a lot of really nice pieces but we can tend to allow too many 3rd converts, trouble occasionally with stopping the run and skilled TE’s
    Good but not great, enough to get us where we want to be,,,maybe

Offense
    This offense is a bit of a head scratcher, 3-1/4 yrs into it and it’s still “klunky”
    Sometimes it moves well sometimes it all looks pre-season rough, we’ve changed lots of the players etc and still tends to just look a bit klunky

I think Gase is a smart football guy, calls a lot of wtf plays at what appears to be the wrong time but what do I know lol

When it works we win, when we get in a crunch all the warts get exposed, plain and simple

We’re middle of the road, could be worse but not quite where we want to be I can see us at 8/8 or maybe just short of the playoffs, we’ll see
    Just enjoy the games, ups and downs it’s football season !

GO DOLPHINS!

177. Tim, I hear Ya, and Newark IS terrible, if America was a person, Newark would be the asshole, lol

The Newark airport is the worst I’ve ever seen, even worse than some third world countries I have visited.
    Newark is an embarrassment to humanity IMO, everything broken, old, and shitty, WTF.
    Other than Newark and a few hundred EPA Superfund sites, Jersey is nice? lol I have heard that before
    The elevators and escalators were broken, maintenance doesn’t exist, concessions were dirty, and selections were cheap and minimal, most shut down anyway.
    And staying overnight in Newark is like living in a society where the streets will eat people after dark, lol
    Wow that’s a rough place, I was happy to go to Russia after that, someplace nice, lol

Lots of corruption in Newark and it’s a big city and industry hub. Even downtown there is such a sleazy element that you can’t wait to get the fuck out of there. There are sections with great restaurants specifically Portuguese, but other than going to the Prudential Center for an even or having to go to the airport, I stay away. LOL

Sick of all the squealing!

It’s bounce back week
    We are going to beat the Bengals

You can oink on it
    🐖💨

Tiger Piggy is here!

180. oMG MNGA up 197 percent in 24 hours. If this keep up, I may be able to bring Landry back for a couple first downs minimum, lmao JK.

181. We need this one Tiger Piggy! 4-1 will have us back on track to win the east

I’ve seen the light, i have decided to change my mind, I’m with you Rockphin, I think we should pass more on first down.

not sure why we ran those 2 times against the pats, screw that lets pass every down!

After all that’s what we do, if you can’t beat them join them,

Drake should be our #1 RB, he’s such a stud, the great moves he makes while picking up those 1.8 yards is fabulous!

and the end result is even better, we get a great draft pick and our moron coach can join Phillips Ajayi and Landry on the road.

So yes let’s pass more!

ocalarob says:
    October 3, 2018 at 10:07 am

This invalidates everything that comes after it, I wont even read the rest. I have never been a proponent to pass more. I have only pointed out that the coach likes it. Not my personal preference.

That’s a fan site and I’m not going to even entertain it. Dumb at this point.

They actually made a point of how ridiculous it is to say the sky is falling and how all the different pieces are failing at this point. Was a tongue and cheek article, dripping with sarcasm.

Oh okay. If it was a negative rant after one loss I wasn’t into it. LOL

All of this is knee jerk, just like it was knee jerk to start singing praises or players, coaches, and the team as a whole after the first 3 wins.

Tanny was never 10-1 despite people really wanting to emphasize that statistic. He was leading a team who was 3-0 and now he is leading a team that is 3-1. He isnt fully to blame, or void of blame.The last game all phases of our game looked like poop. We couldnt do much to stop them, they shut us down. Both RB got shut down, there is no Drake vs Gore discussion to be had because neither did anything until mop up time, when they were conceding the run anyways. The LB’s looked lost. The DL did a somewhat decent job, but didnt really effect their passing game. Howard had one of his worst games in recent memory. Our ST’s were off, Haack didnt help us much with field position. Just a really bad team loss.

It is however, just one loss and now its time to pick our selves up, do our walk of shame, get over it and put our best foot forward against Cincy. The reason there is so much being made over this one loss is because people built up in their minds and hearts that ZOMG we are awesome this year. We we arent, and we were destined for one of these games eventually. Maybe though this is the point we grow and find ourselves.

Yes we lost another OL, but teams lose players, its the nature of the sport, lets see what ya got Dolphins. Yes we just had an embarrassing loss to a team in our division that we really needed a statement win against, but come on pick your selves up and lets see what ya got Dolphins. News media is poking fun at up, calling us posers, shut out that noise and lets see what ya got…. It not the end of the season, we arent out of the playoffs already, in fact we are actually at the top of the standings still and we just can let this derail us.

Good post.

I was ecstatic to be 3-0 but said all along there was plenty to clean up. I was also worried about the game in NE because the Pats were facing 1-3 at home and you knew they would bring their A game. I just didn’t think we’d play so poorly. It was one loss no matter the score. It happens.

I expected a tough game, and likely a loss. I just dont like how we lost.

They were backs against the wall, at home, where they are really hard to beat. They have a great coach who gets his team prepped.

It was going to take a very good performance to win, and we didnt give anything close to a great performance.

Im disappointed, but not distraught. If we had won this game, and convincingly, i probably start sipping the Koolaide myself, but as i said i wasnt really expecting it because i havent been overly impressed with the wins so far. I liked getting W’s but there was always an air of…skepticism i had in those. Not sure how i can explain it, i just didnt get the feeling we had arrived watching those games. Hopefully we can get it back together in Cincy because despite the blow out i know we are a better team than we showed ourselves to be, just like in the other games i knew we werent as good as it might have seemed we were either.

Agreed. I felt at the start of the season if we could scratch and claw our way to some wins early on as this team builds more chemistry, we’d be okay. Which we did at 3-0. But this team still needs to get better overall if they want to be a playoff team. Now some key injuries have really put a chink in our armor. But like all other teams we have to overcome that.

There is a difference in socialist programs and a socialist system of government. Education, infrastructure, the military and environmental policies are socialist in that it’s for the good of all the citizens. A socialist system of government where all business and commerce are controlled by the government is a whole different deal that can restrict innovation and free markets. The problem is when you have that, you’re going to get a lot more corruption and agenda driven policies that are not for the good of all the citizens. That’s how I see it anyway. At the end of the day it’s still about people and behaviors. It’s not like we’re competing against a different species. LOL

We might someday though. 😉

For the record this was influenced by Rock and David’s environmental discussion about what’s going on in Florida. I didn’t just post this out of nowhere. LOL

I remember that he struggled with the Jets in 2017 after playing well for a short stint when Mangold went down in 2016. However he’s still young only 27 and players can improve. That’s the best we can hope for. But he’ll likely backup Swanson and then we’ll see what happens when Brendel comes back. Johnson is also versatile having played multiple positions on the OL in college and the pros. At this point he’s a guy with NFL experience and we have a depth void on the interior.